Rheumatism of the legs: symptoms and treatment
Such a diagnosis as rheumatism of the lower extremities is by no means perceived by everyone as a serious health threat. Nevertheless, this disease can cause significant harm not only to the legs, but even the connective tissue of various organs, which makes it really dangerous.
Rheumatism of feet is dangerous
Rheumatism of the joints of the legs is a disease of the musculoskeletal system and is able to develop imperceptibly. But its consequences can be more than palpable. The very essence of the disease is reduced to the defeat of connective tissue in the joints themselves. In some cases complications can cause damage to the internal organs. Many people are of the opinion that the rheumatism of the toes and the lower limbs as a whole is characteristic mainly for the elderly. In fact, this disease most often affects the joints of children from 7 to 15 years. Among the adult patients who are forced to treat rheumatism, approximately 80% have not reached the age of 40 years.
It should be noted that this disease is often called rheumatoid arthritis, or polyarthritis. This is due to the fact that the symptomatology in most cases has to do with the joints, although arthritis can affect the connective tissue of the cardiovascular system, internal organs and muscles. In some cases, even the nervous system of a person is affected by the pathological process.
Why does rheumatism occur
Often this disease manifests itself in those people whose relatives also had problems with joints. The risk of getting a lesion of connective tissue is high and in the owners of a rare protein of group B. Signs of rheumatism of the feet are often manifested in the case of their constant hypothermia or frequent cases of infectious diseases. As another reason why you can hear such a diagnosis, it makes sense to consider a previous streptococcal infection. The bottom line is that the consequence of such a disease is inflammation of the connective tissue in various organs and joints including.
Studies have shown that rheumatism is manifested as the body's response to the process of infection with one of the beta-hemolytic streptococci belonging to group A. Precedence rheumatism may be such diseases as scarlet fever, tonsillitis, chronic pharyngitis, inflammation of the middle ear( tonsillitis) and others.
When streptococci is found in the human body, the response of the immune system is quite active, because this type of bacteria is defined as a significant threat. As a result, specific antibodies are produced. It is important to note the following fact: the same molecules as those that are attacked by antibodies in the fight against streptococcus, are present in people who are prone to rheumatism. And then the immune system begins to exert a destructive effect on the connective tissue. This can lead to the defeat of various organs and joints.
Rheumatism of the legs: symptoms of
In most cases, rheumatism develops 1-3 weeks after the streptococcal infection of the upper respiratory tract( tonsillitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis) has been transferred. It is important to know that far from in every case the manifestation of infection can be called bright. Sometimes the disease runs unnoticed and even atypical - the inflammation of the throat is light, and the temperature is minimal. For this reason, doctors often diagnose ARI with such symptoms, without considering antistreptococcal treatment as a real necessity. And such a mistake can lead to the fact that a re-infection against a background of weakened immunity will cause the development of joint rheumatism.
It manifests itself( rheumatism) within a few days after re-infection and affects large joints - knee, ankle, etc. Rheumatism of the legs symptoms is easily recognizable: inflammation of the joints occurs alternately, and the affected part swells noticeably, moreover it hurts when pressed. For example, first the knee joint becomes inflamed, after, several days later, and sometimes hours, the inflammation along with the pain subsides, and the disease begins to affect another joint, then the next. It is this - alternate - affection of connective tissue in different parts of the lower limbs and is an obvious sign of rheumatism of the legs. One attack on a particular joint lasts a maximum of 12 days. But as a result, not only the feet suffer - significant harm is inflicted on the heart.
Rheumatism of the legs, the symptoms of which are almost invisible, makes itself felt in most cases by mild, but constant weakness after moderate loads. These feelings are very similar to the usual fatigue at the end of a day's work. Another characteristic symptom that indicates the inflammation of the connective tissue is the temperature, which rises quickly and just as quickly returns to normal, after which the jumps are repeated again.
Subject: "Rheumatism of the legs: signs and treatment" is very relevant and serious. After all, if the disease is not treated, you can face such an unpleasant consequence, as rheumatic heart disease( inflammation of the heart).There are light rheumatic heart disease, medium stage and severe. In the process of its development, heart valves, membranes( pericarditis) and heart muscle( myocarditis) are affected.
Continuing to study how rheumatism of the legs manifests itself, it is important to note that the mild form of rheumacordita usually goes unnoticed, but the mean manifests itself through moderate cardiac hypertrophy( it increases in volume).In this case, patients feel unpleasant sensations behind the sternum, dyspnea and palpitations appear with relatively light loads( walking, climbing the stairs).
