Bechterew's disease or ankylosing spondylitis in men and womenBechterew's disease is a chronic progressive disease named after the Russian scientist who described the clinical manifestations and proposed to isolate him into a nosological form.
When it occurs inflammatory changes in the joints of , mainly intervertebral and sacroiliac.
As a result, the mobility in them is significantly limited, and the whole spine acquires the shape of a "bamboo stick" over time.
International disease name - ankylosing spondylitis or spondylitis ( ankylosis - fusion).
The disease affects mainly men aged 15 to 30 years. An increase in the disease among women has been noted.
Cause has not been established to date. It is believed that the disease can be due to several causes, one of which is hereditary predisposition. The provoking factor was the infection of the genitourinary system.
However, in recent years, preference has been given to microorganisms of the intestinal group, namely Klebsiella. Part of the scientists attach more importance to streptococcal infection. But there is no direct evidence of the infectious origin of Bekhterev's disease.
The autoimmune theory of the onset and development of the disease prevails. Its essence consists in the appearance of a special substance( in genetically predisposed people) as a result of provoking factors( traumas, chronic infections), which causes an acceleration of the differentiation of cells of connective tissue and their transformation into cartilaginous and bone tissue. The formation of antigens in the affected areas promotes a constant immune "attack" by their body.
Symptoms of the disease and features of the development of the disease in men and women
The onset of the disease does not have a characteristic symptomatology and develops gradually.
It begins to manifest itself pains in the sacrum and spine, peripheral small and large joints, the lumbosacral region with irradiation into the buttocks and the posterior surface of the thigh, eye disease in the form of iritium and iridocyclitis. Less often the disease begins with a feeling of stiffness in the joints of the limbs and the spine in the morning, soreness in the neck and back.These manifestations at first, as a rule, are not expressed in character and do not attract the attention of the patient and the doctor.
Thus, the high variability of the onset of the disease makes several options conditional:
- In adolescence and childhood, Bechterew's disease begins with of acute symptoms, accompanied by "volatile" joint pains, sometimes by swelling, moderate fever, palpitations, increased ESR.Localization of lesions in large joints is similar to the clinic of acute rheumatism, and small - rheumatoid arthritis. After a while, begins to attach symptoms of a lesion of the sacroiliac joint .
- In adolescence, one or two joints are most often affected first. The course is subacute, and sacroiliitis( inflammation of the joints of the sacroiliac joint) manifests itself much later.
- Occasionally the disease can begin with of the severe fever, accompanied by fluctuations in temperature during the day to two degrees, pouring sweat, joint and muscle pain, rapid weight loss. After 2 - 3 weeks, arthritis appears.
- The extra-articular form of onset of the disease begins with inflammatory lesions of the eye , less often - the aorta and the heart muscle. These symptoms are accompanied by laboratory data, which testify to the pronounced activity of inflammatory processes. In this variant, the symptoms of polyarthritis and sacroiliitis appear only after a few months.
- The onset of the disease with the original localization in the sacrum proceeds according to the type of radiculitis .Gradually, there is an increase in pain in the lumbar region and joints.
In the first they proceed much sharper and with a greater number of complications. After an exacerbation, women do not have any pain, and they feel quite satisfactory for many years. The periods of remission are 3-10 years.
Unlike men, the onset of the disease is very rarely manifested by pain in the hip joints, sakroileitis, and spine mobility in women is preserved in full for many years. Thus, the course of Bechterew's disease in women is much better, the symptoms are lower and the prognosis is more positive.
The development of Bechterew's disease in the photo
The forms of the disease course also differ: for women, rhizomely is much more common. The development of the disease in men, unlike women, is much more often rapidly progressing, hitting the entire spine of .
Depending on the localization and course of the disease, the following 4 forms are distinguished:
- rhizome , which is accompanied by both a spinal injury and one or two large joints, more often - hip, less often - humeral;the beginning is gradual;with the passage of time the process becomes more intense and permanent, muscle contractures and restriction of mobility in the joints are formed;
- Scandinavian is a rare form of flow in which the spine and small joints of the feet and hands are affected;development resembles rheumatoid arthritis;in connection with the later appearance of symptoms of sacroiliitis, as well as benign course, diagnosis is difficult;
- central - localization of the process only in separate departments or in the entire spine;is characterized by the formation of the thoracic kyphosis in combination with a pronounced lordosis of the cervical region or a combination of the absence of kyphosis of the thoracic and lordosis of the lumbar spine;the onset of the disease is inconspicuous, gradual, because of which the diagnosis is established only after a few years;
- peripheral , in which the disease captures the middle( knee, ankle) and smaller joints( feet, brushes), as well as the sacroiliac joint;relapsing arthritis is characterized by subacute flow, asymmetric lesion and is accompanied by a gradual development of muscle contractures, deformities and pronounced restriction of mobility of one or two joints.
