How to cure flat feet in adults?A person's stop should provide not only support during movement, but also the function of cushioning, softening all the jolts that arise during walking. To fulfill these tasks, in the process of forming the erection, the foot has acquired a complex vaulted structure. With the development of flatfoot, it ceases to perform a spring function, which leads over time to serious consequences.
Normally, due to the fact that the foot has a curved shape in the form of an arch or an arch, walking does not support the whole surface, but only on the heel bone behind and the bases 1 and 5 of the finger in front. Thus, the following arches of the foot are formed:
- longitudinal( along the inner edge);
- transverse( along the base of the fingers).
As a result of this structure of the foot, cushioning occurs when walking on an uneven surface, and the load of the body on the foot is distributed evenly. With the development of flat feet, deformation of the arches of the foot in the form of their flattening occurs. It is accepted to distinguish the following types of flatfoot, depending on the structure of which the arch is broken:
- transverse - the transverse arch of the foot is smoothed, it becomes wider( more common in adults);
- longitudinal - the foot is elongated by decreasing the height of the longitudinal arch( more typical for children and adolescents);
- combined - both types of foot changes are present simultaneously.
In addition, distinguish: congenital flat feet - is associated with abnormalities of the development of the skeleton, is rare;and acquired flatfoot - is formed as a result of external factors or diseases:
- traumatic flat feet observed after injuries in the foot( bone fractures, damage to the musculoskeletal system);
- paralytic platypodia occurs with various types of paralysis of the muscles of the foot and lower leg;
- Rakhitic flatfoot is observed due to transferred rickets, while the bones soften, and under the influence of the load, the arch of the foot deforms;
- static flat feet - is observed most often, as a rule, in women, and develops due to increased load on the foot.
Causes of static flatfoot
- Obesity, state of pregnancy.
- Forced long standing on the legs.
- Wearing tight shoes, shoes with a narrow nose, with a heel of more than 4 centimeters.
- Reduced elasticity of muscles and ligaments with age.
When the flatfoot formation is disturbed, the biomechanics of walking is violated, the foot is compensated outwardly, after which the shin and thigh unfold. In this case, various consequences are possible:
- development of osteoarthritis of the joints of the lower limbs;
- frequent headaches;
- curvature of the spine;
- formation of herniated intervertebral discs.
Symptoms of flatfoot
The following symptoms are typical for transverse flatfoot:
- pain in the feet and calf muscles;
- the curvature of the 1st toe finger - hallux valgus;
- thickening of the periosteum in the region of the metatarsal head I, which looks like a lump in the base of the thumb;
- formation of corns, deep corns;
- cramps calf muscles, the appearance of edema;
- shoes of the previous size become cramped, wear out from the inside.
For longitudinal flatfoot, features such as:
- fast fatigue of the legs;
- edema stops in the evening;
- changing gait;
- formation of flat-valgus foot - the toes and calcaneal toes turn from the outside.
Prevention of flatfoot development
In order to prevent flattening of the arch of the foot, it is advisable to implement the following recommendations:
- Monitor body weight.
- Avoid wearing narrow tight shoes.
- Women should not abuse the wearing of shoes with high heels, its height should be no more than 4 centimeters.
- When choosing shoes, choose soft leather products with a flexible sole.
- During pregnancy it is desirable to use orthopedic insoles.
- It is useful to walk barefoot on the ground, rocks, sand.
How to treat platypodia
Treatment of flat feet in adults involves the use of the following methods:
- Use of insoles and orthopedic shoes.
- Exercise exercise physical therapy.
- Carrying out of massage courses.
Orthopedic footwear is distinguished by the presence of special insoles, which ensure the correct functional position of the foot when walking. The sole of such shoes has an impact absorbing properties. The use of orthopedic insoles or shoes helps to support the arch of the foot in a physiological position, which in turn leads to the following results:
- reduces the load on the feet;
- prevents their fatigue;
- the deformation of the joints is prevented;
- improve the cushioning function of the foot, reducing the load on the spine.