In the case of severe rheumatic heart disease, the size of the heart is significantly increased. Pain in the chest, shortness of breath and an intensified heartbeat disturb even at rest. Moreover, on the legs there are swelling. With this form of rheumatic carditis, there is a high probability of heart disease.
Mechanism for the development of
As mentioned above, with rheumatism, only one joint is very rarely affected - painful sensations constantly change the dislocation. In this case, according to doctors, rheumatism of the legs affects primarily those joints that are more loaded. Also, the joints that previously undergone stable supercooling, bruises, prolonged pressure and other adverse effects are at risk. If you resort to properly organized treatment, then there are all chances to defeat the disease within 1-2 weeks. In some cases, the inflammation process stops after the third day of treatment.
It should be noted that rheumatism does not always have a radically destructive effect on connective tissue. It is not uncommon for patients to retain the ability to actively move, even if they have a second inflammation, and do not feel severe pain.
Deepening into the topic: "Rheumatism of the legs: signs and treatment", it is important to pay attention to methods of identifying the disease. The basis of diagnosis in this case are laboratory studies and a number of clinical signs that allow to determine the defeat of organs.
In order to identify the negative effect of inflammatory processes on the heart, it is necessary to undergo an ultrasound or an ECG.It is not superfluous to carry out differential diagnosis with nonspecific infectious polyarthritis, tuberculosis, septic endocarditis, neurosis and other diseases.
It is worth knowing that in the case of the development of the acute phase of rheumatism in the blood, neutrophilic leukocytosis will be observed. It is also possible to reduce the level of hemoglobin in the first days of active inflammation. In the case of persistent relapses, there is a risk of anemia.
Pediatric leg rheumatism: symptoms and diagnostics
If we talk about the symptoms of rheumatism in children, it is worth saying that they are very similar to those listed above: fever and development of polyarthritis( severe pain) in the affected joints.
Rheumatic polyarthritis may have some peculiarities:
- Inflammation of large joints develops very quickly, sometimes even for several hours. Then the skin in place of the affected joint becomes red, hot to the touch and swells.
- In some cases, several large joints can be inflamed simultaneously, for example, both knees.
- Rheumatic polyarthritis in children lasts an average of 4-5 days.
- The child feels severe pain, which prevents him from moving freely. There are often cases when children with rheumatic fever can not get out of bed.
Pediatric rheumatism of the legs, as in adults, can be manifested through chest pain, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, weakness and irregular heartbeat. At the first signs of rheumatism in a child, he needs to conduct a heart examination and prescribe the appropriate treatment. If the disease is started, then it is possible to develop severe heart defects, which in the future can turn into heart failure.
Another sign of rheumatism in children is the appearance of a reddish rash, which is called annular erythema.
As for the diagnosis, if you suspect rheumatism it is worth the following tests:
- biochemical blood test;
- the general or common analysis of a blood;
- ultrasound of the heart;
- blood test for the level of ASL-O;
- electrocardiography, it's an ECG.
Diagnosis is better not to be neglected, so that later do not fight with complications.
Treatment of rheumatism
Trying to get an answer to the question of how to treat leg rheumatism, one must first of all realize the need for an immediate visit to the doctor with the first suspicions of the development of the disease. This is important for the reason that the course of the disease may in some cases differ, and this means the need for an individual and professional approach to the treatment process.
The following methods are commonly used:
- use of glucocorticoids, as well as immunosuppressants to provide protective functions of the body;
- the use of antibiotics( Amikacin, Sumamed, etc.) and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( Ketoprofen, Movalis, Diclofenac - should be taken until the tumor completely disappears);
- a complex of vitamins for recovery after antibiotics( "Supradin", "Oligovit", "Vitrum", "Centrum");
- after acute symptomatology has been removed, various physiotherapeutic procedures( paraffin baths, UHF, electrophoresis and infrared lamp heating) are used for full recovery;
- if conventional treatment does not help to neutralize the symptoms of rheumatism, then doctors prescribe plasmapheresis - purification of blood from antibodies and toxins.
Some doctors advise for a more fruitful treatment process to reduce carbohydrate intake and increase the amount of protein in the diet. In any case, treatment should be comprehensive.
If the scheme of overcoming the disease has been determined correctly, and the patient followed all the recommendations of the doctor, then full recovery may occur in 2 weeks. In those cases when the visit to the doctor was immediate, the recovery process will take only a few days.
How to treat rheumatism at home
One of the main principles of home exposure to the disease can be determined by proper nutrition and phytotherapy. As for the recipes of various broths, in this case it is definitely better to consult with doctors who will be able to take into account all the features of the disease course in a particular person.
