Reliable and effective sets of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint
How to practice physical education, what are the non-obvious nuances in training, and what specific exercises need to be done to say goodbye to the disease?
If you firmly decide to fight for recovery, , stop hoping only for medicines - many of them will not give the proper effect if you neglect physical activity! Nature has given joints the opportunity to recover, only when we use them. When moving cartilage tissue secrete synovial fluid, which ensures the sliding of the joint surfaces, and if there is no mobility, the lubricant is not released, the cartilage dries up and arthrosis progresses.
Exercises for osteoarthritis of the knee( gonarthrosis) should preserve mobility in the knees and prevent them from becoming permanently stiffened.
First time gymnastics can seem heavy, cause discomfort and even a slight pain, but such pain is healing. A few weeks of regular classes - and it will disappear.
You need to work at least 2-4 days a week, but best of all - daily, for 30-45 minutes. The load must be metered, that is, you should not get tired much after completing the complex. If a half-hour session seems too long, do the exercises in several ways. For example, every 10-15 minutes pause or divide the complex into 2 parts - one perform in the morning as a charge, and the second - in the afternoon or evening.
You will feel the effect pretty quickly: after 1-2 weeks of training, most patients note a decrease in morning stiffness in the knee joints and easier tolerability of the load on them. A persistent improvement occurs in a few months, but can not be stopped after this: the path to recovery with arthrosis of the knees is the path of the athlete.
An approximate set of exercises for knee arthrosis. Click on the picture to enlarge
Two simple and very effective complex of exercises
Each complex is important to start with the most simple exercises - for warm-up, then their order can be anything. Light exercises should be performed alternately with difficult ones so as not to overload the knee joints, and after the exercises there were no muscle pains. If you have acute pain in the depth of the knee, stop exercising and show your doctor.
Complex of exercises from the standing position
Walking on the spot. Put your hands on your belt and march, trying to raise your knees higher.
Hold on to the support, tear one leg off the floor and perform slow flexion and extension at the knee with maximum amplitude. After 8-10 repetitions, change your leg.
Get up on the toes of both feet and, without taking your feet off the floor, stand on your heels, lifting your socks as high as possible. Repeat 25 times.
A set of exercises from the "on the back" position
Simultaneously and in turn, bend your feet, trying to stretch your toes with your fingers. In doing so, you should feel a strong tension of the calf muscles. Repeat 10-15 times.
All known "scissors": lift the straight legs above the floor, slightly dilute them and again bring them up, crossed. After this, again, dilute and cross, to the top was the other leg. Repeat 4-6 times.
Fold your foot and when counting "one-two", helping hands, pull the knee joint to the stomach. At the expense of "three or four", lower your leg. Repeat 4-6 times.
"Bicycle": bend the legs in the knee and hip joints and imitate them by twisting the pedals. Repeat 8-12 times.
Bend both knees in your lap and bring the feet on the floor closer to the basin. Slowly and smoothly perform flies with the legs until the knee is fully unbent. Repeat 8-14 times with each foot.
Nine Exercises of Dr. Evdokimenko
According to the doctor-rheumatologist Evdokimenko Pavel Valerievich, the author of many books on the health of the musculoskeletal system, this complex with arthrosis of the knee joints gives the fastest result. These exercises include the work of all tendons and muscles associated with the knee.
Lying on your back, lift your straight leg about 15 degrees above the floor. Hold in this position for 25-40 seconds and lower your leg. During lifting and holding the leg, the body and pelvis should remain immobile - only the muscles of the thigh and buttocks work. After a short rest, lift the second leg. In the static version, the exercise is performed 1 time, in dynamic mode - the time for keeping the legs is reduced to 1-2 seconds, and the number of repetitions increases to 10-12.
Lying on your stomach, flex 90 degrees one( any) leg in the knee joint. Raise the bent leg 10 degrees above the floor and hold for 25-40 seconds. Holding the leg, as in the previous exercise, occurs only through the work of the muscles of the thigh and buttocks. In the static version it is executed 1 time, in the dynamic version - the retention time is 1-2 seconds, the number of repetitions is 10-12.
