Complex of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a fairly common disease that affects middle-aged people. There are many reasons why a person can acquire a given ailment. Of course, any disease is easier to prevent than treat, but this is neglected by many. Therapeutic exercise is one of the most effective methods of prevention, but it is not resorted to often. There is also a complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis, which helps a person cope with pain, and cheer upOsteochondrosis is a disease of the spine, the focus of inflammation is in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar region. The effect of the disease leads to a thinning of the space between the vertebrae, thereby pinching one or even several nerves. The disease has a pronounced symptomatology, so there is no need for serious diagnosis in order to ascertain it.
Treatment of osteochondrosis is handled by a neurologist. It is this doctor who should formulate a comprehensive treatment regimen. Dystrophic spine disorder is reluctant to treat. To eliminate it, it will take more than one month and not one technique. Let us dwell on the symptoms of this disease.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, osteochondrosis has a pronounced symptomatology. Note the main signs of the onset of the disease:
- Unpleasant sensations in the neck, under the scapula, in the knee or in the lower back. Pain can increase during walking or other motor activity.
- Weakness and malaise, which are accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Low blood pressure. In view of this, a person may experience dizziness and apathy.
- Headache, which does not stop day nor night.
These symptoms indicate that the osteochondrosis is rapidly turning into a severe stage. Dizziness due to low pressure, and the latter, in turn - poor permeability of blood vessels. Osteochondrosis causes a spasm of surrounding vessels, therefore blood supply is seriously disturbed. Low blood pressure, in most cases, is common with severe cervical osteochondrosis. In this case, even fainting may occur to the patient.
One way or another, osteochondrosis requires immediate treatment. Doctors prescribe a whole list of medicines. Often, patients resort to the help of traditional medicine, but it also deserves caution and preliminary consultation of a doctor. So, in addition to the main therapy, one should take into account the exercise complex of exercise therapy in treatment. Movement is a life, many people know about it. So in the fight against osteochondrosis, this winged phrase is as relevant as ever and sees, as they say, directly into the root.
Not artful exercises can significantly reduce the effect of most of the symptoms on a person, thus facilitating his life. Osteochondrosis is a chronic disease, in which remissions often occur.
Physiotherapy in the period of remission of osteochondrosis
Medical gymnastics during the remission of osteochondrosis is aimed at strengthening the main muscle groups of the body and their training. If under the influence of osteochondrosis the lower intervertebral discs have fallen, then it is necessary to remove the tone from them as much as possible during the remission. This is facilitated by training the muscles of the abdomen. It is due to the fact that these muscles come in tone, the load from the lower discs is rapidly decreasing.
According to some information, due to regular employment of exercise therapy, the tension from the intervertebral discs is reduced by 30%.Do not forget that, in general, the growth of muscle strength is the stabilization of the spine.
In the lower back, the spine feels support from the dorsal muscles and the lumbar muscles. Complex exercise therapy for osteochondrosis is more aimed at training the muscles of the back, because they can remove the main burden from the spine. All exercises for the back are performed lying down.
The use of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis
In patients with osteochondrosis, exercise therapy is one of the main methods of treatment of the human musculoskeletal system.
Osteochondrosis is a common disease. It affects the cartilaginous tissue of the discs, as a result it hardens, becomes smaller in size and loses damping properties.
There are several types of osteochondrosis:
- the lumbar.
The most common lumbar osteochondrosis.
There are many reasons for the development of osteochondrosis: from a hereditary predisposition and ending with a curvature of posture, a sedentary way of life, regular lifting of weights.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
One of the most common treatments for the disease is exercise therapy. A complex of exercises LFK appoints a doctor. Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis has many advantages. During training strengthens the muscular corset and removes some load from the spinal column. The circulation of the intervertebral space improves noticeably, the flexibility of the ligamentous apparatus develops, and the space between the vertebrae increases.
The choice of the training complex depends on many factors. For example, the degree of lesions of the vertebrae, the localization of pathology, the degree of complications, possible concomitant diseases and other factors of the development of the disease.
The result will be achieved only if the exercise of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis to perform regularly and follow all the instructions of specialists. To be engaged in physical therapy at an osteochondrosis it is possible and at home, and examples of exercises to find in abstracts and grants on this subject.
Physiotherapy with a common osteochondrosis.
In cases where several parts of the spine are affected at once, the LFC complex combines several types of exercises. However, with such systemic lesions, doctors do not recommend themselves to physiotherapy exercises, the risk of harming their health is very high. And during each lesson, listen very carefully to the body, how it reacts to this or that physical strain. With any difficulty in performing or the slightest painful sensations, the exercise should be changed to a simpler one.
Complex exercise exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
The main task of this complex LFK - to develop intervertebral joints SHOP.
Below are examples of exercises of physiotherapy exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
All exercises are performed using a chair and with a straight back and neck. From the patient it is required to regularly tilt the head to the right and to the left, then forward and backward. Perform the rotation of the head. Tilt your head, giving her resistance with your hands. Applying the left hand to the left temple slightly to prevent the inclination of the head to the left side, and then vice versa.
