Therapeutic exercise for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy exercises a solid place among the auxiliary methods of treating a number of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Osteochondrosis is no exception. Correctly selected set of exercises for osteochondrosis, performed regularly and with the recommended periodicity of the doctor is able to become a serious help in the fight against the disease.
Indications for the application of exercise therapy
Contraindications for performing gymnastics in osteochondrosis
Precautions for performing exercises
Rules for exercise therapy
Complex of therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis
Indications for exercise therapy
Osteochondrosis is a disease caused by aging and the gradual destruction of body tissues. Therefore, therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis is indicated not only in the treatment of this disease, but also as a preventive measure. The muscular corset, created and strengthened with the help of exercise therapy, prevents the curvature of the spinal column, helps correctly and evenly distribute the load on the vertebrae and, accordingly, significantly slow the aging and wear of the cartilaginous and bone tissues.
During the physical activity in the tissues of the body, blood circulation is activated. The lumen of the blood vessels expands, and the blood flow accelerates. Medicinal substances that are in the blood and enter it with injections, tablets, ointments, etc., penetrate the spine and its structures at higher concentrations than in the absence of physical exertion.
Exercises exercise and exercise in osteochondrosis is strictly prohibited in the acute period of the disease, when pronounced pain in the spine.
Also gymnastics for osteochondrosis is contraindicated in cases when this disease is accompanied by the following conditions:
- neoplasm in the tissues of the spine( benign or malignant);
- compression of the spinal cord;
- critical instability of vertebrae;
- presence of a hematoma or abscess in the spine or adjacent tissues.
When exercising exercise therapy for osteochondrosis, you need to carefully monitor your health, since this, although a subjective factor, is the only indicator of the effectiveness and harmlessness of exercises.
A slight increase in pain during exercise is the norm, but pain should not be greater than you usually feel when walking, sitting, or doing simple household chores. Any discomfort or severe pain during the performance of a certain exercise with osteochondrosis is a sign that warns that this exercise should be excluded from the complex.
But it can be used as a kind of test, and return to this exercise after a while, when the back muscles become stronger. A "painful" exercise will perfectly demonstrate the progress in the treatment or its absence. But if even after a few months of exercising exercise exercise causes pain, you should change the tactics of classes, since a specific complex of exercise therapy does not perform its functions to strengthen the muscles of the back.
exercises with osteochondrosis have their contraindications
People with osteochondrosis, which is combined with excessive vertebral mobility, all exercises prescribed by a doctor for osteochondrosis should be done in a special corset that fixes the spine in a physiologically correct position and does not allow vertebrae to shift relative to each other.
Recommendations for the implementation of exercises
The correct selection of exercises for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis and regular exercise are only half the success in treatment. The code of simple rules observed when performing a complex of therapeutic physical training is the main condition under which the effect of exercise therapy will not be long:
- before performing the exercises, it is necessary to warm up the back muscles. It can be smooth( not twisting!) Turns and / or slopes of the body, rubbing your back with a dry soft towel or a short massage;
- during the lessons you can not make sudden movements: every exercise is carried out smoothly, slowly;
- exercise complex for back exercises in osteochondrosis is not a "mood" exercise, which can be performed for 2 days, and then for a week to be abandoned. Only daily exercises of exercise therapy can give a positive result.
We recommend: a free course of exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis without surgery and medications!
Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis
The following exercises for back with osteochondrosis with equal efficiency will help to prevent this disease, and also to become the optimal method of its auxiliary treatment.
1. I.p.sitting on a chair, back straight. Place your hands on your forehead and press down on your head. Simultaneously, "push" the palm of your head with resistance. Repeat 5-7 times. Do the same exercise, placing your hands on the back of the head and on the temples.2. Ip.standing, legs shoulder-width apart. Turn your head to the left, trying to reach the left shoulder as much as possible. Stop at the extreme point and stand in this position for 7-10 seconds. Slowly return to the starting position, then repeat movement to the right shoulder. The number of repetitions in each direction is 2-3 times.
3. I.p.standing, legs shoulder-width apart. Slightly bending your knees, place your hands on your hips, placing your emphasis on them. Hands bent at the elbows. Bend your head so that you stretch your chin toward your chest, spreading your elbows around and rounding your back. Remain in this position for 10 seconds, then return to the starting position. This exercise should be done slowly, tilt your head until you feel a sense of tension in the spine. The number of repetitions is 5-7 times.
4.I.on the floor, the emphasis on the knees and palms, the head is lowered. Slowly lift your head, stretch your chin up and, pulling your shoulder blades together, cave in the lower back. At the end point, stop, for 10 seconds delayed in this position. Return to the starting position, rest a few seconds and repeat the exercise. The number of repetitions is 5-7 times.
5.I.standing, feet are located on the width of the shoulders. Watch for an even position of the back, do not slouch. Take turns lifting each shoulder as high as possible, as if trying to reach out to the ear with your shoulder. Do not tilt your head, "helping" the shoulder to reduce the distance. Do 5 exercises for each shoulder.
