Flattening in children: its prevention and treatment
At first glance, it may seem that the child has the same foot as an adult, only in miniature. But if you look closely, you will quickly see that this is not the case. The foot of any newborn baby is flat, but this does not mean that the child has a flat foot. The fact is that during the growing up of the foot passes through a series of metamorphoses, eventually becoming a full-fledged functional organ of the human skeleton. But even if the disease does appear, it is encouraging that in the case of the diagnosis of "flat feet", the children will be treated fairly effectively and almost always leads to complete recovery.
It should be borne in mind that in any child from the moment of birth, the arches of the feet are always filled with a fatty layer, which begins to decay only when the child begins to walk. That is why the footprint of the child is flat. Approximately to three years, the contours of the child's foot acquire the outlines of the foot of an adult person, muscles, ligaments and bones are strengthened, so that the baby can stay on his feet for a long time. At the same time, the older the child becomes, the more noticeable the arch of the foot.
Flat feet appear in cases where the formation of the foot for some reason occurs with disturbances. But even if a person did not suffer from this illness as a child, this does not give him any guarantees that in the future flat feet will not appear.
How to identify flat feet?
Usually flat feet are diagnosed by a doctor using planography. In this study, they are spread with a special solution of the foot of the patient, after which he must stand on blank paper sheets. Thus, a clear footprint is formed, along which it is possible to detect the presence of flat feet. But this method works best with adults, in the case of children, mistakes are often made because of the age characteristics of the foot. The footprint will be more like flat feet, the younger the child. That is why it is better to undergo a direct examination with an orthopedic doctor, in this case there is a high probability of an exact diagnosis of flat feet in preschool children.
Do not let the flat-footed "on its own"
Parents should pay special attention to such symptoms:
- child when walking a club( turns the socks stop outside).This is one of the signs of a disease such as valgus flatfoot in children. Most often, such a symptom is manifested as a result of the muscles of the legs are too weak, so the child is unable to maintain the normal position of the foot. The normal position of the foot in this case is one in which the feet are parallel;
- the child attacks the inside of the foot when walking. The gait is quite peculiar, it is very noticeable.
If one of these symptoms is detected, you should immediately consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination.
Disease Sometimes a congenital form of flat feet occurs, but these are rare, almost exceptional cases. Of all cases of flatfoot disease in childhood, these are not more than 3%.
To determine the causes of the appearance of this disease and to understand what exactly can act as the best prevention of flat feet in children, scientists conducted a number of studies. One of them showed that the flat feet are almost three times more likely to suffer from those children who constantly wear shoes. Children who spend most of their time barefoot are less likely to be affected. As a result, it was concluded that the baby's foot better developed in natural conditions.
Another study made it possible to reveal that a considerable influence on the correctness of the formation of the foot is exerted by the amount of the load applied to it. With a low motor activity, the risk of flat feet appears to be much higher. It is worth noting that this is a very urgent problem for our time, since now most children prefer to spend time in front of a computer or television, while almost completely ignoring walks and active games. Therefore, lately, we have to face a flat foot, which is accompanied by a violation of posture.
Also the development of flat feet can provoke the shoes that your child wears. It should be remembered that children's shoes should be with a hard back, soft instep and a small heel( about half a centimeter).The supinator in this case is intended to compensate for the absence of unevenness or pebbles under the feet. Also, do not give the child to wear someone else's or old shoes - in this case, the load on the foot will be incorrectly distributed.
An important factor for the normal formation of the foot in a child is a full and healthy diet. It is very important to provide the child with enough vitamins and correct phosphoric-calcium metabolism.
A growing pediatric foot requires regular training, whose role is perfectly performed by walking barefoot. It is very useful for the child to walk on uneven surfaces at least occasionally - sand, stones, grass, etc. In this case, the child can remain in his toes, but the shoes must be removed. At home, by the way, you can recreate such surfaces. For example, as pebbles peas are perfect. These simple measures are quite effective prevention of flat feet in the child.
As you have already understood, the main cause of the appearance of the disease most often is the inadequacy of loads or an incorrect load on the foot. Children's bones grow, they are very susceptible to external influences, therefore it is necessary to take preventive measures to avoid this disease.
What kind of treatment is prescribed for flatfoot?
Children often have longitudinal flat feet, which is successfully treated without surgery. In some cases, flat feet are congenital, then it must be treated from the first days of life. To treat the disease of this form, special langets and plaster bandages are usually used.
