What should I do if my knees are swollen and sore?
If you feel pain, then this clearly indicates a problem. In the event that the knees are swollen and aching, care must be taken immediately. The only question is what causes pain.
Below we consider the most frequent causes of pain in the knee.
Reasons why the knees are swollen and aching
- Gonarthrosis, or, in simple terms, arthrosis of the knee joint. What it is? This is the process of knee joint destruction. With prolonged flow leads to a restriction of mobility and deformation.
- Punishes, gonarthrit. It is an inflammatory disease of the knee joint, which can be both an independent pathology and a complication after a transferred illness.
- Meniscal damage. As the name implies, this pain in the knee appears due to injury. In this case, the injury, as a result of which the meniscus was damaged, can be quite insignificant. If the meniscus damage is not treated, then it can go on into a chronic form, and this, in turn, is fraught with the development of deforming arthrosis. People with this trauma complain that their knees are swollen and sore. Meanwhile, edema is a normal condition with a trauma of this kind.
- Disturbance of blood circulation in the joints, or so-called vascular pain. This is not a pathology of the joints, but this problem can accompany a person throughout his life.
- Periarthritis or inflammation of the tendon of the knee joint. This is just the case when the pain manifests itself not so much in the knee, as under the knee, that is, on the reverse side. Pain increases with walking and physical activity.it is characteristic that periarthritis affects women after 40 years who have problems with excess weight.
The nature of the pain will indicate its cause!
Depending on the nature of the pain, you can understand what caused them. Dull, aching pains that increase during movement are a sure sign of arthrosis. If, in addition to this, the knees are swollen and aching, then most likely it's arthritis. With arthritis, the temperature of the joint also increases, that is, the knee becomes hot by touch. Frequent aching pain can indicate thrombosis of the veins of the legs. Since this is a dangerous pathology, the doctor should be contacted immediately. If the pain arose unexpectedly after a jump or fall - there is a trauma to the meniscus. Strong symmetrical pain in the knee joints occurs with rheumatoid arthritis. If the knee is swollen and hot, in 99 cases out of 100 a person has arthritis, so urgent measures must be taken. Of course, there are situations when you immediately need to see a doctor. For example, if the knee is swollen after a bruise, then everything is possible, right up to the crack of the knee cap and the rupture of the meniscus.
If the pains are of a variable nature, then you can alleviate the condition with the help of thermal compresses and ointments, and also with the old proven method - to knead the knee with a warm woolen shawl.
A simple ointment prescription if your knees are swollen and aching
Mix a spoonful of salt with a spoonful of soda, adding 7-10 drops of iodine to the resulting pulp. Then apply the obtained ointment on the knee and wrap it for 15 minutes. Rinse the salt, soda and iodine, and then spread the knee with vitamin cream. Positive dynamics will begin to be traced after 3-4 procedures.
What if my knee is swollen and sore? Causes, Diagnosis, First Aid
Almost all diseases and injuries of the knee joint are accompanied by the development of edema and inflammation of soft tissues. If you have swollen knee and it hurts - there can be many reasons.
Possible causes of swelling and pain
- Knee ligament injury. If it ruptures, sprains, or otherwise damages the knee ligaments, it swells noticeably, there is a strong sharp pain and a sense of instability. For example, if the anterior cruciate ligament is damaged - severe pain and joint instability will not allow you to step on the aching leg, walking will be almost impossible.
- Inflammation of tendons - tendonitis. Tendons are thick, dense fibers of the connective tissue with which the muscles attach to the bones. When they are irritated, inflamed or damaged, the knee swells, and when walking, running or rotating movements in the joint, there is a sharp pain.
- Inflammation of the joint bag( bursitis) leads to inflammation, a pronounced tumor and reddening of the soft tissues around the knee joint. When bending the leg, severe pain occurs.
- Displacement of the patella is accompanied by a tumor, discomfort, difficulty walking. With the straightening of the leg, the pain intensifies, sometimes it is not possible to straighten the leg to the end.