6.I.On the floor, leaning on the palms and knees. Keep your back straight, parallel to the floor. Crossing the arms to the left, move the body towards the waist. Hips and pelvis should remain immobile. Return to the starting position and repeat the "steps" with your hands to the right. Repeat 2-3 times in each direction.7.I.lying on the floor, on his stomach. Straining the muscles of the buttocks and waist, try to maximally lift the shoulders and the upper part of the body above the floor. At the upper point, hold for 3-4 seconds, then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise 3 times.
8. Ip.lying on the floor, on his stomach. Make an emphasis on the palm of your hand( similar to the position you take when pushing away from the floor), slowly straightening your arms in your elbows and leaning on your hands, lift the case. Make sure that the pelvis and hips remain pressed to the floor. At the upper point, hold for 10 seconds, slowly return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 5 times.
9. Ip.lying on the floor, on the back, legs bent at the knees, pressed against each other. Slowly bend your knees to the side so that they are placed on the floor. Keep your back pressed to the floor. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times, tilting your knees to the right and left.
Important: Exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis can vary significantly depending on the localization of osteochondrosis( cervical, thoracic, lumbar), as well as the severity of the disease. These exercises are common for preventive and curative purposes, and self-employment exercise therapy with the application of the above complex needs to be agreed with the attending physician.
The use of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis
LFK in osteochondrosis is one of the main methods of treatment of the human musculoskeletal system.
Osteochondrosis is a common disease. It affects the cartilaginous tissue of the discs, as a result it hardens, becomes smaller in size and loses damping properties.
There are several types of osteochondrosis:
- the lumbar.
The most common lumbar osteochondrosis.
There are many reasons for the development of osteochondrosis: from a hereditary predisposition to the curvature of posture, a sedentary way of life, regular lifting of weights.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
One of the most common methods of treatment of the disease is exercise therapy. A complex of exercises LFK appoints a doctor. Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis has many advantages. During training strengthens the muscular corset and removes some load from the spinal column. The circulation of the intervertebral space improves noticeably, the flexibility of the ligamentous apparatus develops, and the space between the vertebrae increases.
The choice of the training complex depends on many factors. For example, the degree of lesions of the vertebrae, the localization of pathology, the degree of complications, possible concomitant diseases and other factors of the development of the disease.
The result will be achieved only if exercise exercises with osteoporosis perform regularly and follow all the instructions of specialists. To be engaged in physical therapy at an osteochondrosis it is possible and at home, and examples of exercises to find in abstracts and grants on this subject.
Therapeutic physical training with a common osteochondrosis.
In cases where several parts of the spine are affected at once, the LFC complex combines several types of exercises. However, with such systemic lesions, doctors do not recommend themselves to physiotherapy exercises, the risk of harming their health is very high. And during each lesson, listen very carefully to the body, how it reacts to this or that physical strain. With any difficulty in performing or the slightest painful sensations, the exercise should be changed to a simpler one.
Complex exercise exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
The main task of this complex LFK - to develop intervertebral joints SHOP.
Below are examples of exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
All exercises are performed using a chair and with a straight back and neck. From the patient it is required to regularly tilt the head to the right and to the left, then forward and backward. Perform the rotation of the head. Tilt your head, giving her resistance with your hands. Applying the left hand to the left temple slightly to prevent the inclination of the head to the left side, and then vice versa.
It should be remembered that any exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis should not be done independently without consulting a specialist. If this is not possible, you can use the help of a training video to look into the medical essay.
The main thing is not to harm the body even more than it is now. An incorrect approach can greatly aggravate an already unhappy situation.
When doing physical exercises, you need every day, doing exercises for about 20 minutes. If the exercises cause pain, the load needs to be reduced or stopped altogether.
Examples of exercises with high effectiveness of the action of
If the osteochondrosis of an SCC is accompanied by severe headaches, the following exercises will help alleviate suffering.
You need to sit on a chair, tilt your head forward and hold your hands with a massage of the muscles of the occipital region. Then the head should be thrown back, allowing to relax the whole body. Such manipulations need to be done about 6 times.
Continuing to sit on a chair with a flat back and neck, the head should be tilted to the right. Then massage the area between the spine and the scapula. Align the back and relax the muscles. Then all the same to repeat, but already manipulation to lead with the left half of the body. Exercise should be repeated at least 4 times. At the first exercise, you may feel slight discomfort. These are normal sensations, they should not be frightened. However, if there is obvious pain in the neck or back from performing manipulations, you need to give up.
Thoracic osteochondrosis and exercise complex LFK
The main reason for assigning a set of exercises for chest osteochondrosis, strengthening the muscles of the back, and also in order to relieve spasms, normalize the blood supply in the intervertebral discs.
The following exercises are the most effective for this type of disease.
I need to lie on the bed. With strength, strain the muscles of the legs, shoulder girdle and abdominal press. After 5-10 seconds, relax the body. Such movements must be performed before the first feeling of slight fatigue. Do not overstrain the body, and with the slightest pain, stop the exercise.
Take the starting position by lying on the bed, bending your knees. Further, lifting the trunk in a bent position, touch the tip of the nose to the knee. Return to the original position. Repeat all actions, but already touch the nose to another knee. Exercise should be done several times and avoid sudden movements. If it's difficult to keep your legs bent, you can help them with your hands.