It is worth noting that you absolutely can not let the disease drift, when you have the first symptoms you need to see a doctor. Otherwise, you risk aggravating the situation, and the child will have instead of longitudinal combined flat feet, which combines longitudinal and transverse flat feet in children. This form of the disease is treated much more difficultly.
In general, since the main causes of the onset of the disease in a child are weak ligaments and muscles, and also unstable bones, a treatment of a "toning" nature is prescribed. The main task of such treatment is to strengthen the muscles and ligaments, then they themselves will lead the foot into a normal state.
Therapy of this type includes curative gymnastics and massage.
Physical exercise( FL) with flat feet in children is the mainstay of treatment, because they can bring the muscles and ligaments of the foot into the right state.
Massage with flat feet in children is also an effective method of treatment, which improves blood circulation and improves muscle tone.
Also in the treatment of flat feet in children often use special orthopedic insoles and orthopedic shoes. This method of treatment allows you to adjust the load on the foot. It is also very useful to walk on uneven surfaces, as discussed above.
For the success of treatment, it is extremely important to diagnose the disease as early as possible and begin treatment, so when the first suspicions appear, do not delay the visit to the doctor.
1. When a person stands or walks quickly gets tired.2. Pain in the calf muscles.3. By the end of the day, pain in the legs is worse.
An orthopedic physician identifies flat feet by examining the footprint and endures the flatfoot stage. Treatment of flat feet depends on the stage.
Static flatfoot is a very frequent type, in which there is a weakening of the muscles, as well as stretching of the ligaments, which leads to the development of flatfoot. Causes under items 2, 3, 5.
Congenital flat feet - occurs when developing in utero.
Plaque flat feet - a decrease in vitamin D, in childhood is one of the reasons for the development of flatfoot.
Traumatic platypodia - develops with incorrect overgrowth of the foot bones with a fracture, etc.
Paralytic flat feet - development occurs after the disease of poliomyelitis, there is paralysis of the muscles of the foot and lower leg.
1. Longitudinal flat-foot .In this case, the foot completely touches the floor and becomes relatively longer than before. With this type of flatfoot can develop a clubfoot and shoes will often wear out. Treatment depends on the degree of this species. They are divided into three:
- The first, not at all noticeable, but with it you feel tired with long walking or long loads.
- The second, the arch of the foot disappears, the pain is much stronger than at the first degree. The muscles cease to be elastic, the gait is disturbed.
- The third, the foot is deformed, the calves, feet, places in the region of the lower leg and spine are constantly ill. A person can not work long and even walk a long time. Normal shoes are not suitable for the third degree, since it is not possible for a person to move around in it.
2. Transverse flatfoot .There is a decrease in the length of the foot, when deformed, the thumb is deflected outward and a bone thickening is formed on it, which looks like a painful lump.
- First, the thumb is rejected no more than 20 degrees from the normal state. In the area of the fingers are formed napotypes. Slight soreness.
- The second, 25 - 30 degrees deviation. There was a pain, a burning sensation in the field of a foot and the first finger. The corpses increase.
- Third, 35 degrees, severe pain in the foot. The finger as if dislocated. And the puffins are more and more.
3. Mixed flat-foot .Longitudinal flatfoot + transverse flatfoot.
Why did I write all this?
Flat feet in children can lead to various problems, and this is a constant pain in the foot, legs, spine and its curvature, as well as headaches, fatigue and lead to a decline in academic performance( school, etc.).
Contact your orthopedic doctor with your child! !!After the examination, if the child has a flat foot, the doctor will give you advice, and also prescribe a treatment.
We choose the right shoes!
1. Shoes must be of high quality.2. On the shoes should be a hard back( heel).3. Not a big heel( not more than 0.7 cm).4. Special insole.
How to treat flat feet in a child?
There are two types of treatment, namely, surgical and conservative.
With conservative treatment, various foot massage, gymnastics, physiotherapy, special orthopedic insoles and shoes are used.
If at the time of starting treatment, then the platypodia is really cured!
Advice and prevention of flatfoot
It is necessary to roll the rolling pin with your feet on a flat floor.
Ask the child to grab the toy with his foot and drag it to another place, such as a box( this is 5 minutes a day).
Gymnastics. Circular motion of the foot from the floor.
