What are the signs of arthrosis of the foot
Most leg ailments start imperceptibly, tissue disorders and the functioning of the foot joints at first do not make themselves felt. Signs of arthrosis become visible when the disease passes the initial stage. Symptoms of ailments can detect x-ray examination and biochemical analysis. The earlier the exact diagnosis is established, the more likely it is to slow the course of the disease. In diseases of small joints, a person quickly loses his mobility. Noticing the first signs of the disease, we must immediately contact the specialists.
Destructive processes do not occur without a trace
Arthrosis diseases of the foot are more common in women who have crossed the 45-year mark. The most common is arthrosis of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint. Exchange and microcirculatory disorders in the legs usually accompany arthrosis of interphalangeal joints. Degenerative-dystrophic processes with arthrosis of the 1st metatarsal joint of the foot are expressed in various symptoms. Unexpected pain in the legs is the first alarm. Symptoms of the disease include pain that appears during physical activity. As the disease develops, a person experiences painful symptoms and does not have any strain on the body.
Disease of small joints of the foot can "sound".If you hear a crunch during the movement of the foot, a person feels discomfort in this part of the leg, there is almost 100% probability of having a disease. The condition of the bones and articulations of the legs is closely interrelated. The first to be affected by the disease are joints that lose their elasticity and are no longer able to function in the previous regime. This is especially noticeable for interphalangeal joints. Bones and articulations increase the load. The disease gradually grasps the foot. The formation of bone and articular tissue now occurs according to a different algorithm, and as a result, bony outgrowths appear. At this point of the foot, the capsule thickens considerably.
Sclerotic changes in soft tissues do not pass without a trace. As soon as arthrosis of small joints begins, no less dangerous destructive processes start in the muscles. Osteoarthritis of the 1 st plus nasal joint accompanies atrophy of the muscles located next to it. Deformity of the foot is one of the prominent signs of foot disease. Its specificity is that arthrosis of small joints fixes the toes of the foot in a pathological position, and the person experiences pain when attacking the leg. Hind limb is a visually noticeable sign of arthrosis. However, the ailment is not limited to them. In the region of the first metatarsophalangeal foot joint, there is a high fever and redness. Legs or only a certain area of them may be characterized by a swollen condition.
The disease sneaks up unnoticed
Osteoarthritis of the first plus-nasal joint is able at the beginning to declare itself an increased fatigue, which previously was not characteristic of the legs. If at the first stage of the ailment of pain arise from time to time, on the third - they torture a person constantly. As soon as the processes of formation of bone tissue are disturbed, a "bone" begins to grow in the area of interphalangeal joints. At the third stage of arthrosis of the foot, a person has limited mobility. The pathology of the first plus-foot joint often causes disability.
In some cases, the movement of people suffering from pathology of interphalangeal joints becomes impossible at the third, last stage of the development of the disease. There is another type of ailment - posttraumatic arthrosis of small joints. It appears in cases where a person has leg injuries. In such an arthrosis of the foot, the process of changing the surface of the bones is observed, they lose their evenness and visually the swelling of the joints. Post-traumatic arthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint is common in men and women professionally engaged in sports.
It all starts with the reasons for
The pathology of the 1st plusnus joint does not arise by itself. In everyday life, arthrosis of the plus-nasal joint provokes various causes. The disease can be both congenital and acquired character. Arthrosis 1, 2, 3, 4, 5-plus plus foot joint foot is transmitted and inherited, more precisely, not the disease itself, but the prerequisites for its appearance, reflected in metabolic disorders in the body, the functioning of bone tissue. The pathology of the 1st to the metatarsophalangeal joint is closely related to endocrine pathologies. If in other parts of the body violations in the functioning of bones began, it is clear that after a while they are able to "go" to their feet. The risk of arthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint is especially great in people whose limbs are subject to regular freezing. Flattening - an excellent soil for the emergence and dynamic development of arthrosis.
Possible causes of the onset of the disease:
- Flat feet.
- Wearing shoes with high heels.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Unbalanced food, etc.
Many women prefer high-heeled shoes, without thinking that they create prerequisites for arthrosis of the 1st plus-joint joint. Wearing a tight and uncomfortable shoe in his youth can retreat into maturity and old age. People who spend working hours on their feet are one of the most affected categories. Arthrosis of the 1st metatarsophalangeal is closely connected with increased physical stress on the legs, adynamia, constant stresses. Malnutrition and impaired metabolism are the most common cause of all types and forms of the disease. Specialists note that arthrosis of the 1st nasopharyngeal joint is getting younger every year, affecting a significant part of the female able-bodied population of Russia that does not reach retirement age.