It should be remembered that any exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis should not be done independently without consulting a specialist. If this is not possible, you can use the help of a training video to look into the medical essay.
The main thing is not to harm the body even more than it is now. An incorrect approach can greatly aggravate an already unhappy situation.
While doing physical exercises, you need every day, doing exercises for about 20 minutes. If the exercises cause pain, the load needs to be reduced or stopped altogether.
Examples of exercises with a high effectiveness of the action of
If the osteochondrosis of an SCOP is accompanied by severe headaches, the following exercises will alleviate the suffering.
It is necessary to sit on a chair, tilt the head forward and hold the muscles of the occipital muscles with hands. Then the head needs to be thrown back, allowing to relax all body. Such manipulations need to be done about 6 times.
Continuing to sit on a chair with an even back and neck, the head should be tilted to the right. Then massage the area between the spine and the scapula. Align the back and relax the muscles. Then all the same to repeat, but already manipulation to lead with the left half of the body. Exercise should be repeated at least 4 times. At the first exercise, you may feel slight discomfort. These are normal sensations, they should not be frightened. However, if there is obvious pain in the neck or back from performing manipulations, you need to refuse.
Thoracic osteochondrosis and exercise complex LFK
The main reason why a set of exercises is prescribed for chest osteochondrosis, strengthening of the back muscles, and also in order to relieve spasms, normalize the blood supply in the intervertebral discs.
The most effective for this type of disease are the following exercises.
I need to lie on the bed. With strength, strain the muscles of the legs, shoulder girdle and abdominal press. After 5-10 seconds, relax the body. Such movements must be performed before the first feeling of slight fatigue. Do not overstrain the body, and with the slightest pain, stop the exercise.
Take the starting position by lying on the bed, bending your knees. Further, lifting the trunk in a bent position, touch the tip of the nose to the knee. Return to the original position. Repeat all actions, but already touch the nose to another knee. Exercise should be done several times and avoid sudden movements. If it's difficult to keep your legs bent, you can help them with your hands.
In addition to individual exercises, there is a whole complex aimed at fighting breast osteochondrosis.
You have to stand up straight and grasp the wrist of the other hand with your hand. Legs should be placed shoulder width apart. Then alternately gently tilt the body in one direction and the other. Exercise should be repeated several times.
For the second exercise, you need a chair. Holding hands on his back, you need to perform several sit-ups. All movements must be smooth. Such squats should be done every day at least 20 times.
And one more exercise with a chair. His back should be strong. You need to sit on a chair, put your hands on the back of your neck and bend back, then return to the starting position. Manipulation should be repeated about 12 times. If the back of the chair is too hard on it, you can put something soft, such as a towel.
One should not forget that all movements should not be sharp, but with strong pain sensations they do not need to be performed.
LFK with lumbar osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercise in the osteochondrosis of the lumbar helps to normalize the tone in the muscles of the back, increases the mobility of the spine and creates a natural stabilizer of the muscular corset. Classes should start with simple exercises, gradually moving to more complex ones. The complex of the selected exercises depends on the type of disease, its complexity and the patient's age.
During exacerbation of osteochondrosis, exercises should be performed during the period of pain disappearance. LFK is used in conjunction with other methods of treatment. At the initial stage, the load should be minimal, as well as the movements of the body during the exercise. All movements are performed lying on either side or abdomen. And the complexity of the exercises increases gradually, all movements are slow and immediately stop when the pain resumes. Between manipulations, it is necessary to relax all muscles.
By the time of recovery, all activities are aimed at strengthening the muscular corset and the muscles of the legs and hands. The load gradually increases. In some cases, doctors recommend that after exercising exercise they wear a corset, and eventually you can do without it.
Several effective exercises are given below.
You need to get down on your knees and lean on your hands. Take a breath, during which raise your head. Then, bend the lower back down. Exhaling, take the original position.
Staying in the same position, inhale, raising his head, and one leg in the meantime pull back. Exhaling, return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
The most correct decision for any kind of osteochondrosis is to go to an appointment with a vertebrologist.
He will select a set of exercises taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism, the severity of the disease and will give all the necessary recommendations.
It is necessary to know and remember that any exercises of exercise therapy should be prescribed by a doctor. There are many therapeutic exercises, but they are all designed for different situations, physical and physiological characteristics and can not be suitable for all patients. The stronger the severity of the disease, the fewer general recommendations for its treatment. The basic complex of exercises is good only on the initial development of osteochondrosis.
Problems of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
The spine is a pillar consisting of 33 vertebrae, fastened together by joints, cartilages and ligaments. It serves as the basis of the entire human skeleton, ensures its vertical position, keeps all organs in the abdomen and breasts in their place. It contains the spinal cord, which is connected with virtually all systems and organs of the human body. For flexibility, strength and cushioning abilities of the spine, intervertebral disks are responsible, the defeat of which leads to osteochondrosis.
