Treating the calcaneal spur at homePlantar fasciitis is a disease manifested by pain of varying intensity in the heel area as a result of microtraumas of the connective fascia - the formation of spine-like bone growth in the calcaneus and aseptic inflammation of the soft tissues of the foot. In people, this disease was called a calcaneal spur.
Causes of formation and symptoms of
Heel spur is formed due to:
- age changes;
- flat feet;
- diseases of the spine and joints;
- disorders of mineral metabolism;
- wearing high-heeled shoes in combination with excess weight;
- of increased load and traumatizing of the foot during intensive training or long standing work.
The heel spur appears:
- intense pain when walking in the heel area in the morning and after a long load, over time, the pain can be permanent;
- change in gait - due to weight transfer to a healthy leg appears lameness;
- local inflammation in the heel area - redness, skin hardening, pain with pressure.
Treating the calcaneal spur
To eliminate the calcaneal spur, traditional and non-traditional medicine methods are used. With traditional medical treatment, it is recommended:
- use insoles and foot supports to unload the foot;
- to limit heavy physical activity, it is allowed to perform therapeutic gymnastics;
- use temporary immobilization by tapping, night orthosis;
- topically apply anti-inflammatory ointments;
- topical application of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- physiotherapeutic procedures - electrophoresis, phonophoresis with anti-inflammatory drugs, UHF;
- surgical treatment with ineffective drug and physiotherapy treatment.
Treating the calcaneal spur at home
In addition to the conventional treatment of the heel spurs, it is often resorted to affordable and effective recipes for traditional medicine, which include various applications( compresses) and warming up, with courses ranging from 2 to 30 procedures.
Methods of treatment with applications( compresses):
- with a grater to make onion gruel. Kashitsu put on the heel, wrap the package and fix it with a warm cloth. Keep the compress all night. Instead of onions, you can use garlic, but carefully - it acts more aggressively and often causes burns. When applying garlic gruel, the exposure time should be reduced and if the burning is severe, stop the procedure. To reduce the aggressiveness of garlic apples, garlic mass can be mixed with vegetable oil or chalk;
- cut the head of the bulb in half and apply a few drops of tar on the cut surface, then fix the half of the onion head in a sore spot, warm it and leave it for 5-8 hours. Bulb can be replaced with a crust of black bread;
- to prepare a mixture of 45 g of bile, 20 ml of vodka and a teaspoon of shampoo or shavings of laundry soap. To steal legs and with the help of the received structure to make a compress for 8 -10 hours;
- to prepare an ointment from 100 ml of vinegar, one egg and 100 g of melted lard. The mixture must be insisted for 21 days, stirring every day. The ointment is applied to the steamed skin on a bandage basis and sealed with adhesive plaster. In case of severe burning, the bandage should be removed;
- mix the mashed potatoes with 5 ml kerosene, compress with the mixture;
- one cabbage leaf to cover with honey and attach to the heel, fix with a bandage and leave for 12 hours. For applications with honey, you can also use salt in a ratio of 1: 1, honey cakes, a mixture of honey and mummies in equal proportions;
- for local applications you can use sheets of plantain, cabbage, burdock, mother-and-stepmother. The selected leaf of any of the plants is applied to the steamed heel for 6 hours;
- prepare a gruel from fresh nettle leaves or black radish, and apply to the ankle as a normal compress;
- mix 15 ml of purified vegetable oil and 40 ml of ammonia, the resulting composition used for night compresses;
- for acute pain in the heel as a distracting and warming agent can use a mustard, which is established by the traditional method to the painful point for 10-15 minutes. In the absence of mustard plasters, you can make warming socks. In a woolen toe, dry mustard, black or red pepper must be covered, put on the sock for 20-30 minutes, with severe burning, the procedure should be interrupted;
- for the removal of pain and inflammation, you can prepare a mixture of iodine and 2 tablets of an anti-inflammatory drug( analgin, indomethacin).Tablets must be pre-crushed and placed in a solution of iodine, use after completely dissolving the tablets. The resulting composition is smeared with a painful patch or a traditional iodine mesh.
Methods of treatment by heating the feet:
- heat alcohol in the tank, avoiding ignition. If there is a lot of alcohol, you can make a foot bath until the fluid cools completely, if the amount is limited, do rubbing the affected area;
- Salt bath is prepared for steaming the feet at the rate of 1 kg of salt per bucket of water, before use, the solution is brought to a boil. Then they soar their feet until the water cools. Instead of salt water, you can use milk whey. The procedure must be repeated for 10-12 days, daily.
To prevent re-inflammation it is necessary:
- to limit the wearing of shoes on a high platform and heels, it is advisable to choose models of shoes with a wide heel 3-4 cm high;
- to reduce body weight in the presence of excess weight;
- avoid prolonged standing, traumatism of the calcaneus, weight lifting;
- use orthopedic insoles and heel pads in shoes to unload the foot.
Treatment of calcaneal spur
Recently, hepatic spurs( plantar fasciitis) are considered a very common disease. It is an inflammation of the aponeurosis, which supports the arch of the foot and connects the calcaneus to the anterior part of the foot. Fascite is a small growth on the foot, which looks like a spike. When pressing, soft tissues are compressed, which leads to excruciating pain. To eliminate discomfort and acute pain, correct and timely treatment of the heel spur is necessary.
