Effective curative gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Joint destruction occurs due to depletion of cartilaginous tissue in it and traumatic friction of bones
In the mornings, I do not always want to get up. But if this reluctance is associated with lethargy and stiffness of the joints, if you need some time to feel the confidence in the hands and feet, you need to call the doctor. Coxarthrosis is a scourge of our time, it belongs to the palm tree among diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In most cases, this disease affects people who have crossed the 40-year mark. And in women, this disease develops much more often.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be one-sided and two-sided. And with the bilateral form of the joints are affected not simultaneously, but one after another. The insidiousness of coxarthrosis is that at the initial stage, when the disease can be easily cured, it manifests itself as a minor symptom. In the morning, only stiffness manifests, walking can cause pelvic or knee joints, but it quickly passes. And only then there is a characteristic crunch in the bones. Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can successfully combat this disease.
Symptoms and causes of the development of the disease
The disease develops in 3 stages. At 1 degree of coxarthrosis the articular space narrows, small changes begin in the bones. The mobility and performance of a person during the day is not affected.
As practice shows, most often diagnosed coxarthrosis of the hip joint, spine or knee joint in the 2 stages of the disease. Due to active internal changes, pain intensifies and from episodic to frequent( especially at night).He walks more hard, he begins to spare his aching leg, takes a cane in his hands. In the muscles of the leg, deprived of the usual load, blood supply worsens, dystrophy develops and, as a result, a person has lameness. All this is due to the rapidly progressing lesion of the interarticulate tissue. The cartilaginous tissue is thinned, and the inflammation of the periosteum begins.
The difference between a patient and a healthy hip is the depletion of the cartilaginous "cushion"
. In coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree, the radiograph shows significant bone growth around the head of the large femur and the top of the acetabulum, and the extension of the cervix is also seen. The joint gap is almost absent. The posture and gait of the patient change. The walking stick becomes not an auxiliary, but an obligatory means for movement. The pain does not stop day nor night, only their intensity changes. The fourth degree - the most severe form of coxarthrosis - is characterized by complete immobility of the joints.
It is impossible to say unambiguously what influences the appearance of this disease. There are a number of reasons for the development of the disease. Any of them or a combination of several factors are capable of provoking the appearance of the disease.
Coxarthrosis in childhood can appear as a consequence of congenital degenerative changes in the hip joint. Its development in an adult person is facilitated by excess weight, excessive strain on the joints, injuries received earlier, arthritis, osteoporosis, congenital changes in the head of the femur, heredity.
Treatment and prevention of coxarthrosis
As there is no single reason for the appearance of coxarthrosis, so there is no one and only true method of treatment. At different stages of the disease, different drugs are prescribed, designed to stop pain and cramps, remove inflammation and help preserve or build up cartilage tissue. But, as a rule, some medicamental measures are not enough.
When treating a disease of any stage is a therapeutic gymnastics. Regular and correct execution of it returns the joints mobility, and the muscles - the ability to function normally. The most effective methods are recognized joint exercises of Dr. Pilyuyko, the technique of exercises Dikul and gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky. By the way, the author of adaptive gymnastics SM Bubnovsky wears a hip joint implant.
Before starting the exercise, you should know that gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is a healing remedy. And he, like anyone else, also has contraindications. Therapeutic gymnastics is designed to develop joints and restore their lost mobility.
When charging, it is important to remember the following rules:
- any physical load is contraindicated in the period of exacerbations;
- all exercises are performed not dynamically, but gently and smoothly;
- no sharp slopes or deep squats;
- if in the performance of certain exercises there were painful sensations, the affected area needs a gentle massage with coxarthrosis.
The complex of exercises of any kind of gymnastics should be selected separately for each patient. It is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient: the degree of the disease, general physical development and well-being.
Physiotherapy exercises by the method of Bubnovsky
Patient monitoring allowed to create a complex of therapeutic exercises that have beneficial effects on the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the muscles retain their elasticity for a long time. To begin with, you need to learn the gymnastics for a beginner. It will help prepare the body for basic exercises and further work.
