What are the injections prescribed for osteochondrosis?The main clinical manifestation of osteochondrosis is pain syndrome, which has a different nature and intensity.
Patients describe pain in osteochondrosis as pulling, aching , constant in the affected area of the spine.
Pain can increase if you change the position of the body, as well as with sudden movements.
In contrast to the period of exacerbation of osteochondrosis, the pain syndrome is not strong enough in the usual period, therefore, it does not worsen the patient's quality of life much.
With regard to the phase of exacerbation, the pain can be so intense that the patient has to take a protective pose and not move so as not to disturb the sick spine once again.
During this period, you need to work in several ways to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible.Article on the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint of all degrees. About the complex of exercise therapy for scoliosis in children and adolescents read in the article. It is important to prevent the development of scoliosis in time.
When are injections required for osteochondrosis?
To pricks at an osteochondrosis resort at the moment of an exacerbation and in the first some days. The doctor can prescribe injections for acute pain caused by cervical, lumbar, thoracic and other types of osteochondrosis.
Just need to understand, this method is symptomatic treatment, that is, it is aimed only at pain relief, but in no way is a pathogenetic therapy( treatment).
Assign injections for osteochondrosis only in the first days of exacerbation, and then apply more gentle methods of exposure, such as ointments and tablets medication.
What are the injections prescribed for the treatment of osteochondrosis?
Most often the injections are prescribed the following analgesic and anti-inflammatory injections:
- Vitamin B;
- to Milgamma.
Ketonal is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that has analgesic effect and relieves inflammation.
This drug quickly relieves pain. But it should be noted that these injections have a side effect - the effect on the gastric mucosa.
Negative effects persist even if ketonal is used as an ointment. In any case, it is necessary to protect the stomach.
Most often, injections of ketonal are prescribed in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department, in which the pain syndrome most often develops.
Preparation Milgamma belongs to a group of such combined drugs that not only have an analgesic effect, but also are able to normalize the blood flow, as well as the work of the nervous system. It is better to prescribe milgammu in the case when cervical osteochondrosis develops for the most part.
In the case of cervical osteochondrosis, the main thing is not the pain syndrome, but dizziness, as a result of squeezing the vascular-neural bundle.
After relief of pain, is prescribed as vitamin B for relieving tension in muscles and normalizing blood circulation.You can not in any case independently choose anesthetic drugs, even if they are advised in the pharmacy. Even the most, at first glance, harmless drug should be prescribed only by a specialist.
It must be remembered that all anti-inflammatory drugs, no matter in what form they are used, can only exacerbate gastritis, besides they are contraindicated in ulcers of different localization.
In addition, the independent and uncontrolled use of analgesics may well lead to the erasure of the clinical picture of the disease. Osteochondrosis is dangerous by a number of bad complications, which can lead to disability of the patient and even to death.
In this regard, when the patient himself takes medications without consulting the doctor in advance, the doctor may miss the first symptoms of for the development of complications, which then will have to be treated more complicated and serious methods, even surgical intervention is not ruled out.
Treatment with blockades
Not all patients with osteochondrosis know about the existence of so-called "blockades".And among the "experienced" patients, many do not understand the mechanism of this procedure, and only specialists know about them.
The blockade is a treatment method in which the administration of the active substance is performed by the directly into the pathological region of the .Such a targeted attack at the epicenter of the disease makes it possible to soothe pain very quickly and eliminate inflammation.This method of treatment is the most effective method of drug treatment for the causes of pain syndrome.
To date, when using blockades as drugs, a combination of an analgesic with a long-acting corticosteroid hormone is widely used. The main active substance is the hormone, which has the strongest anti-inflammatory effect.
Blockades can be conditionally divided into two categories:
- is first introduced in the course of the spinal nerves;
- the second - in the zone of the return branch in the spinal nerve, which innervates all the structures of the spine.
The first group includes paravertebral blockade , the active substance in which it is introduced into the area of interaxis and neoplastic ligaments. In the same group articular( articular) blockades occur, under which the hormone itself is injected directly into the area of the intervertebral joint or into the tissue located around it.
The second category is the most complex blockade, in which the active substance is injected directly into the intervertebral disc or into the epidural region of the spinal canal.
At home, the blockade procedure can not be performed. Since this serious manipulation has the right to do only an expert with a higher medical education.