- Knee injury of the knee joint is accompanied by a tumor, redness and pain during movement.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an exhausting chronic disease in which the knee can be constantly swollen and aching in any movement, especially in the morning.
- Osteoporosis is accompanied by a tumor and pain of varying severity, discomfort occurs when the joint moves. Often the pains are weather-dependent( intensified before any weather changes).
- Septic arthritis is accompanied by a tumor, redness, pain, and sometimes - fever.
- With gout , the knee hurts, swells, redness appears, suddenly there is severe pain, which lasts for several days, and then ceases.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons for the appearance of a tumor and pain in the knee, and can not independently determine why they originated in your particular case - it's impossible. To do this, seek medical attention.
Click image to enlarge
Diagnostic methods and treatment
After examining the patient's knee, the doctor can prescribe an X-ray examination, computed tomography( CT) or MRI.If there is a possible infection, you will need to take a blood test. In some cases, the puncture of the joint is performed to clarify the diagnosis: through a small puncture, a sample of blood or intra-articular fluid is taken for analysis.
Treatment will depend entirely on the diagnosis.
If you feel severe discomfort and intense pain in your knee, you can try to remove these symptoms before contacting a doctor. Here are the methods of a quick home treatment:
- Give the knee a break, try not to burden your leg if possible.
- Apply ice to the joint for 15-20 minutes to reduce swelling and pain. If there is no ice at hand - you can use any item from the freezer( a package of ice cream dumplings, and a piece of frozen meat).
- Compress made of tincture of horse chestnut flowers. For 50 grams of flowers, take 500 ml of vodka, stir the mixture in a glass container for a week in a cool dry place, then rub the knee overnight or with pain.
- Compress from a mixture of iodine, camphor, medical alcohol( taken in a 1: 1: 1 ratio) and 10 tablets of analgin. Analgin dissolve in a mixture of alcohols and iodine, compress on the diseased knee. Hold for about 30 minutes, then when the pain subsides, gently wash off with warm water and resemble for a while.
If you manage to take pain for a while, this is no reason to postpone the visit to the doctor. Do not wait for complications, try to solve the problem immediately!
Everyone can get a knee injury or get arthritis, but there are categories of people who are constantly at risk:
- People with excess weight. Excess weight significantly increases the load on the knees even with normal walking, because of which the joints can deform and collapse.
- People whose activities are associated with high physical exertion, for example, athletes.
- In women after 40 years, the risk of osteoporosis is significantly increased, and in general the representatives of the weaker sex are more prone to rupture of knee ligaments than men.
- People with sedentary lifestyle who lack muscle flexibility. Such muscles are worse supporting the knee joint and do not smooth the load on it.
- People with certain anatomical features, for example, flat feet or legs of different lengths.
If you know that you are at risk, try not to overload your knees without good reason. People with excess weight should think about adjusting their lifestyle and diet, because excess weight is reflected not only on the joints, but also on the heart, blood vessels and other internal organs. And do not take care of your health lightly - pain and swelling of the knee should be the reason for prompt treatment to the doctor.
Quickly relieve pain in the knee when flexing
Articular pain is one of the most common reasons for going to the doctor. According to statistics, every second person ever experienced pain in the knee.
The most frequent causes of pain in the knee during flexion are overloads, injuries and diseases. And if the injuries are more or less clear, then with the diseases that show themselves pain in the joints everything is much more complicated. The list of inconvenient diseases is very large.
What diseases can the pain show?
Why do knees ache when flexing? The most common diseases of the joints, accompanied by acute, blunt, shooting, burning or paroxysmal pain are arthritis and gout.
Arthritis: has very severe pain, which is worse with movement, accompanied by redness, swelling and inflammation of the knee, as well as local and general temperature increase. The basis of arthritis is an inflammatory process that can last for years and lead to disability.
With gout: , pain is paroxysmal. Strengthens when bending. Seizures often recur, lasting from several minutes to several days.
Other conditions not related to overloads or injuries that can cause pain in the knee when flexing are:
- Osteoarthritis. Characterized by pain, which intensifies in the morning.
- Osgood-Spatter disease. It is often observed in children of senior school age. Characterized by pain during flexion and swelling of the anterior part of the knee.
