Tendonosis of joints - causes and treatment depending on the location ofTendonosis is a disease that affects the area of the tendons and muscles.
Often the focus of inflammation is observed in the places of attachment of the ligament to the bone, it happens that the inflammation spreads throughout the tendon.
Tendonous tendon is characterized by the onset of severe pain and impaired activity in the injured area.
Similar symptoms signal the development of pathology and suggest immediate treatment, as there is a risk of tearing off the tendon from the bone with subsequent surgery.
Causes of inflammation
During training or other physical exertion on the body, there is a possibility of obtaining microtraumas of muscles, tendons or connective tissue. After the end of the loads, the tissues resuscitate their structure for subsequent loading or training activities.
In the absence of the required rest, the tissues do not have time to recover, the fatigue process is prolonged, as a result of which the disease develops.
Also the reasons may be:
- Constant enhanced physical activity. At the risk of the disease include athletes, or people working physically.
- Age is more than 40 years. With age, ligaments lose their strength and elasticity, thereby undergoing microtrauma.
- Weak immunity. Tendons and tissues can not fully recover after a load, and also do not possess the required strength to prevent the occurrence of trauma, due to the weak resistance of the organism to external factors.
- Incorrect posture.
- Wearing shoes with high heels.
- Bacterial infections.
- Development of an allergy to medicines.
Classification of the disease
Depending on the area of injury and the nature of the course of the disease, there are several types of tendonosis :
- Inflammation of tendon of the knee joint .It develops mainly among athletes, as a result of increased loads on the lower limbs. This type of disease is known by as a "knee jumper".The focus of inflammation arises in the area of the ligament under the knee, which is responsible for flexion and extension of the leg. At an early stage of development, such a disease is difficult to diagnose, manifests itself as unpleasant sensations in sudden movements. Then the pain in the movement increases, after - does not pass even at rest. Bundle can get a microtrauma as a result of improper running technique, frequent jumps, during hard surface training.
- Inflammation of the hip joint ( large trochanter of the thigh bone).Foci of inflammation can occur in different areas of the pelvic region. In the case of abnormal training and exercise, tendons of the long adductor muscle, tendons of the ilio-lumbar muscle, and the tendons of the abduction muscles can become inflamed. In all cases, acute pain and movement restriction are observed.
- Tendonosis of the elbow joint .It develops as a result of a series of sharp movements of the hands involving the elbow joint. It can occur in athletes - tennis players, in violation of the technique of the game or with baseball players with frequent and long-term load.
- Lesion of the of the shoulder joint. A disease of this kind is formed as a result of injury to the tendons that attach the shoulder muscles to the humerus. This type of disease affects not only athletes, but also people engaged in heavy physical labor. Trauma can occur, for example, with a sudden increase in severity.
Symptoms and signs of the pathology
Symptoms of the development of the disease:
- the emergence of pain in the affected, injured area, at first the pain arises only after prolonged exertion, then gradually fades, and later becomes more intense;
- palpation of the injured tendon feels pain;
- a crunch is heard while the injured limb is moving;
- the place where the focus of inflammation is reddened and condensed.
Diagnosis of the patient is due to the occurrence of pain during exercise. First of all, a traumatologist - an orthopedist produces palpation of muscles and tendons to determine injured areas and the degree of limited movement.
For more detailed diagnosis, ultrasound or X-ray examination is used.
What methods of treatment do doctors recommend?
Treatment of tendonosis of the hip, knee and other joints depends on the stage of the disease.When diagnosed at an early stage, the disease can be eliminated by conservative treatment methods.
Specialists recommend rest, cold, anti-inflammatory drugs, rest the injured tendon, and also apply magnetic physiotherapy. Also in the treatment use different gels and ointments, which are applied to inflammation.
In the acute stage of development of tendonosis, the patient is recommended exercises that strengthen the muscles and tendons, under the supervision of a specialist, in order not to aggravate the trauma. The injured area is fixed in a stationary state with the help of bandages or bandaging.
Chronic form of inflammation
In chronic tendonitis, with the help of magnetic resonance imaging, the inflamed areas that are treated with surgical intervention are detected. After the operation, the patient is recommended rest and rehabilitation, lasting 2-3 months.
During this period, it is necessary to engage in exercise therapy, which strengthens and rehabilitates tendons, and restores and strengthens strength. Athletes after a surgical intervention return to sports life is allowed after 3-4 months.
How to prevent the disease
To prevent various injuries and complications, it is recommended that with special attention and care be taken to the process of doing exercises or other physical activities.
