Treatment of flatfoot in adults
Flattening is not just a disease that is not taken into the army. Flattening is a life-threatening disease, consisting in the deformation of the arches of the foot. What is so dangerous platypodia in adults? The fact that with flatfoot suffers from excessive load of the spine and some internal organs. Hence there are various kinds of changes and diseases, at first glance, completely unrelated to the foot.The causes of flatfoot
There are two main types of flatfoot - longitudinal and transverse. Treatment of both transverse and longitudinal flat feet in adults is quite effective, it can be treated even at home. How to correct a flatfoot in an adult or a child will be prompted by a doctor, he will also prescribe the necessary procedures, for example, often with flat feet in adults, prescribe LPC sessions. It is also good for flat feet in adults helping massage.
But in order to know how to treat flat feet in adults, you need to know the causes of this disease. And there can be several:
- narrow and uncomfortable shoes;
- is overweight;
- "standing" work( sellers, shop workers, dentists);
- heredity( 3%);
- trauma to the foot;
- paralysis of the muscles of the foot and lower leg;
- weak muscles and ligaments.
Symptoms of flatfoot in adults:
- with transverse flat feet, the big toe is noticeably deflected to the side, the remaining fingers are arranged in the form of a fan;
- is deformed with longitudinal flat feet of the foot and touches the entire surface with the floor.
By the way, longitudinal flatfoot is more common in adolescents than in adults, for adults a transverse flatfoot is characteristic.
Symptoms of flat feet consist of pain in the foot, worsening with the putting on of shoes, deformation of the foot.
Treatment of flatfoot in adults
How to cure flat feet in an adult, the expert will tell, because he will be able to determine the type of flatfoot, its cause. The doctor, most likely, will send on a roentgen in order to put the correct diagnosis.
Treatment of flat feet is carried out, most often, at home. At a platypodia at adults gymnastics, massage, use of orthopedic footwear is recommended. Gymnastics consists in the rotation of the foot, flexion and extension of the foot, rolling of an object.
Prevention of flatfoot in adults
To prevent this disease, it is enough to conduct preventive procedures that do not require much time and effort from you:
- Be sure to purchase a massage mat, which you can also do yourself. Walk on such a rug a few minutes a day. You can place it near the bed and, waking up, step on it - in conjunction with the prevention of flatfoot you will charge the body with vivacity, because on the feet there are many nerve endings.
- Do not be lazy and do a massage - for this, the foot should be held horizontally with four fingers, and the thumb should massage the surface of the foot. Ideally, this procedure in the morning and evening. Again, you will not only avoid the disease, but also be able to relax your legs after a working day and prepare them for the next.
- Watch for food - the fat people have more chances to earn flat feet. Eat fish, vegetables, cereals. The protein must be in the diet of a person of any age.
Do not treat your health in a way that is tolerable - it would seem that an inoffensive flat foot can do a great harm to your body. If platypodia is diagnosed in a child, be sure to see a doctor - the sooner the treatment begins, the greater problems can be avoided.
Massage with flat feet in children
Massage with flat feet in children
Flattening is the deformation of the foot, which is accompanied by the lowering of its arches - longitudinal or transverse. Frontal lobe is usually diagnosed in children during adolescence, but it can also occur in younger children, it is difficult to detect the presence of deformity until the age of three, because during this period the feet of all children, even healthy ones, are flattened.
Clinic of the disease
When the baby is born, the arch of the foot is filled with a fat layer, which makes the foot itself even. Over time, the interlayer disappears and the correct form of the vault appears.
Causes of flatfoot development in children
Before talking about ways to eliminate flatfoot, you need to understand the causes that can cause it. There are several:
- congenital pathology is the most rare cause of flat feet in children, it accounts for only 3% of the total number of cases;
- prolonged wearing of shoes - numerous studies conducted by medical personnel and doctors of sciences have shown that children who walk often barefoot suffer much less from flat feet than those who are constantly in shoes;
- poor-quality and uncomfortable shoes - the very fact of constant wearing of shoes increases the risk of flat feet, if the shoes are also uncomfortable, the risk increases several times;
- low physical activity - modern children are increasingly changing their walks on the street for a while at the computer monitor. In this regard, the muscles of the foot become weaker, and can not protect it from the load during walking or running. As a consequence - flat feet;
- malnutrition - it is also attributed to factors contributing to the development of flat feet, so it is very important to monitor the full nutrition of the child, enrich it with products containing phosphorus and calcium.