- Cyst Baker. Disease, a characteristic feature of which is pain and swelling at the back of the knee.
- Infection. Pain of the knee joints may indicate infection of the skin, bone or joint.
- Dissecting osteochondritis. The pain is caused by the death of a part of the cartilage, due to a violation of the blood supply, etc. The pain is extremely strong when flexed.
Stretching the ligaments of the knee joint also causes a strong pain symptom.
About why knees crunch joints and how to cure it, read this article.
How to treat a diseased knee
The medicamental treatment of pain in the knee is aimed primarily at eliminating the cause of the disease. Folk remedies - to remove the main symptoms of the disease. As a rule, the doctor appoints a whole complex of measures after the survey. A standard examination at the hospital includes a detailed interview with the patient( history) and certain studies: examination, ultrasound, x-ray of the knee, computed tomography, MRI.
The safest form of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are ointments, creams and gels. They should be applied according to the doctor's instructions, strictly according to the instructions.
- Ointments and Gels
Ointments containing diclofenac sodium. For example, drugs Orthofen, Voltaren and others. They are used to relieve inflammation. The ointment is applied a thin layer on the damaged area once a day. Duration of use is 2-3 days or more, as prescribed by the doctor.
Ointments, which contain ketoprofen. For example, such popular drugs as Bystrum-gel or Fastum gel. Ointment is applied a thin layer on the damaged area 2-3 times a day.
Gels based on nimesulide. For example, Naise gel. It is applied 2-3 times a day no longer than 10 days.
Other popular anti-inflammatory drugs: Indomethacin, ointment Butadion 5% and Apizartron.
Effective are creams aimed at removing edema and reducing pain in the knee when flexing. For example:
Creams based on ibuprofen in combination with other excipients. For example, the cream of Dolgit. It is applied externally. Applied 3-4 times a day for 3 - 5 weeks.
Dietary nutrition to reduce pain
To reduce the discomfort associated with knee pain when flexing, a balanced diet helps. The menu may differ, depending on which disease is causing the pain, but there are general recommendations.
For pain in the knee, it is recommended to include in the diet such products as:
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are rich in various types of fish( salmon, mackerel, cod, tuna, etc.) are a natural anti-inflammatory agent and, accordingly, help relieve painsyndrome caused by various joint diseases. There are no side effects.
For degenerative diseases of the knee joint, you should include in your diet greens: spinach, green onions, parsley, etc. According to studies conducted by Australian scientists, eating greens helps relieve pain and other symptoms of arthritis. This is due to the fact that the greens contain a large amount of lutein, zeaxanthin and quercetin, and has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
Some spices also have an inflammatory effect. For example, curry or curcumin. Spices inhibit the enzymes that cause inflammation and swelling and relieve pain.
In rheumatoid arthritis, a diet consisting of vegetable and fruit juices: orange, tomato, carrot, celery or cabbage helps. The duration of such a diet is three weeks, the scheme is as follows: the first week - one "hungry" day, the second week - two days and the third - three days.
Traditional medicine for pain
To remove pain in the knee, help with medicinal lotions and poultices, as well as other folk remedies:
- Gadgets, popular recipes:
At night, a mixture of fermented baked with bread is applied to the sore spot( proportions: 0.5 cups ryazhenka, 0.5 cups breadand 0.5 spoon). It removes the pain from the burdock leaf( cabbage leaf).It must be moistened in cold water and, with a fluffy side, attached to the inflamed knee.
For a month, before going to bed, you can soar your aching leg in sage broth( proportions: 100g of sage for 6 liters of water).Duration of the procedure: 30 minutes - 1 hour.
A good therapeutic effect also gives a decoction of chamomile with salt( proportions: 200 g of flowers per 10 liters of water).Poultices do once a day. Duration of the procedure: 1 - 1.5 hours
For pain in the knee, alcoholic tincture is very popular( proportions: 200 g of chopped root per 500 ml of alcohol).The mixture must be insisted for two weeks. Then use daily: rub with light massage movements for five minutes. In this case, the therapeutic effect is exerted both by the components of the infusion, and by the massage itself.