The maximum therapeutic effect is the use of individual orthopedic insoles. They take into account all the features of the structure, can be equipped with additional elements( for example, pronators).At home, it is necessary to perform exercises of exercise therapy, which are an important and mandatory direction in the treatment of flatfoot and allow:
- to correct minor deformities of the feet;
- strengthen the muscles that form the arch of the foot;
- improve blood flow;
- reduce foot fatigue.
Gymnastics should be held regularly, daily, twice a day for 15 minutes. It is useful to perform the following exercises:
- lifting a small ball with your feet;
- grabbing the pencil with your toes;
- walking on tiptoe;
- walking with support on the outside of the feet;
- rolling feet with bottles.
In addition to practicing physiotherapy exercises, a foot massage is necessary. In doing so, the principles of performing massage should be taken into account: the
- course should consist of at least 12 procedures;
- procedures are performed every other day;
- the duration of one session should be at least 10 minutes;
- during the massage should also pay attention to the muscles of the back and lower leg.
Special massage equipment( mats, rollers, balls) can be used for massage. It is recommended to make warm foot baths - this helps to relax the muscles. With transverse flatfoot, the so-called valgus deformation of the foot is formed. Depending on the angle of deviation of the 1st toe, three degrees are distinguished:
- I degree( 15-20 °).
- II degree( 20-30 °).
- III degree( 30-40 °).
Conservative treatment of transverse flatfoot is carried out only at the first degree and consists of the methods described above. It is aimed at relieving pain, preventing even more deformation of the foot. At the II and III degree of this type of flatfoot, surgical treatment is performed.
Treatment of flat feet
Treatment of flat feet folk remedies
Treatment of flat feet gymnastics
Both folk and traditional medicine agree that in flatfoot, the main method of treatment is gymnastics. It will help strengthen the weakened muscles and ligaments, normalize blood circulation in the diseased extremities. What exercises need to be performed to fight this unpleasant disease?
1. Pull the toes of your feet, lying on your back. Perform the exercise should be at least 10 times for each leg.
2. Bend and unbend the foot, lying on the back. Perform at least sixty times. The tempo is medium.
3. Rotate the ankle joint, do circular motions, lying on the back. Perform approximately 50 times.
4. Lying on your back and bending your knees, tear off the heels from the floor in turn. Perform at least 50 times.
5. Spread a lot of small objects on the floor. Sitting on a chair, try to lift them with your toes.
6. Kick your feet with a small solid ball( for tennis), raise it with your feet, with your feet. Do not bend your knees.
7. Do sit-ups and slopes while standing on a gymnastic stick or hoop.
8. Jump up, standing on one leg, then on two.
9. Walk on the toes, on the inside and outside of the foot. Bend your knees and walk on your toes on an incline.
It is also useful to walk barefoot on an uneven surface: sea pebbles, a rug with rubber spikes and so on.
Treatment of flat feet with foot baths
For the treatment of flat feet, traditional medicine recommends making foot baths with sea salt. They help strengthen bones and relax the muscles of the legs, relieve pain and relax. This is a very simple and useful procedure: dissolve in hot water sea salt or table salt( 1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water) and hold your feet in the solution for 15 minutes. Then you need to thoroughly wipe your feet and lubricate them with a nutritious cream, massaging the foot. Such procedures will not only relieve pain and help normalize blood circulation, but also improve your sleep.
It is useful to make contrasting baths: fill one basin with hot water, and the other with a cold one. First you should steam your feet for two to three minutes, and then cool them in cold water for no more than 15 seconds. Such baths do for 10 days, after which a month break is needed. The procedure is contraindicated for women during menstruation.
Also folk medicine advises to add to the water infusions and decoctions of various medicinal plants. Brew a kilogram of oak bark in 5 liters of water. The broth should boil for at least 30 minutes, after which it is added to the bath.
You can lubricate your feet with an alcoholic tincture of an immortelle. The inflorescences of the plant are dried in the oven, poured with alcohol and left for a couple of days. The prescription is also suitable for the treatment of joint pain and sciatica.