In addition to individual exercises, there is a whole complex aimed at fighting breast osteochondrosis.
You have to stand up straight and grasp the wrist of the other hand with your hand. Legs should be placed shoulder width apart. Then alternately gently tilt the body in one direction and the other. Exercise should be repeated several times.
For the second exercise, you need a chair. Holding hands on his back, you need to perform several sit-ups. All movements must be smooth. Such squats should be done every day at least 20 times.
And one more exercise with a chair. His back should be strong. You need to sit on a chair, put your hands on the back of your neck and bend back, then return to the starting position. Manipulation should be repeated about 12 times. If the back of the chair is too hard on it, you can put something soft, such as a towel.
One should not forget that all movements should not be sharp, but with strong pain sensations they do not need to be performed.
LFK with lumbar osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercise in the lumbar spine osteochondrosis helps to normalize the tone in the muscles of the back, increases the mobility of the spine and creates a natural stabilizer of the muscular corset. Classes should start with simple exercises, gradually moving to more complex ones. The complex of the selected exercises depends on the type of disease, its complexity and the patient's age.
During exacerbation of osteochondrosis, exercises should be performed during the period of pain disappearance. LFK is used in conjunction with other methods of treatment. At the initial stage, the load should be minimal, as well as the movements of the body during the exercise. All movements are performed lying on either side or abdomen. And the complexity of the exercises increases gradually, all movements are slow and immediately stop when the pain resumes. Between manipulations, it is necessary to relax all muscles.
At the time of recovery, all activities are aimed at strengthening the muscular corset and the muscles of the legs and hands. The load gradually increases. In some cases, doctors recommend that after exercising exercise they wear a corset, and eventually you can do without it.
Several effective exercises are given below.
You have to get down on your knees and lean on your hands. Take a breath, during which raise your head. Then, bend the lower back down. Exhaling, take the original position.
Staying in the same position, inhale, raising your head, and one leg in the meantime pull back. Exhaling, return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
The most correct decision for any kind of osteochondrosis is to go to an appointment with a vertebrologist.
He will select a set of exercises, taking into account the individual characteristics of the body, the severity of the disease and will give all the necessary recommendations.
It is necessary to know and remember that any exercises of exercise therapy should be prescribed by a doctor. There are many therapeutic exercises, but they are all designed for different situations, physical and physiological characteristics and can not be suitable for all patients. The stronger the severity of the disease, the fewer general recommendations for its treatment. The basic complex of exercises is good only on the initial development of osteochondrosis.
LFK with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis can be called a plague of the 21st century with certainty, since this illness spreads with lightning speed, and is rapidly growing younger. It's all the fault of the sedentary lifestyle that many people lead in the modern world. Osteochondrosis is severely treated. In order to get rid of this annoying disease, you should immediately contact your doctor. Only a competent specialist can make a correct and comprehensive treatment. So LFK with osteochondrosis is also used, because this addition to conservative therapy is effective and quite relevant.
Osteochondrosis is a degenerative disease that causes jamming of the nerve roots and inflammation of the intervertebral disc. Subsequently, as the disease progresses, a person has a number of unpleasant symptoms that can disrupt any person.
The disease is treated for many months and even years, depending on the stage of the disease. Moreover, in the absence of treatment, a person risks becoming disabled, and in the rather soon future. This disease affects the space between the vertebrae, thinning it. In view of this, the vertebrae seem to crawl over each other, causing pinching. Only an integrated approach and long-term therapy can reduce the consequences of osteochondrosis and completely rid the person of it.
There are three types of this disease: cervical, thoracic and lumbar. The most common variety is lumbar osteochondrosis, because, according to some sources, about 78% of all patients suffer from it.
Cervical osteochondrosis has a more severe symptomatology. For his treatment, hospitalization may be required. In general, this ailment threatens not only disability, but also other consequences. For example, the formation of an intervertebral hernia. This consequence can be eliminated exclusively surgically, therefore it is not necessary to lead up to the formation of a hernia.
Methods of treatment
To cure a person from bothersome back disease, a multifaceted treatment should be prescribed. To cope with this task is able only competent neuropathologist. If necessary, he can slightly change the therapy, introducing new drugs or making a replacement. Either way, treatment is never just a matter of medicine. There are other methods that can be relevant in the treatment:
- LFK in cervical osteochondrosis, in fact, as with other types of this disease is actively used. This is due to the relevance and effectiveness of this method. It is worth noting that before the beginning of physical therapy, it is necessary to learn about the correct set of exercises from the attending physician and the physician. This is especially important in cervical osteochondrosis, because not properly selected complex threatens with serious consequences.
- Physiotherapy. In a tandem with a physical therapy gym, a person can undergo a course of physiotherapy. This technique includes several methods, each of which is unique and is used to treat a number of diseases. Note that physiotherapy has contraindications and side effects. The patient must inevitably consult a physiotherapist before going to the first procedure. The expert will ask about important points, for example, whether there is an allergy to anything, etc.