Surgical treatment in especially severe cases
A modern method of treatment of joint pathology is arthroscopy. It is advisable in those cases when drug treatment and physiotherapy did not produce a significant result.
During arthroscopy the surgeon makes a small incision and with the help of an arthroscope performs a surgical procedure: removal of the damaged meniscus, vaporization and further. These are the main measures to combat pain in the knee, observed when flexing.
In addition to the basic treatment, exercise therapy helps to strengthen the muscles, return the deformed joint to its normal position, restore its functions. This can be gymnastics, walking, exercises in the water, exercises aimed at developing the joint, etc. At home, to achieve the effect, it is enough just to lift up your straightened legs.
If the knee is swollen
At home, relieve swelling and relieve pain in the knee will help painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Good aspirin and ibuprofen( less than aspirin, damages the stomach).It will help alleviate the pain, but will not relieve the inflammation of paracetamol.
These drugs may have a negative effect on the intestinal microflora and cause stomach pain. Therefore, it is recommended to take them against the background of drugs that reduce the acidity of the stomach, only after preliminary eating.
In addition to taking medication, if the knee is swollen, it is also necessary: to limit movement, apply a cold compress and apply a bandage. How to properly apply a bandage, shown in the video.
How to relieve an acute pain in the knee
At the first bouts of pain when bending the knee, you must take painkillers( analgin, ibuprofen) and use a cold pack of ice for 20 minutes.
Glucocorticosteroids also help to remove acute pain in the knee, which are injected intra-articularly. Sufficiently effective may be various non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( creams and ointments).
If the "home" funds did not have an effect within 2-3 days, you should consult a general practitioner! The general practitioner will inspect and, if necessary, redirect you to another specialist.
Causes of a tumor in the knee
At the slightest pain in the lower limbs a person will not leave it without attention. The legs perform the most important motor function, without which free movement is impossible. If the knee is swollen and aching, causes pain when bending, it can happen because of a number of reasons. They can have a different nature of occurrence: traumatic, inflammatory or dystrophic. Treatment should be carried out in almost all cases when there is a tumor and pain when flexing.
The most common cause of such trouble is injury.
This could happen long before the onset of swelling and pain. Having forgotten about the incident, the patient may not suspect that the injury led to a crack and inflammation. Remember this makes the pain when flexing and swelling of the knee.
Types of knee injuries
- Contusion. At the place where there was a swelling, there will also be a bruise due to hemorrhage. Movements do not cause much pain.
- Crack. If the bone is cracked, then when bending the pain will be sharp and strong. Treatment should be applied immediately.
- Fracture. The pain is very sharp and strong, the swelling is more significant than in the past cases. Of course, you can not do without a traumatologist.
- A fracture of the meniscus also causes severe and severe pain in the back of the knee. Treatment is performed after surgery.
- Stretching. Pain occurs when the knee is bent and unbent.
The first help in trauma is the application of ice to the place of pain. The limb should be at rest. The injured person can drink an analgesic and always consult a doctor.
The next cause of the tumor may be joint disease.
Arthritis and arthrosis
Arthritis is a disease associated with inflammation of the joints, or rather, of the joint tissue. This can happen because of heavy loads, or transferred infectious diseases. Pain appears at night or in the morning, may occur after prolonged exposure to cold. Treatment is appointed by the doctor after the examination. It is aimed at relieving inflammation and swelling.
Osteoarthritis destroys the joint. The knee can ache after a long time without movement.
Inflammatory processes in the periarticular bag also cause swelling and pain. This problem is associated with overloads and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In the place of bursitis development, the temperature can rise and redness may appear. Occasionally, a fluid accumulates in the periarthric bag, which can be removed by puncture of the joint. When bending the leg, the pain in the knee is sharp and strong.
After injury, synovitis may develop, which is characterized by the accumulation of fluid in the joint membrane. All the signs are similar to bursitis, but in more severe manifestations. All fluid can be removed by puncture.