Adaptive exercises for beginners( performed 20 times each).
- It is necessary to sit on your heels, completely relax and perform breathing exercises. Then, moving his arms around in a circle and breathing in, slowly rises. Exhale to do in the starting position.
- The palms of the palms are placed on the stomach and through the tightly compressed lips, the "PF" sound is emitted when exhaled.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head, legs bend at your knees. On exhalation tear the body off the floor, and on inhalation return to the starting position.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head and bend your knees. On exhalation maximally raise the pelvis and move the knees.
- Lying on your back, try to close with your knees and elbows at one point.
- Lie on your right side and rest your right hand on the floor. You need to group, pulling your knees to your chest.
LFK with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, as well as diseases of the knee joints( the first 5 exercises are performed lying on the back).
- Pull out your legs, then slowly bend your foot in the knee without taking it off the floor. Take the initial position and do the exercise with the other leg.
- Raise the upper part of the body above the floor and lower it after a few seconds.
- Bent legs in the knees alternately pull your hands to the trunk. After holding in this position, return in a few seconds to the starting position.
- Raise the legs alternately over the floor, not bending at the knees, to a height of 20-30 cm.
- Straighten the legs, then lift one of them to a height of 20-30 cm, hold in this position for several seconds and gently lower it. Do the exercise with the other leg.
- Sit on a chair and lean forward, trying to touch the feet with your hands.
- In the standing position alternately, swing legs. Forward-backward and aside.
- Sitting on the floor, you need to grip the soles with your hands and lean forward more firmly.
Gymnastics in the treatment of intervertebral hernia
- In the position on all fours you need to relax the muscles, take a deep breath and slowly bend your back. After that, slowly make an exhalation, simultaneously bending the back( 20 times).
- Lie on your back, straightening your arms along the body. Deeply inhale, after which, slowly exhaling and leaning on the feet and shoulders, as high as possible to lift the pelvis above the floor. Exhale simultaneously with lowering the pelvis( 20 times).
- Lying on his back, lay his hands behind his head, his elbows pointing upwards. Bend your knees and press your chin to your chest. From this position, you need to try to get your elbows on your knees. At occurrence of easy weariness the exercise should be stopped.
- Stand on all fours and, without bending your elbows, bend forward as much as possible, then return to the starting position( 20-25 times).
The developed techniques are suitable for almost all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Separately designed gymnastics for pregnant women. With properly selected exercises, exercise and mastering the rules of breathing, which everyone can do, you can achieve excellent results.
Is it possible to perform physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Disease provokes destruction of cartilage and subsequent damage to bones
Coxarthrosis is a fairly common disease of the hip joint. This disease, as a rule, people are exposed, since the age of 40 years. Women often suffer from such an ailment.
As a rule, the hip joint is first affected only on one side. But later the second one can join him. The hip joint is the largest in the body, it has the main burden of the entire mass of a person.
Bones connect plastic smooth cartilage, which performs an amortization role and protects bone from destruction. In the case of coxarthrosis, cartilage tissues become dry, rough. The cartilage loses its functions, and the bone beneath it, under the influence of a person's weight, begins to grow to the sides, which leads to deformation of the entire hip joint. This makes it difficult to move, gives pain, and in time can generally block the mobility of the joint.
Causes and main symptoms of
The main cause of development of coxarthrosis is genetic predisposition. If someone in the family is sick or has arthrosis of the hip joint, it is more likely that children and grandchildren will also suffer from this ailment. Factors such as overweight, hip joint injuries can eventually lead to coxarthrosis or aggravate it.
Feeling of stiffness in the groin or buttocks area, unpleasant sensations and discomfort in this area, especially in the morning, are the first signs of development of coxarthrosis. These symptoms can increase during exercise and subside during rest.
If the time is not taken to eliminate pathology, the disease can become chronic, rest will no longer bring relief. In the joint begins the inflammatory process, which causes not only discomfort, but painful sensations. The bone begins to deform and grow in different directions.
