Treating the calcaneal spur folk remediesSpore spur( plantar fasciitis) is a pathology related to a group of degenerative-inflammatory diseases in which the growth of bone tissue occurs in the area of attachment of the tendon of the heel.
For its treatment, uses a variety of techniques. Proven and no less effective in relation to the traditional are the folk methods of treating the calcaneal spur.
Advantages of treating the disease with folk remedies
As a result of the treatment of pathology with the help of traditional medicine, the effect of medications taken is even greater, or even makes it possible to do without them. The advantages of treating heel spurs with folk methods include :
- No side effects;
- Easy to use;
- Low cost, affordable for each person's budget.
To combat the disease at home use: medicinal herbs, alcohol and aqueous solutions, apple cider vinegar, as well as purchased in a pharmacy iodine and medical bile. These funds, with the right approach, can cope even with old spurs.
Folk recipes for the treatment of the disease
Remedies for calcaneal spurs based on medical bile
It is not difficult to buy bile, it is dispensed without a prescription at any pharmacy. It can be used for warming compresses in pure form and in combinations:
- Bile with vodka and shampoo;Bile with grated cheese and potatoes.
Treatment of bile is aimed at getting rid of burning pain and resorption of the heel spur.
- Prescription number 1. Bile + vodka + shampoo For preparation of the mixture will need 40 g of bile;20 g of vodka;a little shampoo. Mix all the ingredients in the specified proportions. Wash and dry your feet dry. Dip a piece of gauze in the resulting solution, attach to the heel and fix it with a bandage, put warm socks on top. The procedure is best done before bedtime. The mixture is enough for 3 treatments.
- Recipe No. 2. Bile + potatoes. You will need 20 g of bile and 1 potato. Grate potatoes on a fine grater, add bile, mix and apply gruel to a painful place for a day, fixing over a bandage or special medical mesh. The procedure can not be interrupted, these approaches need to be followed. 10.
- Recipe No. 3. Bile. Moisten a piece of cotton cloth or bandage in bile and attach to the heel in the form of lotion for the night, top with a plastic bag and secure, put on the sock. In the morning, remove the applique, wipe the heel with boric alcohol or lotion. For best results, perform 20 procedures. Interruptions between sessions are highly undesirable. This course has excellent results, the manifestations of which can be seen already after 7 lotions. With the onset of relief, you can not stop treatment, you need to bring it to the end, then the disease will recede.
Recipes based on plants
Folk recipes for calcaneal spur based on plants are very diverse, both in composition and in effect on the affected area.
- Prescription number 1. Home ointment. For preparation use: Gold Us( stems, leaves) and unsalted fat( goose, badger, pork, bear), you can butter. Grind the plant, combined with fat in a meat grinder or a food processor. Fat is used 2 times more in relation to the plant. The resulting mixture rub the heel at night, dressing on top of the socks. After 7 procedures, take a break. You can not use this recipe for smoking people, there can be severe allergic manifestations.
- Recipe № 2. Warming compress. It takes alcohol 70 degrees, diluted with water and dried medicinal herb. Fill the container with a third of the grass and pour it over with alcohol, put it for a few days in a dark place. Infusion to use for grinding and compresses in the evening. As herbs, you can choose any of the following: nettle, lobster, burdock root, elecampane, plantain, celandine.
- Recipe № 3. Tincture. Ready tincture of sabelnik( purchased in a pharmacy), diluted in water in proportions 1: 3.Take 3 r. / Day before meals for 3 weeks. The course can be repeated( if the pain has not disappeared), but with a small interval - 1 week.
- Recipe # 4. Garlic with chalk. Skip the garlic clove garlic and crush the chalk 1: 1.Pre-steal the legs and attach the gruel to the spur. After several such sessions, the spur will disappear.
Flatfoot correctionTreating the calcaneal spur folk remedies must necessarily be combined with by correcting the flatfoot .
To this end, use special orthopedic insoles, the selection of which is carried out individually.
They reduce the risk of injury to soft tissues in the heel area, which is due to a special structure( horseshoe-shaped horseshoe).
Exercise should be done in shoes with orthopedic insoles. You need to start classes after a warm-up, as a result of which all the muscles should stretch.
They can be carried out at any convenient time.
- Leaning against the wall, put the feet at one level one before the second, the patient should be behind. Do sit-ups without taking them off the floor. Perform up to the tension of the plantar fascia, 10 times. If both legs are struck, while performing the exercises, the legs need to be alternated;
- Spread on the floor small objects( more than 30 pieces) in different sizes and try to collect them with your toes, moving them to the designated place. Do 5 minutes;
- Take a small sized ball or rolling pin, a bottle, put under the foot and roll by foot, massaging its vaults with the walls of the object. When pain in the leg in the bottle you need to get water - this will remove the unpleasant sensations, and also perform 5 minutes.