The above-mentioned arsenal for the treatment of acute pain in osteochondrosis has modern scientific medicine, and already as a supplement to injections it is possible to fully use tablets, ointments, and even folk recipes.
Pinched nerve in the lower back - how to get rid of this scourge? For effective exercises for coxarthrosis according to Bubnovsky read here: http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/artrozy/ deformiruyushhij-artroz-koksartroz-tazobedrennogo-sustava-1-2-3-stepeni.html
For prevention of osteochondrosis, aalso excluding his exacerbations, it is recommended to follow a few simple rules that will reduce the burden on the spine:
- always keep your back straight;
- not to lift heavy objects( if it is absolutely necessary, then it should be crouching, not bending);
- move more, not letting the muscles atrophy;
- is more likely to hang on a horizontal bar;
- to go in for swimming.
The injections in the treatment of osteochondrosis: the delivery of the medicine exactly to the target
The exacerbations of osteochondrosis are almost always accompanied by pain, and so strong that the patient is almost literally "chained" to the bed. When the slightest movement - turning, tilting, not to mention getting up from the bed, causes an attack of pain - it is necessary to take the most urgent measures. No ointments and tablets in this state, as a rule, do not help.
Only the anesthetic injection can quickly relieve suffering, as the medicine will go directly into the blood and immediately begin to act. The injections in osteochondrosis are one of the most effective methods of treatment.
Prick is less pleasant than eating a pill, but it is usually more effective
Benefits of injections before taking the medication inside
There are several reasons why the injection form of medication administration is preferable to the rest. Why?
- The speed of action of the drug. Directly into the blood, the medicine immediately reaches the "target" - nerve endings, and the swallowed tablet takes time to dissolve in the stomach, pass through the digestive tract, suck in the blood and only after half an hour - an hour to begin to act.
- Accuracy of dosage. With the injection form, the therapeutic effect is exerted by the entire amount of the drug that was administered, while the active substance of the tablets is partially destroyed in the digestive tract under the influence of enzymes.
- Direct impact on the lesion. With exacerbation of osteochondrosis, a blockage of the diseased part of the spine is carried out with an anesthetic preparation, for example, from cervical osteochondrosis, the injections are placed directly under the skin of the neck in the region of the exit of the roots of the vertebral nerves, and the medicine does not affect the entire organism.
- Long-term administration of uniform doses of the drug( intravenous drippers) in many cases gives a much better effect than taking tablets.
Types of injections for osteochondrosis
Most often in the form of injections for osteochondrosis prescribe painkillers, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, hormonal drugs and vitamins. What means and in what combination are applied - the doctor decides. The most effective are combinations of injections, oral( taken through the mouth) and topically acting( ointment) drugs.
In an acute attack, the pain syndrome is usually removed by administering the medication intravenously - via a dropper. Along with this, intramuscularly and subcutaneously several times a day injections of anti-inflammatory and restorative action are put. And finally, a good and fast effect is obtained from blockades - local administration of the drug.
Typically, the following substances are prescribed for injection:
- Diclofenac, Voltaren are proven anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Give a quick effect of reducing pain and swelling.
- Milgamma is a complex multivitamin preparation of group B. It improves the trophism of nerve fibers that suffer from osteochondrosis, thereby reducing inflammation and pain.
- Ketonal and Ketorolac are effective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, quickly relieve pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Midokalm is a drug that relieves muscle spasms. Helps to quickly relax the constrained muscles around the focus of the disease, reducing pain and increasing mobility.
- Dona, Alflutop, Elbona - drugs-chondroprotectors, often prescribed for osteochondrosis. They contribute to the restoration of the cartilaginous tissue of intervertebral discs.
- For blockade, a local anesthetic is usually used in combination with an anti-inflammatory agent.
Alflutop - a chondroprotector for injection by injection
Blockades in osteochondrosis
Blockades, as mentioned above, are the administration of a medicine directly to the source of the disease. And the pain syndrome with osteochondrosis is a direct indication for their conduct. Most often, patients easily tolerate this procedure, since the effect of it comes instantly, as they say, "at the tip of the needle."The mechanism of curative action of blockades is:
- "cutting off" painful impulses from the pathological focus;
- removal of muscle spasm;
- improvement of blood circulation in the problem area;
- anti-inflammatory effect.
Blockades can be performed by a single drug, for example, an anesthetic( novocaine, lidocaine, etc.), or several - for example, in combination with hydrocortisone( hormone), non-steroidal drugs, antispasmodics and others.