Exercise for physically strong people with trained muscles: lying on your abdomen, raise your straight legs 10-15 degrees above the floor and slowly dilute their sides, and then slowly reduce them. Do not lower your legs to the floor, repeat the mixing and breeding 8-10 times.
Lying on its side, bend the lower leg in the knee joint, and straighten the upper leg. Slowly lift the upper leg 40-45 degrees above the floor and hold for 25-35 seconds. Turn over to the second side and repeat the same movements.
Sitting on a chair, lift the straightened leg as high as possible, hold for 40-50 seconds, then lower it and do the same with the second leg. Repeat 2-3 times.
Standing, hands resting on the back of the chair, rise high on the socks and stay for 20-30 seconds. Do 10-15 repetitions. In the dynamic version of the exercise, the duration of ascent to socks is 1-2 seconds. Lowering the heels to the floor, be sure to relax the calf muscles.
In the rhythm of the previous exercise, lift the socks, standing on the heels.
Place one leg on the toe, raising the heel high while the other foot is on the floor with the entire foot. After this, smoothly change the position of the legs, as if rolling from toe to toe.
Sitting on a chair, perform a thigh massage, vigorously grinding their front and sides about 3 minutes. Finish by gently stroking each thigh in a direction from the bottom up.
Another effective complex:
General contraindications to physical culture
- Increased intracranial and arterial pressure.
- Acute inflammatory diseases of any localization.
- Diseases of the heart and blood. Hernia and groin.
Gymnastics is not the only, but extremely important part of the complex of therapy for arthrosis of knee joints. And its combination with general physical activity and a healthy lifestyle is more beneficial than any medicine.
We recommend reading: arthrosis of the hip joint.
Knee joint arthrosis exercises
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is a disease that, like most diseases of the musculoskeletal system, should be treated with motion. Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint should provide a load of muscle and ligaments located next to the affected joint, and at the same time, provide peace and not wear the joint itself. For this, the complex of exercises for arthrosis should primarily consist of static, rather than dynamic movements. Static means that you will freeze for a few seconds in each position, thus, you will not wear an already painful joint.
Before starting exercises with knee arthrosis, you should always consult a doctor, as only an expert and an X-ray can show the areas of damage in your knee.
Exercise for arthrosis is allowed only during remission, when the inflammation is already insignificant or has passed. At the same time, the most important thing for your health and future joints is to realize that physical activity is the only sure way to restore the knees.Exercises
The first part of the exercises from the knee arthrosis complex is performed sitting on a chair. Now we will work on the quadriceps muscles of the legs.
- Alternately raise your knees up, hands resting on the chair.
- We raise both knees simultaneously, detained and lowered.
- We lift one by one and straighten our legs.
- The bent legs were torn off the floor. Both legs were straightened and fixed for a few seconds. Returned to the IP, again pulled and fixed. We perform up to 10 - 15 times.
- We keep the legs on the weight and alternately pull them forward, as if, we hit the ball. We try not to lower our legs to the floor.
- We stretch our legs and work the ankle joints of the legs alternately. Circles, eight, etc.
The second half of the exercises of our complex with knee arthrosis should be performed in a prone position.
- We lay down on the back, perform a "bicycle".
- Bent legs in the knees, put them wider, hands along the body. We perform the "bridge", fix it for 10 seconds.
- Complicating: put the tibia of the right leg on the left knee and become the bridge on three points. We change the legs and hold for 10 seconds.
- Bridge with a straight leg - straightened one leg, we rise to the bridge. We change legs.
The slower we perform the exercises, the greater the burden we give to the ligaments and muscles. The duration of one workout is 10 to 15 minutes, 4 to 5 approaches can be done per day.
Therapeutic gymnastics and physical training with arthrosis of the knee joint
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint is an effective way of treating this very unpleasant pathology. LFK underlies any scheme of treatment of the disease, at whatever stage of development it may be. In this issue, physicians have accumulated vast practical experience, and the developed methods provide the necessary efficiency.
An important condition for the correctness of the developed treatment program - therapeutic gymnastics for knee arthrosis should be individualized, taking into account the characteristics of the organism of the sick person. Accurate diagnosis of the stage of the disease and consideration of all factors is a guarantee that exercise therapy will become a real medicine for the patient.
