Features of the treatment of gout with medicines
Inflamed joint destroys uric acid salts
Gout is a joint disease characterized by the deposition of urate salts in tissues. In case of an attack of the patient, the patient feels severe pain, so he immediately calls on the doctor. Treatment of gout is carried out in a complex way, using medicines.
Uric acid causes inflammation in the joint tissue. Accumulation of acid in the body due to its increased production or disruption of the kidneys. Inflammation begins to cover the entire joint. Pain becomes unbearable. A person can not step on an affected limb. Most often gout affects one joint, but it can also be symmetrical, capturing two identical joints on different limbs.
Gouty arthritis often leads to deformity of the limb and thinning of the cartilage in the area of the affected joint. As medicamental agents, doctors prescribe:
- NSAIDs( drugs that remove the inflammatory process);
- preparations for removing excess uric acid.
NSAIDs, analgesics and chondroprotectors
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are considered mandatory in the treatment of gout. They effectively cope with inflammation in the joint. Take the pill for about 10 days. After a certain period of time( about 2-3 weeks), you can again undergo a course of treatment. Contraindications to taking NSAIDs:
- intolerance to drugs of this group;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute phase;
- period of bearing the child;
For severe pain in the joint, you can use local anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, dimexide. Applying it together with ketonal, you can make a good compress, which has anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. Dimexide improves metabolism, anesthetizes, relieves inflammation and destroys microbes. This drug is able to penetrate through the skin and mucous membranes. It is often used for diseases of the joints. Dimexide can cause a strong allergic reaction. Before you put the compress, you need to test for sensitivity.
To make a compress yourself, you need to connect 30 ml of dimexide and warm water with 1 ml of ketonal. Next, put the gauze in several layers and dip it into the prepared solution. Then gently squeeze the gauze and put it on the joint. On the cheesecloth put an oilcloth, and on top wrap the joint with a scarf. Keep the compress should be no more than 30 minutes, as there may be a burn of skin.Drugs that have an analgesic effect are very important in the occurrence of gout symptoms. The attack causes severe pain in the area of the affected joints. For treatment, standard analgesics are used. But sometimes doctors prescribe psychotropic drugs, they help get rid of severe pain. The choice of psychotropic drugs should always be approached with caution, since they have a lot of side effects and contraindications.
Chondroprotectors slow down the process of joint destruction and promote their regeneration. These are universal drugs for the treatment of any diseases of the joint tissue. Tablets of this group increase blood microcirculation in the damaged area. Take medications, chondroprotectors should only be recommended by a doctor.
Gout - the disease is insidious, you need a competent approach to its treatment. The ailment gives in to therapy, if not yet acquired a neglected form. NSAIDs perfectly eliminate the inflammatory process in the joint, but soreness remains. Pain relievers can remove it. Hondoprotectors protect the joint from destruction.
Drugs for the excretion of uric acid
In the treatment of gout, uricosuric, uricodepressant, uricolytic drugs are used. The first increase the excretion of urate, the second inhibit the production of uric acid. Uricolytic drugs ensure the disintegration of urinary salts.
So the tomograph in the picture shows the accumulated uric acid
The most popular is the hypo-uric drug Allopurinol. He does not anesthetize, this medicine is prescribed in the presence of stones in the kidneys, elevated creatinine in the blood. Treatment of gout includes the cancellation of diuretic drugs. The standard dosage of allopurinol is 100-150 mg per day. Then, within 14 days, the dose is increased to 300 mg. If a positive effect is obtained, then the dosage is reduced by 2 times.
If within 14 days uric acid in the bloodstream is not normalized, take up to 600 mg of allopurinol per day. Exacerbation of gout may occur several months after the course of treatment. In this case, doctors recommend anti-inflammatory therapy. Side effects of the use of allopurinol:
- hemorrhagic eruptions;
- change in liver function;
- oppression of the bone marrow.
After treatment with allopurinol for 10-12 months, the feeling of stiffness in joints, soreness, disappearing tofusi, normalization of renal function, small stones from the kidneys disappear. If there is no exacerbation of gout within a year, you can take a break in taking the medicine for a period of 3 months. After that, the level of uric acid in the blood is measured. When he is raised, the doctor again appoints allopurinol.
Urikozuric drugs - probenecid and benzbromarone. They appoint persons up to 60 years. They can be taken only in the absence of kidney stones. Indications for taking medications of this group:
- hyperuricemia, which appeared due to decreased uric acid excretion;
- hyperuricemia with creatinine of at least 50 ml / min.