Rarely are there such diseases as meniscopathy, dysplasia in the thigh, leading to an unstable patellar condition, chondromatosis, Becker cyst, Plyk syndrome, periarthritis of tendons, König disease, Osgood-Schlatter and Goff.
All of the above diseases can be dependent on each other. Inflammation in the joint can lead to destructive processes. Injuries can cause inflammation. It is very difficult to determine what became the primary source of the disease.
Symptoms of diseases in the knee
The aching knee that is swollen may have a number of other symptoms:
- fever in place of pain and whole body;
- difficulty in limb movement;
- pain with pressure.
Pain can also be different. Aching, cutting, pulling, sharp. It can appear during the movement, after training, at night, in the morning and at rest. Whether there were such symptoms, it will be necessary to remember before visiting the doctor.
To prevent problems with knees, it is recommended to monitor your weight. Extra pounds immediately affect the work of the entire musculoskeletal system, especially on the lower limbs. They carry the maximum load.
Every day you need to perform a minimal set of physical exercises. Without training, you can not perform complex exercises and are associated with heavy loads.
A healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, as always, are the best ways to protect yourself from health problems. In case of pain, it is recommended that you urgently consult a doctor who can prescribe treatment and prevent the emergence of complex illnesses.
Support for knee swelling
The measures described below are aimed at removing swelling from the knee and pain that occur when the knee is bent and unbent. This is not a cure, and you can apply it knowing exactly why the knee is swollen. But such funds can bring considerable relief.
If the knee is swollen due to an injury, and this is due to a bruise, then you can prepare the following mixture. Stir the salt, soda and honey in amounts of 1 teaspoonful. Add in the resulting mixture of 5-7 drops of iodine. Again stir everything up. This remedy must be applied to the knee heated by the compressor. Hold the mixture for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Usually after 5 sessions the tumor descends.
When a tumor from arthritis needs a mixture with painkiller and anti-inflammatory effect. Prepare it as follows. A piece of camphor is laid in a dark container, ¼ of a piece of sugar, 160 ml of turpentine, 160 ml of vegetable oil and the same amount of vodka are poured. All the ingredients are shaken in a bottle. The resulting emulsion is rubbed into the knee at night and tied with a woolen shawl or scarf.
Also for arthritis use the following floral composition. In the jar, the flowers of lilac, celandine, wormwood are stacked in an equal quantity. The pot is poured into the top of the vodka. The tincture should stand for a month in a warm place. Apply this tincture, stirring with vegetable oil in an amount of 50% by 50%.To rub it is necessary 3 times a day. After rubbing the place to warm, wrapped in a warm scarf or handkerchief. Apply not more than a week.
Author of the article: Site expert Hurts Sustava.ru
Very often athletes get injured by their knees, this problem also did not bypass me, they did an operation for a meniscus. Do not repeat my mistakes, do sports in a specially designed for this shoe.
Very often the athletes get injured by their knees, this problem was not bypassed either, they made an operation for the meniscus. Do not repeat my mistakes, do sports in a specially designed for this shoe.
Painful knees: treatment with ointments and creams
With the help of medicinal ointments and creams it is possible to alleviate the patient's condition, reduce pain and improve the mobility of the joints.
For the treatment of knees, ointments and creams with a curative effect are used. They are divided into three large groups.
Ointments that warm
The group of warming ointments for the knees includes Menovazine, Capsicum, Gevecamen, Espol, Nikoflex-cream, etc. You can add popular gels and ointments for the joints of horses.
These preparations improve blood circulation in the knee. They bring to the sick zone pleasant warmth and comfort, relief in the presence of arthrosis in the joint, meniscus damage, inflammation of the knee tendons. Especially they relieve vascular pain in the knees, because heat always helps with vascular diseases.
Ointments warming are endowed with a small therapeutic effect, but from them practically there are no side effects.Important: It is contraindicated to use them for arthritis and arthrosis of the knee joint with noticeable swelling of the knee as a result of accumulation of pathological fluid in the joint cavity( with synovitis).