Food should be organized in such a way that all meals are without salt. The use of seasonings will also have to be limited. This is important for the reason that during the rheumatic attack there is a metabolic disorder.
When answering the question about how to treat leg rheumatism at home, it is important to pay attention to the detrimental effect of the dishes, which contain extractives( vegetable and strong meat soups, as well as broths).About soups of fast preparation and various broth cubes for the period of treatment it is necessary to forget. As mentioned above, for rapid recovery, it is necessary to limit the consumption of foods that are a source of easily assimilated carbohydrates( honey, sugar, jam, jam and confectionery).
From the diet of the patient it is also necessary to exclude products based on beans, mushrooms, spinach, sorrel and peas. But grape juice and grapes can be consumed. Vegetables need to boil, and meat and fish are only slightly stewed or boiled.
If you look at the topic: "Rheumatism: symptoms and treatment of legs" from the point of view of traditional medicine, it is worth noting that, according to the doctors, sand can help in the fight against inflammation. To do this, it must be washed and sieved through a sieve, preferably shallow. The most suitable option is the sea sand. After sowing it is necessary to heat it to 50 degrees and pour it into a comfortable fabric bag. It is this bag of hot sand that is applied to the place where pain is felt. But this method should not be used for those people who have been diagnosed with skin and heart diseases, tuberculosis, malnutrition and tumors.
Another technique that everyone should be aware of: "Rheumatism: the symptoms and treatment of the legs" is clay. It can be used in the form of compresses and wraps. The clay, which is topical in such a disease, makes its ability to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
In order to prevent the repeated development of foot rheumatism, it is necessary to focus on two purposes: to protect the body from a new infection with streptococcal infection and to strengthen the immune system. And this means that, if possible, everyone who has had rheumatism should visit a specialized sanatorium.
After the restorative measures have been taken, it is necessary not to visit other climatic zones for a period of 1-2 years, being content with their native lands. Since the rheumatism of the feet involves complex treatment, all factors that can create favorable conditions for the development of the disease must be taken into account. If within a few years after the rheumatic attack go to someone else's climate zone, you will have to face acclimatization, which, in turn, can lead to certain complications.
Those who have experienced rheumatic attacks should not be fond of bathing in cold water and a long process of sunburn. Active sports are undesirable for the reason that the heart weakened by the disease will not yet be ready for heavy loads. But physical education is worthwhile, as well as literate hardening. In this case, in the case of increasing the pulse to 120 strokes and the appearance of dyspnea, it is necessary to pause.
Rheumatism can definitely be attributed to those diseases that require special attention due to the risk of significant complications. Therefore, as with any serious diagnosis, if symptoms of inflammation of connective tissue need to respond quickly - go to the doctor and start treatment. And, of course, it is always worth remembering about prevention.
Symptoms and signs of rheumatism with photos
Rheumatism is a fairly common disease. This disease manifests a lot of severe symptoms, so without the help of a qualified doctor here is indispensable. In addition, rheumatism of bones or joints belongs to the category of very serious diseases requiring a long course of treatment. Treatment of rheumatism of bones must be timely.
This disease is characterized by inflammation of the connective tissues, which primarily affects the cardiovascular system. In most cases, rheumatism occurs due to acute( or chronic) nasopharyngeal infections( angina).The most common cause is streptococcal infection, the occurrence of which can cause decreased immunity. Bone rheumatism can be caused, among other things, by a genetic predisposition to the disease.
Many people mistakenly believe that bone rheumatism is a disease that occurs precisely among people who are in old age. In fact, this disease is very common among children and adolescents, despite the fact that bones, like other elements of the body, have not yet formed. In addition, it is known from statistical data that rheumatism most often affects the female sex. More about the disease on video 1.
Very often the symptoms of this disease begin to manifest itself in the colder seasons, the same occurs during severe climatic changes. Rheumatism during this period, as a rule, is in the stage of exacerbation.
Symptoms primarily depend on the form of rheumatism. The brightest manifestation of the disease is the pain in the bones and joints, known as rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatism and its main symptoms
The development of rheumatism is accompanied by a large number of symptoms, as a rule, they all manifest themselves depending on the form of the disease. Most often this disease occurs among schoolchildren, less often in pre-school children( video 2).
Among the main symptoms of rheumatism can be noted:
- The initial forms of the disease can manifest as fever, general weakness, increased fatigue, headaches, pain in the bones and joints. In most cases, the first symptoms appear after 2-3 weeks after a person has had an angina or pharyngitis.
- The first and main manifestation of the disease is rheumatoid arthritis, this definition is characterized by discomfort and pain in the bones and joints.
