The joints of the hands and feet are aching, what should I do? Pain in the joints of the legs and hands: causes and treatment
If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should a person do in such a situation? Of course, the very first thing that comes to mind is to go to the polyclinic to your local therapist, and he will figure out what's what: he will assign tests or send to a specialist. However, many of us know how difficult it is to find time to go to a medical institution, because for this you have to get out of work, then, most likely, sit there in line or prepare a certain amount of money for a visit to a paid medical center.
In general, people have a lot of arguments in favor of self-treatment at home. And it's not so rare that it really helps. Well, in this article you will find several folk recipes that help with joint pain of a different nature, as well as a list of pharmacological drugs specially designed to solve such problems. But first we advise you to take seriously the reading of the next chapter of our narrative.
The Importance of Establishing the Right Diagnosis
Asking every counter-cross: "If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should I do?", People often do not understand that the pains that disturb them can be the initial stage of a serious illness, the development of which can be stopped orslow down at the initial stage, when the destructive processes in the joints have not gone too far.
Carrying out treatment independently with the help of lotions, lapping, poultices, etc., a sick person exposes his health to a lot of risk. After all, home remedies are not at all so safe and can be contraindicated in certain diseases.
Here, for example, there is an opinion that for a quick solution to problems with joints, there is nothing better than warming up. But this is not so! If the disease is accompanied by swelling, acute inflammatory processes occur in the joints, there is a local increase in temperature, then the effect of heat on the problem area can only aggravate the situation. If the joints of the hands and feet ache, the causes, symptoms, treatment regimens should first of all be discussed with specialists( rheumatologist, orthopedist or traumatologist).
We are not going to crack folk remedies here: they can be a great help in fighting various diseases, but only after the doctor has correctly diagnosed and gives advice on what can bring benefits to the joints and what will cause harm.
Different causes of articular pain
Why joint pains and what to do in these cases, it will be much easier to understand if you know about the causes of aches and pains in the extremities and the limitation of their motor functions. Here are a number of the most common joint diseases:
1. Rheumatoid arthritis. Chronic disease, in which inflammatory processes in connective tissues are observed. Characteristic symptoms accompanying arthritis:
- Pain sensations in one or more joints increase gradually, within one to two weeks, or may occur suddenly. At rest, pain intensifies, especially in the morning.
- Rheumatoid arthritis can be affected as large joints of the hands and feet( wrist, ankle, elbow, knee), and small joints of the feet and brushes. Inflammation of one joint is called monoarthritis, several - polyarthritis.
- One of the symptoms of the disease in question is the limitation of limb movements during the first hours after the morning awakening.
- The disease is accompanied by a marked increase in joints, redness of the skin in the problem area and an increase in its sensitivity.
2. Rheumatism. This chronic disease gradually affects all organs( heart, kidneys, lymphatic system, etc.), including joints. The process can last for many years. It is very important to begin treatment as early as possible. One of the most characteristic signs of beginning rheumatism is joint pain, arising periodically, sometimes accompanied by fever and edema.
3. Osteoarthritis. The disease associated with degenerative dystrophic changes occurring in the cartilage, with the gradual involvement of bone, ligament, synovial tissues in the pathological process. Arthrosis of knee, hip and elbow joints is most common. Main symptoms:
- the main symptom is the pain that occurs when moving or loading a patient's joint;
- gradual limitation of mobility. If the disease does not begin to be treated on time, then the process can quickly progress, which eventually leads to disability.
4. Injuries, bruises, physical overload of joints.
5. Gout is one of the varieties of arthritis.
Joints of hands and feet hurt: what to do?
Let's outline the basic steps that need to be taken consistently in case of articular pain:
1. Before finding out the causes of pain, we must try to provide joints peace.
2. Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug( a list of such drugs is published in our article below).
3. Contact for clarification of the reasons for the pain in the medical institution.
4. Get detailed advice from the doctor regarding the treatment regimen and the medications you need to consume, as well as consult about folk methods of treatment if you are going to apply them.
Treatment of arthritis
Arthritis is most often severe pain in the joints of the hands. What to do in this situation? The patient should understand that the treatment will require a number of complex measures. After all, you need not only to remove the symptomatic pain, but also to slow down the inflammatory process, restore normal blood flow to the affected tissues and cartilage, etc. For this, the doctor can prescribe, in addition to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also the use of antibiotics. We in the framework of this article can bring one excellent recipe from traditional medicine.