Ointments with bee and venom of snakes
The group on the basis of the poison of bees includes ointments: Apizatron, Ungapiven, Virapin, Apireven. The group on the basis of snake venom includes Viprosal ointment.
These drugs are a distracting action with a high warming effect. When absorbed through the skin, they act on muscles and ligaments, improving their elasticity, accelerating the circulation of blood around the diseased joint. They are more effective than warm ointments. But there are side effects: allergies and inflammation of the skin in places of application.
Important to know:
- ointments with bee and snake venom can not be applied to the skin with lesions. In addition, on the hands( fingers, palms) also there should be no scratches, wounds, abrasions or cracks;
- after application of a hand it is necessary to wash up water with soap, as it is possible to put inadvertently a poison in eyes or a mucous nasal or an oral cavity;
- is contraindicated in using ointments with bee and snake venom for women on critical days and for children.
Ointments and gels with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
This group includes ointments: Indomethacin, Butadionic, Ibuprofen. Cream Dolgit, gels: Naiz-gel, Voltaren-emulgel, Bystrumgel, Fastum, etc.
Advertisements somewhat exaggerate the curative effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ointments and gels, especially hard joints. In addition, advertising argue that rubbing these ointments, patients practically take a pill of this action. But this is not so. Only 7-10% of the active substance passes through the skin, which is not enough to create a complete anti-inflammatory effect.
But they bring noticeable relief from pain, especially due to arthritis of the knee and inflammation of the knee tendon, damage to the meniscus and gonarthrosis against synovitis - a noticeable inflammation and swelling of the knees. Vascular pain ointments from inflammation are not removed.
Dimexide - chemical liquid for knees
Dimexide has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Dimexid penetrates through the skin barriers inside the diseased joint, it can reduce inflammation, reduce swelling and relieve pain.
Dimexide is produced in the form of a solution, gel( in the photo), candles( used in gynecological practice and proctology), ointments.
Dimexide is beneficial in the presence of:
- arthritis of the knee joint;
- inflammation of the tendon of the knee( periarthritis of the "goose-paw" bag);
- meniscus damage;
- arthrosis of the knee joint( gonarthrosis) accompanied by synovitis( swelling of the joint).
The vascular pain in the knees drug almost does not stop.
It is important to know:
- Dimexide can not be used for patients with neglected diseases: kidney, liver and cataract, with severe angina and glaucoma.
- Dimexide causes an allergy, so first a sample is tested for sensitivity by applying a small amount of cotton to the skin. With reddening of the skin, medicine can not be used. If there is no reaction, you can apply it in accordance with certain rules.
How to use Dimexide( solution)
If there is no allergy to Dimexide, then you need to proceed with the procedure:
- Mix in a cup Dimexid with boiled water( 1 tbsp each) Next, a sterile gauze moistened with a solution is applied to the diseased knee,on top - a film, and then cotton wool or cotton cloth. Hold the compress for up to an hour, but no more. At the course - 15-20 applications put them once a day, will take 2-3 weeks treatment.
Error : does not need to mix Dimexide with water in advance, in order to save time, and pour the entire vial into the jar, topping up the water. The drug starts to work idle and will lose therapeutic activity, since it immediately enters into chemical interaction with water.
Error: does not need to replace gauze with other material - it can cause allergy, especially if the cloth is colored. Dimexid, when penetrating the skin, takes with itself biologically active substances deep into the body.
Error: No need to leave a compress all night - you can get a classic chemical burn.
Bishofit - Brine,
oil derivative Bishofit has a moderate analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, it acts warmly.
If arthrosis of the knee joint proceeds without synovitis( without accumulation of excess fluid), bischofite has a beneficial effect, which extends to vascular pain in the knees. It is not very effective in treating meniscuses and inflammation of the knee tendons.Important: Bischofite is contraindicated in arthritis.
How to apply a compress from the bishofit
The joint is warmed with a warmer for 3-5 minutes, then gauze moistened with bischofite is applied, wax paper and cotton flannel are placed on top.
Keep the compress all night, then rinse with warm water. Hypersensitive people should keep the compress 1-2 hours.