The essence of the disease
Osteoarthritis of the knee joints, or gonarthrosis, is a degenerative disease that causes destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, joint deformity and disruption of the knee joint function. The initial lesion of the cartilage tissue originates at the molecular level with a subsequent change in the structure of the substance, which leads to clouding, thinning and delaminating the cartilage, as well as cracking it in different directions.
In the clinical picture of the development of the disease, three main stages are distinguished. At the first stage, small anomalies of hyaline cartilage are noted, while the joint retains its shape. In its cavity accumulates fluid penetrating the popliteal fossa with the possibility of the appearance of Baker's cyst. Pain syndrome manifests itself when walking and prolonged standing( especially noticeable when descending the stairs), but passes in a state of rest.
The second stage is characterized by a significant thinning of the cartilage, up to the complete disappearance of the napkin. Edge proliferation of bone tissue and narrowing of the cracks develop. Any movements are accompanied by a pain syndrome, and for its weakening a long rest is necessary.
The main signs of the third stage - the disappearance of cartilage in a significant area, obvious bone sclerosis, the appearance of numerous osteophytes, a strong narrowing of the joint gap. Pain syndrome is expressed by increased intensity and does not pass at rest. There is a certain limitation of joint mobility, muscle hypotrophy in the thigh and lower leg, bone deformation begins. Changes in the gait and shape of the extremities are noted.
The causes of gonarthrosis
The following main causes are distinguished in the etiology of the disease: hereditary predisposition laid down at the gene level;old knee injuries;overweight person, causing increased stress on the knee joint;excessive physical exertion;disturbance of metabolic processes as a result of certain diseases, leading to intra-articular deposition of crystals( eg, uric acid);the age factor associated with natural degenerative processes.
Treatment of pathology
At the present time, gonarthrosis is not completely cured, but it is possible to stop the destruction of tissues and ensure the full capacity for work of the person, applying an integrated approach to treatment. The current treatment scheme includes the following directions: wearing special knee braces to relieve the stresses from the medial sites;the appointment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;a diet designed to lose weight;Physiotherapy exercises, including a special set of exercises;reception of muscle relaxants;physiotherapy;the introduction of hyaluronic acid to replace the synovial fluid;use of chondroprotectors;prescribing drugs to normalize blood supply and improve blood rheology;PRP-technique, based on the introduction of the drug for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue;surgical treatment if necessary( arthroscopy and arthroplasty of the joint).The most important element of treatment are physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint, incl. Special exercises for the elderly with arthrosis.
Basic principles of exercise therapy
LFK for arthrosis is a physical exercise that helps to develop the affected joint, improve the motor function, strengthen the muscles and increase their tone. Charging should be carried out according to an individual program, calculated for a long period of systematic treatment. The program should take into account the human condition, stage and phase of the disease;always draw attention to contraindications. In the period of remission exercises with arthrosis of the knee are performed more often, longer and with a greater load, and with exacerbation of the disease, the intensity is minimized.
The following basic principles are generally recognized: physical education should not cause pain;physical loads are initially assigned minimum in size and duration with increasing their intensity - the exercises begin with simple movements with gradual complication;Physical exercise with arthrosis should be regular( without prolonged interruptions).
General rules of
All the curative gymnastics schemes include basic rules that do not allow overloading and provide maximum efficiency, but under the main rule - do no harm:
- All movements are made smoothly, at a slowed pace, and their amplitude grows gradually.
- Exercises are conducted daily.
- The total duration of physical education during the day should not exceed 35-45 minutes with a separation of 3-4 periods in 10-15 minutes each.
- Rest after each session should be at least 4 hours.
- The number of repetitions of one exercise in the initial period( 12-14 days) is no more than 4-5 times with the subsequent increase to 6-10 times, if necessary.
- Start the session with relaxation of the leg muscles to improve blood flow.
- After each lesson, rest is provided - in a supine position with relaxed elongated legs, slightly apart;bending of the legs in the knees or rest sitting is not recommended.
- Good consolidation of medical gymnastics - easy independent massage of the joint and the entire limb for 6-8 minutes.
