Rules for self-massage for arthrosis of the knee: video
Arthrosis - inflammation of the joints, causing intolerable pain. This disease leads to dystrophic changes in articular cartilages, which cause a smoothing of the contours of the joint. There is atrophy of a number of large muscle groups located, the amplitude of movement decreases. On examination, seals in the tissues are possible. In large joints: hip, ankle, knee - the pathological process develops, and small joints also undergo destruction.
Causes of joint damage can be:
- Permanent sport activities.
- Flat feet.
The disease can arise from unstable metabolism, the malfunctioning of cells.
With the help of self-massage, everyone can stop the inflammatory processes of the knee joint, thereby improving their state of health. These steps are aimed at affecting the aching joint and the ankle muscles located near the knees. As a healing method self-massage is irreplaceable. But not everyone has the opportunity to go to the masseur.
Therapeutic massage tasks
- Anesthetize an inflamed place with a resolving effect.
- Slow down the degeneration of the process.
- Recover lost joint function.
- Promote the recovery of the whole body. Trituration with arthrosis of the knee joint is done from the hip, then go to the tibia with the foot, finding pain points.
The effect of massage on painful joints
Massage is performed to reduce the pain threshold for arthrosis of the knee joint, and also:
- Improve blood and lymph circulation in affected areas, fill foot tissues with oxygen.
- Create hyperemia.
- To stop atrophy of muscle groups.
First the drumstick is massaged and only then the knee joint. To start the massage you need circular strokes, then pat on the skin, hold flat kneading. Complete the process with passive and active movements, stroking the knee. Where there is swelling, increased soreness, you need to gently knead the skin, and then the subcutaneous layer.
Self-massage for knee joint arthrosis provides for different effects:
- Stroke( planar, pinching).
- Razirat( rectilinear, circular movements, spiral).
- Mash( press, shear, stretch).
- Finger shower( beading), sawing.
Basic rules for the massage
Self-massage is performed on an empty stomach. Eat a piece of chocolate or sugar after the end of the massage, then hold gymnastics. Rest after 2 hours. At this time, do not drink or smoke.
Specialists recommend doing self-massage in the bathroom, under the shower at 36-38 ° C.This enhances metabolic processes, normalizes sleep. Massage is carried out until two in the afternoon, as the procedure tones up the body. You can use rubbers and ointments. Self-massage is performed in the bathroom with a sponge, a brush.
Massage movements with acute arthrosis of the knee joint are performed with caution, without causing pain, leaving no bruising on the body, without disturbing the skin. Warm up the skin vigorously until a warm sensation appears. Do not rub lymph nodes. It is best to self-massage with clean, warm hands.
All massage movements should be directed towards the popliteal fossa. After the massage, make a few folds of the knee joint. The process is completed by gentle stroking. Begin to knead the largest muscle of the hip, move from the knee to the top of the inguinal fold, the lymph node.
For severe arthrosis of the knee joint, massage is performed:
- hips in front and behind,
- of the knee joint
- of the lower leg and in the front,
- of the ankle,
- of the toes.
An improper self-massage will do harm.
A warm-up for arthrosis of the knee joint is a mandatory medical procedure. Quickly remove the sharp pain can be, knowing the effective techniques of self-massage.
Carrying out a quality workout
Massage is a real rescue measure for people with arthrosis. If the massage of the shoulder and hip joints causes difficulties, then the knees are massaged with ease. It is necessary to sit down on an armchair, relax and bend a leg in the knee. Begin gentle stroking, then go to the kneading movements. The therapeutic procedure is carried out for 15 minutes approximately four times a day, sometimes a 2-time 10-minute self-massage is enough. When warming up, the pain forces you to stop the procedure and lie down for a while. If you still have questions about how to properly perform massage movements of the knee joint, video 1 will be very useful.
It is recommended to warm up the movements with arthrosis of the knee joint while sitting and starting them with grinding. At the moment of self-massage, work with half-bent fingers, pads( for rectilinear, circular and zigzag motions), the base of the hands, the movement of the four-finger pads, the movements of the phalanx with bent fingers in a circle, the knuckles of the cams, and the ribs of the palms. Work should be, repeating the therapeutic movements up to three times. The massage session should take up to 15 minutes. This warm-up for knee joint disease is sometimes performed twice a day. In this case, one session is reduced by 10 minutes.
Video 2 clearly demonstrates the slowing down of destructive processes after treatment.