The course of 20 procedures is performed every other day. Benefits bischofita: it is harmless and has no side effects. If hypersensitive people have skin irritation, then they switch to intermittent treatment, performing compresses after 3-4 days.
In pharmacies they sell natural bile of cows or pigs, bile bile.
What is the use of bile
Bile dissolves and warms, it is used for the same diseases as bischofite. But its effectiveness is even higher than that of compresses with bischofite.
Repels patients of a sharp bile odor.Important: It is contraindicated to use it for pustules on the skin, inflammatory diseases of lymph nodes and ducts, fevers with increased body temperature.
Compresses with bile
If there is no allergy to bile, then gauze is folded into 6 layers, impregnated with bile, applied to the knee and covered with waxed paper and bandaged. You need to hold for 2 hours, perform daily 3 weeks.
Injection of corticosteroid hormones
For the suppression of pain and inflammation with synovitis( edema and swelling of the joint), corticosteroid hormones are injected into the knee joint: Kenalog, Diprospan, Hydrocortisone, Methylpred, Depo-Medrol. Often they are provided with emergency assistance.
Injections of these drugs are useful in the treatment of diseases:
- arthritis of the knee joint;
- inflammation of the knee tendon( periarthritis of the goose paw bag).The hormone is injected into the tendon region, not the joint;
- of a "fresh"( recent) meniscus injury accompanied by a strong knee swelling;
- Arthrosis( gonarthrosis) of the knee joint, accompanied by synovitis( severe swelling of the joint).
- Attention! If synovitis is absent, then injections of corticosteroid hormones in arthrosis are harmful! They do not treat arthrosis themselves, but relieve the reciprocal inflammatory response of the body.
- Warning! Injection into the joint of hormonal drugs with vascular pains is useless and harmful!
Chondroprotectors are often administered by physicians to the knee joints: Alflutop, Hondrolone, homeopathic. Objective T.
Injection is administered internally with arthrosis without severe swelling of the joints, with chronic meniscus damage.
Chondroprotectors for arthritis, knee tendon inflammation and knee pain are useless or harmful.
Injections of hyaluronic acid preparations
Preparations from hyaluronic acid, for example, sodium hyaluronate, are stronger and faster acting than chondroprotectors when they are injected into the joint. They are called "liquid prostheses" or "liquid implants", since they act on the joint.
Drugs benefit and are effective in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints. Sodium Hyaluronate forms a protective film on the damaged cartilage. It protects the cartilage tissue from further destruction and improves the sliding of the cartilaginous surfaces that touch each other.
Preparations penetrate the cartilage, improve its elasticity and elasticity. At the same time, the dried cartilage restores damping properties. Mechanical overload is weakened, reducing pain in the knee joint and increasing its mobility. Acid treatment courses are conducted - 3-4 injections per each knee with an interval of 7-14 days between injections. The course can be repeated in 6-12 months.
Now hyaluronic acid is imported preparations: Synvisc, Fermatron, Ostenil, Go-on, Duralan and domestic drug Hyastat.
Knee swelling and pain, arthrosis, ointments do not help, how to cure the joint?
you know.it was my mother's.and she too was treated with all sorts of advice from aunts and grandmothers.but as a doctor I did not listen.so healed.and when they made a puncture of the joint, there was a lot of it there and with an admixture of pus.so that's my own. Treated very long.there were severe pains.in hospital lay.nothing helped.wanted to narcotic analgesics plant. Mom suffered this infernal pain so as not to prmedol or omnopon. I then agreed to this, if only my mother could not tolerate this suffering. She was so weak she was.in a current of half a year she on legs or foots all таки has risen.she was diagnosed with fever. This is a combination of arthritis, conjunctivitis and chlamydial infection.so that jogging to the doctor
No one No
can be manual. Can it be dislocated? ??
hospital and doctors work wonders
Tablets "Diclofenac" - 1 pc.1 time per day, 5-7 days
Prepparat Alflutop, vitamins Milgamma
externally DIMEXIDE DIVERGED.The pharmacy sells a concentrate of dimexide, it must be diluted( 1 part dimexide for 2-10 parts water, maximum is allowed 50% solution, i.e., 1: 1), they moisten the tissue, which is applied to the affected area, covered with polyethylene, and on topsomething warm( scarf).for 20 to 30 minutes once a day for 10 to 15 days. Particularly strong effect, if you spread the joint with a voltarene or butadione and put a dimexide compress on it. WITH THE LOVE - REMOVE.
inside ortophene for a tablet 2-3 times a day after a meal 5 days IF THE STOMACH IS HEALTHY.If the patient - replace with movalis, nimesil or celecoxib( tselebreks) 2 times a day.