Exercises of medical gymnastics
In LFK with gonarthrosis are included both very simple and more complex exercises, depending on the severity of joint damage.
They are carried out from a different starting position( IP): lying down, sitting and standing;and in the prone position on the bed there can be IP on the side, back or stomach.
Exercises in a supine position. The most common exercises are exercises performed in the supine position on the back:
- IP: hands along the trunk;on inhalation, the arms are raised and withdrawn slightly backwards while bending the feet to themselves, exhaling to return to the FE.
- On inhalation, the knee is pulled to the abdomen on one leg, on exhalation - return to the FE;then the same exercise is performed with the other leg.
- The legs bend at the knees with the pelvis raised.
- IP: the legs are bent at the knees. First one leg goes up and down, then the same happens with the other leg.
- Drawing one straight leg to the side and returning;then the same with the other leg.
- IP: hands along the trunk;on inhalation both arms and leg rise, on exhalation - return to the FE.
- Repeats with the other leg.
- Exercise "Bike" for 12-15 seconds.
- Exercise "Scissors" with raised legs for 10-12 seconds.
In the supine position, the exercises are performed first on the left and then on the right:
- The lower leg is bent at the knee, and the upper leg is raised to a height of 25-30 cm.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee joint.
- Sequential retraction of the leg back and forth.
In the supine position, the following exercises are recommended:
- IP: hands under the chin;alternately legs in a straight state rise.
- On inspiration, the head and upper body rises without detaching legs from the surface, on exhalation - returning to the FE.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee with the rise of the lower limb.
- Simulate swimmer movements when swimming with a crawl.
Exercises in a sitting position( sitting on a chair).You can suggest such exercises( IP - the back is straight, hands rest on a chair):
- "Shaking with the feet": rapid alternating flexion and extension of the legs in the knee.
- Alternately straighten the leg to the right angle with the fixation in the upper position for 2-3 seconds.
- Rising from a chair with a rise of hands and a quick return to the back.
- Raise both legs at right angles and dilute them to the side.
Exercises in standing position are carried out using a support on the back of a chair or table. Most often the following movements are carried out:
- Hands embrace the back of the chair;The legs are alternately withdrawn as far as possible.
- IP: standing sideways to the chair, hands on the back;alternate flies straight leg forward and backward.
Exercises for the Hatha Yoga system. When gonarthrosis is recommended several exercises that are part of the Hatha Yoga exercises:
- PI: standing, feet shoulder width apart, arms lowered;inclination of the trunk with reaching the hands of the toes with a slight lowering of the trunk;breathing is even.
- IP: sitting on the knees, the body is upright, the arms are lowered;it is necessary to sit smoothly on the heels and stay in this state for 1.5-2 minutes.
- IP: sitting on the floor, legs straight;slow inclination without flexing of legs, duration of exercise - 1,5-2 minutes.
Physical exercises should be combined with outdoor walks, swimming, bath procedures, solarium, and also combined with physiotherapy procedures and therapeutic massage. Be healthy!
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint accelerate the treatment of the disease
Arthrosis - degenerative changes in the cartilaginous tissue, accompanied by pain and crunch during exercise, impairment of joint mobility. Completely cure arthrosis is impossible.
However, to slow the progression of the disease, to prevent complete destruction of articular cartilage and improve mobility can be. In addition to conservative medical methods, special gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint has proved to be very useful.
Morning exercise with arthrosis of the knee will take a minimum of time, but will improve the flow of blood to the joints and microcirculation. Exercises are performed sitting with a straight back as possible, if it is difficult to hold your back, lean on the pillows. Put your feet on the floor for shoulder width. Each exercise is performed for at least 30 seconds.
- Alternately, rhythmically pull the toes of the feet to themselves, leaving the heels on the floor. At the same time, massage your knees with light rubbing movements. Massage with arthrosis of the knee joint has a slight stimulating and warming effect. In combination with exercises, massage produces a noticeable therapeutic effect.
- Rise of heels. Similar to the first exercise. Continue to rub your knees, but in a circular motion.
- Mixing-breeding. The heels remain on the width of the shoulders, slowly and smoothly turn the toes of the feet inside, rounding the back. Then maximally deploy the feet and knees outward, possibly bending in the back.
