The course of exercise therapy for coxarthrosis of the hip joint: video
Coxarthrosis is a serious disease that requires complex treatment. The patient can be helped by swimming, exercise therapy, moderate exercise. The course of treatment is prescribed by a doctor, and the intensity of the exercise is determined depending on the degree of development of the disease. In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is very important to exert a correct influence on the damaged apparatus. It prevents the fusion of the damaged joint and promotes the preservation of mobility. All exercises must be performed correctly and do not overload the body. Otherwise, such actions may harm the patient.
Rules for performing gymnastic exercises
For coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to perform an exercise course, which is aimed at the rehabilitation of damaged areas. To date, there are various video tutorials that clearly show how best to perform the exercises. It is advisable for the patient to spend the first few sessions with the trainer, which will tell you how to correctly perform the elements, and correct your mistakes. But the use of video during training is also welcome.
All the elements in the hip injury should be performed slowly, without strong jerks. A damaged device must be developed, rather than injured even more. Most of the elements are not dynamic, but static. Accompany such a charge can be swimming and massage. Visiting a masseur( or doing the manipulation himself) is best before and after classes. If the physical therapy is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the affected area, it is best to interrupt for a while, to abandon the exercise of an exercise that provokes pain, and stretch the affected area.
Patient should avoid sharp deep squats and strong range of movements. This can contribute to poor health. With coxarthrosis, it is important to alternate physical activities with water procedures. You can not go to the pool every day, but the patient needs it. Swimming will help to develop a damaged joint. But resort to this method of treatment is possible only when the patient's condition allows it.
After the course of gymnastics the patient needs to relax well. This will help a warm bath. If you have a pain in coxarthrosis, then take a hot bath. In the water, it is advisable to perform minor movements, which will help to eliminate tension in the muscles and painful sensations in the region of the hip joint.
When performing the elements, it must be remembered that the lessons should be regular, and the loadings should be moderate. If the patient experiences severe severe pain when performing the element, then this exercise should be removed from the general course. Painful sensations indicate that the joint can not withstand such a load, accordingly, the exercise has a harmful effect.
Exercise Complex LFK
This program is the most common and includes exercises designed specifically to improve the patient's health. With coxarthrosis, the performance of such elements is mandatory. It is worth considering that the doctor can choose an individual course of study, consisting of these exercises. All elements are made from three positions: lying on the back, lying on the stomach and standing.
If the hip joints are damaged, the course of the gymnastics starts from the supine position. The patient should stretch his arms and legs, stabilize his breathing. This is the initial position in exercise therapy. On inhalation, stretch your palms up, and on exhalation lower them. The element must be made 7 times. After that, go back to the starting position and perform an exercise to develop the knee and hip joints. Variably bend and unbend legs in the knees. Pull the heels to the pelvis and do not tear them from the floor. The element must be executed 10 times. The following exercise is important for the development of the hip joint. Go back to the starting position and turn inside the left leg. Then repeat the element with the other foot. Perform 7 turns with each limb.
Exercises lying on the stomach
For further kneading of the hip joint, it is necessary to roll over on the abdomen. Put your hands on your waist. Raise the head and the humerus by 5 cm from the floor. Hold in this position for 4-5 seconds. During this time, the patient should feel how the muscles of the entire body, including the thighs, strain. Make the element 5 times and go back to the original position. Now lift up your legs one by one from the floor and hold them for 3-4 seconds.
LFK in coxarthrosis includes only those exercises that are useful for patients. Fold your arms under your chest and lean on them. Squeeze the muscles in the pelvic region as much as you can. Hold in this position for 10 seconds and slowly relax. Now turn over on one side, lean on your arm and lift your foot. Take it back first, then forward and smoothly go back to its original position. If hip joints are damaged, it is important to perform the exercises slowly and carefully. Turn over on your stomach and place your arms under your chest. Slowly withdraw your legs in turns sideways and stay in this position for 3 seconds. Execute the element 10 times, alternating legs.
Exercises performed from standing position
For further kneading of the hip joints, it is necessary to stand and rest your hand on something. It can be a chair, table or wall. When the patient has taken the starting position, he needs to stand sideways to the support and begin to perform one-footed sweeping strokes forward, backward and to the side. In total, you need to make a movement 5 times. Then, to the support, you must turn the other side and perform the element again.
Return to the original position, lift one leg and make several circular movements first to the right, then to the left. It is necessary to repeat the exercise 5 times, but if the pain does not arise, then the element can be repeated. Now grasp the support with both hands( in this case it is better to use a chair), put your feet to the width of your shoulders and slowly crouch. The semi-squad should not be too deep. Movement should not cause painful sensations. Repeat the element 8 times. Return to the original position and connect the legs. Now smoothly rise on socks. Hold for 5 seconds and just as smoothly drop down. Make the element 8 times. If you regularly do this exercise, you can significantly speed up the healing process and improve your health.
