Complex of exercises of physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the knee jointWith gonarthrosis, there are degenerative changes of articular cartilage with pain manifestations and a decrease in functional capabilities in joint mobility. The process of pathological changes of cartilage is irreversible, but a set of special medical measures is provided to prevent further undesirable consequences and arising complications.
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint, supplemented with massage, allows to suspend the process of violations of the structure of the cartilaginous tissue and maintain the volume of motor activity necessary to maintain a satisfactory quality of life. It should be remembered that physical education should not cause traumatic effects and should not be performed if there are individual contraindications. The effectiveness of the positive impact of therapeutic and prophylactic procedures in the early stages of the disease is much higher.
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Physical exercises are performed predominantly in the sitting and lying position to minimize the traumatic load on the joint. The complex of exercises should be performed with a gradual increase in the load, not allowing sharp pain. It is necessary to focus on the condition of the patient's joint. Properly distributed load, after gymnastics and self-massage, will manifest itself by restoring all the usual movements of the joint in 25-30 minutes after the end of the session.
Therapeutic exercise is performed by alternating each exercise( starting with 5 repetitions and gradually increasing to 20 times).Charge should be performed regularly: 20 minutes three times a day.
- In the supine position, the two legs should be bent at the same time in the knee and hip joint. Conduct movements: alternately bending and then unbending legs.
- Pose lying on back and stretching out legs. The knee of one leg should be bent and a small lifting of the foot above the surface with a fixation of the position for 5 seconds. Perform a change of the exercising leg.
- Do not change the pose, lift one leg, bending at the knee joint. Perform movements - bending and then unbending the leg. Exercise alternately each leg.
- The basic starting posture remains the same. Bend the leg and fix it for a few seconds in a bent position, pressing to the trunk with the subsequent relaxation and returning to the initial starting position. Repeat with changing feet.
- Without changing the starting position, make a straight leg rise to a height of about 30 cm( from the heel to the surface) and hold the foot for 5-8 seconds. Repeat alternately with both feet.
- Continue lying on your back and perform an exercise with your feet kicked - "bike".It is necessary to maintain the pace: from slow to faster.
- Roll over on the stomach, then bend one leg in the knee, while trying to reach the heel to the buttocks. Run, changing your legs.
- Sit on a chair and lift the leg with a straight foot into a position parallel to the floor and hold for 3-5 seconds, until a certain tension is reached in the muscles of the thigh and lower leg. Perform alternately with each leg.
- Stand behind a chair and take hold of his back. Take each leg alternately, repeating the movement several times.
- Turn sideways to the chair, resting on the back of the chair with one hand and giving the body a stable position. Perform repeated strokes of each foot in the direction of forward and backward.
- To sit on a chair or a suitable curb( a certain height is necessary) and chat with relaxed legs. Exercise is recommended for more frequent exercise during each day.
Treatment of Bubnovsky
Among a variety of therapeutic techniques, a special place is occupied by the author's curative system, developed and patented by Dr. med. CM.Bubnovsky. The essence of the method consists in therapy without drugs, with the use of physical exercises and movements that have a therapeutic effect( kinesiotherapy - motion treatment), and physiotherapy.
Kinesiotherapy is based on the study and practical use of deep knowledge of anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, human psychology and pedagogy in the treatment process. Gonarthrosis, in this scientific area of research, is regarded as a disease caused by processes associated with inadequate blood supply, muscle wasting, loss of joint fluid. By compensating and restoring the changes that have occurred, one can achieve psychophysiological normalization of the patient's condition and create comfortable life experiences from improving the quality of life.
To compile the most adapted set of exercises in each case, depending on the severity of the disease and clinical manifestations, the individual treatment plan is selected. This method eliminates the use of warming ointments( gels).To relieve the pain, joint cooling, exposure to cold water or ice, during the treatment period is provided.
Improving the developed exercises, consolidating positive results and using the accumulated knowledge, the idea of creating MTB therapeutic simulators( MTB - multifunctional simulator Bubnovsky) was realized. Use of this type of simulator is possible in domestic household conditions.