- Flexion-extension. Slowly and accurately bend the leg in the knee, pulling it under him. If it turns out, tear the foot off the floor. Then straighten out and repeat with the other leg.
- Steps forward and back. Completely tearing off the feet from the floor for "one-two" step forward, on "three-four", return the foot under the bed.
Such simple exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint will have a restorative effect and will prepare the knees for a long day.
Day after day,
Feet experiences stress all day long. To achieve a therapeutic effect and alleviate pain in arthrosis of the knee, exercises must be performed every day.
Physiotherapy exercises should include all bending, unbending and circular movements in the knee joint without axial load. Be sure to attend a warm-up( you can use exercises from morning exercises) and self-massage. Do not forget about the correct deep breathing - avoid straining, breathe smoothly and deeply.
From CFC for arthrosis of the knee joint, squats, unstable positions and movements that cause acute pain should be excluded. Most exercises are performed while sitting and lying down.
Complex of exercises
Lying on the back:
- Alternately bending the legs in the knee, trying to tighten the heel as close to the buttocks. The feet remain on the floor.2-10 times with each foot.
- Press the lower back to the floor and lift your legs up. Bend the right leg in the knee, lowering the heel to the buttock. Straighten your leg so that it becomes parallel to the floor. Return the straight leg up.5-15 times with each foot.
- Lift the straight leg a few centimeters from the floor and hold it for 3-5 seconds.2-20 repetitions with each foot.
Lying on the stomach:
- Bend your legs, trying to reach the buttocks with your heels. Alternately, then together. Up to 50 repetitions.
- Straight legs shoulder width apart. Pull the socks on yourself, rest them on the floor and try to lift your knees. Hold for 3-5 seconds and relax.1-5 times.
- Bend one leg in the knee, the foot is pointed at the ceiling. Perform slow circular movements in the direction and counterclockwise with the maximum possible amplitude.10 times in each direction. Repeat with the other leg. Rest lying with straight legs.
Exercise daily, massage, swim, if possible. Try to wear comfortable shoes and do light gymnastics at every opportunity. With arthrosis of the knee joint exercises in combination with drug support can significantly prolong the life of damaged tissues, improve their condition and stop the progression of the disease.Please rate the article:( votes: 4 , average: 4.00 of 5) Loading. ..
The best exercises for knee arthrosis
- Exercise eighth for gymnastics with knee arthrosis
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is the most common form of the disease. And this is not surprising, because the knee joint is subjected to heavy loads and is often traumatized. Excess weight, the presence of problems with the heart, blood vessels, metabolic disorders and genetically engineered defects of the cartilaginous tissue predispose to the development of the disease. The pathological process begins with the degeneration of the articular cartilage or its trauma and gradually shifts to the bones, joint bag, ligaments and muscles. Already at the beginning there are pains, stiffness of movements in the joint, later there is a characteristic crunch in the joint, the volume of movements is limited. The presence of fragments of cartilage in the joint cavity often leads to blockages, and the proliferation of bone tissue and narrowing of the joint gap causes contracture. How to treat knee arthrosis to prevent complete immobilization of articular articulation? In this issue, not the last place is given to gymnastics, with knee arthrosis it is important to correctly and regularly perform special exercises.
Before treating knee arthrosis, we recall the contra-indications for the classes:
- marked limitation of movements in the knee joint;
- presence of pain in the joint, swelling or redness;
- body temperature above 37.5oC;
- acute infectious and acute diseases of internal organs;
- inguinal hernia and hernia of anterior abdominal wall - a contraindication for exercise with knee arthrosis;
- cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, knee arthrosis by gymnastics is prohibited in this case;
- postoperative period;
- menstrual bleeding in women and metrorrhagia, blood loss may increase due to exercise. For arthrosis of the knee joint, you should wait for the bleeding to stop.
The first exercise with knee arthrosis
Starting position: lying on the abdomen with straight legs, arms along the trunk.
- Strengthen the muscles of the hamstrings and buttocks, lift the straight leg 15 cm from the floor and hold the canopy for 30 seconds. Then gently lower it to the floor. Repeat with each foot for 1 time.