Treatment of flat feet with massage
Every person with flat feet can independently make themselves a simple massage, which can alleviate the symptoms of the disease - leg pain and swelling. Rub the sole, from the fingers to the ankle joint, for about a minute. Then mash the bases of the toes and the heel with both hands. Stretch the foot intensively from all sides, starting from the fingers. Each action should last at least a minute. Then the leg is clasped around the ankle and deeply massaged, directing movements to the knee joint and back to the ankle joint. Repeat the action 10 times, after repeating them on the other leg. Similarly, massage the thigh, starting from the knee joint and ending with the inguinal region.
To strengthen the muscles that support the arches of the feet, bend, turn inside and unbend the foot;slide and move apart your fingers, slide one leg over one leg with the foot of the other.
Treatment of flat feet with lotions and compresses
Some folk healers use all sorts of lotions and compresses to treat flat feet. A good remedy for pain is wormwood. Her leaves are washed and applied to the feet, wrapped on top with a soft cloth. This tool will also have an analgesic effect on injuries, stretching of the tendons and dislocations.
If flat feet causes severe pain in the legs, interfering with a normal lifestyle, apply such a mixture to the legs: iodine solution( 3%) and lemon juice is combined in a 1: 1 ratio, add two crushed aspirin tablets and mix. On top, the gruel should be covered with a film and wrapped in a woolen shawl. You can do such compresses only three days in a row, after which you should do a one-week break. Iodine should be exclusively 3%, otherwise you can get a burn.
Flat feet, treatment of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot types, clinics in Moscow - Medical clinic MED4YOU
Flattening is a disease in which the flattening of the
arches occurs. Qualified specialists of the MED4YOU clinic in Moscow successfully deal with the prevention and early diagnosis of a variety of diseasesmotor vehicle, using the latest scientific achievements and developments in the treatment. Flattening is a stable deformation of the foot, which is accompanied by a violation of the statics of its longitudinal and transverse arches, is congenital and acquired. The disease manifests itself by fast fatigue of the legs, the appearance of pain in the feet, knee and hip joints, and is the main cause of scoliosis, gonarthrosis and coxarthrosis.
The main causes of flatfoot and some of its varieties
- Congenital disease, usually due to congenital insufficiency of connective tissue, very rarely the cause is an abnormality of the child's fetal development. Before the child finally rises to his feet, that is, up to 3-4 years, his foot is at the final stage of formation. Treatment of congenital flat feet should be started as early as possible, and if the flat shape of the baby's leg does not change for a long time, it is necessary to order the correcting insole.
- Traumatic platypodia formed with fractures of the ankles, tarsal and metatarsal bones or heel bone.
- The rickety type of the disease arises from the abnormal development of the skeleton, which is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D. As a consequence, the body lacks absorption of calcium, which is a kind of cement for bones. This flatfoot can be prevented by conducting activities that are the prevention of rickets - do gymnastics, often go out in the fresh air, take fish oil.
- A static type of the disease, as a rule, occurs in four cases out of five, and arises from the weakness of the muscles of the foot and lower leg, bones and ligaments, as well as incorrectly selected shoes. Often static flat feet can be caused by professional activity, for example, those people who work on the principle of "all day on their feet".
A person with a normal foot organ formation has two arches - longitudinal, which is defined along its inner edge, and a transverse one, which lies between the bases of the fingers. Both arch perform two main functions - protect the body from shaking during walking and contribute to maintaining the balance of the body. With flat feet, shaking during walking has to be compensated for the spine and joints of the legs, which by their nature are not designed for this, and the load on these parts of the body increases, which is associated with the appearance of pathologies such as joint arthrosis and scoliosis.
Symptoms of flatfoot, where you need to go to the MED4YOU
clinic If you have fast fatigue of the legs, as well as no aching pains in the feet, the muscles of the thigh and lower leg and the lower back that appear during walking, and then when standing, you are likely struck by flat feet. Other symptoms of the disease are: edema of the foot, which passes during a night's sleep;elongation and expansion of the foot in the middle part( with the expressed form);violation of posture, unnatural gait;occurrence of a "bone" on the thumb or medical language, hallux valgus.
Suspected platypodia, immediately contact the MED4YOU clinic, and for a free consultation a doctor orthopedic trauma specialist will help you choose the most suitable treatment for you. When diagnosing platypodia, such orthopedic aids as special cuffs, insoles, insteps, proofreaders of hammer-shaped fingers or bandage tires can be prescribed.