With arthritis, honey-cabbage compress helps very well. Do it before bedtime. It is necessary to take a fresh cabbage leaf, heat it, apply a thin layer of honey and apply the smeared side to the sore spot. The top is covered with cellophane, bandaged and wrapped with a warm kerchief made of wool. In the morning the patient will certainly feel relief.
The role of proper nutrition
The joints of the legs and arms often ache due to metabolic disorders in the body. Gout disease is one of the types of arthritis, a frequent companion of modern people, especially it torments the stronger sex. Probably everyone heard of this term: "the deposition of salts in the joints."Some people read that it's all about ordinary table salt, but it's not.
With gout in joints, salts of uric acid are deposited, but this is due to the constant intake of meat, fatty fish and alcohol. Smoking also contributes to the development of the pathological process. If the joints of the fingers and toes are strongly swollen and aching, then, perhaps, discomfort is indicative of gout.
This disease is easier to prevent than cure. The main recommendation for disease prevention is proper nutrition. Nothing complicated: you need to enter into your diet more vegetables, cereals from whole grains, fruits, cottage cheese and give up tobacco and alcohol libations.
Osteoarthritis. Treatment of
Today, quite a lot of people complain that their joints are hurting the arms and legs. What if the pain is caused by arthrosis? Here, too, most likely, not to do without NSAIDs: they will help to quickly alleviate the anguish. Consultation with a doctor is mandatory. It will be necessary to make an x-ray picture - it will help the doctor to determine the degree of destruction of the joints.
In the treatment of arthrosis, along with anti-inflammatory drugs, an important role is played by the use of chondroprotectors( substances that repair articular cartilage)."Artra", "Chondroitin sulfate", "Hondrolone", "Teraflex", "Structum", etc. can be prescribed.
A good alternative natural chondroprotector is a regular gelatin that can be purchased in stores. This product should be diluted in warm water and drunk several times a day. And even for the fastest restoration of cartilage, it is recommended to cook domestic jelly or jelly more often, it also contains in large quantities natural substances from which the cartilaginous tissue is built.
Several times when we mention in our article the question "what to do if the joints of the hands and feet hurt," they wrote that pain and inflammation are good for removing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, abbreviated as NSAIDs. In the treatment of joints, ointments from this group are very effective. Here is a small list of similar medicines:
- "Voltaren gel", etc.
With severe pain, you can not limit yourself to external ointments and take highly effective NSAIDs in the form of tablets or powders:
- "Упсарин УПСА", etc.
In case of not suffering painful articular pains, the physician may consider it necessary to pass the patient to any physical procedures:
- phonophoresis or electrophoresis;
- UV irradiation;
- transcutaneous electrostimulation;
- paraffin baths and applications, etc.
Treatment of joints with ointments prepared according to folk recipes
We continue to consider the main topic of the article: "What if the joints hurt?"Treatment with ointments prepared independently can be an excellent addition to the procedures prescribed by the doctor. What is this money and how to do it?
1. Ointment for rheumatism. To make it, you need 100 grams of mustard powder and 200 g of table salt, which you need to mix with each other, and then add so much kerosene to the resulting mustard-salt mixture to get a mass similar in its density to the country sour cream. The medicine is rubbed into the night for sore spots.
2. Ointment for arthritis from honey and egg yolks. Take the yolk of the egg, a bar of beeswax( small) and 1 tbsp.l.honey. First, the yolk is heated in a water bath, into which the wax is then crumbled and honey is poured in. Everything is mixed to make a homogeneous ointment. For the application, a piece of gauze folded in several layers is taken, a hot mass is laid on it, and in this form the drug is applied to the joint and properly fixed with a bandage.
3. Ointment for the treatment of joints with arthrosis. Take in equal shares the leaves of the nettle, juniper berries( green) and sheep butter. Berries and leaves are well ground in a mortar and then combined with oil. Ready ointment should be rubbed into the joints in the mornings and evenings.
Treatment with activated carbon
There is a simple but effective way to treat joints with gout. This requires activated carbon. From this remedy you will need to make a paste. This is done as follows: tablets from several packets of coal are ground into a powder, which is added a little water and 1 tbsp.a spoon of chopped flaxseed. After thorough mixing, the paste smears a sick joint for the night, after which it is bandaged and wrapped up warmer until the morning.
Here is another excellent folk method of healing, if the joints of the legs and arms hurt. Causes and treatment of many diseases we have already discussed and found out that different diseases and treatment should be different. But there is a recipe that is almost universal: compresses, baths, clay wraps that can be used for arthrosis, arthritis, and rheumatic pain. Clay perfectly soothes pain, relieves inflammation and swelling, sucks toxins out of the body, etc.