The child stands on the floor, stands on his toes, not lifting his feet from the floor, and goes back.
Feet, namely, with the feet grabbing the ball and raising it from the floor, then release it.
We walk on the floor from the heel to the toe.
We go first on the heels, then on the toes, then on the outer edges of the foot.
Walking on an uneven surface( from my childhood: I had flatfoot prevention in the garden, we walked on rugs with sewn on buttons, pebbles, etc.).
I advise to receive useful articles on e-mail , so as not to miss valuable and interesting information!
Disease forms, degrees and their signs
The following types of disease stand out:
- plosco-valgus stop - X-shaped curvature of the ankle joint. Usually this is not an independent form of pathology, but the last stage is the longitudinal form of flatfoot.
The compilation of the arches of the foot has the following stages:
- Predilezny. Muscles of the lower leg and the top of the foot ache only after prolonged exercise.
- Intermittent flatfoot( 2nd stage).The muscles of the lower leg and the feet tighten and hurt by the end of the day. The lowering of the foot can be seen visually, in the evening. In the morning, the foot looks normal.
- At this stage, the final development of the flat foot is noted. The symptoms are as follows: legs become tired even after a short standing;there is a visual flattening of the foot, there is a need to choose shoes at once 1-2 sizes larger. In addition, the thumb is pushed aside.
- The stage of valgus curvature of the foot: the ascent is flattened simultaneously with the turn of the foot by the sole of the inside.
There are several degrees of transverse and longitudinal flat feet;they are evaluated according to different criteria. Diagnosis is carried out either according to the footprint( in children up to 7-10 years old), or by X-ray( after this age).The degree of transverse flattening is judged by the angle of the deviation of the thumb, and also by the angle between the thumb and the index finger:
- is normally the first indicator - less than 14 °, the second - less than 9 °
- at 1 degree - 15-20 ° and 10-12° between I and II fingers
- 2 degree is characterized by the numbers 21-30 ° and 13-15 °
- the transverse flatfoot of the 3rd degree is characterized by the figures 31-40 ° and 16-20 °
- 4 degrees - more than 41 ° and more 21 °.
Degrees of longitudinal flatfoot are estimated from the radiograph:
- 1 degree: arch 2.5-3.5 cm high, arch angle 131-140 °
- 2 degree: 1.7-2.4 cm, 141-155 °
- 3degree: less than 1.7 cm, 156 ° or more.
How to determine flat feet at home? This will help to make a simple test, which can be performed in a child over 5 years old( before this age - only medical diagnosis).To do this, you need to smear the baby's feet( especially painting the inside of the foot and thumb) with watercolor paint or oil, and then put it on a landscape sheet that can absorb your dye. The child is entertained for 30-60 seconds, so that he stands on the sheet calmly and in his usual pose. Further, the prints( scientifically, the plottogram) are evaluated:
- , the normal notch in the middle of the print leaves half the width of the foot
- at the I degree - slightly more than 1/3
- at the II degree - less than 1/3
- at III degree not at all
- atflattening of the transverse arch between the heel and the head of the metacarpal bone there is no generally shaded gap
- the valgus stop leaves a wide and deformed footprint( resembling a bear's paw).
Also look at the thumbprint.
Diagnosis of newborns and infants until the year is not put: if you suspect a flat foot recommendation for a set of passive exercises, the regime of the day, massage, wearing shoes and food.
In children older than 1 year, a survey is conducted, such as a doppler - measurement of the foot with subsequent calculations of the indices of the longitudinal and transverse arches.
Pre-school children also spend:
- podography - the study of the phases of walking, load distribution on the foot. A test is carried out in special shoes, in which the child is asked to pass on the metal track
- electromyography - examination of the activity of the calf and foot muscles
- determination of calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood
- computer tests in which the programs calculate the biomechanics of walking.
If the diagnosis is confirmed by these methods, X-rays of the feet are performed, which gives the most accurate result.
Treatment of flatfoot
The disease is chronic, that is, if left untreated, it will progress, causing all of the above consequences over time.
How to correct platypodia: the nature of the therapy will depend on the stage of the disease and the age of the child. In early childhood, the foot is even more cartilage than the bones, and if you give them the right position, then there is a great chance that their ossification will occur in the right position.
So how do I heal I-III stages of flatfoot? Everything starts with conservative methods.