What should be the therapeutic gymnastics for coxarthrosis of the hip joint?
The joints themselves are a fairly fragile structure. In their youth, we do not even think about them, considering their reliable work as something self-evident. But time goes by, the joints wear out, and the person remembers about their existence. Painful joints cause serious pain and severely limit the mobility of a person, and only then does he think about normal treatment. Fortunately, in most cases, treatment is performed without surgery, conservative methods, in which one of the most important places is therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Why does the disease develop?
Why does this happen? A healthy hip joint is very similar in structure to a hinge covered with cartilage. It is thanks to this cartilage and a certain "lubrication", located in the joint, provides the necessary freedom of movement. With age, the composition of this "lubricant" changes, it becomes smaller, as a result of increased friction and begins to thin out cartilage tissue. The result is the deformation of the cartilage.
Man's joints "wear out" over time. .
As a result of all that is happening, a person begins to feel pain in the joint and begins to redistribute the load, protecting the aching leg. But this leads to the fact that the muscles on the aching leg begin to gradually weaken and atrophy, and the pain only intensifies.
Given the habit of our people to engage in self-medication and pull "to the last" with a hike to the doctor, then we have an extremely unpleasant situation when people have to be treated already in the late stages of the disease. The process of deformation and destruction of cartilage at this stage is very difficult to stop, so you have to prescribe a lot of drugs that must anesthetize, relieve muscle spasm and inflammation of the joint, and help restore the affected cartilage tissue. But this is not enough, the joint should be developed, the muscles should be maintained in a normal state, otherwise the leg and after the treatment will not be able to function normally. A key role at this stage, as well as throughout the treatment, is therapeutic exercise.
Specificity of therapeutic exercises
Treatment of coxarthrosis in general is a rather complex and lengthy process. But a very important place in this process is curative gymnastics in case of hip joint disease. It is this that prevents the joint from growing joints and keeps mobility in it.
Naturally, you need to consider that the exercises will be performed with the affected joint, while they must help the patient, and not harm. That is why exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint have a certain specificity.
Features of performance of medical gymnastics
Such exercises can not be performed too vigorously and abruptly. The goal of the exercises is to develop the affected joint, rather than complicate the situation, causing additional trauma to the already aching joint. That is why the exercises are rather static, not dynamic.
It is very desirable to perform muscle massage in the hip and hip joint area before and after exercise. The same massage should be performed and with the appearance of unpleasant sensations during the performance of gymnastics.
Consider also the fact that exercises of exercise therapy performed with this disease exclude the axial load on the hip joint. Serious physical load, sharp and deep squats, excessive amplitude of movements - all these factors can lead to a serious deterioration of the situation.
A good assistant in the treatment of coxarthrosis is water. For example, swimming is very useful in this disease, regardless of whether you are swimming in the sea, the river or the pool. True, swimming can be practiced only if such an opportunity gives the physical condition of the patient. But a warm bath will make it possible to relieve unnecessary tension in the muscles and soothe the pain. Lying in it you can perform slow and smooth movements of low amplitude, so that the pain will decrease.
The most important rule that must be strictly observed during the performance of therapeutic exercises: do not perform those exercises that cause the appearance of sharp pain. The pain says that the joint can not yet perform such a task, and such an exercise, respectively, will cause harm.
Complex of exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The proposed complex is one of the most common, but it must be taken into account that the treatment of the exercise should be selected only by the attending physician, the complex is adjusted for each individual case of the disease. So:
Exercises performed lying on the back
The first "series" of exercises is performed lying on the back.
1. Hands lie along the trunk, legs are stretched. On the inhalation, we raise our hands upwards, on exhalation - lower them down. Exercise is repeated at a slow pace 6-8 times.
2. The starting position is similar to the previous exercise. It is necessary to smoothly bend and unbend your arms in elbows at a slow pace. The exercise repeats 6-8 times.
3. From the same initial position, in turn, bend and unbend legs in the knees, making sure that the heels do not come off the mat. Exercise is repeated 8-10 times.
4. The starting position is the same. Straight legs turn inwards, after which we return them to their previous position. The exercise is performed 8 times.
5. When doing the exercise, keep your hands on your waist. Watching that the heels do not come off the floor, we spread our legs to the sides, after which we return them back. The exercise is done smoothly and at a slow pace 8 times.
