Therapeutic gymnastics and massage with shoulder periarthritis
The shoulder blade is one of the most mobile and flexible joints. It is because of the wide range of movements that the scapula-humeral joint is often subjected to periarthritis.
The reason for the periarthritis of the shoulder joint may be the resulting injury, unsuccessful jerks or heavy physical work. When the shoulder joint is affected, not only medical treatment is required, an important condition here is regular massages, as well as therapeutic gymnastics.
LFK with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
In case the pain of the shoulder and shoulder joint is characterized as very strong, an anesthetic preparation can be taken before performing therapeutic exercises. It is very important to take into account that all exercises should be performed under the supervision of the attending physician or be coordinated with him. The fact is that a reassessment of one's physical abilities( under the influence of an anesthetic drug) can lead to an aggravation of the disease. If the periarthritis of the shoulder joint has pronounced symptoms, the complexity and number of exercises should be increasing. To begin in this case it is necessary with the most simple actions. Detailed exercise is shown in video 1.
As a rule, gymnastics with periarthritis of the shoulder joint is aimed at the development of joints such as the elbow, wrist and hand joints. Basically, the blade joint and the shoulder joint area are kneaded.
In the reflex limitation of the mobility of the affected shoulder or shoulder joint, caused by severe pain, treatment is carried out using thermal procedures. In addition, the patient needs therapeutic gymnastics. Thermal procedures can be carried out with a heating pad, which can be replaced with a bag filled with sand( warmed).In acute periarthritis of the shoulder and shoulder joint, gymnastics requires taking certain measures. First of all, the diseased limb should be fixed with a soft roller installed in the armpit.
If the shoulder periarthritis is in the acute stage, exercise should be performed in the supine position. With a reduction in painful sensations in the humeroscapular joint, it is possible to diversify the exercises, adding to them those performed standing and sitting. Periarthritis of the shoulder joint requires specially selected therapeutic exercises. The result of each action should be the relaxation of the corresponding muscle group. As for the number of exercises, this question should be decided by the attending physician, since he is strictly individual.
Periarthritis of the shoulder joint: some medical exercises
- To perform the first exercise, lie on your back. Bending both hands in the elbows, begin to squeeze and unclench your fingers in a fist. After doing about 10 times, shake with brushes. It is recommended to take at least 0.5 minutes to complete.
- The following action, aimed at reducing pain in periarthritis of the shoulder joint, is performed in the same initial position. Bending your arms in the elbows, begin to bend and unbend the wrists in the wrist joints. After doing this action 5 times, go to the circular rotations of the brushes, which in this case should be relaxed. It is not necessary to hurry. Feeling tired, let the joints rest.
- If the humeroparous periarthritis is in the acute stage, it is recommended to start exercise therapy from exercise, including the following: lying on your back and straightening your arms, start turning the wrists down and up.5-10 times will be quite enough, then you can proceed to the next exercise.
- While in the previous starting position, touch with the palms of the shoulders, while taking a deep breath, returning to the starting position, exhale. The action should be done 5 to 10 times.
- With periarthritis of the shoulder joint, it is very good to perform the following exercise: lying on a hard surface, bend your arms( in the elbows) so that a right angle is obtained. Do not hurry, start to spread the forearms in the sides. It is advisable that, when performing this exercise, the brushes of your hands touch the surface on which you are lying. The optimal number of exercises - 5 times.
- Brushes should be on the shoulders, elbows spread on the sides, taking a deep breath at the same time. Returning to the starting position, exhale. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, raise your elbows forward, taking a deep breath, lowering your elbows - exhale. This movement helps to relieve pain in the shoulder, the shoulder joint. The total number of movements is 5-7 times.
- Putting hands in the starting position along the trunk, start to plant them on the sides. In this case, turn the palms up and down. Perform the exercise until the affected shoulder does not have a feeling of fatigue.
- If you have a shoulder periarthritis, the following exercise should be included in the complex of exercise therapy: the initial position is the same, alternately start lifting your hands up, while taking a deep breath and exhaling.
- Spread your arms across the width of the plane on which you are lying( palms down).With palms, try pressing on the surface. If at the same time you feel pain in the shoulder, the exercise should be discarded.