- Repeat the exercise in a dynamic variant: raising and lowering the right right and left leg 10-12 times. After each movement, do not forget to completely relax the muscles of your legs. Remember, do not be worthy of setting records, your goal is to increase the flow of blood to the limbs.
The second exercise recommended for arthrosis of the knee joint
The second exercise is also performed lying on the floor, on the abdomen, arms stretched along the trunk. One leg lies straight, the other leg needs to be bent at the right angle in the knee.
- Slowly and smoothly by straining the muscles of the hamstrings and buttocks, lift the knee bent at the knee 10 cm from the floor and hold it at the top for 30 seconds. Then lower your foot to the floor and completely relax your muscles. Repeat with each foot for 1 time.
- Perform the exercise in a dynamic fashion, raising and lowering each leg 10-12 times. At the top, hold for 1-2 seconds, lowering your foot to the floor, completely relax your leg muscles.
The third exercise for knee arthrosis
This exercise is intended for physically trained people. The initial position is the same, the legs are straight. Try to raise both feet from the floor by 10-15 cm, spread your legs apart, then reduce, repeat 8-10 times, smoothly lower your legs to the floor.
Fourth exercise for knee arthrosis
. Starting position: lying on its side, one leg straight, the other bent at the knee. The straight leg must be raised above the floor and held for 30 seconds, then lowered and relaxed. Repeat on the other side, the other foot.
Fifth exercise, useful for knee arthrosis
. Starting position: sitting on a chair. Slowly straighten your leg and lift it to the height you can reach. Hold your foot on the weight for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times with each foot.
Sixth exercise with arthrosis of the knee joint
Stand upright, holding your hands behind the back of the chair, slowly rise on your toes and stay in that position for a minute. Go down and rest. Then repeat the exercise in a dynamic version, rising to your toes and sinking 10-15 times.
Gymnastics with knee deforming arthrosis: Exercise Seventh
Standing straight and holding hands behind the back of the chair, tear the socks off the floor, leaning on the heels, fix the position for a minute, then relax. Repeat the exercise dynamically 10-15 times.
Exercises for knee arthrosis
Such joint disease as arthrosis has recently become more common. Many believe that most people with age suffer from arthrosis. But actually it is not. This disease affects people of any age. The main factors that provoke the development of arthrosis are:
- Excessive physical activity;
- Congenital deformities of bones and joints.
Along with the medicamental treatment of arthrosis, therapeutic gymnastics is used. It improves blood flow to sick vessels, which in turn positively affects the effectiveness of treatment. The complex of exercises for arthrosis should be performed smoothly, without jerks and preferably under the supervision of a specialist. The knee joints are most susceptible to arthrosis. Signs of this disease can be noted joint crunch, accompanied by pain. Significantly increases fatigue during walking, movements are constrained.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of knee joints
The complex of exercises, which is used in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints, is performed only in a recumbent or in a sitting position. In this case, the load on the aching joint is reduced and the pain sensations are minimized. Doing such exercises is best under the supervision of a specialist, but if this is not possible - you can implement them in the home. But a preliminary consultation with a doctor is still desirable. Complex exercises:
- The exercise is performed sitting on the table. Keep your back straight. Observing a moderate amplitude of movements, chat with your feet. Do this exercise as often as possible.
- The exercise is executed in the same position. Alternately raise your legs, and hold them parallel to the floor for 3 seconds. In this case, the foot should be at a right angle to the shin.
- Standing on the floor, lean on the buttocks on the surface. Knees slightly bend and spread apart. Do inclines forward without bending your back.
- Lying back on the floor, stretch your legs. Then, bending the knee and lifting the foot over the floor, hold the foot for 5 seconds. Then do the same with the other leg. Repeat the exercise at least five times.
- From a position lying on a back both legs to bend at a knee, resting stops in a floor. Alternately, each leg, bending at the knee, is pressed against the stomach, and then, straightening, slowly lowering the foot to the floor.
- Lying on the back bent at the knee leg to clasp hands and pull to the stomach. Keep the foot at right angles. Keep it up for 5-7 seconds. The leg should be lowered to the floor with the heel, and then stretched out. Legs alternate.