Platypodial medications are prescribed when the disease is accompanied by severe pain or swelling of the legs. In these cases, tablets or syrups with pain medication can be used: Nurofen, Analgin. To eliminate edema, local medications that strengthen the venous vessels( Troxevasin-gel) and dilute blood( heparin ointment) can be used. A teenager can safely apply these drugs, but the parents of a baby should first consult a doctor.
For medicamental flatfoot therapy, drugs affecting the cause of the disease should be used: vitamin D - for rickets, muscle relaxants and antibiotics - for the treatment of the paralytic foot.
Antibiotics for the treatment of flatfoot itself are not used. They are used if there are symptoms of rheumatism or other bacterial diseases that are not related to flattening of the arches of the foot, even in the infant.
At home, but only in combination with other therapies, folk remedies can be used:
- Leaves of wormwood are washed, dried, applied to the soles of the feet and after bandaging are fixed with socks
- Trays with sea salt( 1 tbsp.for 1 liter of water)
- Contrasting baths: the legs should first be unzipped for 1-2 minutes, then rinse 15 seconds with cool water. In warm water, you can add a decoction of the bark of oak
- Warm baths with broth of mint
- Baths with sage.
Recall, this method is an auxiliary method. The main effect of treatment is achieved with the help of exercise therapy, physiotherapy methods, massage, wearing orthopedic shoes or insoles.
This method of treatment is applied at all stages of children's flatfoot. The mother makes a small child massage, the teenager uses self-massage with the help of hands, orthopedic rugs, rollers, balls. You can also make an orthopedic mat with your own hands, if you paste on and paste pieces of rough puzzles, buttons, pebbles, lids from plastic bottles. A good effect is also provided by the Plant simulator - insole, laid out with massage elements, which are worn for a while.
Manual massage enhances blood circulation, restores muscle tone. Performed such techniques as stroking, rubbing, tapping, kneading. The elements of vibration are necessarily included. Using finger pads, we draw a number 7 on the foot, drawing from the thumb to the little finger, leading the line to the heel.
The complex of exercises
LFK is selected by an orthopedist, performed first with an instructor, then repeated at home and in kindergarten. With a child in 1 year passive medical gymnastics is performed - when the movement of the legs of the baby is performed by the mother.
The following exercises are used:
- Sitting on a chair and putting feet on the floor, press the fingers several times. The heels thus firmly stand on the floor
- In a sitting position on a chair, collect cloth, roll a rolling pin, grab small objects
- Perform in the same position. It is necessary to slide the other leg with one thumb, then change the legs
- Standing on the toes 5-10 times from standing position.
- Walk on the inner and then outer edge of the foot.
- . When charging, it is necessary to walk on bars, along ropes.
Orthopedic insoles and shoes
These devices are prescribed only by an orthopedic physician from the first stage of the disease. If at I-II stages it is possible to use footwear purchased at specialized stores that will be sold by the orthopedist's prescription, then at stage III shoes and sandals are ordered already at special plants.
- support arches in anatomically correct position
- improve blood circulation
- reduce stress on leg joints and spine
- improve stability when standing
- improve overall well-being.
Reviews about this type of treatment - only positive. You need to wear these insoles in your home and in street shoes, but periodically you need to give them rest, it is desirable that the child at this time was barefoot.
To relax the pathologically constricted muscles of the foot and improve circulation in them, the following apply:
- applications with paraffin and ozocerite
is used to soften the ligaments. Operation
Surgery is performed in the orthopedic clinic in the event that, despite conservative treatment, flat feet led to the formation of valgus flattening of the foot.
Surgical intervention can consist both in creating an artificial fusion between the calcaneus and scaphoid bone, and in the gradual, step-by-step plastering of the foot with additional fixation with its spokes.
Rehabilitation after arthrodesis surgery is performed in multi-profile or orthopedic clinics( for example, CM-Clinic, Family Clinic, Medical Center Olympus in Moscow).It consists in the temporary plastering of the foot to a third of the shin with subsequent massage, physiotherapy, therapeutic gymnastics.
The diet after the operation is to eat a balanced diet that includes a sufficient number of proteins, calcium, vitamins( especially group B) and phosphorus.