Official and folk medicine are doing their best to find new ways of treating the disease, especially concerning interphalangeal joints. To date, arthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint can be treated mainly by conservative and surgical methods. The first combines the use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, manual, magnetic therapy, electrophoresis. Traditional medicine, in turn, offers tinctures and sprays containing root vegetables, fruits, vegetables, slowing down the destructive processes in the body and increasing its tone. Patients in whom the first and second stage of the disease, doctors, as a rule, prescribe therapeutic exercise and massage. Laser treatment is one of the most effective and promising ways of treating arthrosis of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint. But in a number of cases, only the steroid drugs injected into the joint cavity or surgical intervention are able to alleviate the patient's grave condition.
Treatment of arthrosis of the foot provides a complete failure of the person from bad habits. Correct, balanced nutrition is an indispensable component of it. Osteoarthritis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint is often diagnosed in fat people. The first thing that they have to do is to lose weight to reduce the burden on their legs. It is necessary to know: completely to remove destructive processes in this area, even with surgical treatment, modern medicine is beyond the power, it can only conserve them. If a person wants to keep his mobility, he will have to fight for it.
Causes, degrees, symptoms and treatment of deforming arthrosis
Treatment of arthrosis will not lead to complete healing. But if you start it in time, you can achieve that the joints will begin to function sufficiently fully or it will be possible to prevent the disease from developing further.
What is this disease?
Arthrosis of joints refers to chronic diseases. It develops because of early wear of the cartilage in the joints and is not an inflammatory disease. This is different from arthritis, which causes infectious agents and is inflammatory in nature.
Osteoarthritis of joints often does not make itself felt, develops gradually. Pain, if present, only after a significant load on the joint. Or the person has made unsuccessful movement - and has felt discomfort in an articulate area. But almost no one attaches much importance to such minor pain manifestations and does not exactly associate it with any ailment.
Pathology develops rapidly and can reach the last degree in a short period of time( less than 1 year).Both cases need timely treatment. Otherwise, the symptoms of the disease will increasingly manifest themselves, the quality of life will change for the worse. Possible and disability for severe arthrosis.
This disease deprives the joints of the ability to function normally. At the first stages, pain begins with physical exertion. If you give an opportunity to relax the sick body, then the pain disappears, but for a short time - until the next load.
Gradually the pain will begin to appear at night. The following signs of arthrosis of joints - a crunch in the joints, muscle tension, inflammation of nearby tissues. If the disease progresses, then joint deformation occurs, their mobility is increasingly limited.
The main causes of the disease - cells of cartilage tissue wear out and age. Contribute to this: heredity, disorders of the endocrine system, sedentary lifestyle, violations of water-salt metabolism. Injuries accelerate the development of the disease.
What is the deforming arthrosis?
Arthrosis of joints is divided into the following types:
- Gonoarthrosis - a disease of the knee joint. It contributes to the aging of man. But among the elderly people there are those who are not familiar with this disease. This type of arthrosis can be inherited. Often women and those who have excess weight suffer from it. Not the last place in its development belongs to injuries.
- Coxarthrosis - hip joints suffer from it. The patient experiences significant pain, which intensifies with the development of the disease.
- Vertebral arthrosis is Bekhterev's disease. Because of the erasure of the joints in the spinal column, the patient loses the ability to move normally.
- Arthrosis of the joints of the hands is a disease that affects women. Patients experience pain at the slightest strain of fingers, when they are in cold water. Gradually, numbness develops, the fingertips stop feeling anything.
Arthrosis joints in the International Classification of Diseases ICD-10 have several codes - M15-M19.
In addition to dividing the disease by localization of the process, joint arthrosis is divided into primary and secondary.
Primary develops with cartilage changes due to age. The disease is getting younger every year, that is, it affects not only the elderly. By the age of 50, almost a third of the population suffers from this kind of arthrosis of the joints, and at the age of 60 almost everyone has it. Therefore, it is important for many to know what kind of illness it is, what its symptoms and treatment are.
Secondary arthrosis develops after the trauma. It is able to start in the elderly person, and in the young man.
Degrees of severity of the disease
Share joint arthrosis in 4 stages.
In pathology of the 1st degree, the joints do not lose mobility in one direction. X-rays are not able to show the severity of the disease at this stage. There are no special symptoms: there is no fever, the affected areas of the body do not swell, the skin color does not change. The patient may experience a slight pain and hear a weak crunch. But all this does not cause a person discomfort, so he does not pay much attention to such insignificant manifestations of the disease.