- Lie on your right side, first putting a small pillow under your head. With your left hand, rest on the floor in front of you, put your right hand under the pillow. Slowly bending the left leg, we bring it to the stomach and, as far as possible, take it back.
- Lying on the right side, the left leg, bent at the knee, rest on the floor. Make small flies elongated right foot. Then lie on your left side, and repeat these mahi with your left foot.
- Lying on the stomach and not lifting the pelvis off the floor, alternately bend your knees. Exercise slowly, without jerking.
- Lying on the stomach and not lifting the pelvis off the floor, alternately bend each leg in the knee and hold it in this position for 5-10 seconds.
Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint is very useful, as well as exercises for arthrosis of the foot are extremely useful and effective.
Gymnastics for foot arthrosis
Together with exercise therapy, a patient with arthrosis is prescribed a diet that will help to reduce excess weight, which is very often the cause of this disease and contributes to its further development. In addition, the patient will forever have to give up narrow shoes and high heels, since this greatly aggravates the course of the disease. In case of foot arthrosis, soft sports shoes or shoes with a soft sole and a wide heel, about two centimeters in height, are best suited. Exercises for arthrosis of the foot are not difficult to perform and can be done several times a day.
- Lying on the floor, raise your legs slightly and do rotational movements with stops in different directions.
- Sitting on a chair, pull forward the legs and perform the rotation of the feet.
- This exercise is also performed sitting on a chair, only the chair should be low. At the same time, the feet are pressed to the floor. Perform movements that mimic walking, alternately raising and lowering the feet.
Exercises that are used for arthrosis can and should be done even when the disease is not detected. This will be an excellent prophylaxis, which will reduce the occurrence of arthrosis to a minimum. Also, swimming and dancing are very useful. A proper diet and the rejection of bad habits will significantly reduce the risk of joint disease, and if they are available, the treatment process will be more effective. In addition, the exercises strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the joints, eliminate pain and improve the blood supply of the joint. Exercise combined with an active lifestyle not only will prevent arthrosis, but will also prevent other diseases such as:
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint - exercise complex
The first symptoms of arthrosis of the knee joint come along with the appearance of a crunchand pain in the knees. This period is characterized by rapid fatigue and limited mobility.
A person starts involuntarily to spare a leg in the process of walking, in this connection, pains begin to appear in a healthy limb, since additional stress is placed on it. To reduce or eliminate these phenomena at the earliest stages of the pathological process will help self-massage and therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Perhaps this is the only technique used to treat an illness that does not involve financial costs. All that is necessary for the patient in this case is desire, a little free space and a rug or blanket.
LFK for arthrosis of the knee joint
The tasks of therapeutic physical training, first of all, depend on the period of the disease. In the acute period of arthrosis, the main task of therapeutic gymnastics is to improve lympho-
. Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint should be performed regularly by
and blood circulation in the affected joint, a reduction in pain syndrome, an increase in the joint gap and relaxation of the muscles. During the period of remission, a set of exercises is prescribed, which helps to strengthen the musculoskeletal apparatus and restores its functions. Before starting to practice, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will help you decide on the choice of exercises. Unfortunately, many patients have to be persuaded to engage in exercise therapy, and best suited to those patients who are already threatened with surgical intervention.
There is a certain set of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint, and also special treatment sessions are assigned to patients individually.
Recommendation: all prescribed by the doctor exercises should be performed three times a day for 20 minutes.
Special exercises for the knees for arthrosis are performed at a slow pace. In the first two weeks, each exercise should be repeated 4 to 6 times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions to ten.
Warning! Rest with a knee bent in the knee can cause the development of flexion contracture, which is very difficult to treat. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this to patients suffering from arthrosis of the knee joint.
According to experts, it is best to rest, lying on your back. Completely relaxed and spreading his legs straight apart. Even greater relaxation is facilitated by rocking a sore leg, stained from a bed or a high chair.
Typically, with regular sessions, recovery of the volume of movements and pain reduction occurs approximately in half an hour after the recommended gymnastic exercises.