Diet and lifestyle during the treatment of
The nutrition and healthy lifestyle of with a calcaneal spur play a big role. After all, the calcaneal spur is the result of the deposition of uric acid salts. The purpose of the diet is to restore the acid-base balance, removing excess salts from the body. To do this, reduce the use of the following products:
- Fats - vegetable and butter, cream, sour cream, solid animal fats;
- Carbohydrates - cocoa, chocolate, jam, candy, syrup;
- Proteins - yeast, beer, offal, alcohol, canned food, mushrooms, meat, beans, strong tea and coffee.
Carbohydrates can be consumed 400 g / day, wheat and rye bread, cereals and flour products are allowed. As for proteins, in the diet meat and fish should be present 2 r. / Week, but only in stew or boiled form, the ingestion of this element into the body should not exceed 80 g / day.
You should increase the consumption of fiber and pectin , which will help get rid of excess fluid. They are rich:
- Vegetables - zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers;
- Berries - strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, cherries, grapes, cherries;
- Fresh fruits - oranges, plums, peaches, pears, apricots, apples.
In the , the treatment should be consumed with a lot of fluids( 3 liters / day) - it can be not only water, but also teas( green, chicory, coriander), as well as watermelons, cucumbers, mineral alkaline water, rose hips. There is recommended porridge, cereal and vegetable soups, eggs, nuts, drink milk in any quantities.
Very whey and acidic fresh milk are useful, they help the body get rid of purine bases. Food should be taken fractionally 5 r. / Day. To lead a healthy lifestyle, which does not include bad habits.However, we should not forget that before you begin treatment of the heel spur any folk remedy, you should consult a qualified specialist. Self-medication can be quite dangerous for health.
The fast way to recovery is a comprehensive approach to treatment, a healthy lifestyle and the implementation of the recommendations of the attending physician.
Video: Effective recipes for combating the calcaneal spur
Heel spur, symptoms and treatment at home
Also the method is contraindicated in the presence of acute infections of any nature.
Ultrasonic waves relieve pain, reduce inflammation due to deep tissue warming. Penetrating the damaged fascia, ultrasound accelerates its healing at the cellular level. Muscles relax, blood flow to the ligaments and tendons increases, edema decreases.
A beam of light is sent to the damaged area. Positive effect is observed after 2-6 sessions, depending on the characteristics of the disease, the characteristics of the patient's body. Penetrating to great depth, the laser stimulates metabolic processes in damaged tissues, accelerates their regeneration.
The aim of previous methods is to remove inflammation, prevent and inhibit bone growth, regenerate soft tissues. Surgical intervention allows you to completely get rid of the build-up, but does not guarantee its reappearance, so this method doctors only apply in extreme cases.
The extent of surgery depends on the nature of the disease. During surgery, the plantar fascia is partially or completely cut, with simultaneous removal of the spurs and damaged tissues. But with complete( disconnecting) fasciotomy, the anatomy of the foot is disturbed. As a result, a change in gait causes disability.
Minimal invasiveness is characterized by radiofrequency microtenomy( burning out).Under the influence of high-frequency electromagnetic radiation destroy damaged tissues, as well as nerve fibers, which allows you to remove the pain syndrome completely.
The effectiveness of any technique depends on the timely diagnosis of the disease and the implementation of a set of preventive measures to prevent its development. Do not use numerous "folk" means, even if they helped friends. In the best case, they will prove to be simply ineffective.
Prevention of heel spurs
Preventive measures for the prevention and development of the disease can be summarized by the abbreviation - HLS( healthy lifestyle).There are several areas of prevention of calcaneal spurs:
- control of body weight;
- prevention of premature aging of the osteoarticular apparatus;
- prevention of injuries, wear of the osteoarticular apparatus;
- timely diagnosis and qualified treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Corns, ingrown nails, bruises often cause changes in the position of the foot and create conditions for trauma to plantar ligaments. In the presence of discomfort, pain in the area of the heel should immediately consult a doctor and begin treatment.
Body Weight Control
Excess body weight not only increases the load on the longitudinal arch of the foot. Simultaneously, a large weight can be evidence of metabolic disorders, various diseases that can directly or indirectly affect the condition of the plantar fascia, stimulate the formation of the calcaneal spur.
Prevention of aging of the osteoarticular apparatus
Active lifestyle, proper nutrition, control over your health will avoid premature aging of the joints, bones. Particular attention to the state of bone tissue should be given to women after 40 - the risk of osteoporosis. Medicine offers many mineral-vitamin complexes to support the health of the musculoskeletal system.
