Symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
Recently there has been an increase in the number of patients with spinal problems. Osteochondrosis is a disease of the spine, characterized by a disruption in the structure of intervertebral discs. And any part of the spine is affected. Symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis are painful sensations in the neck during head turning, headache, vision problems, sometimes pain in the shoulders, under the shoulder blades and numbness of the hands. At some point, the human body restores the damaged areas on its own, but one day there comes a time when compensating the thinned discs is no longer possible, this is an exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the cervical region.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Symptoms of exacerbation should not be confused with symptoms. Headaches do not always indicate the presence of an osteochondrosis of the cervical region. The cause of the headache may be stress, hard work. In fact, the symptomatology of the disease is different depending on the site that is affected.
In order to treat the exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis as efficiently as possible, it is necessary to clearly understand with which syndrome we are dealing:
- Cardiac syndrome is very similar to angina. The emergence of such a syndrome is associated with irritation of the roots of the large muscle of the breast. The patient for a long time feels paroxysmal pain, which becomes especially severe during coughing, sneezing or sudden head movements.
- Irritative reflex syndrome is characterized by acute painful sensations in the back and neck, usually patients say they feel burning. Such painful sensations make themselves felt usually in the morning after a night rest, during sneezing or sudden head movements. Pain can appear in the shoulders, forearms and chest.
- Radicular syndrome occurs if the nerve of the cervical region is jammed. Painful sensations cover the area from the neck down to the shoulder blades and in the hands to the very toes. Sometimes there are tingling or crawling.
- The vertebral artery syndrome is characterized usually by the fact that the patient has a headache, it seems as if he is pulsating or burning from the inside. Painful sensations extend to the occipital and superciliary area, whiskey, temechko. It becomes much stronger after excessive motor activity, as well as a long stay in one position. Such patients complain of hearing impairment, nausea, visual impairment. In rare cases, patients lose consciousness.
How to recognize an exacerbation of the disease?
Symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis can manifest themselves in different ways:
- Severe neck pains affecting the occiput, extending between the shoulder blades and the upper back. Basically, it occurs in the morning after awakening. The pain becomes stronger during movement, a sigh, a cough and laughter. This discomfort makes a person in a certain position. The person intuitively tries less to move arms and shoulders, and also deeply to inhale and exhale air. Often during an exacerbation patients complain of pain under the right rib, therefore it is confused with a heart attack, diseases of the digestive system. The head during the exacerbation is sore for a long time, there are dizziness, a drop in the functions of the eyes and ears, coordination of movements is disturbed.
- Skin sensitivity may occur. Patients say that the skin numbs, tingles, burns. Some people goosebumps. Visually, the skin becomes paler.
- The muscles of the arms, legs and neck are too tight. This can be caused by a general weakening of the body and irritability.
- Memory, attention and sleep can be disturbed. The person does not leave feeling of alarm, the emotional background is broken.
How to treat an exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the neck?
A person who knows firsthand about osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, should know how to relieve the exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis.
Treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
Every year more and more people are faced with such an insidious disease as cervical osteochondrosis. The way of life, low mobility, frequent stay in a sitting position at the computer are the first step towards the disease. Doctors already rightly consider this problem a disease of the century. And to doctors, as a rule, they start to address only in the period of its aggravation. Therefore, in medical circles today, treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis becomes especially popular. The first stage of such treatment will be the removal of painful sensations and inflammation. Only after the disappearance of pain, further treatment is possible.
In any case, the disease is easier to cure at the initial stage. Painful sensations in the neck, headache of a pressing, bursting or shooting character, pain in the shoulder are all symptoms of an exacerbation of the cervical osteochondrosis. If you are familiar with any hearsay from this list, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
The fact that the patient exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis is indicated by severe pain in the neck and occipital region, which gives to the shoulders and the scapula, sometimes in the hands and heart region. Usually such sensations arise in the morning after rest, and becomes stronger during movement, inspiration or coughing.