Specialists of our clinic pay attention to patients that with conservative non-surgical treatment of flatfoot completely eliminate the deformed foot damage, especially if the patient turned to us already in adulthood. Basically, our procedures are aimed at removing the pain syndrome with flatfoot, as well as preventing its progression. The specialists of MED4YOU clinic know well how to relieve swelling in this disease, and perfectly treat all diseases of the spine that arise during its course.
The complex of health procedures used in the MED4YOU clinic for the treatment of flatfoot:
- Osteopathy is a soft, gentle technique that is aimed primarily at restoring the normal mechanics of the musculoskeletal system, as well as in relieving the pathological tension experienced with flat feet of the muscle andligaments;
- Electrophoresis - this painless method consists in the introduction of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs into the cartilaginous tissue by means of a constant magnetic field of low intensity;
- Mud applications - thanks to the use of the famous healing mud of Lake Tambukan, our doctors are trying to strengthen the ligament apparatus and the muscles of the foot. In combination with osteopathy, mud treatment allows to achieve deeper penetration into the affected tissues of curative substances;
- Reflexotherapy or acupuncture - MED4YOU clinic physicians influence the biologically active points of the body with special acupuncture needles, which normalizes the physiological processes in the affected soft tissues, improves muscle tone and lymph flow;
- Treatment with leeches( hirudotherapy) is a natural and very effective method of treating arthritis and arthrosis, leeches can remove swelling, eliminate pain, improve microcirculation in tissues and restore the structure of soft tissues.
Degrees of flatfoot and its variants in accordance with the medical classification
This common foot disease is observed in men and women of different ages and also small children, now specialists distinguish several degrees of development of this pathology:
- Flatness of the first degree or slight - at this stage the diseasemore like a cosmetic defect and is manifested by fatigue during a long walk, as well as pain in the feet. After rest, as a rule, unpleasant painful sensations pass;
- Flattening of the second degree or combined - at this stage the flattening of the foot is determined by the doctors with the naked eye, as the foot extends and changes in the gait appear( clubfoot and heavy tread appear).At this stage, the intensity of pain increases, and it already covers not only the feet and ankle, but can reach the knee;
- Platypodia of the third degree or expressed - is accompanied not only by the deformation of the foot, but also by disabilities in the work of the locomotor system of various character( arthrosis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis and herniated discs).At this stage, pain gives the patient a strong concern, flat feet of the third degree seriously hinders walking and becomes a serious obstacle to exercise, the patient is able to move only in special orthopedic shoes.
In order to prevent the rapid progression of this dangerous disease, it is necessary to contact specialists for the purpose of diagnosis in the early stages. MED4YOU clinic physicians, who have extensive experience in determining the diseases of the musculoskeletal system, will determine the presence of longitudinal, transverse or combined flatfoot in the shortest possible time and will prompt effective methods of treatment.
Flat feet: prevention, treatment, causes, symptomsThe onset of the disease is possible in childhood or in adulthood. The rickety type is possible, as you already guessed, because of rickets. Because of the disease, there is no normal development of bones. Traumatic type appears as a result of fractures of the ankle joint, bones of the foot. In addition, the trauma of the ligaments and muscles that strengthen the arches of the foot, is also capable of provoking the disease. Paralytic platypodia is possible because of the transferred poliomyelitis. Static appearance occurs in more than 75% of the disease.
Symptoms of flatfoot in adultsFlat feet, the first symptoms of which can be manifested by pain in the legs after prolonged standing or while walking. And, for the disease, the following clinical signs are characteristic:
- 1) The feet are painful even after a minor load.
- 2) Looking at your old shoes, you notice that it is worn from the inside and is worn out.
- 3) Ankles become swollen.
- 4) Noticeably an increase in legs in length and in width, the old models of shoes are already small to you.
- 5) It's impossible to walk on stiletto heels.
- 6) During the last stage of the disease, apart from the legs, the lumbar spine is gradually worried, walking becomes painful. Headaches are possible.
- stops swelling at the end of the day( see the causes of edema on the legs).
- feet quickly get tired.
- , when pressed in the middle of the foot, soreness is felt.