Stage of the disease determines treatment
Severe edema and redness - symptoms of acute attack of the disease
Gout undergoes 2 stages of development - exacerbation and remission. In the stage of exacerbation a person has:
- painful sensations;
- swelling of the lesion;
In this case, the doctor recommends taking medications that have an anti-inflammatory effect, usually colchamine and indomethacin. Sometimes, it is rare to prescribe hormonal drugs such as prednisolone, dexamethasone.
At the stage of remission, doctors prescribe uricosuric drugs.
- Qinghoven. It promotes the active excretion of uric acids. The drug should be taken with caution and under the strict supervision of a doctor. Take medication cyclically to avoid side effects.
- Etamide. It can be taken for 14 days.
- Urodan. Reception is allowed for 13 days.
The duration of remission is directly related to the amount of uric acid in the bloodstream.
Treatment of gout is based on diet therapy. It is forbidden to eat egg whites, radish, sorrel, beans. Every day you need to drink at least 2 liters of fluid, it helps to remove uric acid. Important training physical therapy. Sanatorium-and-spa treatment is shown. The trip to the sanatorium is given only at the stage of remission. Doctors recommend at least 2 times a year to visit the specialized boarding houses.
During the treatment of gout with medicines, aspirin is strictly forbidden, since this drug helps to retain uric acid in the body.
Gout in Latin sounds like arthritis urica. This disease is caused by a malfunction during the exchange and withdrawal of purine in the body, which leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the intercellular fluid and blood flow. Due to this, this disease has another name - urinary gout, the essence of which, as well as methods of its cupping, we will try to consider in this article.
In this article:
According to the international classification of diseases of the tenth revision( code for microbial 10) - microcrystalline types of arthritis, to which the urine gout refers, have their own individual code - M10.In this case, this category was painted in more detail:
- Idiopathic gout is indicated by the M10.0 coding.
- Lead pathology type - M10.1 encoding. Drug Gout - Coding M10.2.
- Disease, tied to a malfunction in the kidneys - encoding M10.3.
- Secondary pathology - coding M10.4.Disease of unspecified genesis - M10.9 encoding.
Causes of urinary gout
Predominantly considered in this article, the disease is a disease of a strong half of humanity, although women are not insured from it. In most cases, it is diagnosed after forty to fifty years, but there are cases of earlier diagnosis. The causes of urinary gout are quite numerous, let's name only the main ones.
- During this period, there is a decrease in the amount of estrogens in the body, which leads to disruption of metabolic processes, including purines.
- Hereditary predisposition to this disease.
- Injury to the joint.
- Addiction to alcoholic beverages.
- Obesity. The more extra pounds, the more difficult the problem and the higher the risk of pathology.
- Irrational food.
- Organ transplantation.
- Prolonged intake of a number of medicines.
- Frequent diets with a sharp change in diet.
In order to effectively combat the problem, it is necessary to know the pathogenesis of the disease that has been encountered. This is the only way to expect a complete cure or transfer of the disease to the stage of remission. If the pathogenesis is not clear, the specialist can only affect the symptom, which will improve the patient's condition, but not solve the problem as a whole.
The basis of the problem is the growth of uric acid in the patient's body. As studies show, it is often enough to establish a catalyst that provoked the development of this disease is impossible.
But the mechanism of disease progression can be traced. Uric acid is produced by purine liver. Then through the bloodstream it spreads through the body. The main organ of its excretion from the body is the kidneys, which together with urine produce the substance of interest to us.
A smaller amount of uric acid is adsorbed into the intestine, where intestinal bacteria work with it.
Parameters of uric acid in the blood in a healthy person are no more than 6.8 mg / dL.If this indicator is higher, the doctor denotes this state of the body as hyperuricemia.
With the increased content of this element in human blood, the formation on their basis of needle crystals of a salt called monosodium urates( MSU) begins. The higher the level of uric acid, the higher the risk of formation of such conglomerates.
Postponing these joints in the joints, cause an inflammatory process, accompanied by the appearance and other pathological symptoms.
Symptoms of urinary gout
Manifestations of the considered disease can respond with such a pathological deviation:
- Pain localized in the joints and adjacent tissues.
- Pain symptomatology increases with any movement in the problem area. Mostly this discomfort increases during the night and morning.
- Swelling of the affected area.
- The growth of temperature indicators locally in the place of injury.
- Hyperemia of the skin in the place of the patient's joint. The dermis becomes smooth and glossy.
- Chills may appear and a slight increase in body temperature is observed.
- Worsening of the general condition of the body and appetite.
- If the pathology is neglected, the growths appearing and continue to grow localized in the affected joint.
- It is possible to immobilize the element of the musculoskeletal system.
In most cases, the symptoms of urinary gout affect one joint, but options are possible.
First signs of
Usually the first signs of the disease that begin to disturb a person are the formation, manifestation and growth of nodular formations( tofusov), the appearance in the joint of uncomfortable sensations, edema.
