Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosisOsteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral disks of this area( changes in the structure of vertebral bodies due to destruction of the cartilaginous tissue between them, which is why their nutrition is disturbed).Almost every person older than 40 is suffering from this pathology in one way or another. Often, changes in the spine occur even at a young age and progress with age.
What causes osteochondrosis?
Many factors can influence the development of spine joint injuries, which can be conditionally divided into controlled and uncontrolled ones. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine appears due to:
- hereditary predisposition;
- hormonal disorders;
- abnormalities of the development of the musculoskeletal system;
- excessive and incorrect load on the spine( working at a computer, sedentary lifestyle);
- due to mechanical factors( sprain, injury of this part of the spine);
- wrong power supply.
The first three points are uncontrolled causes of the disease, it is almost impossible to cope with them. The last three factors can be influenced by systematic dosed loads, for example, with the help of exercise therapy( LFK).
How does the disease manifest itself?
Manifestations are diverse and involve many systems and bodies. Among the most significant symptoms are the following:
- does not show itself at the early stages of the development of the process;
- over time, there may be severe headaches and pain in the neck;
- dizziness and tinnitus;
- limitation of mobility of joints in the affected area;
- cardiac rhythm disturbances that can be seen on a cardiogram;
- insomiya( lack of full sleep);
- numbness of the limbs;
- spasm of the muscles of the neck, chest and back, shoulder girdle.
Treatment plan for osteochondrosis
The treatment of the disease must be treated in a comprehensive manner, affecting all the links in the development of the painful process. Treatment includes:
- analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs( ketorol, xsefokam, nimesulide, etodolac, diclofenac);
- medicines to relieve muscle spasm and reduce edema of tissues( tyzalud, midocalam);
- vitamins( nicotinic acid, B vitamins);
- chondroprotectors( substances restoring the structure of cartilage);
- has well proven itself in therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical department, which is also the prevention of the development of the disease;
- proper nutrition and active lifestyle;
- physiotherapy treatment.
Basic rules for performing the exercises
Classes can be held in special institutions with an instructor and at home, having previously selected an individual set of exercises with the specialist. General rules for the conduct of exercise therapy:
- not to start gymnastics without having previously completed a comprehensive set of examinations;
- is not recommended for starting such treatment alone, it is important to consult an instructor;
- exercises should be aimed at strengthening the muscles of the cervical spine, without excessive strain on the entire vertebral column;
- it is necessary to follow the principle from simple to complex: more effectively the gradual increase in the number and duration of classes;
- exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can not be performed through strength and pain, the movements should be soft and smooth;
- physical education does not end after the onset of relief, it should be performed continuously;
- should not be interrupted.
There are several well-proven techniques for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, we learn what their features are and what their differences are.
Classic exercises for strengthening the neck muscles
All movements are performed in a standing or sitting position for 5-6 repetitions. When performing exercise therapy there should be no sensations of discomfort and acute pain. Complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
- for the beginning it is necessary to lead a neck in vertical position and to weaken shoulders;
- slow and smooth turns to the right and left, 5 times in each direction;
- it is necessary to sit down straight, to throw back the head and try to reach the right ear to the right shoulder, after doing the same in the other direction;
- put your palms on your forehead and slowly press them with your head, while the palms should stay in the same place( resist pressure);
- is an exercise similar to the previous one, but in this case the palm should be put on the temple, pressing on it with the head, counting to itself to five, repeating 3 times in turn on each side;
- to shrug the shoulders forward, raise them upwards as much as possible, then back up and bring it back down, thus describing the circle.
Classes are held in a standing position, smooth smooth movements of the neck are performed without excessive efforts and pain. Gymnastics should be done for 12 minutes every day to achieve the desired result. A few simple exercises from Butrimov's technique:
- stretching the neck and head forward, and then returning it to its original position, with the trunk and shoulders remain immobile;
- alternate turn of the head to the left and right at each turn it is necessary to stretch the chin to the shoulder;
- smooth tilt of the head forward, trying to touch the chin with your chin, after tilting backwards with an attempt to reach the crown to the back;
- maximum slow and quiet turn of the head left and right;
- the following exercise - tilt the head forward and turn in this position in each direction;
- a soft and smooth turn of the head from right to left, maximally stretching the chin forward.