All about the selection of chondroprotectors for arthrosis - http: //osteocure.ru/lekarstva/ hondroprotektory-pri-artroze.html
Complications and prognosis of
In addition to the above, there may be complications in the form of of aortic valve and heart with the development of the corresponding symptomatology. Restriction of mobility of the chest contributes to frequent respiratory diseases, pneumonia and development of tuberculosis and fibrosis of the apex of the lungs.
Complications from the nervous system are manifested in the form of radiculitis, shoulder-shoulder syndrome with severe pain, and the development of osteoporosis leads to fractures of even cervical vertebrae, followed by a violation of breathing, disability and death.A frequent complication is renal amyloidosis with a progressive severe course.
DiagnosisDiagnosis is established on the basis of a clinical picture and characteristic X-ray studies, in which: expansion of the articular cleft of the sacroiliac joints, their ankylosis, indistinctness of the joint cracks, characteristic erosions with sclerosing zones in the corners of vertebral bodies, destruction of disks, changes in the areahip and small joints and others.
Laboratory blood test data are not more or less specific.
The detection of the disease in the early stages is greatly assisted by the use of magnetic resonance imaging( ).
It consists in the use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents of pyrazolone series and indole derivatives, non-steroidal and hormonal drugs, the use of antibiotics and antibacterial drugs( in the case of complications of inflammatory nature in other organs).
All about the use of Diclofenac in injections and its analogs for pain of different etiology. And to find cheap substitutes for Gast Fastum you can here.
As an auxiliary therapy in the treatment of Bechterew disease it is useful to use traditional medicine. One of them is a herbaceous collection consisting of the roots of elecampane, valerian, rhizome of calamus, herbs of St. John's wort and plantain, burdock, immortelle, ground oats and maize. A mixture of plants is infused and taken at a certain dosage.
A rice diet is also used to remove toxins from the body.The use of traditional medicine must be agreed with the doctor and can be used in conjunction with the main treatment.
Swimming, massage, mud therapy and therapeutic baths and physical exercises, which prevent pronounced ankylosing changes in the joints, have a significant effect.
Learn more about Bechterew's Disease and how to treat the disease from a video story.
Video: Medical gymnastics with Bekhterev's Disease. Complex of exercises
Bechterew's disease in women
Bechterew's disease is a serious chronic disease in which the joints, spine and internal organs are affected. The spine suffers most of all when, as a result of the course of the disease, it becomes inflexible, acquiring a form that radiologists called a "bamboo shoot".
Bechterew's disease affects men more often( according to different data from 4: 1 to 9: 1), begins to develop usually in adolescence. The insidiousness of this disease is that at the beginning of its development it is very reminiscent of osteochondrosis, as a result of which a person receives a long treatment "from osteochondrosis" or is not treated at all. As a result, his physical activity is minimized, which makes it possible for the disease to progress.
Causes of Bechterew's disease
There is no single answer to the question of the cause of the disease. There are three main factors:
- A disorder in one of the proteins of the immune system, which causes connective and cartilaginous tissues to become more susceptible to infection;
- Infectious factors: in particular, the transferred staphylococcal and klebsiella bacterial diseases;
- Frequent stress.
How does the disease develop?
As a result of "improper" immunity, inflammation of ligaments, joint capsules, intervertebral discs, muscle tendon sites that attach to the joints occurs. In the spine, due to this, defects are formed, in the place of which bone growths are grown, connecting together and, as it were, gluing together vertebrae with each other.
How does Bakhterev's disease manifest in women?
Women have some characteristics: the hip and shoulder joints are most affected( not the spine).In addition, the disease develops much more slowly - an accurate diagnosis can be made sometimes only after 15 years from the onset of the disease. The spine at the same time retains mobility, less often than in men, is deformed. Joints also rarely undergo significant structural changes.
Almost always, the disease in women does not begin with pain in the lumbosacral spine, but with pain in the thoracic part of it, in the shoulder joints or other small joints, which makes it difficult to distinguish it from polyarthritis.
The disease can begin also in the form of back pain, which is given to the knee, thigh or inguinal region. Over time, the knee joint becomes less and less mobile. The beginning can also be in the cervical spine - it becomes painful to bend the neck, it is more difficult to get your chin to the sternum.
Pain in the joints and spine have their own characteristics: they intensify in the second half of the night, because of which a person wakes up. Then, as the motor activity progresses, the pain passes, the mobility in the joints improves.
Ankylosing spondylitis in women can also start with eye damage when there is a decrease in vision, a feeling of "sand" in the eyes, a noticeable reddening of the eyes. Also, the heart and large vessels( aorta) are often affected in this disease. This is manifested by nonspecific symptoms: slight shortness of breath, palpitations, there are irregularities in the heart area or pain behind the sternum.
