Nutrition for gout on the legs involves the exclusion from the diet of beans, beans and soybeans, fat, mushrooms, spices( except vinegar and bay leaves).Meat and fish should be consumed only in boiled or baked form not more than twice a week. The portion should correspond to the mass of the body at the rate of 1 kg of body weight - 1 gr.meat.
Mineral water is very useful, but its amount is determined by the doctor.
An effective diet for gout on the legs in combination with a rice-apple unloading day. For cooking porridge for a day to cook 75 gr.rice in 750 ml of milk. Eat three meals.250 gr.apples to cook or use during the day without sugar in the form of compote.
Prevention of gout should concern all relatives living with the patient, as it is difficult to change their lifestyle, while the rest of the family feeds on and continue to live.
Traditional methods of treatment
Apples in the treatment of the disease play an important role
Gout arises because of a sedentary lifestyle, overeating and alcohol abuse. The first thing that needs to be changed in your way of life is nutrition, besides adding physical exercises, because it is impossible to get rid of gout without normalizing the metabolism.
Non-traditional methods of treatment of the disease include folk recipes and procedures with radioactive substances. The latter include the inhalation of radium emanation, the adoption of radon baths. An excellent effect is provided by hydrogen sulphide baths.
Folk remedies greatly facilitate the condition and successfully relieve pain. These methods are tested by generations.
Treatment of gout with folk methods has several directions.
Treatment with folk remedies that relieves excess uric acid
- 20 gr. Leaf cranberries brew in a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 30 minutes. Take several times a day on a tablespoon.
- Drink 3 times a day for a teaspoon of nettle juice.
- 2 tbsp.l. Shredded leaves of birch in 500 ml of boiling water, after 10 minutes of boiling give 30 minutes to infuse. Strain and drink 3 times a day with meals for ¼ cup.
- 3 tsp.snoti ordinary insist two hours in 500 ml of boiling water, drain. Drink before meals 4 times a day for half a glass.
- 1 tbsp.l.mixture of chamomile flowers and lime blossom in a ratio of 1: 1, pour in 500 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 35 minutes. Strain and drink four times during the day( half a glass).
- Spruce or pine buds together with a crown cut off with a knife and dried outdoors. Pour into a glass of boiling water 25 gr.needles, boil for 20 minutes. Add to the broth apple cider vinegar and sugar( to taste).Take twice a day for half a glass.
- Eat eggplant as often as possible.
- Drink in the morning tincture of garlic with lemon.
- Include in the diet of apples 50 minutes before meals or 2.5 hours after meals.
- It is advisable to change treatment every 4 weeks: four weeks to drink infusion of cranberry leaves, the next four weeks - nettle juice, then - infusion of birch leaves.
Removing an attack of gout
Apitherapy is effective in relieving an attack of illness
- Soar your legs before going to bed, then lubricate the joints with ointment "Butadion", fixing the compress with cellophane.
- Pour red fly agaric vodka in a ratio of 1: 5, let it brew for 5 days, drain. To apply for grinding.
- Pour a liter of vodka a glass of dried bees, let it brew for 12 days in a dark place, drain. To apply for grinding.
- To remove joint pain, onion soup will help. For this, 2-3 washed bulbs pour 1 liter of water and cook together with the husks until completely softened. Drink a glass of broth three times a day before eating. The course of treatment is 10-15 days.
- One of the oldest ways to get rid of pain with gout is the effect of bee stings( apitherapy).And today there are specialists who practice the treatment of many diseases in this way.
Very effective treatment of gout at home with the help of herbal baths
- 200 gr. Pour the leaves of sage into 1.5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for two hours. Strain and add to the bath with a water temperature of 33 degrees, gradually reducing it to 27 degrees.
- Gout on the leg will decrease if you keep your feet in a decoction of oat straw, which was cooked for half an hour, for 30 minutes.
- You can soar your feet in such a solution: in 2 liters of water with a temperature of about 40 degrees dissolve half a pack of salt and half a piece of laundry soap( you need to grate it for this).The procedure should last about half an hour. It is necessary to pour boiling water as the solution cools.
- 300 gr.stems and flowers of pharmacy chamomile pour in 5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for 2 hours. Strain and add to the bath.