It is important to perform warm-up, stretching, avoid sudden movements and too long workouts. It is also inadmissible to sharply increase the load and intensively train one muscle group.
People who are engaged in manual labor should also rationally distribute loads, avoid lifting excessive weights. The implementation of all these simple rules will be a good prevention in preventing the emergence and development of tendonitis.
We are making progress in the treatment of knee tendonitis together!Knee tendonitis, like posttraumatic arthrosis, is most common in athletes .In most cases, tendonitis( also called tendonosis) of the knee joint is a consequence of trauma and has a strong effect on the ligament of the knee cap and tendon.
Such a knee joint disease can be provoked by frequent jumps, so basketball players and volleyball players are at risk. In this regard, tendonitis is often called a "heavy knee".However, tendonosis is found not only among athletes, but also in people far from sports. In most cases, the treatment of this disease begins with stretching and strengthening the muscles located around the knee joint.
Symptoms and Treatment of
In the first place, tendonitis manifests itself through pain. Painful sensations arise when the knee was overloaded. As a rule, the pain is felt in the area of the tendons located between the place of support of the shank and the kneecap. Pain sensations can appear when physical activity is only started or after intensive training. Tendonitis is a progressive disease of the knee joint, so if you do not start treatment in time, it can lead to inability to climb stairs or get up from a chair because of severe pain. It is also important not to engage in self-medication, ointment for joint pain is certainly good, but it can not solve the problem with tendinitis.
Treatment of the disease can be carried out in various ways. Most often, tendonosis begins to be treated with conservative methods, and only if their use is not crowned with a victory over the disease, they resort to prompt intervention.
To relieve pain, a doctor can prescribe pain medications such as naproxen or ibuprofen. However, one must remember that they can only bring temporary relief and do not influence the cause of tendonitis.
LFK and physiotherapyTendonitis of the knee is effectively treated with exercises and physiotherapy methods. Gymnastics with tendinitis is not less useful than gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Treatment of tendonosis is carried out using stretching exercises. They need to be performed regularly, in which case muscle spasm will decrease, and muscles and tendons will become longer.
Very useful and exercises that strengthen the muscles, because with weak muscles of the hip, the load on the tendon of the knee joint increases many times. Strengthening exercises will help to cope with this problem, as well as relieve pain in tendonitis.
Pain relief can be achieved by using a belt for the tendon of the knee joint. The belt pressing on the knee tendon helps to distribute the load on the knee joint tendon region correctly. Due to the correct distribution of the load, the pain becomes less intense.
Quite often in the diagnosis of tendinosis, iontophoresis is used as a treatment. This procedure is the spread of hormonal drugs( based on corticosteroids) with the help of weak discharges of electricity. Due to iontophoresis, therapeutic substances penetrate through the code into deep layers of tissue.
Surgery and other procedures
If the treatment with conservative methods does not give the expected result, the treating trauma doctor may suggest other methods to cope with the disease.
Tendonitis can be treated with:
- injections of corticosteroids. Based on the result of ultrasound, the doctor introduces corticosteroid injections around the knee tendon. Thanks to this procedure, the pain subsides. However, there is a danger of weakening the tendon, it can become more sensitive to rupture.
- Platelet-enriched plasma injections. Injections of this type were used to treat patients with complaints of chronic pain in the knee tendon. To date, studies of the impact of such injections are continuing. According to many experts, plasma injections help to cure an affected tendon, and also contribute to the formation of new tissues.
is an operation. When long-term conservative treatment is rendered useless, the doctor can suggest the patient to solve the problem by using an operation on the knee tendon. Some of the underlying tendinosis operations are performed through small incisions near the knee.
How to help yourself at home?
With the diagnosis of knee tendonosis, it is important to monitor your condition even at home. What can I do to relieve pain at home?
First, you can take an anesthetic. Temporarily forget about the pain will help naprexen or ibuprofen.
Secondly, do not engage in activities that cause / intensify pain syndrome. If you are doing sports, for a while, change the usual sport to a lighter one. In order not to damage the already aching tendon of the knee joint, do not work, overcoming the pain, this condition can significantly worsen.
Third, prepare the ice. After physical activity that causes painful sensations, attach a packet of ice wrapped in a towel to the diseased knee. You can also try to do an ice massage.
Tendonitis( tendonosis) of the hip joint
Tendonitis is, for the most part, a disease of athletes, because they are the ones that most heavily load the joints, which contributes to microtraction. As a result, inflammation begins in the tendons, which is intensified by various factors, in particular, chronic infectious diseases or non-observance of the optimal sports regimen.