Use of massage as a supplement to exercise therapy
A professional massage massage course can only be carried out by a specialist with special medical training. Massage helps to activate microprocesses in the tissues adjacent to the joint: increase capillary blood flow, stimulate cellular metabolic processes, improve nutrition of damaged cartilage structures.
It is quite possible to perform self-massage - it has a significant auxiliary therapeutic effect. Massage movements on their own perform stroking and rubbing movements. Massaging passes are consistently subjected to the region of both knee joints( healthy and diseased).
The progress of self-massage is presented in the following consecutive stages:
- Take a sitting position in the bed with one leg extended out horizontally on the bed and relaxed lowered second leg.
- On the leg on the bed, the arms are placed at the bottom and at the top close to the joint, with the right hand on the top of the joint, and the left hand at the bottom.
- Smoothing reciprocating movements are carried out.
- Move the hands on both sides of the knee joint and with your fingers carry out active rubbing movements up and down the legs.
- Further similar rubbing movements of the lateral periarticular surfaces with the palmar surfaces of the hands.
- Having adopted the reference position for the thumbs at the top of the joint, the remaining fingers produce intense rotational and circular motions along the sides of the joint.
- Do not change the disposition of the hands, carry out kneading( with displacement of the skin areas) movement with three fingers( index, middle, anonymous) of both hands.
- Carry out stroking final movements on the joint with the palms of both hands.
The duration of the procedure should be at least 15 minutes. In the case of 2-3-fold repetition, during the day, one can start from the 10-minute duration of each session.
Predicted results of
treatment In all cases, following the systematic nature of the procedures performed, as a result of the use of exercise therapy and self-massage, the following positive changes are noted:
- improves nutrition of articular elements and adjacent tissues;
- pain relief;
- improves the motor functional parameters of the joint;
- increases the amplitude of the performed movements;
- improves the structure of cartilaginous tissue;
- prevented recurrence of the disease.
The only complex of exercise therapy that will help to cure arthrosis of the knee
The main task of physiotherapy is to stimulate the mechanisms of natural joint repair. LFK with arthrosis of the knee has a very beneficial effect on both the diseased knee and the body as a whole, but it is critically important to do it correctly. Read on for a detailed description of the correct exercises, important rules and the non-obvious nuances of really effective workouts.
Invaluable advantages of physical education
Regular high-quality gymnastics:
Increases the amount of movement in the joint.
Reduces muscle tone, thus providing and preventing the development of contractures( degeneration of the muscles in scar tissue).
Improves circulation in the diseased joint, improves nutrition of the destroyed cartilage.
Has a positive effect on the whole body, makes a person more mobile and improves the quality of his life.
Six basic principles of correct training
Physical training should be carried out according to certain rules; is the most important principle - do no harm.
Do not rush things. The load and volume of movements should be increased gradually, forcing the training load only worsens the situation.
Exercises should not cause pain, you should not overcome it. Such "feats" can make you disabled. Exercise should be so as to feel fatigue in the muscle groups, and not pain in the joints - then exercise is performed correctly.
Avoid overloading and do not chase after rapid progress. Remember the Polish folk wisdom: "zu zanadto, it's not sensible"( literal translation: which is too much, then badly).
Regularity. Only daily workouts will help you achieve any visible results.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee should only be performed during the remission period. During an exacerbation of the disease, when the knee is enlarged and swollen, it is better to provide him with a comfortable rest.
Load both joints equally. Many patients ask a question: "And how to train, if I have only one knee?".With unilateral arthrosis, a sick person instinctively begins to spare the problem joint, while the load on a healthy one increases significantly. So in the opposite knee can also begin to form arthrosis, so exercise therapy should load both joints.
Click on the picture to enlarge
The correct complex of exercise therapy from the doctor
So, we came to the main thing - creating a set of exercises for the diseased knee. The task of exercise therapy is to make the muscles work without loading the joint.