- Lying, as before, on a hard surface, stretch out your hands so that your hands are pointing upwards, for a few minutes, try to relax.
If something is not clear, help video 2. If the scapular periarthritis is at an acute stage, do not try to do the exercises to the maximum. Repeat them preferably three times a day, but the amount should be determined by the attending physician.
At the moment when the pain becomes less pronounced, the following exercises should be added to the exercise complex:
- Sitting on a chair, put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Next, proceed to bending the arms in the elbows, while taking a deep breath, unbending, exhale. Feeling behind the affected shoulder discomfort, you should stop.
- Raise and lower your hands in front of you, breathing in and out. Five exercises will be enough.
- Next, try to get your hand to the shoulder blade, then try the same thing with your hand with the affected shoulder. If the exercise causes you severe pain, it is better to abandon it.
- If periarthritis does not make itself felt by acute symptoms, the following exercise will do: put your hands on your knees. Take your hand to the side, hold it for a few seconds, then take a breath, the same should be repeated with the other hand.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, alternately start pulling your elbows to the knee of the opposite leg. In this case, the knee can be raised.
- Sitting on a chair, make a slope, one hand should be pulled to the shoulder, the second one down. Changing your hands, take a deep breath and exhale.
- With periarthritis, the following exercise is very effective: with shoulder joints, try to perform circular movements back and forth.
- Next, proceed to make head inclinations back and forth, then to the side. Do not rush if this does not happen, if there are dizziness, take a short break.
If the periarthritis does not make itself felt by pronounced symptoms, you can include the following exercise in the exercise complex: the initial position is the same( sitting on a chair), stand up, spread your arms around, and take a breath. Returning to the original position, exhale. Follow the exercise 5-7 times.
Exercise for brachial periarthritis in the starting position standing
Standing on your feet, begin to perform circular movements with your hands, lifting them in front of you. Then, while doing the same actions, drop your hands. Exercise is performed at a slow pace until the first signs of fatigue.
The starting position is the same, put your feet on the width of the shoulders, start the swings to the right and left with both hands. Exercise should be performed 5-10 times( depending on how acutely the polyarthritis makes itself felt).
Standing on your feet, hands at the seams, begin to swing back and forth. The muscles must be relaxed. Next, try to alternate the direction of the hands( one forward, the other back).
Another effective exercise with shoulder periarthritis is walking, during which wide hand movements are performed. It is not necessary to hurry up in this case, it's enough for 1 min.
Massage with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
With the help of a complex including exercise therapy and massage procedures, a quick and effective result can be achieved. Therapeutic massage can remove pain and prevent the formation of rough scar tissue. In addition, this method is able to eliminate the development of tendovaginitis, bursitis, myositis, to prevent muscle atrophy.
It is very important that the massage procedures are regular, enough to give them 15 minutes a day. Typically, the course includes 15-20 massage procedures that require periodic breaks of 3 to 4 weeks. To treat the periarthritis of the scapula and shoulder joint exclusively by the medicinal method is not enough, since this can lead to the development of reflex contracture( restriction of mobility).
In order to prevent friable shoulder periarthritis complications, it is very important to follow all the recommendations of the attending physician. After performing exercise therapy, it is recommended that the shoulder joint be fixed so that the movements are minimal. For this, the patient should lie on a hard surface so that the arm is at a right angle.
Physiotherapy with polyurethritis: Methodology of Popov as a method of treatment
Pleuralopathy periarthritis - a disease not as widely known as, for example, osteochondrosis of the spine, however no less painful and difficult to treat. It is an inflammation of the joint connecting the humerus and scapula, its periarticular tissues( ligaments, tendons and joint capsule).For the fight against this disease, drug therapy, physiotherapy and exercise therapy are used, as the course of physical exercises by P.Popov's technique has proved to be well.
Causes of the disease
Often, humeroparous periarthritis is one of the manifestations of systemic polyarthritis - a disease affecting all large and small joints. There are several reasons for polyarthritis today - it is believed that it can have a different origin. Depending on the origin, the following varieties of polyarthritis are distinguished:
- Infectious polyarthritis develops on the background or as a result of the infectious agent's damage to the body. Less commonly, arthritis is caused by parasites. Infection penetrates deeper into the joint with the current of passing blood and causes in it a specific inflammation, which is stopped after the appointment of effective therapy;in some cases after the transferred inflammation, changes in the function and anatomical structure of the joints remain.