Degrees of flatfoot
After the causes of flatfoot development are listed, you can proceed to the methods of its elimination. It should be noted that the earlier the flat foot is revealed, the more effective will be its treatment.
Therefore, you need to closely monitor the child, be sure to seek the help of a specialist if it is noticed that the toddler is clumsy or makes an emphasis on the inside of the foot while walking - this feature of the gait immediately catches your eye, can not go unnoticed.
Orthopedic insoles are considered one of the most effective ways to combat flatfoot. They are made of elastic material, so do not give the child uncomfortable sensations while walking. Such insoles can be used to prevent flat feet and treat existing deformities.
In the first case, insoles are bought in regular specialized stores, and in the latter case they are made by a qualified orthopedist on the basis of a foot impression or its computer model. Accordingly, the insole used to treat flatfoot, can not be used repeatedly, especially by other children.
Therapeutic physical training
LFK is also considered a very effective way to eliminate flat feet in a child. Exercises are represented by a very wide complex, so they can be selected only by a highly qualified specialist who has the proper education. The complex of exercises includes walking. It is performed on the socks, heels, and the lateral part of the foot.
LFK with flatfoot
There are also many exercises with objects - balls, walking sticks, etc. Regardless of which set of exercises is chosen for a particular child, the task of exercise therapy remains unchanged - strengthening the muscles and ligaments of the foot.
It is known that a person's foot is held in the correct position due to the muscles and ligaments that support it by contraction and elongation under the influence of loads. And if these muscles are relaxed, not strong enough, the arch of the foot begins to deform, flat feet develop.
Accordingly, in order for the foot to have an anatomically correct shape, you need to strengthen its muscles and ligaments, you can do it yourself, doing certain exercises, leading a healthy lifestyle, and also with the help of a massage, which can only be done by qualified specialists.
Based on the above, it is possible to identify the main goals, which can be achieved by massage with flat feet in children: strengthening the muscles;the removal of muscle tension and fatigue, which occurs in the course of a long stay in an upright position;reduction of pain syndrome;restoring the spring functions of the foot.
Also during the professional massage improves lymph and blood circulation, which also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the foot, the whole body.
It should be noted that foot massage is considered one of the most effective methods of preventing flat feet, but no less effective in the complex therapy aimed at its treatment.
As for the method of performing a child's massage, all the manipulations are performed in the position of the child - lying on the back. After some time the child turns over on the stomach - the massage continues.
During manipulations, such techniques as stroking, kneading, rubbing and vibration are used. Particular attention is paid to the muscles of the lower leg and the foot. The rate of massage with flat feet suggests about 15 sessions, depending on the degree of deformation. Massage is performed every other day.
Usually the whole massage procedure is divided into two parts. Initially, a general massage is done before the lesson of therapeutic gymnastics. After completing the exercises for another 5 minutes, it is recommended to do a restorative massage.
Regarding the succession of the therapeutic massage, initially the massage is performed by the massage of the gastrocnemius muscle. Next, the transition to the Achilles tendon, then - to the outside of the shin. After that, a massage is performed, aimed at warming the back of the foot. Next - massage soles.
Massage of the sole
After some time, during which the gastrocnemius massage is performed, the masseur again returns to the foot workout. In this case, depending on the leg area on which the massage is performed, the technique of its implementation and the techniques used differ. Therefore, such manipulations can only be trusted by specialists.
In order for procedures to be effective, the child is recommended to additionally perform physical exercises from the exercise therapy, which are also aimed at strengthening the muscles of the foot. It can be walking on heels and toes, on the back side of the foot, as well as manipulation with balls, rubber pear. In addition, especially useful in this case will be riding a bike, walking barefoot on sand or pebbles.
Many children suffering from flat feet, in combination with massage procedures are recommended to sign for swimming. In this case, the strengthening of the muscles and ligaments of the foot will occur in a shorter period, and the result will become more noticeable.
A child should be provided with high-quality footwear, equipped with an instep support necessary to maintain the inner arch of the foot. Also need to remember - the back of the shoes should be high with lacing.
Only with an integrated approach to fighting flatfoot, treatment will be successful. To correct deformity of the foot in childhood is quite simple, regardless of its degree.