- Most often, rheumatoid arthritis occurs suddenly and makes itself felt by acute pains, affecting primarily large joints and bones.
- One, almost the most serious and common defeat, is associated with the heart. In such cases, rheumatoid arthritis is manifested by pain in the heart, palpitations, dyspnea. All these signs indicate a violation of cardiac activity and require a serious long-term treatment.
There is one rare manifestation of this disease - the appearance of rheumatic nodules or annular rash( annular erythema).
Rheumatism and annular rash
Annular rashes are rashes that have a pinkish tinge and resemble a thin ring-shaped rim. As a rule, they are not expressed to the touch, they disappear at the moment of pressure. Such a rash is a rare symptom of rheumatism of bones, but in case of its appearance, this pathology will not have to be observed for a long time. Palpation of the annular erythema does not cause pain.
A little about subcutaneous rheumatoid nodules
Subcutaneous rheumatoid nodules are dense, rounded, practically immobile, painless neoplasms. Most often you can notice one such formation( nodule), but in some cases they are multiple. The most common nodules are observed in the joints and tendons. A similar manifestation of the disease suggests that it is quite hard. The duration of unpleasant formations can be several days, and several months. Basically, the appearance of nodules is accompanied by rheumatoid arthritis. Pain sensations in the abdomen, lesions affecting the liver, lungs, kidneys and other organs in the development of rheumatism of bones are found in very rare cases, most often with advanced stages of the disease.
Diagnosis of rheumatism: the definition of the disease
As mentioned, rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) is a very serious disease. Treatment of this disease should engage a highly qualified doctor. The patient should understand that a full-fledged treatment of rheumatism will take quite a long time, and it is necessary to comply with all the recommendations of the doctor.
Before the appointment of a course of treatment for rheumatism of bones, a thorough examination of the patient is carried out. In order to diagnose the disease was more accurate, additional procedures are performed:
- With the help of ECG, it is possible to determine the violation of the heart rhythm.
- Some disorders( eg, reduced myocardial contractility, altered heart configuration) are also determined by the radiographic method.
- One of the mandatory procedures - ultrasound of the heart.
- With the help of laboratory tests it is determined whether the cause of rheumatic fever is streptococcal infection, whether there are inflammatory reactions and an immunopathological process. Very often rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) is accompanied by anemia, which is detected when diagnosing the disease.
Rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) and its treatment
It is very important that the treatment of rheumatism of bones is timely. It should be noted that self-treatment is inappropriate here, the methods of traditional medicine can be used only as additional measures to the basic treatment, but it is important that they are necessarily agreed with the attending physician. Details about the disease, see video 3.
Timely detected rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) is treated with the help of complex therapy. Thus, it is possible to suppress streptococcal infection, as well as to eliminate the inflammatory process. In addition, a specially targeted treatment package can prevent the development and progression of such a serious disease as heart disease.
The main complex of treatment of rheumatism includes several stages: a) treatment in the hospital, b) additional treatment in the sanatorium, c) at the last stage the patient remains only to be observed with his doctor.
The first stage of treatment of rheumatism of bones includes taking medications prescribed by a doctor, adherence to a diet, regular exercise of medical exercises. LFK also appoints the attending physician, this should be remembered, since each exercise is selected individually, with an obligatory account of the characteristics of the disease. In this case, first of all, the severity of the defeat of the heart is taken into account( video 4).
Based on the fact that rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) in most cases has a streptococcal nature, the first stage of treatment includes the use of penicillin.
- The patient is prescribed antirheumatic therapy, which is performed with the help of an anti-inflammatory drug. This takes into account all the patient's indications.
- Antimicrobial therapy based on penicillin. Typically, the course of its use is from one to two weeks.
- If the patient has rheumatoid arthritis, tonsillitis, which is chronic, or if there are frequent exacerbations of the infection, the course of penicillin is prolonged, in some cases, other antibiotics are prescribed: amoxicillin, macrolides, cefuroxime, aksetil. The dosage of the drug is determined by the attending physician.
- The use of NSAIDs should be at least one month, mostly stopped when suppressing acute symptoms of the disease.
- In most cases, the patient is prescribed prenisolone. Before rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) becomes less pronounced, the drug is taken in an increased dose, together with the elimination of acute symptoms of the disease, dosage is also reduced.
- The complex of treatment includes quinoline preparations. Their reception is longer, depends on how rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) manifests itself.
Among other things, inpatient treatment includes combating chronic foci of infection. In some cases, tonsillectomy may be required. But such an operation is appointed only in extreme situations.