As a result, the cartilage is completely erased, and the bones begin to rub together. This pathology brings quite painful sensations. To avoid this, many patients begin to reduce the burden on the aching leg, the muscles atrophy, and all this leads to lameness.
Diagnosis and treatment of coxarthrosis
First of all it is necessary to consult a specialist and undergo a primary examination. The doctor will bend, unbend the joint, ask to stand on one leg in turn, then to confirm the diagnosis, he will direct to the radiography of both hip joints. Only after a complete examination, the necessary treatment will be prescribed.
It is not possible to completely coxarthrosis. But there are many ways to facilitate and improve the patient's condition.
In case of severe disease, treatment is possible in an operative way. By surgical intervention instead of the "worn out" joint put a prosthesis, which replaces it. This operation allows to increase motor activity, eliminates pain.
In the initial stage of coxarthrosis, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- to reduce the burden on the affected joint;
- use anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed by a doctor;
- to comply with sleep, enough to rest;
- get rid of excess weight;
- perform a special set of exercises aimed at a moderate increase in the load and movements for the joint, stimulating its normal functioning.
In this disease, various exercise programs are used:
- gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint or exercise therapy( exercise therapy);
- yoga therapy - yoga, designed specifically for the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint;
- treatment according to the Bubnovsky system is a complex of measures developed by Dr. Bubnovsky for patients with coxarthrosis.
Let's consider all offered variants, their specificity that everyone could choose the individual program of employment and suitable treatment. In order to find out for sure if any complex is appropriate in your particular case, you should seek help from a doctor. At some stages of the disease, you can not just waste time, but also aggravate the course of the disease.
LFK and yoga as part oftherapyIf the doctor considers it appropriate to do gymnastics, you must choose a set of exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint. The purpose of the exercises is to develop the joint, make it function, and not complicate the already unpleasant situation. It is important to remember that performing exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint should be slow and cautious.
Muscle massage should be performed before and after exercise. A good assistant in the fight against coxarthrosis are water procedures, swimming. The bath with warm water will soothe the pain. Lying in the pool, you can do simple exercises.
Exercises that cause severe pain should not be performed in any way. Charging is aimed at relieving pain, not causing it. With regular performance of gymnastics, coxarthrosis of the hip joint is much easier to bear.
There are contraindications to gymnastics if the patient has the following symptoms:
- pain syndrome with a large accumulation of fluid in the joint;
- cardiovascular failure;
- pneumonia; pneumonia;
- cases of pleurisy;
- any heart disease.
After consultation with a physiotherapist, the patient will be given a set of exercises suitable for his stage of the disease. Often classes are conducted during inpatient treatment in a group where patients with the same degree of disease participate. You need to work under the supervision of a specialist. At home, exercise can also be done, but with the permission of the doctor, while being only for a check-up.
Yoga exercises can alleviate the condition of a patient with coxarthrosis. Yoga is quite popular in the modern world. Some patients even in adulthood are engaged in yoga to promote health and prolong the youth of the body. Those who are already familiar with this system, you can contact the instructor to recommend a special set of asanas for solving problems with the hip joint.
Yoga treatment is especially good in that it does not require sharp movements, with pressure. All exercises are performed smoothly, gradually. Yoga exercises increase the mobility of the joints, improve the flow of blood to the sore spot and the circulation of lymph. Due to the specific nature of the respiratory component, yoga exercises saturate the body with oxygen, make every body breathe.
Treatment of coxarthrosis according to the Bubnovsky system
A special place in the coxarthrosis treatment system is occupied by a program developed by Dr. Bubnovsky. All his work is aimed at finding ways to eliminate pain, improve the body without taking medication. He invented and tested a system of physical fitness exercises. In addition to the complex of exercises, Bubnovsky developed special simulators, classes on which can alleviate the pain syndrome. Classes using the Bubnovsky method help restore the musculoskeletal system and balance the body.