Kidneys can also be affected. In this case, the pathological protein-amyloid-is deposited in them. Because of it, the kidneys can not work normally, kidney failure and uremia develop rapidly. The nervous system suffers from the fact that the roots of nerves are squashed by bone growths in the spine. Vertebrae can easily break, causing complete cessation of the action of the nerves, as a result of which one or several extremities may be paralyzed.
An accurate diagnosis can be made only on the basis of an X-ray picture, which for women does not show characteristic changes for a long time.
Treatment of Bechterew's disease
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Butadione, Ibuprofen and others.
- Sulfasalazine, which combines both antimicrobial properties and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Less commonly used are immunosuppressants( Leukeran, Imuran) and intra-articular injection of glucocorticoids( prednisolone, hydrocortisone).
Bechterew's disease - ankylosing spondylitis, is a chronic systemic autoimmune disease of the joints and spinal column. Medical specialists refer him also to the group of seronegative polyarthritis. It occurs more often in men than in women, so you can say that this disease affects more men.
Bechterew's disease in women is less common, but the symptoms are not as intense as in men, so the diagnosis is delayed.
As a rule, Bechterew's disease in women in this regard undergoes therapeutic effects already in the late stages, at the very peak of the clinical picture. Bechterew's disease in women, according to statistics, is about five times less common than in men.
Recent stages are characterized by deformation of the spine
Bechterew's disease symptoms in women
The main symptom of the disease is severe pain in the lumbar and sacral region. As a rule, the symptomatology does not make itself felt even after seven years of latent flow, while in women the latent period lasts even longer. Pain is specific, usually worse during sleep, than awakens the patient. Then, by morning and in the morning, it is declining. In this case, there is an interesting feature in the disease - the need to "pacing the disease."As a rule, pain syndrome increases after weight lifting, overloads, overstrain, active physical exercises. However, prolonged stay in one position, hypodynamia increase the feeling of stiffness in the back, compression and fossils in the spine.
There are cases when women complain of pain in the heels in the Achilles tendon area. Also, due to the fact that one of the first affects the sacrum, women develop pain in the buttocks. Physicians often try to diagnose sciatica - an inflammation of the sciatic nerve, very unsuccessfully.
Further, at later stages, joint damage begins. Initially, there are large: humeral, hip, elbow, knee, and after - small. For example, the joints of the hands and feet. In this case the cartilaginous and tendinous tissue, as well as the tissue of the ligaments, is substituted for bone. This is the danger of the disease - paralysis due to the fossilized vertebral column and the destruction of the joints.
Recent stages are characterized by deformation of the spine. So, for example, there is a smoothing of all lordosis, the so-called flattening of the back. The exception is the thoracic kyphosis, which acquires vivid features.
Patients are formed by the type of "begging", with a strongly curved back, lowered head and slightly bent knees.
The course of the disease in women has a number of features and differences from the male clinical picture. They are as follows:
- abnormal process manifests itself mainly in the shoulder joints;
- is characterized by polyarthritis - multiple lesions of large and small joints;
- asymmetry in the lesion of large joints, for example, the joint of one knee can become inflamed, and the second retains its natural state;
- moderation in inflammation of all joints, the existence of remission even in the absence of any treatment;
- the formation of the disease mainly in the thoracic and sacral areas.
Diagnosis of the disease
Diagnosis of the disease in women
Diagnosis of the disease and diagnosis are often untimely due to undefined symptoms. Often the treatment of an adjacent disease begins, and only after it does not give results does the search for the true cause begin.
Magnetic resonance imaging may also be prescribed - MRI.This is a safe, modern, painless method that allows you to collect the maximum amount of information on the ailment. CT is also effective - computed tomography.
The most effective diagnostic method is X-ray examination. It allows to reveal the degree of neglect of the disease, determines the degree of inflammation and destruction of joints, bones.
The main diagnostic criteria that apply to women include the following:
- experience pain in the sacrum, as well as the lumbar region that arise at the moment of rest and pass during the period of motor activity;
- restriction of mobility in the thoracic region, minimizing the mobility of the ribs, which affects the depth of inspiration;
- inflammatory processes in sacral joints.
Treatment of Bechterew's disease in women
Treatment is complex, it includes not only medical methods, but also is based on non-drug therapies. In addition, therapy should be carried out throughout life, the patient needs to adjust the lifestyle: change the diet, keep to a diet, develop the habit of sleeping on a hard mattress, very often without pillows. It can be said that therapy implies the use of conservative methods of treatment. The main ones include: massages, manual therapy, complex exercise therapy, health gymnastics, physiotherapeutic and medicinal effects. Only the complexity and systemic nature, as well as the use of therapeutic agents throughout the subsequent life, will help slow the progression of the disease and the patient will remain active for a long time.