- Prevention of muscle atrophy.
- Improves metabolism.
- The source of important "building" amino acids appears.
- Slow down the processes of destruction of cartilage tissue and joints.
- The process of inflammation and swelling is suppressed.
- A long analgesic effect appears.
In the case of arthrosis of the knee joint to severe inflammation, a disordered effect on the joint may result.
- Extra weight increases the effect on the fragile cartilaginous surface. Excessive physical loads. Concerning the activities of athletes. Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is their occupational disease, as the joints wear out and are deformed due to constant loads.
Incorrect lifestyle, smoking and alcohol have a negative effect on the vascular part and arteries. Varicose veins increase the risk of developing arthrosis. Video 3 clearly demonstrates the consequences of the destruction of the joint.
Folk methods of arthrosis treatment
Here is another effective way to treat a sick joint. Sick knee with a warm warmer. Apply honey, make a few circular movements clockwise with your fingers bent into a fist. Then attach a fresh mug, close the joint with a warm handkerchief. Therapeutic procedure for arthrosis of the knee joint is done before bedtime. In two weeks you will relieve yourself of the pains in the joint forever.
To heal arthrosis of the knee joint, you can also do the following:
- Pork fat is rubbed into sick joints with the help of massage movements, the duration of the course is a month. The procedures performed will effectively protect the knee joint and it will not bother you.
- Method of curing arthrosis of the knee joint with sunflower oil. A little heat two dessert spoons of vegetable oil and before going to bed rub it into the affected joint. To forget about the disease, you need five treatment sessions.
- Salt bath. When pains, it is recommended to soar your feet in hot water, in saline with soda, 3 spoons. Massage the sole with your toes for about 20 minutes. Wear woolen socks, do not wipe your feet, go to bed. According to the teaching of oriental medicine, the fingers of the extremities are reflexively attached to separate internal organs, so their massage has a good effect on the functions of all body systems.
- Treatment with honey. The joint warms with a warm warmer. Half a tablespoon of liquid honey, heated on a water bath, is applied in a circular motion for about 20 minutes, gently rubbed into sore spots. Then it is necessary to cover a knee with a soft cloth, and from above to put something warm. Hold this compress for two hours, then remove the bandage and rinse with warm water. This procedure is carried out daily for two weeks.
In video 3 you can see the action of the compress, which saturates the joint through the surface of the skin with the necessary nutrients.
A burdock with birch buds has a dissolving effect, which improves the condition of the arthrosis focus. Strengthening blood circulation by massaging the skin improves the condition with painful arthrosis of the knee joint. Purified blood flow is considered the basis for the rapid destruction of the inflammatory process. With him comes the right food in the blood and all the slag contaminations go away.
With arthrosis of the knee node deposits accumulate, build-ups of salt are formed. This occurs when stagnant phenomena of internal fluids. Using a diet, herbal medicines, you can reduce the likelihood of developing arthrosis of the knee. Measures for prevention include daily walks, running( light jogging), practicing exercises, playing moments in clean air, self-massage.
Get rid of knee arthrosis with massage!Massage is a very effective tool for the treatment of arthrosis , because with the massage of patients the peripheral circulation improves, all limb tissues begin to be supplied with oxygen and nutrients. The massage has very simple tasks - to provide a resorption, analgesic effect, restore all normal functions of the joint and prevent the progress of the degenerative process.
Objectives of massage for arthrosis
• Overcoming the stiffness of the knee joint
• Reducing soreness in arthrosis
• Improving blood circulation and lymph flow in the damaged sites of the knee joint
• Prevention of the development of contractures and stiffness of the joints
• Improving the supply of all tissues of the hands and feet with oxygen, trace elementsand nutrients
• Prevention of atrophy of the muscles of the extremities
Massage is recommended to be done very carefully, slowly increasing and increasingload on the painful patch. Usually during the massage of the knee joint, circular and kneading movements are used with the palms( base), circular movements of the pads of the fingers, the same movements of the phalanges of the fingers( in the bent state), the knuckles of the compressed fist.
If treatment of posttraumatic arthrosis is prescribed, the massage should be performed carefully, under the supervision of a specialist and the first sessions should be very short-lived.
Of course, to do with arthrosis, massage of the knee joint should only be a graduate and knowledgeable person, with extensive experience so that there are no complications and painful sensations. But there are also techniques that everyone can do at home, the methods available to everyone. Their goal is to carry out preventive measures for arthrosis, as well as to remove pain and inflammation.