Local anesthetic injections for cervical osteochondrosis are combined with the immobilization of the cervical spine by the collar of Shants( an orthopedic device that excludes the ability to move the head) for several days to improve the outcome of the treatment.
Despite the fact that blockades allow to achieve good and fast results, there are contraindications for their conduct. These are:
- allergic reactions to local anesthetics;
- pustular skin diseases at the site of the blockade;
- deformation of the spine, expressed so much that excludes the technical possibility of blockade.
Blockade can almost immediately relieve the pain syndrome
When acute osteochondrosis - treatment: injections, pills and other means should not be assigned to yourself. The maximum that you can afford is to take an anesthetic and contact a doctor as soon as possible. After all, uncontrolled use of drugs will smear the clinical picture, and the doctor will not be able to recognize the terrible complication, if it arises. Therefore, the main thing is attention to one's health and no experiments on it.
Effectiveness of injection in osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a dystrophic disorder in cartilage of joints caused by degenerative processes associated with lack of movement, muscle dystrophy, malnutrition and injuries. Patients with the diagnosed "osteochondrosis" experience constant severe pain in the area of affected joints, which increase when the body position changes.
Effectiveness of treatment with pricks in osteochondrosis
Treatment with injections is carried out in the first days of exacerbation, because the pain caused by osteochondrosis can not only restrict movement, but also immobilize the patient. In acute pain syndrome of acute periods, oral and external medicines( tablets and ointments) are ineffective. In this case, the administration of injections is prescribed. Treatment with injections is symptomatic and allows you to remove pain, but does not eliminate the source of osteochondrosis. The injections with osteochondrosis have a number of advantages, in comparison with other methods of treatment:
- Rapid achievement of the effect due to local injection.
- Accurate dosing of the drug in accordance with the size of the lesion and the intensity of pain.
- Minimal possible side effects associated with exposure only to the lesion site, the passing liver and digestive tract.
Since osteochondrosis affects various joints, and mainly affects the spine, the treatment with injections is carried out with the help of various types of injections. The method of administration of drugs distinguishes:
- Subcutaneous administration( used for chest osteochondrosis and vitamin injections)
- Intramuscular( anti-inflammatory and analgesic injections, the main type of injections)
- Intravenous( most commonly with cervical osteochondrosis to deliver nutrients to the brain)
- Epiduralinjections( made to block the pain when squeezing the nerve roots of the spine)
Pricks in osteochondrosis during an exacerbation are one of the fastest methods of obezboltion. In addition to relief of pain, injection therapy helps to repair damaged cartilage tissue between joints and significantly improve the course of the disease. Before appointing treatment, the doctor must determine which shots will contribute to the best achievement of the result.
What are the injections used for the treatment of osteochondrosis
Treatment with injection
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Vitamin injections
- Spasmolytic injections
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory injections( Diclofenac, Ketonal, Orthofen) are administered intramuscularly to localize and reduce the manifestations of pain syndrome. This is the most commonly used treatment for inflammation. With diseases of the stomach and specific allergic reactions, treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be stopped.
Hormonal or corticosteroid intramuscular injections( Diprospan, Cortisol) are prescribed with low effectiveness of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or with their individual intolerance. They relieve pain, reduce foci of inflammation. Such effects are carried out by small courses, despite their rapid effect, due to the large number of likely adverse reactions.
Therapeutic procedures, conducted with the help of vitamin injections( Complymgam, Milgamma, vitamins B and PP) are administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The main purpose of the application of vitamins is the restoration of blood flow in the lesion, the restoration of the integrity of nerve endings.
Spasmolytic injections for joint diseases( Midokalm) are performed intramuscularly with the aim of relaxation of the strained muscles, so that the pain in the affected area is coped.
Injections of chondroprotectors( Dona, Rumalon) are designed to repair the broken cartilage tissue responsible for damping the joints. Conducted, as a rule, intramuscularly or between joints. This is a long-term therapy, the course of which is up to six months.
Treatment of the acute stage of osteochondrosis by blockade also implies the introduction of a course of administration of drugs. One of the goals of such procedures is not only the elimination of pain, but also the elimination of its source. Drugs are injected directly into the area of the source of pain, which the doctor determines in advance. This can be the introduction of medication into the interarticulate space and into the ligament area, as well as into the region of intervertebral discs.
