Proven set of exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis
One of the most effective methods of treatment of osteochondrosis is exercise therapy( LFK).Its goals are to preserve the mobility of the spine and relieve the load from the intervertebral joints. This can be achieved by strengthening the dorsal and cervical muscles. Regular exercises with osteochondrosis are an effective method of getting rid of the most unpleasant symptoms: radicular pains with infringement of the nerves, dizziness and numbness of the hands when the cervical spine is injured, the stiffness with tilts, head turns, etc.
Photo: during the exercises all movements must be performedstrictly according to the
instructions. Indications and contraindications to exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
Correctly selected physical exertion can significantly alleviate the course of osteochondrosis, especially when the risk withAstana vertebrae due to the destruction of the intervertebral discs. All physicians can and should be engaged in therapeutic physical activity, except for those to whom it is directly contraindicated.
What are the contraindications for exercise therapy:
- exacerbation of osteochondrosis,
- early recovery period after spine operations,
- neurological disorders with movement coordination disorder,
- of vestibular apparatus disease,
- any acute diseases and exacerbations of chronic illnesses with impaired well-being,
- high blood pressure,
- cardiac arrhythmias,
- severe degree of myopia and increased intraocular pressure.
Also, you should not exercise exercise therapy on an empty stomach, immediately after a meal and after a lot of physical fatigue.
Not every patient equally well tolerates the load of the entire gymnastic complex. If a sharp pain, dizziness, nausea and other unpleasant sensations appear during the performance of an exercise, it should be discarded.
The effect of gymnastics
Many people feel the positive effect of physical exertion treatment after the first lessons, if the complex is correctly chosen. But still a quick result is not all, because much depends on the course, shape and stage of the disease. Therefore, if relief does not come immediately, it is necessary to continue training and, possibly, to adjust their plan. If, after class, your state of health progressively worsens - it is necessary to suspend workouts and consult a doctor.
What effects can be achieved by systematic exercise in the osteochondrosis of the spine?
- Strengthening and increasing the plasticity of muscles that support the spine, which prevents the development of its deformations.
- Improvement of lympho- and blood circulation in the affected area, as a result - improved metabolism and acceleration of recovery processes.
- Reduction of pain, return to the spine of normal movements.
- Correction of posture.
- Unloading the spine and joints by reducing the body weight of the patient( if there is excess weight).
For the best effect, it is recommended to alternate the static exercises of exercise therapy( that is, those associated with holding the motionless position of the body) and dynamic( movable), as well as periods of exercise and rest. During a pause to stretch the muscles, you can hang on the bar: get your hands on the crossbar and hang a little, so that your feet do not touch the floor.
Visual images will help to perform the complex correctly
Complex for cervical and thoracic departments
For the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic areas, you can do any exercises from the ones suggested below, the main thing is that they are not uncomfortable for you. It is not necessary to perform the whole gymnastic complex at once, you can alternate: today one exercises, tomorrow others.
Static( isometric, strength) exercises
Static exercises are performed at a very slow rate with minimal amplitude of movements, but with maximum muscle tension. At their performance occurrence of moderate painful sensations at the moment of a strain of muscles - a normal phenomenon. As a load, it is usually sufficient to weight your own body, but sometimes dumbbells or other weights can be used.
In the standing position, put your hands out to the sides with your hands. On inspiration, bend your arms in the elbows and with effort pull them back, trying to connect the shoulder blades. Hold the pose for as long as you can. Relax when exhaling. Repeat 5 times.
The starting position is sitting. During a slow inspiration, turn your head as far to the left as possible. Tighten the muscles of the neck. On exhalation, relax the muscles and turn your head forward. Make a turn in the other direction. After that, on inspiration slowly tilt your head back, trying to touch the back of your neck. Tighten the muscles of the neck. On exhalation, return the head to its original position. Tilt forward and left-to-right. Repeat the exercise 2 times.
Lying on the abdominal muscles, lift the upper part of the body above the floor, tilt the head forward to touch the chin of the chest, push your hands against the back of the head, creating resistance, and severely strain the muscles of the neck. After that, with resistance to your hands, raise your head and try to tilt it back as much as possible. Then push your hands on your forehead and, overcoming resistance, try to tilt your head forward. Hold each pose for at least 5 seconds.