The second stage of treatment of rheumatism is aimed at restoring the functional capacity of the cardiovascular system. Continuation of treatment during this period is spent in a sanatorium. In this case, special attention is paid to the foci that caused a chronic infection. In these conditions, regular medical-physical exercises are conducted, and hardening procedures are undertaken. All these methods effectively affect the treatment of the disease, rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) is gradually receding.
The final stage of treatment of the disease is aimed at preventing recurrent diseases and at preventing rheumatic fever. For this, the patient is prescribed medications containing penicillin and having prolonged action. For example, the reception of bicillin-5, which is beginning to be administered even during treatment in the hospital.
It is important to understand that periodic inspection( at least 2 times per year) is a prerequisite. In addition, do not forget about special physical therapy. If the development of rheumatism did not manage to hit the cardiovascular system, bicillin prophylaxis is enough for 5 years( after the last exacerbation of the disease).
In autumn and spring periods, treatment with bicillin is recommended to be combined with NSAIDs, the course of therapy is determined by the attending physician, in most cases it is not more than one month.
In order for rheumatism( rheumatoid arthritis) to not relapse, it is important to carry out special procedures aimed at prevention. Prevention is divided into two main stages: a) primary, b) secondary.
One preventive measure is aimed at increasing immunity, which is carried out by full and proper nutrition, hardening, rest, exercise therapy, etc. Other - determines and treats streptococcal infection.
Primarily, prophylaxis is necessary for people with chronic tonsillitis, those who often have a nasopharyngeal infection or have had an infection of streptococcal nature. In order to prevent relapses and prevent the progression of rheumatism, it is necessary to apply secondary prevention.
What are the forecasts?
To date, correctly and timely therapy allows you to effectively cure the primary signs of heart disease and prevent further development of the disease. One condition is compliance with all the recommendations of the attending physician.
Rheumatism - treatment
Rheumatism is a common disease that affects the connective tissues of the joints. Most often accompanied by seasonal exacerbations and disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system.
Causes of rheumatism
Appears due to streptococcal infections, poor heredity, slagging of blood due to improper diet. The disease can be an exacerbation of scarlet fever, transferred "on the legs" of angina, pharyngitis.
Diagnosis of rheumatism
In the laboratory it is quite difficult to determine the rheumatic cause of pain.
There are a few diagnostic options but they are quite complex:
- analysis for the presence of Group A streptococci;
- hematological analysis( blood biochemistry) for the presence of rheumatism in the acute phase.
Most often, the diagnosis is made due to clinical signs of rheumatism. To laboratory methods resort very rarely.
You can see violations when performing:
- USD of the heart;
- ECG( manifested in violation of the heart rhythm);
Treatment of rheumatism
When the disease worsens, bed rest is recommended, and sometimes - hospitalization for several weeks. How to treat rheumatism is decided only by a doctor, combining medicamental therapy with folk remedies or procedures that can be done at home. The most commonly prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs along with glucocorticoids "Prednisol"
Additionally, depending on the situation, antibiotics penicillin group with immunostimulants "Histoglobulin" are prescribed.
The main cure for rheumatism is sleep and rest, proper nutrition. To avoid the consequences of the disease, physiotherapy is used. Warm spots with UHF lamps, electrophoresis, radon and ozone baths.
Treatment of rheumatism with folk remedies is recommended in conjunction with drug therapy, under the supervision of a doctor. Thanks to home procedures you can remove puffiness when exacerbating, dull pain, remove strong inflammation by natural means.
The main recipes of traditional medicine in its composition have a lemon. It helps to remove inflammation, use its juice and peel. Also effective are: infusion of birch buds, animal fat( bear, nutria, badger).
How to cure rheumatism completely, without relapse - has not yet been studied. Very often the disease begins to appear with new strength in the off-season, after a cold, flu, and an exacerbation of heart diseases.
Ointment for rheumatism
Ointment for rheumatism can be prepared at home - this will require:
- dry mustard.
This agent has a local effect, relieves acute pain and inflammation.
Prevention of rheumatism
Prevention of rheumatism is divided into the main and secondary:
The main prevention means the prevention of the disease:
- increase immunity, temper the body, monitor the nutrition, rest;
- timely treatment of streptococcal infections.
The auxiliary should direct all forces to prevent relapses of rheumatic attacks.
The diet for rheumatism involves the reduction of allergens in foods, the removal of inflammation, the correction of metabolic disorders,reduces the harm from medications.