Treatment of calcaneal spurs at home
To determine the cause and complete removal of the heel spur, you need to see a doctor, undergo procedures to identify the disease and pass the appropriate tests( for example, in chlamydia, rheumatoid arthritis or gout).But you can not endure the pain until you find out the causes of the calcaneal spur and you do not need to get the appropriate doctor's prescriptions, you can yourself anesthetize the spur and at home.
- First of all, it is worth to reduce the load( or remove it at all) from the sole where there is a spur. To do this simply, it will require a rubber roller or "horseshoe", cut out of rubber. Such accessories are stacked or glued to the shoes so that there is space between the heel and the shoes. This will significantly reduce the load and ease the pain.
- At home, you can use a variety of anti-inflammatory drugs. Often, for these purposes, doctors prescribe gel Doloben or indomethacin ointment.
- The treatment of medical bile is used. You can buy such bile in almost every pharmacy. From this drug should do lotions for the whole night. After waking, the compress is removed, and the heel should be rubbed with lotion or boric alcohol. After a few procedures, you will be able to observe changes for the better and relief.
- At home, traditional medicine, iodine treatment( drawing of a reticulum) or baths( which are very undesirable to use in the first stages of the disease, so as not to aggravate the situation) are also used.
Treatment with folk remedies
Medical technologies are actively developing, but some people use at home folk remedies for treating calcaneal spurs. The following methods and recipes are considered the most common:
- Steam your feet in warm water for 15 minutes, and then apply a mixture of chicken bile, shampoo and alcohol( in a ratio of 40: 5: 20 g).Put on the cellophane and sock. It is advisable to leave such a compress for the night or at least 6 hours.
- Make a tincture from the root of the iris, ground on a blender or meat grinder( 300 g), and alcohol 30 ml. Pour the mixture into a glass container, cover it tightly and leave to stand for 2 weeks. After it is worth doing with this tincture compresses, alternating every other day with vaseline applications. The course of treatment is 20 days( 10 sessions).
- Pour onion husks vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio and let it brew for two weeks. Apply the mixture on the foot( about 1 cm), wrap it with cellophane and put on a warm sock. It is not recommended to conduct more than 6 sessions in a row. In between, it would be nice to lubricate the heel with a special cream or butter.
- The mush of ripe walnuts should be applied daily to the foot with the heel spur, leaving a compress for the night.
When intending to heal the heel spur at home, remember: not always such self-activity leads to positive results. If after the procedures you do not notice improvement, you did not manage to stop the pain syndrome or becomes worse, we recommend that you consult a doctor. You will be given a course of necessary procedures and recommend medication.
For the treatment of painful heel spurs, the doctor will most likely prescribe pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs. These include novocaine, dimexide, potassium iodide, hydrocortisone. To improve the perception of the body of these drugs, often use electrophoresis.
Recently, it has become very popular to treat the calcaneal spur using a vitaifon apparatus, which has a vibroacoustic effect directly to the site of inflammation. Due to this influence, lymph circulation in the foot improves and the inflamed cells disintegrate. But it is worth remembering, the effect of this effect is temporary, because the spur does not collapse, but temporary relief comes. Ideally use the device to prevent spurs.
Drug blockade - an injection of painkillers and inflammatory drugs that is taken directly to the site of the lesion. The procedure must be performed by a specialist in order not to damage the ligaments and tendons of the calf muscles.
Ointments from heel spurs
Treating heel spurs is possible using a variety of ointments, which must also be applied correctly to get the maximum effect. Ointment should be applied to the steamed heel and carefully rub it into the skin. Use the cream for at least 2 weeks. Ointments soften the skin, remove inflammation, relieve pain and improve blood circulation in the foot.
To treat heel spurs used as steroid-containing drugs, and non-steroidal( anti-inflammatory), for example, butadione, flexin, voltaren. Hydrocortisone ointment( a hormonal drug) is used to improve the condition of vessels located near the spur. The course of treatment is 14 days, the ointment should be applied several times a day.
A good effect on the spur is provided with ointments containing extracts of vegetable or animal origin. For example, "Tiger eye Orto", "Golden mustache", "Shark fat", etc.
Treatment by shock wave therapy
Shock-and-beam therapy is a modern technique for combating the heel spur. This is a procedure with the use of special technologies aimed at reducing painful sensations. The principle of operation consists in the influence on the bone growth( osteophyte) of ultrasonic waves with a certain frequency.
The benefits of this method include the effectiveness and almost complete absence of side effects. You do not have to go to the hospital to undergo treatment. It eliminates the need for surgical intervention( operation).
It is worth noting - treatment shock wave therapy is not suitable for everyone. Contraindications to the application of the method are as follows:
- acute infectious diseases, intoxication of the body
- nervous system disorders
- blood clotting disorder
- cardiovascular disease, low blood pressure
To exclude all contraindications, it is worth consulting with the doctor. The question of the application of the method is solved individually with each patient.