Consequences and complications of
If you do not maintain the level of uric acid in the norm, allowing its long excess, you can get the formation of needle-shaped salt crystals. The consequences of their proliferation - the formation of conglomerates, which contribute to the manifestation of the inflammatory process and the pathological symptom described above.
A non-stopable excess of uric acid leads the patient to aggravate the situation. Complications of this pathology can be described as follows:
- Tofus deposits, causing intolerable pain, which increases with any, even a slight touch.
- Transition of the disease into a chronic form.
- Defeat of blood vessels. Primarily it affects the heart and kidneys.
- Destruction of the tissue structure of a sore spot.
- Hyperemia, the appearance of the effect of a "glass surface".
- Deformation of the joint apparatus.
- Gradually the motor activity of the joint is reduced to "no".
- Increase in the size of tofus.
- Spreading of connective tissue fibers.
- Sclerotic changes in the human body.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Changes in kidney function.
- This process affects the development of the patient's diabetes, cataracts, dry eye syndrome.
There are cases when concomitant diseases of this pathology are nephrosclerosis, glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, as well as renal dysfunction. With less frequency, but still possible to observe complications affecting the respiratory system, sciatica, pharyngitis, allergies, lumbago.
However, with timely and correct treatment, you can count on a sufficiently high standard of living.
Diagnosis of urinary gout
It is possible to diagnose a disease correctly, having on hand a complete picture of the pathology that is obtained after a general examination of the patient. Direct diagnosis of urinary gout consists of a number of studies:
- Elucidation of anamnesis of the patient.
- Visual inspection of the patient. Presence of tophi.
- Laboratory tests.
- Synovial fluid analysis.
- Blood test to determine the level of uric acid.
- Instrumental diagnostics.
- Ultrasound examination.
- Magnetic resonance imaging( MRI) and / or computed tomography( CT).
- Differential diagnosis - exclusion of other diseases that have a similar symptomatology.
It is indispensable to establish a diagnosis without laboratory tests to assess the level of uric acid in the organs and systems of the patient and the severity of the damage to which the organism underwent pathology. Required tests such as:
- General and biochemical blood tests will allow to evaluate the blood formula, its quantitative components, including the uric acid parameters. The presence of an inflammatory process in the body.
- General and biochemical studies of urine.
- Analysis of synovial articular fluid and tofus content( if uric acid crystals are found, therefore, the diagnosis of gout is confirmed).
Laboratory research is quite informative. They allow to recognize, evaluate and trace the process of formation and utilization of uric acid.
Do not dispense with modern medicine without the help of medical equipment. Instrumental diagnosis of the disease of interest to us can be recognized by a number of medical techniques. The most popular are:
- Radiography, which allows to evaluate the condition of bones, connective tissues and other components of the joint, as well as the degree of destruction and their deformation. An x-ray photograph reveals tofusi, ranging from 0.5 mm to 3 cm in diameter, and other associated diseases.
- Ultrasonic dopplerography is a survey conducted to investigate the state of blood flow in vessels invaded in the area of interest. Such a study is especially informative during the period of exacerbation of the disease.
- Computed tomography. This technique visualizes the processes that take place in the area of interest.
- Magnetic resonance imaging( MRI).The method is similar to the previous one. Allows you to view the joint in 3D measurement. At the same time, the produced photographic package makes it possible to use the obtained survey results more than once.
- If the disease clinic is lubricated, the patient is assigned a scintigraphy with pyrophosphate technetium. A special substance is injected into the blood of the patient - a marker that selectively settles in places of urate concentration, which allows, by subsequent scanning, to confirm or deny the diagnosis.
Instrumental diagnosis is assigned to virtually all patients who have complaints of joint pathologies.
Differential diagnosis of
Diagnosis of gout sometimes causes difficulty even for an experienced skilled doctor. Therefore, differential diagnosis is the analysis of as many diverse surveys and analysis results as possible. This is the only way to obtain a complete picture of the pathology and differentiate the disease from other pathologies with similar symptoms.
An analysis of the patient's history and results of the survey makes it possible to diagnose not only the gout itself, but also the stage of destruction on which it is located. After all, on the basis of this, one can talk about adequate, effective treatment or preventive measures that can maintain the patient's body condition within the framework of remission.
The specialist should be able to evaluate the clinic of the disease. The main criterion in this is the staging of pathology. Mainly, if the patient has already consulted a doctor with complaints, the patient is diagnosed with one of three stages of the disease:
- Hyperuricemia, deposition in the elements of the locomotor system of urates. At this stage of pathology, the patient's body is able to be for many years without showing itself symptomatically. But in medicine, there are cases when the disease still manifested itself even without an increase in the level of uric acid in the body.