Some people think that this is a heart attack or other disease of the internal organs. In addition, the affected area can prick, numb, be too hot or cold. Patients feel irritability, lethargy, weakness, become anxious, they are disturbed by sleep, attention and memory.
Treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
The aggravation of this disease is best treated at the first stages before there are syndromes of more serious diseases, which can be the vertebral artery and cardialgia. The triggered illness will make itself felt by frequent headache and painful sensations in the zone of scapula and heart, and it will become chronic. In addition, if you do not pay attention on time, irreversible changes in the structure of the spinal column can occur.
Pain in the scapula and heart area is not always a symptom of cervical osteochondrosis. This may be an exacerbation of breast osteochondrosis. But to put the correct diagnosis and prescribe the treatment can only the doctor. Treatment of exacerbation of chest osteochondrosis, as well as in other cases, begins with the removal of the pain syndrome, only after that they start treatment with medicinal preparations and manual procedures.
The course of treatment involves neutralizing a severe attack of pain and increasing blood supply and metabolism in the affected area, as well as physiotherapy. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine with exacerbation begins with medication. Do blockade of the help of painkillers. This is necessary in order to relieve muscle tone and reduce pain.
Different medications of a class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as vitamin complexes, anesthetic drugs in the complex, are well proven. The next stage after the drug treatment is prescribed therapeutic massages, manual therapy, gymnastics, electrostimulation. It is important that the method is selected individually by your attending physician and the procedures are conducted under the supervision of a specialist.
Medication for exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis is cunning in that it first proceeds without pronounced symptoms. And still, if you notice that your head often often and persistently or you have pain in the heart area, you should immediately begin treatment for exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis.
The first help with severe pain can be the reception of spasmolytic drugs and the lubrication of the affected area with anti-inflammatory ointment. During an exacerbation, massage and gymnastics are prohibited. In such cases, immediately it is necessary to contact a specialist who will prescribe an anesthetic blockade and a set of medications. Only after pain relief, massages and other conservative methods of treatment are possible.
How to treat an exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
If you experience severe pain in the neck, if it becomes difficult for you to turn your head or just bend over lifting something from the floor, you must start to establish the cause of the problem, since osteochondrosis is or is not important. The main thing that needs to be understood is that a comprehensive review of the medical specialist is required, which will do all the necessary examinations, measurements and apply techniques that will ultimately help to understand which disease( or its aggravation) the person encountered.
If it so happened that you were diagnosed with an osteochondrosis at a clinic, it is very often necessary to follow certain methods of action, such as: avoiding sudden head movements, careful monitoring of the general health condition, certainPhysical exercises that can give training to muscles and vertebrae. Either way, many patients want to know how to treat an exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis, since this ailment, and especially its development, is a very unpleasant thing for the patient. And today our portal will help to understand this issue as carefully as possible.
In general, signs of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis should be discussed only with the availability of a qualified employee at hand. In other words, you, of course, can read our recommendations and general descriptions of the problem, but treat with advice and, even more so, self-medication is unacceptable. Remember that you need to contact experienced centers of medicine, where there will always be help along with the knowledge of each of the staff of the institution.
IMPORTANT: If you are faced with the presence of an exacerbation of the cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, it is suggested not to panic, accurately fixing the head with the trench collar( if there is none - just do not try to turn your head, as this will lead to unacceptable sensations of pain), then immediately make an appointment or take painkillers for a medical referral of the type "Analgin" or "Aspirin".This is what is at hand. In the pharmacy you will be able to tell in more detail what you need to buy to relieve pain and ease the general condition.
We treat exacerbation of the disease with the correct methods of
Today, the treatment of exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the cervical region should be accompanied by several points: first of all, it is necessary to understand exactly which area of the neck there is pain, then to curtail the department of the region and begin treatment. Next, you need to coordinate your actions with the medical representative. If you have a doctor's mobile phone, it is better to call him and follow his advice, because only in this case you can count on competent help in full. You can also read several thematic resources, the pages of which also have a lot of useful information.
Fig.: what organs are responsible for the spine
Symptoms of the osteochondrosis of the thoracic region
These signs most often "simulate" diseases of the internal organs.