- Massage. Any back disease recedes if the patient is given a regular and regular massage. The fact is that the diseases of the spinal column, in all cases, suggest a violation of blood supply. A person can be rid of this and improve microcirculation is capable of massage. Of course, one should not resort to the help of unskilled specialists in this matter.
Let's consider more in detail physical therapy, because it is available to everyone. Exercises can be performed even at home and, at the same time, no equipment or medication is needed. It is necessary only to have patience and time. Patience is necessary for pain, which inevitably appears to some extent in the performance of exercises.
Complex of health-improving therapeutic physical training and gymnastics for osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is an actual medical problem of our time. This pathology is known to most of the world's population. But, unfortunately, even such a high level of enlightenment of people about this problem does not greatly reduce the incidence of it.
For the purpose of proper treatment, it is necessary at least briefly to understand the essence of this pathology. Therefore, we offer you a brief information about osteochondrosis.
Brief information about the disease
And so, osteochondrosis is a noninfectious disease of the intervertebral discs, which leads to degenerative-dystrophic changes in the cartilaginous tissue and its subsequent involution. The causes of the disease can be various factors, but more often the onset of the disease is provoked by systemic diseases, injuries, excessive physical activity and stressful lifestyle.
Osteochondrosis itself is practically not manifested clinically, complications are done for it. Most often against the backdrop of progressive pathology, infringement of spinal roots - radiculitis develops. It is at this stage that patients begin to realize that something is wrong and turn to professional help.
Qualified experienced doctors can diagnose quickly and without problems, using only an anamnesis and some additional methods of research, including radiography. Based on the diagnosis you can start targeted treatment.
It should be understood that the treatment of osteochondrosis should be complex. That is, it is necessary to simultaneously carry out etiological, symptomatic and rehabilitation treatment.
Etiological therapy consists in eliminating the root cause of the emerging pathology - coping with autoimmune disease, eliminating hernia, anti-infective therapy. Symptomatic treatment in most cases is aimed at eliminating the pain syndrome. This can be achieved using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that relieve the inflammation of the nerve, and, consequently, eliminate pain.
The last but not the least important stage of therapy is rehabilitation. Let's look at this stage in more detail.
The use of exercise therapy
Therapeutic exercise in osteochondrosis is an integral part of complex therapy, but why? The answer lies in the pathogenesis of the disease. After all, during dystrophic changes, the cartilaginous tissue changes its physicochemical properties, it becomes thinner, deforms, in a word - it is unable to perform the physiological function that is built on it.
Due to deformation and displacement of the vertebrae, the very posture of a person also changes. Scoliosis, pathological lordosis and kyphosis often occur. This is not very pleasant, because such changes are clearly evident. Treatment of osteochondrosis with gymnastics promotes the return of a beautiful aesthetic posture, and greatly improves well-being.
Rules for the implementation of
It is important to understand that it is not necessary to invent exercises on your own, it is necessary to use the instructions of the attending physician. It is also impossible to ignore the fact that gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the spine requires increasing loads.
The first exercises should be light, short and not very intense. In the course of regular exercises, the load should increase, which will lead to strengthening of the back muscles and the alignment of the spinal column.
Exercises depend on the location of the lesion, and are divided into cervical, thoracic, lumbar. Let's look at a few examples.
Complex of exercises for cervical pathology.
- Exercise for cervical osteochondrosis number 1:
Standing position, feet shoulder width apart, back to the maximum level. Slowly, without making sudden movements, tilt your head to the sides in turn. Each inclination of the head should last no longer than 10 seconds, 10 repetitions in each direction. After that, there are 5 more slopes to each side, but now you need to create resistance to the inclination of the head, using a free hand as an obstacle.
- Exercise for cervical osteochondrosis number 2:
Standing position, feet shoulder width apart, the back should be leveled as much as possible, shoulders should be level. Carry out turns of the head to the sides, while trying to reach the shoulder with his chin. The number of repetitions is 10-15 in each direction.
- Exercise for cervical osteochondrosis №3:
Position of the body - lying on the stomach. It is best to sit on the floor with softening( for example, by laying a blanket on the floor).
Complex of exercises for chest pathology.
- Exercise for chest osteochondrosis №1:
Sit on a hard surface, hands folded over the head so that the palms wrap around part of the neck and head. The legs should be half-bent and fixed on the floor. After this, slow movements are performed torso left-right so that a right angle is formed.
- Exercise for chest osteochondrosis №2:
Position of the body - lying on the stomach. It is best to conduct on a hard surface with a slight softening( for example, a blanket on the floor).Dumbbells weighing 1kg are taken into the hands, and perpendicular to the body. Legs need to be slightly diluted in the sides. With gentle slow movements, raise your arms up, trying to pull your back muscles.
Physical training in the pathology of the lumbar spine.
- Exercise for lumbar osteochondrosis number 1:
Become on all fours, while trying to keep your back straight. Slow movements tilt the torso to the sides. In the role of the counterweight, pull the arm in the opposite direction to balance the position. In each direction it is necessary to hold not a mania of 15-20 inclinations.