Warn platypodia much easier than curing this chronic process. For this, it is necessary to observe such rules:
- Do not try to put the child before 7-8 months, and then with support. The optimal option - when the child himself becomes on the legs
- Carry out a prophylaxis for rickets
- Buy an orthopedic mat or make a mat with your own hands. On it, the child will become during the game, charging, cleaning the teeth
- At home, it is necessary to perform therapeutic exercises: walking on the side edges of the foot, picking up the tissues and objects from the floor
- The first and subsequent shoes are chosen so: there should be a hard and long back, a small heel. Keds can not be worn categorically. Slippers and flip-flops - for a short while, only with
- heat. Walking barefoot on different surfaces
- . Folk remedies used for the prevention of the disease are successfully used for its treatment.
- Attend kindergarten: the kindergarten will be given daily gymnastics that aims to prevent flat feet
- Diet contains a sufficient amount of meat and fish, as well as fruits and vegetables, fresh juices.
The advice is simple: do not look on the Internet how to fix the flatfoot found by you, but look for a specialist who:
- will pay attention to all aspects of the life of the child and family, which will help to cope with the disease( that is, it will tell about the diet and vitamins,and will pick up a set of exercises)
- will be busy not only with the treatment of the investigation - flat feet - but also with a search for its cause
- will tell you about the possible consequences of the disease and how they manifest so you know when to sound the alarm.
How to treat flat feet in children at home
Only the doctor can give an accurate, justified diagnosis. To do this, he assigns the child a planography. During this study, the person's feet are covered with a special remedy and are asked to stand on blank sheets of paper. On this fingerprint, the diagnosis of flatfoot is identified and treatment is prescribed. Such a survey provides informative indicators in adults. In the study of children, mistakes may occur due to the incomplete formation of the foot. Therefore, the younger the child, the more flat the print will be. The final diagnosis is set by the orthopedic physician.
Flat feet of any degree should be treated, or rather, take measures to properly form the foot. It is very important to visit the orthopedist for about a year. During this period of life, you can establish whether the child has a tendency to flat feet.
Symptoms of flat feet:
- When walking, children step on the inside of the foot. This is very noticeable in their walk.
- Clumsy. It is manifested by the fact that when walking the socks the feet turn outward. It arises from the weakness of the muscles. That is, they can not hold the normal position of the foot and therefore it turns out. The normal position of the legs is determined by the parallelism of the two feet.
In case of flatfoot, even the initial degree the child may complain of pain in the foot when walking or running. Pain can be felt in the knee, shin, backbone. The gait is broken, its smoothness and lightness is lost. Children can avoid moving games.to contents ↑
Flat-footedness in younger preschool age is no more than 3%.The congenital form of pathology is extremely rare. According to a number of researches and statistics of scientists, children are three times more likely to suffer from flat feet than those who constantly wear shoes. Exacerbates the pathology of the factor that shoes can be tight or "size with a margin."Therefore, for the prevention of the disease, it is very useful for babies to run barefoot. Natural conditions favor the normal development of the foot. Also, a large part in the formation of the foot is played by the load per foot. The risk of earning flat feet increases with low motor activity. This reason is relevant because modern children spend a lot of time with the tablet in their hands or in front of the TV at home. Such factors are classified as a sedentary lifestyle. This can trigger not only pathology of the feet, but also many other diseases. Also, the consequence of flat feet is a violation of normal posture.
When choosing children's shoes, you need to pay attention to a number of important requirements for its selection. Shoes should have a hard back, to fix the children's heel. The presence of the supinator is in the role of a compensator because of the lack of unevenness under the soles when walking. In children's shoes must be a small heel( 0.5 cm).It is not recommended to wear out someone's shoes, since it is already deformed and can spoil the baby's leg. Also, loose shoes will contribute to the uneven distribution of the load on the foot.
A full-fledged healthy diet plays an important role in the growth and proper formation of the foot. The body should receive a sufficient amount of calcium, phosphorus and vitamins. The growing body is useful for walking barefoot, massages of feet, an alternative to which can make use of a special massage mat. It can be made at home from plastic caps from bottles, chestnuts or pebbles. Walking on such a massage mat perfectly stimulates the feet and active points on them. This will have a beneficial effect on the whole body. It is also a replacement for walks on natural irregularities( sand, pebbles).In nature, you can leave the baby's legs in the socks. After all, the effect gives the foot touching the surface. The main condition is the lack of shoes on the legs. At home, you can pour dry peas on the floor and ask the baby to walk along it. This serves as a good prophylaxis for the development of flat feet in children.to the table of contents ↑
Fighting the disease
How to treat flat feet in children? In childhood, longitudinal flat feet of varying degrees are common. It can be cured without surgery. If the disease is congenital, then it is necessary to start treating the disease as early as possible. For these purposes, plastering of limbs or wearing langets( special tires on the leg of reusable use) are used.