Below are the exercises of Dr. Evdokimenko from his book "Pain in the legs".
Static option. Starting position( IP): lying on the abdomen with straight legs, hands located along the body. Slowly raise the knee straightened at the knee by 15 cm from the floor and fix it in this position for 30-40 seconds. It is important that the leg is lifted by the effort of the thigh muscles and buttocks.
We perform each foot once.
Dynamic option. We perform the same as static, but we hold the foot over the floor for 1-2 seconds. We perform each leg 10-12 times.
Exercise 2 The
IP is the same, only now one leg is bent at the right angle in the knee. Without changing the angle of bending, raise the foot over the floor by 10 cm and hold in this position 30-40 seconds, 1 repetition on each leg. The effort should be applied solely at the expense of the muscles of the thigh and buttock.
Dynamic option. Hold for 1-2 seconds, do 10-12 reps with each leg.
One of the variants of the famous exercise "Swallow".PI as in Exercise 1: raise both legs 10-15 cm above the floor, without hurrying to bred them to the sides, and then reduce them. Do not lower your legs again 8-10 times. It is necessary to watch, that effort, as in the previous exercises, was carried out only by the muscles of the thigh, and not by the hull.
IP: lying on its side, lower leg bent at the knee. Raise the straight upper leg above the floor by about 450 and hold in this position for 30-60 seconds.1 repetition on each leg.
IP: sitting on a chair. Straighten the leg in the knee joint and lift it above the floor as far as we can, hold it in this position for 30-60 seconds. We do 2-3 repetitions with each foot.
IP: we stand, holding hands behind the back of the chair. Slowly rise on the socks and stay in this position for about one minute, slowly dropping.
Dynamic option. Do 10-12 repetitions, lingering at the top point for 1-2 seconds.
SP Exerc.6. Leaning on the heels raise the stop up, stay at the top point for 1-2 seconds and fall to the floor;10-12 repetitions.
The former is. We rise on the toe of the left leg, then the right heel goes up, and the left one - downwards - smoothly "roll" on the toes 10-12 times.
The training should end with self-massage, in order to further warm up and relax the muscles of the thigh.
Physiotherapy with knee arthrosis
In patients with arthrosis, hypotrophy of the hip muscles often occurs, which increases with the progression of the disease. As a result, contractures develop, which serve as an additional source of disruption of the functions of the knee joint. The affected joint increases the load on the ligamentous apparatus, which in turn leads to increased pain.
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis is aimed at reducing hypoxia in tissues, reducing venous stasis and edema, improving metabolism and unloading the joint. The complex of exercises reduces pain, corrects the arising stiffness, strengthens the muscles of the thigh, increases the stability of the knee joint.
Therapeutic gymnastics in the subacute period of the disease
For knee arthrosis in the subacute period, active exercises are recommended. They perform lying on the back, stomach. Under the limb with a diseased joint, attach the devices with rollers. Classes are best conducted after a massage. The purpose of the massage session should be relaxation of the calf muscles. The knee is not massaged.
LFK includes exercises with isometric tension and subsequent relaxation of the hip muscles. Repetition of movements before the appearance of pulling pain improves blood circulation in the limbs and normalizes muscle tone. After doing gymnastics, it is recommended to lie down for 15 minutes with legs outstretched.
For arthrosis of the knee joint with the aim of preventing muscle atrophy of the hip, prescribe exercise therapy for strengthening the quadriceps muscle. The load on the muscles is increased gradually.
Patient in the prone position should unbend the shin and hold the leg straight until light pain occurs. As the muscles strengthen, this exercise is recommended to perform sitting, and then standing at the gymnastic wall.
As the endurance of the joint increases, flexion and extension of the shin are introduced into the complex. Over time, for burdening use a cuff with a load that is attached to the ankle joint or use an elastic bandage.
Perform exercises that are aimed at increasing the amount of movement in the affected joint.
Effective for arthrosis therapeutic exercise in the pool.