What can provoke osteochondrosis
The primary cause of the disease is often incorrect placement of the load on the spine, resulting in intervertebral discs thinning, erasing, and losing elasticity. Among the main causes of osteochondrosis can be named the following:
- smoking, disrupting metabolism and interfering with the recovery processes of the body;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- weak back muscles;
- systematic or one-time weight lifting;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal failures;
- changeable unfavorable weather conditions.
This is far from all factors that can provoke osteochondrosis. In life, the reasons for the deterioration of the spine can be much more, which explains the various symptoms.
Manifestations of osteochondrosis
The most obvious symptom of the disease, when it comes to calling a doctor, is pain. At the first stages it can be blunt, accompanied by a feeling of stiffness. Sharp pain occurs when the nerve root is infringed. When moving, it increases and can lead to a violation of sensitivity in the zone of discomfort. Sharp, shooting pain can appear quite unexpectedly and last for several hours. Local manifestations of osteochondrosis can be accompanied by:
- Headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, nausea and pain in the hands - with violations in the cervical region.
- Cardiac, hepatic, intestinal and stomach pain - with thoracic injuries.
- Backache, mobility and pain in the legs, which indicates violations in the lumbar region. Very good in this case helps the gym. LFK with osteochondrosis is appointed almost always.
- Violation of urination, irritation of the sciatic nerve - with problems in the lumbosacral belly.
Physiotherapy is an integral part of complex treatment and an indispensable measure for prevention.
LFK is a complex of moderate physical exertion, used for many diseases associated with muscular strength dystrophy and restriction of joint movements. This or that complex is prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the features of the patient's disease and functional capabilities.
The main tasks of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis are directed to:
- normalization of the tone of the central nervous system;
- activation of blood flow in damaged areas;
- muscular relaxation;
- stretching and development of some muscle groups;
- strengthening of anterior, posterior and lateral muscles of the spine;
- normalization of nutrition of damaged intervertebral discs;
- the patient's addiction to domestic, labor and other loads;
- prevention of spikes in vertebral canals.
All exercises included in the complex should be performed slowly, it is necessary to avoid sudden movements. In any complex of gymnastics should include exercises that promote stretching, setting the right breathing and relaxing after the load.
LFK for osteochondrosis of lumbar spine
Osteochondrosis of this department is by far the most common. Since this part of the spine undergoes the greatest everyday loads, regardless of the way of life. Pathology is accompanied by pain in the back, sometimes giving to the legs, discomfort in the lower back. LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone is obligatory procedure. Classes will be productive and productive if performed regularly, correctly, and if the patient is well-tuned. It is not recommended to overwork in the process. Choose a complex should be based on personal physical training.
Exercises for osteochondrosis in the lumbar department of
LFK in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine can be divided into several complexes, depending on the period of the disease. During an acute course, the approximate complex may be as follows:
- We are in a prone position. It does not change throughout the complex. To begin with it is necessary to perform simultaneous bending and extension of hands( in a fist) and stop.
- Let's start the leg warm-up. The left is bent at the knee. Right bend and unbend, sliding his heel along the bed. We do 8 repetitions and go to the left leg.
- We knead the upper body by alternately raising our hands upwards.
- Then hands we bring to the shoulders, bend them and make circular motions.
- Then, the legs bent at the knee are pulled to the stomach without hands.
- The legs are bent at the knees, feet together, alternately take your knees aside.
- The next starting position is legs apart. Circular motion stops inside and out.
- We finish the complex with diaphragmatic breathing.
At the time of acute pain with osteochondrosis, it is better to still adhere to bed rest. In order not to aggravate the osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, exercise therapy in this case has a general strengthening effect and serves more hygienic purposes. You should avoid exercises that cause pain. Repeat each costs an average of 8 times. At the same time, the tempo should be slow.
With the reduction of pain, you can go on to special exercises that increase the strength of the muscles of the abdominal press and those involved in flexion and extension of the thighs. LFK in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine in a subacute period may include the following exercises:
- At the beginning of the complex, we assume a recumbent initial position. We begin with the simultaneous bending / unbending of the feet.
- Then alternately bend and unbend knees.
- We bend one leg, the second is set aside. After several repetitions we change our legs.
- Next, we bend both legs in the knee and lift the sacrum, while the spine is slightly curved.
- The legs are still bent at the knee, we continue the complex by lifting the head and shoulders. At the same time we keep our hands on the stomach.
- Bend your knees to the stomach.
- Strain gluteal muscles for 5-7 seconds.
- We change position, we become focused on the knees. Sit down on the heels, without taking his hands off the bed.
- Initial position on the knees, legs apart. Turns of the trunk with the arm raised: right - up the right hand, to the left - up the left hand.
- Exercise "kitty": the back is bent upwards. When returning to its original position, the spine does not bend downward.
- Now we try to touch the left hand with our right knee. And vice versa - the left knee to the right hand.
