How to cure gout with folk remedies
Gout is not an easy disease, which, alas, is not always easy to treat. Therefore, in order to relieve yourself of joint pain in this disease, it is necessary not only to take medication and follow the recommendations of the attending physician, but also to adhere to the therapeutic diet for gout, and also to take on an equally effective treatment of gout with folk remedies.
In this article we will introduce you to the most simple and effective recipes for curing gout at home using decades of folk remedies for gout.
Quick navigation for article:
Recipe # 1: onion broth
# 2: treatment of gout with fat
# 3: treatment of gout with apples
# 4: treatment with activated carbon
# 5: therapeutic compress of fish
# 6: ointment for
№7: treated with iodine
№8: medicinal plants that help get rid of pain with gout
Folk prescription number 1: onion broth
Yes, an ordinary onion soup, but cooked in a special way, can help a lot withgouty pain. It should be prepared as follows.
Take two or three bulbs of medium size and, without removing peels from them, throw in one liter of water, and put the saucepan on medium heat. Bring the water to a boil, and then, stirring occasionally, cook until the bulbs completely boil.
After this, cool the resulting therapeutic "soup", and then strain it through a cheesecloth or sieve. The broth that you have left after this - a wonderful remedy for gout. Take it one glass three times a day before eating for 10-14 days, and then take a break.
During such a one and a half-two-week treatment course, joint pain should be significantly reduced. Such courses of treatment with onion broth can be repeated many times - in those cases when the pain returns.
Recipe # 2: treatment with fat
It turns out that lard is not only a favorite treat for many, but also a good folk remedy for joint pain with gout. Use this tool you need so. Take a small piece of fat( best bought in the village, but from the store, too, fit), and cut it into a few thin pieces so that such a slice of fat could be put on each finger of a sick arm or leg. And after that, start to rub these small pieces into the skin of each finger until the fat is significantly reduced in size. After that, the remainder of the fat should be discarded.
If you are not worried about episodic, but persistent strong pains with gout, you can use lard a little differently: just apply the cut pieces of fat to the aching joints on your hands or feet, and leave this "compress" for the whole night. To fix it on the surface of the skin, tightly wrap fat with a clean medical bandage. When using this method of folk treatment, you will see results in the very near future - perhaps, the very next morning.
In addition, to strengthen the effect of this method, during the first week of such treatment it is recommended to eat wheat porridge with the addition of oil. Such a therapeutic diet will help to better remove excess salts from the body. For the second week of such treatment you need to switch to any milk porridge.
Recipe # 3: treatment with apples
As is known, pains caused by gout occur due to deposits in the joints of excess urate salts( urates).But, fortunately, there is a very tasty and useful food and medical product that helps to remove from the body the data of excess salts, and these are ordinary apples!
To reduce pain in the joints, try to eat fresh apples( both in the usual form and in the form of juices) as much as possible. In addition, a very good effect with gout gives the reception of infusions and decoctions of apples. Here is the recipe of one of them.
Take a medium-sized saucepan and boil water in it. Then add there cut four or five fresh apples of medium size, and uncleaned. Leave the pan on the fire for 10 minutes, then remove it from the heat and leave in a warm place to infuse for four hours. After that, the tasty medicine is ready. Take the resulting decoction as a regular drink when you want to drink - for example, instead of tea or coffee - at least several times a day.
And if this method does not suit you for some reason, you can make it even easier. When you make your own tea, slice pieces of apples there, leave it for a while to infuse and then drink the resulting therapeutic tea whenever you want!
№4: treatment with activated carbon
Activated carbon is a medicine that is suitable not only for treating poisonings. From it you can prepare a healing paste, which will help get rid of joint pain with gout.
Prepare this paste as follows. Take a few packs of activated charcoal, and carefully rub its tablets with a pestle or in a coffee grinder to the state of a fine powder. As a result, it is necessary to ground about half a cup of coal. After that, add a little water and a tablespoon of flaxseed to it, and then properly move until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
Everything, the medicine is ready! To apply it it is necessary so: in the evening, before going to sleep, spread the diseased joints with this medicinal paste, trying to rub it into the skin. After that, tightly close the diseased joint with polyethylene, and on top warm it with a clean woolen scarf or scarf and leave it all for the whole night. You will feel the effect of treatment in the morning.
№5: therapeutic compress of fish
The fillet of any fish is an excellent folk remedy not only from the heel spur, but also from joint pains with gout.
Buy in the market two kilograms of any, you can cheapest, fish. Undress her at home, separating the ridge from the fillet, and throw out the bones. Divide the remaining fish fillets into ten approximately equal parts and freeze them in the freezer.
Every day for ten consecutive days, in the evening, before going to bed, get one such bag of fish from the freezer and thaw it. Cover the fish fillet with a foot in the area of the affected joint, and on top, to warm this area, put on socks( and if you treat your hands, then warm gloves or mittens).Leave such a fish compress for the whole night, and in the morning wash your feet and discard the fish.