Physical training and sport: benefit or harm for joints
Those who are too keen on sports loads often suffer from joint pain. What if the knees and ankles ache after long exhausting runs that seem to take place in the name of health? For a start, revise your lifestyle. Any excesses are harmful - this statement can be attributed to sports.
In order to relieve yourself of the feeling of constant discomfort in the area of the joints of the legs, sometimes a person can just reduce physical activity. For jogging, jogging or walking( for older people), morning exercises, yoga, swimming is good. Of all these joints are unlikely to get sick. On the contrary, such physical education will fill them with strength and endurance.
We hope that the information provided in the article will help those who have joints in the arms and legs. Diseases and methods of treatment, folk recipes and a list of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - all of these materials were carefully studied before and then placed on public display. Use this information on health, and let your joints always be normal!
What should I do when my joints hurt?
Joint pain in the joints of the legs and other joints is one of the common complaints not only of people of the older age group. They often disturb young, physically healthy persons and even children. At first glance, there is nothing unusual in this symptom, as almost every person has to feel joint pain. But is this really so?. . This article is devoted to the main aspects of joint pain, drawing a line between regular and pathological articular pain, and also methods of fighting it.
It all depends on the cause. ..
Pain is the first alarm about the presence of problems in the body. Speaking about joint pain, one must understand that the originator of its appearance can be a number of pathological conditions. Their treatment can differ significantly, which depends on the localization of the pathological process, its stage, time and causes, previous treatment, individual features of the functioning of the whole organism and associated diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the causal disease or the mechanism of the occurrence of pain before doing something and doing it for the treatment of pain in the joints.
It's important to remember! Clarifying the cause of joint pain is the first step towards successful treatment. At the first stage of treatment, it is sufficient to determine the mechanism for triggering pain impulses( inflammation, destruction, or traumatic damage to the joint structures).In the future, it is necessary to find out a specific disease and purposeful therapy is prescribed!
In the role of the culprit of pain in the joints may be:
- Inflammatory processes of the components of the joints: arthritis and poltartritis of any location and origin( reactive, posttraumatic, rheumatoid, rheumatic, gouty, infectious);
- Degenerative-dystrophic changes - premature loss of intraarticular cartilage of normal characteristics in osteoarthritis, which sooner or later becomes deforming;
- Traumatic injuries of intraarticular and periarticular structures: bruises, fractures, hemarthroses, sprains and ruptures of ligaments, muscles, tendons, osteoepiphiseolysis( marginal detachment of bony projections to which the muscles in the joint region are attached);
- Inflammatory-degenerative changes of periarticular structures: periarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, epicondylitis, osteomyelitis;
- Secondary joint damage in diseases of various internal organs and systems: leukemia, systemic diseases( scleroderma, lupus, thrombocytopenia), intoxication and poisoning.
In fact, articular pain can be the only signal of pathology, caused not only by damage to structures of painful articulation, but also closely located and distant tissues. Therefore, if the pain is of an intense nature and persists for a long time, there should be no attempt at self-treatment. It is necessary to consult a specialist. Chronic correctable pain, the cause of which is clearly known, can be treated independently. But to prevent the progression of pathology, which is their cause, it is desirable to coordinate the treatment with a doctor.
Basics of joint pain
Treatment tactic is identical if joint pains occur against the background of complete well-being and the most probable cause is not known, or are evidence of another exacerbation of the existing pathology. Such patients with the inability to visit a specialist on a timely basis should know the principles of undifferentiated medical tactics. They include:
- Gentle mode. Affected joints should remain in a state of functional rest. This goal can be achieved with the help of different types of immobilization: hard bandages( Scotchkite, gypsum) and soft elastic compressive devices( bandages, orthoses).
- Cold impacts. They are indicated for acutely arisen joint pains, caused by trauma. Chronic degenerative processes, and even more so arthritis, are a contraindication for cold treatment.
- Thermal procedures. One of the main and favorite methods of treatment of joints, which are long hurting. The only restriction for its use is purulent arthritis or the initial stages of acute inflammatory diseases, the early post-traumatic period. Anesthetics. Are shown, if only the joints began to hurt, or hurt for a long time any joints. But the appointment of analgesics requires a competent approach and differentiated use.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. The administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of injections or their use in oral forms( tablets, capsules, powders) is indicated in all cases of joint pain. These drugs, in addition to the anti-inflammatory effect, have a powerful enough analgesic. If it is necessary to intensify the relief of inflammatory reactions, glucocorticoids are indicated.