Such physical exercises are important to do daily and after 4-5 months many manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis will disappear. If something does not work, do not try to apply maximum efforts, gradually the muscles will become more elastic and supple.
These classes are primarily aimed at stretching the muscles and improving the supply of vertebrae in this area. After improving the state of health, work on yourself does not end.
Getting rid of osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky
According to this technique, it is recommended to conduct exercises daily. After only two weeks, after improving the state of health, the number of classes is reduced. Than such treatment differs:
- work is spent by a method of a kinesitherapy( treatment by means of movements in which the person participates);
- in order to maximize the effect, special simulators are used, that is, classes are held only in the centers;
- before the beginning of treatment, doctors fully examine people and select a set of exercises in accordance with changes in the spine;
- primarily in these exercises train the muscles adjacent to the spine, thereby improving the nutrition of the affected vertebrae and the painful symptoms gradually weaken.
Therapeutic physical training is preventive in nature, if you start to practice before the appearance of violations. In the case when the disease is rapidly progressing or there are pronounced changes, do not immediately abandon the set of exercises. Trust the specialists who will choose a more gentle method, but at the same time significantly facilitates the course of the disease.
We apply the gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky with cervical osteochondrosis: 7 exercises
Gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky is not just a complex of exercises of therapeutic physical training. It is based on kinesitherapy - a special "motion treatment", which uses the internal reserves of the body.
A distinctive feature of Bubnovsky's methodology is the drawing up of individual programs for spine or joint reconstruction, which the specialist from the center develops individually for each patient after a special myofascial examination( during which the localization of the pathological focus is very accurately determined).
First, the patient is trained to correctly perform physical exercises with specialists in the Bubnovsky centers, and then can continue to study independently at home.
Three differences of this gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis from classical physical therapy:
individual selection of physical loads, depending on the revealed pathology and reserve capabilities of the patient's body;
strengthening of the deep muscles of the muscular corset, which are rarely involved in the performance of conventional exercise exercise therapy;
combination of physical exertion with breathing exercises, special massage and cryotherapy( curative effect of cold).
To improve the effectiveness of his exercises, Dr. Bubnovsky developed a special simulator, which, under the supervision of a specialist, facilitates a quicker removal of the pain syndrome and the restoration of mobility.
Gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky allows not only to stop the destruction of the spine with cervical osteochondrosis, but also to avoid prolonged treatment or surgery.
Seven exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Complex for cervical osteochondrosis of seven exercises, described below, is available to every person, since it does not require the availability of a simulator and is simple enough to perform at home.
Exercises "Spring"( 1), "Review"( 2) and "Metronome"( 3) from the complex of therapeutic gymnastics Bubnovsky with cervical osteochondrosisName and starting position( IP) Rules of implementation
IP: stand with your face facing the mirror, lower your arms along the trunk, keep your head straight.
Put your head down and hold it for a few seconds.
Lift your chin up and pull it slightly forward, hold your head in this position.
Return to the PI.
IS the same.
Tilt your head to your left shoulder and hold it for 30 seconds.
Return to the starting position.
Perform the tilt of the head to the right shoulder, also fixing the head for 30 seconds.
Make at least six slopes.
IS the same.
Turn your head to the right as far as you can, hold it for a few seconds.
Repeat this same movement to the left.
Make at least three turns in each direction.
IP is the same, but hands on the belt.
Pull out the neck, the chin should be parallel to the floor.
Do not change the position of the chin, pull your head forward.
Turn the body to the side, with the chin reaching out to the shoulder. Wait 30 seconds.
Return to the starting position.
Do the same by turning the other way.
Perform at least six turns in each direction.
IP: sit on a chair, hands on your knees, keep your head straight.
Straighten your arms and take them back, at the same time throwing your head back.
Return to the starting position.
6. Overview( more complicated version).
IP: same as in the previous version.
Place the palm of your left hand on your right shoulder while turning your head in the same direction( right).