- Rheumatoid polyarthritis. The etiology of it is not clear today; two main factors in the development of this kind of joint inflammation are identified:
- , the heredity of
- , past-transmitted viral diseases( parotitis, measles, respiratory syncytial infection, hepatitis B, herpes, cytomegalovirus infection)
The starting point for the onset of the diseasesupercooling, stress, intoxication, disturbance of metabolic processes and the use of mutagenic preparations.
- Gouty polyarthritis. It develops as a result of impaired uric acid metabolism, as a result of which uric acid salts are deposited inside the joints and on the periarticular surface, forming characteristic nodules.
- Polyarthritis as a concomitant pathology of the underlying disease: systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriasis, granulomatosis, borreliosis and others.
Predisposing factors contribute to the development of polyarthritis: excessive physical stress, bad habits, excess weight, sedentary lifestyle. In particular, humeropathy periarthritis often occurs in people engaged in manual labor, lifting weights or performing the same type of motion with their hands for a long time.
Probably the development of this pathology in case of trauma - dislocation, sprain of the shoulder joint or bruise. In this case, there is an acute onset of the disease, associated with a traumatic situation in the anamnesis.
Clinical picture with polyurethritis
The leading symptom of the disease is the pain in the projection of the shoulder joint and shoulder blade, which is amplified by hand movements - attempts to lift it or rotate outward or inward. Pain sharp, burning, resting slightly decreases, takes nochy character. Hand movements are severely limited. As a rule, the disease takes a chronic course with periods of exacerbation and remission. Exacerbation of the disease can provoke:
- Exceeding the limits of the allowable physical activity
In the acute phase, there may be an increase in body temperature to subfebrile, general malaise, weakness. With infectious lesions of the shoulder joint, the body temperature can rise to high figures, and the pain can pulsate.
At objective survey the following picture is revealed: integuments in a projection of the amazed joint edematous, quite often hyperemic. Palpation of the joint is painful. In terms of blood, a picture of inflammation can be observed.
Often the disease takes an unfavorable course: due to frequent exacerbations, deforming changes in the joint surface and the absence of adequate rehabilitation measures, spines of the tendon-ligamentous apparatus are formed, stiffness( ankylosis, contracture) of the shoulder joint begins to develop, which gradually leads to a decrease in the function of the hand. Therefore, rehabilitation physiotherapy plays a big role in maintaining movements in the affected arthritic joint and preventing exacerbations of chronic periarthritis.
Technique of Dr. Popov
PA Popov for a long time specialized in restoring the functions of the human body after the trauma. He paid special attention to connective tissue - the ligaments and tendons surrounding the joints and bundles of muscle fibers. The theory and practice of Dr. Popov is based on the fact that as a result of trauma, the elements of the joint complex or fragments of the broken limb take an incorrect position, and the connective tissue "remembers" this position and continues to support it even after healing the lesion. The same happens with an inflammatory disease, including a humeropathy periarthritis: a person spares the affected joint in order to avoid the pain that causes movement by hand. The ligaments fix this position and prevent it from changing even after the inflammation has been stopped.
This ability of ligaments to "remember" the right position and support it, Dr. Popov began to use for his own purposes, by training connective tissue and helping her to take the right position. For this he uses the methods of "small movements". The essence of this method consists in the gradual "loosening" of stiffened in one position ligaments. For this, the patient is offered special complexes, during which he performs cautious, with a small amplitude, movement and at the same time closely watches his feelings. In the course of training a person should pick up those exercises, which he likes to do, and concentrate his efforts on them. However, this physical culture should in no case be accompanied by fatigue, tension or the appearance of pain. Normally, after exercising, a person experiences pleasant fatigue and relaxation.
You can begin classes only at the stage of complete remission or after the healing of the disease. To achieve a lasting positive result, you must practice regularly. The first changes for the better are not immediately apparent. In most cases, patients with pleural flap periarthritis should be engaged in the technique of PA Popov constantly, throughout his life.