- Use of ointments( gels) based on NSAIDs and chondroprotectors. As an independent method of treatment, it has minimal effectiveness. In combination with other components of the treatment complex provide a good result.
- Local manipulation on the joints. The use of intraarticular and periarticular injections of anti-inflammatory drugs according to indications always brings a positive therapeutic effect. This manipulation is most indicated for pain in large joints.
- Use of chondroprotectors( teraflex, syngial, noltrex, moveks, arthron).Preparations to strengthen articular cartilage have a positive restorative, but not analgesic effect. Due to their high cost, they should be prescribed strictly according to indications, which are chronic inflammatory-degenerative diseases of the joints alone.
- Treatment with folk remedies. As an independent method is effective for minor pathological changes in tissues. Therefore, to do on it the main emphasis in the treatment of joint pain is not worth it. Rational use of traditional medicine means their inclusion in the composition of therapeutic measures as an auxiliary method. This is especially true in patients with chronic joint diseases, requiring systematic administration of medications.
It's important to remember! The basis for a differentiated choice of a curative program with this or that type of joint pain is not only the type of pathological process, but also its localization!
How to deal with joint damage
If the patient has joints of the hands( fingers and wrists) on one or both sides, this is often a sign of polyarthritis. It can have different origins( rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc.).In any case, such a complaint is the reason for seeking specialized medical care. All that is advisable at the prehospital stage is the administration of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs( ketans, dexalgin, diclofenac, movalis, ibuprofen).
Basics of Elbow Pain Treatment
Conditions in which elbow joints hurt can be associated with acute and chronic ulnar arthritis, bursitis, epicondylitis, posttraumatic arthrosis. To exclude severe pathology, it is best to perform an X-ray study, on the basis of which further therapeutic tactics are formed. The undifferentiated approach assumes immobilization and introduction of NSAIDs. With epicondylitis and bursitis, local therapy is performed by injecting glucocorticoids( hydrocortisone, diprospan) into painful points in the joint region. Suppurated inflammation of the joints of the elbows presupposes surgical treatment in the amount of opening and draining of the abscess.
Fixation of the diseased joint - the basis of the undifferentiated treatment of joint pain
What is said by the shoulder joint pain, and how to be
The joint of the shoulder, formed by the connection of the head of the humerus and the articular cavity of the scapula, is the most mobile. In this regard, there are many auxiliary structures around it that facilitate the execution of movements. Pain in the shoulder joint is most often due to periarthritis, which involves certain elements of the capsular-ligament apparatus in the inflammatory process. The second most frequent cause is the consequences of chronic trauma( dislocations, fractures) and osteoarthritis. Therefore, the correct medical tactics involves resting the joint, the introduction of anti-inflammatory and analgesics, physiotherapy( UHF, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, shock wave therapy).Due to the large volume of articulation of the shoulder, it is possible to perform intra-articular injection of chondroprotectors( syngial, naltrex) and periarticular injections of glucocorticoids.
Pain in ankle and joints of feetWe advise you to read: Why do the ankles hurt?
The defeat of the joints of the foot( interphalangeal, metatarsophalangeal and tarsus) is evidence of polyarthritis. Most often it is caused by gouty inflammation. The diagnosis must be specified. Such patients are shown the administration of NSAIDs( indomethacin, ibuprofen, nimesil), compresses based on dimexide( 1: 3).Do not neglect the examination and targeted specialized treatment, as this will lead to the progression of the underlying disease.
Ankle joint more often hurts as a result of injuries( fresh and chronic), as well as deforming osteoarthritis. A little less pain is provoked by various types of polyarthritis. The principles of treatment of ankle diseases assume its immobilization, physiotherapeutic procedures and dimexide compresses, systemic( tablets and injections) administration of anti-inflammatory drugs. X-rays must be performed to exclude traumatic injuries to the ankles and intra-articular fractures.
Tactics for pain in the knee joints
Among all joints of the musculoskeletal system, knee joints often hurt. The main cause of their defeat is osteoarthritis. On the second place there are old traumatic ruptures of menisci and ligaments. Arthritis is a little less frequent. In view of this morbidity structure, treatment at the first stage of medical care should be based on the principles of adequate immobilization( best with the help of knee pads and orthoses), the introduction of anti-inflammatory drugs, intra-articular manipulation( injections of glucocorticoids and chondroprotectors).To some patients, only arthroscopic surgical treatment and endoprosthetics can help. As an additional method, physiotherapy is used.