Complexes of exercises developed by the doctor not only for the elderly who lost their health. In his arsenal there are methods of treating children, pregnant women, women of mature age and even athletes. After all, many sports, for example, rhythmic gymnastics, lead to serious joint diseases at an early age.
When choosing for yourself a suitable program of classes, do not forget that the exercises should not only help in the fight against a particular problem, but also not to harm other bodies. Often, neglecting this rule, the patient finds himself in the well-known situation "one cure - the other is crippled".The key to successful treatment is the timely access for help to specialists. Take care of your health, take preventive measures and be healthy!
Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( coxarthrosis)
Coxarthrosis, or arthrosis of the hip joints, is a serious disease that can not be managed with the help of medications alone. In order to keep this disease under control, it is necessary to regularly engage in special therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).
Quick navigation for article:
Who can and should not be engaged in exercise therapy
Useful advices before you start practicing
The list of exercises
Video of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Tips on how to correctly and how to misbehave the exercises
Who can and who should not exercise the exercise therapy
You can perform exercises from various complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK), if:
- is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestations are minimal;
Doing such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
- disease is in an aggravation stage;
- , you recently suffered some heavy surgery;
- you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;
- you have a fever( above 37.5);
- in the presence of a hernia;
- during menstruation;
- for severe cardiac and pulmonary disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful advice before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education.
exercises with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and muscles of the legs receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Ready? Then go to the exercises!
List of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Exercise No. 1-a
To perform it, you need to lie down on the floor with your belly down, hands should be stretched along the trunk. This is how the initial position looks. Now slowly, very smoothly lift your left leg, not bending it in the knee, to a height of 15 cm from the floor, and harden in this position for thirty to forty seconds. At the end of this time, just as slowly as at the beginning of the exercise, lower your foot to the floor. Give yourself a few seconds of rest, and then repeat the same exercise, but with the right foot.
Ensure that the leg is raised only by the gluteal and hip muscles. The pelvis should fit snugly to the floor. This exercise should be done 1 time( for each leg)
The same exercise, but not in a static, but in a dynamic form. Similarly, very slowly lift, without bending in the knee, the left leg to the same height, and then hover at the highest point for one or two seconds, and then just lower it slowly.
After this, take a short break in one or two seconds, completely relax your leg muscles, and then repeat this exercise. In total it is necessary to make 10-12 such slow, accurate movements, and then repeat the exercise already with the right foot.
Please note that both legs should receive the same muscular load: they must rise to the same height and be held for the same amount of time.
The starting position - lying on the floor on the abdomen, arms stretched along the body down. Bend the left leg in the knee at an angle of 90 degrees;the right leg is straightened and lies on the floor.
After this, very slowly lift the bent leg from the floor to a height of 10-15 centimeters and hold it on the weight for the same 30-40 seconds. Then, too, very slowly and smoothly lower the leg, straighten it in the knee and completely relax the muscles of the legs. After a very short rest and complete relaxation of the muscles, repeat this exercise for the right leg.
Take a very short break, and then perform this therapeutic exercise, not in a static, but in a dynamic form. To do this, bend the left leg in the knee and then lift it 10 cm above the floor, and at the top point, stop for 1-2 seconds, then just slowly and slowly lower your leg and straighten it in the knee.
This movement should be repeated ten to twelve times, then move to the right leg and make it the same uplifts. Do not forget between each movement to do a 1-2-second break with complete relaxation of the muscles of the legs.
For therapeutic exercises with joint arthrosis, it is useful to combine it with magnetotherapy -
( do not forget to consult a doctor!)
This exercise is usually possible only for physically well-trained patients. If you feel that it is too hard for you, you are more than 40 years old and you tend to increase blood pressure, then do not heroic - skip the exercise and go on to the next.
The starting position is on the floor lying on the abdomen, the arms are stretched along the trunk.