Often for the struggle with spurs radiation and laser therapy, magnetotherapy is used.
Treatment: calcaneal spur in children
Many believe that heel spurs are the lot of people of advanced age. But, alas. This is not true. Often there are cases of detection of pathology in children. As a rule, these are overweight children or those who are actively involved in sports. The foot in children under the age of 17 years is plastic and easily deformed, which can lead to flat feet.
It is important to buy a child's shoes, taking into account the anatomical features of the foot structure. The heel should be raised by a maximum of 2 cm and should preferably be anatomical. Children should not wear high-heeled shoes.
If you have identified a heel spur in your child, you should immediately go to a medical institution and do not delay treatment. Because of pain during walking, it is possible to hold a stiff gait, which can lead to problems with posture, scoliosis, inflammation of the joints and others. The system of treatment of the disease in children is similar to the treatment of adults, only the doses will be different.
The causes of calcaneal spurs
The main causes of heel spurs are:
- large heel loads( especially with flatfoot)
- age changes
- excessive loads resulting from sports activities
- common diseases and poor body condition
- stretching of the fascia, resulting in inflammation,deposition of calcium salts( calcification) and build-up of build-up
- complications after trauma
Evidence of a heelsecond spur is considered a sharp pain in the heel when walking, pain on palpation of the heel, changing gait.
To find out what a calcaneal spur is from a physician's point of view, see the following video instruction:
The first symptom of the heel spur is an acute burning pain during a support on the heel. Typically, there is such pain in the morning after sleep, after a resting state. It is worth noting, the size of the spur does not affect the strength of pain. The level of painful sensations depends on the location of the spur: the closer it is to the nerve endings, the greater the pain.
For the diagnosis of calcaneal spur, the following complaints are necessary:
- pain in the heel in the mornings and after a long resting state
- pain after walking or running
- pain relief as the person paces
- pain when you press a finger on the heel
To confirm the diagnosis, an x-ray, and in some cases an ultrasoundstudy. As the spur in the photo looks, you can look at the presented photo.
To prevent the development of the heel spur, preventive measures must be taken. Here is a list of what needs to be done to prevent this disease.
- Fight with excess weight( with diet, gymnastics).
- Daily maintain moderate motor activity.
- Do not overload the foot.
Heel spur( plantar fasciitis, plantar fasciitis) is a foot disease that manifests itself by inflammation of the aponeurosis supporting the longitudinal arch of the foot and the resulting bone protrusion on the heel. Inflammation often affects surrounding soft tissues, periostitis and mucous bags.
The pain experienced by the person who developed plantar fasciitis often becomes the reason for going to the doctor. Treatment is aimed at suppressing inflammation, and can be carried out in many ways. To determine how to treat a heel spur in each individual patient, the doctor takes into account his age and general health, as well as individual needs.
Causes of calcaneal spur
The immediate cause of calcaneal spur is excessive stretching of the plantar fascia and its micro-snaps at the place of attachment to the heel. As a consequence, aseptic inflammation, deposition of calcium salts, and build-up of growth are developed here. To this position lead to excess weight, relaxation of the ligamentous apparatus of the foot, an increase in the calf muscle tone, leg joint disease, long walking, running on an even plane, uncomfortable( not anatomical) shoes, etc. As a rule, a patient with a spur has symptoms of longitudinal flatfoot.
Symptoms of the calcaneal spur
The leading symptom of the heel spur is the pain in the heel, which manifests itself in the morning with the first support on the foot, after a long walk, jumping, standing, or after wearing larger shoes.
These symptoms are the result of inflammation of the fascia and mucous bags of the foot.
When palpation occurs, pain occurs when pressing on the side of the heel, on the arch of the foot, less often on the ankle.
X-ray symptom: a bone outgrowth on the heel in the form of a spur.
Treating the calcaneal spur
Treatment is conservative, prolonged. For pain in the heel, consult a surgeon. To date, there are the following treatment methods:
- Shockwave therapy is a modern and effective method of treating heel spurs. The principle of action consists in the impact on the spur of ultrasonic waves, which are pulsed. The method has contraindications: pregnancy, blood clotting disorders, oncological diseases.
- X-ray therapy: exposure to the focus of inflammation with X-rays. For the same purpose, use high-frequency currents( UHF), laser therapy, magnetotherapy.
- Use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs: hydrocortisone, novocaine, potassium iodide. To facilitate the delivery of the drug to the site of inflammation, use electrophoresis.
- Drug blockades, by injecting anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs directly into the site of inflammation. The procedure should be performed by a surgeon, since there is a high risk of injury to the needle of the ligament of the foot or the tendon of the gastrocnemius muscle, or infection. The method allows to achieve a stable remission for several years.
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments, compresses, trays, etc.
- Changing the regime of loads on the foot, regular massages, exercise therapy, wearing orthopedic insoles, soft heels.