6. Keep your hands on your belt. With the legs we perform the exercise "bike" for 10-15 seconds at a calm and slow pace.
7. Return the hands to the position along the trunk. At the inhalation, straight arms are raised upwards, on exhalation - smoothly lowered. The exercise repeats 6 times.
Exercises carried out on the abdomen
With the further implementation of the complex the starting position changes, for which it is necessary to lie on the stomach.
8. The hands lie on the hips. You need to lift your shoulders and head, hold this position for a few seconds, then return to its original position. Exercise should be performed every two seconds as smoothly as possible 6 times.
9. The hands lie on the hips. Smoothly lift the straight legs in turn. Running 6 times.
10. In the starting position, we hold hands in front of the chest. Raise the shoulder girdle and perform 3 movements with your hands, similar to the movements when swimming in the style of "breaststroke".The exercise is performed 6 times.
11. Keep your hands in front of your chest. In the pelvic region, we contract the muscles and hold them in this position for a few seconds, after which we relax. With sufficient training, this position can be held for 10-12 seconds.
12. We change position and we lay down on a healthy side, we put a head on the arm bent in an elbow. After that, the patient leg is lifted and removed, then gently return it to its former position and relax the muscles. This exercise is performed 8 times.
Exercises performed while standing
13. Standing on a healthy leg, we rely on any stop( for example - the back of the chair) from the side of the healthy leg. After the adoption of this position, smooth( the main thing - not sharp) swings back and forth with a sick leg with a small amplitude. The size of the amplitude is determined by the pain sensations.
14. In the same initial position, we perform a circular motion with a foot. This exercise is performed smoothly 8 times.
15. We stand on both feet, leaning on the fence with both hands. Now we are doing half a squat, after which we return to the initial position. It is executed slowly 10 times.
16. From the same initial position, we rise on the toes, then smoothly drop. The exercise is performed 10 times.
Similar gymnastics is sufficiently effective provided it is properly performed. It was LFK of this type that became the basis of the method of kinesitherapy. Everyone knows the old truth: "Movement is life."Therefore, a person should not completely limit his mobility, this never leads to positive results. Much more meaning has to move, but with an eye on your own well-being. This way a person can recover as quickly as possible.
However, it is very important to start treatment in time and strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor , because only a specialist can fully imagine the problem and determine the best treatment options.
Special therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis: recommendations and exercises
Gymnastics in coxarthrosis is one of the important components of the treatment of joint disease. The decision on what exercises should be performed with coxarthrosis, as well as on other compound therapies, is taken by a rheumatologist, if necessary in cooperation with a surgeon.
Stages of coxarthrosis and symptoms of
Coxarthrosis develops gradually, so it is chronic with periods of exacerbation. Clinical manifestations depend on the stage of development of arthrosis:
- The main symptoms of 1 degree of the disease: periodic pain after physical exertion in the hip, sometimes in the thigh or knee area.
- The main symptoms in the onset of 2 degrees of coxarthrosis are: pain-independent pain radiating to the inguinal region, thigh, as well as gait changes, hip mobility disorders, weakening of the muscles that divert and extend the thigh.
- Main symptoms of 3 degrees: persistent pain, severe limp, severe limitation of mobility of the hip muscles, atrophy of the calf and buttocks muscles, which leads to a gradual shortening of the diseased limb and, as a consequence, the transfer of the center of gravity and increased loads on the joint.
For the diagnosis of arthrosis of the hip joint, a consultation of a rheumatologist and an X-ray examination are necessary. After the diagnosis is clarified, it is necessary to start treatment in order to avoid complications. Only a doctor can decide on the most appropriate treatment, depending on the degree of development of the disease and the characteristics of the patient's body.
It should be remembered that the earlier the disease is diagnosed and the treatment is started, including therapeutic exercise( LFK), the more favorable the prognosis is for the patient.
Diagnosis and treatment methods
Conservative therapy is applied at the first and second stages, including medical treatment( both local and systemic), physiotherapy( electro-UHF magnetic therapy, ultrasound, laser, etc.), massage, stretching of the joints, therapeutic gymnastics, dieting, walking stick, means of alternative medicine. At the third stage of coxarthrosis, surgical treatment consisting of hip replacement is required.
Therapeutic gymnastics: the necessary recommendations
Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be prescribed only by the attending physician. Physical exercises are selected depending on the degree of development of the disease, they should not burden the affected joint and should be aimed at strengthening the muscles.
Incorrectly selected exercise therapy with coxarthrosis can lead to joint injury, so it is so important to comply with all prescriptions of the doctor.
In addition to specialized exercises, swimming is very useful.
For the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hip joint, an integrated approach is necessary: therapeutic gymnastics should be combined with other methods of treatment. The earlier the therapy was started, the better it will be for the patient's health. Therefore, if you find signs that bother you, do not delay contacting a qualified specialist.