Here are some recommendations:
1. For arthrosis of the knee joint, the patient area is first heated with a heating pad. Then it is applied honey and massage the knuckles of the fingers in circular motions and only clockwise.
After that, you can attach burdock and close the joint with a warm cloth. This procedure is done at night, so that the heated and massaged joint rest for 7-8 hours.
Usually a course of 10 procedures done in a couple of weeks is enough. After that, the feeling of stiffness and pain should go away.
2. Massage with the help of fat: this method involves rubbing pork interior fat into the diseased knee joint, within a month or two. In order to remove at least the initial painful sensation, it will take at least 5 procedures.
Also, with massage often used various tinctures and ointments, which also need to rub in the affected area. If arthrosis requires urgent treatment of joints, ointments from the Adam root will quickly and effectively solve this problem. Also shown tinctures from it: for this, about 200 grams of crushed Adam's root should be poured half a liter of alcohol and insist two weeks( in a dark place), remembering to periodically shake. This tincture must be rubbed off the sore spots, and then covered with a woolen cloth.
3. Another great way is with sunflower oil. To do this, heat a couple of tablespoons of oil and rub it gently into the affected area and knee joint for the night. Usually, to remove a stronger Bole, you need about 5 everyday procedures.
Massage with honey - this recipe helps a lot of people. Before the beginning of massage for 20 minutes with arthrosis warm up the joint with a warmer. Then, half a tablespoon of honey is heated in a water bath until it becomes very fluid and fluid. Next, you should take honey and with careful circular motions for 15 minutes rub it into a sore spot. After this it is necessary to cover the area of the knee joint with gauze or bandage, and on top put a warm water bottle. All this construction should be kept for a couple of hours, and then remove the bandage and rinse the stained knee with warm water. The procedure can be performed once a day, during the crescent.
Self-massage is usually practiced after exercise therapy. As a rule, lfk with arthrosis of the knee joint is appointed by the attending physician. If you do massage once a day, the procedure will last 15 minutes, if two or three times in one day - then 10 minutes. It is important to remember that massage should not cause pain, but both feet should be massaged: both sick and perfectly healthy.
You can also use a vibrating mechanical massage, which, as it were, will supplement the effect of manual massage. Mechanical massage is especially effective if the muscle tone of the patient is very elevated. Vibration should be performed using a spike nozzle and a sponge. People with arthrosis of the knee joint need daily walks, with the permission of the doctor, of course.
With deformation changes in the joint, you can only go short distances and be sure to rest, sitting down. Also very effective is swimming, and best of all in an indoor pool with warm water. When swimming reduces the load on the joint, increases overall tone and improves well-being. Rowing and bicycle rides are also useful.
Moreover, a patient with arthrosis is contraindicated to lift weights, and with acute pain you can walk, only relying on a cane or stick.
Arthrosis is a chronic inflammatory process that affects the joints of the legs and hands. Arthrosis entails a degenerative dystrophic change in the morphological structure of the joints.
Treatment of pathology is carried out both in a conservative and traditional way, and at home. An integral part of therapy for the treatment of arthrosis is massage. Its main functions are as follows:
- absorbing effect;
- prophylaxis of the subsequent development of the degenerative process in the joints of the fingers and toes;
- joint work regeneration.
Depending on which limb is affected by arthrosis, the massage techniques used to treat it are also specified.
Massage with arthrosis of the knee joint begins with a non-intensive massage of the corresponding parts of the spine, after the specialist kneads the muscles of the thigh. Further applies such massage techniques as( video):
- easy stroking;
- more intensive rubbing of the palm of the hand;
- circular kneading first with your fingers, after - with both hands( longitudinal and transverse).
These techniques pursue several objectives:
- improvement in blood flow to the knee joint zone;
- intensification of tissue metabolism in the affected zone.
The next stage of massage:
- specialist starts to massage directly the knee itself, using the technique of continuous stroking( girth and planar);
- massage is performed by grinding, performed first in the descending, then - ascending direction, starting the knee joint zone;
- in painful areas specialist must rub with finger pads, palm base, and apply stroking.
A procedure performed in warm enough water( temperature about 36-38 degrees) is suitable for massage of the knee joint.