The complex of exercises with shoulder-blade periarthritis
The method of Dr. Popov implies that each person chooses the most effective exercises for himself. However, for this it is necessary to perform at least once the whole complex, observing the internal sensations. After each exercise we relax, relieving tension from the muscles of the back and shoulder girdle.
Warm up the ligaments
- Conveniently sit on the edge of the chair, straighten the spine, hands on your knees. We start slowly to tear off the front often feet from the floor, performing walking movements. We move smoothly, stroking the legs with the hands from the hip to the knees and just below in a circle - thus we gradually use the shoulder girdle. We keep the rhythm of breathing.
- Performing light pendulum-like inclinations from side to side, we describe the imaginary eight figures with the shoulder belt, with the shoulders alternately being pulled to themselves. Having described several circles in one direction, we carry out movements to another - from ourselves. The muscles of the back and shoulder girdle are as relaxed as possible.
- We grasp one hand with the other hand and stretch our arms upwards, straightening the spine and hands. If the pain is not possible to perform this action, then the hands are directed down to the floor, and just as we straighten them, sipping the shoulder girdle. The back is rounded and slightly deflected back, the thoracic and lumbar spine bends back. We return to the starting position and repeat the exercise several times.
- We do exercise 3, but we bring our hands closer together, already. When tilting forward, we want to inhale, back - exhale.
- Repeat exercise 1 - walking while sitting.
- Perform pendulum movements back and forth, hands relaxed at the same time, move in the same direction as the back, coming forward, slightly crossed. The back is not tense, we move freely. When moving back, carefully join the blades with each other. Forward - inhale, back - exhale.
- Smoothly raise your hands one after the other, the brush looks down, the whole body is involved in the movement, the back stretches as if moving behind the moving hand. We add a turn with the head and neck towards the rising arm.
- We put the thumbs at the midpoint of the clavicle and perform circular movements with the elbows in front of us. Then we make the same movements in the opposite direction. Amplitude is increased gradually, observing the sensations of the body.
- We unfold the feet on the heels, directing the socks and knees to each other, and simultaneously slowly lean forward. Hands at the same time slip on the surface of the thighs and lower legs, the muscles of the back stretch a little. We unfold the stops in the opposite direction, directing the socks from each other - stand up, connect the shoulder blades, straighten the thorax, open the pelvis. Movement cautious, smooth. On the rise, inhale, when lowering down - exhalation.
- Exercise 1 - walking sitting.
- We put the thumbs on the middle of the clavicle, the arms are bent at the elbows. We are alternating the elbows forward and up, back and down. The transition between the movements occurs through the waist, the muscles of the back and shoulder girdle are actively working. Raising your arm up, turn your head in the opposite direction and stretch the interscapular muscles a little.
- Having relaxed the brushes, on the big circle we direct hands downwards before ourselves until the palms will not look outward in different directions, then we do the reverse movement. When the palms are below, we stretch our arms and shoulders, slightly springy;while the spine is fixed in a flat vertical position.
- We lift hands with the relaxed brushes, slightly bending the wrist, alternately upwards, lowering downwards. At the same time, we engage the muscles of the back and the whole body. Further, when the arm is raised, we bend it up at the elbow joint, straining the biceps arm muscle. Add the lifting of the arm bent at the elbow up, pointing up the elbow.
Tensioning of tendons
- We squeeze our fingers into the lock, put our hands in front of us and proceed to wave-like movements with our hands - from the elbow of one hand through the hands to the elbow of the other, first into one, then backwards. Then we perform circular motions, assembled into the lock by the hands, connecting to them the shoulder belt.
- We put one hand on the opposite shoulder, hold its elbow with the second hand. We lean forward and, rising upwards, we pull up the elbow to ourselves. Move down - inhale, up - exhale. We change hands, we repeat.
- Feet is placed widely, we put our hands on our knees. Alternately, we stretch our shoulders towards the opposite knee, leaning forward, moving in the rhythm of the pendulum.
- Returning your legs to their original position, perform circular motions with your shoulders upwards first forward, then backwards.