Heel spur during pregnancy
Due to physiological softening of the ligaments during pregnancy, a significant increase in body weight, pregnant women become prone to the development of the calcaneal spur. Therefore, during this period, special attention should be given to prevention: to do daily foot massage, to stand less in one place( especially in the third trimester), to eat fully. It is important that during pregnancy the woman has comfortable shoes with a heel lift of 2-4cm. It is advisable to use a preventive insoles-arch supports. Treating the calcaneal spur during pregnancy is not desirable, as this may affect the course of pregnancy. It should be limited to pain medication, foot massage, changes in the motor regime, the use of individually manufactured orthopedic insoles with a soft cushion under the heel.
Appearance of calcaneal spur in child
Children who are overweight, grow rapidly, exercise, have a high risk of calcaneal spurs. The ligaments of the foot are not strong enough to resist the increased loads for a long time. In addition, until the age of 16-18, the foot is very plastic, and easily deformable, so flatfoot arises easier. With increased need for nutrients( with intensive growth of a child), bones and joint-ligaments can suffer, which leads to the development of foot and spine diseases.
It is important that children's shoes are matched to the anatomical features of each age. So, for the first steps, when the child still has a fat pad in the arch of the foot, you should buy shoes with a regular even footbed, and a raised heel level of 2 cm. Provided that the child was born with a healthy foot. In the future, depending on the individual needs and condition of the baby's foot, you can select shoes that will have a preventive function, or choose orthopedic insoles.
All these decisions must be taken in conjunction with an orthopedic physician. The sole of any footwear should not be flat, as, for example, in sneakers or ballet shoes, the heel is not more than 3cm. Accustom the child's foot to quality footwear from early childhood. Do not take worn shoes and sandals: each child's foot tramples the insole individually. In extreme cases, you should replace the insole.
If the child has a calcaneal spur, it should be started as early as possible. Due to the constrained gait that arises from the painful sensations in the foot, the child may develop impaired posture, scoliosis, and inflammation of the joints of the legs. The program for treating the heel spur in children is the same as for adults.
Treating the calcaneal spur with home remedies
Recipe 1. Treating the calcaneal spur with chicken bile.
Mix 40g of chicken bile with 20g of vodka, add 5g of any shampoo. Steam your feet in the basin with hot water for 15 minutes, then attach to the sole of your foot a linen napkin soaked in the healing mixture, cover it with cellophane, and put on socks. Leave the compress for eight hours( preferably overnight).
Recipe 2. Treatment of fasciitis with onion tincture.
Onion husk fill with vinegar( ratio 1: 1), and insist under a tight lid for two weeks. Use the obtained medicinal mass for compresses: apply a layer of 1 cm thick on the diseased foot, cover with oilcloth and put on warm socks. Hold the compress for eight hours. Carry out procedures daily, until recovery( but no more than six times in a row).In the interval between the procedures, lubricate the feet with a foot cream or special oil.
Recipe 3. Remedy for calcaneal spur from garden iris.
300g of garden iris root, grind in a blender( or meat grinder), pour 300ml of medical alcohol, close the lid in a glass container and insist 15 days in a dark place.
Use the tincture for compresses: moisten the gauze napkin in the tincture and attach to the foot, protecting the compress with cellophane and warming with a warm toe. Do this procedure every other day, in breaks applying to this stop applications of Vaseline. The course of treatment - 10 compresses( 20 days).
Recipe 4. Treatment of fasciitis with nuts.
Every day, prepare a gruel from ripe walnuts and apply it to a sick heel and a foot in the form of an applique, protecting from above with parchment paper and fixing with plaster. Leave the medicine overnight.
Continue treatment until recovery. At home, treatment of the heel spur nuts can be combined with the recipe number 3, in each following day after the application of the iris tincture.
Prevention of calcaneal spur
Take care of your feet before you have problems with their health. Once a week, spend relaxing baths, baths with sea salt and essential oils. Do a foot massage at least twice a week, using any massage oil or cream. Wear comfortable shoes. Do not wear shoes with high heels for too long: this helps to increase the tone of the calf muscles, deformation of the foot. Make sure that the load on your feet is uniform and dosed.
If you have flat feet, periodically put orthopedic insoles into shoes, do not walk or stand for long periods;Do not wear weights. Massage your feet daily. Regularly visit the orthopedist for preventive examinations.
Heel spur: treatment with folk remedies |ABC of health
The main symptom of the calcaneal spur is a strong, sharp abdomen in the heel that appears after a dream, then it weakens after some movement, and again intensifies toward evening. This pattern of pain is due to the fact that at night the fissure microfractures coalesce with the shortening( since in the lying position of the foot is not at a right angle to the shin) and when the person rises, microfracture occurs again, as the fascia moves, the pain decreases, but by the evening from the load again increases due to new micro-ruptures.
Without physiotherapy, medical treatment, special gymnastics for stretching the fascia( only 5 exercises), wearing insoles, using nocturnal braces, because of pain and a "nail driven into the heel", a person begins to limp, and if both are struckfoot, then almost can not walk.
Spur can not be seen externally, but it can be seen on the x-ray.
So, the pain in the heel arises not only from the bone build-up, but also due to the microfracture of the plantar fascia and its shortening, therefore, an important condition for successful treatment is the performance of special exercises, the typing and use of orthoses, and anti-inflammatory ointments( see NSAIDs in the form of ointmentsfrom pain), ointments of dietary supplements, physiotherapy, massage, wearing special insoles( see details on these methods of treatment in the article Than to treat a spur on the heel).