In order to properly perform a hip joint massage, the following sequence of actions should be performed( video):
- first light, non-intensive strokes in the lumbar region, after the masseur passes to the buttocks, then he must grab a small part of the femoral muscle;
- further with the help of the palmar fin should be squeezed, without resorting to pressure and a strong pressure on the region of the hip joint;
- now should go directly to the massage of the muscles of the hip itself - the procedure is performed using palmar bases, circular movements are performed with the fingers.
In a situation where the patient does not suffer from unpleasant and painful symptoms inherent in arthrosis of the hip joint, it will be advisable to use circular and intense intermittent rotations.
Massage for arthrosis of the hip should be done approximately once a day, and repeated each treatment should be five to seven times in three approaches.
For arthrosis of the ankle joint, the sequence of massage actions is as follows:
- intensive massaging and kneading of the toes;
- further - full foot massage;
- rubbing and continuous stroking of the foot and lower leg.
After preheating, it is necessary to pass to the massage of the ankle itself. For this purpose it is necessary to use such techniques:
- concentric grinding;
- stroking the zone of the ankle joint - grasping, gouging.
Ankle joint begins to be massaged from its posterior segment, then gently move along the Achilles tendon. Massage with arthrosis of the ankle always ends by kneading the caviar zone.
Massage of the joints of the hand and fingers is carried out when the patient is in the "sitting" position. At the same time, it is necessary to lower the forearm on the table, and fix the hand and fingers themselves. The hand is half-bent, relaxed. Methods of massage, which uses a specialist for fingers and hands:
- intensive grinding;
- easy circular stroking;
- various exercises - active and passive( extension, diversion, reduction of hands, their circular movements).
Features of the procedure
Focusing on the area affected by arthrosis, in particular the knee joint, when carrying out a massage - this is wrong. This process can only exacerbate the situation, causing an exacerbation of inflammation. If the patient performs the massage procedures of the near-articular region independently, then he needs to know how correctly the strength of the force is distributed:
- Begin a massage with arthrosis of the knee joint with rotational and stroking movements in the spine, while acting with fingers very gently.
- Next follows a more traditional massage of the lumbar region and sacrum.
- After such warm-up procedures, massage movements move to the hip joint area, with the same smooth transition to the knee zone.
- When the process is concentrated directly on the affected area, it is necessary to act initially gently - by stroking the knee, and then by tweaking movements for a greater intensity of the process.
- Complete the massage with arthrosis of the knee joint not at all in the knee joint region, but with measured kneading of the foot.
In order not to cause harm to your body, before independent sessions of the massage, it is worthwhile to visit specialized courses, learn all the basics of such skill, in order to be able to help yourself in the future. If this is not possible, then you can learn the basic rules of performing massage for knee arthrosis by video.
Tactical stages of the massage
With the help of a certain self-action on the affected area, one can qualitatively eliminate the pain that arises from arthrosis, thus relieving yourself of excessive intake of pain medications. Massage also improves blood circulation, thereby forming favorable conditions for high-quality nutrition of the joint joint.
The massage is carried out independently in the sitting position( for example, on a chair) so that the leg has a right angle bend. The hand from the side of the knee on which the massage is performed is located on the top of the joint, while the other is wound under its inner side.
Accessibility of the place( knee) for massage facilitates the procedure, so everyone is able to perform the appropriate procedures on a regular basis, in particular up to five times a day( one session lasting 10-15 minutes).Manipulation is carried out with the costal part of the hand, the base of the palm and the fingers bent into the fist( the comb).Movements can be active and passive, stroking and nibbling.
If there are uncomfortable feelings or sharp pains during the massage, stop the procedure. Pain can be caused by two causes: incorrect performance of a massage or an acute inflammatory process accompanying arthrosis.
Important! Massage movements are performed with the flow of lymphatic vessels, it is impossible to deviate from this direction.
Additional recommendations of
Often before self-massage it is recommended to take warm baths for warming up. Massage procedures can also be performed in water - this facilitates the patient's condition. The water temperature should not exceed 370С.
With the healing massage of the knee joint, oils and creams can be used - with a special composition, specifically for the treatment of this disease. Also used are devices that can create a vibrating effect( hardware technique), the nozzles can be in the form of sponges or thorns. But this method should be performed only by a qualified specialist.
Massage courses in Nizhny Novgorod. School of massage Dr. Kolpakov. Basic techniques. Educational video.http: //massage.nn.ruhttps: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = jRJ6yFmJwlw