- We lay down on the stomach, under it it is desirable to place the roller. Alternate lifting of the feet 3 cm from the couch. We stay in position for an average of 5 seconds.
- Coup. We stretch our arms out to the sides and tear off the head and shoulders from the bed, stay for 5 seconds.
- Then alternately bred legs to the sides.
- We turn over on the abdomen, put our feet on the roller and raise the sacrum due to the curvature of the lumbar region.
In exercise therapy in the osteochondrosis of the lumbar region at the end of the subacute period, it is necessary to gradually introduce exercises that help strengthen the muscles of the back. The pace can be increased. All movements are carried out on inspiration, the exit must take the starting position. Exercises 4,5,6 and 7 can be repeated in a circle several times, they are the most important. When diagnosed, lumbar osteochondrosis, even during the period of remission, should exclude such activities as uncoordinated movements and turns, sharp changes in positions. For example, do not engage in tennis, cross-country running, fast dances or rhythmic gymnastics. LFK with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine promotes:
- strengthening of the muscles of the lower back and lower limbs;
- release of strangulated nerves;
- widening the gap between the vertebrae.
Breast osteochondrosis: how the therapeutic gymnastics help
Osteochondrosis in the thoracic region is not as common as in the lumbar or cervical region. This is due to the lower mobility of the vertebrae of this department, respectively, they are less susceptible to damage. Therapeutic exercise in this disease should contribute to:
- increased mobility of the thoracic region, its intervertebral and costal vertebral joints;
- elimination of muscle spasm and stiffness in the damaged area;
- improvement of ventilation.
LFK in chest osteochondrosis: exercises that help the
Before you start the complex, you can prepare yourself lightly. This will greatly improve the effectiveness of exercise therapy. The preparation can include a warm shower and simple exercises, like twists of the trunk, hands and feet. Implementation of the basic complex of exercise therapy, with a daily repetition, will achieve remission of the disease, but it is always necessary to consult a doctor first. So:
- We accept the position on the abdomen. Hands lay by the head, elbows maximally bred in the sides. Slowly and gently lift the shoulders and upper body, then start alternately pulling the elbows up. Do 5 repetitions.
- Do not change the position, hands are stretched out in front of you. Raise the body, completely tearing off the chest from the floor. Then we have our hands along the body and repeat the ascents.
- Lying on my stomach, we put our hands back and fasten them to the lock. Raise closed limbs and bend as much as possible. We freeze in this position for a couple of seconds, smoothly return to the original position.
- Being in the vertical position, the hands are placed on the shoulders. We lift one shoulder, while the second is lowered, the head follows the shoulder, which goes down.
- Sitting on a chair, we have our hands on the belt. Slowly lift the shoulder girdle and gradually return to the original pose. Do 5 repetitions.
- In a position on a chair, with a gymnastic stick, breathing deeply, we raise the arms upwards, as far as possible we reach for the sports equipment. On exhalation we return to the original position.
- In the standing position, we put the gymnastic stick on the shoulders. Holding on to the ends, we make turns right-to-left, up and down. All we do very carefully.
Auxiliary complex for the period of exacerbation
During an exacerbation, when any movement causes pain, it is better to refrain from doing the exercises. When the pain begins to subside, the medication can be supplemented with gymnastics, which will help relax the clamped muscles. Perform charging should be several times a day:
- We stand on the lap. Carefully lift the head up and simultaneously bend the back down. We take a deep breath. When you feel the maximum muscle tension, gently exhale and return to the original position.
- We kneel on a hard surface, hands freely placed along the body. Breathing in, gently raise our hands upwards and make a slow slope forward. We linger, we lower the limbs and only then return to the vertical position.
- We accept the position on the abdomen, with straight arms extended forward. Slowly make the right hand and the left leg rise up. We linger, smoothly descend, repeat with the opposite hand and foot. Do 5 repetitions.
Water gymnastics for osteochondrosis
The water environment is extremely suitable for specially designed complexes designed to treat and prevent osteochondrosis. Performing exercises in water has a number of undeniable advantages:
- the water environment a priori will not allow you to make sudden movements:
- work in water involves all muscle groups;
- the risk of trauma to the spine is minimized.
Exercise complexes are possible only under the supervision of experienced instructors.
Contraindications for water procedures
Contraindication to visiting the pool can be the presence of cutaneous or infectious diseases in the acute period, severe cardiovascular pathologies, diatheses, conditions characterized by convulsive syndrome.
Osteochondrosis is a very unpleasant disease, causing a lot of discomfort and pain. Exercise for lumbosacral osteochondrosis and its other forms, as a component of complex treatment, can significantly improve the patient's condition. Therefore, if a course of physiotherapy was prescribed, it should be performed methodologically, in accordance with the instructions, and then the gymnastics will give long-awaited relief.