- Accumulation of urates in tissue structures. Urates are crystalline neoplasms, which, even if present in small numbers, are capable of causing discomfort to a person. It is with their appearance that pathological symptoms gradually begin to appear and grow.
- Exacerbation of the process caused by the inflammatory process in the tissues. At this level, the patient leaves, only if the accumulation conglomerates become significant. They not only injure neighboring tissues, but also cause resistance from the affected organism.
The main burden of this disease, in addition to the musculoskeletal system, lies on the kidneys. But this fact is found after several years of the course of the disease.
Treatment of urinary gout
Modern capabilities allow a patient with gout to offer a variety of different methods of coping with the problem. In this case, they can relate to both traditional classical medicine and non-traditional methods. Treatment of urinary gout can take place using the following methods:
- Physiotherapy treatment.
- Operative treatment.
- Massages and therapeutic exercises.
- Using recipes of traditional medicine.
One should only remember that any therapy must be agreed with the attending physician. Otherwise, the patient risks only aggravate the situation, which will be much more difficult to cut. And the consequences of self-treatment can lead the patient's body to irreversible processes.
Drugs for gout and increased uric acid
Once the diagnosis is established, the doctor can proceed with the appointment of a protocol for the therapy of the disease. Medicines for gout and increased uric acid are conventionally divided into two main stages. Primarily prescribed drugs that reduce the intensity of pathological symptoms. The second point of the attending physician transgresses to therapy of pathology or preventive measures that will help to bring the considered disease into the stage of remission, which will avoid relapse.
Pharmaceuticals of several pharmacological groups are prescribed in the treatment protocol.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) are prescribed primarily during the period of exacerbation to relieve the severity of the process. The role of such drugs can be used: butadione, mothrin, ketoprofen, dexibuprofen, rheopyrin, sulindac, indomethacin, naproxen, diclofenac, voltaren, and a number of other
Indomethacin is the strongest inhibitor of prostaglandin biosynthesis, which has antipyretic and analgesic characteristics.the amount of 25 mg two to three times a day. If the therapeutic effectiveness of treatment is not observed, this dosage can be increased to 100-150 mg daily, divided into three to four doses.
Contraindications for this pharmacological agent include hypersensitivity to the components of the medicine, peptic ulcer disease of the digestive system, renal failure, bronchial asthma, pregnancy and the period of the newborn's breast-feeding.
Glucocorticosteroid( hormonal) drugs, steroid hormones, synthesized by the adrenal cortex. Powerful anti-shock, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory characteristics. But it is necessary to prescribe them very carefully, since these drugs also show immunosuppressive characteristics that reduce the protective forces of the organism, increasing the probability of infectious diseases of the patient's body, worsen the coagulability of the blood.
Most commonly used drugs such as prednisolone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, dexamethasone, betamethasone and others.
Prednisolone ointment is recommended to apply to a damaged joint in small amounts, rubbing lightly into the skin one to three times throughout the day. The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, based on the effectiveness of the result.
Contraindications for this pharmacological agent include individual intolerance to the components of the drug, herpes, peptic ulcer disease, kidney failure, Cushing's syndrome, bronchial asthma, bacterial, fungal or viral skin pathologies, common or rosacea, pregnancy and lactation.
Antidotal drugs are required: allopurinol, urodan, colchicum-dispersant, allomarone, colchicine and others.
Drugs that excrete uric acid
It should also be noted that the protocol of treatment includes drugs that remove uric acid from the body. They allow to reduce its level, which contributes to the acceleration of the treatment process and the soonest improvement of the patient's condition. To such medicines carry: probenecid, allopurinol, blemarin, sulfinpyrazone and their analogues.
Effectively reduces the level of uric acid in the blood of the patient allopurinol - an active anti-gouty drug.
It is administered in an amount that directly depends on the level of the uric acid medium. The minimum dosage of the drug is 100 mg, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. Usually, on average, this level is 200 to 400 mg daily, divided by one or two doses.
Monthly monitoring of serum uric acid levels is required.
Contraindications for this medicine include hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, kidney failure, pregnancy and the period of feeding the newborn baby.
The experience of our ancestors allows us to use folk medication to rid the patient of many pathologies. This judgment also applies to our problem.
Numerous folk recipes can relieve such a patient of pain, lead to regression of the inflammatory process and effectively fight the accumulation of uric acid in the blood. But it is worth noting that treatment with alternative medicine methods does not lead to complete recovery. They are able to reduce the severity of symptoms or support the patient's body in a state of remission.
At the same time, they can be used only with the permission of the doctor, since some of them can negatively affect the effect of a number of drugs, reducing their effectiveness. Traditional medicine is a secondary, supportive, auxiliary treatment of the disease.