Bechterew's disease in Women - Features and TreatmentTopic: Health and Beauty |11/09/2015 |0 CommentsDiseases of the joints and the spine are not by hearsay familiar to the elderly. However, everywhere there are exceptions, and therefore the defeat of the spine, leading to the fusion of the vertebrae, may indicate the development of such a dangerous ailment as Bekhterev's disease. Particularly difficult with such a problem to the fairer sex, and therefore in this publication will tell you about what shows Bekhterev's disease in women and whether it is possible to cure this ailment.
Characteristics of pathology
Ankylosing spondylitis is a rare pathology that affects people in their prime, not older than 40 years. In medicine, such an anomaly is called ankylosing spondylitis and is characterized by rheumatic damage to cartilage, bones and ligaments, which ultimately leads to immobility of the spine and inflammation of other joints.
Women face this pathology much less often than men, but having appeared at a young age, such a disease is able in a few years to turn a beautiful and full-strength woman into a crooked "old woman" with a badly bending back and constant pain in the spine.
Why there is a disease
The exact causes of Bechterew's disease are not established. However, in the body of all patients, the altered HLA-B27 gene is detected, which the patients received from their parents. It then provokes an inadequate response of immunity to cells of the joint tissue, being an inflammatory provoker. Speaking specifically about women, scientists do not exclude the influence of strong stress and nervous overwork on the development of this disease. But there is no evidence that the disease provokes infectious diseases( streptococcal infection or pathology of the genitourinary system).
How the disease is manifested
The appearance of the disease very often occurs secretly, without any manifestations, and only after 5-7 years the fair sex feels the first signs of the disease - pain in the shoulders and spine, which intensifies at night, interfering with normal rest. In addition, back pain occurs after lifting weights and active physical exercises.
Appearing in the sacral spine, the disease gradually covers the entire vertebral column, which leads to increased pain. But the most dangerous is that after the inflammation develops ankylosis - ossification of the joints of the spine. In this case, the back is unbending more and more difficult, and then completely loses its flexibility. In this state, a woman not only can not fully work, but the usual movement causes her a lot of unpleasant sensations.
Characteristics of the disease in women
In women, the disease under examination proceeds with some characteristic features:
- disease most often occurs in the shoulder joints;
- for such patients is characterized by polyarthritis, i.e.the defeat of several joints;
- complete fusion of vertebrae in women is extremely rare;
- most often the inflammatory process covers the thoracic spine;
- the period of remission lasts much longer than in men.
How to treat the disease
It is important to understand that the treatment of such a serious illness should be life-long, and the woman in this plan will have to revise her daily routine and daily to prevent the disease. It should include active gymnastics, which restores muscle mobility, as well as regular exercise( swimming, skiing).A good effect is given by the techniques of deep breathing. In addition, it is useful to sleep on a hard mattress, which will prevent the occurrence of nocturnal back pain.
In addition to the regime of the day will have to revise the diet. It is important to control your own weight, because obesity only increases the burden on the spine, worsening the existing position. You should consume more protein foods( dairy products and fish), and monitor the intake of vitamins.
A course of psychotherapeutic treatment can be of great help in treatment. Many neurologists consider it to be a key moment in the fight against Bekhterev's disease, but all because women are much less resistant to stress, and the disease is often provoked by a shaky unequal system.
In case of exacerbations that provoke Bechterew's disease in women, such patients are prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs from the NSAID group( Ketoprofen or Diclofenac).Good reviews have the drug Sulfasalazine, which is widely used in rheumatoid arthritis. In severe cases, doctors prescribe cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen on the spine, which helps alleviate the condition in 90% of cases.
To maximally protect yourself from this ailment it is important to avoid heavy physical exertion( jumping, running and sudden movements), avoid hypothermia, undergo a massage and physiotherapy course( at least four times a year), and avoid possible experiences.
As you can see, with such a complex disease as Bekhterev's disease, you can successfully cope if you monitor your health and monitor possible exacerbations. Take care of your health!
Bechterew's disease is a rheumatic disease that manifests itself in the defeat of bones, ligaments and cartilaginous tissue, followed by the development of ankylosis. Pathological changes affect mainly the spine, sacrum and iliac bones. The first signs of the disease are nonspecific, which often leads to late diagnosis and development of neglected forms, when treatment is ineffective. Characteristic of the onset of the disease at the age of thirty-five years in men, but in 20-10% of cases Bekhterev's disease develops in women. The appearance of the patient with already pronounced changes in the musculoskeletal system resembles the pose of the applicant: the lowered shoulders, the bent back and the hollow thorax, the knees slightly bent at the knees.
The causes of
are not revealed today. The tendency of development of Bekhterev's disease in families where there are already cases of this disease is traced. The genetic theory is supported by the fact that the overwhelming majority of patients with ankylosing spondylitis have antigen HLA B27, which in the general population is found in less than 10% of people.this antigen determines the increased sensitivity to the effects of infectious agents that are capable of causing inflammatory processes in the cartilaginous and connective tissue.