The course of treatment with baths depends on many factors: one will need 4-5 procedures, another - 30-40.After every 20 procedures, a 20-day break is required.
And a few more treatments for
- A lot of positive feedback about the treatment of gout with iodine. For this, in 10 ml of iodine tincture dissolve 5 tablets of aspirin. In this case, the solution should become colorless. Sick places at night lubricate and put on warm gloves( socks).Or 3 tsp.soda and 9 drops of iodine solution add to three liters of water. With this solution, take warm foot baths.
- Treatment is quite effective, based on the contrast of temperatures. For the procedure, take two vessels. In one it is necessary to pour as cold water as possible. In another place the cereal grains and pour boiling water, wait until the grains are broken up, and the temperature drops to a level at which it will be possible to hold a hand in this mixture. Now you need to lower your hand for 3-5 seconds in cold water, and then immediately into the hot mixture. It is desirable to grind the grain with your hands. After the procedure, bind a hand with a woolen scarf or handkerchief. The treatment is quite long: 2-3 months.
Rubbing honey in the joints helps in the fight against the disease
- Another excellent remedy for gout is honey. It must be rubbed into the joints, as it helps the formation of intraarticular lubrication, which increases the excretion of uric acid. To do this, warm up the joint with a heating pad, then rub honey into it for 15 minutes. After that, put a napkin covered with honey, cover with cellophane and fasten the compress with a warm cloth. After 3.5 hours, wash the joint with warm water. Scheme of treatment: the first four compresses - every day, the next 6 - every other day. Then take a break for two weeks and repeat the scheme.
Gout treatment, symptoms, exacerbation
As a result of such a diet, there is a general normalization of metabolism and a decrease in body weight, which means that the load on damaged joints decreases.
It is necessary to completely abandon bad habits.
Since smoking and drinking alcohol significantly inhibit the excretion of lactic acid. However, under the ban for patients with gout fall and drink to people familiar to all, like coffee, cocoa or tea.
To prevent the development of the disease, it is necessary to do gymnastics daily, which develops joint mobility. At first it will be quite difficult, since movement in joints burdened with the deposition of salts is usually difficult.
As it is recommended that a patient with gout be more likely to be outdoors, doctors recommend a resort rest. It is better to go to places where there are natural mineral springs. In addition to diet, with gout it is necessary to comply with a special regime of water consumption - at least 2.5 liters per day. The best option is a liquid rich in natural mineral salts.In well-equipped resorts, there is an opportunity to undergo health and fitness courses for massage and physiotherapy.
All of the above preventive measures are aimed at general improvement of the body and prevention of a new exacerbation of gout. But, unfortunately, they can not guarantee full recovery. Treatment of gout is a fairly long process, requiring constant monitoring by a rheumatologist.
How to get rid of gout?
Timely address to the doctor will allow not only to get rid of extremely painful attacks, but also to prevent further destruction of the joint, as a result of which a person can hardly walk, and sometimes unable to perform the simplest physical actions due to swollen joints.
Remedy for gout
How to get rid of gout? Is it possible to cure this disease? Are there effective, but at the same time, safe drugs for gout?
In the arsenal of modern medicine there are effective remedies for gout, however very few of them can be called safe. And one of them is a preparation from gout "Fullflex" , which is available in two forms: capsules and cream for external use.
The appearance of this remedy for gout gave hope to those who did not know how to get rid of gout and forget about this disease forever. The "Fullflow" contains only natural components that promote the binding of excess uric acid and excretion in the urine. Extracts of medicinal plants relieve swelling of the joints, provide an anesthetic effect. With this drug, gout treatment has become not only possible, but also very safe.
Cream "Fullflex" is intended for external use. Its active components have a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-edematous effect, promoting active salt removal. The main active ingredient of the cream "Fullflex" is a fragrant extract of Martini. It is a unique medicinal plant with roots containing biologically active substances - glycosides, bioflavonoids and phytoncides, which helps to eliminate the main symptoms of gout, providing an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect.
Other extracts of plants, in particular, the white willow bark extract, which also belongs to cream "Fullflex" , supplement and strengthen the therapeutic effect of each other. The natural salicylate contained in them gives a result that is largely similar to that of aspirin. However, in comparison with synthetic drugs, it has no negative side effects.