At this stage of the pathology, you can make lotions with broths of herbs, use medicinal ointments. You can not take strong alcoholic beverages. It is mandatory to perform physical exercises and pay attention to your diet. Excess weight negatively affects the joints, so it should be normalized.
For arthrosis of the 2nd degree, a visit to the doctor is mandatory. To determine the disease at this stage is already quite easy. Symptoms become much clearer. The patient begins to constantly experience a slight fatigue, a feeling of squeezing in the affected areas, which is very pronounced after the load. There is a sharp pain and a distinct crunch. Arthrosis of the 2nd degree is characterized by the fact that it is difficult to bend arms and legs.
At this stage, the deformation of the joints is already beginning. If you do not start treatment, then grade 2 arthrosis will begin to progress strongly.
Folk medicine at this stage can not do without. It is necessary to turn to traditional medicine.
Osteoarthritis of the 3rd degree is very painful. Even without loading the joints, the patient experiences severe pain. Any changes in weather conditions are reflected on the patient. It happens that the joints stop functioning completely, and the person becomes immobilized.
Complex treatment is used at this stage: tablets, other preparations, various procedures( for example, electrophoresis).
Unbearable pain has to be tolerated by a patient with stage 4 disease. Do not help potent cures for arthrosis, various pain killers, physiotherapy. The output is only in the replacement of the affected joint.
To treat arthrosis is necessary at the initial stages of the development of the disease. It is better not to run the disease in order to do without an operation. Otherwise, in addition to significant money spending, you will have to endure a lot of pain. It is important to turn to specialists in time.
Methods of treatment
How to treat arthrosis is of interest to many people. This process is lengthy. Each patient is selected an individual scheme for the restoration of damaged joints.
Cure the ailment is completely impossible. But to weaken the course of the disease, not to allow the joints to collapse further - it is quite possible.
Methods of treatment of the disease are divided into 4 types:
- is a medicinal;
- with the help of traditional healers.
Non-drug treatment is used at the very beginning of arthrosis. It includes adherence to the diet and the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.
There are various educational schools or courses at medical institutions, where they will tell and show how to improve their lives, having such ailment, how to treat it, where to go and much more.
In order to facilitate their condition, the patient should reduce the load on the affected joints. The first step is to get rid of excess weight, which has a negative impact.
Therapeutic exercise is shown in the initial stages of arthrosis. It is better to perform it under the supervision of the instructor for exercise therapy.
Use of various items that can reduce the burden on sick joints. For example, when walking, use a cane.
Sanatorium treatment has a positive effect on the joint system. It should be appointed after consultation with the attending physician.
Drugs for joint arthrosis are most often used. Their choice is small. All drugs are divided into two types - symptomatic and chondroprotective.
Symptomatic drugs are prescribed the very first. They eliminate the main signs of the disease. For example, taking a pill, you can wait for the relief of pain for a short period of time. And chondroprotectors can stop the development of arthrosis, the patient takes them for a long time.
Sometimes injections are given for arthrosis directly into the joint itself. The effect is immediate.
Surgical treatment is recommended only after the disease was attempted to be defeated by medicinal methods. It can be as follows:
- arthroscopy - through small incisions, without opening the joints, all medical actions are performed;
- arthrodesis - relieves pain, the operation creates immobility of the surfaces of the joints;
- arthroplasty - replacing articular cartilage with the patient's own tissues or artificial material;
- joint replacement - the most effective treatment of severe stages of the disease, the full prosthesis of the patient joint is performed.
Arthrosis of the joints is considered incurable. But with timely treatment, following the recommendations of the doctor, you can significantly improve the condition of the affected joints and not become disabled.
No one is immune from this ailment. But everyone can try to weaken the course of the disease or slow it down. It is important to follow a number of simple rules. Do not abuse the physical load, negatively affecting the articular system of the body. But the feasible load is useful. For a long time to be in one position( sitting or lying) is harmful. It is necessary to keep the weight within the limits of the norm, to monitor the health, to be treated on time, to eat right.
Since young age, prevention of arthrosis is necessary - maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
One should be careful and avoid various injuries. And regular preventive examinations are mandatory for the doctor.
It is recommended to reduce the static load. Do not get involved in high-heeled shoes. You can not always sit with your foot on your leg. Should alternately sit and stand. Lifting weights is undesirable. After a day's work, it's good to lie down for a few minutes, at the same time do the exercise "bike".In summer it is necessary to swim more and do light physical exercises under water.