Exposure of cold or heat to the joint can reduce pain. It is difficult to predict what will be more effective in your case, so you have to try both ways and choose the one that helps you.
When the pain decreases, it is necessary:
- do not wear weights, avoid overloads( long standing and walking, especially over uneven terrain or stairs, running, jumping, fitness, hard physical work)
- use the walking stick for long walking and standing
- wearshoes with a low wide heel with a soft elastic sole
- check on the flatfoot and if it is - use the insoles
- to engage in exercise therapy( not simple, namely, therapeutic!) Also useful are swimming and gin water)
- for light exacerbations, take massage and physiotherapy courses - you can master the massage technique yourself and buy a device for home physiotherapy, there are many, it is better to choose with magneto- and laser therapy
It is also useful sanatorium treatment where there are radon and hydrogen sulphidesources, mud therapy, swimming in the sea and procedures with sea water.
When excess body weight is recommended, swimming and limiting fatty, sweet, floury.
For any arthrosis, drugs that normalize the metabolism in cartilaginous joints are needed - chondroprotectors Arthra, Dona, Structum, Teraflex, Chondrazamine, Chondroitin, Glucosamine. Do not confuse them with dietary supplements. The basis of these chondroprotectors are chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine sulfate. These are natural substances, they are contained in food and are integral components of articular cartilage, so if they are deficient, the damaged cartilage is not restored.
Chondrosamine is a domestic analogue of the best Teraflex preparation, only 2 times cheaper, for a course of 3-4 packs - 2 capsules 2-3 times a day, the course - 3 months, then 1 month break, and repeat the course.
Complete treatment with chondroprotectors begins AFTER RINKING OF INFLAMMATION - when the pain has decreased. Treatment with chondroprotectors for oral administration should be long: the action usually begins after 3 months, and a steady effect - at least after 6 months. These drugs are specifically designed for long-term use and are usually well tolerated.
Do sit-ups on a chair or half-squat at a slow pace. Repeat 10-15 times. Full squats are harmful!
Rotation of the shin by weight. Raise one leg at an angle of 90 degrees, bending it at the knee, and perform rotational movements with the shin from the knee clockwise and counterclockwise. In this case, it is necessary to keep the position of the thigh of this leg immovable. Repeat 10-15 times with each foot.
Sit dangling legs and chattering with your feet.
The volume of movements should be increased gradually. If the exercise is worse - do not!
Memo for a patient with osteoarthritis who does not want to be fooled
[link blocked by administration]
Osteoarthritis and Arthritis
[link blocked by administration]
Other responders, except Inuski, are confused - what they advise, suitable only for the spine.
Continue to use the medications prescribed by your doctor or take a survey from another specialist.
You can use another tincture on herbs ARTROVIT, it's just for the joints, arthrosis,
try to learn the mood of Sytin, they can either read or listen in the audio.[link is blocked by the decision of the project administration]
you have already been advised And, that is characteristic, not seeing your joint. Take the time, go to the doctor. Though the diagnosis will be. ..
- chondroethin forte with arthritis, otorhiasis and osteochondrosis sost6 glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, carrot kelp, field horsetail, white willow bark, turmeric, nettle, siberica, vitamins C DB B9 D3
-arnizine for joints on mountain arnica, Extras.clover, kelp, horsetail field, calamus, rosemary, St. John's wort, calendula, thousand.ginger, blackcurrant seed oil, Greek.and cedar.nut oil mint oil, cinnamon, bee venom