Nutrition for rheumatism is prescribed taking into account the propensity to kidney diseases, problems with the gastrointestinal tract, circulatory disorders or metabolic processes of the body. It is recommended to pay attention to bread without salt, vegetable soups, dairy products( especially cottage cheese and hard cheese), cooked in a double boiler, diet meat and fish, cooked fruits and vegetables, cereals, compotes.
It should be excluded from the diet of spices, spicy food, canned food, legumes, liver, fried meat and fish, cocoa, coffee, confectionery, baking.
Rheumatism of the legs: signs and treatment
Quite often people can hear this expression: "Something pains have probably hurt rheumatism," which is not surprising given the prevalence of the disease. However, one must understand that many other factors can cause painful pain in the lower limbs, so only a doctor can make a correct diagnosis. Rheumatism of the legs - what is there to be afraid of?
The term "rheumatism" is rarely used now, and it was replaced by the expression "acute rheumatic fever", which is accompanied by joints, central nervous system, heart damage, etc. Streptococcal bacteria, which is the causative agent of the disease, chooses the main zone of localization not in the joints, namelyinternal organs.
Rheumatic joint damage almost always turns out to be short-term and reversible, while a violation of the heart leads to a serious blemish, so the main medical emphasis should be on the heart and the central nervous system.
As for the main symptoms characteristic of rheumatism of the feet, the brightest ones are reddening of the skin and swelling of the joint, and also a rise in temperature. Sometimes you can see shiny skin. The pain is usually sharp and short-term - it can occur instantly in different parts of the joint for just a few seconds, but during such an attack it is very difficult to walk or stand.
Laboratory parameters of foot rheumatism
It is only possible to make a correct diagnosis by examination and laboratory tests. The main signs of rheumatism look like this:
- in blood increased the content of C-reactive protein;
- increased ESR( sedimentation rate of erythrocytes);
- detection of cardiac dysfunction by ECG and EchoCG;
- detection of antibodies to streptococcus.
Only a combination of these indicators can talk about rheumatism, but if only one criterion was confirmed, then you need to look for another disease. For example, the presence in the body of antibodies to streptococcus only says that a person is a carrier of a bacterium, but it can be in a dormant state, and joint pains are caused by some other ailment.
Stages of treatment of foot rheumatism
If the diagnosis is correct, then urgent treatment should be prescribed so that the internal organs do not become irreversible. Usually, doctors conduct the treatment course in three stages:
- I - inpatient treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs with the introduction of Bicillin to prevent rheumatic relapse;
- II - outpatient monitoring with the use of NSAIDs and drugs prescribed individually on the first stage of treatment;
- III - symptomatic and preventive treatment( it is advisable to visit a spa resort).
In addition to medication courses, folk remedies can be shown. But they should be used only with the permission of the doctor.
Rheumatism of the legs: symptoms and treatment
Symptoms that are characteristic of rheumatism:
- The pain syndrome of a different nature depends on the severity of the course of the disease - quite intense, but in duration, short-term, may abruptly appear in different parts of the joint and instantly disappear;
- swelling and redness in the affected area, the skin glosses;
- increased body temperature, namely, the skin over the joint becomes hot to the touch;
- is the most dangerous clinical picture - the gradual formation of heart valve defects. According to statistics, the first attack of rheumatism remains unnoticed, since it is practically not recognized, but when the main organ of human vital activity is struck - the heart, rheumatism immediately makes itself felt.
Causes of the development of the disease
We highlight the main causes of this disease:
- bacteria penetrating into the joints with blood;
- is an allergic reaction of the body to toxic substances.
Treatment of foot rheumatism, first of all, should begin with the elimination of factors that cause rheumatic ailment. If the diagnosis of rheumatic fever is established, the treatment includes inpatient and dispensary observation. The main methods of treatment of the disease include the following:
- The first stage - inpatient treatment of a patient with anti-inflammatory therapy. To prevent recurrence, the drug is administered with bicillin.
- The second stage is characterized by a decline in the manifestation of the rheumatic process, the patient's condition is improving and it is already observed in the polyclinic at the place of residence under the supervision of the attending physician. Rheumatologist continues treatment with NSAIDs, which were individually selected at the first stage of therapy.
- The third stage includes prophylactic treatment, in which the patient is assigned to sanatorium-resort treatment of the cardiac or rheumatic area through symptomatic therapy.
Areas of damage to rheumatism.
Bone rheumatism often affects during periods of seasonal exacerbations, and it passes in a non-latent form, with its joint loses its motor activity, the bones become porous, and there is a deficit of minerals. Repeated rheumatic attacks are more severe, which affects the patient's ability to work.