Gymnastics for joint arthrosis is an important part of the treatment. When it is performed, the patient should take care that pain should not be caused to his joints. Some instructors advise to develop joints, not paying attention to pain. But you can not do this. Any exercise is done exactly as many times as the patient can do it before the onset of discomfort. You should start with a small amount, each exercise is performed 2-3 times. Otherwise, spasm of the muscular system may occur, nervous overexcitation. And then the general condition will worsen.
The physical exercise can reduce pain. It improves the mobility of the joints, relieves tension in the muscles, and their tone increases. All this in general improves the flow of blood in the veins, the circulation in the tissues.
Exercises for gymnastics are selected by a physician of physiotherapy exercises. He focuses on the individual characteristics of the patient: the degree of joint damage, the general condition of the body. And exercises are performed under the supervision of an experienced instructor.
For different departments, their gymnastic complex is selected, that is, for neck arthrosis, only exercises are used, and for the spine disease - quite different.
Features of arthrosis of the hip joint
Arthrosis is a degenerative-dystrophic process that affects the joint tissues. Simply put, this slow destruction of the joint, leading to the loss of its functions. Any joint can undergo arthrosis. But among all joints the hip joint most often suffers. It is here that arthrosis of the hip joint develops. This disease is also called coxarthrosis.
Causes and pathogenesis of
Before explaining the causes( etiology) and what is the sequence of negative changes( pathogenesis) in arthrosis of the hip joint, we should briefly discuss some features of the anatomy and physiology of this joint. The hip joint is formed by two bones - the ischium( its acetabulum) and the femoral( its head).
The configuration of the hip joint approaches a spherical joint. The head of the femur is like a billiard ball in the acetabulum pocket. To facilitate friction, the joint surfaces are covered with cartilage. Continuation of the cartilaginous surface of the acetabulum is the cartilaginous lip, designed to increase the area of contact between the acetabulum and the head of the femur. All these structures are surrounded by an articular capsule, additionally strengthened by ligaments, femoral and gluteal muscles.
The hip joint is the largest. Here movements of the hip are carried out in all three planes. The indispensable conditions for ensuring all these movements are:
- Normal tone of nearby muscles;
- Integrity of articular structures;
- Their full blood supply;
- Elasticity of the articular cartilage;
- Optimal volume and composition of intraarticular fluid.
In the absence of these conditions, dystrophic changes are formed in the articular cartilage, which are irreversible. At the initial stage, the articular cartilage is deteriorating, which leads to its thinning. Due to further trophic disturbances, subchondral( located under the cartilage) bone undergoes negative changes. Inside the head of the femoral bone, pathological cavities( cysts) are formed, and on its surface - bone growths( osteophytes).As a result, congruence( anatomical compliance) of the articular surfaces is lost, which can not but lead to motor disabilities.
The causes of arthrosis of the hip are manifold, and among them:You can also read:
Rehabilitation after hip replacement
- Congenital anomalies - dysplasia. Dysplasia of the hip joint in children can be, as a consequence of genetic abnormalities, and arise in childbirth( congenital dislocation of the hip).With these conditions, the anatomical axis of the joint changes, and the joint surfaces that have not yet arisen are affected.
- Elderly age. Knowingly the age of the majority of patients suffering from arthrosis of the hip joint exceeds 40 years. As the aging process, the restorative processes in various tissues slow down. And this can not but affect the joint hip cartilage, experiencing a maximum load.
- Overweight. The greater the mass of the body, the greater the static load on the joint, and the faster the articular cartilage wears out.
- Concomitant diseases. Diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease, atherosclerosis and other metabolic disorders are accompanied by a deficiency of blood supply to the hip joints. In the articular structures, deficiency of oxygen and nutrients is formed, instead of which slags accumulate.
- Physical loads. Systematic hard work, playing sports can also lead to wear of the cartilaginous articular surfaces.
- A sedentary lifestyle. On the one hand, it is often accompanied by obesity. On the other hand - leads to a decrease in muscle tone, stabilizing the hip joint.
- Injuries. Here, mechanical damage to the joint structures is combined with a decrease in the tone of the nearby muscles.
- Cooxartite. Inflammation of the hip joint( infectious, rheumatic or any other) is accompanied by a change in the quality of the joint fluid and a violation of the articular cartilage. In addition, the inflammatory process can lead to direct damage - aseptic necrosis( non-infectious necrosis) of the femoral head.