Nature will help in the treatment of
Treatment of the spur of the heel by walking barefoot - resorption of the spur, reduction of edema and inflammation
A method that is tested by our grandmothers. It is very useful, not only for patients with a calcaneal spur, walking barefoot on fine sand, but also on grass, especially with dew, in the early morning hours. Walking should bring pleasure - you need to relax and calmly move around the sand or vegetation. Do not run, jump or commit any more violent tricks. This pleasant procedure should be done for 40 minutes every morning, preferably during all three summer months.
Home treatment for heel spurs with hot sand - reducing inflammatory reaction and pain manifestations
Sand perfectly keeps heat, and the heat warms up literally to the bone. The ideal place for treatment is the seashore, where, buried in the hot sand, you can enjoy rest. Alternatively, you can take small river or sea sand( or salt), warm it in the oven and immerse the sick leg there until the sand cools. The procedure is carried out overnight for a long time, especially at times of exacerbation of the disease.
Treatment with metals - elimination of pain and inflammation
Aluminum and copper are positively acting on the heel spur. During the day, a piece of aluminum foil should be kept under the heel. If there are copper plates at home( a plate, basin) - it is recommended to heat it and put the heel on the widest surface, keeping it until the dishes cool down completely. There are no restrictions on the duration of such treatment. At night, you can do a drug application with tincture mummy and sabelnik, badger fat under the foil - for 1 month.
Heel spurs treated with folicle Bischofite - suspension of the process, resorption of spurs
Bischofite contains many minerals and nutrients and is a substance of natural origin. It is very important to comply with the rules for using bischofite: the heel should be warmed in warm water or with a heating pad for 5 minutes, then a cloth from several layers of gauze is moistened in brine or bischofite gel and applied to the entire surface of the heel. Top cover with cellophane or wax paper, wear a sock. The compress is left overnight, and after awakening, the foot is removed and washed with water. Compresses are applied every other day by a course of 15 procedures.
Salt treatment - pain relief and inflammation, sprout growth prevention
- Pour large salt in the oven and warm it with a heel, immersing the foot in a container with salt. Soak until the salt cools. You can perform the procedure on a daily basis.
- Take 1 tbsp.fine salt, add 10 ml of alcohol tincture of iodine and 1 tbsp.honey. The mixture should be applied to the sick heel in the form of a compress, and in the morning resemble a compress on the foot of 15 minutes. Repeat the procedure at least 2 times a week.
- In 5 liters of water, dissolve a kilogram of salt and boil the solution. Cool the resulting solution to skin tolerance and keep the foot in it until the water cools. Course - 10 procedures with daily use.
Propolis treatment with
It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect, it is a preventative of spur growth, it has a resolving effect. To do this, a piece of propolis soften in a water bath, form a cake from it, which must be applied to the heel with the spur. Top of the propolis fixed dry tissue. The procedure can be done every day, leaving propolis at night. One piece of propolis will last for 3-4 applications.
"Zorka" cream or "Forest Strength"
"Zorka" is a veterinary drug that has amazing anti-inflammatory, wound-healing, regenerating properties. Do not be afraid that it is veterinary, it includes floralazine - a natural, natural complex of biologically active compounds, it improves metabolism and tissue trophism, microcirculation of blood, is used to treat all skin diseases, with burns, joint pains, with varicose veins, hemorrhoids,as well as with a calcaneal spur. It is necessary to smear the foot and wear socks for the night. Cream The strength of the forest is similar in composition, but costs an order of magnitude more( Zorka 60 rubles, Forest power 500 rubles).
Treating improvised means and objects
- Treating the calcaneal spur folk remedies with magnets - reducing pain and inflammation
The magnet should be large in size, roughly like a heel. In order not to buy a magnet specifically, you can remove it from an old radio receiver or other failed equipment. The procedure is best carried out at night, simply by placing the heel on the magnet for 1-1.5 hours. Duration of treatment - at least a month.
- Treating the calcaneal spur with soap - removing pain and inflammation, softening the corn
A small piece of household soap should be grated and melted on fire. Slightly cool down the mass to put on the heel in the form of a compress, tied up with cellophane, and stand all night. You need to do such procedures every day, 2-3 months in a row.
- Medical alcohol
For the treatment of calcaneal spurs folk remedies can use medical alcohol - disinfection, reducing inflammation. For this procedure, the medical alcohol needs to be gently heated to 40-45 C. Then lower the heel of the patient into warm alcohol and let it cool down( about 15 minutes).After the procedure, the leg does not need to be wiped, but let it dry. Course - 10-15 procedures every other day.
- Massage with conventional rolling pin - sprout growth prevention, improvement of blood circulation
It is recommended to roll an ordinary kitchen pinch with a heel every evening. The procedure should not cause discomfort and pain. Enough 10-15 minutes of massage. After the massage, put the compress on the heel and leave it for the whole night.