Before proceeding directly to the performance of medical exercises, it is necessary to take into account some recommendations for the correct performance of exercise therapy:
- gymnastics should be more static, movements should not be sharp or too vigorous, with excessive amplitude, should not cause pain;
- before the exercises and after the end should be performed massage of the muscles of the thigh and hip joint;
- is completely banned: excessive physical activity, deep and sharp squats, rocking the pelvis;
- therapeutic exercises with coxarthrosis can be performed by taking a warm bath, this helps relax and relieve tension in the muscles.
After preparation, you can begin to perform the exercises.
Complex performed in the prone position
First you have to lie on your back, legs extend, hands are placed along the trunk:
- With slow inhalation, the hands rise, when exhaled - fall. The number of repetitions of the exercise is 6 - 8. This exercise is repeated again after all the exercises on the back have been performed.
- Slow flexion and extension of hands in elbows. Repeat 6 - 8 times.
- Slow flexion and extension of the legs in the knees are performed, and the heels should not come off the floor. The number of repetitions is 8-10.
- Slowly turn your legs inwards, without bending at the knees, and return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 8.
Lie on your back, legs extend, hands on belt:
- Slowly spread your legs apart, without lifting your heels off the floor, and return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 8.
- Slowly move with your feet as if riding a bike( exercise "Bike").Running time is 10 - 15 seconds.
Lie on belly, legs extend, hands on hips:
- Slowly lift head and shoulders and hold in this position for 2 - 3 seconds, return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 6.
- Slowly raise and lower your legs, without bending at the knees. Number of repetitions - 6.
Lie on belly, legs to stretch, hands in front of chest:
- Raise the upper shoulder girdle, perform by hand 3 times symmetrical movements parallel to the floor( as when swimming with the style "breaststroke"), return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 6.
- It is necessary to shorten the muscles of the pelvic girdle, to hold in this state for 10 to 12 seconds, then relax. At first, you can delay for 2 - 3 seconds, gradually increasing the time.
Lie on the side, opposite to where arthrosis develops. The hand on this side is bent at the elbow, the head lies on it. Slowly lift the aching leg and take it away, then lower it back, relax the muscles. Number of repetitions - 8.
Exercises in vertical position
Starting position: standing, legs together, lean on the back of the chair with both hands.
- Slowly make a half-saddle and also slowly return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 10.
- Slowly get up on the socks, stretching up, then slowly return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 10.
Starting position: standing, lean your hand on the side of a healthy leg on the back.
- Raise the aching leg, then make some unsharp flaps forward and backward. The number of repetitions is 10.
- Raise the aching leg, then make some unruly circular movements. The number of repetitions is 10.
In addition, a special diet should be followed and, of course, adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician. Only in this case it is possible to improve the condition.
Coxarthrosis exercises: video and recommendations
Coxarthrosis is a real misfortune in old age, as with ankylosis( complete fusion of the femoral head with the acetabulum), disability occurs - the patient is forced to move on crutches or on a wheelchair. Naturally, we must not allow such a finale. But how to be, when the medicines bring only a temporary respite from pain, but does coxarthrosis progress further, leading to the complete erasure of hyaline cartilage and deformation of TBS? Exercise for arthrosis of the hip joint can become an exit.
Exercises for coxarthrosis allow to preserve the mobility of TBS and prevent the development of muscular atrophy
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Gymnastics is the fundamental basis of this method of treatment of the patient's spine and joints, like kinesitherapy( motion treatment)
Deforming arthrosis is always accompanied by pain, The patient, trying to avoid the pain symptom, relieves the load on the joint. This is expressed in limp and the desire to accept the position in which the pain will be minimal.
In the period of exacerbation such instinctual desires are justified, but if you continue to spare your shoulder, elbow, pelvis or leg, this will lead to
- development of coarctions( shortening of ligaments and muscles) of
- curvature of the spine and limbs of
- deformation and lack of mobility of
And the pain in this case will not go anywhere, and vice versa will be increasingly tormented with every new attack. Exit only in a thoughtful complex of therapeutic exercises performed daily by .
Physiotherapy in coxarthrosis should be prescribed by a competent specialist in the field of arthrosis, otherwise it can lead to nothing.
In what case is the exercise therapy effective
Why it is not worthwhile to be treated for the video with the exercise therapy?