Knee joint is one of the most common sources of pain
Treatment of hip pain
The hip joint is a large joint with a relatively small articular cavity. Therefore, in the treatment of his pathology, intraarticular manipulations are rarely used. The most common cause of pain is arthrosis-arthritis. Treatment should be comprehensive. It is appointed exclusively by a specialist and may include NSAIDs, thermal procedures, exercise therapy, chondroprotective therapy. Decompensated cases of osteoarthritis require surgical treatment in the volume of endoprosthetics( replacing a pathologically altered joint with an artificial prosthesis).
It's important to remember! The longer and more painful joints( or one joint), the more pronounced it pathological changes. Therefore, you should not try to get rid of the pain yourself. Only timely correct treatment will help to maintain joint health!
If the joints of the fingers are aching: what to do
Our time is different because a number of diseases that belong to the age group are being harassed by the younger generation. More and more often you can hear from girls and guys under the age of 30 that they have joint pains in their fingers. There are many reasons for this. If you are faced with such a problem, try not to delay or postpone it, and take the necessary measures as soon as possible.
The main causes of pain in the joints of the fingers
Pain can occur due to mechanical damage: sprain of the ligaments or periarticular muscles, fractures, bone dislocation, etc. Joints can occur in women during hormonal disorders. A weakened immune system, heredity, metabolic disorders can become the environment in which diseases occur with pain in the joints of the fingers and toes. Joints are very often ache due to the course of the inflammatory process in the body.
There are several diseases that provoke pain syndrome in this area:
- rheumatoid, infectious and psoriatic arthritis;
Each of these diseases can occur with pain of one or another intensity. It all depends on the degree of the disease. In this case, the disease can affect the area of the fingers, legs, spine.
Inflamed cartilaginous tissue causes deformation of joints and leads to curvature of fingers
Gout most often affects the feet of a person, but the pain in the joints of the fingers is also felt. The pain in this disease is burning, intense. Movement of the thumbs of the hands or feet( most often they suffer) are almost impossible. Pain in the joints can be felt even at night.
Osteoarthritis also hurts joints. In addition, subcutaneous nodules can form. Together with the edema they contribute to the development of deformation of the fingers.
Ligamentitis is associated with inflammation of the periarticular tissues. The ring-shaped ligament thickens and loses its elasticity. On the basis of the disease, pain occurs when the fingers are flexed or flexed.
In psoriatic arthritis, tissues become inflamed. Pain in the joints of the fingers and toes is accompanied by swelling, redness. Flexion in the joints is quite difficult.
When rheumatoid arthritis affects the small joints of the hands and feet. Pain in the joints of the fingers is accompanied by stiffness of movements. In this pathology, the joint of the index finger of the hand and the big toe are most often affected.
As it turned out, the pain in the joints of the fingers of the upper and lower extremities can differ in the etiology: it all depends on what disease it causes. What if the joints of the fingers or toes hurt? Act: any disease can be overcome if action is taken on time.
To treat joints of fingers, the causes of which are not clear, it will be meaningless. Before dealing with any disease, it is necessary to establish its diagnosis accurately. This is best done by a rheumatologist or surgeon.
Most often, medical professionals in the choice of treatment methods operate according to a certain scheme:
- Testing. If, as a result, the patient determines a high level of uric acid in the blood, he will be prescribed drugs that reduce this figure.
- Purpose of anesthetics and those that contribute to the restoration of cartilage tissue, chondroprotectors.
- Massage of hands and feet, as well as the spine.
- Purpose of the diet.
This is an approximate scheme of work. Its correction depends on what kind of diagnosis provokes pain in the joints of the fingers and toes, what stage the disease has. It is likely that surgical intervention will be recommended. You can resort to a sanatorium-resort method of treatment of the musculoskeletal system. Any treatment will give the best result if it is comprehensive and will be conducted under the supervision of specialists. Be sure to use this option at a convenient time for you.
Nutrition for supporting the body in a satisfactory state
There are a lot of microelements in human bones: calcium, potassium, silicon, manganese, phosphorus, zinc. Food is the main source of their entry into the body. If your diet contains foods with a low content of the above micronutrients, this can lead to the bone becoming thin and fragile.
Dairy products are an excellent source of calcium. Parsley, almonds, leafy cabbage also not inferior to the content of this trace element. Potassium is rich in black currant, prunes, raisins, apricots, potatoes, tomatoes, parsley, cocoa. Zinc is found in such products: onions, egg yolks, oysters, oat flakes. Beans, peas, raspberries, rye bread are rich in manganese. Pumpkin seeds, nuts, rice, buckwheat, peas, beans and lentils will fill the magnesium deficit.