Here are a number of recipes that allow to obtain a positive dynamics of treatment.
- Compresses from turnip. This root vegetable should be boiled or baked until tender. Mash. In the resulting consistency, you can enter a couple of tablespoons of sunflower or any other vegetable oil."Medicine" is placed on the affected area of the skin. Top with a cloth. If the integrity of the skin is broken at the joint site, such applications are prohibited.
- An excellent remedy for this pathology is the products of beekeeping. They are applied as ointments, on the basis of bee venom, so directly the bee stings themselves, which are made into the area of the affected joint. But this technique is suitable only for a patient who is not allergic to a bee product.
- Ten-minute baths with such a composition have proved to be very good: in the hot water drop by drop enter such aromatic oils as rosemary( or pine), juniper, tea tree( or naioli tree), kayaputovoy. After the bath, one of the same oils needs to do a small massage of the heated area.
- Similar baths can be taken and a combination of oils of grapes and lavender, taking a drop.
- In this situation, you can drink apple broth. Remove the apple from seeds and peel, chop and pour boiling water. Let stand for half an hour, drain, and drink a couple of cups between meals. Before the next use, the broth should be heated in a water bath. Take in a warm form.
Treatment with herbs
Nature has given us a great many plants with medicinal properties. Herbal treatment helps to solve the problem in this article. But the only difference is that they can not bring the therapy to the full recovery of the patient, but will be able to improve his condition, especially during the period of exacerbation. Ready to voice only a few recipes from the numerous medical list.
- High popping effect shows poplar buds, crushed and combined with vaseline( ratio 1: 4).Obtained ointment should be one - two times a day to smear a sick joint. This will ease the pain and relieve the aggravation.
- An excellent anti-inflammatory drug - tea from the root of ginger. One or two teaspoons of grated food for a cup of boiling water, taken three times a day, to feel the surge of energy and prevent the development of the disease.
- A couple of teaspoons of St. John's wort, steaming a liter of freshly boiled water. Wrap up and leave it for two to three hours. To reduce the level of uric acid in the blood and as an anesthetic, this medicine should be taken three times a day for 50 ml. The duration of such therapy can be several months.
- The celery root is also effective, which is taken in the amount of one tablespoon and placed in half a liter of boiling water. Two hours of infusion and the broth is ready. It should be drunk three to four times a day for 30 minutes before a meal. Properties are similar to the previous recipe.
- Baths made of chamomile broth will do.
Modern homeopathy is not a "guessing on the coffee grounds", but research and production of drugs of alternative medicine, put on an industrial basis.
With regard to the treatment of the disease under consideration in this article, homeopathic physicians are ready to offer a whole list of medicines that, if not allow to lead a person to a full recovery, will help to eliminate pathological symptoms, improving the patient's condition.
When diagnosing gout, homeopaths can recommend homeopathic preparations for use:
- Bryonia Alba( Bryonia Alba) - has proven itself in the removal of inflammation in the tissues of the joint, as well as in the case of restriction of its mobility.
- Colhicum - removes puffiness and stops the inflammatory process. The basis of the drug is a medicinal plant.
- Formic acid - perfectly removes the pain syndrome with rheumatism and gout, acts warmly on the joint tissues, normalizes the pressure.
- Potassium carbonate is an effective analgesic.
- Lithium Carb - perfectly removes joint pain, burning sensation.
- Urea pura( Urea pura) - relief of acute manifestations of gout and gouty specimens. The drug is based on urea.
Preparations of alternative medicine are designed to stimulate the body's own healing power of the patient.
But in a number of clinical pictures, doctors can not do without more radical measures. If the size of tofusov is significant, and it interferes with the movement of the joint, causing unbearable pain to a person, or the disease has gone so far that deformation of the musculoskeletal system and destruction of tissues are observed, physicians come to the decision to perform a surgical intervention.
In this situation, surgical treatment may be excision of pathological formation or its removal together with the affected joint with subsequent prosthetics.
Any disease or attack is better to prevent than to deal with the problem later. To prevent recurrence of gout, it is necessary to prevent this disease. Specialists studying this problem recommend:
- It is necessary to carefully review your diet. On the table of such a patient there should be a minimum amount of products rich in purine.
- Insignificant sports loads: morning warm-up, easy jogging or walking. The complex of exercises should form a muscular corset. It will help reduce the pressure on the joints by touching some of the stress on yourself.
- If the patient has sedentary work, it should be compensated by regular training.
- It is necessary to take a sufficient amount of fluid that will ensure the normal excretion of uric acid from the body of the patient. This is about 2.5 - 3 liters of fluid per day.
- Remove heavy loads and intense twisting.
- It is necessary to normalize your weight, not allowing extra pounds. After all, this is an additional load on the support system.