Usually after 10 days of pain from gout pass.
№6: ointment for the treatment of gout
therapeutic ointment for the treatment of gout
To prepare the ointment, take the usual unsalted butter, preferably rustic, but from the store, too, will do. Put a deep frying pan on the fire and add oil there. When it melts and foam appears, it is necessary to carefully pour the alcohol into the pan in the same amount as the oil was added. Then, also very carefully, light the alcohol and wait until it completely burns out.
After that, gently collect the remaining after the burning from the frying pan - this is our healing ointment! Collect it in a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator until it is needed.
When gouty pains will make themselves felt, it's time to use the ointment. You need to do this as follows. Sit next to some source of heat - a colorimeter, stove, heater or just next to the central heating battery, take a small amount of ointment and start rubbing it into the skin in the area of the affected joint. Rub it in this way every day until the pain finally recedes.
№7: treated with iodine
Iodine solution can be used not only to disinfect wounds and bruises, but also as an effective folk remedy for pain with gout.
Method 1: iodine rubbing
Take 10 milliliters of a conventional iodine solution and add to them five tablets of acetylsalicylic acid or aspirin. After the aspirin has dissolved, the solution will become transparent.
It is this substance that will help to get rid of pains with gout. Lubricate them with aching joints at night, before going to bed, but do not forget to warm up the affected joints afterwards - put on warm socks or gloves, or wrap a sick hand or leg with a warm woolen shawl and leave it so for the night, and in the morning remove.
Method 2: iodine baths
There is another way to treat pain with gout at home. In the evenings, you can make iodine foot baths, and combine them with method 1.
To prepare such a bath, pour into a basin three liters of warm water, add to it three teaspoons of baking soda, then drip nine drops of iodine solution into the resulting solution.
Stir the water thoroughly. All the bath is ready, you can take water procedures!
Try to hold the sick legs in this bath for about a few minutes, and repeat this procedure every evening for 10 days, and the pain will recede.
# 8: Medicinal plants for pain with gout
It seems that nature itself took care of the joints with gout, creating plants that help cope with the pain in this disease. We give you a list of such medicinal plants and recipes for the preparation of medicines for the joints of them.
The tripartite sequence
With a gout, drink the infusion of the turn as a drink. For its preparation, brew the grass of the string with hot water( but not with boiling water!) In any concentration, to taste, so that the infusion acquires a golden color. To drink the broth of the turn you need in a hot kind.
chemist's daisy is good for gout
Prepare a decoction from the chemist's daisy, taking 100 grams of dry grass for ten liters of water. Add to this a decoction of two hundred grams of salt, and use the resulting liquid as therapeutic baths for patients with gout of the feet or hands.
You can also make therapeutic compresses from chamomile. To do this, take in equal amounts the flowers of black elderberry and chamomile grass, add hot water in a small volume and bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. In the resulting broth soak small pieces of clean tissue and apply as compresses to the skin over the diseased joints.
Prepare an infusion of horsetail, taking two teaspoons of dry herb for a glass of boiling water. How to wrap a container with infusion and leave to infuse for 2 hours, then strain. The received medicine should be taken one tablespoon five to six times a day. This medicine is effective not only for gout, but also for rheumatism.
tincture of swamp saber
For pains from gout, alcoholic tincture of the saber is good.
It is prepared as follows. Take 0.25 kg of dry root sabelnik, add it to 0.5 liters of vodka and put in a dark place to insist for a period of 21 days.
After the drug is ready, take it at 25 grams three times a day before eating. Take tincture in this mode is necessary for 2 or 3 months.
You can find out more about folk methods of treating joint diseases with the help of a swamp saber in this article.
Sage can also be used to prepare very useful medicinal baths to soar your feet. To make such medicinal baths, take a dry herb of sage at the rate of 100 g of grass for six liters of water.
Bring water to a boil and boil for ten minutes, then begin to cool to a comfortable body temperature. After the broth has cooled to a hot state, pour 5 liters of broth into the tub and pour the sick legs or hands in them. Steam them from half an hour to an hour.
When the water cools down, gradually add more hot decoction from the one that you left in reserve. Soar your feet in a warm room, avoiding drafts and cold air. After the procedure, warm your feet warmly with warm socks.
Procedures are best performed at night, before going to bed, and then repeating them every day for one to two months.
How to treat gout with legs: advice of doctors
The development of gout leads to an increased content of uric acid in the body. A typical manifestation of this disease is specific arthritis. In this case, mainly the joints of the lower extremities suffer - the first metatarsophalangeal, ankle, knee, articulations of the small bones of the foot. It's not for nothing that in translation from ancient Greek gout means a trap for feet.