Types of hip tendonitis
When diagnosing a disease, doctors conduct a thorough examination and are scheduled to take an X-ray, go to ultrasound, and, if possible, an MRI.As a result, it turns out to find out what character defeat has, and how widespread it is. The disease can occur in different locations:
- tendon of a long adductor muscle - ligament damage leads to a strong restriction of motor activity, and pains most often occur with the retraction of the leg;
- tendon of the ilio-lumbar muscle - is diagnosed more difficult, and in addition to the characteristic pain, pain impulses may appear, which give off in the lower abdomen and across the entire surface of the thigh;
- tendons of abducens muscles - the most striking symptom is the severe pain from the outside of the thigh.
Finding the place of inflammation determines not so much the general medical therapy, but the choice of pain medications. It becomes clear where exactly the injection of directional action is needed to quickly quench the pain syndrome.
Basic principles of treatment
First of all, it is necessary to provide the tendon with maximum rest to relieve the pain, which is sometimes impossible without the help of medications. At the end of some time, doctors recommend starting a special gymnastics, stimulating the strengthening of muscles. It is carried out regularly and at first with minimal stress, but with the appearance of pain, it is necessary to stop training for 3-7 days, and to adhere to bed rest. Massage and various physiotherapy procedures can also be recommended.
Alternative treatment of tendonitis
In the fight against tendonitis, you can try and folk remedies that will enhance the effectiveness of traditional treatment activities. You can take alcoholic infusion from the walnut partitions, which is done very easily. It is only necessary to pour a glass of washed partitions of 0.5 liters of alcohol, and insist in a dark place for three weeks. You need to consume the medicine three times a day for 1 tablespoon, but you must first consult with your doctor.
Tendonitis of the hip joint is difficult to treat, and even complex therapy requires much more time, compared with lesions in the knee, elbow or shoulder joint. In addition, the joint can still be a little worried in the future, manifested by aching pains "on the weather."In order to avoid such discomfort, it is recommended to visit the sanatoriums and medical resorts annually, where you can feel the healing effect of mineral waters, mud and thermal springs.
It turns out that this disease, which indicates that the muscles, joints and tendons of a person have a heavy load, for example, during long, daily, debilitating workouts.
Knee of the jumper
This is the name of the patellar tendonosis. This disease is a patellar ligament, which is attached to the patella and tibia. This ligament ensures the extension of the leg and lifting it in a straightened position. In this case, the points where the tendon is attached, is under tremendous strain. Therefore, most often such problems are found in jumpers, most often on a jogging leg, although sometimes it happens on two legs. Most often, knee joint tendonitis affects people who are engaged in basketball, boxing, running with obstacles. And, of course, this affliction affects lovers of riding a bicycle.
In addition to the jumper's knee, there is often a tendon of the hip joint. This disease can be divided into several types. First, it is an inflammation of the long adductor muscle. At the same time, a person experiences such symptoms as the restriction of motor activity and soreness with legs being pulled away.
Secondly, it is an inflammation of the ilio-lumbar muscle. There are pains not only in the affected leg, but also in the lower abdomen. And, finally, thirdly, this defeat of the tendon of the abduction muscle. Here soreness appears on the outer surface of the thigh.
Tendonosis of the Achilles tendon occurs most often after 30 years. At the same time, it becomes less elastic with age, it becomes calcified, becomes non-uniform, and often with an inadequate load, it breaks or breaks. In this case, a person experiences pain in the leg, near the heel, a swelling of the sore spot, a local increase in temperature in it. In the morning, after sleeping, a person can literally not make a single step for a few minutes because of the pain.
Among the other types of ailment tendencies tendon tendon of the supraspinum muscle of the shoulder. The main symptom is the soreness that occurs when the hand moves. At the slightest manifestations of the disease in order to prevent complications, it is necessary to begin timely treatment, which can only appoint a doctor.
The doctor of traumatologist-orthopedist is engaged in treatment of tendinosis, including in the calcaneal region. If the disease is identified for the first time, then conservative methods of treatment are prescribed. Among them - ensuring the rest of the affected limb, cold on the area of inflammation, the imposition of a tight bandage. When sitting or lying down, the limb must be kept in an elevated position.
If necessary, anti-inflammatory drugs from the NSAID group, analgesics, and corticosteroid preparations may be prescribed. After removal of the inflammation, physical activity should be dosed.