It is noted that predisposition to the development of Bechterew's disease is experienced by people who have had generalized streptococcal infection or infectious inflammation of the genitourinary system.
The antigen HLA B27 plays a key role in the pathogenesis of bone, cartilage and connective tissue damage in Bechterew's disease. Being in tissues, the antigen forms a complex with the antibody of the microorganism( klebsiella, streptococcus), which causes a response of T-lymphocytes. Since the antigen-antibody complex is located directly on the surface of the target tissue, T-lymphocytes, trying to neutralize the pathogen of inflammation, damage the tissue of their own organism. The predominant production of this class of lymphocytes for fighting infection is also a feature of the effect on the body of the antigen HLA B27.There is also evidence of the presence in the active phase of the disease of humoral immunity to lipopolysaccharide Klebsiella pneumoniae, a microorganism that is believed to be leading in the activation of inflammation in this nosology.
As a result of the above described processes inflammation of the connective and cartilaginous tissue occurs: intervertebral discs, places of attachment to the bones of tendons and ligaments, articular capsules. Intervertebral discs are affected from the outside, in particular their fibrous capsules. Soon the process grasps the adjacent vertebrae in the area of the front surface of their bodies. Here, edge erosions( along the edge of the vertebral bodies) are actively formed, which subsequently leads to the formation of bone outgrowths in their place - syndesmophytes. Thus, a conglomerate is formed from the vertebrae covered on the edges with bony outgrowths and the intervertebral discs hardened from the outside. During this period there is an x-ray symptom of the "bamboo shoot".Syndesmophytes tend to spread their growth to the ossified outer fibrous capsules of intervertebral discs, which subsequently leads to complete ossification and transformation of the spine into a continuous, unbending bone. A similar process occurs on the iliac sac, such fusion and ossification is called ankylosis.
Disturbance of mobility in articulations and joints of the spine leads to chronic pain due to constant tension of the back muscles, or nerve impairment.
Symptoms and signs
Most often, the first symptoms of Bechterew's disease are transient joint pain, arthritis, pain in the sacrum and lower back giving to the back of the thigh. The first and only initial symptom may be pain in the Achilles tendon or calcaneus, symmetrical or not. Particular attention should be given to this symptom in young men and girls. Sometimes the disease begins with eye inflammation. For early diagnosis, caution is important about ankylosing spondylitis, and the timely determination of HLA B27.
Diagnostic criteria for Bechterew's disease:
- Feeling of stiffness in the lower part of the spine for longer than three months.
- Pain at rest in the sacrum, pelvic bones, lower back, which pass when moving.
- Strong restriction of the mobility of the ribs and sternum, which affects the depth of breathing.
- Inflammation of both sacroiliac joints.
The combination of the last symptom with one of the others makes it possible to talk about Bekhterev's disease.
The initial period of the disease is very similar to osteochondrosis. Nevertheless, there are two very revealing and simple tests that will help differentiate ankylosing spondylitis before the appearance of radiological and obvious clinical symptoms.
- Slopes to the sides. When osteochondrosis is quite feasible, without detaching the feet from the floor. With spondylitis - no.
- Disappearance of pain in the spine in the first hours after taking a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
The classical variant of the flow of Bechterew's disease is centralized. Pathological changes occur only in the joints of the spine and sacroiliac joints. This changes posture and soon develops a persistent kyphosis, sharply reduced mobility in the lumbar and sacroiliac joints, flattening the pelvis.
Less common is the variant of the disease course involving large joints. Arthritis of the knee and / or femoral joints is observed, followed by ankylosis. In this case, the general condition can be disturbed little, or there is a high fever at the onset of the disease with a sharp deterioration in the objective state.
Sometimes Bechterew's disease proceeds according to the type of rheumatoid arthritis, with no x-ray signs of the disease, but there is a general morning stiffness and impairment of the mobility of the joints of the hands and feet. In this case, polyarthritis can develop.
The course of Bechterew's disease in women has its own characteristics. Often the process begins on the joints of the shoulders and the distal parts of the limbs, polyarthritis predominates. The rhizomyelic form of the disease develops. The defeat of large joints is asymmetric. The pain syndrome is moderately expressed. The activity of inflammation is medium or low, after which, even without treatment, a prolonged remission occurs. Significantly less complete ankylosis occurs. Often mobility in the lumbar and sacroiliac region is maintained, and changes occur in the thoracic spine.
Due to these differences, diagnosis in the early stages is significantly hampered, which reduces the overall detection rate of ankylosing spondylitis in women.
X-ray signs of Bechterew's disease.
- Ossification of ligaments of the spine, more often between the last thoracic and the first lumbar.
- Blurred edges of the sacroiliac joints.