Try to use a cold, because when it is cooked in the broth, collagen forms, which favorably affects the strengthening of bone tissue, tendons, cartilage.Drink plenty of water. It is desirable that it be mineral, since it is rich in essential microelements. Please note that it must be non-carbonated.
Keep track of the weight, because if it is excessive, it will create pressure on the pelvis, feet, knees. This can lead to deformation or thinning of the cartilaginous tissue. The food should be balanced.
Unconventional ways to solve the
problem When joints hurt, most often folk medicine uses honey, lard, salt, mustard and other products. These funds, unlike most medications, are affordable. Compresses are made from them. Compress, for example, can be imposed only on the aching joint of the index finger, which will remove puffiness or redness on this place.
You can also alleviate pain with the help of tinctures. The basis for them can serve as lilac petals. Nettle juice is good for gout.
Treatment of finger joints with nontraditional methods gives a short-lived effect, the affected joints are only partially released from pain syndrome, swelling, redness. Solve the problem this method can only at an early stage of the disease. If you start the situation, continue to be treated only by popular methods and do not go to doctors, you can get a number of troubles: the hand is deformed, the muscles can atrophy. It is important to remember: folk methods will be a good addition to drug treatment.
Take care of your health from a young age. Act according to the rule: the best treatment is prevention.
Exercises that help maintain the musculoskeletal system in good condition are simple enough and do not require much time. A few minutes a day can give you old age without disease. Remember: the answer to the question of why the joints of the fingers or toes hurt, and what to do about it, in the first place should worry you. Trust the doctor, but also keep the situation under control. How to treat joints, in what way - you decide only yourself.
Causes and treatment of pain in the joints of the feetPain in the joints of the feet is not only a symptom that delivers a lot of discomfort to the patient, but also a possible sign of many serious diseases that can not be left untreated. Therefore, when unpleasant painful sensations occur in the lower extremities, you should consult a doctor, take a survey and determine the cause of pain in your legs.
In the lower extremities of a person, large joints( hip, knee, ankle) and small ones are located that are located in the foot. Normally, all these formations function absolutely painlessly, but with the development of the slightest inflammatory or degenerative processes, pain, restriction of movements and other pathological symptoms appear.
What kind of diseases hurt the joints of the legs?
In older people, the most common cause of joint pain is arthrosis. This disease is characterized by the gradual development of dystrophic changes in large joints( knee, hip, ankle).Pain in this pathology has its own peculiarities - it decreases after rest, increases after physical exertion, prolonged standing and can disturb a person for weeks. The danger of this disease lies in the fact that degenerative processes lead to deformation of the joint and complete or partial disruption of its functioning.
The second most common cause of joint pain is arthritis( rheumatoid, infectious, post-traumatic, reactive).Infectious and reactive arthritis develop after viral and bacterial infections, with chlamydia, mycoplasmosis;Rheumatoid arthritis is a consequence of autoimmune processes. All these diseases combine presence in the affected joint and surrounding tissues of pronounced inflammation and, accordingly, pain.
In rheumatoid arthritis symmetrical joints are affected and, as a rule, several groups at once - on the hands and feet. In this articular pain has its own characteristics - it usually manifests itself in the morning and decreases after "pacing".In addition to pain, patients with arthritis note reddening and swelling of the skin above the affected area of the lower limb.
Painful joints are also characteristic of rheumatism. This disease often develops in childhood, after suffering streptococcal diseases. Pain in the joints with rheumatism is not permanent, that is, today the knee can hurt, tomorrow the ankle, etc. In parallel with the lesion of the joint, serious pathological changes occur in the heart, they are the most dangerous for the patient's health, which once again confirms the inadmissibility of irresponsible treatment of joint pain.
If the joints of the foot ache greatly, especially in the area of the thumb, and also the ankle joint, the patient may have gout. In this disease in the joints, urate crystals are deposited, which leads to inflammation of the tissues and the development of intense pain. This pathology is inherited, and its aggravation occurs after consuming alcohol and meat in large quantities.
In addition to the described ailments, knee and hip joints are characterized by their specific diseases, in which intense pain in the leg develops. For example, diseases associated with knee joint damage are a patellar dislocation, the formation of a "joint mouse", meniscopathy, chondromatosis and others. Well, in the hip joint can develop necrosis of the head of the hip, syndrome of the clicking hip.