Dynamic( isotonic) exercises
In the process of performing data phys.exercises in osteochondrosis, muscle contractions at a rapid pace alternate with relaxation, the pulse and respiration rate are increasing.
In the initial standing position, rotate the arms( in the shoulders) rotationally forward and backward with the maximum amplitude. Repeat 10 turns in each direction.
Standing or sitting, pull your right hand out of the way. Do not turn in the lower back, turn your head and shoulder girdle to the right and look at your arm. Move to the other side. Repeat 5-7 times.
Initial position lying on the abdomen. On inhalation, bend and lift the top of the body up as high as possible. Keep your hands straight, raised above your head.
Training of the lumbar and lumbosacral sections of the
In case of lesion and lumbar and sacral spine, gym stretch exercises are most beneficial, which must be done slowly and cautiously.
Sit on the floor, legs stretch out in front of you. Slowly lean forward and try to reach out to the tips of your toes. Hold the position for 10-15 seconds. After this, spread your legs apart and make inclines alternately to your left and right leg. Repeat 5 times forward and 3 times left-right.
Standing on your knees and resting on the floor with your hands, slowly inhale your lower back. Hold the pose for 5 seconds, then bend down and also fix the position for 5 seconds. Do 10 repetitions.
From the standing position, lean forward and grip the legs with your hands. Try to pull the torso as close to the legs as possible. Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
Lying on the back, bend your arms in the elbows, and your knees. Holding the waist with your hands, on your breath, tear your hips off the floor, trying to lift them as high as possible. On an exhalation, lie down on the floor. Repeat 10 times.
Lying on your stomach, rest on the floor with your toes and palms of hands bent at the elbows. On inspiration, lift the upper part of the body, trying to straighten your arms, on the exhalation, lie down on the floor. Repeat 10 times.
Standing, put a straight leg on the back of the chair so that the angle of ascent is about 90 degrees or slightly more. On the inspiration, lean towards the leg, trying to reach out to the toes with your hands, straighten out while exhaling. Repeat the exercise for each leg 5-10 times.
To date, many different videos on curative gymnastics have been recorded:
General recommendations of
Any above-mentioned therapeutic complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the spine does not require special equipment or a gym - it can be performed at home. It is enough to prepare:
- comfortable sportswear,
- non-slip mat for exercise on the floor,
- chair with backrest or a large gymnastic ball.
Very good, if you have a home bar or a wall.
To start exercise therapy should not be earlier than 2 hours after eating. Before class, ventilate the room. Load increase gradually, carrying out in the first days of one approach, and then, with good tolerance, 3-5.In the early days, do not work longer than 20 minutes, especially if you often need rest. Time of lessons increase gradually, up to 45 minutes maximum. And most importantly - pre-align your training complex for the spine with the attending physician, who will weigh all the pros and cons. And strictly adhere to his recommendations!
Exercises for the waist with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is an unpleasant disease, like all ailments. The essence of it can be briefly characterized as the destruction of the bone tissue of parts of the spine, interchondral discs, partially - muscle tissue. It is extremely difficult to cure it completely. Osteochondrosis does not die, but changes for the organism are so destructive that a sick person can not fully live. Partly to facilitate life will help exercise for the loins in osteochondrosis, treatment courses, preventive therapy.
Groups of digging
Osteochondrosis is sick third of all inhabitants of the planet, besides not only adults, but also children. Most often this affliction affects office staff, people who work with weights, athletes, average people aged after 40, less often, newborns and children with genetic disorders of metabolic processes.
The main reasons for the appearance of osteochondrosis can be called:
- Long sitting;
- Permanent stay in an unnatural position;
- Sports injury;
- Lack of calcium in the body;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Flat feet and other foot problems;
- Weak muscular back corset;
- Wearing heavy loads and incorrect load distribution.
First signs and course of
disease Exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine will ease the pain, but before choosing a therapy and treatment, it is important to establish a diagnosis correctly. It is most appropriate for these purposes to see a doctor. He will prescribe an examination and accurately determine the type of osteochondrosis and the appropriate treatment. Next, consider the first signs of the disease, which should alert and encourage a visit to the doctor:
- Constant unjust pain in any of the back;
- Numbness of hands and feet( together or one limb);
- Pain or impairment in the operation of any of the organs or systems.
