Complex of exercises for flat-valgus setting of feet |The Club of the Keen Mom
The flat-valgus foot in the child: exercises and massageJanuary 23, 2014Marina Suzdaleva
How can you determine the flat-valgus foot of a baby? To do this, soak the baby's legs and put it on a sheet of paper. Then circle the outline and look at the resulting pattern - with a flat-valgus foot this will be the so-called "footprint of a snowman" when the arch of the foot is lowered and visible on paper, which does not happen with a healthy foot.
This diagnosis of the legs should be done periodically, so you can turn it into a game, dipping the baby's legs into a water-diluted paint and making color prints. But in any case, for an accurate diagnosis, be sure to visit an orthopedic physician.
I want to share a set of exercises that we do with my son. At the heart of the complex are exercises recommended by the instructor of the exercise therapy department of the children's polyclinic, as well as Olga Shestoperova, a specialist in pediatric medical massage, physiotherapy and exercise therapy.
The complex is recommended for a flat-valgus setting of feet. In this case, the knee joints of the child are connected in the form of the letter X, as a result of which the child rests on the inside of the foot when walking. Do not forget to consult your orthopedist before using this complex.
The first block of exercises is performed sitting on a hard low chair.
1. Roll a small elastic ball forward and backward and right-left alternately one and the other legs. Then click on the ball, roll it in a circle. We use hard and soft massage thorn balls for this exercise, which causes a storm of positive emotions in my Egorka.
2. Lay the fabric on the floor and collect it with your toes. Egorka tries to collect paper handkerchiefs.
3. Raise small objects from the floor and stack them in some container. We use tiny rubber figurines of domestic animals. I tell them about a fairy tale - for example, about how they walked, and then it started to rain - we need to help them hide in the house rather quickly, so as not to get wet. However, if the son begins to worry too much about the beast, he tries to put them in the box quickly with handles:)
4. Roll forward or back a rolling pin or stick of the appropriate size. We perform this exercise with a rolling pin, and we also twist the jagged wooden wheels of a special massager.
The next block of exercises is performed standing.
5. Walk on a gymnastic stick( we have a stick from a mop) sideways, so that the toes and heels touch the floor.
6. Squat, also standing on a gymnastic stick.
7. Walk along the gymnastic stick on the outside of the feet, as if wrapping it in foot.
8. Squat, holding hands, while the heels are connected together, and the socks are diluted. Knees bred in the sides.
9. Rolling from heel-to toe.
10. Walking on socks.
11. Walking "Christmas tree" - I mold on the carpet of leaves, so that Egorka stepped on them.
Harmonious development of the child in the system of the Marz Suzdalova
More 20 abstracts of thematic studies, seminars and e-books on the organization of educational games with children
Section is regularly updated!
12. Squat and go through a goose step - this exercise is not done yet.
13. "Crocodiles" - we hold the child by the feet, and he goes on his hands.
14. To rise on a step( one leg is on a step, the second one is raised and lowered back).As a step we use a children's podstavku from Ikei.
The last block of exercise is done lying down or sitting on the couch / bed.
15. The child is sitting on the couch with straight legs. We bring a finger to the foot under his fingers, and he tries to grab our finger.
16. Bending the feet to yourself - from yourself with overcoming a small resistance.
17. Raising the stops to the sides( hold for a short while and return to the starting position)
18. Semicircular rotation of the feet to the sides.
19. With one foot, pat the other from the bottom up. I say: "The right leg is good. The left leg is also good, "and Egor is happy to perform this exercise.
20. The child lies on the back - we make a bicycle( the child presses his legs on us, that is not passive movement).
21. Our favorite exercise. Lying on his back, legs bent at the knees, heels together, socks apart. With one hand, hold the foot in this position, with the other hand we roll the machine: "Bip-beep! Give way! ».The child should raise the pelvis and briefly stay in this position so that the car can pass under it.
22. The legs are straightened, hold the child by the arms, lightly helping him lift the hull and lie down.
23. We turn over on the stomach and again, holding hands behind our back, we help to raise and lower the case.
24. The child lies on the abdomen, turn his feet with his fingers outward, hold in this position, return to the starting position.