Other causes of pain in the legs
In addition to the diseases described above, pain in the joints of the legs can occur in the following cases:
- after recent physical labor;
- after injury;
- due to sprain;
- for bursitis( inflammation of the periarticular capsule);
- when the nerve is trapped;
- for tumors of bones and joints;
- in healthy children, when they are actively growing( the so-called "pain of growth");
- during pregnancy.
What should I do if my leg joints hurt?
If joints hurt, doctors can not do without consulting a doctor, since it is very difficult to determine the cause of this condition on their own.
To identify the true cause of joint pain, various instrumental and laboratory studies are needed. For example, radiography, rheumatography, joint ultrasound, etc. It is very difficult to completely cure joint diseases, but it is quite realistic to stop the progression of the pathological process with the help of a comprehensive treatment prescribed by a doctor.
If the onset of pain is preceded by a trauma, you should immediately contact a traumatologist, in other cases you can consult a therapist or a rheumatologist, there are also more narrow specialists - arthrology, but they can not be found in all clinics and hospitals.
Treatment of pain in the joints of the legs
The best way to eliminate joint pain is to influence its cause, that is, to carry out pathogenetic treatment of a specific joint disease. It should be noted that the use of only symptomatic therapy gives the result, but a short-term one. In addition, such therapy can not stop the progression of the pathological process. Therefore, with gout, the patient must prescribe drugs that reduce the concentration of uric acid in the blood, and colchicine;with rheumatoid arthritis shows drugs with immunosuppressive action, hormones;with arthrosis - chondroprotectors, physiotherapy, physiotherapy after the reduction of acute symptoms, etc.
If to speak about concrete actions of the person at occurrence at it pains in joints of feet to them carry following measures:
- Obligatory rest for the sick joint.
- Fixation of the limb, for example, with a flexible bandage.
- Application of anesthetics to the joint. An ointment containing a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory component, for example diclofenac, ibuprofen, can be used.
- Use of anesthetics inside. It should be taken into account that tablets containing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory components have a number of side effects, in particular they have a bad effect on the gastrointestinal tract, therefore their use should not be uncontrolled.
Treatment with folk remedies
In folk medicine, there are also a variety of methods that help reduce joint pain. Here are some of them:
- Bandaging the joint with a handkerchief made from natural wool or dressing, for example, on the knee of knee pads from sheep's wool. Melt the affected joint with melted fat.
- Application of means on the basis of vivacity and sabelnik marsh. Ready-made ointments from these plants can be found in the pharmacy.
- Rubbing joints with lilac tincture( cooking: a large glass of flowers pour a bottle of vodka and insist a few weeks).
- Compress with grated horseradish.
- Rubbing with Kalanchoe tincture.
It should be noted that the use of the described folk remedies does not cancel the medication or other traditional treatment of the disease that caused joint pain.
why the joints of the hands hurt, and how to prevent them.
Caffeine, iodine, valerian, analgin for joint pain:
Ingredients - 1 bottle of triple cologne, 1 bottle of iodine, 1 vial of valerian, 6 tablets of analgin( crushed).All combine, put for 5 days in a dark place. Rub a sick joint for the night and wrap it.
Treatment of joints with wine from elecampane:
The recipe for traditional medicine is wine from elecampane. In a 5-liter jar pour a full handful of crushed root elecampane, add 100-120 g of yeast and 0.5 liters of honey. Then pour all this with chilled boiled water, cover the jar with a lid and, tying it with a dense cloth, put it in a warm place for two weeks( but not with the battery).When the fermentation is over, the wine must be filtered and placed in the refrigerator. Drink 50 g 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
Treatment of joints with bay leaf:
Rinse 50 g of bay leaf, rinse with cold water. Put the leaves in a small enamel saucepan, pour 250 grams of cold water. Pour pan on a small fire and boil. Drain the liquid and pour into 4 equal parts, for example, in glasses.
Drink 1 glass a day, in small sips, do not swallow at once, and suck, like a candy, and then swallow. Drink 4 days at a time at any time of the day, but the glass should be stretched for a whole day. It is possible before meals, and after. The second course should be repeated after 1-1.5 years.
thunderstorm will mean if the
whine has joint pills, are sold in the sports nutrition store.
1. Joints can get sick for a variety of reasons - from trauma to autoimmune disease. Do not delay the visit to the doctor, because the sooner the correct diagnosis is made and the treatment is prescribed, the higher the chance not to start the disease.