Osteochondrosis has become a scourge of modern life. Many working people are forced to spend a lot of time in one pose, for example, sitting at the monitor of a personal computer or laptop. And this is fraught with chondrosis of the cervical spine, if you do not take any protective measures. How to act and what to do to avoid pain? LFK with osteochondrosis will simply save you, eliminate pain and strengthen the spine, restore its mobility! You can do this gymnastics a couple of hours after a meal, but not before going to bed. Perform the exercises smoothly and accurately, paying attention to the reaction of your body - if some exercise causes severe pain, it is better not to do it or perform as accurately and slowly as possible. Before classes, you need to do a warm-up to warm up your muscles, because cold muscles can easily be injured.
Complex LFK with osteochondrosis
Lying on the floor on the back, lift and pull your hands to your feet, bent at the knees. Hold this position for five seconds. Exercise should be done ten times.
The starting position is lying on the floor on the stomach. Legs are straight, arms bent at the elbows. Relying on the elbows, you need to try to lift the torso up parallel to the floor( the exercise is called "lath").Shoulders, waist, pelvis - on the same level. Five or eight seconds, stay in the bar, make two approaches, then lie down on the floor and completely relax.
Lie on your back, legs-arms extended along the body. At the same time raise your arms and legs, grasp your knees with your hands, pull your head to the basin and sway in this position back and forth ten times.
Another very effective exercise LFK with osteochondrosis: lie on your back, legs straight, hands in the sides. On inspiration, lower both knees to the right, hold for a few seconds in this position, then just lower your legs to the left. Perform eight times in each direction.
Lying on the stomach, hands along the torso, legs together. Raise your head, shoulders and chest, while pulling your hands back, in this position hold out for five to eight seconds, then lie down and relax.
Standing on forearms and hips( on all fours), take the right hand to the side and move it in a circle first forward, then back. Do the same with your left hand. Then slowly lower the pelvis to the right, then to the left.
If you are suffering from cervical osteochondrosis, then in this case there is also a special set of exercises. It must be remembered that for the treatment of the neck it must be constantly kneaded. LFK with cervical osteochondrosis is extremely simple:
Standing, turn your head with some effort to the right and left five times. Approaches can be made as much as the state of health will allow.
Same turns, but with the head down.
If you are annoyed by pain in the lower back, then exercise therapy with lumbar osteochondrosis will help to cope with the pain and gain harmony:
If you have a horizontal bar, hang on it for at least a minute. You can do several approaches, but pay attention to your health.
Stand straight and make the slopes right-to-left, forwards and backwards.10 slopes in each direction.
The ideal exercise of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis is push-up. It perfectly strengthens the back, as well as arms and chest. Do ten to fifteen pushups in several approaches.
Before the main complex of exercises, do a warm-up, you can hang on the bar to spread the spine. Remember that through pain you can not practice. You can feel a little discomfort, but not pain! Do it on a hard surface, no soft mattresses - just a gym mat. The waist should not sag.
In addition to exercise, it is very useful for osteochondrosis to swim, ride a bike or ski. Active way of life will help you overcome difficulties, and pain will recede.
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region( video, photo)
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the dorsal part with the help of exercise therapy
If the doctors diagnosed "lumbar spine osteochondrosis" - the patient should think about lifestyle, nutrition, drastically changing it towards activewith compulsory gymnastics and diet. If you ignore the diagnosis, and do not change your lifestyle, even after a successful medical treatment, the back osteochondrosis will come back again after a while.
To treat osteochondrosis of the back, complex treatment is recommended, including:
- drug therapy;
- diet food, it is possible to prescribe a salt-free diet;
- therapeutic charge for the lumbar spine.
An excellent way to eliminate pain syndrome with back osteochondrosis - exercise therapy. With the help of this physiotherapeutic method, a strong muscular corset is created, the task of which is to maintain in a stable state and protect the spine from defeat by osteochondrosis.
Before starting LFK for back with osteochondrosis, it is necessary to eliminate pain syndrome. This is done with the help of medicines - analgesics. If the patient's condition does not stabilize, then exercise can only exacerbate the disease, then charging for the back with osteochondrosis certainly will not help. As soon as the painful sensations are eliminated, after 2-3 days the therapy course can begin.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
General recommendations for exercise therapy
In the early stages, therapeutic gymnastics with lumbar osteochondrosis should be done in the supine position, since in this position the load on the spine is minimal.
If a weak pain sensation appears during exercise, a special roller is used, which is placed under the knees. All LFK exercises are performed without sudden movements, slowly, smoothly, so as not to provoke complications. Performing exercises in prone position, the roller must be placed under the ankle joints.
Important! The complex of exercises for therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastics must be coordinated with the attending physician, since even insignificant, from your point of view, "deviations" from the individual complex will negatively affect the recovery. Before choosing a set of health-improving exercises, it is necessary to establish a diagnosis correctly, since degenerative processes in the intervertebral discs appear as a result of improper operation of the muscles of the back. In this case, therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis as an additional therapy will be appropriate.