Complex of exercises
Before going directly to the recommended medical training, I would like to make some recommendations:
- Vigorous movements with arthroses are strictly contraindicated, in connection with which, all exercises must be performed slowly and smoothly, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements.
- Physical exercises are performed in a sitting or lying position.
- In case of pain, it is necessary to stop occupations.
- Training should be conducted regularly, several times during the day, but at the same time, the duration of each exercise should last no more than a few minutes.
And now we will consider the most effective physical exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint: I.Exercise is performed lying on the back. The legs are stretched, the heels are forward, the socks are pulled back. Such movements very well relieve muscle tension and improve metabolic processes in almost all joints of the lower extremities.
II.This exercise is called "vertical scissors".It is performed lying on the back, alternately raising and lowering the legs in the hip joints.
III.Flexion and extension movements in the knee joint in the supine position.
IV.Lie on your back. The legs are bent at the knees and simultaneously in the hip joints. We perform flexion movements of the legs in the knee joint.
V. "Horizontal scissors".This exercise is also performed by lying on the back. The legs are bent in the hip joints, alternately they are reduced and divorced.
VI."Bicycle" - flexion and extension of the legs in the knees and thigh in the supine position.
VII.Lifting and lowering of the leg straightened in the knee in the prone position on the side.
VIII.Lying on the abdomen, flexion and extension movements are made in each knee alternately.
IX.Raising and lowering the straight leg lying on the stomach. The sock is not pulled off.
X. Swaying in sitting position( on a high chair).Exercise is done with a small amplitude, without effort.
The main recommendations for exercise therapy for patients suffering from gonarthrosis
- All the workloads provided by exercise therapy should fall on the painless zone. Otherwise, pain contractures, muscle spasms, spasms of blood vessels may develop, and also it can provoke an overexcitement of the nervous system.
You can not do anything by overcoming pain!If you have the slightest pain, you need to stop exercising.
- Do not force events. Motor movements must be increased gradually and very carefully.
- Very well proven methods such as physical education in the pool and exercise therapy with devices that provide relaxation and extension of the joint.
- Charge for arthrosis of the knee joint must necessarily be done taking into account the phase of arthrosis. During the period of exacerbation( the appearance of swelling and redness, as well as the development of pain), physical activity should be reduced. During the period of remission, all efforts should be directed towards restoring muscle strength. Of course, the intensity of training should be increased gradually.
- Treatment exercises are not recommended for women during menstruation, as well as for patients suffering from increased intracranial and arterial pressure. Classes should be canceled with an increase in body temperature and during rehabilitation after surgery on the chest and abdominal organs. LFK is also contraindicated in acute inflammatory processes of internal organs, inguinal hernias and severe cardiovascular pathologies.
We present to your attention the video of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint:
What can not be done with arthrosis of the knee joint
Some patients mistakenly believe that in this situation "a wedge is knocked out with a wedge".In no case is it advisable to intensively develop the knee joint, overcoming the pain, since it can strengthen the pain syndrome and provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will lead to further destruction of the joint.
Warning! Patients suffering from gonarthrosis are categorically forbidden to crawl on their knees.
When massaging the affected area, the joint itself can not be kneaded, as this can lead to an inflammatory process in the soft periarticular tissues. In this case, experts recommend that the muscles of the lower leg, thigh and back muscles be massaged, increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint.
How the effectiveness of special physical exercises
is evaluated. Physiotherapy for knee arthrosis is considered effective when the patient has a significant reduction in pain and joint mobility improves. Also, treatment can be considered successful if the frequency and severity of exacerbations decrease, blood pressure normalizes, the patient's sleep, his state of health and mood improves.3 comments
Well, yes, here are the main exercises for osteoarthritis of the knee joint. I was shown them by a doctor, part-time instructor LFK.I do it for a month, the pains have decreased and the joints have become more mobile.
It is a great pity that just now I came across this article, I would have advised a friend earlier to avoid the operation.
- Dmitry Sergeevich24.06.2014
I know that the aqueous environment has a beneficial effect on arthrosis of the knee joint. It allows to unload the limb and joint, creates optimal resistance when driving. But how does the temperature of the water affect? Is there a risk of aggravating the condition during remission when practicing under the conditions of a regular pool?