- Avoid injury.
- Do not wear narrow and uncomfortable shoes. She traumatises the joints of the foot.
- The same applies to clothes.
- If the patient has gone through chemotherapy, then to prevent the prevention of urinary acid deposits in the body, he is prescribed antihyperuricemia therapy. Mostly it is the reception of the drug allopurinol.
- Regularly massage all joints for several minutes.
- Avoid prolonged use of a number of drugs, especially those belonging to the pharmacological group of thiazide diuretics and cytotoxic drugs.
- Minimize the intake of alcoholic beverages and nicotine. Especially it concerns beer and wine.
- Do not allow the body to subcool.
- Try to lead a calm, stress-free lifestyle.
- Avoid acute infections.
Medical statistics show that the forecast of gout is favorable enough. The vast majority of people with this diagnosis mostly suffer from pathological symptoms of accompanying diseases than directly from gout. An exception is the period of exacerbation. But the sooner effective measures are taken, the easier the patient suffers the attacks, and the sooner the remission period begins.
As all the same statistics show, many patients diagnosed with gout suffer from urolithiasis( metabolic disorders leading to the formation of urinary stones) and / or nephrolithiasis( stones and sand in the kidneys).In more severe cases, it is possible to observe renal failure and it is precisely this that can lead to death, but not the disease considered in this article.
"Take care of your health in youth!" This winged phrase, like no other characterizes the essence of the problem. If a person has a healthy lifestyle since childhood, following proper nutrition, the probability of developing the disease in this article is minimal. And even if it happened that the urinary gout is still diagnosed, such a person to stop the attack and keep the disease in a state of remission is much easier. But another category of patients should not give up. If the disease is established, then with the proper implementation of the recommendations of a specialist you can live to a very old age, leading a completely qualitative active life without feeling defective. We wish you good health and a full and rich life!
How to remove uric acid from the body, folk remedies, drugs, treatment
Accumulation of uric acid in the body leads to gout and other serious diseases, up to arthritis joints. Why do some people take salt out of the body, and others do not? What does it depend on, and how to remove urates from the tissues of the body?
Reasons for the sedimentation of
salts Scientists have long been interested in the issues of metabolism and, in particular, the excretion / accumulation of salts in the body. With the same lifestyle and nutrition in some people uric acid is excreted, while in others - accumulates in the tissues of the body. Maybe heredity? Some scientists believe that the cause may well be a hereditary predisposition, aggravated by malnutrition and alcohol. Failure of the immune system prevents the dissolution of acid crystals in the blood, which provokes the accumulation and deposition of salts in the joint tissues of the body, intestines, renal pelvis and even in the chambers of the eyes.
Where does uric acid come from? It enters the body with food containing a high percentage of purine bases. The common opinion that all diseases from food and nerves, is fully confirmed by life. Here is the list of "dangerous" products containing purine substances:
• meat;• fried chicken skin;• nuts and beans.
Also to the undesirable food products are canned food and smoked products. Alcoholic beverages of purines do not contain, but prevent the excretion of salts from the body.
Danger of deposition of salts
What can damage the body of acid crystals, and why they need to be taken out? If the metabolism does not cope with the functions of maintaining balance in the body, it needs help. First, you should follow a diet and stop eating fatty meat, smoked foods and alcohol. Secondly, you need to apply appropriate medications.
Salt deposition first leads to inflammatory joints( gout) that can go to arthritis. Also, a high level of uric acid in the blood plasma can lead to ischemia, atherosclerosis and urolithiasis. Arthritis is very hard to treat, leading to severe pain and deformity of the limbs. The prospect of disability will not be very encouraging for a few people, so you should immediately start fighting for the withdrawal of salts, as long as this is still possible.
How to defeat the deposition of
salts How does the level of purines in food affect the acid content of the blood? The most direct way: the exclusion / reduction of purine intake into the body excludes / reduces the content of salt crystals in the body. The plan of action for the control of uric acid is as follows:
1. exclusion of products with a high level of purine substances;2. Exemption from surplus salts in the body with the help of medicines;3. The use of folk methods.
For effective treatment, a comprehensive approach is required, including the use of diuretics, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
First of all, you need to reconsider your diet and categorically exclude harmful foods for the body: red meat, legumes, alcohol, byproducts and smoked products. To fried dishes should be treated very carefully. Completely eliminate from the menu roast chicken: it is better to boil it or cook it in a double boiler. To the list of prohibited products, additional restrictions should be added:
• salt replaced sea salt;• exclude spicy seasonings;• replace sugar with honey.
The diet should include porridge, berries, vegetables and some types of fruit. If you want to achieve results, you can transfer all the restrictions in the usual diet.