Cream "Fullflex" contributes to the following positive changes:
- elimination of the pain symptom in gout;
- reduction of the inflammatory process in the affected joint;
- excretion of uric acid from the body;
- reduction of soft tissue edema around the inflamed joint;
- prevention of possible infections;
- lowering cholesterol in the body.
In addition, the cream "Fullflex" has an anti-rheumatic and mild diuretic effect.
Preparations of the series "Fullflex" is recommended not only for gout, but for other diseases accompanied by inflammatory processes. For example, with rheumatism, lumbago or arthritis.
How to treat gout - useful tips and recipes
Get rid of the pain and complications - this is the main goal of treating gout. Thanks to the centuries-old practice of doctors and traditional healers, a special tactic was developed to treat gout in all its forms and manifestations.
Main features of
Typically, gout at the earliest stages affects only one joint( most often
The onset of the disease is characterized by the development of gouty arthritis
suffering big toes, less often - knees, ankles, elbows and wrists).Pain, sharp and unbearable, comes in the dead of night or before dawn. The joint begins to swell, becomes hot, the skin around it turns red and glossy. Often, the body temperature rises to 39 degrees, and the affected limb is practically immobilized. By the morning the pain subsides, but at night comes back with renewed vigor. Such a picture, characterizing the first signs of gout, can be observed for several days, after which the pain recedes for a long time.
Warning! In the early stages of the disease, pain can take place even without appropriate treatment, and many patients do not think lightly of them of particular importance, continuing to lead their habitual way of life, and this is their main mistake. This ailment is very cunning, and he will certainly return with a new dose of pain.
As the pathological process develops, gout attacks begin to increase, affecting new joints.
With the passage of time, in the absence of adequate treatment, the bone becomes destructured, and characteristic hillocks under the skin appear. These dense, yellowish color formations, consisting of a cluster of uric acid crystals localized in the area of the affected joints, are called tofus.
Periodically, they spontaneously open, from there comes out a small amount of their contents, leaving behind a fistula. This condition is usually considered a sign of chronic gout. Also, at this stage, kidney stones are discovered in 20% of cases, which cause renal colic and increase blood pressure. In rare cases, gout may affect the heart muscle.
How to get rid of gout?
The treatment of gout should be performed in a complex that includes medical therapy and special measures that help prevent the development of new seizures:
- To eliminate pain symptoms, patients are prescribed analgesic anti-inflammatory drugs of non-steroidal nature.
Warning! People suffering from gout are not allowed to take aspirin containing medications, since they contribute to a change in the level of uric acid in the blood, which can significantly worsen the patient's condition.
- A good antidotal agent used in the period of acute attacks is colchicine. Also, specialists recommend taking it for the prevention in the remission phase of the disease.
- Corticosteroids are usually prescribed when NSAIDs or colchicine remain powerless before the disease, or they are contraindicated.
- Allopurinol for gout is recommended in order to reduce the production of uric acid. It is prescribed for the prevention of repeated seizures in combination with drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid from the body, as well as the means that improve kidney function.
- One of the underlying factors in the occurrence of gout is the patient's overweight. For its normalization, a special diet with a low fat content is prescribed.
Warning! Low-calorie diet in this case is contraindicated, as it contributes to increased production of uric acid, which, in turn, can provoke a gout attack.
- In the process of treatment it is recommended to abandon alcoholic beverages, especially from beer, as it contains a lot of purines, and in general, alcohol significantly reduces the excretion of uric acid from the body.
- The main thing in the treatment of gout is strict adherence to a special diet, which provides for the rejection of products containing a large number of purines. At the same time, there is a special list of products that are very useful for gout, as they contribute to the removal of excess uric acid from the body.
Before proceeding with treatment, it is necessary to consult with your attending physician, since all medications are prescribed individually, taking into account the presence of other pathologies.
This method of treatment is based on the anti-inflammatory property of iodine. Upon penetration into the body, this microelement is able to penetrate into the affected joint and "extinguish" the inflammation. This technique is very popular and is considered one of the proven means of traditional healers.
The method of treating gout with iodine is completely safe, and does not cause side effects.
To prepare the medicine, take 10 ml of iodine and 10 tablets of chopped aspirin. Stir the ingredients thoroughly until the solution is completely dissolved and discolored. Therapeutic procedures are performed before bedtime. Affected joints are well lubricated with the prepared medicine, after which they are insulated. As a rule, soon there is a significant relief of the condition.