Rotational active movements in the knee joint, flexion and extension of the shin, rotational movements in the ankle and hip joints are performed. Holding on to the handrails, perform an exercise in the water that mimics riding a bike. Gymnastics in the pool can be combined with the hydro massage of the legs and gluteal muscles.
Exercises during the remission ofWe recommend reading:
Folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee
Therapeutic physical training during the remission of arthrosis of the knee joint performs the following tasks:
- trains the cardiovascular system;
- improves the functions of the respiratory system;
- adapts the body to increased physical activity;
- retains the amount of movement in the knee joint;
- strengthens the muscles of the affected joint;
- corrects spinal disorders that have arisen as a result of the disease.
This is achieved by performing general strengthening exercises and breathing exercises.
Recommended set of exercises
Performed from the position: lying on the back
- Performed with outstretched legs. The first stage is to bend the knee, the second stage is to raise the foot. Bend the raised leg for a few seconds and lower it. Run too with another foot. Repeat several times.
- Bend the leg in the knee and pull it to the stomach for a few seconds. Lower the leg should be gradual: first the foot falls to the floor, then the leg straightens with sliding movements.
- Perform movements with your feet that mimic cycling. Exercise is performed within a few seconds.
- Perform an exercise on relaxation in the knee joints. To do this, you must sit on a table or other surface so that your legs hang down and do not reach the floor. Perform rotational movements in the joints. Amplitude should be increased in proportion to the severity of pain.
Performed from the position: lying on the stomach.
- Lie on the mat, straighten your legs. Raise the straightened leg from the floor and hold for 30 seconds. Make sure that all muscles of the leg and gluteal muscles are as tight as possible, the body is pressed to the floor as much as possible. Breathe freely. Lower your foot slowly and rest a bit. Each leg should be performed 1-2 times. It is not necessary to raise the leg as much as possible.
- Do the same at a faster pace. Hold your leg for 1-2 seconds. The number of repetitions of the exercise starts from 8 times. Movements should be smooth. Only in this case the exercise improves blood circulation.
- Bend your foot in the knee at a right angle and lift it from the floor as far as possible. Lock this position for 30 seconds. All movements should occur with the muscular effort of the legs and buttocks. The body is tightly pressed to the floor, the back does not bend. Slowly lower your leg and rest. Do the same with the other foot. It is carried out 1-2 times.
- Do Exercise 3 at a faster pace. Movement should be smooth, the number of repetitions from 8 times. Break between each repetition for at least 2 seconds. Make sure that the bent leg in the knee is at right angles.
- Recommended for patients with good physical fitness. Rectify your legs and arms above the floor and hold this position for 30 seconds. Slowly return to the starting position. You can complicate the task by slowly pushing and sliding the raised legs. This exercise is not recommended for patients with hypertension or a penchant for it!
After gymnastics it is recommended to make a thigh massage using a massage cream of warming action.
Best charge for knee arthrosis |Knee joint
Best charge for knee arthrosis
Charge for arthrosis of the knee joint is one of the best methods, which, combined with pharmacotherapy, gives excellent results in slowing the progress of the disease or even preventing it. But to achieve a good state, you should follow the rules, and not do everything of your own free will.
Exercises for charging
Specialists developed a set of exercises that passed the test of time and is best for gonarthrosis( arthrosis of the knee joint).
1. Lying on your stomach, lift up your straight leg and hold for 30-40 seconds, lower and repeat with the other leg. A simpler option is to lift only the lower leg.
2. Lying on the right side, lift the left straight leg up 45 degrees, hold for a few seconds. Change the position to repeat the exercise with the right foot.
3. This exercise is complex and will suit only physically strong people: lying on your stomach, lift both straight legs and hold for a few seconds, then relax.
4. Sitting on a chair, lift the straight leg on the weight and hold it for as long as you can. Repeat with the other leg.
5. Standing on your feet and holding hands with a chair, stand on your toes and stretch out as high as possible. Then repeat the exercise, standing on his heels.