25. The child lies on his stomach. With one hand, we hold the child by the buttocks, we bend one leg in the knee and set aside and up( "frog"), lightly press the pelvis, lower it. We repeat from the other side.
Download this checklist to remember to carry out all the exercises of the complex.
►Buy the simulator from the bones on the legs.► Do exercises for feet with valgus deformation and get rid of cones.
Warning! The greatest effect is achieved when the simulator is used together with a night bandage. Before going to sleep, carry out a set of exercises with a simulator, and then immediately wear a night bandage and go to bed. The therapeutic effect will be much higher due to the fact that your muscles and ligaments will be warmed up, and blood circulation is strengthened.
How do you do leg exercises using a simulator?
- Fixation and slow easing. Pull the elastic band and hold for 10 seconds, then slowly loosen the tension and return to the starting position. Rest for another 10 seconds and start over. Do 15-20 such repetitions.
- Folding and unbending of fingers. In sitting position, heels on the floor, the forefoot is raised. Stretch the machine and lock it in this position. Drag your thumbs up and then also pull downwards( bend your fingers).Do the exercise for 2-3 minutes.
- Rocking to the sides. In sitting position, heels on the floor, the forefoot is raised. Stretch the machine and fix the stops. Do springing movements to the sides as if swinging the legs with a small amplitude.
Do not overdo it. Listen to your feelings. During the exercise, you should not experience pain or discomfort. Increase the tension gradually from one time to the next.
Features and specifications
The simulator is made of durable material, all seams are stitched with reliable nylon threads. All the materials of the simulator are hypoallergenic and do not cause skin irritation.
- Material: Elastic polyester and soft porous material
- Weight: 95 g.
- Manufacturer: PRC.
- Package Content: 1 simulator in the original packaging.
Simulator for the treatment of bone on the leg has long proven its effectiveness and is one of the most powerful methods of eliminating valgus deformation. The cost of this device is a mere penny, but the effect of the application more than pays for all the costs. Try it and you are a wonderful simulator!
Click the "Buy Now" button and get your order now!
Gymnastics and exercises from the bones on the legs
What exercises will help with the bones on the legs?
Valgus deformation is not only an aesthetic problem, when an outstretched bone appears on the side of the foot, but rather a serious orthopedic disease. If the time is not taken to treat pathology, it can lead to unpleasant consequences - joint arthrosis, flat feet. But when the "cone" on the foot is still small in size and pain during long walking is not so often pestering the patient, the disease can really cope with conservative methods - massage, wearing orthopedic devices( for example, Altus Pro), physioprocedures. In combination with the indicated methods, gymnastics with valgus gives good results.
And when no therapeutic method does not help, the patient is surgically eliminated. Until such a stage, valgus deformity is best not to be triggered - at the first symptoms of the disease one should immediately consult a doctor who will prescribe the right therapy!
What will the therapeutic gymnastics be useful for patients? What kind of exercises are experts advising?
Than gymnastics is useful in the treatment of valgus deformity?
Special exercises from bones on the legs are always prescribed by the orthopedist in the treatment of valgus deformity. This disease, which is caused mainly by wearing uncomfortable shoes, is accompanied by a curvature of the joint of the thumb. His wrong position leads to severe pain in walking and the inability to pick up at least some shoes. To get rid of the "bumps" on the foot, an integrated approach is very important. Is a therapeutic treatment of the musculoskeletal system possible without exercise?
Therapeutic exercises with bones on the legs help:
- strengthen the muscle tone of the legs;
- to reduce pain and discomfort when walking;
- "put" the twisted joint in its natural position;
- strengthen overall health.
Of course, physical education alone will not save the patient from valgus deformity at the 2nd and 3rd stage. But as practice shows, gymnastics is very effective in the initial phase of the disease development.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also prescribed for patients who have undergone an operation on the joints of the thumb. Physical culture is an integral part of the rehabilitation period.
What are the rules to observe when doing the exercises?