Basic directions of
Effective treatment of gout on the legs involves not only the elimination of arthritis itself, but also the reasons that led to it. In this regard, it is important to fight hyperuricemia - an increased content of uric acid in the body. In the treatment of this pathology use:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs)
- Steroid hormones
- Drugs that inhibit the synthesis of uric acid
- Drugs that enhance its excretion from the body
- Recipes of traditional medicine.
Before treating gout with legs using medication, the patient should be provided with the appropriate protective regimen. Maximum limited, and sometimes completely exclude motor activity, and the very affected limb is brought to an elevated position. NSAIDs are effective for any arthritis, incl.and with gouty. However, not all drugs from this group can be used in this case. For example, Acetylsalicylic acid and its derivatives increase the content of uric acid in the body. Therefore, salicylates are contraindicated in gout.
But indomethacin is quite suitable. This remedy is the drug of choice in the treatment of gout. Other means will be suitable - Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac. When starting to treat gout with NSAIDs, do not forget about their negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract, liver and blood clotting. Steroid hormones( Kenalog, Diprospan) show the maximum efficiency at their intraarticular introduction. Ingestion of these drugs is also accompanied by side effects.
But the most effective tool for exacerbation of gouty arthritis is Kolhitsin. After ingestion of Colchicine tablets, the inflammation in the joints immediately goes to a decline. True, this remedy is contraindicated in renal failure. And the latter, as is known, is a frequent complication of gout.We recommend reading: Drugs for the treatment of gout
Gout on the toes is manifested not only by arthritis, but also by tofus - subcutaneous deposits of uric acid salts. Causing inflammation of joint capsules and tendons, tofus complicate the flow of arthritis. With a decrease in the level of uric acid in the body tofusi decrease in size, and sometimes completely disappear. At the same time, the inflammation in the joints of the feet is stopped. To this end, use drugs that inhibit the synthesis of uric acid( Allopurinol) and promote its excretion in the urine( Etamid, Urodan, Sulfinpyrazon).After relieving the exacerbation the medication effect is fixed by physical procedures - UHF, electrophoresis, magnetotherapy.
As Hippocrates said, for the first time describing gout, - let your food be medicine and medicine - food. Curing gout on your feet with diet alone is hardly possible, since it is a chronic disease. However, some restrictions in the diet will help improve the patient's well-being.
First of all, you should give up alcohol, strong tea, coffee and fatty foods. There are some products, the use of which leads to the accumulation of uric acid. This meat, fish, liver, brains, peas, soybeans, beans, mushrooms, eggs, carrots, salad. These products should be limited as much as possible. Meat and fish dishes should be used in boiled form without spices and spices. The diet should contain fresh fruits and vegetables. It is important to comply with the optimal water regime. The amount of water drunk per day must be at least 2-2.5 liters. Preferred alkaline non-carbonated drink.
Treatment at home of gout is performed with the help of folk remedies in the form of compresses, lotions, ointments of own preparation and other external means. The simplest means for treating exacerbation of arthritis at home is to apply cold to the affected joint. The next day, on the contrary, they warm up. Do this with an alcohol compress. On the affected joint, apply a cloth moistened in alcohol or in a vodka, a piece of clean cloth. Napkin covered with polyethylene, and polyethylene - cotton. All this is fixed with a bandage or a dense woolen cloth.
Another effective tool is to mix butter with the same volume of powdered hop seeds. The mixture is heated in a water bath and rubed into the affected joints. You can also use as an infusion of infusions of elderberry and chamomile flowers. For its preparation, the flowers taken in equal amounts are poured with boiling water and infused for 2 hours. Then, the infusion is filtered and applied to the diseased joints. Showed also the baths of broth chamomile with the addition of sea salt crystals.
Removal of uric acid is facilitated by the ingestion of herbal infusions and decoctions, berries. The most useful berry for gout is strawberries, which can be eaten in kind. The reception of strawberries can be combined with the use of birch sap - 1 glass three times a day. Decoction of celery roots( 1 tablespoon in 2 cups of boiling water) is taken at 2 tbsp.spoon three times a day for 3 hours before meals. Traditional medicine for gout recommends tea from the sequence of the tripartite, which is drunk in hot form.
Unfortunately, folk remedies, as well as a diet with medicines for gout, do not always provide the desired result. Sometimes the accumulation of uric acid leads to irreversible changes in the joints of the lower extremities. In such situations, resort to surgery - plastic or joint prosthetics.
Treatment of gout with folk remedies: homemade recipes.
Traditional gout treatment helps to successfully remove gouty attacks.
Incorrect metabolism or its violation in the body can trigger a gout disease.
Gout occurs with excessive consumption of food rich in substances such as purines, resulting in poorly soluble salts of uric acid, the so-called urates, accumulating in the human body.
If uric acid is formed too much or the kidneys are not working properly due to its evacuation from the body, the crystals of the salt of uric acid collect in druses and settle in the joint cavity.
The presence of salts in the joints is an irritating factor, but their presence leads to the first bouts of the disease only with a combination of conditions for gout attacks, which include:
- excessive consumption of purine-containing foods and alcohol.