Very often a person does not associate permanent pain in the heart or ovaries with back problems, and is engaged in self-treatment when it is urgent to run to the doctor and actively treat the true causes of the ailment.
In the first stages of the disease, external signs are minimal. The inflammatory process is not extensive. It is localized in the intervertebral disk. And the discomfort is also minimal: minor pain in the spine, lower back.
The second stage is accompanied by an expansion of the lesion on ligaments and muscles. They cease to hold the disk in place, it can move, disrupting the stability of the spine, its stamina. That is, there is a high probability that this disk will come out or inside. All this will be accompanied by pain, inflammation, a violation of the work of that body, which will push the displaced disk.
In the third stage of the disease, inflammation spreads to the nerve endings. And the pain syndrome will become permanent, very strong, serious problems with the limbs will begin, there may be disruption of the entire musculoskeletal system of a person.
At any stage of the disease, self-medication can not be done - there is a big risk of getting a disability, serious health problems, or simply launching a process, treating, which is still necessary, but it will be much more expensive.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
Exercises for lumbosacral osteochondrosis or any other form of it are certainly necessary and useful, but it is necessary to supplement such therapy with medication, correct working and rest. Only drugs, only bed rest or separately from the whole exercise will not give the desired effect.
Most often, with severe permanent back pain caused by osteochondrosis, the doctor will prescribe analgesics, prescribe an hourly schedule, select the appropriate dosage and the appropriate medication.
In combination with them, they will prescribe medications for puffiness, which also accompanies the course of the acute stage of the disease, anti-inflammatory drugs, sedative pills or drops to improve sleep.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Many specialists refer to osteochondrosis, a plague of the present century. This title is quite understandable, because the number of patients with this ailment grows almost in a geometric progression. This degenerative disease, fortunately, can not lead to death, but the quality of life can be significantly affected. A pronounced symptom makes this ailment "recognizable", but the treatment does not become easier from this. Lumbar osteochondrosis occurs more often than all other varieties of this disease. A topical addition to conservative treatment can be called exercises with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine. There is a whole complex of these exercises, which are designed to improve the condition of the patient.
Osteochondrosis is a degenerative disease of the spinal column, which affects the cartilaginous tissue between the vertebrae, thinning it. In view of this harmful effect, a person receives a displacement of the vertebrae and a pinched nerve. This is the cause of the greatest pain in the field of inflammation and other no less unpleasant symptoms.
We note the main symptoms of lumbar osteochondrosis:
- Pain in the lumbar region, which can give a leg or even both legs.
- Disturbance of blood circulation, resulting in general weakness in the body.
- Increased aching pain when sneezing or coughing. At the same time, characteristic "lumbago" can be felt, giving to the legs. This symptom can cast doubt on motor activity, as a person will experience, the so-called "chamber" with every gesture.
- In lumbar osteochondrosis, there is often a pinched rootlet between the vertebrae. In view of this, there may be a decrease in sensitivity in the pelvic and perineal regions. This, in turn, can cause a violation of urination and defecation.
Also note the accompanying symptoms, which do not belong to the main: the frequent occurrence of "goose bumps" on the legs and hips, a violation of sensitivity in the shin, increased sweating.
The main complication of osteochondrosis is not the stable position of the vertebrae. This aspect can cause displacement of the vertebrae from the area of the sacrum under gravity. This will lead to extensive problems in the genitourinary system. Moreover, there is a risk of vertebral hernia. This ailment can be eliminated only surgically.
Methods of treatment
There are several treatments that are actively used in the fight against lumbar osteochondrosis. Of course, you can not do without taking medication. Fortunately, the current medicine has stepped far enough forward to actively resist the intrusive and intractable diseases of the back. Local medicines are also widely used. In modern pharmacies there is an extensive list of ointments and gels that contain either hormonal components or simply an irritating property.
Traditional medicine is also in demand in this issue. Recipes collected over the centuries, based on plants and natural ingredients, can have a beneficial effect on the body. The main thing is to use recipes wisely and do not overdo it with the reception. The patient should understand that any method of treatment must be fully coordinated with the attending physician, so that there are no contradictions in medicines and undesirable side effects.