- We put our legs as wide as possible, we rest our hands on our knees, lean forward. Do not move your back, we direct alternately the shoulders to the opposite knees. Should only be used shoulder girdle. We lift the case up, again we move our shoulders.
This gymnastics promotes both the prevention of complications, and the development of already formed contractures of the shoulder joint.
LFK with humeroscapular periarthritisThe use of physiotherapy exercises occupies an important place in the complex therapy of various diseases. This is especially important in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and, in particular, the humeroparous periarthritis.
What is humeropathy periarthritis
Pleuralopathy periarthritis is a symptom-complex that develops as a result of inflammation of the surrounding shoulder joint of soft tissues( capsules of the joint, tendons and ligaments).The incidence increases with age.
The defeat of periarticular tissues is due to a variety of reasons, including:
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- injury area of the joint;
- occupational exposure, leading to chronic microtrauma;
- congenital features of the structure.
Brachial periarthritis syndrome is characterized by the following symptoms:
- joint pain, aggravated by certain movements, depending on the affected area;
- weakness and atrophy of the shoulder muscles;
- restriction of movements - characterized by varying degrees up to the development of the "frozen joint".
The goals of exercise therapy
Therapeutic gymnastics in the development of humeropyritis is an obligatory component of therapy and its task is to achieve the following:
- prophylaxis of contracture development;
- recovery of strength and muscle tone;
- strengthening of the ligament apparatus;
- improvement of local circulation;
- increase in the volume of movements.
Therapeutic physical training is assigned at the stage of rehabilitation and is conducted under the supervision of a specialist.
Exercises of exercise therapy can be performed in different initial positions:
- lying on the back;
- lying on the stomach;
- sitting on a chair;
- near the gymnastic wall;
- in the standing position.
During the training it is possible to use a variety of subjects:
- gymnastic stick;
- of the ball;
- rubber tape.
There are certain requirements for the exercise of exercise therapy:
- gradual increase in load;
- classes should be regular;
- performing exercises should not cause pain;
- exercises should be performed slowly;
- begins with movements in the distal joints( wrists, wrist and elbow joints), and then move on to shoulder exercises.
Exemplary set of exercises
First, the movements are carried out, lying on the back:
- squeezing-unclenching of fingers;
- movements in the wrist joint( flexion-extension);
- rotation with brushes;
- hands down along the body, inhale them bend at the elbows, bring the brush to the shoulders, on exhalation return to the starting position;
- bring the hands to the shoulders, produce the elbows;
- bring the hands to your shoulders, raise your elbows on your breath, lower them down on exhalation;
- to spread hands, relax, regain breath.
Exercises performed while sitting:
- raising and lowering the hand on the healthy side, then doing the same with the patient with the hand;
- movement shoulders up, down;
- movement shoulders in a circle with the hands down;
- movement in the cervical region - tilts, circular movements.
Exercises in the standing position:
- flapping hands to the sides, forward-back;
- walking, accompanied by sweeping movements of hands.
Complex of exercises Popova
Doctor Peter Popov developed his complex of exercises, which implies the principle of "small movements" - doing stretching, spinning, jiggling. Therapeutic gymnastics is built on simple movements that do not bring the patient any discomfort and pain.
The basic exercises of the complex:
- raise shoulders as much as possible upwards and draw the number eight at first synchronously, then in turn;
- pull the spine, lifting the shoulders up, linger, then lower your shoulders down, again fix the position;
- carry out the movement of the hands "scissors" - on the inspiration to spread hands so that the shoulder blades are connected, on exhalation - to cross;
- take turns to raise your hands up, turning your body towards the raised limb, when you lower your arm down relax the muscles of the shoulder girdle;
- arm bend at the elbow joint, raise, then lower it down and slowly straighten, repeat with the other hand;
- make the lock, stretching his arms forward, perform wavy movements, stretching the muscles of the shoulder and gradually increasing the tempo;
- circular movements by hands, extended forward and connected to the lock;
- put your hands palms down on your knees, tilt the body forward, turning your shoulder to the opposite knee, then straighten up and repeat the exercise with the other shoulder;
- to tilt the body forward, pull the chest to the knees, linger, trying to pull the shoulders to the legs, fix the case in this position, return to the starting position.