All exercises from the cones on the legs, which the doctor will recommend to the patient, he will explain in detail. But there are a number of rules and compliance with them to achieve a positive effect is necessary:
- Exercises are done daily.
- As with any other physical activity, the number of approaches is important here. Working for a while, you can make a breather, and then start again.
Gymnastics should be performed at any convenient time. Excellent, if the patient will include a set of exercises in his morning exercises. Also, it is not superfluous to "unload" the stops after the working day, allocating a little time for the evening classes.
If you are not lazy and do exercises for the bones on your legs, then the "bumps" on your legs will gradually decrease, the muscle tone will increase, the pain will no longer bother, and the ligaments and joints will become much stronger.
What exercises are effective for valgus deformity?
Specialists recommend many exercises against the bones on the legs. Each of them is directed, first of all, to strengthening the entire musculoskeletal system, in particular, the joints of the toes.
You can start with the simplest - with many of the familiar "bike".Only in this case, special attention is paid to the feet - in the process of moving the soles of the feet from the sock should be pushed forward at the maximum, and, on the contrary, back stretches during the reverse movement of the sock. In this case, the shin should be kept strictly parallel to the floor. This gymnastics from the bones on the legs is done for 10-15 full turns in several passes.
And the following exercise can be done even at work, sitting on a chair at the table. This, by the way, will be a good discharge with a rabid working rhythm. The legs are placed strictly at right angles so that the feet are fully set on the floor. And now the legs need to be moved forward and backwards, using only the toes. Such movements like a caterpillar should be performed 8-10 times per 1 call.
And in a relaxed home environment, you can relax a little and do exercises on the floor in a sitting position. The simplest charge for the stone on the leg is that the patient stretches his legs forward, he leans against the floor with his hands, and then in turns bends his legs in the ankles - either the right or the left.10-15 folds per foot will be enough. Having done such exercises, you can stay in the same position. Now you need to spread your toes as wide as possible. Immediately relax them is not necessary - in a strained state the patient should detain them at least 10-15 seconds. Repeating, this gymnastics 10 times, you can relax a little.
To support your feet in tonus, you can try another simple exercise. It consists of alternate walking on the heels, then on the toes, then on the outside of the feet. Naturally, with strongly protruding "bumps", one should refrain from walking on the inside of the feet.
Simple gymnastics with knobbles on legs is mastered by patients quickly, and therefore, a little later you can start to complicate your task. To do this, the patient will need a piece of paper with a handle. You should sit on a chair, straighten your back, put your hands on your knees, bend your legs at right angles. Now you need to lift the handle from the floor with your toes and try to draw a circle on the piece of paper( the handle is clamped between the first and second toes).This is a rather difficult task, and it is unlikely that the beginner will succeed in the first time. But doing regularly, it is even possible to master writing letters and numbers. Such exercises develop the mobility of curved joints.
Wear quality and reliable shoes
The curvature of the phalanx of the toes on the legs can cause incorrectly selected shoes, especially for high heels and narrow socks. As a rule, this orthopedic disease to a greater extent undermines women, because they are in the pursuit of fashion, they sacrifice comfort and buy uncomfortable high shoes, walking in which it is simply impossible. In addition, that the consequence of walking on his heels is the curvature of the foot, you risk getting into the bargain and varicose veins. The fact is that the load when walking in such shoes is not properly distributed, which ultimately leads to deformation of the fingers. A significant role in the development of the disease also plays a role in genetics: if one of the relatives had this disease, it is likely that it will be handed down to you by inheritance. The causes of deformities of the feet can be endocrine disorders of the body and transverse congenital platypodia.
With valgus feet, the symptoms can often be confused with gout or arthritis. Before proceeding to the treatment and prevention of the disease, you need to confirm the diagnosis with an orthopedic doctor. After a thorough examination, radiography and platography, he will be able to give an opinion and prescribe a course of drug therapy, exercise therapy or send for surgery. Everything depends on the degree of development of the disease and the causes of its occurrence.Back to the table of contents
Therapeutic gymnastics for pathology of feet
With valgus feet therapeutic gymnastics very well influences the healing process. You need to perform several times a day the following exercises:
- Lie down on the floor and do an exercise familiar to you from childhood, imitating cycling. When practicing, try to pull the toe forward when the leg is moving away from you, and pull the toe back when the leg moves in the opposite direction. You need to move parallel to the floor, you should not kick your feet in different directions. Do this gymnastics can be approximately 10 approaches 2 times a day.