However, rheumatologists believe that such a technique can save only at the earliest stages of the development of the disease, and the emergence of a therapeutic effect is nothing more than a "placebo" effect( self-hypnosis and activation of body's own reserves).Whether this is the case or not is for patients who can experience this method.
Gout on the hands of
Gout on the hands, or, as it is called, gouty arthritis - is a pathology that accounts for 5% of all cases of pain in the hands and fingers. Most often, the inflammation begins with the thumbs, but other fingers can also be affected, both on one and on both hands.
The disease occurs in the form of seizures. Just as with lesions of the lower
joints The underlying factor of treatment is the observance of a diet with a low purine content of
limbs, the pain in the hands is very sharp and painful. The joints begin to swell quickly, the skin over them becomes hot to the touch, reddens and glistens.
It should be noted that sometimes gouty attacks occur with less severe symptoms, but nevertheless, paroxysmal pains in developing gout on the hands can last a fairly long time( up to ten days), periodically receding, and then tormenting the patient with renewed vigor.
Before deciding how to treat gout on your hands, without fail experts recommend a full course of diagnostic examination. Such a procedure is necessary, as it will help to exclude other diseases characteristic for this site( in particular, rizartroz, as well as rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis).
Treatment of the disease is carried out in a complex. It provides for the reduction and elimination of uric acid compounds from the body, relief of acute gout attacks, prevention of complications and treatment of chronic polyarthritis. Mandatoryly, patients are prescribed uricosuric drugs and uropepressants.
Recommendation: when taking such drugs, you must strictly adhere to the drinking regime( at least 2.5 liters of fluid per day).
A radioactive substance is quite effective in treating gout on the hands. Radon baths and emanations of radium proved very well. Thanks to this therapy, the blood content of uric acid is greatly reduced in a very short period of time. A similar effect occurs after treatment with thermal procedures and hydrogen sulphide baths.
Warning! This kind of procedure is allowed only during the period of remission, but, in no case, during seizures.
A very effective technique is the treatment of gout with phytotherapeutic drugs, and since time immemorial, many sufferers have come to the aid of traditional medicine. It should be noted that each method of treatment is effective in its own way. The main thing is not to give up, and then the ailment will necessarily recede.1 comment
I tried a medicine from analgin and iodine, it is really effective. It was amazing to learn that a low-calorie diet is contraindicated in the treatment of gout, because the process of combating excess weight is usually directly associated with a decrease in calorie content of food.
Best recommendations for the treatment of gout at home
At the time of our ancestors gout was considered a payoff for excesses and excessive life pleasures, and this opinion was unshakable, despite the fact that the disease often hit not only the rich, but also very poor people.
At the present stage, thanks to the development of medicine, the worldview of the man in the street has changed. Now it is not a secret for anyone that gout is a chronic inflammatory process that develops in the joints due to improper metabolism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this disease, however, treatment of gout at home very often brings considerable relief to sufferers.
How to get rid of gout at home?
This question is of interest to patients who suffer from this severe illness for many centuries. Therefore, I would like to give some tips on how to alleviate the condition that occurs during an attack:
- First of all, the patient needs to ensure complete rest, and, most importantly, do not disturb the affected joints until the pain begins to subside.
Tip: The affected joint should not be disturbed approximately 24 hours after relief of pain and withdrawal.
- A sore limb should be given an elevated position. Coat blankets or large pillows will come to the rescue.
- Pain and inflammation are recommended to be removed with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( most experts recommend indamethacin or phenylbutazone, which can be taken only with acute attacks of gout).
Warning! Aspirin is strictly forbidden to gout, as it stimulates the production of uric acid and significantly complicates the symptoms. Combine with this, acetaminophen will be of no use in relieving gouty pain, since it is not capable of fighting this type of inflammation.
- It helps to relieve the pain of ice. It must be crushed in a bubble or bag and then applied for 10 minutes to the affected area, covering it with a towel. Ice perfectly softens and anesthetizes the joint.
- To prevent repeated attacks during the treatment of gout at home, you can use the old time-tested methods of traditional healers. Herbal teas, baths and compresses prepared from the means, always at hand, are helpful.