Video - Fetal foot massage in children
How to treat flatfoot at home: exercises and massage |Sarafan
How to treat a flatfoot
The first thing to do is to conduct a thorough examination and get all the accompanying recommendations from a doctor - orthopedist. The earlier preventive and therapeutic sessions are started, the more impressive results can be achieved.
As already mentioned above, it is impossible to completely get rid of flat feet, but using a complex, versatile approach consisting in performing special gymnastics for the foot and physical exercises for the entire musculoskeletal system, massage, revitalizing and muscle strengthening activities, you can support your legs ingood condition.
All these simple procedures can be carried out at home even for an inexperienced person. The massage has a different, positive effect with flat feet. If possible, it can be entrusted to an experienced master who will select the optimal number of sessions required in a particular case.
You can do this procedure yourself, with courses of 10-14 daily sessions, the duration of each of which must be at least 8-12 minutes. It's great if there is someone, even if not a professional masseur, who can help in this situation.
Treatment of flat feet with massage at home
So, the procedures themselves begin with the moistening of the massaged area with special oil or cream.
You can not immediately proceed to deep exposure and the first thing stroking movements is to walk from the gastrocnemius muscle down to the fingers.
After stroking follows: rubbing, kneading and even a slight flicking of the muscles of the lower leg along a similar trajectory from the top down, from the knee to the toes.
All actions are carried out as accurately as possible and should not cause painful sensations. In principle, the technique of foot massage is no different from the usual, classical massage.
Plus, you can use special devices for massaging the feet, in the form of soft, spiked balls, prickly, wooden masseurs, etc.
Exercises in the treatment of flatfoot
An important supplement in the complex approach are flatfoot exercises. This is gymnastics for the feet, which must be done daily.
The easiest option is walking on logs, sand, pebbles, or just barefoot on the ground. In addition to these simple activities, one or two times a day to perform:
- walking alternately on the toes, heels, outside and inside sides of the foot;
- walking with a toe on the heel and vice versa( 30-35 times);
- the rotation of the feet in different directions, with the heel rest on the floor;
- alternate forward attacks;
- flexion and extension of toes;
- rack for 5-10 seconds alternately on the outside and on the inside of the foot;
- holding a small ball between the feet of the up-raised legs-shifting small items with stops from place to place.
Very effective exercises with a stick with flat feet .It will require a small diameter, smooth, meter-long stick. The simplest thing is to put it on the floor and walk straight as a rope, and then - by placing your feet sideways.
In addition, it can be rolled, alternately one or the other leg for two minutes. These procedures not only strengthen muscles well, but also allow you to do a kind of foot massage, which, of course, positively affects the condition of the musculoskeletal system.
Additional assistants in the treatment of flat feet can be physiotherapy, special shoes and insoles. In any case, only timely and correctly organized treatment will help to effectively and permanently get rid of discomfort and painful sensations.The article was prepared for the rubric Health. Authoring LadySarafan.ru
Do you like the article? Share it with your friends and rate it!
How to do a massage with flat feet?
Plane( transverse and longitudinal) are susceptible to many, but this does not mean that this disease can not harm a person. In fact, the whole musculoskeletal system can suffer, because a huge load is placed on the spine and other bones. And how to do foot massage with flat feet?
The use of
To begin with, we list the effects that can be achieved with this procedure:
- First of all, after the session, blood circulation in the lower extremities improves, the blood pours to the feet. All tissues receive the necessary amount of oxygen and nutrients.
- Blood poured into the ligaments, strengthening them( and it is their weakness that is the fundamental moment of this condition).
- With the help of procedures, joints can be developed. The development of articular fluid positively affects their functioning.
- Muscles are also fed, thereby strengthening and starting to work better, which is also important in the described disease.
- With the help of massage, you can even change the position of the arch of the foot and fix it.
- The arch of the foot is strengthened, which prevents further changes and deformations.
- It is believed that on the feet there are many important biologically active points responsible for the work of certain organs, so that procedures will help to strengthen all health in general.
- In addition, lymph drainage will certainly improve, which also positively affects the condition of the feet.
Techniques and Techniques
A flat feet massage for children and adults implies the use of various techniques. Let's list some of them:
- Stroking. It can be flat( the entire surface of the palm of your hand) or wrapped around it. You can also use this method with the help of knuckles of fingers with a fist clenched in the palm of your hand.