- sore leg: foot, ankle, lower leg.
- to choose the right shoes is really difficult.
- possible soreness in the lumbar region.
- longitudinal arch is not noticeable, the foot is swollen, the heel is flattened.
- standard shoes can not be worn.
- tenderness in front of the leg,
- appearance of calluses;
Degrees of flatfootLet's call the general indicators of the degrees of the development of the disease. The first is weakly expressed, it does not greatly disturb the patient. You can visually see the onset of the disease visually. The second degree or moderately expressed form often has pronounced changes. The disease is more pronounced, you gradually experience soreness in the ankle, foot. Visually visible are heavy movements and clubfoot. In the third form, a complete deformation occurs. Violated the functions of the musculoskeletal system, there may be more serious diseases. The soreness is very strong, it hurts to walk, and it's difficult to play sports. We call three stages of the longitudinal type of the disease.
- At the first degree of longitudinal flatfoot there is rapid fatigue of the legs. The soreness is not obvious, the patient can feel uncomfortable sensations when putting on shoes. Sometimes puffiness is possible in the morning.
- With the second form, the pain is more pronounced, sometimes it is very strong, the ankles and the shin extend. This degree complicates walking, making an ugly gait.
- With the third form of uneasy incessant pain in the leg: foot, shin, sometimes makes itself felt lumbar. Also visible swelling in the joints of the foot.
Degrees in transverse flatfootIn this case, the transverse arch of the foot becomes large, the length of the leg decreases. The big toes gradually deviate from the others, becoming a kind of hammer. The transverse type of flat feet is characteristic for a female over thirty years of age. Disturb the corns, the bone grows on the fingers. When the first form of this type of flatfoot periodically hurt feet, the front part is painful. At the second form there is soreness under the head of metatarsal bones. During the third degree the pain intensifies, usually corns appear in large quantities.
Flat feet in childrenAccording to medical statistics, more than half of the children at 6-7 years of age appear to exhibit flat feet. To avoid flat feet in the future, you should treat yourself, starting with childhood. To correct the arch of the foot is really up to 13 years, until it is fully formed. This diagnosis is given to children from three to five years. Sometimes, from the very birth or from the beginning of circulation, heel-valgus feet are visible. By the age of three they become flat-valgus. Until the age of three, flat feet do not exist, since a fat pad appears on the inside of the foot. It is an additional shock absorber when walking. The most actual types of flatfoot in children are: longitudinal, transverse, flat-valgus feet and a mixed type of flatfoot. Plantogram is one of the most effective methods of diagnosing a child. To diagnose the foot, the baby is spread with a special liquid, after which the area that has been painted is analyzed. Due to age-related features, the diagnosis of flat feet in children is complicated. It is better to consult an orthopedic doctor, he will correctly identify the symptoms of flat feet. What can parents do? If the child slumps, perhaps, the presence of valgus platypodia. When the baby comes in when walking to the front edge of the foot, you should also contact the doctor for help. The foot is best formed in natural conditions. Therefore, in the summer, let the child walk barefoot on the grass, sand, stones. A certain physical load is important: moving games, walking. The child should not wear old shoes after someone: the load can be mis-distributed in the foot. In addition, make sure that the child is sitting at the table with an even posture.
Treatment of flat feet in adults and childrenTherapy of longitudinal and transverse flat feet is similar. Medical measures applied to an adult can only improve his condition. While the children are fully recovered, as the baby's feet just begin to form completely. The doctor prescribes most often conservative treatment: medications in combination with physiotherapy procedures. Therapy is based on therapeutic exercises. Such physical culture is chosen specifically for the patient, the orthopedic doctor necessarily takes into account the age, the degree of the disease and its form. Excellent massage and hydromassage of feet helpfully. Active stimulation of the problem zone improves blood circulation and improves the tone of the muscles of the feet and lower legs. Orthopedic insoles with the disease restore the required lifting of the arches of the foot, correct the normal position of the foot, provide comfort while walking. At the initial stage, the insoles perfectly help to cope with the disease. Operation is the most effective method of treatment with significant deformities of the foot. Flattening in children is treated easier, without surgery. Muscles, bone and ligament tissues of children are still very sensitive to treatment. A rarely encountered congenital platypodia is treated with special bandages. Mostly, they use toning massage and physical training. Also effective for the feet are the contrast baths. Many doctors recommend wearing orthopedic shoes. Than at an earlier age you or a doctor discover flat feet, the more effective the treatment will be. For the purpose of prevention, the child should be checked by a doctor about 5 years.