Preventing injuries and wear
Wearing the wrong shoe, heavy loads during sports training are also a common cause of heel spurs.
Shoes with high heels should be worn no more than 3-4 hours a day. Orthopedists do not recommend flip-flops, sandals and other types of footwear without a back for constant wearing. Shoes should be with a small heel - 3-4 cm and firmly keep on their feet.
For flat feet, you must purchase orthopedic shoes or use correcting insole.
According to medical statistics, almost 25% of people involved in running, face pain in the heels. The reason is an unprofessional approach to training. Doing sports are useful only when doing the exercises correctly. During running, jumping, walking, you need to monitor the position of the foot, gradually increase the load. In the case of injuries, sprains, professionals are advised to reduce the intensity of training or abandon them until complete recovery. You need to resume the interrupted classes gradually.
Timely diagnosis of
The effectiveness of treatment depends mostly on the timely diagnosis of the disease. Referring to the doctor at the first sign of the calcaneal spur will avoid complications. People who are in the "risk group" - with flat feet, pathologies and diseases of the joint-bone apparatus, regularly undergo a check-up. Self-medication with medicinal, folk remedies is unacceptable! Use of medical equipment should be carried out only on the advice of a doctor and under his supervision.
Diet with calcaneal spur
One of the most important places in the treatment of heel spurs is diet. The osteophyte is formed from salts of uric acid. Therefore, the main goal of the diet is to normalize the acid-base balance, remove salts and reduce the risk of inflammatory processes in the body. Starvation can provoke an exacerbation of the disease, therefore it is completely excluded.
- decrease in consumption of fish, meat, cereals, low-fat dairy products;
- the constant use of vegetables, fruits, fatty dairy products;
- plentiful drink - up to 3 liters a day: alkaline mineral water, decoctions and tinctures of dog rose, coriander, nettle, chicory;decrease in intake of easily assimilated carbohydrates - sugar, honey, sweets, chocolate, etc.;
- rejection of mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy seasonings;
- rejection of alcoholic beverages, including beer;
The exact diet is chosen by the attending physician for the patient's health condition. Compliance with such a diet contributes to the improvement of health in general.
Heel spur in children
The causes of heel spur formation in children are in many respects similar to "adults":
Diet for calcaneal spur
Treatment includes application of both external and internal methods. Moreover, the latter often bring great results, since they do not influence the localization of the disease, but also the whole organism, improving it and eliminating digestive, urogenital and cardiovascular disorders. The spur will not give up so simply, but gradually it can be eliminated by means of a special diet that calms inflammation, removes salt and reduces weight.
First of all, you can limit the consumption of salt and salt products, increase the amount of water you drink. Food and ration are made more diverse, vegetables and fruits are added to the menu, fresh watermelons and cucumbers are especially recommended, as well as actively stimulating the salting out of the body of boiled rice. The main goal of the renewed diet is to balance the acid-base balance, which is why the amount of meat, cereals and chocolate consumed is limited.
Physiotherapy and Exercise
The methods of the first line - the methods that make up the treatment and begin the therapy, which the heel sphin is afraid of, - is gymnastics. The recommended exercises are based on the principle of stretching the plantar fascia, which makes it flexible and elastic. The possibility of new microscopic ruptures is reduced. Sometimes exercises increase pain, which is most often associated with common mistakes - excessive pressure and aggression in the performance of movements. You can reduce the intensity of classes, but you can not completely stop treatment.
Exercises must necessarily be carried out in combination with the use of special shoes, appointed by the doctor. Start training should only after a preliminary warm-up, which should stretch all the muscles that affect the tension of the plantar fascia. You can exercise at any time convenient for you.
# 1.Leaning against the wall, the feet are placed on one line in front of each other, the diseased leg behind. If both hurts, the legs alternate. Do not tear off the feet from the floor, crouch, until the plantar fascia does not stiffen. Repeat 10 times.
# 2.This exercise is the most effective treatment, it is performed on the stairs. During the exercise, you can stick to the railing. Become socks on the edge of the step so that the heels hang down. Slowly and gently lower them below the surface of the step until a feeling of tension in the shin appears, in this position, it is necessary to linger for 10 seconds and return to the initial position. Then they climb on the socks of both legs 10 times, rest for 1-2 minutes and repeat the exercise, but on one leg.
# 3.Take a small ball, a rolling pin, a bottle or a tube with a diameter of 4-5 cm, put under the foot and roll the foot, pressing and massaging the longitudinal arch of the foot with the walls of the object. If the leg hurts, the bottle is taken up with water, which removes unpleasant sensations. Do the exercise for 5 minutes.