- Change in the width of spaces between the iliac bones and the sacrum( wider at the onset of the disease, narrowing before the end of ankylosis).
- Symptom of "bamboo shoot" is the fusion of the vertebrae into a single bone with the formation of syndesmophytes.
- "square vertebrae" destruction of vertebral bodies and as a consequence a change in their shape.
- fusion of pubic symphysis, sternal joints with ribs and collarbones.
- Osteophytes on the lower edges of the ischium bones.
- rose heel bones.
Treatment is carried out for life, tactics and drugs vary depending on the stage and intensity of the pathological process. The initial course of treatment is carried out in a hospital.it allows to reliably estimate the picture of the disease and optimally select the drugs and their doses.
In an active inflammatory period, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Butadion or Pirabutol, are administered in an individual dose.
After 10-14 days, these drugs are replaced by one of the following: Indomethacin, Metindol, Movalis, Brufen, Voltaren. These drugs can be used for a long time, before the transition of the disease to the stage of remission.
Long-term use of sulfasalazine has an antimicrobial effect and neutralizes the effect of microorganisms on bone, cartilaginous tissue and ligaments.
Systematic application of Wobenzima with initial changes in ligaments allows to partially restore their lost functions, and significantly delay ossification.
The severe course of Bechterew's disease, with high fever and marked inflammation of the joints, requires the appointment of a limited course of cytostatics and steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The drug of choice is Prednisolone up to 30 mg per day.
At the initial stages of the disease, physiotherapy and massage are effective. This improves blood supply to tissues and delivery of drugs to them, a certain level of mobility in the spine, muscle relaxes and the pain subsides, and an additional anti-inflammatory effect is provided.
The use of radiotherapy allows you to quickly remove the inflammation in the severe course of the disease. Specificity of the effect of ionizing radiation on the connective tissue and nervous system improves the circulation of liquids in the spine, which contributes to the renewal of the cartilaginous tissue and ligaments. Assign short courses no more than twice a year.
Sanatorium treatment significantly increases the period of remission, improves the quality of life. A good effect is provided by radon and hydrogen sulphide baths. In the active period do not apply. Patients with Bechterew's disease should undergo a spa treatment once or twice a year.Dmitry Voroshilov
Last year, his son, 20 years old, was diagnosed with disability of the third group for Bekhterev's illness, this year they dislocated the disability, the doctors of MS K settled on good results of analyzes. And the stiffness remained: the son walks with a duck walk, fast movements do notand does not run.treatment continues, expensive medicines( arava-20, nolpaz, etc.) Money from a disability pension was needed to purchase the medicine. How to be?
The defeat of bone or cartilage tissue, decreased mobility of joints in women may indicate the presence of a rather complex disease, the study of the characteristics of which is conducted by specialists to date. Bechterew's disease in women occurs less frequently than in men, but manifests itself with its own peculiarities and complications.
Specialists do not know the exact reasons for the occurrence of the disorder, but only possible conditions for the development of Bekhterev's disease are called. Symptoms of the disease are often similar to signs of other disorders of the functioning of the spine, and treatment lasts for a long time, often for many years.
The peculiarity of the course of ankylosing spondylitis in women is that the shoulder joints and pelvic bones are much more often affected, whereas in men the spine often suffers. At the initial stage of the disease, the mobility of women is almost not limited, the spine functions as before, therefore, it is not immediately obvious to notice and diagnose the presence of a disorder. And then, so that the only development of the situation is not the disability of the woman, you need to take drastic, constant measures to normalize the condition of bones and joints.
Symptoms of the disease
In the initial stages of Bechterew's disease, it can manifest as aching pain in the lumbosacral spine. Often, painful sensations increase when lifting weights and limit possible loads that a woman can raise. Intensive physical activity also becomes painful, and the woman is forced to limit her activity.
The next symptom with the development of Bechterew's disease is the restriction of mobility of large, and then small joints. This is due to the fact that the cartilaginous tissue is replaced by bone, the so-called fossil of joints occurs. With a prolonged process of the course of the disease, as well as the absence of treatment, this can lead to a woman's disability due to significant limited mobility.
Syndrome of Bechterew's disease most strongly manifested in the second half of the night, the pain becomes so strong that a woman wakes up because of discomfort and painful sensations in the joints. If the morning to do gymnastics, by activating the mobility of the joints, the pain becomes less.
Often in women against the background of Bechterew's disease, polyarthritis develops - a lesion of many large and small joints, manifested in aching pain or limited mobility.
Limited mobility of joints in a woman, accompanied by pain, can be caused by Bekhterev's disease. To diagnose the disease and prescribe an effective treatment can only a qualified doctor based on the symptoms and features of the course of the syndrome.
Another clear symptom of Bechterew's disease is eye inflammation or visual impairment. In addition, a woman may have shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, sometimes there is pain in the chest. The presence of several symptoms at the same time is a great reason to call a doctor and conduct complex diagnostics.