Warning! Before embarking on folk methods of treatment, it will not be superfluous to consult with your doctor, as to treat gout at home is necessary under the constant supervision of a specialist( in order not to harm).
- Without fail, patients suffering from gout should constantly monitor their blood pressure. This is due to the fact that almost all drugs recommended for high blood pressure can raise the level of uric acid.
Tip: Patients who are under pressure should try to reduce it naturally.
- Due to the fact that gout is often affected by those joints that were previously injured, various injuries of the inflamed area should be avoided, and narrow uncomfortable shoes should be avoided.
Proper nutrition with gout
One of the important reasons for the development of gout is the consumption of food with a high content of purines, which contribute to the formation of uric acid salts. Therefore, in order for the ailment to retreat for a long time, it is necessary to radically change its eating habits( and sometimes, the way of life).
It will be necessary to refuse the use of fatty varieties of meat and fish, as well as from broths and by-products. A categorical ban is on smoked products, beans, natural coffee and chocolate. Also, do not give preference to radish, cauliflower and salt cheese, as these products are very rich in purine bases.
At the same time, milk and sour-milk products, raw vegetables( carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, white cabbage, beets and potatoes) practically do not contain purines, and therefore they are recommended as the main products of special dietary food. Very fresh freshly squeezed cucumber and squash juice( 1 glass a day), as well as lemon for gout. They excrete surplus purines from the body perfectly. All juices and drinks should not be canned, as such products significantly delay the excretion of uric acid from the body.
Virtually all patients suffering from gout, nutritionists are advised to use a lot of teas, fruit drinks and compotes.
It should be noted that the famous botanist and naturalist K. Linnaeus found salvation from gout in strawberry berries. To get rid of the disease fresh berries of strawberries must be consumed daily up to 1 kg. Strawberry tea also works well for gout. For its preparation in half a liter of boiled water, 4 grams of strawberry leaves are brewed.
In case the patient has excess weight, a properly balanced diet is the treatment for gout.
Warning! In no case should you not starve or eat low-calorie food, as this can provoke a sharp jump in uric acid, and, as a consequence, another attack of gout.
It should be noted that alcohol( especially effervescent wines, beer and cognac) gout is categorically contraindicated. Beer contains a very large amount of purines, and all other spirits significantly reduce the release of uric acid in the urine, which is why it accumulates in large quantities in the blood.
However, the use of a sufficient amount of fluid is one of the mandatory conditions that provides for a proper diet for gout. The daily drinking diet of the patient should include at least 2. 5 liters of fluid.
Diet and menu
It should be noted that the diet for gout does not impose any specific menu. To be precise, this is the approved principle of nutrition, which helps to save the mobility of joints and prevents the development of new gouty attacks.
When gout is recommended to adhere to diet number 6
No one will argue that gout is one of the most painful forms of arthritis, and therefore, in the diet of patients include some elements of the "anti-arthritis" diet.
Typically, patients suffering from gout are recommended diet N6.It excludes foods rich in purines from the diet, and also significantly limits the intake of salt, reduces the protein and fat content( and if carbohydrates weigh too much), by increasing the free liquid and alkaline foods( vegetables, fruits and dairy products).
When appointing a diet for gout, the menu provides for the rejection of various kinds of broths, offal and meat of young animals, fatty fish, as well as spinach, sorrel, mushrooms, legumes and cauliflower.
According to the calculations of nutritionists diet table N 6 should include the order of:
- 80 grams of protein, half of which must be of animal origin,
- 90 grams of fat( 1/3 - vegetable),
- 400 grams of carbohydrates,
- free liquid - 2 -2.5 liters.
- The daily calorific value is 2700 - 2800 kcal.
Recommendation: on an empty stomach it is necessary to drink a glass of liquid, as well as in the intervals between meals. You should eat at least 4-5 times a day.
It is recommended to give preference to vegetarian borscht and soups, as well as dishes prepared from cereals and dairy products.
It is allowed to eat rye and wheat bread baked from flour I and II grade, as well as pastries with the addition of bran. Meat or fish( low-fat varieties) can be consumed in strictly limited quantities( 150 g three times a week).Also from these products you can cook cutlets( baked or steamed).
Along with a rational diet regime, the patient should provide a favorable psycho-emotional situation, contributing his feasible contribution to the fight against an insidious disease.