Without bending the legs in the knees, slowly raise both feet simultaneously to a height of 10-15 cm above the floor, after which also slowly spread the legs to the sides, and then again draw. Without lowering your legs to the floor, repeat this cycle from the dilutions and information of the legs 8-10 times, and then slowly lower your legs to the floor and completely relax your muscles.
This exercise is also performed lying on the floor, but the starting position changes. Lay down on the left side and bend the left leg in the knee. The right leg, which is on top, should be straightened.
It is necessary to raise the right leg, and, without bending it in the knee, raise it upwards, ensuring that the angle between the horizontal plane( floor) and the foot is 45 degrees. Gradually raise your foot to this level, fix it for thirty seconds, then slowly and accurately lower your leg and completely relax your leg muscles.
Take a very short break, turn over to the other side and perform a similar exercise with your left foot.
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise.
From this position, very smoothly lift your right foot to an angle of 30 - 40 degrees, without bending your leg in the knee. After this, slowly unfold the foot and the leg as a whole outward. Then unfold both the leg and the foot inside. To perform the exercise, you need to do 10-15 cycles of such rotations inward and outward, after which you lower your leg and completely relax your muscles.
After a short break, turn over to the other side and repeat the exercise with the left foot. Make sure that during the movement, the rotation occurs "from the hip", not just the foot.
The starting position changes again: lie on the floor on your back, then bend your knees and spread them so that the sweep approximates the width of your shoulders. After that, you need to do the following: leaning on the shoulders, try to slowly raise the pelvis as high as you can, and fix it at this level for 30 - 40 seconds.
Then slowly, slowly go back to the starting position and completely relax the muscles of the legs.
After a short break, you need to do the same exercise, but in a dynamic manner. To do this, take the original position and lift the pelvis the same way, but hang up at the top for 1-2 seconds, and then lower it down, but not to the end, but about 15 cm.
After that, try to raise the pelvis as high as possible,point, and so on, until 12 to 15 such movements are done. Then, just as smoothly lower the pelvis on the floor and completely relax the muscles.
The starting position is new: sitting on the floor, the legs are straightened. Lean forward so that the knees remain straightened, and try to wrap your hands around your feet and toes.
Then pull your body forward, as far as it turns out, and try to freeze in this position for two or three minutes, while relaxing your muscles as much as possible.
What if your ligament condition or natural flexibility does not allow you to reach your feet and fix it at the right time in this way? To do this, you need to use improvised materials: make, for example, a loop from the belt and put it on your feet so that one edge of the strap rests against them, and the other is in your hands. With the help of such a device, pulling the trunk forward will be much easier.
The main goal of this exercise is to be able to stretch the ligaments and muscles of the hip for a long time, several months, in such a way that the angle of inclination of the trunk to the legs increases approximately twofold.
This exercise should be performed only once a day. Make sure that when performing it, your head does not fall: it should be like a continuation of the trunk.
The starting position is sitting on a chair. Slowly and smoothly lift the left leg, unbending it in the knee. After that continue to raise it, using the already hip joint. Raise your foot to the level you can, and then fix it at this level for 30 - 60 seconds.
Then smoothly and slowly lower the leg first in the thigh, and then in the knee, after which completely relax the muscles. After a short break, repeat this movement with your right foot.
Note: this exercise can only be done for patients with the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint. At the second, and the more so the third degree you risk damage to the joint!
The starting position for the exercise is as follows: sit on the floor, leaning back against the wall, the back should be straight. Legs should be straightened and maximally moved apart.
To perform the exercise, start bending the injured leg in the knee joint, trying not to bring it close to the healthy leg, until you place the foot of the sick leg on the floor. Then very gently begin to press both hands on the knee of the sick leg, very soft and smooth, wiggling movements, try to tilt your leg inside, to maximum tension, but not pain!
This exercise can also be performed only in the initial stage of coxarthrosis!
The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Legs are straightened and maximally divorced. Carefully and slowly bend the aching leg in the knee joint, then grab her foot with your hands and begin to pull it very slowly towards yourself - until you feel maximum tension, but not pain!