- Baby cream, egg, vinegar
The usual children's cream is squeezed out into a container, 1 egg is added, then thoroughly mixed, 1 tbsp is added.spoon of acetic essence( not a full spoon), once again well mixed. The received ointment is transferred in a jar. In the evening after the salty foot bath is not hot, but comfortable temperature, a thick layer of rubbing the heel with this ointment, a cellophane bag and a sock top are put on, a bag is removed in the morning and feet should be washed. Already after 3 procedures the pain subsides, you should use the entire jar.
Treatment with medicinal plants
- Onion and garlic
With calcaneal spur the folk methods of onion and garlic treatment are effective - pain and inflammation removal, prevention of infection:
- Grate the garlic head( or 3-4 large teeth) on a fine grater,-4 hours sick heel. If the procedure is carried well, there is no burning sensation - repeat after two to three days.- Cut the head of the onion( bitter) in half and drop one drop of tar onto the surface of the cut. Tie half the bulb to the diseased heel for a few hours. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a week.
- Treatment with decoction of horseradish - pain and inflammation removal, softening of the callus, suspension of spur
Leaves or roots of horseradish should be boiled for 5 minutes( per liter of water 100 grams of raw material).Then, the broth slightly cool and lower the diseased part of the leg into it, until the water becomes cool. The procedure is repeated twice a week.
- Treatment with fresh leaves of burdock, coltsfoot, plantain or cabbage - prevention of infection, anti-inflammatory effect of
Fresh leaf of any of the listed plants is tied to a sick heel at night. Apply several times a week.
- Treatment with infusion of cranberry leaves inside - excretion of
salts This drink can be used instead of tea. For 1 liter of boiled water, 2 tablespoons are sufficient.dry leaves. The infusion is consumed daily, dividing the indicated volume by 2-3 doses.
- Treatment with compresses from the tincture of elderberry berries - anesthesia, reducing inflammation
To fill the Lithuanian jar with 3/4 of the volume with fresh berries of the plant, top up the medical alcohol and insist the mixture for 1 week. In the received infusion, moisten the gauze napkin and apply to the sick heel in the form of a compress for the night. Apply once or twice a week.
- Treatment with compresses from the tea mushroom - pain and inflammation removal, prevention of infection
Put a proportionate piece of a tea mushroom on the previously steamed heel and fix it with wax paper. The compress is left overnight. Repeat the procedure 1-2 times a week.
- Treatment with compresses from potatoes - softening of the callus, elimination of inflammatory swelling and pain
Potatoes must be put on a sunny place for a day or two before they become green, so that it turns green. Then rub it together with the skin on a small grater and attach it to the aching heel in the form of a compress. The procedure is carried out at night, in the morning the compress is removed. Course - 10 procedures with daily use.
Most often intense pain in the heel area begin to bother in the second half of life. People with excessive body weight suffer from this ailment several times more often than slender ones. Those who love high heels or shoes with a very low heel forget about pains in the foot area much less often than those who prefer heels 2 to 4 cm high.
What is a "calcaneal spur"
Most often in medicine, under the calcaneal spur is meant a plantar fasciitis,when for some reason the powerful fascia of the sole, which extends from the heel to the toes of the foot( more precisely from the calcaneus to the metatarsus of the metatarsal bones), is inflamed. If the process goes too far, impregnation with calcium salts of the inflamed area( calcification) and the growth of small bone formations-osteophytes-can occur.
Why the spuris formed
Under normal conditions when walking, the plantar surface of the foot experiences maximum load. In this case, about half of all the exposures fall precisely on the heel hill and the portion of the aforementioned fascia attached to it, on which microscopic cracks and tears are formed. As a rule, they heal independently, but if they are formed very much, the plantar fascia strongly inflames and the person begins to feel pain.
Overweight, high-heeled shoes increase the load on the heel of the knee( for this reason women suffer from pain in the heel more often than men).Also flat feet, various curvatures of the spine can change the gait and redistribute the weight on the feet, increasing the impact on the heel hill.
Chronic latent infections, rheumatic diseases or accompanied by a metabolic disorder( eg, chlamydia, rheumatoid arthritis and gout) may contribute to the appearance of plantar fasciitis even in cases where the foot is not subjected to increased loads.
Sometimes heel spurs can be observed among sports fans( especially athletes), if they wear uncomfortable shoes.
If the inflammation of the fascia lasts a long time, then reactive bone formation( osteophytes) or simply deposition of calcium salts( calcinosis) may appear.
How the "heel spur"
appears If the inflammation is relatively small, a person can millet feel the pain in the heel area, especially at the first steps after awakening. During the day, this pain may disappear, and by the evening appear again. It is these symptoms that can be the first signs of the appearance of the heel spur, so you should immediately see the doctor to establish the exact cause of these pains( heel spur formation, arthritis, etc.)
If the inflammation progresses, the pain intensifies and the person complains that heas if "a nail was hammered into the heel", begins to limp( sparing a sick leg).If the heel spurs appear immediately on both lower limbs, then the patient can not walk at all, except on socks only.
Treating the calcaneal spur at home
The first thing to do is to see a doctor in order to clarify and eliminate the cause of the pain in the heel. To do this, sometimes you need to take an x-ray of your foot or go through an ultrasound. With rheumatoid arthritis, chlamydia or gout, you will most likely have to pass an appropriate blood test.