After performing each exercise from the main complex, it is recommended to do warm-up movements:
- imitating walking, sitting - legs to be set shoulder width, back straight, to raise and lower the feet, at this time to perform sliding movements along the thigh, inhale - to lower hands to the knees, on exhalation - raise them up;
- is the same walking, in the sitting position, but the arms are made circular movements, from the hip to the knees, and lower, if not disturbed by the pain.
Exercise for relaxation is performed in case when there is a feeling of tension during the main complex:
- in the sitting position, with the arms lowered along the body, the muscles of the shoulder and back relaxed - slow movements of the shoulders up and down, at this time, bend the spine, then slowlystraighten up.
Contraindications to physiotherapy exercises
In the presence of the following conditions of exercise physical therapy contraindicated:
- the presence of circulatory failure from 2 stages and above;
- presence of fever;
- risk of bleeding;
- high blood pressure.
Regular daily performance of the complex of therapeutic gymnastics allows to achieve positive dynamics, to achieve a reduction in pain, to improve the functional state of the joints.
Shoulder bladder periarthritis is a disease caused by inflammation of the tendons and periarticular tissues. If you have a humeroscapular periarthritis set of exercises will give a good effect in the treatment of the disease. The main goal of the exercises is to increase joint mobility, relieve inflammation and reduce its pain syndrome.
When confirming the diagnosis of brachyopathy periarthritis, a complex of joint exercises should be performed, as well as a massage of the upper limb of the shoulder joint and the cervical region in order to prevent possible reflex contracture( or limitation of joint mobility).
Learn more about the symptoms, diagnosis and medication of periarthritis.
Features of medical gymnastics
One of the most effective methods of fighting reflex contracture, along with therapeutic gymnastics are thermal procedures. As a remedy, a warm water bottle or a bag of sand is used.
In the first stage of the procedure, the exercises are performed on a fixed arm using a fixing headscarf and a roller, which should be placed in the armpit.
If pain syndrome is observed before the beginning of the exercise, therapeutic gymnastics should be performed only after taking an anesthetic, as the pain that occurs during the performance of gymnastics can provoke reflex contracture.
At the first stage of medical gymnastics with shoulder-piercing periarthritis, the exercises are performed lying down. Over time, when the pain syndrome decreases, the exercises will need to be combined, performing them sitting and standing.
Exercise for periarthritis of the shoulder joint lying on the back
Exercises on the shoulder joint should be completed with relaxation of the muscles. The number and types of exercises for each patient are selected individually according to the recommendations of the doctor. A typical set of exercises, let's consider below.
Exercise 1. Lying on your back, bend your arms around the elbows and squeeze / unclench your hands. This procedure is recommended to be repeated 10-12 times for 1 minute.
Exercise 2. Lying on your back, bend your arms in the elbows. Hands bend - unbend the wrist joint 4 times. After this procedure, perform a circular rotation clockwise, and counterclockwise 4 times.
Exercise 3. Lying on your back, press your hands against your body. After that, move the palms up and down 6-8 times.
Exercise 4. Lying on your back, bend your arms in the elbows. Spread the forearms out to the sides in such a way as to try to touch the back of the palm of the bed. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times.
Exercise 5. Brush your hands to your shoulders and spread your elbows to the sides in such a way as to achieve their horizontal position. This exercise should be done 3-4 times.
Exercise 6. Lying on the back of the hand should be placed along the trunk. Plant them in the sides until pain appears in the affected joint.
Exercise 7. Lying on your back, place your arms along the trunk and, in turn, raise and lower them. Lift to inhale, lower to exhale. This exercise should be repeated 5-6 times.
Exercise 10. Hands should be spread all over the width of the bed with the palms facing down. Simultaneously, press the palms on the bed for 5 seconds. This procedure should be repeated 5-6 times.
All the above exercises can be done at any time. The number of repetitions and the intensity of therapeutic physical education is determined by the attending physician depending on the patient's condition. With a decrease in the pain syndrome, the above-described curative gymnastics is recommended to be supplemented by another set of exercises sitting on a chair.
Exercises sitting on a chair or standing
Exercise 1. The affected and healthy hand should be alternately lifted up and up and lowered in the same way. When you raise your hand, you inhale, when you exhale. This procedure is recommended to be performed 4 to 5 times. The exercise is done sitting.