With the help of a diet, you can stop the flow of purines into the blood, but uric acid can not be removed. To do this, you should consult a doctor who will choose the medicines. Remember that self-medication only aggravates the disease, but does not heal! Medications prescribed for the increased formation of salt crystals are divided into two types:
1. excreting acid from the body;2. hinder the development and deposition of crystals.
Drug treatment is prescribed by a doctor on the basis of a laboratory analysis of the patient's urine. One patient shows drugs that increase the excretion of acid from the body. For other patients, it is important to reduce the concentration of crystals in the tissues of the joints and muscles.
This drug is aimed at increasing the excretion of urates from the blood plasma in the treatment of gout. Taking the drug increases the excretion of the acid, which prevents its deposition and accumulation in the body.
The drug reduces the production of urate in the body and the risk of exacerbation of gout. The treatment is long-lasting, in combination with diet and special gymnastics gives a positive effect.
This drug is considered one of the most effective in the treatment of gout and anti-urate. Blomaren normalizes the exchange of uric acid, alkalizes the body and absorbs uric acid stones. Reducing the level of urate has a beneficial effect on the overall well-being of patients. Unlike other drugs, Blemaren does not interfere with the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
Treatment with folk remedies can be preventive in nature or be a supplement to the main treatment. The patient must inform the doctor of the use of folk recipes and coordinate them with prescribed medications. What does folk medicine offer?
1. Decoction of cranberry leaves. We brew tea from 20 grams of leaves and 200 grams of boiling water, we insist half an hour. Decoction to drink on a tablespoon before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Nettle juice. This recipe can be used from spring to autumn, when nettles grow. Every day you need to squeeze out juice from freshly harvested nettles and drink on a teaspoon before eating. Juice can be kept in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Birch leaves. A tablespoon of chopped birch leaves is brewed with a glass of boiling water and put on the fire. Leaves should be boiled for 15 minutes and insist half an hour under the lid. A filtered broth is drunk with a quarter of a cup of food.
4. Hand / foot baths. Mix in equal parts chamomile, calendula and sage. A slurry of 200 gr.herbs are poured into 1.5 liters.boiling water and soak in a sealed container for two hours. It is better for these purposes to use a thermos( 100 gr of a suspension for 0.75 liters of boiling water).In a basin of water( 34 degrees), pour napar and lower your legs. When the temperature drops to +26 degrees, the procedure ends. For treatment, take 20 baths daily, then take a break for 20 days. The course is repeated in the same alternation until the condition improves.
To prevent uric acid accumulation, prohibited products should be replaced by useful ones. The diet should include:
• lactic acid products;
How to remove uric acid from the body
Uric acid and its sources
Uric acid is the final product of the breakdown of protein and purines. These are toxins from which the body gets rid of due to the active work of the kidneys. If the enzymatic activity is reduced, then uric acid begins to accumulate in the blood. The level of this component is completely dependent on the ongoing mechanisms of excretion and formation, and in a healthy organism it is in the form of a sodium salt( urate).
Timely excretion of uric acid is an opportunity to prevent negative health problems. The amount of this substance rises when the work of the kidneys is weakened, or the person consumes too much food with a high concentration of purine bases. The serum accumulates sodium salt, entailing damage to organs and systems, thus causing various pathologies.
Here is a list of those products in which the greatest number of purines:
Causes of excess uric acid in the body
Medical statistics suggest that the problem of increased concentration of uric acid in the blood affects about a third of the world's population. In urological terminology, this disease is called hyperuricemia. Normally the indices of this substance should not exceed 420 microns per 1 liter for men and 360 for women.
The sudden increase in acid and its salts can be caused by the following reasons:
Consequences of increased uric acid formation in the body
Do not think that uric acid is the enemy of our body. This is not so, because this substance is on the protection of blood vessels and is responsible for the removal of free radicals, which in turn provoke the development of cancer.
Disrupted metabolism of uric acid is fraught with the appearance of a solid sediment in the organs and tissues. In this, in fact, the main danger of its excess. The formation of stones in the kidneys and urinary tracts is a serious disease that causes acute pain and a lot of inconvenience. Deposits of urate salts in the joints provoke gout and arthritis. It should also be noted that these diseases are more likely to affect men than women and very often it is urates that cause the development of acute diseases, such as:
Since uric acid is excreted by the kidneys and partially saliva, most of the urate excess is manifested as kidney stones and plaque on the teeth.
When accumulated in the brain tissues, this substance leads to a deterioration in intellectual ability, headache and strokes. It is not excluded also the formation of varicose veins and symptoms of arterial hypertension.
Patients diagnosed with urinary acid diathesis( another name for the problem we are describing) are prone to nervous breakdowns, sleep disorders, rapid fatigue and neuroses.