So, because of such osteochondrosis a person can consider that he is sick:
- peptic ulcer;
- angina pectoris.
And sometimes the symptoms are so strong that there is a suspicion of pneumonia, myocardial infarction or a perforated peptic ulcer.
The main symptom of osteochondrosis of this department is back pain and one or two( less often) flanks.
This pain is acute, lasts a long time, intensifies with movements, coughing, deep breathing, becomes stronger at night.
There may also be a sensitivity disorder in the thighs, and if the process is observed in the lower vertebrae, next to the lumbar spine, bowel and bladder function( constipation or incontinence) may be impaired.
Symptoms of the defeat of the cervicothoracic
- Pain is not only in the neck, but in the arm. The hand is difficult to lift and retract. Sensitivity of the skin of the hand is reduced, muscle strength - too.
- Syndrome of staircase. There is pain and heaviness in the hand. Pain can have any characteristics( sharp, aching, cutting).It intensifies at night, when the head is tilted to the other side, with a deep inspiration, with the tap of the arm. Can give in the shoulder, armpit, half of the chest.
- Pain in the hand, which is strengthened by rotating the hand and flexing it in the direction of the palm. Muscle strength in the hand decreases. It's very painful to get a hand on the belt.
- Severe pain in the heart. It is easier when taking "Nitroglycerin" and "Validol" does not become. At the height of such pains, the ECG is normal.
- Syndrome of the vertebral artery.
What is a wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebrae? Look here.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis during pregnancy and after childbirth
Exacerbation of osteochondrosis during pregnancy is quite natural, since during this period the load is greatly increased, which is very difficult to distribute correctly.
In pregnancy, an enlarged abdomen serves as a load. If the exacerbation is not dull, then the birth will further aggravate the situation.
After giving birth, a woman also experiences a strong strain on the spine: she is carrying a baby, often she has to feed him and sway in an uncomfortable position.
All this causes an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, which occurs mainly in the lumbar or cervico-thoracic region.
Symptoms of a woman appear the same as those of non-pregnant women:
- if the process is in the lumbar region, the pain arises in the lumbar region, spreads to one or two legs, it becomes easier to lie;
- if the cervical osteochondrosis has become aggravated, the pains appear in the neck, give in the hand, which becomes difficult and painful to move;
Less common are radicular symptoms, but they can also occur.
It can rise( and then, only up to 37.5 degrees, no higher) if:
- has other symptoms of vertebral artery syndrome;
- has symptoms of spinal stenosis in which the spinal cord is located;
- is very rare - with lesions of the thoracic region.
In other cases, an increase in temperature( albeit against the background of pain in the spine) is a sign of an infectious process.
This is determined by the presence of persistence of severe symptoms.
Usually, under condition of treatment, it persists for 7 days. Less acute period lasts 2 weeks.
Nevertheless, active treatment of osteochondrosis of any department lasts 1-3 months.Is it possible to relieve pain in osteochondrosis with Kuznetsov's applicator? Read about this in our article about the application of the applicator Kuznetsov.
What contributes to the development of scoliosis in children? Read here.
What is the danger of protrusion of the intervertebral disc? See here.
The main thing - to properly provide first aid. For this, before the doctor comes, you do not need to unbend the bent patient. He needs help to reach the bed, and if he fell to the floor - do not lift it.
You can give a person anesthetic( "Ibuprofen", "Diclofenac", "Analgin").
Then comes the doctor, examines the victim, and decides where to get treatment - in the hospital or at home.
Treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis includes the administration of such medications:Anesthetics. They are prescribed not only to relieve pain, but also to reduce inflammation in the spine. These drugs are: "Indomethacin"( the most effective), "Diclofenac", "Ketanov", "Ibuprofen".
Photo: preparations for the treatment of osteochondrosis
For the treatment of osteochondrosis of other departments the same drugs are used, except for nootropics and vascular drugs( if the brain blood circulation does not suffer).
It is recommended to apply compresses from herbs to a sore spot.
So, healers say that if you moisten gauze in a warm broth from sage and mint( one and a half tablespoons of each herb for half a liter of boiling water), and attach to the spine, pain will pass.
Do not help, according to folk doctors, and products( bandages, vests) of canine or sheep's wool.
There are also such recipes:
- 1 tbsp.honey + 1 tsp.apple cider vinegar is bred in a glass of hot water, drunk during the day, for 3 hours;
- mummy crumble into olive oil, then pour the tincture of St. John's wort;a month is insisted;rubs the sore spot.
Video: folk methods of treatment of osteochondrosis
In osteochondrosis, only not in the active phase, you can apply all kinds of therapeutic massage( periosteal, point, hardware, canned and others).
It helps to improve blood circulation in the intervertebral discs, relax the pathologically strained muscles, activate the regeneration of nerves and so on.
The first 2-3 sessions should be more sparing, not cause any pain, or discomfort. Particular attention is drawn to the development of pain points.
The duration of the session should first be 8-10 minutes, then longer.
Treatment of exacerbation of lumbar osteochondrosis with massage gives a good effect when combined with warming procedures( solux, sand heating).Massages not only the lower back, but also the thigh.
This effect on biologically active points by various methods.
These points are drawn in special manuals, when pressing them, a person should feel some pain and aches.
Find and act on the points should a specialist - reflexotherapist.
Methods of Exposure:
Headache is often hot, paroxysm spreads from the occipital region to the entire posterior surface of the neck. Often, an attack occurs at night. Sometimes severe headache can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting.
Exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis can lead to dizziness, loss of balance, swaying.
Spotting symptoms are characterized by:
- appearing before the eyes of spots, asterisks, flies;
- pain in the eyes, which increases with the turn of the head.
The pharyngeal-laryngeal symptoms are rare. There may be:
- sore throat;
- decreased sensitivity of the larynx, palate, tongue;
- sensation of a foreign object in the throat, which causes frequent coughing;
- loss of voice.
On the background of the main symptoms there is increased fatigue, mood jitters, irritability, lethargy, sleep disturbance, memory impairment. Cervical osteochondrosis promotes defeat of the shoulder joint.
Treatment is performed only according to the doctor's prescription, it depends on the symptoms and stage of the disease.
Exacerbation of thoracic osteochondrosis
An attack of chest osteochondrosis may resemble symptoms in diseases of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, respiratory system. It is necessary to undergo examinations, after which appropriate treatment is prescribed.
A sudden acute attack of sharp chest pain, the so-called thoracic chamber. An attack can be caused by an uncomfortable posture, a prolonged performance of a monotonous work. It is associated with muscle spasm. Pain sensations are concentrated mainly between the shoulder blades and are so intense that a person is unable to breathe normally.
Sometimes the pain spreads along the ribs from back to sternum, the symptomatology is similar to intercostal neurosis.
An attack of chest osteochondrosis may resemble an infarction. The difference is the intensification of painful sensations in attempts to rotate movements and during palpation of the spine in the thoracic region. The cardiogram thus does not reveal any infringements, and reception of intimate or cardiac preparations does not bring simplification.
Exacerbation of problems in the thoracic spine may start sluggishly, gradually increasing. A strong spasm of muscles limits the mobility of a person. This condition can last several weeks. Pain intensifies during breathing, manifests at night in a state of rest, in the morning can be dulled.
The general symptomatology is very similar to pneumonia, but there is no cough and no temperature.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis are typical for a number of other serious diseases, therefore only the doctor should carry out diagnosis and treatment. Treatment should be aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease.
Lumbar spine: symptoms of the disease
The aggravation of osteochondrosis in the lumbar region is of three kinds.
The attack is characterized by a burning pain that occurs as a result of squeezing the nerve endings. It happens suddenly, after a long, monotonous work, when the muscles of the waist strain, after sudden movements, after the transfer of weights. People often can not straighten up, all attempts lead to increased pain.
The aggravation is characterized by a gradual increase. Aching pain turns into unbearable.
An attack occurs when there is inflammation in the muscles and connective tissues in the lumbar region. There is a pinching of the nerves of the lower parts of the spinal cord. Cramps and weakness can occur in the legs. Can be reflected on the condition of the hip and knee joints. Pain can move to the pelvic or inguinal area.
Similar symptoms are typical of diseases of the genitourinary and reproductive systems, so, of course, the treatment is done only under medical supervision.
So, the aggravation of osteochondrosis in the lumbar hotel is characterized by a number of general symptoms:
- limitation of the motor function of the lower back;
- muscle spasm;
- pain in the sacrum;
- pain along the external or internal surface of the thigh, over the back of the foot, can give to the shin or foot;
- numbness, impaired sensation, weakness, seizures;
- pain in the buttocks, as well as in the pelvic organs.
It is very important to closely monitor your condition, monitor the changes occurring in it. This is important for the correct diagnosis of the disease, then the treatment will be qualitative and successful. Symptoms of osteochondrosis may be poor, and acute attack and exacerbation are associated with a strong pain syndrome, sometimes unbearable. Do not bring yourself to such a state. When the first pains in the spine appear, consult a specialist. Treatment at this stage will make the process reversible. At later stages, doctors can only localize the attack and stop the course of the disease. If you do not start treatment on time, the case may end with a disability. Take care and appreciate yourself!
Author of the article:
In contrast to other types of osteochondrosis, the cervical is the most dangerous, because with the progression of the disease, an intervertebral hernia can form, which leads to pinching of the nerves and squeezing the artery feeding the brain. This, in turn, can lead to limiting the supply of the brain and to a stroke.
Causes of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
Aggravation can occur at any stage of the disease. This can be served by the following reasons:
- Prolonged physical activity, sudden head movements, lifting something heavy. One sharp or awkward movement can provoke undesirable consequences.
- Stresses, experiences. They also often cause an exacerbation, as when stress is disturbed the nutrition of intervertebral discs. Stressful conditions lead to an exacerbation of various diseases in the body, including cervical osteochondrosis, triggering unfavorable processes.
- Wrong massage. If you suffer from cervical osteochondrosis, choose a good specialist who knows his or her business, because a wrong massage can provoke an exacerbation. And even more so it is not necessary to trust a layman, with such an ailment one must take seriously the choice of a manual therapist.
- Subcooling, temperature changes. Differences can be caused by a bath or sauna visit. On the one hand, a person suffering from this disease, it is useful to warm up, but on the other hand, if you jump after a steam room in an ice pool or run out into the cold, the aggravation will not keep you waiting.
- Age changes. Over the years, the elderly are increasingly experiencing exacerbations of osteochondrosis, because their intervertebral discs have been significantly worn out.
- The started stage of the disease. If the disease is not treated and allowed to run, then sooner or later there will be an unpleasant exacerbation of osteochondrosis in the neck.
Symptomatic of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis.
Depending on the degree of development of the disease, completely different symptoms are observed:
- pain in the vertex, a decrease in sensitivity in this area;
- pain in the shoulder joint;
- pain from one side of the neck;
- sensation of heaviness in the tongue, numbness;
- breathing disorder;
- pain in the region of the heart or liver;
- when you move your head, you can feel crunches;
- numbness of hands, pain giving away in them.
So, the main symptom is pain, expressed, sharp.
When squeezing the vertebral artery( root syndrome), there is a rolling or falling headache, exerting pressure on the temples, eyes, there is noise in the ears, ringing, sometimes only one half of the head starts hurting, fog before the eyes, flickering dots, dizziness.
The aggravation of every single person can take place in different ways.
Treatment for exacerbation of
Treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis is performed only by a specialist.
If the exacerbation happens at home, then you need to immediately call a doctor, limit mobility, best to lie down, you can take an anesthetic. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs also help reduce pain and reduce inflammation in the discs.
The first thing the doctor will prescribe will also be painkillers. In order to restore cartilaginous tissue, slow down the process of destruction, improve its nutrition can prescribe long-acting drugs -hondoprotectors. They need to be taken a long time to avoid a relapse of the disease.
Muscle relaxants are used to relax the muscles. Along with these drugs can prescribe vitamins B, diuretics, vascular drugs and others.
The aggravation may take several days, or it may take several weeks. It all depends on the stage of the disease and how the treatment is started in time. If you do self-medication or do not treat cervical osteochondrosis at all, then the phases of exacerbation will manifest themselves more and more, and the periods of remission will become very short. Therefore, it is so important to have competent medical care and preventive maintenance of the disease.Back to index
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
After intensive treatment of the acute phase and the onset of improvement, do not relax. It is necessary to take measures to prevent further exacerbations. After all, who at least once felt all the "delights" of the osteochondrosis of the cervical department, just will not want this to happen again.
So, what do you need to do? First, find an experienced manual therapist and undergo a course of therapeutic massage. You must warn the masseuse that you have diagnosed cervical osteochondrosis. Often to find a professional in this field is not so easy. Therefore, approach this issue carefully. For prevention, such procedure as acupuncture is shown. If you do not have the opportunity to enroll in a manual therapist, you can do a light self-massage at home, but after consulting with your doctor, so as not to harm yourself.
Second, watch out for your food. The diet also matters in osteochondrosis. Include in the diet products with a high content of calcium and magnesium, exclude alcohol.
Third, change your lifestyle:
- Include in the daily routine curative gymnastics. There are special exercises aimed at strengthening the neck muscles, improving blood circulation, swimming helps well, it is better to refuse running.
- Walk more in the fresh air.
- If you have a sedentary job, you need to change position every 15-20 minutes, get up, warm up, watch your posture.
For prophylaxis, warming up is useful: bath, hot shower( only during remission).It is very good to buy a pillow and a mattress with orthopedic effect.
Symptoms and treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis
The main symptom is neck pain
Cervical osteochondrosis accounts for about a quarter of all cases of osteochondrosis. This is the most "young" osteochondrosis and quite often it affects people under the age of 30 years. The disease develops gradually, slowly but steadily progressing. The initial stage of the disease can occur without symptoms at all, and a random X-ray examination can reveal the disease. Symptoms and treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis are various.
There are two main causes of cervical osteochondrosis:
- The person's lifestyle today is inactive, and, unfortunately, this becomes the norm for many people.
- Food imbalance, alcohol abuse. It may seem strange, but exactly what we eat directly affects the state of our spine.
Exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis and its causes
Aggravation of the disease occurs at any stage of it. The reasons for this are usually:
- Abrupt movements, a lot of physical activity or lifting weights. Intervertebral discs react to this immediately;
- Stress and hassle. Very often stressful situations "awaken" the diseases hidden in the body and cervical osteochondrosis is no exception;
- Massage performed by a non-specialist. You have to warn about the illness of the masseur, otherwise you will have to pay for the consequences. To trust your neck and back follows only the competent masseur;
- Changes in weather or hypothermia. Osteochondrosis exacerbations often occur in the autumn;
- Hike in the sauna or bath. The desire to plunge into the icy water or hot to jump out into the frost should be forgotten, otherwise the osteochondrosis will immediately "thank" you with an aggravation;
- The elderly. Over the years, there is abrasion of the intervertebral discs, so the aggravation of the disease in an elderly person is not surprising and frequent;
- The neglect of the disease state. Exacerbations can not be avoided in any way, if the disease is not treated.
Symptoms of exacerbation of osteochondrosis
The main symptom is neck pain, but the symptomatology of the exacerbation varies, depending on how much the disease progresses:
- Pain in the area of the head.
- Reduced sensitivity of the skin in the parietal region.
- One half of the neck can be aching( as with migraines).
- Heaviness in the language.
- Pain in the foreleg and clavicle.
A particularly acute phase of exacerbation may be accompanied by malfunction of respiration, pain in the liver or heart. With the presence of a syndrome of the vertebral artery, there are undulating pains in the head, which especially "press" on the eyes, ears and whiskey. Another symptom of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis is the appearance of a characteristic crunch in the occipital region when the head is tilted or rotated.
Fog in front of eyes, flickering dots and specks may appear. Exacerbation may be accompanied by ringing in the ears and dizziness. Also, pain can spread to the hand with a possible weakening of the strength of the muscles. Pain can be felt in the fingers and hands.
is prescribed for relief of an exacerbation. First aid
Treatment for exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis should be prescribed by a professional. If the aggravation caught at the moment when there is no one near, you need to call a doctor. Before his arrival, it is necessary to limit oneself to movements, it is best to lie down. You can take painkillers( analgin, diclofenac, etc.).These medications will relieve pain and reduce inflammation in the spine. To relieve the aggravation the doctor will appoint chondroprotectors, which will help to stop the destructive processes in the disk. But take these medicines need about six months, and only then they can help to avoid the repeated exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Effective and muscle relaxants, which help relieve muscle tension. In addition, vitamins B and diuretics are prescribed.
The insidiousness of cervical osteochondrosis is that at first it can proceed without significant symptoms. But if you often have a headache, there are pains in the heart, these are the first symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis and it should not be too slow to begin to treat. In this self-treatment should be determined exclusively by a doctor.
Treatment of exacerbation of osteochondrosis begins with the appointment and taking of medications. It is done by anesthetizing blockade to reduce pain and muscle tone. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin complexes and painkillers and ointments for external use are prescribed. Massage and medical gymnastics during an exacerbation are contraindicated.
After the pain syndrome is neutralized, it is possible to begin treatment with conservative methods. With anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, the muscle tension is also relieved, so it is justified to use them only at the 1 st stage of the fight against severe pain. To get rid of pain permanently helps:
- Manual therapy.
- Therapeutic massage.
- Physio-and laser therapy.
In combination with drug treatment, these methods give an answer to the question of how to relieve the exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis.
In addition, there are folk remedies that help in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis. For example, compresses from horseradish sheet improve the blood supply to affected areas of the neck, cabbage relieves inflammation, and a mixture of propolis with dry mustard warms the pain area. Inward, you can take infusion on the root of celery, cooked in a proportion of 50 gr.per liter of water, 1 tablespoon three times a day for 2-3 weeks.
With sedentary work, you need to knead your neck, get up and move.
How to improve the effectiveness of the selected treatment
Regardless of which conservative treatment is chosen, the patient can always make it more effective. For example, if you know the technique of massage, you can independently, at home remove unpleasant pain. It should be remembered that in order not to harm yourself, all movements must be made from the top down, and the neck area is not subject to intensive influence.
It is best to do a therapeutic massage before going to sleep, so that the body could have a full rest. Most often for the treatment of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis during the massage, the areas between the occiput and shoulders, knobs behind the ears, side parts of the neck are kneaded. This massage should end with a shoulder massage with outside help.
Well activates the circulation of can massage. The effectiveness of this popular method is known and proven. Movement in this procedure should be smooth, start in the nape of the neck and end with shoulders, the spine should not be touched at the same time.
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
It is not a secret for anyone that any disease is easier to prevent than to treat it. In order not to wonder: how to treat an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, you need to adhere to some rules:
- It is better not to choose a soft bed for sleeping.
- The working chair should have a firm back.
- Do not stand in the same pose for a long time. In case of inevitability of this, you need to get up and move.
- Observe a distance of 30 cm from the book or computer monitor.
- Try to stay calm in all situations and avoid overexertion.
Knowing the causes of exacerbation of osteochondrosis and observing these non-complex recommendations, you can save yourself from painful sensations in osteochondrosis.
Remember that the exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis is successfully treated. The main condition for successful treatment is the proper performance of all appointments of a doctor. The complex of exercises that are prescribed will make the whole organism much healthier. Like any other disease, cervical osteochondrosis should be treated at the initial stages. However, if the disease has managed to hide and "show its claws" already in the process of progression, despair, too, should not be. The above tips will help you without fail, and you will know exactly what to do with exacerbation of osteochondrosis