8 important rules LFK
Specialists in health gymnastics called the 8 rules, observing which you will get the maximum effect from the medical-improving charge for the back, and also for a long time keep the achieved effect:
- Before beginning the gym, be sure to consult a doctor.
- Charge should be done regularly, ideally - in the morning of each day.
- We are engaged in comfortable, from natural fabrics clothes, avoiding hypothermia.
- During gymnastics, watch your sensations carefully: if pain occurs, reduce the load or stop exercising altogether.
- While doing the exercises, do not make sharp movements, do everything slowly, neatly, smoothly.
- Watch your breathing, do not delay it.
- While performing exercises for the back, make sure that the deflection of the spine forward - lumbar lordosis - does not increase, as this can provoke an exacerbation.
- Follow the individual set of exercises clearly.
What are the goals of exercise therapy?
LFK for the spinal part of the spine in conjunction with drug therapy are aimed at: • The
- does not allow the degenerative process of intervertebral discs to progress;
- to remove compensatory muscle spasms;
- to eliminate the pain syndrome that arose due to compression of the vertebrae of the nerve roots.
Before the therapeutic gymnastics, experts recommend a warm-up for the back.
- Position, lying on the back, pull the feet on yourself, then - to the floor. Knees alternately unbend and bend.
- In the position, lying on your back, slowly raise your hands up, and then, we start by the head.
- From the prone position, we pull the legs in the knees, then slowly lift the sacrum from the floor.
- Position lying on the back, knees bent - tear off the head and shoulders off the floor, stay in this position for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
- Pose - sitting on the lap, hands rest on the floor with the palms of the hands. Alternately, bend the spine.
- In the position lying on the abdomen, alternately raise each leg 7 cm from the floor, keeping the foot for 5-7 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastic complex for the back
The therapeutic and prophylactic complex for the back consists of several stages. The first stage - exercises are required to be performed without special stress, the second stage and the third - are performed with the greatest effort. On performance, scroll on the day 20 minutes, best to plan for exercise therapy morning time or one hour before sleep.
Complexes of gymnastics for the back are different for different periods, they should be discussed with the doctor individually, practiced with a methodologist for therapeutic and preventive physical education.
- Position - standing, feet set on the width of shoulders, hands - on the waist. Slowly, without sudden movements, lean forward, we return to the starting position. Further, from the initial position, bend with the straight back as far back as possible. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is the same, but the slopes are executed from side to side, we follow the back, it must be straight. We perform 10-15 times.
- Lying position: we strain the abdominal muscles, try, as if to squeeze the back into the floor. We stay in this position for 5-10 seconds, repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on the back, legs bend at the knees. With the elbow of the right hand, we try to reach the knee of our left leg. We do the same, but with the other hand and foot. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position - lying on the back: we stretch our hands behind the head, stretch ourselves well.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the back we perform 2-3 months, ideally - all life. Do not forget about the continuous control of the correctness of posture. Exercises, the force of their work, specialists choose, taking into account the patient's condition.
When can not I exercise?
Like all medical procedures, exercise therapy has its own contraindications and limitations. Do not exercise if:
- high temperature;
- , the instability of the spine department is observed( before the beginning of the exercise, perform an X-ray examination);
- on the background of worsening of the general condition - neurological symptoms increase.
LFK with osteochondrosis for the back plays an important role, as it tones muscles, strengthens them well. If the muscles are weak, the entire load and weight of the body "hang" on the spine, deforming the intervertebral discs, flattening them. Strengthened muscles of the back, lumbar spine create an additional corset, part of the load is taken over. And also, therapeutic exercises help to get rid of salts, as muscular and bone tissues at physical loads use them to compensate physiological losses. And constant active movements, gradually, day after day, like "grind" the thorns of salt, making them not so sharp and painful.
LFK for osteochondrosis: TOP exercises
LFK exercises are combined with medical treatment and are an important part of the treatment complex for osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine. Also, a complex of training can be used for prevention.
With the correct application of exercise therapy, you can notice the following positive changes. For example:
- Strengthens the muscular corset.
- Reduced tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
- Reduced compression of intervertebral discs and strangulated nerve endings.
- Inflow of blood into the affected area is normalized.
- Improves the work of internal organs.
- Also the complex of trainings promotes the prevention of other diseases of the spine.
- Decreased intake of medication.
Therapeutic physical training can be different in the scope of the performed movements, according to the type of technique, can depend on the stage of the development of the disease and the affected spine( cervical, lumbar or thoracic).It can also include both strength exercises for osteochondrosis, and exercises that require minimal effort.
But the basic principles of the exercises are similar. So:
- Treatment sessions should be conducted in a well-lit, clean, ventilated room.
- Take a shower or bath before exercising. Clothes should be made from natural fabrics, clean, and do not constrain movements.
- You should not be distracted from the exercises - no loud sounds, no flashes of light, or anything else.
- Do not move sharply, smoothly, without jerking and jumping.
- Before starting the exercise program for osteoporosis, make sure that your pulse is in the normal state, measure the pressure. You also need to do some breathing exercises. Repeat the same after measuring the pressure.