- Rubbing. You can produce it with the palm of your hand, with the edge of your hand, with several fingers connected together, their knuckles, pads or one finger. Such a technique implies also different directions: direct, spirally, alternately, tongued.
- You can also knead( ring, ordinary or combined) with finger pads, an edge of the palm or knuckles with a clenched fist.
- Passive flexion and extension( that is, the masseur flexes and unbends his feet or fingers).
- Turns and rotations. Such manipulations need to be performed not abruptly and very carefully, since the ligaments with flat feet are rather weak.
- Smoothing is similar to stroking, but involves a certain pressure on the surface of the limb.
- Vibration includes pinpoint effects: pressing with finger pads, tapping, shaking the feet, patting and so on.
How to do?
Massage is done not only with the use of certain techniques, but also in a certain sequence. For example, you need to use not only the foot and all its parts( ankle, Achilles tendon), but also the shin too, because if you strengthen the muscles of your feet and forget about the lower leg, then there will be practically no effect.
Usually the procedure is carried out in this order:
- Then pass to the Achilles tendon( it is located above the heel).
- Then pass to the outside of the shin.
- Now you can massage the back of your foot.
- Then you can go to the sole.
- Then we switch to the calf muscle
- And we finish the massage by working out the sole.
Now about everything in detail. For you the step-by-step instruction:
- A person should lie on his stomach, it is desirable and even necessary to place rollers under his ankle joints( this can be a twisted towel).
- Massage the gastrocnemius muscle. First, use straight and alternate stroking, then using the methods of beak-shaped or transverse squeezing. Do not forget about rubbing, it is also necessary.
- Now start to work on the Achilles tendon. Use the techniques of spiral, circular and direct grinding. Massage the area with phalanges or fingertips.
- Now the person should lie on his back. The roller moves under the knees. Start to massage the outer side of the shin using first various stroking options, then moving to kneading( they are produced by the edge of the palm, fingers, phalanges and knuckles when the palm is compressed into a fist).In conclusion, use the palm of your hand to squeeze out.
- Go to the back of the foot. With that hand, which is closer to the leg being worked, grasp the foot, and with the further hand, perform all the manipulations. Stroke the entire foot, starting from the fingertips and moving towards the ankle. Spread the gaps between the metatarsal bones with your fingertips. Grate with a thumb pad, and then start rubbing with the edge of the palm.
- Now massage the sole. To do this, first stroke it with the back of the hand. Then, from the fingers to the heel, make a circular grinding first with a thumb pad, then with all your fingers. Then proceed to rectilinear grinding along and across, using a fist or the edge of the palm. Remember the foot slightly.
Some tips for effective massage:
- It is best to seek the help of a specialist. You can start the procedure yourself only after consulting a doctor.
- Massage is contraindicated in skin diseases, as well as acute infections, ailments at the stage of exacerbation and with worsening of general condition.
- The procedure is best performed when the patient is calm, not hungry( but not after eating) and is not overexcited.
- You can use a special massager for flat feet in adults and children. But also consultation of the doctor is required.
- The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes, at least 10 sessions are required.
- It is better to combine massage with gymnastics from flat feet, then the effect will increase.
- Conduct sessions in a ventilated room.
Longitudinal and transverse flatfoot - treatment proskostopiya, prevention, massage, exercise therapy exercise therapy with flatfoot
Continuing the conversation about flatfoot, today we will consider in more detail the transverse flatfoot, as well as methods of treatment and prevention of both transverse and longitudinal flatfoot.
The most unpleasant truth about this disease is that it is almost not treated. The later you start to heal flat feet, the less you will have a chance to get rid of it. Therefore, prevention is the main way to prevent this formidable disease.
Completely get rid of flat feet for adults is impossible, but when it is discovered in childhood, there is still a chance.
In the case of transverse flatfoot, the bones of the foot diverge, which are located in the area of the toes. In this case, the inner part of the big toe is deflected outward and a painful lump is formed. Significant changes occur with the middle finger, it curves to the bottom and looks like a hammer or a hook in appearance.
The transverse flatfoot is subdivided into 3 degrees, which are determined depending on the angle of deviation of the thumb from its normal position when it is directed forward.