Exercise 2. A healthy and large hand should alternately be brought behind the back, so that the palm is at the level of the scapula. Perform no more than 4 times. The exercise is done sitting.
Exercise 3. Sitting on a chair, place your feet on the width of your shoulders. Brushes should be pressed to the shoulders. Alternately, press the elbow against the knee of the opposite leg. Exercise should be done alternately with both hands 5-6 times.
Exercise 4. Sitting on a chair, make the head tilt forward / backward and to the sides with closed eyes. Exercise is recommended to be performed 2 times in each side at a slow pace and with interruptions of 1 second, when the head is in an intermediate position. In case of dizziness, take a break.
Exercise 5. The exercise is performed while standing. Legs shoulder width apart. Perform simultaneously swings the hands, moving them to the right / left. The number of repetitions is 5-6.
In order to increase the mobility in the shoulder joint, it is recommended to fix the hand in a certain position for a while. This procedure should be performed lying on the floor. The affected arm should be straightened at the elbow and set aside to the maximum permissible distance. After that, the hand should be fixed with several bags of sand for 3-5 minutes. As the pain syndrome worsens, the duration of the procedure should be increased.
It should be noted that all exercises for the treatment of humeroparous periarthritis should be performed only under the supervision of the attending physician. As with improper performance, you can not only not make progress, but whether to injure the hand.
When carrying out this exercise, you should always note its duration and the angle to which the hand was drawn. The above indicators should increase with each exercise. This operation should be done daily at the beginning of treatment and twice a day from the time positive results appear. Usually this period is 1-2 weeks. In most cases, the above gymnastics allows you to completely get rid of the pain and stiffness in the shoulder joint area.
Below in the video you can also see a set of exercises for the prevention of humeroparous periarthritis.
What is the set of exercises for shoulder periarthritis? How correctly to be engaged?
The shoulder joint is one of the most flexible and mobile joints in the human body.
This extended range of movements has the reverse side of the coin.
The result of unsuccessful jerks and prolonged intense physical activity is periarthritis.
In addition to classical medical therapy in the treatment of this unpleasant disease it is very important to perform exercises of physiotherapy exercises.
What are these exercises for?
Exercises of curative gymnastics are widely used for the treatment of humeroparous periarthritis.
Performed movements are needed to achieve such goals as: reduction of pain, increased mobility of the joint, strengthening of the muscles-rotators of the shoulder joint and increase of the elasticity of the capsule.
It is important to remember the inadmissibility of self-assignment to a gymnastic complex, this should be done by a specialist.
Gymnastic exercises are usually divided into two periods. First comes the process of relieving pain and relaxing the muscles affected by the disease.
At the end of the first period of , a significant reduction in sharp pains in the shoulder region can be expected.
The second period is spent to restore muscle tone and return the joint to the previous mobility.
There are also actively practicing stretching and relaxation exercises, using various auxiliary items, such as bandages, blocks or gymnastic sticks.Discuss the treatment of atopic dermatitis in infants. We learn useful advice.
You will learn about the benefits of the boron uterus in endometriosis here: http: //medkons.com/ginekologia/ borovaya-matka-pri-endometrioze.html. Take care of your health!
Elementary movements in the course of exercise LFK
Elementary movements of , which are part of the exercises of therapeutic physical training, offered for inpatient treatment of the disease, include contraction and unclenching of the hands, circular movements of the limb around the affected joint, flexion and extension of the limb in the area of the wrist joint. Also included are exercises with pronation and supination of the palm, jerks, lifts and dilutions of hands, touching the fingers of the shoulder or hard surface, circular, rotational movements by the hands of the in the elbow joint area inside and out.
Hands are also fetched behind the back in order to reach the opposite blade with your fingers. Fingers also reach out to the toe of the opposite leg after taking an inclined position.
Exercises for the treatment of periarthritis in the "lying" position
Trying to restore the operability and mobility of the shoulder joint, it is necessary to strive for maximum isolation of the working muscle group. It may be necessary to secure the blade firmly with belts.