Disease rheumatism often occurs in young people and in children , namely, the risk group includes the female half. It should be noted and the fact that rheumatism also introduces a hereditary imprint.
Timely provision of medical care for rheumatism and properly directed treatment will help at least forget for a while about the disease, and if you are self-medicated, rheumatic attack can strike:
- muscles and heart valves - rheumatic carditis,
- peripheral nervous system - neuritis and sciatica,
- centralthe nervous system is the origin of chorea.
Rheumatism of leg joints is a disease not of an epidemic nature, but the causative agent is streptococcal infection, refers to an epidemic. With this ailment, pain and swelling of the joints of the legs also cover a number of other small and large joints.
To prevent rheumatic disease, the following preventive measures should be taken:
- active hardening;
- compliance with bed rest during periods of exacerbation;
- balanced and nutritious food, a restriction in the consumption of carbohydrate foods and salt;
- suppression of supercooling.
- The last articles
The disease is an inflammatory pathology of connective tissue, which is mainly localized within the cardiovascular system.
Rheumatism is a disease that develops, as a rule, against the background of an exacerbation of a certain infection in people with an increased degree of predisposition to such pathologies. Rheumatism most often affects children, as well as adolescents( the age range is seven to fifteen years).
The main factor that causes the appearance of rheumatism is hemolytic streptococcus( group A).It often affects the upper respiratory tract and provokes joint rheumatism.
The condition for the development of the disease is the presence of streptococcal infection in the nasopharyngeal zone or untimely, incorrect treatment. A confirmation that the etiology of rheumatism is directly related to streptococcus is that rheumatism often develops and spreads at the first stages of the formation of so-called "closed collectives".
The pathology of leg joints is due to the presence of a significant number of toxins and antigens that affect the connective tissues, causing complications of rheumatism.
Streptococcus infection plays an important role in the occurrence of age-related rheumatic carditis. In this situation, immunity does not work, and this, in turn, serves as a reason for finding other factors that fit into the problem of rheumatism: etiology.
In the situation of resolving the issue of the origin of rheumatism, there are two main aspects:
- the role of group A streptococcal infection;
- study of the predisposition to the disease with rheumatism of the joints of the legs.
To develop chronic rheumatism, a subjective, increased immune response to streptococcal type antigens is required, as well as the extent of this reaction. This is evidenced by some signs of rheumatism of the joints of the legs with a dynamic study of antibodies to streptococcus.
The mechanism of starting the disease begins with the effect on the body of bacteria - beta-hemolytic streptococci( group A).They can provoke:
- sore throat;
Chronic rheumatism occurs only when the patient has defects associated with the functioning of the immune system. So, statistics show that only from 0, 3 to 3 percent of people who have suffered infectious diseases caused by streptococcus( photo), subsequently face rheumatism.
Rheumatism of the joints of the legs is characterized by the presence of risk factors that should be considered:
- the presence of rheumatism or diseases affecting the connective tissues of family members of the first degree of kinship - sisters or brothers. Parents;
- belonging to the female sex;
- age range from 7 to 15 years;
- regular infections in the nasopharynx, streptococcus;
- rheumatism of the legs arises due to the presence in the human body of a specific protein - B-cell marker type D8 / 17.
Rheumatism in children affects the joints of the legs, when when streptococcus enters the body, it begins to fight the infection with the development of special antibodies. Cells recognize bacteria through molecules that are on their surface.
In the presence of predisposition to rheumatism, in the cardiac muscle there are structural units similar in structure to streptococcus.
Chronic rheumatism is associated with an attack of antibodies of "native" cells of the body. So there is an inflammatory process, develops rheumatism of the joints of the legs. The connective tissue can be deformed - heart defects develop, the morphological structure of the joints changes, and rheumatism arises.
There is a definite classification of rheumatism, several types of disease are distinguished:
- Polyarthritis, it is also articular rheumatism. Often affects the knees, elbows, shoulders, rarely - toes and hands. The acute form of the disease is characterized by swelling, the presence of an inflammatory process in the zone affected by rheumatism. Sweating, general weakness in the whole body, elevated temperature can be observed.
- Rheumatic carditis is another type of rheumatism;is manifested by the presence of a general intoxication of the body, heart pain of varying intensity, tachycardia may manifest itself.
- Rheumatism is fraught with the appearance of lesions of the smallest vessels in the brain, a disease called rheumatic chorea. The main signs - the violation of coordination of movement, psycho-emotional disorders.
- Classification of rheumatism involves the isolation of skin manifestations of diseases. These are specific nodules and erythema.
- Rheumatic pleurisy - severe pains in the chest area are observed, respiratory activity becomes more difficult. The temperature can rise, there is a cough and shortness of breath.