When you reach the maximum approach, lock in this position and stay in it for one to two minutes, while trying to relax as much as possible. After this, very slowly return to the starting position and relax the muscles of the legs.
If the flexibility of your ligaments and muscles at the moment does not allow you to reach out to the foot of a sore leg, use a towel or strap as an accessory for the same purpose.
It is necessary to perform once a day.
This is the last exercise, and after completing the complex of therapeutic exercises it is very important to self-massage the thigh. This self-massage must be done sitting, and massage only the anterior and lateral surface of the thigh, but not the back.
Place the palms on the thigh just above the knee, press them firmly against the foot and begin to make vigorous rubbing of the leg, as you proceed slowly from bottom to top. This massage should be done for about three minutes until a feeling of stable heat, but making sure that it does not go into pain or burning sensations.
After that, for 1 minute, complete the final part of the massage, conducting a gentle and smooth stroking of the skin of the thigh from the bottom up. In order to maintain heat after such a massage, it is useful to use warming ointments, creams and gels - for example, Espoo ointment, special massage cream "Ballet" or, for example, "Nikofleks" ointment.
In this video, you can see a series of useful exercises of another medical complex:
And in conclusion - some more tips:
1. Pay close attention to exercises that give excessive strain on the muscles of the thighs and hands: this is not useful for joints, andmost likely from such exercise it is necessary to refuse. In addition, when performing exercises, you should not experience severe, severe pain. If this happens, it means that this exercise is also not suitable for you.
2. It is important that in between exercises, even if they last only a few seconds, you have time to completely relax the muscles of the body. It is best to just lie down for this.
3. Try to finish each cycle of exercises at least small, for 3-5 minutes, by foot massage. It is useful in this case to use various heating gels and ointments. We already wrote about some of them: this is the gel of Horsepower( Horse Force), Zoo-VIP-gel, as well as Valentin Dikul's balm for joints.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint: medical gymnastics, exercise therapy, exercise, massage |Are joints aching?
exercise therapy and exercises
There are a number of techniques and specially selected complexes of physical therapy that allow you to fight this disease and alleviate its symptoms. The role of therapeutic gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint is to develop the affected joint.
Experience 29 years. He is engaged in diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.Savchenko Andrei Vasilevich
Manual therapist, OrthopedistCharge with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is an integral element in the fight against the disease. The methods of Dr. Evdokimenko, Bubnovsky and Gitt VD have gained wide popularity and proved their effectiveness. Each exercise should be performed up to 10 times, while breathing should be free, and physical activity should not be accompanied by acute pain. It is also worth remembering that excessive physical activity can provoke a worsening of the situation.
Complex of the most effective exercises that can be practiced:
- In the prone position, it is necessary to bend the leg in the knee, and then gradually pull it out.
- In prone position( the feet fit tightly to the floor, legs bend at the knees), you should strain the gluteus muscles and try to raise the pelvis higher.
- For the next exercise, you need to sit on a chair, squeeze the ball with your knees and squeeze it with force several times.
- In the supine position, hands are pressed to the trunk. To carry out the ascent of straightened legs.
- In the prone position on the abdomen, the legs are raised to an angle of 20 degrees. Then slowly grow them in different directions.
- When sitting on a hard surface, legs straight, you should bend slightly forward and try to clasp your hands with your toes and feet.
Classes should be conducted regularly, to relieve tension, you can take a warm bath after doing the necessary exercises.
For exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of contraindications:
- Increased body temperature( over 37 degrees).
- Rehabilitation period after surgery.
- Osteoarthritis( stage of exacerbation).
- With cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency.
- Period of menstruation.
Before proceeding with exercises of exercise therapy with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to consult your doctor in advance.
Such a disease as coxarthrosis can be avoided if you perform timely prevention. Hatha yoga is perfect for this. This kind of yoga therapy is aimed at improving the general well-being of a person, as well as normalizing his psychological state and fighting against systemic diseases.