- Exercise for lumbar osteochondrosis number 2:
Position - standing, legs as close as possible, place your back evenly, arms at the seams. Gently tilt the torso forward as low as possible. At the maximum deviation point, try to hold out longer than before, then return to the starting position. Similarly, make the slopes back, to the left and to the right. It is enough 4-5 repetitions in each side.
- Exercise for lumbar osteochondrosis №3:
Position lying on the back, hands behind the head. Do a load on the press, trying to reach out to the knee of the opposite side with your elbows. This exercise can be hard for newcomers, but regular attempts to perform it lead to a positive result. The number of repetitions is 10-20 depending on the state of health.
Above were listed only a few options for exercise therapy for osteochondrosis, because for every individual you need to select only individual exercises and their intensity.
The importance of physical activity
It's not a secret for anyone that our health is directly dependent on ourselves. It has a healthy effect on the entire body, it prevents many diseases. Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis is aimed at strengthening the muscular framework, which will align the curved spine.
Medical gymnastics for osteochondrosis requires some responsibility for the patient. After all, there will be no result if you engage, for example, 3 times a week. Classes should be regular and daily. But there are contraindications to the exercises.
Therapeutic gymnastics in case of osteochondrosis is strictly contraindicated in cases of exacerbation of the disease, severe condition of the patient, shock conditions, increased body temperature, strong pain sensations, organ failure. During exercise therapy it is necessary to monitor the vital signs and condition of the patient all the time, in case of severe deterioration of health, it is necessary to transfer the patient to bed rest and exclude physical activity.
LFK is not the only way of physical rehabilitation. With this pathology, other methods of recovery are often used - therapeutic massage, physiotherapy. For the prevention of this disease, it is recommended to limit yourself as much as possible from stressful situations, heavy physical work, and regularly conduct morning preventive gymnastics. The abovementioned preventive recommendations can be used not only as a method of prevention of osteochondrosis, but also as a way to prevent many other pathologies.
LFK for osteochondrosis: TOP exercises
LFK exercises are combined with medical treatment and are an important part of the treatment complex for osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine. Also, a complex of training can be used for prevention.
With proper application of exercise therapy, the following positive changes can be noted. For example:
- Strengthens the muscular corset.
- Reduced tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
- Compression of intervertebral discs and strangulated nerve endings is reduced.
- Inflow of blood into the affected area is normalized.
- Improves the work of internal organs.
- Also the complex of trainings promotes the prevention of other diseases of the spine.
- Decreased intake of medication.
Therapeutic physical training can be different in the scope of the performed movements, by the type of technique, it can depend on the stage of the development of the disease and the affected spine( cervical, lumbar or thoracic).It can also include both strength exercises for osteochondrosis, and exercises that require minimal effort.
But the basic principles of the exercises are similar. So:
- Treatment sessions should be conducted in a well-lit, clean, ventilated room.
- Take a shower or bath before exercising. Clothes should be made from natural fabrics, clean, and do not constrain movements.
- You should not be distracted from the exercises - no loud sounds, no flashes of light, or anything else.
- Do not move sharply, smoothly, without jerking and jumping.
- Before starting the exercise program for osteoporosis, make sure that your pulse is in the normal state, measure the pressure. You also need to do some breathing exercises. Repeat the same after measuring the pressure.
- Increase gradually the exercise load during exercise. If the strength exercises with osteochondrosis cause acute pain in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar region during the exercise, stop the exercises.
- All the exercises do on inhalation, in the starting position, go back on exhalation.
- Before performing a complex of exercises of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis, consult your doctor. Also, the complex should be selected with the help of a specialist.
- Training should be permanent, not single.
General physical training
- Hanging on the crossbar. Exercise allows you to regulate the work of the spine with the help of its extension due to the person's own weight. This type of exercise helps to increase the distance between the vertebrae. But not all patients can perform the exercise.
- An alternative to hovering on the crossbar can be walking on all fours. To perform the exercise you need to get on all fours, bend your back and waist and walk like a cat. Osteochondrosis occurs only in humans, including because of walking on two legs. Animals do not have such diseases.
- Get to the starting position and make the deflections in the back, like the way you stretch in bed after sleeping. Go down on your knees and put your hands on the floor. Adjust your breathing. Bend your back and then straighten up.
- Lie down on the floor, clasp your knees bent at the feet with both hands and pull your legs to your stomach. Straighten up.
- Sit on a chair with a firm back. Put your hands in the seat. Raise the left leg, then the right leg up, while bending it in the knee and hip joint.
Exercises can be performed up to 10 times.
- If the osteochondrosis in the cervical region is already at a certain stage, it is necessary to begin the performance of a certain physical culture technique. Remove tension and pain in the neck area will help the following exercises:
- Lie on your side and slightly raise your head. Count to five and lower it. If possible, perform the exercise up to 6 times.
- Lie on your stomach and weave your fingers in the back of your head. After that, try to raise your head as much as possible, and at the same time, lower it down, pressing with your hands.
- Lie on your back and place a hard pillow under your head. Begin rhythmically pressing the pillow head. In total there should be 5-6 such calls.
- Sit on a chair, lower your arms along the trunk and turn your head, as far as possible to the right, and then to the left. You need to make 5-10 such turns in each direction.