The main types of medicines are hormonal painkillers for long-term action, which also have an anti-inflammatory effect. Blockades can be carried out as a single drug or as a complex of medicines developed by a doctor taking into account the individual course of osteochondrosis.
The use of injections for the therapy of osteochondrosis is one of the most effective methods of curing the disease, which allows you to develop an individual schedule for the administration of medications, the most effective when considering each specific case.
Pricks with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a very problematic disease, which, unfortunately, has become widespread today. Physicians often have to deal with this ailment, and many methods have been developed to combat it. As practice has shown, injections with osteochondrosis help most effectively. Assign them mostly during the period of exacerbation, when the pain delivers to the patient a maximum of discomfort. Pleasant and the fact that injections are not only effective, but also very quickly.
What are the injections for osteochondrosis?
If you had to deal with osteochondrosis, you perfectly understand what it is: painful pains, which will not be difficult to immobilize a person. Most patients complain that during a period of exacerbation of the disease, pain can be pestered even at rest. That is why, even with a strong desire, let the osteochondrosis drift, and you will not be able to wait until the disease passes by itself.
Usually cervical osteochondrosis is treated with such injections:
- Perhaps the most important group of drugs is non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Such injections relieve pain and inflammation, quickly eliminate swelling and prevent tissue trauma. Of all the preparations, the anti-inflammatory drugs are fastest, and within a few minutes after the first injection the patient feels relieved.
- Very often, with osteochondrosis, prone muscle relaxants are prescribed. These drugs help relax the muscles, which in turn facilitates the patient's condition. The main disadvantage of muscle relaxants is a short-term effect, and an hour and a half after the injection all unpleasant sensations come back.
- Although anti-inflammatory drugs are effective, they are not able to cope with severe pain syndrome. To remove acute pain with osteochondrosis of the lumbar or cervical region, injections of local anesthetics are prescribed. These are strong blocker drugs, which simply do not let the pain signal to the brain. The effect of the blockade is short-lived, but in some situations it is impossible to do without it.
- Well-proven hormonal injections - corticosteroids. They act like anesthetics. But unlike ordinary painkillers in hormonal drugs, there are many side effects. Therefore, they are appointed only in extreme cases.
- For the treatment of osteochondrosis, vitamin injections are also recommended. Thanks to them, the sheath of nerve fibers is restored more quickly, the blood supply is normalized.
- Chondroprotectors are prescribed for the earliest recovery of cartilage. These drugs help to achieve a lasting stable effect. Many specialists argue about their effectiveness, and yet positive responses about chondroprotectors prevail.
- Many doctors resort to the help of homeopathic injections. A huge advantage of this group of drugs is the complete absence of side effects and contraindications.
Names of the most popular injections from osteochondrosis
The assortment of injections appointed for fighting osteochondrosis is large enough. The most popular and effective remedies are as follows:
- Baralgin and many others.
Injections for the treatment of cervical or lumbar osteochondrosis can be done subcutaneously, intravenously, intramuscularly and even epidurally. Intramuscular mode of administration is preferable, epidural injections are administered during the period of exacerbation.
Nyxes in osteochondrosis: how to regain the joy of movement?
Drugs used for injections from osteochondrosis
When exacerbations of osteochondrosis, especially in the cervical and lumbar region, the pains are so strong that no tablets or ointments can help. In such cases, doctors recommend injections to get rid of unbearable pain.
Do self-medication, as with any other diseases, it is not recommended, so any medicine for osteochondrosis - injections, pills, ointments, massage or warming should be prescribed only by an experienced doctor. The first thing that comes to mind is to put an anesthetic injection and forget about the unpleasant sensations. But it is worth remembering that any anesthesia, including even a therapeutic blockade, which the doctor does, will not solve the problem. This is just a temporary solution, which can help you get to the hospital or home.
In order to actually recover from osteochondrosis, a course of treatment is required that will include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, B group vitamins, ointments and medical procedures.
The injections for osteochondrosis most often are as follows:
- Milgamma is one of the multivitamin preparations of Group B. It helps to relieve inflammation and eliminate pain.
- Midokalm is a drug that helps to relax the clamped muscles, relieve tension in them, thereby reducing painful sensations.
- Ketonal and other derivatives of this agent will anesthetize, remove swelling and inflammation.
- Diclofenac and its derivatives will help reduce pain, remove swelling and reduce inflammation.