- Lesion of other parts of the musculoskeletal system. Lateral curvature of the spine( scoliosis), flat feet, diseases and injuries of the knee joint - all this increases the load on the hip joint and leads to arthrosis.
In some cases, despite comprehensive clinical and laboratory studies, it is not possible to establish the cause of arthrosis. Then they talk about idiopathic arthrosis of the hip joint.
The main signs of arthrosis of the hip are as follows:
- Pain. It is the main complaint of patients suffering from this ailment. At an early stage of the disease, pain is mild or even absent. As the degenerative changes in the hip progress, the pain literally "drives" the patient to the doctor.
- Reduced movement volume. Partly due to pain, but mainly - a violation of the congruence of the joint structures due to the appearance of osteophytes, thinning of the articular cartilage and destruction of the head of the femur. First motor disorders are accompanied by light lameness, and at a late stage the patient in general can not practically move.
- Violation of muscle tone. Reduced muscle tone - not only the cause, but also the consequence of hip arthrosis. In the subsequent leads to irreversible atrophic changes in the muscles of the thigh and buttocks.
- Scoliosis. Also the cause, and the consequence of hip arthrosis. With unilateral hip arthrosis, the patient spares the affected joint. At the same time, the load on the healthy limb increases. Such a skew over time leads to a lateral curvature of the spine.
- Shortening of the limb. At a far gone process the lower extremity on the side of arthrosis is shortened. Among the reasons - the destruction of the joint, muscle atrophy and the forced position of the patient.
All these external changes are formed against the background of the corresponding structural violations. In the affected joint, in addition to the aforementioned osteophytes and cysts, there is a thickening of the joint capsule, narrowing of the joint gap, thinning of the cartilaginous lip of the acetabulum. All these structural disorders lead to a shift in the functional axis of the hip joint. When the articular structures collapse, the neck-diaphyseal angle between the femoral neck and the vertical axis of the femur changes. These disorders are well detected in the radiography and computed tomography of the hip joint.
So it looks on the roentgenogram of arthrosis of the right hip joint
Degrees of arthrosis
All these changes are unequally expressed and may depend on the prescription of arthrosis of the hip joint. In connection with this, three degrees of arthrosis of the hip are distinguished:
- Arthrosis of the 1st degree. The pain is poorly expressed, occurs during physical exertion and completely stops at rest. Restrictions of movement, decrease in muscle tone until it occurs. On x-ray pictures there is a narrowing of the joint gap.
- Osteoarthritis of 2nd degree. The pain occurs even at rest, increases with physical exertion and can be accompanied by lameness. Independently does not pass, it is removed only by analgetics. Limiting the volume of movements and reducing muscle tone. Structural changes in the form of thinning of the articular cartilage, the appearance of osteophytes and cysts of the head of the femur, and its displacement relative to the articular cavity.
- Osteoarthritis of the 3rd degree. The pain is constant, worries even at night. Virtually not removed by analgesics. Pronounced muscle atrophy, movements in the hip joint are reduced or completely absent. The limb is shortened. As a result, the patient is forced to move with a cane. Osteophytes on the acetabulum are clearly visible. The absence of cartilage on the head of the femur, its partial or complete destruction.
The transition of hip arthrosis from one degree to another occurs gradually, for several years.
Treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint depends on its degree. Anti-inflammatory drugs( Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Voltaren) are prescribed in the form of topically applied ointments, lotions and compresses to anesthetize and relieve concomitant inflammation. To improve the supply of cartilaginous tissue, chondroprotectors are used - chondroitin complex, chondroxide. And injected intravenously Trental and Pentoxifylline improve local blood supply, and at the same time and the delivery of oxygen to the tissues of the hip joint.
Fizprotsedury( UHF, magnetotherapy, inductothermy) enhance the effect of drugs. A therapeutic exercise strengthens the pelvic and femoral muscles, and to some extent contributes to the stabilization of the hip joint. The complex of exercises is developed by the physician-specialist of LFK individually for each patient. In any case, the exercises should be smooth, without sudden movements and pain. For such patients, classes in the swimming pool are recommended.
Appearance of hip joint after endoprosthesis
All these measures justify themselves only with coxarthrosis of 1-2 degree.3 degree goes with the destruction of bone-cartilaginous structures. Simply put, there is nothing to heal and restore. The only way out is endoprosthetics, an operation to replace a worn joint with a synthetic endoprosthesis.