- On the Internet, only general exercises are allowed that are permissible for preventive purposes, but they may not be suitable for each specific case of arthrosis:
Deforming arthrosis, as is known, can be of three degrees and differ in different symptoms and clinical signs
- Joint development in the late stage of arthrosis(with formed osteophytes) may require mechanotherapy - the impact on the joint by mechanical vibration with
- vibrovacuum therapy
- extracorporeal shock wave(ESWT)
- phonophoresis and other methods
Vibrovacuum therapy is one of the methods of mechanotherapy that, in combination with exercise therapy, gives good results in the treatment of coxarthrosis.
- . It is precisely the combination of exercise therapy with mechanotherapy and manual therapy, with the use of compresses made of dimexide,bishofit or medical bile
- To achieve the result, daily exercise of exercise therapy is required in combination with the above methods for a long time, and this is only possiblestkim control
doctor At that point, that the self-pity, least of all appropriate in the treatment of osteoarthritis. I will have to do some exercises and through overcoming pain.
Many people take a lack of self-pity for themselves too literally, and begin to mindlessly burden the patient's hip joint, crouching without end or dancing in a squat.
This is wrong.
You need to load only yourself( in terms of strong-willed solutions) and some muscle groups, but in no case a sick, practically motionless joint, otherwise it can simply not withstand the load and break
Video: Useful gymnastics for the joints( Dr. Evdokimenko)
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = FazvCMAkraE
What exercises are needed for coxarthrosis
So what exercises are needed for coxarthrosis of the hip joints?
- When exacerbating coxarthrosis and at the beginning of the exercise with low mobility TBS, when each movement causes severe pain, static exercises are performed: the hip joint remains at rest
- Exercises should exclude the axial vertical load on the joint and are performed in a supine or sitting position.
- . If the exercise led topain after it is performed, it should be stopped immediately
Do not perform complex exercise therapy and mechanotherapy :
- During an exacerbationany chronic diseases
- Immediately after injury or operation
- After a stroke or infarction
- With increased blood pressure and intracranial pressure
- With thrombophlebitis and aneurysms
- With trophic ulcers and bedsores
- During the period of monthly
- In the late pregnancy
Static gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Static exercises excludeload on the hip joint
The first exercise
- Lying on the floor, raise the straightened leg to a small height, while pressing the pelvis and stomach toolu
- Hold the foot for about half a minute then lower it and rest a little.
- Repeat exercise for the other foot
- Do the same exercise, but at an accelerated pace: hold the foot for a few seconds
- Repeat ten times for each leg
- All movements are performed by the effort of the thigh and gluteus muscles
- The load on both legs must besame
This is the same, the only difference is that the leg bends in the knee at a right angle.
Suitable for strong patients: if you feel that you can not do it, do not do it better.
- We turn over on the stomach, the legs are straightened, the arms lie freely along the body
- Raise the legs over the floor for about 15 cm
- Hold them for several seconds, then gently divide them and slowly reduce them again
- Do all such movements up to 10 times
Performing lying on its side:
- Laying on the right side and bending under the right foot
- Left straighten, raise and hold at an angle of 45 ˚to thirty seconds
- Having lowered the leg, relax and repeat the exercise for the otherOGI
exercise is performed as well, but while holding the legs need to deploy its first foot out and then inward without bending at the same time raised his foot in
knee For more information: Dr. Evdokimenko on site.
LFK with coxarthrosis during remission
When remission( temporary withdrawal of the disease), it is important not to relax and keep the mobility of the joint with the help of simple exercises. If you perform them continuously, the pain in TBS will be much less, and the danger of atrophy of the hip and gluteus muscles
will disappear. These exercises should be performed during the period of remission of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back, bend your knees, approaching the feet as close to the buttocks
- Dilute the knees and remove again without lifting the foot from the floor
- Repeat the movements 10 to 15 times, increasing the amplitude of the
- Keep the horizontal position, raise the straightened leg as high as possible
Slowly lower the leg and repeatfor the other leg
- In the same position we perform the pendulum motion with the straightened leg from side to side
- Complicated version - cross movements with both feet
- You can also do up and down movement with one or both feet
- Exercise "bicycle" - wheeling of the invisible wheels
Note: This is a very dynamic exercise for TBS.Many doctors do not recommend it in the late stage of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back with knees bent at the knees, raise the pelvis and, without lifting the foot, smoothly transfer it to the right and then to the left
Make 10 such swings
- In the sitting position on the stool, lean forward and the tipsfingers touch the feet
- Sitting on the floor to spread wide the legs
To stretch out your arms and, bending forward, get alternately the fingers of the left, then the right foot
- Sitting right on the floor with your legs straight and connected together, bend down and wrap your arms aroundfeet with hands
Prevention of coxarthrosis( not for debris)
The following exercises are not recommended for weak, untrained people and those with deforming arthrosis of the third stage of .