- Increase gradually the exercise load during exercise. If the strength exercises with osteochondrosis cause acute pain in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar region during the exercise, stop the exercises.
- All the exercises do on inspiration, in the starting position, go back on exhalation.
- Before performing a complex of exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis, consult your doctor. Also, the complex should be selected with the help of a specialist.
- Training should be permanent, not single.
General physical training
- Hanging on the crossbar. Exercise allows you to regulate the work of the spine with the help of its extension due to the person's own weight. This type of exercise helps to increase the distance between the vertebrae. But not all patients can perform the exercise.
- An alternative to hovering on the crossbar can be walking on all fours. To perform the exercise you need to get on all fours, bend your back and waist and walk like a cat. Osteochondrosis occurs only in humans, including because of walking on two legs. Animals do not have such diseases.
- Get to the starting position and make the deflections in the back, like the way you stretch in bed after sleeping. Go down on your knees and put your hands on the floor. Adjust your breathing. Bend your back and then straighten up.
- Lie down on the floor, clasp your knees bent at the feet with both hands and pull your legs to your stomach. Straighten up.
- Sit on a chair with a firm back. Put your hands in the seat. Raise the left leg, then the right leg up, while bending it in the knee and hip joint.
Exercises can be performed up to 10 times.
- If the osteochondrosis in the cervical region is already at a certain stage, it is necessary to begin the performance of a certain physical culture technique. Remove tension and pain in the neck area will help the following exercises:
- Lie on your side and slightly raise your head. Count to five and lower it. If possible, perform the exercise up to 6 times.
- Lie on your stomach and weave your fingers in the back of your head. After that, try to raise your head as much as possible, and at the same time, lower it down, pressing with your hands.
- Lie on your back and place a hard pillow under your head. Begin rhythmically pressing the pillow head. In total there should be 5-6 such calls.
- Sit on a chair, lower your arms along the trunk and turn your head, as far as possible to the right, and then to the left. You need to make 5-10 such turns in each direction.
- Sit on a chair and relax your arms along the trunk. Try to press your chin as tightly as possible to your chest. Exercise should be repeated up to 10 times.
- Place the palm on the forehead. Tilt your head forward and at the same time try to overcome the resistance of the hand.
- A similar exercise can be done by placing the palm on the temporal area on the right, and then on the left.
Exercises in breast osteochondrosis and osteochondrosis in
loin in this area back there is a large number of different muscles. Therefore, therapeutic techniques and exercises for chest osteochondrosis and lumbar provide for greater loads than when training in case of pain in the cervical region.
- Sit on a chair with a firm and high back. Weave the fingers of both hands on the back of the head. Make the deflections of the spine so that the spine is pressed against the upper edge of the back. With this position, bend back and lean forward.
- Lie on your back on a hard floor. Under the back, put the middle roller( diameter about 10-12 cm).Bend the spine so that the back in the thoracic area rises above the platen.
- Lie on your back, hands pull parallel to the trunk. Also put the legs parallel to each other. In this position, try to lift the upper part of the trunk.
- Get on your knees, pull out your hands and head and put them on some support. In this position, slowly begin to bend your back first upwards, and then down.
- Lie on your stomach and spread your arms and legs slightly. Try to lift first the left, and then the right leg.
- Get on your knees and put your hands on the floor. In this position, begin asymmetrically raising your left arm and right leg and vice versa.
exercises, helps to relieve spasms in breast osteochondrosis
This type of physical therapy is very important for patients with osteochondrosis at different stages, as the disease is accompanied by cramps and muscle tension. Exercises include alternate relaxation and muscle tension. When practicing this type of physical education, it is also possible to stretch tensed muscles, after which their relaxation begins.
Here are some of the most effective exercises in this regard.
- Lie on your back, straighten your spine, arms and legs. On the department in which the pain is localized, put your hand( this is necessary in order to fix the shoulder girdle).Place the palm of the other hand on the temple area and the back of the head, and at the same time grasp the neck area in which you feel pain. Elbow aside. With the help of elbow manipulation, you can strain and relax the muscles of the neck.
- Sit down, straighten your back and bend your neck slightly. At the same time raise your hands up. Bend your arms in the elbows and wrap them around your hands. When inhaling, raise your head up, and with your head your elbows. Ensure that the entire musculature of the shoulder girdle is involved in the exercise. After the exercise, take the starting position, lower your arms.
- Lie on the floor face up and place a middle pillow under your back. In this case, the head should hang freely from the edge of the pillow. Turn your head to the side opposite the painful area. In this position, look at the legs and try to raise your head. Hold the position for several seconds.
All of the above set of exercises for osteochondrosis should be done only on the instructions of the doctor and under his supervision. It is necessary to take into account the combination of drug therapy and training Otherwise, instead of recovering, you can achieve quite the opposite effect.