- prolonged fasting;
- joint injury;
- increased physical exertion, and, as a consequence, an even greater concentration of urate in the blood.
Under the influence of provoking factors connective tissues and the joint muscles become inflamed, there is a sharp pain - the so-called attack of gout.
The joints of the big toe are affected with the greatest frequency:
- The foot swells, increases in volume, the foot resembles a bear's paw.
- Reddening of the joint to a purple color is observed, its sensitivity sharply increases, the touch brings unbearable pain.
- Gout attacks last up to 4 days, then pass. Relapse occurs with a break of approximately one to eight months. Then the seizures are repeated more often, the pain turns into a chronic one.
- Joints gradually lose their mobility, the joints and cartilage of the joint are destroyed, salt salts of sodium are deposited in the cavities of the adjacent bones.
Urates in the form of crystals are deposited subcutaneously in various parts of the body, forming nodes filled with whitish mass - tofusi. The deposition of urate sodium provokes inflammatory processes in the knee and elbow joints - bursitis. The initiated process of gout flow leads to urolithiasis - the deposition of urate in the kidneys and inflammation of the kidneys - pyelonephritis.
Effective treatment of gout at home: folk recipes ^
Treatment of gout with home remedies: folk recipes.
To alleviate the suffering of patients, folk gout treatment has a fairly wide range of means. When treating gout with home remedies, external ointments, compresses and mashing are widely used. Treatment of gout at home is quite successful with prolonged and persistent use of folk remedies.
Treatment of hand gout
Treatment of gout on the hands with fresh fat:
- Unsalted fresh fat to cut into small plates according to the number of sick fingers on the hand.
- Each piece must be rubbed into the diseased joint until the plate is completely thin.
- The used fat is discarded. If the pain does not pass, then the pieces are bandaged to the joints for the night.
Treatment of gout with aloe vera juice:
- 50g of aloe leaf juice mixed with 150g of Indian onion tincture, add 100g of honey.
- Rub very painfully into the affected joint - you can get irritation of sensitive skin.
Treatment of knee arthritis
- 500 grams of iodized salt is poured with water until the coating is boiled until the liquid evaporates completely.
- In warm brine add 200g of Vaseline or melted chicken fat.
- The resulting ointment is applied to a cloth made of natural wool and compresses the knee joint for the night.
- For more effective treatment simultaneously take 200 ml in the morning and evening of decoction of linden flowers for the reception.
Treatment of gout on the legs
- Polkuska household soap to grate on a large grater, dissolve in 2 liters of water with a temperature of 40 degrees, fill up the salt in half the pack.
- To dissolve feet in solution for 30 minutes.
- Do not let the solution cool down by pouring warm water.
Treatment of foot gout
- 2kg of sea fish is separated from the spinal bone.
- Fish meat is divided into 10 portions, each part is packed in polyethylene and placed in a freezer.
- Each evening to unfreeze, apply in a plastic bag to the painful place on the foot, put on warm socks for the night.
- The next morning the fish should be discarded, feet washed and greased with any foot cream. Treatment for 10 days.
Treatment of gout with iodine
- 5 tablets of aspirin dissolved in 10 ml of iodine tincture.
- If you lose the color of the solution, you can smear the affected joints.
- The procedure is carried out overnight. Wearing warm gloves and socks is mandatory.
Treatment of gout with soda
- Baking soda( 3 teaspoons) and 9 drops of iodine tincture is poured with 3 liters of warm water - this is the composition of the foot bath. Take a bath for 15 minutes every night for 10 days.
- A mixture is made of baking soda, mustard powder and bee honey - each ingredient is a teaspoonful. On the previously melted joints, the mixture is applied overnight, covered with a plastic wrap and wrapped with a strengthening bandage. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Treatment of gout with apple bite
- Stir in a glass of clean water for 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with honey.
- Take three times a day for half an hour before meals.
- The course of treatment lasts a month. After a break of 20 days, the intake of apple cider vinegar and honey is repeated.
Treatment of gout with medicinal herbs
- Take a fresh teaspoon of nettle juice over a teaspoon during the day 3 times;
- 20g of cranberry leaf is brewed with a glass of boiling water. Take at least 4 servings per day.
- Herbal baths of medicinal herbs have an effective effect on the course of the disease: pour 500 g of medicine chamomile 5L boiling water, infuse for 2 hours. Pour into the bath water after percolation.
- One course of treatment from 3 procedures will help;others need from 20 to 40 - all depends on the severity of the course of the disease.
Treatment of gout with bees( apitherapy)
Home treatment for gout involves treatment with beekeeping products and apitherapy.
- A glass of dry dead bees pour a liter of vodka, keep in the dark for 2 weeks. Use infusion for rubbing the sick joints after percolation.