Observe the position of the elbow, it should be parallel to the floor;the second hand at this time keep motionless on the knee.
Do the same by turning the other way.
PI: sit on a chair, lift your arms above your head, and bend slightly at the elbows.
Turn your head all the way to one side.
Return to the starting position.
Turn your head the other way.
Be sure to fix the head position for a few seconds each time.
Advantages and disadvantages of Bubnovsky's gymnastics
The advantages of Bubnovsky's gymnastics( which are relevant both in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis and in other departments):
- Versatility. Exercises for the neck are effective not only in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, but also for recovery in the postoperative period or after trauma. They are also useful as a preventive measure.
- Security. This gymnastics relieves not only of negative symptoms, but also of the disease itself without the use of medicines and chemicals.
- No contraindications for age and sex.
- Long-term therapeutic effect and prevention of recurrence of the disease.
- Positive effect on the body as a whole. Gymnastic exercises increase its protective functions, strengthen muscles, contribute to weight correction.
The Bubnovsky method is recognized as official medicine, patented and has the necessary permits.
From the "shortcomings" can only be called the need to strictly comply with the prescribed mode of the orthopedist, do not skip classes and correctly perform all the prescribed exercises.
Five rules for the effectiveness of classes
The positive result of gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis according to the method of Dr. Bubnovsky will be given if the following rules are observed:
the first two weeks of the session should be conducted every day without missing;
later the number of sessions per week is determined by the physician individually, usually they are held up to eight times a month;
during gymnastics it is necessary to constantly control the posture;
exercises are conducted in front of the mirror to control the accuracy of movements;
the duration of the course of treatment by gymnastic exercises is determined individually by the physician of the exercise therapy, but this is not less than three months.
With regular exercises and proper execution of each exercise, Dr. Bubnovsky's gymnastics will quickly relieve you of problems in the cervical region and help cure osteochondrosis without taking medications that often have many undesirable side effects.
Author: Svetlana Kant
The cervical spine is an important connecting point between the body and the brain, and the disruption of its functionality often has disastrous consequences. That is why it is so important to diagnose the development of osteochondrosis in time and start treating it. Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis should be part of the complex treatment of the disease, because they can have a significant impact on the recovery process.
Osteochondrosis is a disorder in the structure of the vertebrae and intervertebral discs, which often occur due to age-related changes, but can also be caused by a metabolic disorder in the body or constant stress. Osteochondrosis of the cervical or thoracic spine develops in a specific area of the back and is manifested by pain sensations.
Before the appointment of a doctor, a doctor should conduct a series of examinations and tests to determine the cause of osteochondrosis, to determine the features of the disorder, and also the stage of development in which osteochondrosis is located. All these factors largely determine how you can fight the disease. Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis and massage will be effective only if the disease is not at the last stage of development.
The positive effect of gymnastics
Moderate physical activity for a healthy person is useful, develop muscles and strengthen the body. For a diseased part of the spine, the functionality of which is broken, it is impossible to do regular exercises, a special set of exercises should be developed and prescribed. The cervical spine is much more mobile than, for example, thoracic, so any violation of its mobility is accompanied by pain or discomfort.
Physical exercises for the cervical department are prescribed by a physician, and therefore must be performed under his supervision. You can do this in a hospital, if the patient does not mind, or at home, focusing on video classes. The benefits of such a therapeutic exercise will manifest itself in many ways:
- improving blood circulation;
- pain relief;
- strengthening of muscles.
Any exercises for the cervical spine should be combined with correct, slow breathing, this will help to increase their effectiveness. In addition, a measured deep breathing will allow you to connect the thoracic spine to the charging, working it along with the cervical.
Complex of exercises by Dr Butrimova
Recently, specialists have developed many innovative methods of treating osteochondrosis. Dr. Butrimov applies in practice his own complex for eliminating the problems of the spine, which is based on eastern wisdom and long-term practice of influencing the body.
Butrimov offers therapeutic exercises in a relaxed atmosphere and only in a relaxed state. Then the osteochondrosis of the neck can be cured and eliminated as effectively as possible.