Plane exercise exercises
- 1) The legs should be set to the width of the shoulders. Then the feet unfold, first the heels are joined, then the socks. Make at least 12 repetitions.
- 2) Rotation. Sitting on a chair or standing, set the heels to the width of the shoulders. Rotate the feet in two directions. Do 12 repetitions.
- 3) Stop installation. Performed in a sitting or standing position. Place the feet on the outer, and then on the inner surface alternately. Do it 15 times.
- 4) Low attacks. Rise steadily. Perform a front leg thrust. Then turn over the other way and do the same. Without fail, keep your back straight. It should be repeated 15 times.
- 5) We go on the spot. Take quick steps. The feet look inward, the legs are bent at the knees. Do not move your shoulders, keep straight, legs are actively involved. The breathing is calm, the exercise is performed for half a minute. For children, the entire LF complex is performed in a play form.
- tenderness in the hips, feet, back and knees.
- change in the shape of the foot - curvature, the appearance of the stone, too wide a foot, improper development of muscles and articular tissue.
- irregularity of posture and gait.
- with squats to keep the balance is very difficult.
- appearance of ingrown nails is possible.
- club foot and heaviness of gait.
Flatfoot prevention in adultsPeople engaged in active work with permanent standing should periodically rest, move the main center of gravity to the outside of the foot. In addition, after a day's work it is useful to do foot massage, rub them. You can massage by walking barefoot on sand, grass or gravel. At home choose a massage mat. Correctly pick up your shoes so that it does not rub, do not press the foot, but it is better that no discomfort does not appear.
Prevention of flatfoot in childrenChildren should be prevented from 1 year of age. It will be concluded in the exclusion of rickets, poliomyelitis and other diseases. Already during the first steps of the child, think about the choice of quality footwear. However, without walking on the grass, gravel and sand can not do: "barefoot" kids are several times less likely to suffer from the disease. Watch that the child does not walk on a flat floor, but on an uneven surface. Older children are recommended gymnastics with simple walking on the heels and toes, the inside and outside of the legs. You can do jumps on the spot, climb the gymnasium ladder. Combine gymnastics with water procedures. It is not only excellent strengthening of muscles, but also perfect hardening.
Actuality of flatfoot treatment
Many people think that flat feet is not such a dangerous disease as, for example, arthritis, but in vain. It is flatfoot, untreated in time, can become one of the reasons for the formation of dangerous health complications. These include such "adult" diagnoses as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, arthrosis, arthritis including.
Is flatfoot treated and how effective is treatment? The answer is simple - flatfoot can be completely corrected only up to the child's age of 6-7 years, and in adults - only carry out a correction. That is why treatment and correction of flat feet are relevant for adults and children, and therapeutic gymnastics is a good help in complex therapy.Before starting flatfoot treatment at home, you need to get a doctor's consultation. This must be done to assess the degree, shape of flat feet, and also to choose orthopedic footwear and insoles.
What can I do at home? These are measures aimed at overall health promotion, nutrition correction, walking tours, classes, exercises and much more.
- In summer, you can walk and walk without shoes, it is advisable to choose a rocky surface for this. On the plantar surface of the foot are all active points, so this walk not only forms anatomical arches of the foot, but contributes to overall health.
- From sports you can go swimming, especially swimming in the style of the crawl. Leg movements with this style develop rotational movements of the foot. If conditions permit, and the disease is mild, you can do ski sports or figure skating. This will keep the foot in a strictly horizontal position.
- A good effect is provided by a flat-foot massage, which can be done by using simple techniques. For this, stroking, kneading, rubbing, squeezing are used. Massage tones muscles, ligaments and fascia, and their tone, in turn, leads to correction of the foot.