Diet with coxarthrosis should be aimed at correcting the weight and removing slags from the body. In this regard, the reception of flour and pasta, potatoes and other products leading to obesity is undesirable. Also, you should limit table salt, strong tea, coffee and alcohol. Although, for the sake of justice, it is worth noting that the diet for hip arthrosis is not strict and has a recommendatory nature. Full nutrition of such patients should be low-calorie and include vegetables, fruits and low-fat meat.
Causes and signs of arthrosis, photos, video
Time to start treatment of arthrosis will help information about the causes and symptoms of this disease. It is important to understand that correctly diagnosed at the initial stage of the disease will give a chance to save joints and prevent the development of arthrosis.
First of all, older people suffer from arthrosis of one form or another. Almost 80% of the world's population. However, the onset of the disease does not occur immediately. Often, people at the young age who lead an active lifestyle are the first to take a risk group.
- Athletes - a constant active physical activity. When people who are engaged in sports stop their sports career, the loads decrease. At this time, the metabolism in the muscle tissues changes, the joints lose their elasticity, which leads to the appearance of an ailment.
- Professional dancers - the situation here is almost the same as with the athletes. It can be added that in both cases there are injuries that, in the absence of the necessary treatment, lead to the development of the disease.
- People with heavy physical labor - for example, loaders, very often suffer from arthrosis of the fingers. People who have to be on their feet during working hours, especially in the industrial sphere( machine control, manipulation with working tools) have all the "chances of earning" themselves a deformation of the ankle or knee.
- Office workers - working at a computer can cause illness, because a person is in a constant sitting position. There is a risk of developing arthrosis of the hip joint.
The most common and underlying causes of the disease are trauma, inflammation, and joint dysplasia may also occur. That is, factors that affect the joints from the outside, but there are those whose cause lies in the human body itself.
- The hereditary factor - it is worth to listen more often to your body, since the chances of encountering such a disease grow twice, if on the hereditary line it occurred such a disease.
- The trauma factor is one of the most common causes of joint arthrosis. A simple stretching of the ligaments already gives a high percentage of arthrosis. Therefore, it is worthwhile to be more vigilant and not let the treatment itself even a small damage.
- Joint dysplasia is a congenital pathology. You need to be careful at the birth of the child. Children can not recognize the obvious dysplasia immediately. It is necessary to come to a doctor's consultation with an orthopedist every three months in the first year of life, and then as directed by a doctor. Children under the age of 3 years have all the chances of correcting the situation in case of detection of dysplasia, which will help in time to stop the unwanted development of the disease.
- Inflammation in the joints of - with reduced immunity or if there is an infection in the body, inflammation can occur in the joints. If the treatment is not started on time under the effect of inflammation, it will begin to deteriorate, which leads to the development of arthrosis already apparent in the 2nd degree. In children, the body's immunity in the first years of life is only being formed. Therefore, do not supercool the child's body. But at the same time, and do not allow overheating, which is also harmful not only for the joints in children, but for the whole body as a whole.
- Overweight - most often this is a consequence of metabolic disorders in the human body. The large mass of the body gives an extra burden to the joints as a whole, often leads to their faster wear, which will inevitably lead to deforming arthrosis of the hip or knee joints.
- Endocrine disorders - the cause of the disease can be "diabetes", a consequence of hormonal disorders in the human body. With such a violation, the work of blood vessels worsens, which in turn disrupts the nutrition of articular cartilage and the risk of the disease is high enough. It is worth noting that women with this disease are more affected by arthrosis, and hormonal disorders during the menopause play an important role here. Such a female hormone as estrogen helps regulate the metabolism in the connective tissues of the joints. Therefore, women over the age of 50 should pay more attention to their health.
Symptoms of arthrosis
Symptoms of the disease at the initial stage can be only minor pain in the joints. They have a short time frame, which is often ignored. But even such signs give rise to X-ray examinations. If for a moment the pain in the joints receded, then this does not mean that there is no arthrosis either. With insufficient or incorrect treatment, the initial stage will give impetus to the destruction in the joints and to the development of arthrosis.
Signs of grade 2 arthrosis will be mild pain, but they will not leave you for a long time. With arthrosis of the 2nd degree, there can be obvious signs, whether it is edema in the joint or just its crunching.
Symptoms of stage 3 will no longer pass unnoticed for you. The third stage of arthrosis is difficulty in movement, this is the destruction of the joint and as a result its puffiness or curvature.
The photo below clearly shows the consequences of not sufficient treatment of arthrosis of the fingers
Attentively listen to your body and take care of your health. At the first signs of illness, visit the doctor, and then the arthrosis will not have a chance of survival.