Before finding out the reason for alleviating the general condition, it is necessary to remove the load from the inflamed part of the foot as much as possible. This can be done by placing a rubber cushion in the shoes in such a way that, when resting on a sick leg, the "spur" does not come into contact with anything. If desired, you can cut out the "horseshoe" made of soft porous rubber and glue it to your home slippers so that the gap between the inflamed tissues and the shoe insole is preserved. In this case the inflammation passes quickly enough.
The second thing that can be done at home is to lubricate the area of the sole of the foot with any means that relieves inflammation. More often for this purpose use medications after a proper consultation with a doctor: doloben, indometacin ointment and other means. Vannochki and other thermal procedures are good at later periods, because at the very beginning of the inflammatory process, they can increase the pain syndrome and swelling of surrounding tissues.
If the basis for the appearance of heel spurs is any disease, then it is necessary not only to treat the spinal spur directly, but also to undergo treatment for the underlying disease.
What is heel spur? Causes of
The heel spur is characterized by bony growths that appear on the calcaneus. These growths have a medical name-exostosis. Often they appear at the site of fixation of the plantar ligament, not so often at the attachment point of the calcaneal tendon( posterior and anterior spur).With neglected forms of the disease, swelling and edema appear, abscesses form around the cracks. The factors for the appearance of exostoses can be different.
Main causes of calcaneal spurs:
- flat feet,
- wearing high heels,
- excess weight,
- diabetes mellitus and metabolic disorders,
- fungal infection stop,
- gastrointestinal diseases.
The tendinous tissue in the place of its attachment to the bone loses its elasticity, there are invisible cracks that inflame, provoking pain. And any disease with time only aggravated. In place of injured tissue, scars appear, in which calcium compounds accumulate. Sore place ossifies, turning into a bone growth, this is the spurs. Sometimes such growths can have an infectious origin, due to the transferred diseases-angina, rheumatism, influenza.
Heel spurs often appear in athletes, and is associated with heavy physical exertion and leg injuries. They are at risk, they are recommended to wear special shoes that support the arches of the foot. Often heel spurs are diagnosed in people in adulthood. The causes of appearance at this age are gout, osteoporosis, microcracks in the place of fixation of the ligament to the bone, flat feet. In children this spurs are observed in rare cases.
Nearly all patients are treated for medical care when the disease process has already developed. Classical complaint is pain in the heel. A characteristic symptom is increased pain when the feet are bent. As a rule, recognition of the calcaneal spur is performed with the help of X-ray diagnostics.
Flattening is one of the main reasons for the appearance of the calcaneal spur. It is necessary to take measures to correct and prevent heel spurs:
- is massage,
- foot baths( conifers, salt, contrast),
- special gymnastics,
- quality shoes.
Special attention should be paid to shoes. Qualitative, correct footwear means the presence of a heel no more than 5 cm, the load on the feet should be distributed evenly. The constant wearing of shoes with high heels is prohibited! In addition, to prevent exacerbations of the disease, you need to reduce excess weight. If as a result of any disease appeared calcaneal spur, treatment with medications should begin with a concomitant disease.
Treating the calcaneal spur medicamentously
First of all, you need to get an appointment with a doctor, so that the expert has an accurate diagnosis that it is a calcaneal spur and how to treat it medically. Complex treatment includes tablets and ointments that will help relieve inflammation and pain. If pain can not be tolerated, and you need to walk a lot, botulinum toxin is injected into the area of the tendon tissue. After a few minutes, the pain passes, and discomfort is removed when walking.
As a supplement, doctors recommend to buy special instep arresters, which are inserted into the shoes so that leaning on the aching foot, there was no contact with anything in the spur.
At the stage of exacerbation you need peace, cool lotions, at night, medical bile with a heel spur in the form of a warming compress. Treating the calcaneal spur with medical bile is done as follows:
Put a foot with a sick heel into hot water, steam it off for 20 minutes, then dry it dry, apply cotton wool impregnated with bile, fix it with a bandage, wrap it with polyethylene, put on a warm sock. The leg in this condition is left overnight. The procedure is performed every day, at night, until the symptoms of pain disappear.
One of the most effective is a patch for treating the heel spur, consisting of medicinal herbs and active ingredients. These substances can relieve pain and inflammation. The patch with heel spur is fixed on the clean and dry surface of the affected foot for a day, then it must be changed to a new one. The duration of treatment with patch is 10-15 days. Also, a doctor can prescribe electrophoresis with a medicine( hydrocortisone, novocaine), as a method, X-ray therapy is used with a calcaneal spur.
how to heal a heel spur at home
At one time she herself suffered from terrible pain for a long time, she could not step. People suggested recipes, I learned what a heel spur. Treatment with folk remedies and many recipes have been tried on oneself. Here is a selection of recipes, which will certainly ease the painful condition, and the therapeutic effect will be much stronger if taken in combination baths and applications. Treating the calcaneal spur at home is long, so do not wait for immediate relief immediately. Let's look at how to heal the heel spur on your own.