# 4.Spill out small objects, lift them from the floor with your toes and fold them into a strictly designated place. It can be a spread on the floor, and some kind of capacity. It is important that things are of different sizes, and their number should exceed 30 pieces.
# 5.With a tape or hands, it is necessary to pull the feet toward you. Preferably by hands, because it is thus easier to control the applied force. When the maximum possible bending angle is reached, the stops are held in this position for 10-15 seconds. It is necessary to do ten repetitions.
Exercises replace unwanted physical activity with heel spurs: exercise and running.
Prevention of calcaneal spur
The best prevention is self-massage of the feet, which stimulates blood circulation and improves microcirculation of the skin. If you do a daily self-massage, no treatment is needed in the foreseeable future. Regular exercises of exercise therapy will make the fascia elastic and prevent micro-ruptures, and comfortable shoes with instepodal insoles, manufactured by individual measures, will help to cope with the weight of the body.
Chasing after an eternally elusive fashion, exhausting physical loads, overeating - all this undermines health and leads to problems with the feet. For your body, the person answers himself. In his power, working hard on his body, to change and correct what nature has given him, and the treatment appointed by the doctor will help him in this commendable undertaking. Performing simple recommendations, the patient and resists the heel spur, and contributes to his future.
How to treat the heel spur?
The heel spur is the deposition of calcium salts on the lower part of the calcaneus. The growth can reach up to 3 cm in length, but can only be discerned on an X-ray.
The process of spur formation takes several months and often passes painlessly. In combination with plantar fasciitis( inflammation of the connective tissue that extends to the base of the fingers), the built-up edge can cause severe pain.
Injuries of muscles and ligaments, stretching of the plantar fascia, repeated ruptures of membranes covering the calcaneus provoke the growth of the calcaneal spur. Causes are combined with factors that increase the risk of the disease:
- Various gait disturbances that cause stress of bones, ligaments and nerves in the heel, including flat feet.
- Jumping and running on hard surfaces.
- Rigid and narrow shoes without an instep.
- Overweight, obesity and diabetes.
The probability of fasciitis increases with age, when the flexibility of the fascia is lost, fatty tissues dissolve, which play the role of shock absorbers. Athletes and people spending most of the day on their feet are prone to problems with the heel. Frequent and short bursts of intense physical activity, a high internal arch of the foot also cause a propensity for the appearance of a defect. Women are more predisposed to fasciitis because they injure their feet with uncomfortable high-heeled shoes. The weakness of the ligamentous apparatus due to hormonal influences affects the risk of developing the disease.
How do I recognize a spur?
Pain is not always a sign of the calcaneal spur. Symptoms can be associated with temporary or permanent discomfort after walking, running and pointing to the inflammatory process, the treatment of which is the first step. Bony overgrowth is capable of injuring soft tissues, which provokes unpleasant sensations. However, many people experience a feeling of a needle in the heel, especially in the mornings when trying to stand on the affected leg. Over time, the pain becomes dull, but returns after a long sitting.
Basic therapy of fasciitis
Pain in the heel for a month is an occasion to think about the heel spur and to look for which doctor treats it. You need to contact an orthopedist who will carry out the diagnosis, will tell you how to get rid of the disease by choosing the appropriate method of treatment from the following options:
- Exercises for stretching the calf muscles are needed to restore normal foot biomechanics. Performing them 5-6 times a day, you can alleviate the pain: - Put one leg with a heel on the step( another elevation), tilt the body forward and reach out to the toe. The shin of a foot standing on the floor will receive a stretch. - Get up to the wall, take one leg forward, tilt the body and rest against the wall with your elbows.
- Recommendations for choosing shoes: heel 2-4 centimeters, wide sock, tight fit on the leg. This will balance the load on the bunch.
- Orthopedic insoles for a calcaneal spur are prescribed exclusively by an orthopedist, choosing the size, thickness, material. The weight of the patient, the stage of development of the disease, the severity of the symptoms are taken into account. Anesthesia, protection against trauma - the main purpose of the liner, which must be periodically changed. Insoles become a "corset" that supports the anatomical position of the foot in a state of rest and movement, accelerates blood supply and develops muscles.
- Podpyatnik - shortened version of the insole with a spur for raising the heel and unloading the fascia. The doctor chooses latex, cork or helium products, depending on the severity of the inflammation. The podpjatochnik serves for a long time, but it must be washed after use.
- Night tires fixing the ankle in the stretched state, lead to recovery in 80% of cases throughout the year. They well protect against a strong morning pain.