- Sit on a chair and relax your arms along the trunk. Try to press your chin as tightly as possible to your chest. Exercise should be repeated up to 10 times.
- Place the palm on the forehead. Tilt your head forward and at the same time try to overcome the resistance of the hand.
- A similar exercise can be done by placing the palm on the temporal area on the right, and then on the left.
Exercises in breast osteochondrosis and osteochondrosis in
loin in this area back there is a large number of different muscles. Therefore, therapeutic techniques and exercises for chest osteochondrosis and lumbar provide for greater loads than when training in case of pain in the cervical region.
- Sit on a chair with a firm and high back. Weave the fingers of both hands on the back of the head. Make the deflections of the spine so that the spine is pressed against the upper edge of the back. With this position, bend back and lean forward.
- Lie on your back on a hard floor. Under the back, put the middle roller( diameter about 10-12 cm).Bend the spine so that the back in the thoracic area rises above the platen.
- Lie on your back, hands pull parallel to the trunk. Also put the legs parallel to each other. In this position, try to lift the upper part of the trunk.
- Get on your knees, pull out your hands and head and put them on some support. In this position, slowly begin to bend your back first upwards, and then down.
- Lie on your stomach and spread your arms and legs slightly. Try to lift first the left, and then the right leg.
- Get on your knees and put your hands on the floor. In this position, begin asymmetrically raising your left arm and right leg and vice versa.
exercises, helps to relieve spasms in breast osteochondrosis
This type of physical therapy is very important for patients with osteochondrosis at different stages, as the disease is accompanied by cramps and muscle tension. Exercises include alternate relaxation and muscle tension. When practicing this type of physical education, it is also possible to stretch tensed muscles, after which their relaxation begins.
Here are some of the most effective exercises in this regard.
- Lie on your back, straighten your spine, arms and legs. On the department in which the pain is localized, put your hand( this is necessary in order to fix the shoulder girdle).Place the palm of the other hand on the temple area and the back of the head, and at the same time grasp the neck area in which you feel pain. Elbow aside. With the help of elbow manipulation, you can strain and relax the muscles of the neck.
- Sit down, straighten your back and bend your neck slightly. At the same time raise your hands up. Bend your arms in the elbows and wrap them around your hands. When inhaling, raise your head up, and with your head your elbows. Ensure that the entire musculature of the shoulder girdle is involved in the exercise. After the exercise, take the starting position, lower your arms.
- Lie on the floor face up and place a middle pillow under your back. In this case, the head should hang freely from the edge of the pillow. Turn your head to the side opposite the painful area. In this position, look at the legs and try to raise your head. Hold the position for several seconds.
All of the above set of exercises for osteochondrosis should be done only under the prescription of the doctor and under his supervision. It is necessary to take into account the combination of drug therapy and training Otherwise, instead of recovering, you can achieve quite the opposite effect.
Therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis: exercises, video
LFK in osteochondrosis: an exercise complex
Gymnastics with osteochondrosis plays the main role, as it strengthens and tones the muscles of the back well. With weak muscles, the weight of the body "hangs" on one spine, flattening and deforming the disks. If the muscles of the back and waist are well strengthened, they seem to create an extra corset and take on a part of the body weight.
In addition, therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the spine helps to get rid of excess salts, because with exercise, bone and muscle tissue uses them to compensate physiological losses. And, at last, regular active movements, which is therapeutic gymnastics when salts are deposited, gradually "salt" the salt spikes, making them less acute and painful.
Medical gymnastics will be effective only if it is carried out regularly, every day for 10-15 minutes. Below is a universal set of exercises that will suit everyone:
- You need to start small, gradually complicating every movement - increasing the number of repetitions, strength and amplitude of slopes and turns.
- To enhance the effect of exercise, you can use a stick, holding it with your elbows behind your back.
- The first four exercises of the complex are preparatory and prepare the cardiovascular system for exercise;the last four, on the contrary, contribute to bringing the body into a calm state after training.
Universal gymnastics complex for osteochondrosis
- Raise your hands, stretch upwards( inhale), then lower down, returning to the initial position( exhalation).
- Grasp the support and climb from the heel to the toe.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart, hands on waist. Take your hands back, bringing your shoulder blades as far as possible( inhaling).Return the elbows first to the starting position, and then forward as far as you can( exhale).
- Walk in place, lifting your knees high.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Maximally reach up, raising your hands( inhaling), then lean forward( exhale).
- Hands are lowered along the trunk. Tilt alternately left and right, sliding them along the body.
- Be Straight. Turn around in different directions, your hands are relaxed and, as it were, overwhelm the body.
- Circular rotation to the right and to the left by the lower part of the trunk.
- Circular rotation of the hands alternately in different directions.
- Stand straight, hands on the waist, legs shoulder width apart. Take your right hand back, looking at it( breath), go back( exhale).Do the same on the other side.
- Standing straight or sitting on a chair, make the head incline alternately to the right, left, back and forth, then circular movements.
- Sit on a chair and slowly slide your feet on the floor forward and back alternately.
- Stand upright, reach up with your arms raised( inhale), drop down( exhale).