- Chondroprotectors - will help restore the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral discs, which will accelerate the treatment of osteochondrosis.
These same medications can also be prescribed in other dosage forms - tablets or ointments.
What are good painkillers for osteochondrosis?
- The speed of the body's response to a drug substance. With the help of injections, the result comes at times faster than with the use of other dosage forms.
- The possibility of accurate calculation of dosage. Depending on the age, weight and condition of the patient's physical shape, the most accurate amount of the drug administered can be calculated.
- With the help of a dropper, you can extend the uniform administration of the medicine into the body. This will help not only increase the effectiveness of treatment, but also reduce the negative impact of medicines on the body.
- The possibility of direct influence on the focus of pain. Blockades, which are made with particularly acute attacks of pain, allow the patient to stand upright in the literal sense of the word almost instantly.
That's why the most "favorite" injections for osteochondrosis are drug blockades that put directly into the area that bothers. This is due to the fact that the desired relief occurs almost immediately, as soon as the doctor injects the medicine into the painful place. The doctor chooses drugs for blockages individually, it can be as one medicine( for example, novocaine or ice medicine), and a complex of drugs, which can include not only anesthetics, but also hormonal, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Nyxes for osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
Cysts of the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine will be similar to those that are prescribed when the problem is aggravated in other parts of the spine. It will be analgesics, antispasmodics, anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as B vitamins. However, in order to reduce pain in this area, many doctors recommend using also the so-called Shantz collar. It can be worn for several hours a day, preferably at bedtime. It will fix the cervical vertebrae, preventing excess tension in the cervical region, and normalize blood circulation in this area. After the drug blockade, this collar will promote better absorption of the drugs due to the fact that it will further heat up the problem area.
Injections for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Anesthetic injections from lumbar osteochondrosis will also differ little from injections to relieve pain in the remaining vertebral areas. Treatment of the lumbar region is often quite lengthy. This area of the spine weakly lends itself to fixation and immobilization, therefore it is desirable to conduct treatment in a hospital. In addition to injections, the patient is always prescribed pills and ointments, which in the complex will give the best result.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis with injections should include not only anesthesia and anti-inflammatory therapy. The treatment with chondroprotectors will be effective. They will not give an instant result, but they will help not to remember the problem of this department of the spine for a very long time. The result, accumulated by months of taking these drugs, will be visible only after 3-6 months, but the fact that the patient will not return to this problem for several years, or even tens of years, will be the best result of the treatment.
Treatment for osteochondrosis can take several weeks, as well as a lifetime. And only from an experienced doctor and correctly appointed treatment depends on how easily and painlessly the patient will move, who once resorted to treatment for back pain.
What drugs in the form of injections are used today for the treatment of osteochondrosis?
Treatment of osteochondrosis with pricks
Treatment with injections is most often performed only in cases of severe clinical manifestations and with acute disease. It is known that with osteochondrosis the following symptoms are possible: pain in the affected area of the spine, a violation of sensitivity, tinnitus, photophobia, headache. The injections for osteochondrosis should pursue specific goals:
- elimination of pain syndrome;
- normalization of metabolic processes in cartilaginous tissue;
- strengthening the body as a whole;
- normalization of blood flow in the affected area;
- improved nerve tissue nutrition( in the case of compression syndrome).
Injection treatment is most often used for cervical or lumbar osteochondrosis, as in chest severe pain occurs very rarely. Currently, the following groups of drugs for injection are prescribed:
- vasodilators( Eufillin, Actovegin, Trental);
- vitamins of group B( Kombilipen, Milgamma);
- analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs( Diclofenac, Ketonal).
In osteochondrosis, injections can be used as therapeutic blockades. In this case, the drug is injected directly into the vertebral area. This procedure is performed by a doctor. This manipulation is dangerous, so it is resorted to only as a last resort.Back to the table of contents
Osteochondrosis of the cervical region or any other often requires the use of vasodilators. With inflammation and edema, there is a disruption of the functioning of nerve fibers. This provokes vascular and muscle spasms. Narrowing of the vessels leads to a disruption in the nutrition of tissues in the affected area. Vasculodilators help improve microcirculation, normalize metabolism.
For thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis, Trental, Euphyllin, Actovegin are most often used. Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is somewhat different. In this case, drugs that improve the blood supply to the brain are required. It is recommended that the injection of Piracetam, Vinpocetine.