Classes are usually held under the supervision of a special instructor( yoga-tichera), which will help to adjust the intensity of the load and pick up the complex of asanas( exercises).Groups of yoga therapy are formed individually for each disease.
There should be a short break between each of the asanas, and each of the exercises is accompanied by a special breathing technique. Yoga in coxarthrosis of the hip joint is an important, additional element in the treatment of this disease. Individual classes are considered the most effective.
The massage procedure for coxarthrosis of the hip joint is performed before, as well as after the exercise of exercise therapy. This safe element of treatment is applicable at any stage of arthrosis. Massage helps reduce puffiness, strengthen muscles, stretch the joint, relieve tension. My patients use a proven means, which can get rid of the pain in 2 weeks without much effort.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint 2 degrees symptoms, treatment at home lfk
The disease develops gradually and passes in three stages.
- In the first stage, the cartilages of the joint lose moisture, and as a result, become less elastic and elastic. Then the destruction of collagen fibers follows. The cartilage becomes dry, its tissue is covered with cracks. The articular surfaces cease to glide and begin to rub, which, in turn, causes thinning of cartilage and their gradual destruction.
- In the second stage of the disease, the head of the femur, already devoid of protective cushioning, begins to deform, flatten out. The surface of the joint is enlarged, the growth of bone tissue occurs with the formation of osteophytes, which are often mistakenly regarded as deposits of salts. The capsule of the joint is reborn, wrinkled. The circulation of the articular fluid, the joint lubrication, and its nutrition deteriorates. The distance between the articulating joint elements is reduced by 50-70%.The destruction of the joint begins to increase rapidly.
- The third stage is expressed in severe deformation of the joint and almost complete disappearance of the joint space. The joint is practically immobilized, the cartilaginous tissue is almost absent. To help at this stage is capable only of surgical intervention.
Symptoms of the second stage of coxarthrosis
- Pain in the groin area becomes intense, spreading over the surface of the thigh to the knee, sometimes the pain is felt in the buttock. It never reaches the toes, and this is the main difference in pain from arthrosis from the one that causes damage to the lumbar spine, for example, a hernia. Pain occurs during the movement: a short walk, attempts to rise from a sitting position. The first steps are especially painful.
- In the second stage, pain can appear even at rest, and not only after physical exertion.
- Stiffness and limited movement at 20 degrees. It is difficult to pull your leg to your chest or take it to the side, it's difficult to put on your shoes or put on socks.
- A crunch appears in the affected joint during movement. It differs from painless soft crunching of joints, which happens due to the features of the anatomical structure of a person, its sound is rough, dry and accompanied by unpleasant or painful sensations.
- After motor loads, noticeable lameness appears.
- The radiograph shows a significant increase in osteophytes.
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the second stage
It is impossible to cure a disease by any one method, an integrated approach is mandatory. With the general efforts of the doctor and the patient, the first stage is completely curable. Coxarthrosis of the second stage can not be cured completely, since not only the cartilaginous tissue is damaged, but also the bones adjacent to the joint.
Nevertheless, it is still possible to significantly improve the condition of the joint, providing it with nutrition, normal circulation and widening the joint gap.
Treatment will maximize or even cancel the need for surgery. To address it is necessary to the orthopedist or the rheumatologist.
Treatment is usually carried out at home. Write anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs( diclofenac, piroxicam, movalis), which relieve pain, vasodilator drugs( trental, theonikol), muscle relaxants( midolma), chondroprotectors( structum).Also very helpful in the treatment of intraarticular injections of hormonal drugs( Kenalog, hydrocortisone).
Ointments and gels with coxarthrosis are in themselves ineffective, as the diseased joints are located deep under the fat and muscle tissue. Relief comes at the expense of improving blood circulation and removing muscle spasm massage during rubbing.
To improve blood supply and reduce inflammation, physiotherapy procedures are performed: electro- and magnetotherapy, UHF therapy, light therapy and ultrasound treatment.
Also prescribed compresses, hip and joint massage. Massage gives a very good result, it should be done as often as possible. During the procedure, blood circulation improves, muscle spasm is removed and the distance between the articulations of the joint increases.