To the universal complex of gymnastics for osteochondrosis, you can add to your choice special additional exercises for the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine, as well as for large joints, the most prone to the deposition of salts - humeral, hip, and knee.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for the cervical spine:
- The starting position is lying on the abdomen, the head is turned to the side. Raise yourself up on your hands, throw your head back( inhale), go back( exhale).
- Tilt your head back, touching your back. Pull your shoulders vertically.
- Tilt your head forward, and, touching your chest, slide your chin up and down, simulating the movements of birds when cleaning feathers.
Therapeutic exercises for chest osteochondrosis
Exercises to help relieve the thoracic area:
- Sit on a chair, put your hands behind your head( inhale), bend back as far as possible, touching the shoulder blades of the chair( exhalation).
- Stand on all fours, bend your back, keep your head straight, stay in this position for a few seconds, then go back to the starting position.
- Exercise "The Boat".Lie on your stomach, hands along the body. Bend down "boat", tearing off the head and legs as high as possible from the floor.
Therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
Exercises for the lumbar spine:
- Lie on your back, press the knees bent at your knees as close as possible to the chest.
- Lying on your stomach, rest on the floor with your arms bent. Straightening your arms, squeeze from the floor without lifting your legs.
- Get on your knees, leaning with your hands on the floor. Maximize your back, then go back to the starting position.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart. Lean down, trying to reach the floor with your hands. Then straighten up, raise your hands over your head and bend as much as possible.
- Exercise "cat" perfectly removes tension from the back. Stand on all fours, leaning on your knees and palms. Hands and back should be straight, do not tilt your head, look forward. Tilt your head down and bend your back up with a cat-like arc, stay in this position for 10 seconds, then go back and relax.
- It is also useful to hang at every opportunity on the crossbar for 1-2 minutes.
Exercises for the shoulder joints
- Sit on a chair, put your hands on your waist and spread them apart. Slowly lift your shoulders up to the stop and gently lower them down, slightly pulling your head.
- Sit on a chair, press against the back, arms on the waist, elbows diluted. Smoothly move the shoulders back and forth.
- In the same starting position, alternate circular movements with shoulders.
- Sit on a chair and guide the back of the aching arm as much as possible, wrap it around the wrist and pull it to the side of the buttock until the pain appears. Stop in this position for 10 seconds and strain the sore arm. Then relax it and try to move a few more inches before the pain. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Get your hands behind your back and tie into the lock. Then pull in different directions, as if trying to break the lock. Alternately pull them to the right and left, without uncoupling.
- Become straight, folded behind the back of the castle, slowly pull your hands back and forth, trying to keep as far as possible, but without sharp pain. Thus the sick arm or hand remains passive.
Exercises for hip joints
- Lie on your side, bend your right foot in the knee and get the floor in front of you. Then do the same on the other side.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend the right leg, take it to the side and press it with your knee to the floor, as if crawling "in a plastic way".Then do the same on the left side.
- Lying on your stomach, place emphasis on bent hands. Then straighten your arms and sit on your heels.
- Sit on the floor in Turkish with crossed legs. Rock your torso forward and backward.
Therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis
- LFK for lumbar spine
Where to start?
Osteochondrosis of the spine is accompanied by a weakening of the muscles of the back and neck, destruction of the intervertebral discs, which leads to severe pain syndrome and restriction in movement.
The initial stage of treatment of the osteochondrosis of the spine is to remove the pain syndrome, improve blood circulation, start taking medications to restore cartilaginous tissue, undergo massages or apply non-traditional techniques. Then a new way of life is formed, the first place in which is occupied by physical culture. In this case, it is necessary to choose an individual complex of exercise therapy, the exercises of which will help to treat the cervical, thoracic, lumbar. Most often, doctors recommend using Dikul's technique.
Method of regular exercises
Printed editions of Valentine Dikul
Many patients have already experienced the technique of Dikul exercises. His technology is based on the restoration of the spine under the influence of regular physical exercises. They are carried out in part with the application of a certain force. Therefore, the main recommendation of doctors - to perform gymnastics Dikul under the supervision of an instructor or after an individual consultation with a doctor. The principle of Dikul's technique is based on the following stages:
- adaptive - general strengthening exercises for different parts of the spine;
- gradual complication with the methods of power load - stretching exercises, rapid muscle relaxation after the load;
- fixing stage - with the improvement of the state, continue to systematically exercise to maintain health and prevent complications.
In view of the fact that osteochondrosis affects different parts of the spine, exercises for the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine will have its own specifics.
Particular attention is paid to the affected part of the spine, the rest of the units are subject to strain for the purpose of prevention.
Dicule exercises for all types of osteochondrosis must meet the following requirements:
- Exercises should not be performed in the acute stage or in complication, especially if acutely painful.
- During the exercise, the patient should not experience pain.
- The complex should be built on the principle of alternation - tension, then relaxation of muscles.
- It is necessary to perform all the exercises, maintaining the correct posture, smoothly, without sudden movements.