- Impregnated with bee infusion( see the recipe above), a linen cloth is applied to pre-greased joints with oil or grease, covered with cellophane and wrapped on top with a warm bandage.
Treatment of gout with Propolis
- 100g propolis pour 100 g of vegetable oil, warm in a water bath for half an hour, until the propolis dissolves completely. After cooling, use to rub the joints.
Prevention and helpful advice on how to relieve arthritic pain ^
The doctor usually prescribes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs( diclofenac, ibuprofen, movalis, etc.) to stop acute gout attacks. Nimesid will help to reduce pain. As for the treatment process in general, the treatment of gout with a diet gives good results in the first place;second, it is mandatory to take medications to remove purines from the body - purinol, allopurinol.
For gouty attacks, rest and rest should be given to the joints. Medicines prescribed by the doctor, the disease does not cure, only relieve inflammation and reduce pain, so you should follow the doctor's recommendations for taking medications to reduce the level of uric acid in the body. To reduce pain, you can apply an ice pack to the sore spot for 10 minutes.
When exacerbating the disease, it is important to observe a special diet, excluding from the diet: offal, fish of fatty varieties, canned meat, rich broths, red meat, smoked products, spicy sauces, legumes. From vegetables tomatoes, spinach, sorrel are contraindicated;under strict prohibition is alcohol in the form of beer, cognac, champagne, red wines. All patients with gout are recommended to unloading days. Fasting is prohibited.
It is recommended to drink more than usual pure water or alkaline mineral water, green tea. Products allowed for gout: bread and bakery products of yesterday's baking, milk and lactic products, cottage cheese, hard cheese, white poultry, fish of low-fat varieties, vegetables in any form( except salted and marinated), fruits, eggs( 1 pc inday), drinks( except aerated), not strong tea and coffee.
Preventing gout disease:
- It is necessary to monitor the quality and comfort of shoes;
- Eliminate possible injuries and joint damage;
- Monitor the level of uric acid in the blood;
- Observe the culture of nutrition;
- Do not allow the formation of excess weight.
Nutrition for gout on the legs involves the exclusion of beans, beans and soybeans, fat, mushrooms, spices( except vinegar and bay leaves) from the diet. Meat and fish should be consumed only in boiled or baked form not more than twice a week. The portion should correspond to the mass of the body at the rate of 1 kg of body weight - 1 gr.meat.
Mineral water is very useful, but its amount is determined by the doctor.
An effective diet for gout on the legs in combination with a rice-apple unloading day. For cooking porridge for a day to cook 75 gr.rice in 750 ml of milk. Eat three meals.250 gr.apples to cook or use during the day without sugar in the form of compote.
Prevention of gout should concern all relatives living with the patient, as it is difficult to change their lifestyle, while the rest of the family feeds on and continue to live.
Traditional methods of treatment
Apples in the treatment of the disease play an important role
Gout arises because of a sedentary lifestyle, overeating and alcohol abuse. The first thing that needs to be changed in your way of life is nutrition, besides adding physical exercises, because it is impossible to get rid of gout without normalizing the metabolism.
Non-traditional methods of treatment of the disease include folk recipes and procedures with radioactive substances. The latter include the inhalation of radium emanation, the adoption of radon baths. An excellent effect is provided by hydrogen sulphide baths.
Folk remedies greatly facilitate the condition and successfully relieve pain. These methods are tested by generations.
Treatment of gout with folk methods has several directions.
Treatment with folk remedies, relieving excess uric acid
- 20 gr. Leaf cranberries brew in a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 30 minutes. Take several times a day on a tablespoon.
- Drink 3 times a day for a teaspoon of nettle juice.
- 2 tbsp.l. Shredded leaves of birch in 500 ml of boiling water, after 10 minutes of boiling give 30 minutes to infuse. Strain and drink 3 times a day with meals for ¼ cup.
- 3 tsp.snoti ordinary insist two hours in 500 ml of boiling water, drain. Drink before meals 4 times a day for half a glass.
- 1 tbsp.l.mixture of chamomile flowers and lime blossom in a ratio of 1: 1, pour in 500 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 35 minutes. Strain and drink four times during the day( half a glass).
- Spruce or pine buds together with the crown cut with a knife and dried outdoors. Pour into a glass of boiling water 25 gr.needles, boil for 20 minutes. Add to the broth apple cider vinegar and sugar( to taste).Take twice a day for half a glass.
- Eating eggplant as often as possible.
- Drink in the morning tincture of garlic with lemon.
- Include in the diet of apples 50 minutes before meals or 2.5 hours after meals.
- It is advisable to change treatment every 4 weeks: four weeks to drink infusion of cranberry leaves, the next four weeks - nettle juice, then - infusion of birch leaves.
Removing an attack of gout
Apitherapy is effective in relieving an attack of illness
- Soar your legs before going to bed, then lubricate the joints with ointment "Butadion", fixing the compress with cellophane.