Pyracetam is indicated in the presence of neurological symptoms( tinnitus, headache, dizziness).This drug is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the main active substance, hemorrhagic stroke, during childbearing and feeding, Huntington's chorea, kidney failure. Also it can not be assigned to children. A good vasodilator effect is given by injections of Euphyllin. This drug dilates blood vessels, normalizes peripheral and cerebral blood flow. In addition, Eufillin dilates the bronchi.Back to the table of contents
Use of anesthetics
In the form of injections with osteochondrosis of the lumbar or cervical, drugs from the NSAID group are used. It can be Diclofenac, Voltaren, Ketonal. They have anti-edematous and analgesic effect. Diclofenac is available in various dosage forms. The injections are done intramuscularly. Diclofenac can not be administered with:
- allergic reaction to NSAIDs;
- severe liver and kidney pathology;
- bronchial asthma;
- peptic ulcer, duodenitis, gastritis, esophagitis;
- gastrointestinal hemorrhage in anamnesis.
This drug is contraindicated in women in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy and during lactation. It is important that Diclofenac is not recommended to be combined with other NSAIDs. Often in the complex treatment of osteochondrosis Ketonal is used. This drug is stronger.
It is administered intramuscularly. The course of treatment is determined by a doctor. Possible side effects include dyspepsia, hemopoiesis, anemia, sleep disorders, depression, bronchospasm, kidney inflammation, peptic ulcer development, edema. Ketonal is contraindicated in case of peptic ulcer, renal and hepatic insufficiency, bronchial asthma, individual intolerance.Back to the table of contents
Pricks with cervical osteochondrosis are especially useful if chondroprotectors are used as a medicine. These drugs contain chondroitin or glucosamine. Chondroitin is produced in humans in cartilaginous tissue by chondrocytes. Chondroitin is involved in the formation of hyaluronic acid. The latter improves metabolic processes in the cartilaginous tissue. Chondroitin strengthens the cartilaginous tissue, making it more elastic and elastic. Chondroprotectors are preferable to use in the early stages of the disease, when the cartilage tissue is not completely destroyed. Today, in the form of injections, chondroprotectors such as Chondroguard, Alflutop, and Don are used.
Chondroguard contains chondroitin sulfate. It reduces degenerative-dystrophic changes in the cartilage, improves the mobility of the joint discs. This drug has analgesic effect. The drug is administered intramuscularly. Possible side effects include the occurrence of rash, itching, hemorrhage, development of dermatitis. Contraindications include thrombophlebitis, increased bleeding, intolerance to the drug, childhood, pregnancy and feeding. Chondroprotectors are prescribed by a long course.Back to the Table of Contents
Osteochondrosis often leads to compression of nerve endings. This can lead to radicular syndrome. With inflammation of the nerves, intramuscular injection of vitamins is indicated. The most important are the vitamins of group B. To eliminate the pain and inflammation the doctor can appoint Milgamma or Kombilipen. Milgamma is indicated in the presence of neurologic symptoms in patients with osteochondrosis. It can be radiculopathy, pain syndrome in the lumbar region, muscular-tonic syndromes. Milgamma is contraindicated in case of intolerance, heart failure, during pregnancy. Vitamins are administered intramuscularly.
Kombilipen is often used. It contains in its composition thiamin, cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine, lidocaine. The latter is an anesthetic and helps to remove the pain syndrome. Thiamine helps accelerate the transmission of nerve impulses, pyridoxine participates in synaptic transmission, CNS inhibition processes. Side effects include itching, urticaria, Quincke's edema, increased sweating, increased heart rate, shock.Back to the table of contents
Other methods of treatment of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis does not lend itself to complete cure. Therapeutic measures are aimed at stopping the destruction of cartilaginous tissue, preventing complications. For treatment to be more effective, it is required to combine injectable administration of drugs with other methods.
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = w1rMsM8nSYM
In addition to injections, the treatment of osteochondrosis involves the optimization of nutrition, increased motor activity, exercise therapy, massage, physiotherapy methods.
It is known that some medicines( chondroprotectors, Euphyllinum) enhance their therapeutic effect when combined with physiotherapy. Of considerable importance in the treatment of osteochondrosis are spinal traction, correction of body weight and posture, reflexology. Thus, injections are the optimal method of administering drugs for osteochondrosis. The injections are prescribed by the doctor according to strict indications.