The disease can not be started. Consultation of the doctor will prompt the optimal solution of the pathology. If the process is started, a transverse can join the longitudinal flatfoot. This degree of disease will be more difficult to cure. Treatment of longitudinal flat feet is aimed at strengthening bone tissue, muscles and ligaments. Then the foot itself will return to normal. For this purpose, children are prescribed a course of therapeutic massage and special gymnastics. At the heart of the treatment are special physical exercises aimed at improving the state of muscle tone.
Foot massage with flat feet of any degree makes it possible to improve blood circulation in the feet. You can do it yourself at home. Timely prevention will help to get rid of the adverse effects of pathology.
Flat feet in children
Flatfoot can be congenital or acquired, but the first form of the disease is extremely rare. The danger is an increase in the acquired form of the disease, since many simply do not pay attention to this problem in time. The tendency to increase the incidence of this problem in children has arisen for various reasons.
Factors provoking the appearance of flatfoot:
- increase in the number of children with excess weight;
- poorly made shoes;
- concomitant diseases of internal organs, leading to deficiency of useful substances;
- mechanical injuries and increased loads.
Only a few parents realize how dangerous the appearance of flat feet in the baby. The erroneous opinion that this illness "will pass by itself" and the misconception that it does not affect health, often lead to the most unfortunate consequences. The structure of the foot and the presence of two physiological vaults help a person to absorb the load that falls on the entire musculoskeletal system. If the arches are flattened on the foot, it can no longer perform the functions of the "spring", and when moving, all the recoil falls on the other joints of the legs. Of all the types of flat feet in children, there is often longitudinal, and transverse and combined is much less common.
Consequences in time not started treatment
At different ages in children, a healthy foot looks as shown in the figure.
The change in foot functions at an early age and the redistribution of the load can cascade the following pathological conditions:
- of the spine and its curvature;
- degenerative-dystrophic changes in the joints of the legs( arthrosis);
- osteochondrosis and intervertebral hernia.
In addition, the load redistribution can change the central position of the heel, causing such common signs of flatfoot:
- varus( deviation of the center of the heel inward);
- valgus( displacement of the center outwards).
The good news is that this disease in children is well amenable to correction, provided that the problem is identified at the age when it is still possible to form a foot. How to cure a flatfoot in a child, if you notice a deformity of the foot in the baby?
The main condition for obtaining the result is his age. If you have time to take a series of medical activities to 12-13 years, then you can hope that the treatment will be very effective. Conversely, late treatment to the doctor and untimely therapy can cost you and your teenager dearly. The fact is that the consequences of flat feet( scoliosis, intervertebral hernia and valgus deformation of the foot) in an adult person are diseases that are difficult to treat and sometimes require surgical intervention.
Treatment and prevention
Russian cities have specialized orthopedic kindergartens.
Many orthopedists confidently state that the treatment of this problem in children should begin with the elimination of factors that caused deformation of the foot. That is, in other words, before fixing a flatfoot in a child in conservative ways, it is necessary to eliminate all the causes that caused the disease.
- If a child has excess weight and an unbalanced diet, it is necessary to visit a nutritionist and adjust the diet.
- Show the orthopedist shoes in which your son or daughter walks, perhaps for her will need to order insoles. Why is it possible, you ask? Yes, because some shoes will have to be thrown away, since no insole can make the baby's shoes wider.
- Such causes of flat feet in children, like foot traumas and high loads, can be prevented by releasing the student from physical education while you are treating.
Many parents are interested - how to treat flat feet in children? Are conservative therapies sufficient, and in what cases do they resort to surgical techniques? If the diagnosis is made on time, then, as a rule, conservative measures are enough. The optimal age for rapid correction of deformity in children is the age of 6-7 years, when the problem can be completely eliminated.The older the child becomes, the more difficult it will be to conduct conservative activities. In adolescents over 13 years old, the choice of treatment is decided individually. Such children can prescribe lifelong use of insoles or operative intervention.
From conservative methods of treatment of this disease apply the following:
- selection of special shoes with strong back and insole;
- physiotherapy treatment and contrast baths;
- exercise therapy;