For the exercises in the "lying" position, includes the following movements of the :
- In the "lying on the back" position, the arms will need to be bent in the elbows and begin to squeeze and unclench the fingers of the hands in a fist. It is necessary to make about 12 such movements, after which it is easy to shake with brushes;
- Another exercise in the same position is performed by flexing and unbending the limbs in the area of the wrist joint. After 5 repetitions it is necessary to finish the exercise with the rotations of the brushes in and out, 5 turns in each direction;
- Lying on the back, hands should be extended along the body and approximately 8 times to perform first pronation, and then supination of the palms;
- In a position identical to the previous one, it is necessary to bring the brush to the shoulders on the inspiration, and then, exhaling, to return them to their original position, the movement is performed 6-8 times;
- From the position of "lying on the back" hands lead to the forelegs, and then raise the elbows in different directions so that on inhalation they take the horizontal level, and on exhalation - return back to the original position. This movement is also carried out 3-4 times;
- Lying on the back, you need to keep the arms bent at the elbow joints perpendicular to the floor. From this starting position, the arms are bred in different directions so as to touch the back of the palms of the floor or bed surface, perform 3-4 movements;
- Then the brushes lead to the shoulder joints, then on the inhalation the elbows need to be moved forward, and on the exhalation - back, to perform 8 times;
- Lying on the back, you need to stretch your arms along the body, after which the arms are divorced in different directions with simultaneous turning the palms inward and outward. To raise limbs should be before the occurrence of mild pain in the affected arm, after which they must be returned to their original position, this movement is carried out 3-4 times;
- In exactly the same position, you need to raise your hands alternately upwards on inspiration and return them down on exhalation, repeat 4 times.
Exercises for the treatment of periarthritis in the "sitting" and "standing" positions.
Patients with a shoulder-flapper periarthritis can perform therapeutic exercises at any time of the day, and the exercise complex expands as the pain disappears.You can learn about how atopic dermatitis manifests in adults in our material.
On the signs of atherosclerosis of the aorta of the heart, we read in our article.
We learn how to treat the sand in the kidneys here. Useful recommendations of specialists.
The exercises in the "sitting on the chair" position include the following movements:
- The basic starting position - a patient suffering from periarthritis, sits on a chair with a straight back, placing his feet about the width of his shoulders and lowering his relaxed arms. Bending his hands in the elbows at the time of inspiration, you need to perform about 5 flies on exhalation;
- In the starting position, you should alternately lift your arms in front of your body and up, and then lower them, performing 3 swings for each limb;
- Exercise for stretching - sitting on a chair, it is necessary to have one hand behind the plane of the back and stretch it to the opposite shoulder, perform 3 times;
- Holding your hands on your knees, you need to alternately take your hands to the sides and stretch, holding your hand toward yourself, and then return to its original position, this movement is made up to 4 times;
- Hands are leaning against the shoulder joints on inhalation, and on exhalation one should stretch one arm to the knee of the opposing leg with one elbow, for which it is necessary to raise the leg slightly, perform this movement up to 6 times;
- Inhale, bend down and lower the sick arm down, and the healthy, on the contrary, should be pulled upward, to the shoulder, but already on exhalation, 5-6 movements;
- Slow and accurate circular movements by hands inside and out, 7-8 repetitions;
- The head inclinations are carried out in opposite directions, the tempo is slow. It is necessary to try to get an ear to the shoulder, in the intermediate position it is necessary to carry out a second delay, the eyes are closed at the same time. Two nods in each direction;
- We get up and rotate hands in a direction outward, raising them so as to reach a horizontal level. In the starting position, we return, making the rotation in the opposite direction, inside. Then we again rotate outward, pulling the limbs back, and then returning to the starting point, making the rotation outward, each movement is carried out twice;
- Standing, you have to wave your hands, moving them one way or the other, about 7 movements;
- Having relaxed hands, it is necessary to carefully swing forward and back, diverting the hands alternately in opposite directions( one hand goes back, the other at the same time - forward), 8 repetitions.
Video advice fromphysicians Also read the best for the week on the site: If you have questions, leave them below - we will definitely answer you!
Gymnastics for the shoulder joint
Prevention and treatment of the shoulder joint
Folkforum about the spine - http://spinorum.ru