Sprain the joint and various orthopedic procedures designed to reduce the burden on the affected joint. Extension is carried out manually or on a special apparatus, the procedure allows to dilute the joint bones.
Manual traction is preferable to the hardware one, but this is a very laborious procedure and requires high qualification of a specialist.
The obligatory stage of treatment is special gymnastics. Very useful for swimming.
Exercises for the treatment of coxarthrosis of the second stage
The main thing is to remember that absolutely all gymnastic movements must be performed as slowly and smoothly as possible, try not to feel pain so as not to injure the additionally affected joint.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands should be kept stretched along the body, legs should be straightened. It is necessary to slightly lift each leg in turn and leave it in this position for half a minute. After smoothly lowered. During the exercise, the stomach and pelvis should be kept pressed against the floor surface, and the movement itself should be performed using the muscles of the hip. The body can not be unfolded, and the leg can be bent. It is enough to rise to a height of not more than 15 cm.
Then, after a brief respite, the exercise is performed in a dynamic variation: 10-12 repetitions with a stop in the upper position for two seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands should be kept stretched along the body, the knee of one leg should be bent at an angle of 90 °, and the second leg should remain straight. Slightly raise the knee bent in the knee, to a height of not more than 10 cm, and hold it up for half a minute. Make the exercise the second leg.
Then follows the exercise in a dynamic variation: 10-12 repetitions with the foot restrained at the top for two seconds. It is necessary to completely relax the muscles of the leg after it is lowered to the floor.
- Lie on your stomach. Raise your legs to a small height. Slowly reduce and dilute them, keeping on weight. The legs should be straight. Repeat 10 times. Exercise is not recommended for hypertensive patients and patients with a sick heart.
- Lie on one side, lower the lower leg slightly, leaving the straight line straight. Upper leg raise at an angle of 45 ° and hold for half a minute. Exercise should be done in turn with both feet.
- Lie on one side, lower the lower leg slightly, leaving the straight line straight. Upper leg raise at an angle of 30 ° and gently unfold it whole with the foot outwards;and then turn back inside. Make 10 such rotational movements. Keep your leg straight all the time. Exercise is performed in turn with both feet.
- Lie on your back, knees bent, and feet are on the floor, legs are diluted approximately at the width of the shoulders. Gently lift the pelvis, leaning on the shoulder girdle, and stand for half a minute. Also smoothly sink. Run once.
Then, perform a dynamic exercise method: raise and lower the pelvis with an amplitude of about 15 cm, stopping the movement in the upper end position for a couple of seconds. Make 15 swings.
- Sit on the floor, straighten both feet. Do not bend your knees forward and grab onto your feet. Hold for two minutes. This movement should be carried out strictly once a day and not more often. If the exercise is difficult to perform, then you can wrap your feet with a towel wrapped in a towel. During the exercise, the spine should be straightened, the head should not be lowered.
- Sitting on a chair, it is necessary to lift the straight leg as high as possible. Hold it at the highest point for a minute. Make 2-3 repetitions on each leg.
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis - video
The video gives working advice and exercises for those who have this disease.
After gymnastics, you need to self-massage. It is done in the sitting position, carefully massaging the thigh except the back surface. Massage is carried out by grinding, moving from the knee to the groin. Rinsing should be done about three minutes. At the end of the massage for a minute, perform gentle strokes in the same direction.
Properly selected, adequate comprehensive treatment and careful implementation of all medical recommendations will avoid surgery, eliminate lameness and pain, prevent possible complications, improve the overall well-being and quality of life of the patient.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint, gymnastics for the treatment of
Sergei Bubnovsky will show exercises for people who are diagnosed with coxarthrosis of the hip joint. Tell you when you need to do the operation, how to prepare the joint for the operation, and rehabilitation after the operation on the hip joint.
Read more about the hip joint: http: //www.bubnovsky.org/treatments/ a. ..