- The next exercise is required to do while sitting down. You need to lean your hands on the floor behind you and stretch your legs forward. In turn, bend, and then unbend legs in the ankles 10 times.
- In the same position as the above exercise, we grow our toes on the legs, as wide as possible, in different directions. If possible, try to stay in this position for a few minutes, and then return the fingers to the initial position. Perform gymnastics 10-15 times.
- Sit on the floor and lean back from behind with your hands, squeeze your fingers in your feet and unclasp for 5 minutes.
- Sit on a chair and move your legs in different directions only with the help of your toes. This exercise is called a "caterpillar", performing it is very useful.
- Sitting on a chair, take a pencil or pen, put it between the first and second fingers on the legs. Circular movements or movements to the sides, try to draw with pencil different shapes or letters in the air.
- In standing position, try to walk on your socks, lifting your hands up, then walk on the heels, hands on the sides, then on the outer and inner edges of the foot.
- The most useful exercise in this disease is pulling the ankle to itself in any convenient position. Sitting, standing or lying down, try to pull the thumb on the foot until it stops. Then pull the legs forward, sitting on the floor and pulling the socks forward, move your thumbs in turn on each leg, then on two legs at the same time.
- Sitting on the floor in a lotus position, or, as they say, "in Turkish," we rise, leaning on the outside of the feet. In turn, we put both feet on top.
- Sitting on an armchair with legs straightened forward, we try to collect a piece of cloth with our toes. You can also move small things from one place to another.
- We collect water in a bath with a temperature of approximately 35 degrees and put a rug with rubber spikes on the bottom. Walk on it need not more than 10 minutes.
Prevention of valgus curvature of the foot
With proper installation of the stop, walking barefoot plays a huge role. You can walk in the summer and in the warm season on the grass, on sand, gravel or pebbles. At home, even sitting in front of the TV, you can roll a piece of your finger on the floor or a foot around the floor, for example, a small ball with spikes.
LFK with a deformed foot sometimes gives amazing results and even helps to do without surgical intervention. The effect of such exercises will be in a few weeks, and after a couple of months you will completely forget about the pains in the legs and bone. In addition to physical education, valgus feet will be very useful massage. You can apply to an experienced specialist or after each bath take self-massage.
If you notice a change in the foot in a child, it is very important to start the exercise for a stop with valgus deformity in time, because the body is still growing and is able to cope with the pathology on its own.
In addition to physical education, a pediatric orthopedist can recommend a child to wear a special bandage worn over a large toe and a foot. This device will compress the stone and, when walking, massage the deformed area.Back to the table of contents
Conclusions and advices on
Modern medicine is very good at this disease, and with a slight deformation of the foot, its normal appearance can be restored. That is why you do not need to delay with a visit to a doctor: the earlier the disease is diagnosed, the easier it will be to cure it. If you do not treat valgus curvature of the foot, the cone will not stop the disease, the pathology will extend to all the bones of the lower limbs. Due to their constant deformation, a bursitis of a chronic type, arthrosis or Deichlander's disease develops in a person.
Prevention of the development of valgus deformity can be the wearing of special orthopedic insoles, compliance with the regime, if your profession or lifestyle is associated with a constant stay on your feet. Try to give your feet due rest after a hard day, especially relaxing the lying on your back with your legs up.
If to the doctor you have addressed too late or the above-stated methods of treatment have not brought results, operation in which course you will eliminate all deformed sites in a foot and will put on a gypsum will be required.
Rehabilitation after surgery lasts a very long time and requires compliance with all the doctor's recommendations. To avoid such phenomena and not to torment yourself with a prolonged postoperative period, it is much more reasonable to turn to the doctor after the first symptoms of deformation are discovered and correct the pathology in a few months.