The causes of the violation of
Despite the fact that specialists can not explain with great accuracy why women develop this syndrome, but there are some prerequisites that affect the development of the disease.
Since such a violation in the human body is autoimmune, often the main cause of the occurrence of Bechterew's disease is changes in the immune system of the woman's body. Because of such disorders, bone and cartilaginous tissues become susceptible to infection. Among other reasons, experts call:
- a hereditary factor, such a violation in the immune system can be transmitted from one generation to another;
- permanent or severe stress can be the first prerequisite for a disorder in the spine or joints;
- suffered from viral or infectious diseases;
- inflammation in the genitourinary system;
- diseases or injuries of internal organs.
Most of the above-mentioned disorders of the body's activity lead to the development of a peculiar gluing substance, which breaks the structure of bones, ligaments, joints. Although it is often impossible to prevent such violations, it is necessary to notice the changes in time and to see a doctor for the treatment of this disease.
Define Bechterew's disease in women in the body can only be due to the presence of several symptoms and after a thorough diagnosis. Examinations of a woman often involve taking an X-ray and taking some tests. When making a diagnosis, a qualified specialist necessarily takes into account the age of the woman, the characteristics of her body and lifestyle. Only after this can be determined, how to treat Bechterev's disease.
It is almost impossible to stop and completely prevent the emergence of disturbing processes in the bones and joints of the female body, therefore, treatment and maintenance prophylaxis will last for a long time, and more often - permanently.
The treatment process will include several stages.
- Reception of medicinal preparations restoring the structure of bone and cartilaginous tissue. Most often, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used that prevent the further development of the disease.
- Application of vitamin complexes or biologically active additives that fill the body with the necessary trace elements and nutrients. Proper balanced nutrition will preserve the structure and density of bones for a long time, and cartilage and joints - flexible and elastic.
- In extreme cases of severe illness the patient needs to be in the hospital and use stronger drugs, otherwise a person may face disability.
- Massage and manual therapy of the affected area of the body, restoring blood circulation in this part and activating the supply of oxygen.
- An essential part of the treatment for Bechterew's disease is therapeutic gymnastics to support the activity of the body, the development and comfortable mobility of all joints, and the activation of blood circulation in the body. A set of exercises can be prescribed by a doctor, it's not desirable to do exercises yourself.
Disease Despite the fact that it is difficult to detect this syndrome, and in the early stages it is almost impossible, at the first suspicion of the doctor and after the diagnosis it is necessary to proceed immediately to treatment, since delay can be costly to the patient. Ignoring Bechterew's disease can manifest itself as a serious complication of the human musculoskeletal system, the most dangerous of which is disability.
The stronger the disease affects the body, the more painful, constrained, limited movements will be, as a result of which a woman tends to further reduce her mobility. And this, in turn, can lead to an even more exacerbating condition of bones and joints. Of course, doing gymnastics, overcoming severe pain, it is impossible. Exercises should help to relieve the pain syndrome, and not to increase unpleasant sensations.
Another danger and complication, which can cause limited mobility of the thoracic spine - difficulty breathing. Limited supply of oxygen into the body can lead to serious violations of human life.
Ankylosing spondylitis in women does not occur as often as in men, but it has its own peculiarities and complications, so it is by no means possible to start it or ignore the manifestation of symptoms. Careful diagnosis and implementation of all the doctor's recommendations will guarantee a comfortable mobility and a normal lifestyle for a woman for many years.
Author of the article: Site expert He hurts the joint
- https: //www.facebook.com/ app_scoped_user_id /106586393018239/ Vladimir Harimov
There was this disease in my friend. Many there then had to walk around the doctors and spend on drugs.
Here all the time so - for men in the middle form there is a disease, and if in women - so suffer on complete
Treatment and symptoms of Bechterew's disease in women |Joint Disease
Bechterew's disease is an inflammatory process of a systemic nature, when the axial skeleton of the spine and the sacroiliac joint are affected. Often this disease affects other peripheral joints of the musculoskeletal system. It is worth noting that Bekhterev's disease in women occurs much less frequently than in men, about 8 times. The medical common name for this disease is ankylosing spondylitis. That is, with the development of the disease, intervertebral joints become inflamed. This inflammation leads to ankylosis - fusion of the vertebrae. Because of this, the vertebral column becomes less flexible and is limited in movements. It feels like he is in a case.
First described this disease in his article "Stiffness of the spine", published in the journal "Metropolitan Doctor", the famous Russian neurologist and psychiatrist Vladimir Mikhailovich Bekhterev in 1892.In honor of his name and called this disease.
Let's understand the causes and symptoms of Bechterew's disease and find out how it can be recognized and how to fight it.