6. After the exercises, do self-massage of the hip.
Not all cases of these exercises are shown. The patient should remember in what situations physical activity is contraindicated:
- increased arterial or intracranial pressure;
- increased body temperature, inflammatory processes;
- in the first months after the transferred organ operations;
- in case of acute or severe chronic diseases of internal organs;
- when menstruating in women;
Exercises of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint - what you need to know
5. Video exercises
Complex of exercises
- The starting position is lying on the back, legs are stretched. To bend a knee, thus hardly to lift a foot above a floor. Hold for 5 seconds. Change your legs. Repeat 5 times.
- Lying on the back, the leg is bent in the hip and knee joints. Movement - flexion and extensor in the knee joint.
- Position lying on the back, legs bent in the hip and knee joints. Movement - flexion and extensor in both knee joints.
- Position lying on the back, legs stretched, relaxed. We bend the left leg and press it to the body for a few seconds, then lower the foot to the floor and straighten the leg. The same movement is repeated with the other foot. Repeat 10-15 times.
- "Bicycle".Position lying on the back. Imitation of riding a bicycle. The legs are raised over the litter throughout the exercise. Repeat from 20 to 50 times or more. Perform slowly first, then faster.
- Position lying on the back. The straightened leg breaks off from the floor to a height of 20-30 cm and is held in this position for a few seconds, then falls. The same movement is repeated with the other foot. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Position lying on the abdomen. Alternately, we bend the legs in the knee joints, trying to reach the buttock with the heel. Hips from the floor do not tear. Repeat from 20 to 50 times.
- In the same position, bend the same leg in the knee and hold for a few seconds. Change your legs.
- Sit on the table top. Sit straight. Chat with your feet with a moderate range of movements. Do this exercise as often as possible.
- In the same position. Raise the leg and hold it for 3 seconds parallel to the floor. The foot is at right angles to the shin. Change your foot. When doing this exercise, you need to feel the tension in the muscles of the thigh and lower leg.
The first complex is performed sitting on a bed or chair. Remember that exercises with gonarthrosis should be smooth, without sudden movements and the appearance of severe soreness. Each exercise should be repeated 5 times.
1. Connect the legs together and lower them down. Do alternating flexion and extension movements in the knees. During the exercise, the soles should slide on the floor. Return to the starting position.
2. Next, inhale, one knee lead to the abdomen, clasping his leg with his hands. Exhale. Repeat the exercise for the other leg.
3. Sitting on the bed, straighten his legs, turning his feet toward himself.
4. Straighten the right foot on the bed, and lower the other on the floor. Put your hands on the knee of your right foot and on exhalation make three slopes of a springing character, pressing your hands against your knee. Repeat with the other leg.
5. Put your feet on the bed, pulling them forward. Bend your legs to the sides without using your hands.
6. Put your hands on your knees, and, pressing the popliteal areas to the bed, strain your hips. For a minute, perform 30 such tensile movements.
7. Sitting on the bed, stretching his hands to the sides - to inhale. Perform tangential movements of the feet without bending the legs in the knees.
This set of exercises can be used in full, and can be selective, alternating the most appropriate movements for themselves.
Massage is recommended to be performed immediately after exercise therapy. Every self-massage movement should be repeated 6 times, avoiding painful sensations. Massaging needs knee joints on both legs.
The process is very simple. Sitting on the bed and straightening one leg, put your hands on your knee and make them stroking movements in different directions. Next, place the palms on the back sides to the lateral surfaces of the knee joints and move your hands along the side of the knee and back.
You can also use a vibrating massage of the knee joint using a nozzle with spikes.
Video exercises arthrosis of the knee joint
This massage with arthrosis of the knee joints is shown. It can be done every day 1-3 times. The course lasts 10-18 days. After a break of 5-10 days, the course can be repeated. Massage is recommended to combine with gymnastics.