2. Many people treat sick and deformed joints with "grandmother's" means - from nettles to manure, or smear all ointments that come to hand from armpit - from the final to the snake venom. So you can not only not improve your condition, but also aggravate it.
3. Joints should not be warmed up - if the disease develops actively in them, it can speed up the process.
4. Do not trust the advertising of "miracle" means from joint diseases - most often behind such advertisements are hidden biological additives to food, which are not medicines.
5. It is possible to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis only after a complete examination, including a blood test for antibodies.
Great ones also suffered
Christopher Columbus died, having returned from his fourth voyage to America. The cause of his death is still a mystery to historians. It is known that he was tormented by fevers and bleeding from the eyes. He suffered from reactive arthritis, according to modern researchers from the medical school in Houston( Texas).
There is reason to believe that the same disease suffered Alexander the Great, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Edgar Allan Poe.
Artist-impressionist Auguste Renoir suffered from severe rheumatoid arthritis. In 62 years, the legs and hands of the artist even broke the paralysis, but Renoir did not give up and continued drawing, tying the brush to his hand. Occupations favorite business helped him to maintain optimism and not to lose the presence of the spirit until the very last days of life.
The famous Soviet figure skater Yelena Vodorezova at the age of 15 was forced to leave the big sport for three years because of a disease that the doctors defined as juvenile( adolescent) arthritis. After two years of active treatment, Lena again performed at the European and world championships, where she won prizes, but in 1984 she was forced to go to coaching for health reasons.
on the wall
Sudden sharp pain in the fingers, wrist, elbow, knee is familiar, alas, to many. Fingers or an arm, or a leg or foot "twists", "burns" and "lomit" so, that any anesthetic medicine does not help or assist. This situation is familiar to every hundred Russians - this is the statistics of the disease, which is called "rheumatoid arthritis."The nature of its occurrence is still a mystery for medicine. But science still found an effective method of treating burning joints. About real experience doctors told at the international congress in Basel, where the correspondent of "Week" visited.
Cabbage will not help
In our villages, grandmothers are still applying cabbage leaves or burdock to diseased joints. Partly also because the pain and deformity of the joints are considered to be an inevitable companion of old age. But rheumatoid arthritis begins, as a rule, at the most able-bodied age - from 25 to 50 years. Women are 3-5 times more likely than men. But we often prefer to manage "home" means, and not every polyclinic has a rheumatologist. That is why far not always in a polyclinic at once can put the true diagnosis and, accordingly, appoint the necessary treatment.
- As a rule, because of this disease, many do not finish the retirement for 10-15 years and are forced to leave work on disability, - said the director of the Moscow Institute of Rheumatology, Professor Evgeny Nasonov.- Although modern medicine can already offer effective methods of treatment.
Rheumatoid arthritis is classified as an autoimmune disease. So called diseases in which some organs become targets for protective cells-antibodies, which the body produces. They are designed to recognize aliens - bacteria, viruses, tumor cells - and destroy them, but in one clearly not perfect moment they suddenly attack their own completely benign cells. Until now, scientists do not know the exact reasons for this attack. It is believed that a certain role is played here by heredity, individual viruses, stresses and even. ..Sun rays.
The first impact of rheumatoid arthritis takes the joints of the fingers and toes, knees, elbows. Joints burn from the inside, then begin to deform, around them there is swelling and often even redness. Applying the palm to the inflamed joint, one can feel that the temperature of the soft tissues around is clearly increased. If the joints of the toes are affected, they begin to deform, are curved in the most bizarre way( doctors describe these curvatures with the terms "swan neck" or "buttonhole"), become shorter. In the mornings or after a long static posture in the affected joints, a stiffness appears, which does not pass for a long time. Under the skin, small seals are formed in the patients - the so-called rheumatoid nodules. Insidious disease in the meantime continues to attack the body, attacking the heart, liver, kidneys.
Aspirin, hormones or bioagents?
To treat rheumatoid arthritis have learned only in the 30s of last century. First, anesthetic and anti-inflammatory drugs - but they only alleviate the symptoms and also have unpleasant side effects. Then in the arsenal of doctors-rheumatologists there were hormonal preparations that effectively removed the pain, but "pierced" the immune system. Any cold could become deadly dangerous for patients. In the arsenal of doctors were even gold preparations, making the treatment truly "golden", but not promising a full cause
It is better to consult a specialist for advice. Consultation specialist will go in your favor.
Find the best doctor and make an appointment can be at a very convenient service http: //docdoc.ru/? Pid = 5355 And most importantly without queues! Do not forget to choose your region in which you live!