Massage sessions are not only an excellent way to relax and throw off the burden of cares and worries, but also an effective method of treating spinal column diseases. Massaging the back, lumbar zone in particular, promotes the acceleration of blood circulation and microcirculation. In view of this, the cells receive the proper amount of oxygen, which means they regenerate faster.
Physiotherapy harmoniously fits into any treatment regimen. The impact of electric or magnetic current on the affected area contributes to the relief of pain and to the weakening of the inflammatory process.
Exercises and good charging for lumbar osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis are divided into two large blocks:
- Charge in the period of acute and subacute state of osteochondrosis.
- Physical exercises during a stable period of remission.
Each group of exercises has its own characteristics and indications for implementation.
Lesson during acute
Charge for osteochondrosis of the lumbar should be done from a lying position or standing on all fours, because in this situation the load on the spine practically disappears. This is due to a reduction in internal disk pressure in the affected area compared to the vertical position of the body.
Even in the early stages of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department, specialists prescribe a special set of exercises, which is aimed at relieving muscular spasm in the lumbosacral spine. Therapeutic charge prevents the irritation of nerve endings that contact the affected intervertebral discs.
It is forbidden to perform exercises during an acute course of the disease, during which the lumbosacral spine bends and unbends. Otherwise, the patient will feel a burning pain in the lumbar region due to increased pressure on the back wall of the fibrous ring and a well innervated posterior ligament.
You can not perform gymnastics, implying torso tilts over 20 degrees. In this case, the internal disk pressure is significantly increased and the intervertebral disc is possibly displaced, the fibrous tissue and the muscle tissue in the waist zone are stretched.
Well in the acute and subacute stage of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, exercises that imply the straightening of the spine along its axis help. This condition leads to an increase in the intervertebral space, which provides decompression of the nerve roots and blood vessels.
It is forbidden to do abrupt movements with the trunk, as they increase mobility in the problem zone of the waist. A sharp turn or tilt can lead to an even greater injury to the affected intervertebral disc and increased irritation of the nerve endings.
To stabilize the affected lumbar spine, strengthen the musculature of the trunk, pelvic region and lower limbs, it is necessary to perform static exercises as a therapeutic exercise. At first, you should withstand a short exposure( about 2-3 seconds), eventually increasing it.
During the remission of
Physical exercises during the remission are designed specifically for training and strengthening the muscles of the waist, the press, buttocks and legs. Pressing the muscles of the press increases the intra-abdominal pressure, so that part of the load that acts on the lumbosacral spine turns to the pelvis and diaphragm.
Thus, the pressure that falls on the affected intervertebral discs decreases by 25-35%.Also, with the developed abdominal press, the vertebral column is stabilized, which by its nature is unstable.
In the lumbar region, the vertebral column on the back supports the torso rectifier, on the side - the lumbar musculature, from the front side - intra-abdominal pressure, which appears due to the strain of the abdominal press. The more developed these muscular departments, the higher the force that stabilizes the lumbar spine.
Most often, the lesion in lumbar osteochondrosis coincides with the place of the greatest spinal congestion. For this reason, during the therapeutic charge, especially in the subacute period of the disease, it is required to fix the lumbar region with the belt of weightlifters or a special orthopedic corset.
Exercises from lying on the side:
- Place your right hand under your head, put your left hand in front of your chest in the floor, your legs straight. Bend the left leg( it should be straight) in the hip joint and slowly return to its original position. Run 8 times for each leg.
- The right hand is left under the head, the left one is pressed to the trunk. Bending your legs, inhale. Then straighten your legs, while lifting up your left arm, stretching and exhaling. Make 6 times on each side.
- The starting position is similar. Bend your legs, trying to push them as close as possible to your stomach, then - exhale. Returning your legs to their original position, inhale.
The next set of exercises is performed in the supine position.
- The starting position is the arms along the trunk, the legs are straight. Slowly spread both arms apart, while breathing in. Returning your hands, exhale. Do the exercise 5 times.
- Alternately, bend your legs in your lap without lifting your feet from the floor.10 times for each leg.
- Slowly carry out the exercise "bike".
Similar exercises can not be performed with an acute form of lumbar osteochondrosis. In any case, you should first consult with your doctor.