LFK in osteochondrosis of lumbar spine
Most often, problems associated with exercise therapy occur in patients with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine. Because many of the common exercises for training the muscles of the spine and abdominal press are time-consuming. Unreasonable use of them by patients who have not been shown these exercises, can lead to an exacerbation of the disease. It should be remembered that exercise therapy is also a physical exercise. Its excess can lead to disruption of adaptive mechanisms in the spinal column. Therefore, one should not rush to perform gymnastic exercises that require great efforts of the body.
Our gym complex consists of several steps. And the exercises of each subsequent step require you a little more physical strength than the previous ones. Therefore, before you start, you need to determine your own level of physical readiness. To do this, move from step to step and listen to your own feelings. Having felt in any department of a backbone, a buttock or a leg a pain, stop and carry out exercises of a previous step. Determination of endurance of the spine to the load must be carried out before the beginning of each session. And then, observing this simple condition, you will insure yourself against deterioration of well-being after charging. The gymnastic complex of all levels is composed in such a way that there are exercises that shorten the muscles, mainly deep muscles of the back and muscles of the abdominal press. And also relaxing and stretching them.
- The contractions of the abdominal muscles until they feel easy fatigue.
- Starting position: standing on all fours, leaning on the knees and palms. Raise your head, gently bend your back, lower your head, bend your back. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands behind the head, legs bent at the knees. Put both feet on the floor to the right of the trunk, the shoulder blades touch the horizontal plane. Make a series of small "swinging" turns. Then put your feet to the left of the trunk and perform the same. Repeat 10 times in each direction.
- Self-extension of the lumbar spine in the supine position( it is better to spend on a bed with an elevated headboard).Tighten on his hands, holding on to the back of the bed so that the pelvis somewhat lag behind the movement of the upper body. In order for the traction to take place, before exercising it, train the muscles for separate work. For this purpose, try to hold the muscles of the upper part of the trunk and hands in a tension of 4-5 seconds and simultaneously relax all the muscles that are below the chest. When pulling, keep the feeling of relaxation in these muscles achieved during exercise. Exercise is especially useful to perform after every forced rise to those who are prescribed bed rest.
- Starting position: lying on the back. Pull the toes of the feet on yourself, keep 3-5 seconds, relax.
- Starting position: lying on the back, legs bent at the knees, hands along the trunk. Leaning on shoulder blades, shoulders and feet, raise the pelvis, lower it. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands on the floor, legs slightly bent. Put both feet on the floor to the right of the trunk, while turning the head and upper body to the left. Make a series of small "swinging" turns. Then put your feet to the left of the trunk, while turning your head and upper body to the right and also make a series of "swinging" turns. Repeat 10 times.
- Starting position: lying on its side. Bend the leg in the knee and hip joints, squeeze the hip to the stomach. Repeat 3-5 times with each leg.
- Starting position: standing on all fours, leaning on the knees and palms. Crawl under an imaginary bar. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the trunk. Bend the leg in the knee and hip joints, press the hip to the stomach. Repeat 2-4 times with both feet.
- Starting position: sitting on the floor, back straight, hands on knees. Tilt the body back until there is a slight tension in the abdominal muscles, lingering in this position for 5-7 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Starting position: lying on the right side, with support on the elbow, the right arm supports the head, the same leg is slightly bent. While keeping your left leg straight and your socks drawn, lift it up as high as possible and lower it in front of you. Then lift the leg up to the vertical position again. Repeat 5-7 times with each foot.
- Starting position: standing on all fours, leaning on the knees and palms. Alternate lifting of a straight leg. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the trunk. Embrace the legs with your hands, press them to your chest, ride on your back, return to the starting position, relax. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Perform a deep slope in the lower back of the previously proposed scheme.
- Starting position: sitting on knees bent at the knees( heels under the buttocks), hands locked into the lock at the top. Accept the position on your knees, then sit down on the floor, leaving the heels to the right, then to the left of the buttocks. Repeat 10-12 times in each direction.
- Starting position: standing on all fours, leaning on the knees and palms. Simultaneous lifting of opposite arms and legs. Repeat 5-7 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the trunk. Raise the straight leg at an angle of 45 °, lock, then raise the second leg, fix, lower one leg, then the second, relax. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the trunk. Simultaneous lifting of straight legs to an angle of 45 °.Hold for 3-5 seconds, lower legs, relax. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the trunk. Embrace the legs with your hands, press them to your chest, ride on your back, return to the starting position, relax. Repeat 5-7 times.
- Starting position: sitting on the floor, legs bent at the knees, divorced to the width of the shoulders. Maximize the torso forward, passing it between the knees, until there is a slight pain in the stretched muscles. Hold in this position for 5-7 seconds, straighten. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Perform a deep slope in the waist according to the previously proposed scheme.
In conclusion, I would like to offer those who suffer lumbar pain, often perform deep slopes in the lower back. This is not only a fairly effective way to eliminate back pain, but also one of the ways to prevent it.
"LFK with osteochondrosis of lumbar spine" and other articles from topic Spine health