Initial signs of rheumatism appear several weeks after the patient has transferred any infectious disease - for example, pharyngitis or sore throat.
At first the patient experiences weakness, joints begin to ache, hyperthermia is observed.
Rheumatism in children can develop in a latent form: so, a small fever can rise, there is a slight general malaise, cardiac work is not broken, joint pains are absent. In such cases, rheumatism of the joints ends with chronic arthritis. Rheumatism in children affects the middle, as well as large joints. There are such signs of the disease:
- pain in the drains;
- tingling in the elbows and wrists;
- pain in the knees.
Rheumatism of the joints can have blurred symptoms - they then disappear, then reappear. Nevertheless, you can not relax - rheumatism in children should be diagnosed in time and appropriate therapy is prescribed.
Additional signs of rheumatism - pronounced problems with the heart: the pulse may be disturbed, irregularities in the rhythm are observed, the heart hurts. Also, the patient may experience shortness of breath, there is general weakness, increased sweating. These symptoms are caused by the inflammatory processes that are observed in the heart - rheumatic carditis. The consequence of the disease is heart disease.
In the case when rheumatism affects the nervous system, the patient may experience involuntary jerking of the limbs, as well as muscles of the face and neck. This symptomatology was called small chorea. There are signs on average in 15% of patients. Basically, these girls are from 6 to 15 years old.
Rheumatism, diagnosed only in clinical settings, is subsequently subject to a thorough correction by a rheumatologist.
The rheumatologist performs a complex of necessary measures with the help of which diagnostics of rheumatism is carried out. Most often, he undergoes a comprehensive comprehensive examination of the patient.
The first appointment is a general analysis of the blood composition for inflammation. The second is an immunological study aimed at revealing substances characteristic of rheumatism.
Additional technologies - ECG, X-ray. If necessary, to identify rheumatism, arthroscopy, articular biopsy, puncture for the subsequent study of the composition of fluid in the joints is prescribed.
The first stage is indicated by antibiotic therapy. Anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed. If the case is severe, the rheumatologist prescribes corticosteroids.
Prevention of rheumatism in children includes:
- gymnastics and physiotherapy;
- lifestyle correction( in particular, day regimen and nutrition);
Classification of drugs that are issued by a rheumatologist when a disease is detected, is as follows:
- antimicrobial agents;
- anti-inflammatory drugs.
The basis for the optimal treatment of rheumatism is such a consistent mechanism: the clinical stage - procedures at home and in the office of a doctor - rheumatologist - spa therapy.
First, special anti-inflammatory therapy is carried out, rehabilitation is carried out, then the patient is sent to a specialized medical sanatorium, intended especially for patients with rheumatism. At the third stage of therapy - medical examination. The procedure sets itself such functional tasks:
- activities aimed at the final fight against rheumatism;
- the implementation of symptomatic treatment for circulatory dysfunction in those patients who suffer from the presence of heart defects, their possible correction;
- rehabilitation period;
- preventive measures.
Prevention of rheumatism and its treatment at home - the task is quite feasible. There are several effective recipes designed to combat the disease.
- A couple of peeled large bulbs are cooked for 15 minutes in a liter of water. The drug is taken in the morning after awakening on an empty stomach, before going to sleep. Dosage is a glass. Good prevention of rheumatism.
- To the aching joints of the feet, a fresh grated onion is applied for no more than half an hour. Periodicity - several times a day.
- Rheumatism in children is susceptible to the treatment of raw potatoes. To do this, you need to double fold any fabric, in the middle of which is placed a potato gruel. The compress is placed in the affected area of the joints of the legs. From above it is necessary to cover the area with something warm. The procedure is repeated every two days.
- Children's rheumatism responds well to a combination of taking potato juice and an external compress from this root. The procedure should be carried out within a month.
- Broth, cooked potato peel, is suitable for making compresses that are applied to joints affected by rheumatism.
Herbal preparations for the treatment of foot joint rheumatism:
- At 10 grams of St. John's Wort, one glass of warm water is needed. This mixture should be boiled for half an hour on a small fire. A remedy for rheumatism is taken during the day before meals( at a time - a third of the container).
- Leaves of cowberry in a jar, top up with water, insist. The drug is taken twice a day for two teaspoons.
- For two small spoonfuls of blueberry berries you should take a glass of boiling water. Infused broth for half an hour. Take the remedy several times a day on a large spoon.
Timely diagnosis of rheumatism of the joints of the legs, as well as its qualitative prevention and treatment, allow to minimize the negative consequences to which the disease leads.