Exercises for lumbar spine osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a rather common pathology that people have suffered since 25 years. At the initial stage of the disease, there may be periodic pain in the lumbar region that occur during sudden movements or when lifting the severity. It is at this point that you need to contact a specialist who will choose the right treatment and prescribe an auxiliary course( physiotherapy, manual therapy, exercise therapy, etc.).
Pay attention to the unique remedy for osteochondrosis, arthrosis and injuries!
Gel "Grandfather's Secret" - the first Russian drug, which makes it possible to restore cartilaginous tissue in joints without surgical intervention and injections.
More about this tool you can find out on the link further - Cream "Grandfather's Secret".
Why morning exercises are necessary
Physical exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region should be started in the morning. This will help get rid of the stagnation in the circulation, which is always present after sleeping in one pose. In this case, a person can feel a tingling and unpleasant pain in the area of puffiness. In the people, this consequence of sleep is often called "resting."In order to restore blood circulation, you need to stretch the muscles well, work the joints and make a small stretching of the spine( for this it is sufficient to stretch upwards).(See also: effective treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine).
If you always do such exercises, it will not only fill the body with energy for the whole day, but also relieve the emergence of many diseases that arise from a sedentary lifestyle. Do not give the body a strong load, just make simple slopes, turns, deflections. This is an excellent stimulus to the body for self-healing and a good workout for the muscles and joints.
Physical exercises for lumbar spine osteochondrosis are performed in accordance with some rules:
- Each approach to training begins with a warm-up, which will prepare the spine and the entire body for subsequent workloads.
- If pain occurs during the performance of an action, then it is better to give up exercise.
- Only the specialist can correctly select the treatment complex, taking into account all the features of the pathological condition( clinical picture, results of diagnostic studies, the general physical condition of the patient, etc.).
- Avoid sudden movements, range turns, jumps and twists. Such actions can adversely affect the course of the disease and cause undesirable consequences.
- Try new movements better in the morning, before taking pain medications. This allows you to adequately assess the sensations of doing exercises.
The main complexes for this pathology
The first load on the waist should be insignificant, in order to exclude damage or infringement of the affected segment. If a pain symptom occurs, you must immediately stop the task and smoothly return to the normal position. After that, it's better to assume the supine position, so the pain will subside. If, up to this point, this action did not cause discomfort, then you should consult a specialist who will prescribe an additional examination.
The complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine should begin with a warm-up:
- Walking in one place with a high lift of the knee joints.
- In the standing position, the feet should be moved apart from each other by a distance of 40 cm. The hands are fixed at the waist and when inhaling the elbows are maximally connected from behind, and on exhalation - to return to the starting position.
- In the forward position, the posture( as close as possible to the ideal anatomical form) should be correctly set, after which circular movements are performed by hands. Hands rise up on inhalation, and fall down while exhaling.
After such preparation it is possible to start stretching the spine:
- Very well if there is access to the bar or the Swedish staircase. It is useful to simply hang on the equipment, until in the hands there is felt a strong weakness. After that, you need to go down smoothly and give your hands a rest, and after a while to do a repetition. Four approaches are sufficient.
- Feet to spread on the width of the shoulders slowly bend over and grab the legs with your hands. Do not need a strong tilt amplitude, it is important that the spine is comfortable. After this, it is necessary to hump your back, and then bend in the opposite direction. All actions are performed smoothly, without sudden movements. In order to bend to the knees, you can bend your arms slightly in the elbows and raise your shoulders. Such a complex is performed 3 to 5 times.
- Sit on the buttocks and clasp your bent legs with your hands, fix your head on the trunk. In this situation, reruns are made in different directions.
- The gymnastic bridge can be performed from any position, excluding injury to the back. In some cases, support may be required. Fix in the curved state for at least 20 seconds.
More complex exercises for the loin with osteochondrosis should be left at the end of the session, they will be as fastening:
- Lying back up, arms and legs are raised upward( you need to reach the sky).This "boat" in the first classes will have a slight bending amplitude, but during the restoration of the correct posture the bend will increase. Doing jumps, you should avoid jerking.
- The starting position is lying on the stomach. You should simultaneously raise the opposite arms and legs. Interleave the movements smoothly, trying to maximally bend the lower back.