- Get down on your knees( knees on the floor, the heels rest on the buttocks)
- Slowly try to sit on the left thigh, stretching for the balance of the arm forward and to the sides
- Then without hands try to return to the original position
- If it does not work, lean on the floor with your left hand
- Repeat the same to the right
After some time of daily training, the exercise will be obtained without the help of hands.
Rolls from one to the other to the left and to the right:
- Set with the right foot and left to the side, without bending it and holding the foot with the whole surface on the floor.
- . Take the hands aside and gently move your body to the left, bending the leftfoot and straightening the right
- The restraint is thus transferred to the left leg, and the right one is now extended to the side of the
- . Repeat the roll several times.
You, of course, should have memorized these unloved exercises from the physical education lessons. And imagine, we could do them then without the help of our hands. If now they turn out to be beyond the power of someone, it indicates the weakness and atrophy of the muscles.
And if we did such gymnastics all our life, arthrosis of the hip joint would most likely not have arisen.
Video: Fighting arthrosis with yoga
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 196fhYpoJwo
Book P. Evdokimenko: The secret formula of health
Treatment of coxarthrosis consists of a pharmacological, physiotherapeutic component and therapeutic physical activity. The first two are controlled by a doctor, and gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be practiced independently. But the first sessions are also supervised by the LFK instructor. And all the exercises with coxarthrosis have the following objectives:
- slowing down the destruction of cartilaginous structures;
- extension of the functional load limits;
- increase in the amplitude of motion.
Since stimulation of the restoration of the cartilage of the joints is a typical effect of physical activity, this treatment tactic is a success.
Features of the technique of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
Physiotherapy( LFK) in coxarthrosis exclude sudden movements, their wide amplitude, axial load and burdening of the lower limbs. They can not be performed on the simulators, and the priority is given to the gym. Its features are as follows:
- every movement should be slow and extremely calm;
- excludes sharp jerks and painful bends;
- morning exercise, in addition to non-specialized exercises, should include a load on the hip joints;
- joints should be kneaded 3 times a day and every time before walking;
But therapeutic yoga with coxarthrosis is not an effective technique, as it practices elastic stretching of the muscles, which causes the joint capsule to be stressed.
This load will be accompanied by the appearance of pain, and yoga and gymnastics with coxarthrosis III st, coupled with the appearance of osteophytes, are contraindicated. Even swimming has less negative effects. Exercise is excluded when exacerbating the pain in the joint: they should stop when you feel painful.
In view of the fact that coxarthrosis develops mainly in the elderly, the loads from the exercise should depend on the physical state. Diseases of the cardiovascular system require monitoring of its indicators. With constant form of atrial fibrillation, stenocardia of the 3rd and 4th functional class, acute infarction period, heart failure HIIB and HIII, cerebrovascular disease, physical exertions are also excluded. In other cases, when concomitant diseases do not affect the functional activity of a person, the load should be monitored as fatigue occurs.
Example 10 of the exercises
All exercises with coxarthrosis are basic and not intended for training. Their goal is to warm up and improve the movements that do not lead to pain.
Warm-up exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 1: position - on the back, hands along the trunk. Performance: slowly bending one leg in the knee, without lifting the foot from the surface( the hip is pulled to the trunk).Then the leg slowly straightens and the exercise is done for the other hip joint. The load is repeated 8-10 times for each limb. Exercise 2: The position is the same. Execution: straightened right leg slowly rises above the surface( the heel breaks off from the floor by 5 cm), then the leg goes down, and the exercise repeats for the left limb. Then again, the right leg with a heel lift by 10 cm and repeat for the left foot. Then again, the right leg - a gap of 15 cm, then 20, 25 and 30 with the end of the load.
Exercise 3: position - on the abdomen on a hard surface, arms along the trunk the same. Bending of both legs in the knees with the hips pressed to the floor( the angle of flexion is chosen by the patient), then the extension. Repeat - 10 - 15 times. Exercise 4: The position is the same. Performance: slow bending of the shin in the knee of one leg, touching the heel of the buttock( you can help with the hand), return to the original position, repeat movement for the other limb. The number of repetitions is 5-7 for each leg. If the patient could not touch the heel of the buttocks, then do not achieve this amplitude in the following repetitions or bend the leg, overcoming the resistance.
Working exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 5: position - on the back, arms along the trunk, pressed. Performance: flexion of the left hip joint( the knee is fixed in the maximum extension), lifting of the straightened leg with a heel lift by 15 cm from the floor with simultaneous turning of the foot inwards. Returning to the starting position, changing the hip joint, performing the load for the right leg. The cycle of repetitions is 8-10 times. Exercise 6: The position is the same. Execution:( flexion of the hip joint with a fixed knee) lifting of the straightened legs above the surface with a heel lift by 5 cm. Lowering of the legs, then lifting by 10 cm. Repetition further up to 30 cm in patients with coxarthrosis III st, and 40 with a second degree of disease.