- Flattening of the first degree. The thumb is diverted by an angle of not more than 20 degrees. As the bones of the foot "part", when walking in the shoes, the fingers change their normal position and begin to rub themselves more intensely with shoes, they appear uncomfortable thickening of the skin, which is called natoptyshi. In the case of prolonged stress on the legs, walking or standing, at the first degree of transverse flatfoot, the legs begin to get tired more quickly. In addition to these symptoms, the thumb of the thumb begins to bulge sideways, which acquires the soreness
- Platypodia of the second degree. The corncobs continue to grow and increase in size. The arch of the foot in the region of the fingers almost disappears, and the thumb curved inwards by an angle that can be up to 35 degrees. Since the leg is already hard to put on the shoes in the width, the shoes begin to press on the foot from the sides and on the bulging thumb of the thumb starts to form a considerable size of the foot. At this degree of transverse flatfoot there are already considerable pains with prolonged load on the legs.
- Flattened third degree. The big toe has a very significant bend inside the foot( from 35 degrees and above), the foot around the fingers is completely flattened, the other fingers look like a hook bent to the bottom. It is very difficult to walk, painful sensations are noted at any load.
The degrees of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, described in this and the previous article, can be only their combination. In that case, as they say, "it's all very sad."
Having studied the transverse flatfoot a little, it's time to move on to the most important issue of this article, "How to treat flatfoot?"
Fertility prevention and treatment of flatfoot
Plane-foot therapy is divided into 2 main types
The main goals of the treatment of flat feet are primarily aimed at strengthening the muscles and ligaments, because their weakening is the main cause of flatfoot. Since it is impossible to completely heal, especially adults, it is necessary to somehow secure the body, in particular the spine from traumatic influences and prevent, or at least significantly slow the development of this disease.
If possible, conservative flat foot therapy is used, including curative gymnastics, the use of special orthopedic insoles and shoes, massage and other methods. Apply it in cases when the disease is not very neglected and has not reached grade 3.
The third degree of flatfoot, unfortunately, almost does not give in to conservative treatment, and patients are forced to resort to surgical intervention, in which ligaments are cut, the curvature of the thumb is removed and the vaults of the foot are corrected.
About how the platypodia is surgically treated, I will not be widely spread, in practice, at home, surgical methods of treating this disease are not possible. I will dwell on the methods of conservative treatment and prevention with which I am not familiar by hearsay and which are accessible to all and allow either to slow down or completely stop the development of flatfoot.
The main components of conservative treatment and prevention of flatfoot
- Physiotherapy( ASF)
- The use of insteps and orthopedic insoles
The main goal of all measures of conservative treatment is, first of all, preventing the development of the disease and relieving the soreness caused by foot deformation.
Physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot
The goal of exercise therapy with flatfoot is to strengthen weakened ligaments and muscles, to consolidate the results achieved in treatment( including surgical) and thereby prevent the development of the disease. Therapeutic exercise should be practiced every day for at least 10-15 minutes, but it will be better if you do this several times a day. Just want to warn you that exercise therapy is effective only in longitudinal flatfoot, with the transverse influence of it minimally due to the fact that the muscles of the shins, which in this case are trained, have practically no effect on the transverse arch of the foot.
Below I present a small complex exercise exercise therapy with flat feet. Study it, and again, do it daily.
Exercises of exercise therapy with flatfoot
The first 2 exercises are performed while sitting on the floor:
- Tightly connect the straightened legs, so that the heels and knees touch each other. Maximize the leg of your left leg and try to wind the front of your right foot under the soleplate of your right foot. Repeat the exercise by changing your legs.
- The starting position too. Bend the right foot and stroke the lower leg of the left foot with the sole of the right foot, placing emphasis on the inner surface of the foot.
For the next 5 exercises, it is necessary to sit on a chair or sofa
- For a minute, slowly bend the toes of the feet
- For the next exercise, you need a ball. Grab it with the inner surfaces of the feet and lift it up. Repeat several times.
- Take any small object: pen, pencil, finger battery. Grab it with your toes and lift it up. Repeat several times, then change your legs.
- Replace the small object with something soft, such as a sponge and repeat the previous exercise
- Spread the towel on the floor and try to crush it, and then spread it with your toes
Exercises in standing position
- Stand straight, put the feet in parallel and go up on your toes. From this position, smoothly go to the outside of the feet and again take the initial position on the toes of the
- Walk around the room on the outside of the foot, bending the fingers of the
- Walk around the room on tiptoe