- Having fixed your shoulders on the floor, you should tighten your legs, bent at an angle of 90 degrees. It is allowed to tear off the buttocks from the floor in order to sufficiently bring the knee joints to the chin.
- Standing with bent elbows, you should turn left and right, straightening the arm in the opposite direction. During the movement, smoothness and dimensionality are important.
Features and contraindications of exercise therapy in the case of
The exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region are performed only in the fading stage. In the acute course of the disease, it is necessary to minimize any movement and apply appropriate medications. For treatment, the physician selects NSAIDs, analgesics, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors, multivitamin complexes and others. Only during the recovery period, you can add physical activity, massages, manual sessions, acupuncture and other procedures.(See also: gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region).
Not all patients with this pathology can exercise physic gymnastics, so it is important to take into account the expert opinion of a specialist who has studied the history and knows all the diagnostic and clinical moments. It is forbidden to engage in exercise therapy when:
- Oncological neoplasms.
- Crisis state with hypotension or hypertension.
- Serious diseases CCC.
- Inflammatory reactions with significant changes in leukocyte counts.
- Faults in the blood clotting system.
- Unreasonable increase in body temperature.
Some of the above contraindications are temporary, so exercises for treating lumbar spine osteochondrosis can be continued when the problem is resolved. But it is important to take into account the opinion of the doctor and perform only those tasks that were developed specifically for a specific case.(See also: nyxes with osteochondrosis of the lumbar region).
It is important to understand that the treatment of this pathology will take a lot of time and effort, therefore it is necessary to approach all methods of therapy with special responsibility. Perform the assigned procedures should be regular and in several approaches, so it is better to divide the complex into functional units. Do not wait for results after the first classes, as the main effect will only be visible after several months of regular training.
In some cases, actions permitting discomfort to the patient are allowed. Such procedures are most often aimed at stretching the spine, and while the vertebrae do not return to their seats, unpleasant sensations can arise. The procedure is best performed by a physiotherapist who knows exactly how to correctly and without harm act on the affected segment.
Osteochondrosis requires regular monitoring and attention of specialists, so it is better to register in advance for receptions. The results of treatment of this disease are noticeable only after six months of conservative treatment. In some cases, the disease completely disappears, while in others it goes into a resting phase. If there is no improvement or health indicators are spasmodic, the physician should review the diagnosis and prescribe additional diagnostics.
You can immediately note the unique tool for the treatment of diseases of the spine, which has high efficiency and has many positive reviews.
This is an orthopedic plaster "ZB PAIN RELIEF".Large-scale clinical trials were conducted at the Stockholm Medical University( Sweden) in 2013.A total of more than 1000 men and women with various diseases of the spine and joints participated in them, and they used orthopedic plasters "ZB PAIN RELIEF" for 2 weeks. The results of the research surprised even the doctors!
Pain, both acute and aching, passed in most subjects within 1-3 days after the beginning of the use of patches. More than 70% of those participating in the studies have developed significant shifts in the treatment of chronic diseases of the spine and joints.
You can learn more about this patch by following the link - "ZB PAIN RELIEF".
Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis: exercises, video
LFK for osteochondrosis: an exercise complex
Gymnastics with osteochondrosis plays a major role, as it strengthens and tones the muscles of the back well. With weak muscles, the weight of the body "hangs" on one spine, flattening and deforming the disks. If the muscles of the back and waist are well strengthened, they seem to create an extra corset and take on a part of the body weight.
In addition, therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the spine helps get rid of excess salts, because with exercise, bone and muscle tissue uses them to compensate for physiological losses. And, at last, regular active movements, which is therapeutic gymnastics when salts are deposited, gradually "salt" the salt spikes, making them less acute and painful.
Medical gymnastics will be effective only if it is carried out regularly, every day for 10-15 minutes. Below is a versatile set of exercises that will suit everyone:
- You need to start small, gradually complicating every movement - increasing the number of repetitions, the strength and amplitude of slopes and turns.
- To enhance the effect of exercise, you can use a stick, holding it with your elbows behind your back.
- The first four exercises of the complex are preparatory and prepare the cardiovascular system for exercise;the last four, on the contrary, contribute to bringing the body into a calm state after training.