Knee joint arthrosis exercises
Such a joint disease as arthrosis has recently become more common. Many believe that most people with age suffer from arthrosis. But actually it is not. This disease affects people of any age. The main factors that provoke the development of arthrosis are:
- Excessive physical activity;
- Congenital deformities of bones and joints.
Along with the medicamental treatment of arthrosis, therapeutic gymnastics is used. It improves blood flow to sick vessels, which in turn positively affects the effectiveness of treatment. The complex of exercises for arthrosis should be performed smoothly, without jerks and preferably under the supervision of a specialist. The knee joints are most susceptible to arthrosis. Signs of this disease can be noted joint crunch, accompanied by pain. Significantly increases fatigue during walking, movements are constrained.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of knee joints
The complex of exercises, which is used in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints, is performed only in a recumbent or in a sitting position. In this case, the load on the aching joint is reduced and the pain sensations are minimized. Doing such exercises is best under the supervision of a specialist, but if this is not possible - you can implement them in the home. But a preliminary consultation with a doctor is still desirable. Complex exercises:
- The exercise is performed sitting on the table. Keep your back straight. Observing a moderate amplitude of movements, chat with your feet. Do this exercise as often as possible.
- The exercise is executed in the same position. Alternately raise your legs, and hold them parallel to the floor for 3 seconds. In this case, the foot should be at a right angle to the shin.
- Standing on the floor, lean on the buttocks on the surface. Knees slightly bend and spread apart. Do inclines forward without bending your back.
- Lying back on the floor, stretch your legs. Then, bending the knee and lifting the foot over the floor, hold the foot for 5 seconds. Then do the same with the other leg. Repeat the exercise at least five times.
- From the position lying on the back, both legs bend at the knees, resting on the feet in the floor. Alternately, each leg, bending at the knee, is pressed against the stomach, and then, straightening, slowly lowering the foot to the floor.
- Lying on the back bent at the knee leg to clasp hands and pull to the stomach. Keep the foot at right angles. Keep it up for 5-7 seconds. The leg should be lowered to the floor with the heel, and then stretched out. Legs alternate.
- Lie on your right side, first putting a small pillow under your head. With your left hand, rest on the floor in front of you, put your right hand under the pillow. Slowly bending the left leg, we bring it to the stomach and, as far as possible, take it back.
- Lying on the right side, the left leg, bent at the knee, rest on the floor. Make small flies elongated right foot. Then lie on your left side, and repeat these mahi with your left foot.
- Lying on the stomach and not lifting the pelvis off the floor, alternately bend your knees. Exercise slowly, without jerking.
- Lying on the stomach and not lifting the pelvis off the floor, alternately bend each leg in the knee and hold it in this position for 5-10 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint is very useful, as well as exercises with arthrosis of the foot are extremely useful and effective.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of foot
Together with exercise therapy, a patient with arthrosis is prescribed a diet that will help to reduce excess weight, which is very often the cause of this disease and contributes to its further development. In addition, the patient will forever have to give up narrow shoes and high heels, since this greatly aggravates the course of the disease. In case of foot arthrosis, soft sports shoes or shoes with a soft sole and a wide heel, about two centimeters in height, are best suited. Exercises for arthrosis of the foot are quite easy to perform and can be done several times a day.
- Lying on the floor, raise your legs slightly and make rotational movements with stops in different directions.
- Sitting on a chair, pull forward the legs and perform the rotation of the feet.
- This exercise is also performed sitting on a chair, only the chair should be low. At the same time, the feet are pressed to the floor. Perform movements that mimic walking, alternately raising and lowering the feet.
Exercises that are used for arthrosis can and should be done even when the disease is not detected. This will be an excellent prophylaxis, which will reduce the occurrence of arthrosis to a minimum. Also, swimming and dancing are very useful. A proper diet and the rejection of bad habits will significantly reduce the risk of joint disease, and if they are available, the treatment process will be more effective. In addition, the exercises strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the joints, eliminate pain and improve the blood supply of the joint. Exercise combined with an active lifestyle not only warns the disease with arthrosis, but will also prevent the occurrence of other diseases, such as: