The child has aching legs
Pain in the legs of a child is quite common, especially common in children aged 3 to 10 years. Sometimes it is difficult for children to localize this pain and it seems to them that the whole body hurts. Parents in no case should not leave such complaints without attention, because if a child has pain in his legs, this may indicate both a banal "growth disease" and symptoms of a more serious disease.
Why do children have leg aches?
- Most often, this is directly the age. The fact is that before the onset of puberty, a child's growth increases mainly due to the growth of the legs, especially the legs. Because of this, intensive growth and differentiation of tissues takes place in them, which requires increased supply of blood. The vessels that lead to the muscles and bones of the legs are wide enough, but up to 7-10 years they contain too few elastic fibers. It turns out that in the daytime, when the baby is actively moving, the blood circulation is normal, but at rest it slows down. That is why a child's legs and legs are aching at night. Most parents know that the pain recedes if the legs are massaged - massage stimulates blood flow.
- Another common cause is posture disorders and orthopedic problems. This is because, due to such problems, the gait is broken, the pressure falls on a certain area - joint, shin and so on. To exclude pathologies, regular checkups should be performed at the orthopedist.
- If the child often aching legs, this can be the result of various infections: chronic tonsillitis, adenoiditis and even caries. In addition, it is important to eliminate endocrine problems and consult with a TB specialist. It should be remembered that most of the blood diseases begin with pain in the legs.
- If the calves of the legs are affected by a child over the age of three, this may indicate a lack of calcium and phosphorus in the body or about that they are not well digested.
If the above problems are excluded by specialists and the child continues to be troubled by pain, it may be necessary to be examined for the presence of the following diseases that can provoke a similar symptom:
- Congenital heart and blood vessel pathologies.
- Congenital inferiority of connective tissue.
- Joint pain, accompanied by swelling and redness, may indicate septic arthritis.
- Acute pain in the anterior part of the knee speaks of Schlatter's disease, which is most often found in adolescents actively involved in sports.
- Also, the cause of pain may be stretching of the tendons, bruises, trauma.
Why a child has aching feet at night:
medical doctor's blog Why does a child have pain in the legsPublished August 25, 2011
It happens that the baby is absolutely healthy in the afternoon, and in the evening his legs begin to ache. Or he wakes up from the pain at night. What is this disease and how dangerous is it?
What are the reasons?
These pains are called growth pains .They worry not all the children of , and some pains are so weak that children just do not pay attention to them.
Until the end of their causes and mechanism of occurrence are not disclosed. One reason doctors believe is that bones grow quickly, and the muscular system behind them does not have time for , as a result muscles and tendons stretch, fit tightly to the bones and tighten the joints, which causes a feeling of discomfort. The intensity and localization of pain may be different: is more often the anterior surface of the thigh, shin or calf .Today one knee can hurt, tomorrow both ankles. Such pain can sometimes even bother a 3-year-old child, but is the most common among 4-9-year-old .
The pain of growth in the legs can be compared with the sensations after heavy physical exertion in the gym. Why does the hurt the legs exactly and at night ?During the day the child walks a lot, runs, jumps, participates in moving games, and thus the greatest burden falls on the feet.
In many cases, growth disorders can be caused by overstrain of tight muscles .The latter do not cause pain when children play or exercise, but begin to ache when they relax at night.
Need to distinguish pain of growth from muscle convulsions .Seizures are acute pain, usually in the calf muscle, accompanied by spasms. With cramps, as a rule, you can see muscle spasms. And with the pain of growth there are none.
As there is no certain periodicity of these pains. They appear for no apparent reason , then more often, then less often. Today the child gasps and gasps with aching pain, and tomorrow runs like nothing. Caviar can ponyt some evenings, and then cease, and the pain will repeat only after a month or a year. And they can disappear altogether.
When to see a doctor?
Pain in the legs in children can often be a symptom of a serious disease - of rheumatoid arthritis .It is necessary to consult a doctor if the pain is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- high fever;
- fatigue, loss of appetite and weight;
- the child began to limp;
- morning pain after waking.
After the doctor has excluded all serious, for example arthritis, you can try using various tools to find out which ones will suit your child and will help him with pain.
- Cheer the child with the soothing words .Pain scares children, even if its cause is simple muscle tension. Explain to the child that pain in the legs is caused, most likely, by overexertion, and that it will soon pass.
- Try rubbing with your hands .The pain associated with growth often disappears after a massage. Gently massage the baby's legs in the places where the pain is concentrated, until the baby feels better.
- Heat the sore spots of the .Heat can have a calming effect, especially if the source of pain in a child is muscle pain. A warm bath or warming compress will help relieve pain, but do not leave your baby unattended with a warming compress for a long time.
- Fight with pain. A mild painkiller can help a child.
Physicians note that out of home conditions attacks weak or discontinue .But in any case, with frequent pain in the legs, it is best to consult a doctor to make sure that everything is in order and the child is really just growing rapidly.
Prepared by Olga Tsibulskaya, April 6, 2011.The newspaper Zvyazda, the original in Belarusian: http: //zvyazda.minsk.by/ru/pril/ article.php? Id = 77218
happydoctor.ruHome & gt;Child Health & gt;Atypical symptoms & gt;The child has aching legs
The child has aching legs
Pain in the legs is not exactly a childish symptom, which, however, is common in small patients. To hurt a child's legs can for many different reasons. Some of them are completely harmless, but there are also those that require immediate intervention by the pediatrician.
Why do children have leg pain? Knowing all the possible causes of pain in the legs of your children, parents will feel more confident:
- The most common reason, strange as it may sound, is a young age. In children, bones and joints are just beginning to form. They grow quickly enough, and the body does not have time to provide them with nutrients completely. Most often, for this reason, the calves, legs and feet of the child are sick.
- In older children, painful sensations in the legs arise due to orthopedic pathologies: scoliosis, posture disorders, flat feet, Perthes and Ostud-Schlatter diseases - the most famous pathologies of the hip joints.
- Some babies suffer from congenital inferiority of connective tissues.
- Neurocirculatory dystonia can cause night pain in the legs in a child. Because of this diagnosis, babies do not sleep well. Dystonia is accompanied by symptoms such as headaches, discomfort in the abdomen and heart.
- Sometimes the toes' feet begin to ache on the background of an infection developing in the body. To cause unpleasant sensations in the limbs, even ordinary caries can be effective.
- In a particularly sensitive child, the legs can be aching due to strong emotional experiences and stresses.
- Congenital abnormalities of blood vessels cause insufficient blood supply to the extremities, which can be manifested by pain.
- Suddenly, the pain appears most likely to indicate a recent injury. Accompany the latter with inflammations, abrasions or swelling.
- With continued pain in the legs, the child should reconsider his diet. Symptoms can signal a lack of calcium and phosphorus necessary for normal development of bones.
What should I do if my child has aching legs and feet?
First of all, you should ask the kid that, in addition to pain in his legs, he is worried. It is very important to find out exactly where and how your legs hurt. After this, with a more or less collected picture of the problem, you can go to the doctor.
Sometimes, to get rid of pain, easy massage and rubbing is enough. With discomfort caused by the flu, the baby can give paracetamol. Sometimes for recovery may require more serious measures, including a medication course or physiotherapy.
a child has aching feet? ??
The most common cause of leg pain in children is the so-called children's age. It is during this period that there are a number of features of the structure of the bone, the musculoskeletal apparatus, the vessels that supply them, as well as the rates of growth and high metabolism. The child before the puberty increases the length of his body mainly due to the growth of the legs, and, most intensively, the feet and shins grow. Many parents know that it is worth stroking, massaging the child's legs, as the pain recedes, and the child falls asleep. And this is due to increased blood flow to the muscles of the legs, feet. Pain in the legs in children appears in the presence of chronic foci of infection in the nasopharynx - tonsillitis, adenoiditis, multiple caries. Therefore, it is important to sanitize the oral cavity in time, by visiting the dentist, ENT doctor. Pain in the legs with the involvement of the joints may be the first sign of rheumatism, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It can accompany endocrine pathology: diabetes mellitus, adrenal gland diseases, parathyroid gland, leading to disruption of bone mineralization. It must be remembered that a number of blood disorders begin with pain in the legs, knee and ankle arthritis. And in no case should you refuse to consult a phthisiatrician if the pain syndrome in your legs is accompanied by a positive Mantoux reaction( a sample for tuberculosis infection is administered to children annually).Very often, especially recently, leg pain, the so-called ossalgia, may occur in children with neurocirculatory dystonia in a hypotonic type, especially at night. There are many reasons, and they need to be clarified and eliminated if possible and necessary.