Exercise 7: position - on the back, arms on the waist, dilute, elbows touch the floor surface. Lifting the right leg in the unbent knee joint 40 cm from the floor and lifting the left foot 10 cm. Exercise - bike( scroll 4-6 times in one direction, then also 4-6 times in the opposite direction).
Exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 8: standing position, feet straight, pressed against each other, hands on the waist. Fulfillment: drawing the straightened left leg to the side 15 cm from the other leg, then returning to the original, then performing for the right foot. Repeat with a 30 cm lead for both legs, then 40, 50 and 60. If the patient can move further without the appearance of tingling of the hip joint, you can increase the amplitude. If there is discomfort in the joint, the leg is withdrawn with decrease.
Exercise 9: The position is the same. Execution: straightened left leg moves forward 20 cm from the right socks, returns to the original one and is retracted 20 cm from the right heel with a return to the original one. Repeat for the other hip joint, then again for the left leg with a setting of 30 cm. Then return to the ledge by 20 cm and again to 30. All in all, 5 lungs per 20 cm for each hip joint and 5 lungs per 30 cm for eachlegs.
Exercise 10 - gymnastics with coxarthrosis: the position is the same. Performance: rotation in the hip joint with the left leg with a deviation of approximately 20-30 cm from the other limb. Make 3 rotations in one direction, three in the other, change the limb. Perform 3 cycles of three rotations in different directions for each limb.
With the correct tactics of doing exercises, a person can not hurt himself, and the therapeutic goal will be achieved. It is the expansion of the volume of movement and the slowing down of the destruction of the cartilage. It's impossible to completely restore it in old age. Because LFK is a method of reducing the number and severity of the main symptoms of the disease.
Patients should also understand the impossibility of using techniques with muscle stretching and articular capsule tension( yoga).This excludes the possibility of using yoga and dynamic loads. But swimming for patients with coxarthrosis is permitted. The only exceptions are cases when, due to the small amplitude of movements, a person is not able to independently keep on water and swim. But slow swimming remains a good method of exercise therapy.
Exercises for coxarthrosis of the hip joint are one of the methods of treatment and prevention of this pathology. The design of the joints is initially fragile. But as long as they do not disturb with unpleasant or acute painful sensations, people do not think much about them. As a rule, this happens in young years, when it seems that there will never be problems with joints. But the youth passes, and together with it the health of the joints is lost. They wear out, there is discomfort and pain, which are the first signs of coxarthrosis.
Pathological changes in cartilage disturb pain, greatly reducing the functionality of the joint itself. Both that, and another forces to search for an opportunity urgently to restore the health, having begun serious treatment. Often, a pathology can be cured without surgery. Apply conservative methods, the main place in which the complexes of exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
Why does coxarthrosis occur and develop?
The peculiarity of pathology directly depends on the structure of the hip joint. In a healthy state, it is similar to a hinge completely covered with a cartilaginous tissue. The presence of this tissue, as well as lubricant, which reduces the friction between the cartilages, provides freedom of movement of the limbs. During life, changes occur in the composition of this lubricant, its amount decreases, which leads to an increase in the friction between the cartilages, they become thinner and deformed. This process is also called wear of joints.
The described destructive process at a certain stage begins to be accompanied by acute painful sensations. Because of this, the patient redistributes the load from a sick leg to a healthy one. This only increases the development of pathology, since the muscles of the diseased part sharply weaken, the load on the damaged joint increases, provoking severe pain.
It is very good if the patient seeks help when he has just begun to experience discomfort or mild pain. This means that coxarthrosis is at an early stage. But often people tend to bear a light pain, not paying attention to it. Many engage in self-treatment and, only when the painful sensations become strong, run to the clinic, but the doctor diagnoses the already serious stage of the disease. This means that it is almost impossible to stop the process of deformation of the cartilage.
In this case, complex treatment is used. The patient is prescribed a large number of anesthetics, the action of which is directed to the removal of inflammatory processes in the joint and the removal of spasms in the muscles. But this treatment is not limited. The joint needs to be developed, and the muscles require a certain impact to be in tonus and be ready for full loads when walking after recovery. Therefore, at all stages of treatment a key role is played by special exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint.