Causes of Bechterew's disease
The essence of this disease is that calcium is transferred to the intervertebral discs and ligaments. As a result, gradual ossification occurs. The causes of this disease are several.
- In the first place, this is a genetic factor. Hereditary predisposition is the most common cause of the development of this disease in women, when a certain feature of the immune system is inherited.
- Presence of chronic infectious diseases of the intestine and urogenital system.
- Frequent disorders and stresses
- Injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
The downside of this disease is that at the initial stages of development it is often confused with osteochondrosis. Having set the patient such a diagnosis, he is treated for a long time incorrectly, and the disease in the meantime develops further. This is a very important point to which you need to pay close attention.
Symptoms and features of Bechterew's disease in women
The manifestation of Bechterew's disease in women has its own characteristics, which differ from the manifestation of the disease in men.
- Women are most often affected by hip and shoulder joints, and not at all by the spine, although he may also suffer from this disease.
- When the pain starts, they are easily confused with pain in polyarthritis, because they are localized in women in the thoracic spine and shoulder joints. Also, pain can appear in the lumbar region and hip joints that give in the groin and knee, and in the cervical region, when it is increasingly difficult to tilt the head forward and reach for the chin to the chest.
- The spine, for all its manifestations, remains mobile for a long time and deforms less often than in men.
- Pain, as with arthritis, has a night, sudden nature. Appears often in the second half of the night and passes as the motor activity.
- It often feels pain in the heels.
- Stiffness in the thoracic spine of
- Symptom of Bechterew's disease in women is that the eyes are affected. There is a feeling of sand in the eyes, there is a strong redness of the eyeballs. Maybe there will be a slight decrease in vision.
- The disease can be accompanied by violations in the cardiovascular system - heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest pains.
- Often Bechterew's disease has a negative effect on the kidney system, in particular, on the kidneys. Pathological protein - amyloid - is deposited in the kidneys, causing their dysfunction. This can lead to uremia and kidney failure.
- On the nervous system of the body, this disease is also not reflected in the best way. Ossification of the spine and large joints leads to pinching and squashing of the nerve roots, which leads to the cessation of their normal functioning. In some cases, paralysis of the extremities is observed because of this.
Diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis
Diagnosis at the initial stages of the disease is very difficult. On X-ray images, it can be discerned only if the disease reaches the second stage of development or in neglected forms. In the early stages, you need to carry out magnetic resonance imaging or computed tomography. These are the most reliable methods of detecting this disease. Also it is worth paying attention to laboratory tests of the patient's blood. With this diagnosis, the patient has an ESR value of 30 to 50 mm and higher in the blood. Also, with suspicion of the disease, Bechterew conducts a study to identify the patient's antigen HLAB27, a hereditary gene that provokes the disease. As a rule, in 80% of patients this gene is present. A competent doctor. The earlier the patient starts to sound the alarm, paying attention to the symptoms characteristic for this disease, the more effective the treatment will be.
Treatment of Bechterew's disease
Treatment of this disease is a set of activities and procedures. Conservative treatment of the disease with the use of drugs and non-medicines is used. In addition, a patient with a diagnosis - Bekhterev's disease - is waiting for a clear self-control for the rest of his life. It will be necessary to change your diet, keep to a diet, reconsider the way of life, sleep on a hard mattress, sometimes even without pillows. Only an integrated approach will help, if not cured of the disease, then at least to stop its progression and remove unpleasant symptoms. So, Bekhterev's disease in women is treated conservatively.
- The main task of medical treatment of Bechterew's disease in women is the removal of pain, the elimination of the inflammatory process and the restoration of the functions of the spine. To do this, doctors appoint a patient anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs-Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Butadion and others. They are applied until the pain syndrome subsides. As soon as this occurs, the dose should be reduced by half. But, in no case abruptly not stop treatment, it can negatively affect health. Anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs can be used indefinitely, until the desired result is obtained.
- Sulfasalazine is an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory drug. They are used in the defeat of peripheral joints.
- Intra-articular injection of glucocorticoids - Prednisolone and others.
- In some cases, immunosuppressants are used - Imuran, Leukeran and others.
- When muscle pain is expressed in the muscles of the back, muscle relaxants are used.
Additional methods of treatment of ankylosing spondylitis
In addition to the drug effect, the most important, one might say, the main role in the treatment is played by the methods of non-drug treatment of the problem.
- Therapeutic gymnastics( LFK).This is the implementation of specially designed exercises, which, if done regularly, will help restore the mobility of the spine and joints, relax the muscles and bring them into tonus.
- Therapeutic massage and manual therapy. The impact on the sore spots by the hands of a specialist helps to relax and relieve tension and pain.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures - magnetotherapy, thermal treatment and other methods.
- Radon and hydrogen sulphide baths.
- Mud treatment.
With the timely access to a doctor and competent diagnosis, many health problems can be avoided. Be healthy!