and his hands? ??
Angel in the flesh
hurt, everything can hurt
in order to find out the cause of the pain it is necessary to consult an orthopedist, donate blood, vitamins may be missing, or "the bones are stretched too fast"
My daughter is 5 years old and sometimes also complains of painin the legs. The doctor says that as long as the bones grow, it is possible, unless of course this is not permanent pain, then to the doctor
Natalia Bardaenko( Skvortsova)
Yes. With rheumatism.
yes, he is also a person
blood needs to be handed over first of all to rheumatic test
The child has leg aches at night. With what it can be connected?
Pain in the legs is a signal of weakened immunity. Often rub the legs of your hands 2-3 times a day you can and more.
STRENGTHENING ANTIMICROBIAL IMMUNITY
The indicator of weakened antimicrobial immunity, in mild cases, is the presence of a burning sensation and tenderness on the skin of the limbs that are revealed when we begin rubbing our legs or hands with the palm of our hands, or this burning sensation, the soreness is felt by itself, even withouttouching. Such level of weakened antimicrobial immunity will be accompanied by inflammatory processes in the larynx, throat, in the lungs, kidneys and.etc. The presence of aches and aching pain in the bones and joints of the legs and hands is already a signal about the strong suppression of antimicrobial immunity( rheumatism, polyarthritis, arthritis).To strengthen or restore antimicrobial immunity, you need to rub the base of your palm with the back of the hand and the outer area of the forearm to the elbow inclusive, rub your legs: foot on the leg, begin with the lifting of the foot, the shin, from all sides. We rub the knee joints, knead them between their palms. The rubbing is 1-2-3 per day and day after day until the burning sensation and soreness on the extremities disappear completely, and in the case of severely weakened immunity, until we get rid of the aches and pains in the bones and joints of both hands and feet. And this requires a local massage by the joint area. At elevated temperature, grinding should be done 8-10 times a day, spending on the entire massage of the limbs, at a time, about 5 minutes of time. What effect can you expect from such exposure at elevated temperature? First of all, this is a drop in temperature from high figures to 37.5 ° C and lower. The effect appears in just 20-30 minutes. Pain and aches can go away, too, in some cases, even after the first exposure, but that it will never appear again, in mild cases it will take you about two or three weeks to work with yourself. With a strong weakening of immunity, it will be necessary to work for this from 1 to 3 months. Daily rubbing of legs and hands on the effect of antibacterial exposure significantly exceeds the best, most expensive imported, of course, antibiotic of the widest spectrum of action and in this you can quickly see for yourself. Good luck to you.
Perhaps children's rheumatism! It is necessary to examine the child!
Or maybe just tired for the day. ...
pinch of nerve
Maybe he was ill with a cold and now a complication.
My legs are hurting from children's childhood. .. to my knees. .. it's only hurting when it's snowing on the street or my legs chilling. ... and the treatment is most likely only a doctor. ..
Full of happiness)))
this is urgent for the surgeon to take pictures, do not delay
Of course, the child should be better shown to the doctor, so as not to miss or eliminate the problem. And it also happens when a child grows fast. That is, the muscles do not "manage" for the bones.
DAMA with a dog
can have children's rheumatism and arthritis to be. ... or maybe complication. .
check if the child has redness of the eyeball, this can be a symptom of episcleritis, then the pain is rheumatic. Go to the rheumatologist.