- Reduces inflammation of saline baths, per liter of hot water 2 tbsp.spoons of salt, or one st.a spoonful of salt and soda. Soda softens the tissues, salt relieves pain and inflammation.
- Contrast baths for calcaneal spur. In one pelvis pour cold, in another hot water. Alternately, walk from one container to another. In hot water, stand about 2 minutes, in a cold not more than 10 seconds. Contrasting baths stimulate blood supply and strengthen the vessels on the legs.
- Foot bath with chamomile. In the pelvis pour hot water, throw there 2 bags of chamomile. Wait until the chamomile is fed. Take a bath for the feet for at least 20 minutes.
- Trays with starch. For each liter of warm water add a tablespoon of starch. Keep feet for 30 minutes daily until the cracks disappear.
- Treatment of banana mask. Two bananas are well stretched. Apply on the heels and hold for 15 minutes.
- Dressing from Vaseline. Before going to sleep, heal the heels and apply petrolatum or petrolatum oil to them. Wrap the bandage, put on cotton socks. Instead of vaseline, you can use any vegetable oil. The bandage should be done every day for 14 consecutive days.
- Compress for heels with honey. If there is no allergy to honey, you can heal their heels. On the steamed feet, put a bandage, with soaked honey, overnight. In the morning wash off and grease with baby cream.
- Treatment with household soap. To rub soapy heels of legs for the night with soap. In the morning, wash the soap and moisten it with any oil or cream.
- To reduce pain to the heel with a calcaneal spur, apply a plate of lard, or rub in a sore spot bearish, badger fat.
- On a small grater, rub the raw potatoes, gruel to wrap in several layers of gauze, fixing on the heel. Similarly, treatment of calcaneal spur with raw black radish.
- Rub the sore spot with turpentine, put on a cotton sock, over-woolen. Treatment spurs to spend before bed, from 7 to 14 days, then break. Repeat if necessary.
- Smear honey cabbage leaf, apply to the diseased heel and fix it for the night. Warm your feet with water in the morning, repeat 3 times.
- Take a piece of propolis, make a cake from it, attach it to the spur, fix it with a plaster, put on a sock. In the evening, remove the plaster with propolis, moisten with vodka, reattach. On the fifth day the pain must go away, and the spurs no longer bother.
- Take under art.a spoonful of dry mustard, any vegetable oil, 70% of acetic essence, mix, put the mass on a rag, put it on the heel for half an hour. Then take off, wash your foot with warm water. After about two weeks spurs stop worrying. Do not be afraid of a burn, acetic essence combined with mustard and vegetable oil during this time, the skin does not burn. This recipe I applied myself, experienced it myself and my relatives, all helped. Treatment in the summer with a burdock. In the beginning, I just tied the burdock leaves to my heels, it did not help me. I decided to go on burdock. The whole day I'm at the dacha, so I put the leaves in the garden galoshes, so I went. In the afternoon the sheet turned black, the juice absorbed into the feet, again stuffed the leaves. Usually enough four days to prevent the spurs.
Ointment from the calcaneal spur
And I want to share advice if you have tried medication of the calcaneal spur and nothing helps, use this recipe. Ointment for treatment of the calcaneal spur is prepared as follows:
Take the chicken yolk( preferably from poultry), add 1 tbsp.spoonful of any natural honey, grind carefully. Put the mixture in a jar, put it in the refrigerator( not a freezer!).In the evening, steam up your legs, wipe dry, make a compress on your heels, wrap your feet up in the morning in heat. Wash your feet in the morning with warm water. The procedure is done until the ointment is finished. The ointment is applied a little warmed up so that the legs are not cold.
Heel spur- treatment with folk remedies iodine
- Bath with iodine and soda. One st. Spoon soda and 15 drops of iodine diluted in 3 liters of hot water, take the procedure until the water cools.
- Pour the iodine into a shallow vessel, into it for a few minutes, dip the heel, then fix the gauze bandage, put on the sock. Treatment without interruption-10 days, a burn is possible, so you can apply just an iodine grid.
- Mix 5 small vials of iodine, a teaspoon of extra salt and 80 gr.honey. Composition put on cotton wool, attach to the heel, top to wrap in a cellophane bag, leave for the night. It will take 10 procedures, the pain goes away.
And another universal remedy for spurs on the heels.
At the bottom of the basin, fill in pebbles of round shape, fill the tank to half with water at room temperature, pour in 5 tbsp.l.sea salt, trample the stones for 10-15 minutes, walk forward and backward. Do "walking" several times a day, for two weeks. The method massages the inflamed places, eliminates puffiness. This procedure is an excellent prophylaxis of the disease, and at the initial stage, an effective treatment of the calcaneal spur.
At home, you can massage the heels with a roller foot massager, it helps to break the bony growth. If it is not available, use a simple device-a bead with a diameter of one cm, put it in a plastic cover, cover it with a cloth, and actively roll the bead with a heel. Tried-it helps!
Before deciding how to treat the heel spur folk remedies, visit the doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Not always our desire to cope on our own with the disease, has a good result! After consulting with the doctor to treat the heel spur, you can choose any of these tools, they are all very effective. The results will be on your heels.