Removal of uric acid from the body
If the results of the survey indicate that the level of urea is many times higher than the norm, then it is necessary to take urgent measures without delay to get rid of excess acid and to bring this balance to the balance.
The most important thing is to adjust the diet. You need to revise your daily menu and exclude those products in which the purine contains the greatest amount. Ideally - to limit their consumption completely or for the longest period. Refuse should be from products such as:
red meat, kidneys, liver, alcohol, sugar, smoked products, pickled foods, chili and other spicy spices, chocolate and lard.
Reducing the level of uric acid will contribute to:
However, only one diet for rapid removal of urea is not enough, and in this case, after the examination, the doctor can prescribe food supplements or medications. They are selected depending on how much the permissible norm of urea is exceeded. Control of treatment is also carried out in the laboratory.
With a slight excess of urate concentration in the body, traditional medicine recipes will help to bring them out. Particularly effective in this case are various infusions from different herbs:
Special diet with an increased level of urea in the body
As mentioned above, adjusting the diet in this case is a mandatory measure, the implementation of which will help to correct the general condition of the patient and prompt recovery.
People with elevated urate levels in the blood should also avoid using such products:
What do we know about drugs that remove uric acid from the body?
The deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints is the main cause of chronic gout. Due to the high level of uric acid in the blood, deposition of its crystals in the joints occurs, which is the cause of an acute attack of gout.
Chronic changes in joints are a consequence of a sustained high level of uric acid in the blood, as well as repeated acute attacks of gout. Gouty knots are formed mainly in the auricle. Other places include the elbow side of the forearm, the elbow and the precollipace bags, Achilles tendons and arms. Extra-articular sites of formation of gouty nodes include myocardium, pericardium, aortic valves and extradural areas of the spine.
Symptoms for chronic gout
Symptoms of chronic gout may be similar to those in rheumatoid arthritis, although overall lesions are less symmetrical. Characteristic radiographic features: erosion of the bone with a blurred boundary of the involved joint. The most important in the treatment of chronic gout is the use of uric acid-withdrawing drugs.
Excretory uric acid drugs The use of uric acid-withdrawing drugs depends on the cause: increased uric acid level( about 10%), production against reduced excretion( about 90%).You should not treat the asymptomatic increase in uric acid in the body( only in the case of chronic gout).Treatment should be resorted only after the second attack of gout or with the presence of stones of uric acid in the anamnesis.
The goal is to reduce serum uric acid level below the saturation point in the extracellular fluid( 6.4 mg / dl).There are two classes of drugs for reducing the level of uric acid: 1) uricosuric agents( eg, probenecid), increase the excretion of uric acid from the body;2) inhibitors of xanthine oxidase( eg, allopurinol), which reduce the production of uric acid in the body. Before deciding on the choice of the drug should be investigated 24 h urine sample on uric acid.
will help determine if the patient has excessive production or insufficient uric acid excretion. If excretion & gt;800 mg / day, the patient has an excessive production of uric acid, and he needs allopurinol to prevent its formation. Patients with reduced excretion can be treated with drugs of any class.
Drugs that increase the excretion of uric acid from the body
The drug probenecid blocks the tubular reabsorption of filtered uric acid. The initial dose is 250 mg p / o 2 / day with a gradual increase of 500 mg to 4 weeks before reaching a maximum daily dose of 2000 mg.
The goal of the treatment is to reduce the level of uric acid in the serum to 5-6 mg / dL.that drug is recommended for patients under the age of 60 years with normal kidney function, excretion of uric acid less than 800-1000 mg / day and without a history of kidney stones. Advise patient to increase fluid intake and consider urine alkalization to pH 6.5 or higher with sodium bicarbonate 2-6 g / day or acetazolamide 250 mg / day. Acetylsalicylic acid blocks the effect of probenecid.
You can use the drug sulfinpyrazone 50-100 mg p / o 2 / day. The dose can be gradually increased by 100 mg weekly until a maximum dose of 800 mg / day is reached.it is especially useful for those patients who must take acetylsalicylic acid.
Drugs that reduce the production of uric acid in the body
The drug allopurinol: the initial dose of 100 mg p / o k / day. The usual dose is 200-300 mg / day and the maximum dose is 800 mg / day. Indications include history of kidney stones, the presence of gouty nodes, kidney failure( GFR <60 ml / min), the inability to reduce serum uric acid levels below 7 mg / dl by other means, excretion of uric acid in the urine & gt;800-1000 mg / day, allergy to uricosuric agents and hyperuricemia caused by deficiency of hypoxanthine-guanine-phosphoribosyltransferase.
Side effects are rare, but can be severe. These include drug fever, rash( including Stevens-Johnson syndrome), bone marrow depression, vasculitis and hepatitis.