- Pour red fly agaric vodka in a ratio of 1: 5, let it brew for 5 days, drain. To apply for grinding.
- Pour a liter of vodka a glass of dried bees, let it brew for 12 days in a dark place, drain. To apply for grinding.
- To remove joint pain, onion soup will help. For this, 2-3 washed bulbs pour 1 liter of water and cook together with the husks until completely softened. Drink a glass of broth three times a day before eating. The course of treatment is 10-15 days.
- One of the oldest ways to get rid of pain with gout is the effect of bee stings( apitherapy).And today there are specialists who practice the treatment of many diseases in this way.
Very effective treatment of gout at home with the help of herbal baths
- 200 gr. Pour the leaves of sage into 1.5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for two hours. Strain and add to the bath with a water temperature of 33 degrees, gradually reducing it to 27 degrees.
- Gout on the leg will decrease if you keep your feet in a decoction of oat straw, which was cooked for half an hour, for 30 minutes.
- You can soar your feet in such a solution: in 2 liters of water with a temperature of about 40 degrees dissolve half a pack of salt and half a piece of laundry soap( you need to grate it for this).The procedure should last about half an hour. It is necessary to pour boiling water as the solution cools.
- 300 gr.stems and flowers of pharmacy chamomile pour in 5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for 2 hours. Strain and add to the bath.
The course of bath treatment depends on many factors: one will need 4-5 procedures, another - 30-40.After every 20 procedures, a 20-day break is required.
And several more treatments for
- There are a lot of positive reviews about the treatment of gout with iodine. For this, in 10 ml of iodine tincture dissolve 5 tablets of aspirin. In this case, the solution should become colorless. Sick places at night lubricate and put on warm gloves( socks).Or 3 tsp.soda and 9 drops of iodine solution add to three liters of water. With this solution, take warm foot baths.
- Treatment is quite effective, based on the contrast of temperatures. For the procedure, take two vessels. In one it is necessary to pour as cold water as possible. In another place the cereal grains and pour boiling water, wait until the grains are broken up, and the temperature drops to a level at which it will be possible to hold a hand in this mixture. Now you need to lower your hand for 3-5 seconds in cold water, and then immediately into the hot mixture. It is desirable to grind the grain with your hands. After the procedure, bind a hand with a woolen scarf or handkerchief. The treatment is quite long: 2-3 months.
Rubbing honey in the joints helps in the fight against the disease
- Another excellent remedy for gout is honey. It must be rubbed into the joints, as it helps the formation of intraarticular lubrication, which increases the excretion of uric acid. To do this, warm up the joint with a heating pad, then rub honey into it for 15 minutes. After that, put a napkin covered with honey, cover with cellophane and fasten the compress with a warm cloth. After 3.5 hours, wash the joint with warm water. Scheme of treatment: the first four compresses - every day, the next 6 - every other day. Then take a break for two weeks and repeat the scheme.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout |ABC of health
Symptoms of a gouty attack
Acute arthritis begins with sharp pain in the area of the metatarsophalangeal joint( connecting the finger and the metatarsus) of the big toe with the following characteristics:
- started at night time
- the pain is unbearable and instantly aggravated with the slightest movementfoot, contact with a blanket, clothing
- Rapid pain increase within 2-6 hours
- arises joint swelling
- skin over joint reddert, then after a couple of days begins to peel
- , hyperthermia is noted up to 49 C and chills
The duration of the attack is 3-10 days, then the symptoms subsides and gradually the function of the affected joint is restored. BUT!The gout will necessarily remind you of itself repeatedly. Attacks will occur after a certain period of time, from a couple of months to several years, then the exacerbations will be noted more often and will last longer, hitting and deforming all new joints.
The chronic course of gout is characterized by a triad of symptoms:
- Defeat the joints until deformation and immobilization;
- Formation of tophi or dense painful nodules 0.1 mm - 3-4 cm on hands, bends of elbows, ear shells, feet, less often - in sclera, tongue, and scrotum;
- The defeat of internal organs - kidneys, blood vessels, heart.
What should I do if I have an acute attack of gouty arthritis?
Immobilization of the affected area:
- Immobilization of the diseased leg with fixation, providing an elevated position of the limb
- Eliminating contact of the diseased leg with the blanket, linen
Anesthesia and anti-inflammatory medication - oral medications
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( list from weak to strongest analgesics): Ibuprofen, Diclofenac sodium, Indomethacin, Movalis, Butadione, Ketazone, Nimesulide( a strong drug whose use should be strictly up toth e) See full list of NSAID pain injections and ointments in pain.
Alkaloid tropolonovogo series - herbal preparation Colchicine! Many patients mistakenly believe that Colchicine is able to cure gout and take it during the interictal period. Such actions are absolutely wrong and dangerous tactics. Admission Colchicine from the beginning of harbingers of the attack, throughout the attack and 3-4 days after the end of the acute phase.