Complex of exercises for morning gymnastics
Medical gymnastics starts with morning exercises. Exercise is best done after sleeping before breakfast starts. This increases muscle tone, removes the body from the state of inhibition, improves blood circulation. If the patient is restricted in movement, the classes are held in a room or room with obligatory ventilation. The rest of the patients go to the gym or courtyard.
Exercises for morning exercises are selected taking into account the age of the patient, the stage of the disease and the site of the disease of the spine.
Morning medical gymnastics for osteochondrosis takes 10-20 minutes. The complex usually includes 8-12 exercises for 3-8 approaches.
Lesson lasts approximately 30 minutes. Exercises are performed in two ways - individually or in a group. Depending on the complexity of the disease, different starting positions are selected:
- lying - for patients with motor disorders;
- sitting - the second stage of the complex for heavy patients;
- standing - used in the final stage of treatment or for less complex diseases.
Having learned how to correctly perform exercises and control the load on the spine, you can continue to do it yourself on a working day.
LFK for the cervical spine
This area should be very cautious in loading. Any wrong movement is fraught with damage to blood vessels or infringement of nerves.
Example of simple but effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises against cervical osteochondrosis:
Starting position standing
- perform slow smooth slopes of the head to the sides, holding in each side for 10 seconds, then strain muscles, resisting pressure from the shoulder and turnhead to the previous position, continue to perform the exercise in the opposite direction, 15 times each;
- similar exercise with head turns up / down;
- rotate the head to the sides, pulling the chin to the shoulder, hold 10 seconds, repeat 15 times;
Initial position sitting
- write chin in the air numbers from "0" to "9", you can perform in transport, at lunchtime at work, etc.;
Initial position of lying
- lie on the floor or a hard bed without a pillow, raise your head above the surface and hold in this position for about 10 seconds, rest 5 seconds, repeat 10 times;
- lying on its side raise its head parallel to the floor or the bed, lock in for 10 seconds, rest a couple of seconds, repeat 10 times and roll over to the other side, perform by analogy;
- in the position of lying to stretch the chin up to the ceiling. Fixation - 10 seconds, repeat 10 times.
LFK for the thoracic spine
The task of such exercises is to strengthen the muscles of the back and chest. This allows you to keep the spine in a normal position, breathing will be complete, as a result, the pressure on the vessels and nerve fibers is relaxed. After such exercises, edema is removed, tissue sensitivity is restored. Systematic application of exercise therapy will adjust the heart, will not disturb the pain in the heart, arrhythmia. Exercises against osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine:
- Lie on a flat and firm surface to lift the upper part of the trunk. Place a soft roller 10 cm in diameter under the shoulder blades. Repeat the exercise 4 times, start moving the roller along the spine and repeat the procedure.
- Sitting on a chair, to rest with an even back against the backrest and try to bend back strongly, then to incline forward. Buttocks do not tear off the chair. Run 5 times.
- In the position on the abdomen, stretch out your arms, move forward with the upper body. This is an exercise to strengthen the pectoral muscles. You can increase the effect. To do this, change the location of the hands: bring them behind the head and back, then they need to be pulled along the body.
- Sitting on a firm basis or standing, roll the bottom of the sternum with a towel, wind the ends forward. Deeply inhale and exhale. Exhaling firmly pull the towel down so that it tightly squeezes the lower portion of the chest. Make 5-9 times.
- Sitting on a chair, hands behind head, front to reduce elbows. Expand the body as much as possible left and right, repeat many times.
- From the position on all fours, exhaling, head down, arched back up, inhale to bend your back down and raise your head.
- Bend forward, sitting on the heels, touch the forehead with the floor. Extend arms forward, continuing the line of the spine, positioning along the head.
LFK for lumbar spine
The special complex of exercises of exercise therapy against lumbar osteochondrosis is based on several stages. Each following approach leads to increased load. If there is no way to proceed to the next stage, you should return to the first stage and start the complex anew. Each stage consists of exercises to reduce the muscles of the back and abdominal press, then there is relaxation and stretching. Stages ЛФК:
- Rock the press until you feel easy fatigue, on all fours raise your head, bending your back and vice versa. Repeat 3-5 times. Such exercises are better to perform as morning exercises.
- Lie down on the back with legs bent at the knees, lean on the feet and lift the pelvis, slowly lowering back. Repeat 4-5 times. Lie down on each side to press each hip to the stomach. Slowly, until it stops, repeat about five times.
- Sitting on a firm surface with a straight back, hands on the knees - torso tilt back until the press strains, then stay for a few seconds, return to the starting position. Repeat 6-7 times. Do several times a day to incline, so that the chest touches the legs. Repeat 6-7 times. Exercise carefully and under the supervision of an experienced coach.
- Sit on the bent legs, heels at the buttocks, and hold hands in the lock above the head, sit on the floor, leave the heels to the left, then to the right of the buttock. Repeat 10-15 times. Occupy position - on all fours. Alternately raise the opposite leg and arm. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times.
Such gymnastics for osteochondrosis can be safely used to prevent disease. To complicate the load, it is necessary in stages and only with the permission of the attending physician. Cure osteochondrosis without accompanying treatment is impossible. Therefore, exercise therapy is used as a strengthening therapy.