- It is necessary to teach the child to walk properly. To do this, for several minutes 6-7 times a day, ask him to walk, straightening his shoulders, lifting his head, and the feet should be strictly horizontal and parallel to each other.
- The main condition of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics with flat feet. Use for this instructor is not necessary, because the techniques are simple and easily duplicated, even by children.
How to cure flat feet with simple exercises, you ask? To understand what happens during the exercises, it is necessary to recall that flat feet is a disease of the whole musculoskeletal system. A load that is not distributed correctly can lead to dangerous illnesses in adulthood. And the flat foot is treated only with shoes or insoles, as it is necessary to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the entire leg and lower parts of the spine, because the innervation of the foot begins in the lumbar part of the spine.
Complex of exercises with flat feet( click to enlarge).
The complex of exercises
- hands are stretched upward, we go on toes;
- hands on the waist, we go on the heels;
- hands on the waist, we walk on the outside of the foot;
- tennis ball squeezed between the feet, we walk on the outside of the foot.
In the standing position:
- hands on the belt, stand on the outside of the foot, turn the trunk to the right and left;
- we stand on the outside of the foot, we rise on the toes.
Standing on a stick:
- move on a stick, placing stops both along and across.
In sitting position:
- legs are stretched forward, bend, unbend fingers;
- legs are bent at the knees, maximally bred and heel, without taking off socks from the floor;
- legs stretched forward, pulling the socks as much as possible, and then pulling ourselves away;
- legs are extended forward, we reduce and we breed legs, joining stops;
- legs are stretched forward, grab a pencil and lift;
- legs stretched forward, grab a tennis ball, toss it and catch it;
- legs are bent at the knees, we roll a tennis ball from the sock to the heel along the longitudinal arch.
In the position of the body at an angle of 45 degrees:
- raise both legs and torso at an angle of 45 degrees and hold as much as you can.
How often to practice gymnastics
All exercises need to be done regularly, for 1.5-2 years, giving it 15-20 minutes per day. Each exercise should be done, repeating several times.
How to cure flat feet with walking, if in some regions only 2-3 months a year is warm? In winter time, you can adjust the massage mat for walking. Make a massage mat from flat feet with your own hands is not difficult - just enough for dense fabric threads or glue to attach small items( buttons, curlers, glass stones and other small items).
Early detection of the diagnosis and timely treatment started are the key to a full recovery. A therapeutic gymnastics, held regularly, can become an indispensable assistant in successful treatment.
Treatment of flat feet, transverse and longitudinal |Clinic Dr. Grigorenko
Symptoms of flatfoot:
When the foot is deformed, its cushioning function is disturbed and partially started to perform joints of the legs, spine and other organs. In view of the fact that initially they are not designed to perform this function, they can not cope with it and, being under excessive load, are quickly involved in the pathological process. This triggers a chain of negative events, beginning with the foot and ending with the cervical spine. In addition, in patients with flat feet the posture deteriorates, the sense of balance deteriorates, fatigue is observed, tatters( special calluses on the feet) are formed, a lot of problems arise with the selection of shoes( due to deformity of the toes), pain in the legs and back.
As a result, flatfoot can lead to a number of complications: arthrosis, scoliosis, severe back and leg pain, clubfoot, asymmetry of the body, calcaneal spur, valgus deformation of the toes.
To diagnose platypodia an orthopedist physician is needed, a podiatric examination, an osteopathic consultation. The earlier the disease is identified, the easier it is to cure it. Complete cure of flat feet is possible only in childhood. The process of treating adults can curtail the process of development of the disease, not allowing to move to more severe stages and prevent complications.
Treatment of flat feet:
- Osteopathy( restores the anatomically correct foot structure, which is especially important in complications, since in most cases it is necessary to treat not only flatfoot, but its consequences)
- Vacuum gradient therapy( restores blood microcirculation in the foot)
- Individual orthopedic insolesand optimize the load, contribute to the formation of the anatomical shape of the foot, it is important to begin using the insoles as early as possible and, in the future, to correct them in time, taking into account the achieved effect(flatfoot treatment)
- Therapeutic gymnastics( contributes to the formation of an elastic and stable ligamentous apparatus)
- Physiotherapy( eliminates inflammation and reduces pain)