Preparations against plantar fasciitis
Treatment with medications can reduce inflammation and chronic soreness that interferes with walking, but does not relieve morning pain because they do not eliminate the cause - trauma. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the aching and pulling sensations in the foot at night and during an active day.
When choosing what to treat a heel spur, do not consult in the pharmacy - it is better to consult a specialist. Medicamentally, you can temporarily take off the discomfort. Similarly, steroid drugs( hydrocortisone, diprospan) are administered, which are injected into the affected area. Sometimes medicinal therapy is combined with ultrasound, using sonophoresis, or electrophoresis - the action of a low direct current.
Physiotherapy is the second mainstream of
therapy. This group has combined many modern methods that avoid surgery and really represent an effective treatment for the heel spur:
- Ultrasound is a complex, based on warming and microvibration. Reduced inflammation, pain, accelerated healing of microtraumas, edema is removed and blood flow is stimulated. The ultrasonic technique is useful at the stage of exacerbation.
- Shockwave therapy directs deep into the tissue acoustic waves, where on the borders of muscles, joints and bones causes vibrations, stimulating the activity of cells and the formation of vessels. Update, healing should be after several sessions.
- Laser therapy speeds up metabolic mechanisms in tissues with a warm beam, initiates regeneration, relieves inflammation. Sessions should be visited until the symptoms disappear completely.
- The heel sphenotherapy of the calcaneal spur acts in low doses from the sole, posterior, or Achilles tendon - the direction is determined by the attending physician. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks, and in case of relapse, repeated sessions are prescribed.
Surgical treatment of plantar fasciitis
More than 90% of patients are cured using conservative approaches. However, after 9-12 months of unsuccessful attempts at treatment, surgical methods are used. In recent years, they have been significantly improved and avoid complications.
Removing the calcaneal spur through a large incision refers to an outdated technique, as it turned out that the process itself is not a source of inflammation and pain. A newer method is considered plantar fasciosis - weakening of the fascia of the foot to eliminate the disease. The severity of the process directly determines the amount of intervention. Therefore, before the operation, a comprehensive examination is conducted in order to determine how to treat the spur surgically. The surgeon cuts( partially or completely) the fascia and removes the affected tissue.
Complete fasciosis is fraught with many complications: disabilities gait, disability. Compliance with postoperative recommendations is mandatory. The leg needs rest, cold compresses, bandages, tires, wearing postoperative shoes and crutches. The operation increases the risk of numbness of the heel, seizures, stress fractures.
Is it possible to cure a disease without dangerous procedures? Yes. Radiofrequency micrototomy excludes large-scale interference in the structure of the foot. High-frequency electromagnetic waves cauterize the affected areas and nerve endings, blocking painful impulses.
Treatment of the disease: the search for alternatives
- Bile medical came from rheumatology, where he treated the inflamed joints after trauma. Its effectiveness with a calcaneal spur is exaggerated, because the tissue state does not change and the fasciitis calms down for a while.
- Ointments, both anti-inflammatory and with the use of folk recipes, can alleviate pain with mild disease. In severe cases, "poultices" will be ineffective without physiotherapy and influence on the biomechanics of the foot.
- A patch is a more comfortable alternative to ointments and injections to stop the inflammatory focus and pain symptoms. A two-week course helps to remove the acute process, but does not cure fasciitis.
- The vibroacoustic device of the vitaafon provides treatment for the heel spur, improving blood flow, cell renewal. Home use of the device is a plus as an additional tool.
- A diet with a calcaneal spur helps the body cope with the cause of the disorder. It is necessary to drink more water, to refuse sharp, salty, flour and meat food. Food is based on the prevalence of vegetables and fruits, fatty dairy products.
- Massage is aimed at kneading tissues, facilitating edema. Pressing with the thumb, can be accompanied by a crunch. Ten sessions are enough to calm the pain.
Prevention of calcaneal spur - the best treatment for
Foot care includes many activities related to maintaining the muscular and ligamentous apparatus in a working condition. To prevent plantar fasciitis, it is necessary to protect the foot well from bumps, injuries, overstrain, namely:
- With flat feet buy quality, well-lightening shoes with a hard back and orthopedic insoles.
- Wear for sports and walking shoes with shock absorbing soles.
- Choose special shoes that match the needs of the sport.
- It's good to warm up and stretch before each workout.
- Refuse from shoes with a heavily worn out sole or heel.
- Reset excess weight and stay physically active.
Attentive attitude to the joints, spine and muscles is a pledge of healthy and mobile old age. Timely contact with a doctor at the first sign of illness - saves from long treatment and costs.