This method can be used only after the appointment of a doctor. On the Internet, you can find a video with a detailed description of all the exercises for the neck, but do not self-medicate. The complex, which developed Butrimov, is designed for daily classes of 15-20 minutes. Gradually increasing the load, you can achieve significant relaxation of the neck muscles and facilitate the course of the disease.
Technique of Dikul
Another complex treatment for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the complex of exercises by Valentin Dikul. Together with other methods of treatment, this technique gives quite quick and positive results. After several months of exercise, the osteochondrosis of the neck appears much less, and the mobility and functionality of the spine will be restored.
Dicul exercises are aimed at activating the body. The author of the methodology claims that the human body has enough resources to recover in any disease. Therefore, forcing it to work, you can speed up the process of recovery of the cervical spine.
If the doctor prescribed the application of Dikul's technique, you can watch video lessons on the Internet to correctly and correctly perform the whole complex of therapeutic gymnastics. The video will help you to do the exercises in the right order with the desired amplitude. Although the most optimal performance of Dikul's exercises will be work under the supervision of a specialist, and not a home video viewing.
This technique will also be useful in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine.
The treatment of osteochondrosis Bubnovsky
Another effective set of exercises developed by Dr. Bubnovsky, who in his practice adhered to the principle that the movement is life. Therapeutic exercises are aimed at restoring mobility of all parts of the spine, which will positively affect the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Dr. Bubnovsky offers exercises for the back on a special simulator, the use of which allows not only to reduce pain in the cervical spine, but also activate the work of muscles, strengthening them. After performing therapeutic exercises, blood circulation in the neck is restored, metabolic processes in the vertebrae are normalized.
It is unlikely that any patient will be against if the doctor suggests doing this procedure at home using video with the complex. Modern technology allows you to undergo treatment in this way.
Rules for performing gymnastics for the neck department of
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis differ from normal charging, so the approach to them should be special. Whichever technique or type of gymnastics the doctor has appointed, there are several general rules that one should adhere to in order to treat the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine correctly and effectively.
The main rules for medical treatment are the following.
- It is necessary to perform therapeutic exercises more than once a day, as usual exercises, and with every available opportunity during the day, especially if the person is busy in sedentary work.
- Despite the fact that almost all exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis do not affect other parts of the body, two times a day you need to do exercises only when standing, and during additional exercises you can sit.
- Before starting the exercises, you need to do a little neck massage to warm up and prepare the muscles.
Adhering to these rules when performing a therapeutic complex of exercises, you can significantly improve the effectiveness and effectiveness of classes. Exercises from osteochondrosis of the neck should become a significant part of the overall complex of treatment of the disease. With the right approach and the implementation of all the recommendations of specialists, osteochondrosis can be eliminated completely and permanently forget about such a disease.
Author of the article: Site expert Hurts Sustava.ru
Special complex for the cervical spine of Dr. Butrimov.
Special complex for the cervical spine.http: //www.butrimov.ru/
Breathing is arbitrary, the main thing without delays.
On breathing: http: //www.butrimov.ru/ psycho-energet. ..
Especially useful for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Consult your physician before starting this complex.
You can make the complex sitting, but watch for the relaxed shoulders.
FOR EVERYONE WHO SITS WORK AND THE FORCED LONG STATIC STRESS OF THE NECK.
I RECOMMEND THIS GYMNASTIC AT THE END OF EVERY HOUR!
The possibility of consulting and learning by Skype with Dr. Butrimov: http: //butrimov.ru/training/ online-tr. ..
Patient feedback: http: //www.butrimov.ru/ therapeutic-pr. ..
Complete spine restoration: http: //butrimov.ru/ therapeutic-practi. .. is possible only withindividual selection of special exercises.
With the help of stretching and twisting exercises, the effect of "lianas braiding the spine" is achieved. An obligatory requirement, they must be performed with inner relaxation.
For 30 years, the most effective exercises for creating and strengthening the "muscular framework" of the spine were selected.
Open group on facebook:
Qigong with Dr. Butrimov https: //www.facebook.com/groups/ 52479. ..