Urikozuricheskie drugs are used for active excretion of uric acid - Azaprozon, Propro-Benefic, benzbroteron, Sulfinpyrazon.
Inhibitors of uric acid production - Allopurinol, Milurit.
Corticosteroids - with ineffectiveness of other short course therapy. Prednisolone internally or by intraarticular injection.
Application to the affected joint with Vishnevsky liniment, Dimexid
Strictly low-calorie diet
Liquid and semi-liquid food - vegetable broths, liquid porridges, one-component vegetable soups, purees. When gout worsens, treatment will not produce the desired effect if the patient does not observe a special diet, which should become not just a temporary restriction, but a way of life.
Abundant alkaline drink - mineral alkaline water( Truskavets waters, Essentuki 17, 4, Borjomi), lemon juice and lemon water, oats decoction.
Elimination of products rich in purines - fatty meat and fish, alcohol, offal, green peas, cauliflower, etc.
Therapy of gout with folk methods
Treatment with folk remedies should be started during the interictal period and continued for a long time in order to prevent exacerbation or at leastextend the period of well-being. Any of these methods should be agreed with your doctor!
Folk remedies - decoctions, infusions and plants for internal use.
- Alcohol tincture of oats. For its preparation, the oats are poured into a jar for 3/4 of the volume and filled with medical alcohol. The mixture is insisted for about 2 weeks in the dark and taken in diluted form: 15 drops of tincture of oats on a glass of warm water, 5 glasses during the day. The approximate course is 8-15 days.
- Water garlic-lemon tincture. For its preparation, enough 3 heads of garlic and 4 large lemons, previously peeled. Pass the ingredients through a meat grinder and pour 7 cups of boiling water. The mixture is aged for 24 hours and filtered. Infusion take 40 ml before meals once a day. This method of treatment is possible for life-long use, but you should take breaks for 15 days after a month of treatment.
- Onion broth. Three medium bulbs in unrefined form pour 1 liter of water and boil until softening vegetables. Take 100-150 ml on an empty stomach three times a day. The course of admission is 15 days.
- Infusions of plants - burdock, birch, physalis, cherry, autumn crocus, fennel, dandelion, ash. Raw materials from the above list( any) in the volume of 1 tbsp.pour 200 grams of boiling water and wait half an hour, filter. The resulting infusion is taken once a day before meals. Can be taken daily.
- Tea from celery seeds. This recipe is used in the acute period.1 tspseeds pour 300 grams of boiling water and stand for 10-15 minutes. It is recommended to take this tea 2-3 times a day in the period of exacerbation, and then - every day for 1 glass.
- Infusion of Canadian small-petrel is used to reduce the level of urate sodium in the body.20 grams of dried small-petaled flowers pour 1 liter of boiling water and stand for 10 minutes. Medicinal infusion drink 200 grams after meals three times a day for a long time, up to 2-3 months.
- An infusion of ash leaves is used as a diuretic and a strong anti-inflammatory agent. Brewed the same way as the previous infusion, filter. Take 1 liter a day for 10-15 days in a row.
- Strawberry berries. It is recommended to take them fresh in 5 glasses a day, divided into receptions: 2 cups on an empty stomach early in the morning, 1 glass for half an hour before lunch and 2 more glasses for 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
- Birch juice. Take should be 100 grams 3-4 times daily before meals.
Treatment of gout - ointments, baths and compresses for external use
- Warming and anti-inflammatory ointment, for preparation of which take half the bulb, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 leaf of aloe, 20 g of beeswax and 1 tbsp.butter. All this is placed in a saucepan and kept to boil, cover with a lid and remove from heat. After 3-6 minutes, the mixture is ground to a uniform state and chilled. The obtained ointment is used at night. It is possible simply by a method of rubbing, and it is possible in the form of a warming compress.
- Poultices of activated charcoal and flaxseed. Take 2 tablespoons of finely chopped flax seed and 4 tablespoons of activated charcoal powder, dilute with warm water until a smooth consistency of thick cream is obtained and apply the mixture to a sore spot overnight, covered with a warm cloth.
- Compress of salt and honey.1 tbsp each. Salt and honey are mixed on gauze and put on a sick area for the whole night.
- Iodine-soda bath. For 3 liters of boiled hot water take 3 tsp.soda and 9 drops of alcohol tincture of iodine. The patient's leg is kept in water for 7 minutes, then the joint is lubricated with iodine and wrapped in wax paper overnight. In the morning, the treated area is oiled with olive oil. Repeat 4 times a week.
- Lotion from a tincture of valerian.3 bottles of alcohol tincture valerian mixed with 50 grams of medical alcohol and left overnight. Further, the sore spots are rubbed with lotion using a cotton swab, and wrapped on top with polyethylene.