When bilateral coxarthrosis is not only used conservative treatment, resort to surgical intervention, but also conduct therapeutic gymnastics. Exercises allow the muscles of the hips not to lose strength, maintain the previous volume of movements and maintain normal blood flow and lymph flow in the pelvic region.Back to the table of contents
Features of performing exercises
The main requirement in such gymnastics is to avoid pain in the area of impact and prevent axial load on the legs. Gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip joint is performed in a static position. Training should be done every day, having previously performed massage of the muscles of the thigh. You can warm up the muscles with special gels.
When performing exercise therapy for coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to take into account the following features:
- should not allow sudden movements - this will only aggravate the course of the disease, the painful joint can be even more traumatized;
- after performing a set of exercises you need to do a light circular movements of the hips, thereby conducting a massage of the hip joint;
- if performance of exercises has caused fatigue, for removal of a strain in muscles it is necessary to accept a hot bath in which it is necessary to carry out some smooth movements of a basin;
- do not allow excessive physical exertion on the patient area, becausethis can aggravate the course of the disease.
Gymnastics for coxarthrosis of the hip joint of the initial stage
If you have asked for medical help in a timely manner, when the disease has just begun to develop and the doctor diagnoses its initial stage, the following exercises are recommended.
From the starting position, lying on the back, gently lift the left leg at an angle of 45 ° from the floor line. Hold your foot in this position for 15-20 seconds, and then smoothly lower it. Repeat the same movement for the second leg. Do 20 repetitions on one leg and the other, even if you have a one-sided joint lesion.
Turn over on the abdomen, then lift your legs alternately, holding them for 15-20 seconds in weight. The height of the legs can be small, the main emphasis is on the length of keeping the legs on the weight. Do 15-20 repetitions on both feet.
Remaining in the same position, lift both feet simultaneously to a height of 15 cm, then dilute them to the sides, connect again and lower them to the floor. Movement is formed by the effort of the muscles of the hips and calves. Make sure that both legs work in the same amplitude and stick to the same speed of the exercise. Do 12-15 repetitions.
Turn over on one side, bend the leg in the thigh and make 20 rotations. After that, lower your foot to the floor and relax your muscles. Turn over on the other side and do this exercise for the other leg.
Sit on the floor with legs outstretched. Gently bend forward, trying to clasp your feet with your hands. If you can not reach the foot immediately, do the exercise as you can. Make 12-15 slopes forward.Back to the table of contents
Therapeutic gymnastics in coxarthrosis for patients with severe
If it so happens that coxarthrosis is in a more severe form, then another set of exercises is used, which is developed by V.D.Gittom. It is also suitable for the treatment of patients with mild disease.
The first exercise is performed on the floor. Use a special rug, and if it is not, you can lay a blanket. The starting position is lying on the stomach. Hands stretch along the body or put them under your head. Under the feet it is allowed to put a small pillow or roller. An important condition is to relax as much as possible.
Next, start shaking your hips slightly to the left and right, rolling on your stomach. Movements are made with a small amplitude of 3 cm. Make sure that the muscles are relaxed and the pelvis does not rise. At occurrence of the slightest pain the amplitude of movements should be reduced.
The exercise should be done 3 times a day for 8-10 minutes. The duration of the exercise at the beginning should be at least 3 minutes. Rotational movements increase the nutrition of tissues near the cartilage joints, and through diffusion improves nutrition and the cartilage itself.
The following exercise is performed from the lying or reclining position on the back. The patient needs to stretch his legs, placing them a little, and alternately make turns inside and out. The movement is made with an amplitude of 1 cm. It is recommended to place a small pillow under the knees.
The third exercise is performed from the sitting position. It can be done not only at home or in the medicine room, but also at work, in a public place, in transport. Knees to place at the level of the shoulders, while the feet are firmly pressed to the floor. Smoothly and lightly move your knees, and then dilute them. The movement is performed with an amplitude of 1 cm. At first, until the muscle memory appears, the movement is better controlled by placing your hands on your knees. The positive effect is achieved with a long exercise - at least 3 hours a day. You do not have to try to execute it at once, it's enough to practice for 30-40 minutes 5-6 times a day.
The fourth exercise can be performed by patients who are not able to sit on their own, get out of bed and lie down on the floor. First, a loop is made of a towel or a wide belt. Then it is hung over the bed at a height of 25 cm from the side where the legs are located. It inserts a sore leg so that the loop passes through the gastrocnemius muscle. A relaxed leg in this position begins to slightly swing left-right. In another variant of the exercise, the leg is bent and unbent at the knee.
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = hjkPeM4QVbI
The physical load can only be prescribed by a doctor who must first see how the patient performs the exercises with coxarthrosis of varying severity.
Exercises such as walking, exercise bike, yoga, must be discussed with the attending physician. They can be done only with coxarthrosis of mild form.