Universal gymnastics complex for osteochondrosis
- Raise your hands, stretch upwards( inhale), then lower down, returning to the initial position( exhalation).
- Grasp the support and climb from the heel to the toe.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart, hands on waist. Take your hands back, bringing your shoulder blades as far as possible( inhaling).Return the elbows first to the starting position, and then forward as far as you can( exhale).
- Walk in place, lifting your knees high.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Maximally reach up, raising your hands( inhaling), then lean forward( exhale).
- Hands are lowered along the trunk. Tilt alternately left and right, sliding them along the body.
- Stand straight. Turn around in different directions, your hands are relaxed and, as it were, overwhelm the body.
- Circular rotation to the right and to the left by the lower part of the trunk.
- Circular rotation of the hands alternately in different directions.
- Stand straight, hands on belt, feet shoulder width apart. Take your right hand back, looking at it( breath), go back( exhale).Do the same on the other side.
- Standing straight or sitting on a chair, make the head incline alternately to the right, left, back and forth, then circular movements.
- Sit on a chair and slowly slide your feet on the floor forward and back alternately.
- Stand upright, reach up with your arms raised( inhale), drop down( exhale).
To the universal complex of gymnastics for osteochondrosis, you can add to your choice special additional exercises for the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine, as well as for large joints most prone to the deposition of salts - humeral, hip, and knee.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for the cervical spine:
- The initial position is lying on the stomach, the head is turned to the side. Raise yourself up on your hands, throw your head back( inhale), go back( exhale).
- Throw your head back, touching your back. Pull your shoulders vertically.
- Tilt your head forward, and touching your chest, slide your chin up and down, simulating the movements of birds when cleaning feathers.
Therapeutic exercises for chest osteochondrosis
Exercises to help unload the thoracic area:
- Sit on a chair, put your hands behind your head( inhale), bend back as far as possible, touching the shoulder blades of the chair( exhalation).
- Stand on all fours, bend your back, keep your head straight, stay in this position for a few seconds, then go back to the starting position.
- Exercise "The Boat".Lie on your stomach, hands along the body. Bend down "boat", tearing off the head and legs as high as possible from the floor.
Therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
Exercises for the lumbar spine:
- Lie on your back, press the knees bent at your knees as close as possible to the chest.
- Lying on your stomach, rest on the floor with your arms bent. Straightening your arms, squeeze from the floor without lifting your legs.
- Get on your knees, leaning with your straight hands on the floor. Maximize your back, then go back to the starting position.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder width apart. Lean down, trying to reach the floor with your hands. Then straighten up, raise your hands over your head and bend as much as possible.
- Exercise "cat" perfectly removes tension from the back. Stand on all fours, leaning on your knees and palms. Hands and back should be straight, do not tilt your head, look forward. Tilt your head down and bend your back up with a cat-like arc, stay in this position for 10 seconds, then go back and relax.
- It is also useful to hang at every opportunity on the crossbar for 1-2 minutes.
Exercises for Shoulder Joints
- Sit on a chair, put your hands on your waist and spread it apart. Slowly lift your shoulders up to the stop and gently lower them down, slightly pulling your head.
- Sit on a chair, press against the back, arms on the waist, elbows are divorced. Smoothly move the shoulders back and forth.
- In the same starting position, alternate circular movements with shoulders.
- Sit on a chair and get the back of the aching arm as much as possible, wrap it around the wrist and pull it to the side of the buttocks until the pain appears. Stop in this position for 10 seconds and strain the sore arm. Then relax it and try to move a few more inches before the pain. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Get your hands behind your back and tie into the lock. Then pull in different directions, as if trying to break the lock. Alternately pull them to the right and left, without uncoupling.
- Become straight, folded behind the back of the castle, slowly move the hands as far back as possible, trying to keep as far as possible, but without sharp pain. Thus the sick arm or hand remains passive.
Exercises for hip joints
- Lie on your side, bend your right foot in the knee and get the floor in front of you. Then do the same on the other side.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend the right leg, take it to the side and press it with your knee to the floor, as if crawling "in a plastic way".Then do the same on the left side.
- Lying on your stomach, place emphasis on bent hands. Then straighten your arms and sit on your heels.
- Sit on the floor in Turkish with crossed legs. Rock your torso forward and backward.