Gout: treatment in various ways
Treatment of gout is a complex process, because the disease is chronic, which develops against a background of metabolic disorders and is characterized by deposits in the cartilage, bones and joints of human uric acid salts. Interestingly, this disease has been known since ancient times - it was described by Hippocrates and it suffered from such famous personalities as Achilles, Ivan the Terrible, Michelangelo, Turgenev, Pushkin, Charles Darwin and others. Symptoms of this disease are very unpleasant. The attack usually begins unexpectedly, more often at night, and is characterized by swelling and redness of the joints of the legs( usually the thumb), severe pain syndrome and high fever( up to 38-40 °).There may also be pain in the abdomen and stools.
Sometimes, with a long course of the disease, tofus develop. Tofusy with gout are the same deposits of uric acid salts, surrounded by a connective tissue. Most often, they appear in the area of the auricles, but this is only the beginning. Further, tophi can occur anywhere, and even on internal organs, and detect them at times is very difficult.
Usually, this condition lasts 5-7 days, after which the attack passes. Previously it was believed that men with gout, age forty and older, are particularly susceptible to gout, especially those whose relatives have this disease. However, recently, gout has taken unexpected forms and it often happens that different categories of people have started to hurt it - both women and men, and young and aged. The reason for this spread of the disease is likely to lie in the wrong way of life and nutrition of modern people.
How doctors treat gout, but they also admit that getting rid of the disease is completely impossible. In this case, not only medication is used, but the correct organization of a person's way of life. Despite the fact that doctors advise patients to use certain medicines, they also suggest normalizing the diet regime for gout and adding physical exertion, avoiding hypothermia and overheating, and using additional methods of traditional medicine.
In our article we will consider the main types of gout treatment:
- Folk remedies
- Diet and exercises from gout
Treatment of gout with folk remedies and methods
How to treat gout with the feet will tell folk medicine, "grandmother's" recipes in this case bring invaluable benefits, help quicklyto relieve an attack of the disease and prevent the development of relapses. So, let's list the most effective means of treating gout with the help of traditional medicine.
Basic folk ways:
- Decoctions and tinctures
The first means is ubiquitous urinotherapy. Folk doctors say that if you soar your feet daily in urine, then gout will recede.
The second effective remedy for curing gout is compresses. A very good compress is a honey-salt compress. To do this, gauze should be put honey and salt( 1 st.lozhke), and apply a compress to the inflamed joint. Repeat the procedure until the symptoms disappear completely. You can also make a compress of red clay and 2 st.l.wine vinegar.
The third folk remedy is a variety of decoctions and tinctures. The most effective decoction is a decoction of cowberry. To make it, 2 tbsp. Spoon cranberries pour 250 ml of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Decoction to drink for a day, and the next day to prepare a new one, and so until the recovery. Folk doctors claim that the best means and the answer to the question of how to treat gout on the legs can not be found.
Well, also helps such a herbal tea - 20 grams of grass rootgrass, 30 g of violets of trichrome( grass), 25 g of burdock root and 20 g of veronica medicament crush together. Take the resulting mixture of 40 g and pour a liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. Drink 3 cups daily, and the first time in the morning, you must drink a decoction on an empty stomach.
Treatment of gout at home
There are not only folk ways to answer the question of how to treat gout, but also the methods home used by many people in the event of an attack of the disease. Most often these methods do not cure gout completely, but only help to relieve an attack, and pain including.
For example, treatment of gout with iodine and aspirin is very effective. This remedy many people were saved from severe pain and relieved inflammation. It is necessary to take 10 ml of iodine and in it to dissolve tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in an amount of 5 pieces. It turns out a colorless liquid, which for the night needs to handle the affected joints.
You can also make foot baths with iodine - 3 liters of water 9 drops of iodine and soda( no more than 3 tsp).Good pain relieves the usual activated charcoal. To do this, grind a handful of activated carbon in the coffee machine, add a spoonful of flaxseed and lubricate the affected joint. After that, cover the place with polyethylene and wrap it well and go to bed. Usually the patient feels relief in the morning.
It is very important to treat a gout with a certain diet. It is necessary to exclude from the diet products such as kidneys, liver, brains, radish, sorrel, beans and peas, spicy seasonings. Reduce the consumption of fish and proteins of animal origin. To use fruit teas: cowberry, currant, strawberry, and to eat vegetable food.
Medications for gout
Reflecting on how to treat gout, it is impossible to ignore medications. Drug medications are very effective in coping with the disease, helping to relieve inflammation and pain, and reduce the risk of relapse.
Most often, doctors prescribe patients with ointment from gout, in particular - cream fullflex. The use of this cream is a very effective method of treatment, due to its diverse natural composition. Tablets from gout patients are also indicated for taking, allopurinol, fulflex tablets, colchicine, etc. are effective drugs. However, one should not conduct independent treatment with medicinal preparations - it is necessary to apply for a prescription to the treating doctor.
Having read all of the above, you will certainly find the answer to the question "how to cure gout?", And you will be able to cope with the disease and prevent its return.
Video about the causes and treatment of gout: