How to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
What is osteochondrosis? This word came from the Greek language, deriving from the words "osteon" - bone and "chondros" - cartilage. In modern medicine, osteochondrosis is a process of aging and thinning of bone and cartilaginous tissues. Having understood what the disease is, it's time to talk about its causes, symptoms and, most importantly, how to cure the osteochondrosis of the cervical region.
Cervical osteochondrosis, as the name implies, damages the cervical spine. Since all systems of the human body are interconnected, this can not but affect the general condition: in fact, the cervical section is the location of various nodes of both cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Why does this happen?
There are many reasons that can lead to the development of osteochondrosis.
- Age changes in the body, which lead to the development of trophic disorders.
- Insufficient mobility and sedentary lifestyle.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Cardiovascular diseases, circulatory disorders.
- Infectious and allergic diseases.
- Mechanical and bio-electric damages: sudden temperature changes, overloads and injuries.
- Various disorders in the original structure of the spine, such as the fusion of those vertebral bodies, which normally should not be spliced.
- Heredity( however, it should be noted that genetics in 90% of cases does not affect the development of the disease and it is rather a special case than a common phenomenon).
How to recognize osteochondrosis?
What are the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine? When a patient may have the idea that he needs specialist help and diagnosis? Here are the signs that should make you alert and see a doctor:
- Feeling of discomfort in a certain place of the spinal column( manifested at the very beginning of the disease).May be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Feeling of anxiety
- Depressive states
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Impairment of hearing
- Visual impairment
It should be noted that the nature of the disorders and parts of the spine in which they are found depends on the manifestation of certain symptoms. In some cases, osteochondrosis can be burdened by such concomitant diseases of the spinal column as:
- Radiculitis is a disease that develops as a result of spinal cord nerve damage.
- Spondylosis is the process of wear and aging of the anatomical structure of the spine.
- Sciatica - several manifesting concurrently defined symptoms that manifest themselves in lesions of the spine( usually found in people 30 to 50 years old).
- Intervertebral hernia - appears with increasing pressure inside the intervertebral disc and leads to rupture of the fibrous ring.
If the patient has found the symptoms described above, the most important thing is to consult a really good doctor and an experienced specialist. It should be remembered that only a doctor will be able to prescribe a treatment adequate to the current condition of the patient. Do not trust doctors who prescribe psychotropic substances and relaxants in order to relieve stress, and, consequently, to alleviate the disease and even complete recovery.
In no case should one do self-medication without consulting a doctor, because osteochondrosis is not a cold, and wrong treatment can not only not have a positive effect, but also cause serious, and sometimes irreparable harm to health. All actions must be coordinated with a specialist.
In the process of treatment it is important to restore the normal operation of the cervical department and relieve the pain. The very treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is based on physical exercises and medications that the doctor should appoint. As a rule, during the relapse period, complexes of anti-inflammatory, dehydrating( anti-edema), sedative and myorelaxing drugs are prescribed.
How to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
What unites the accountant, the programmer and the driver? Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine! All these people and many others have serious risk factors for the development of this pathology. The prolonged static load due to the presence of the head in one posture, as well as its inconvenient position lead to degenerative-dystrophic changes in the intervertebral discs and the development of osteochondrosis with its consequences.
Cervical osteochondrosis significantly reduces the quality of human life. Given that the neck is a very important part of the body( there are vital organs, vessels and nerves), then the symptoms of osteochondrosis are hard transferred by patients.
Many people, suffering from osteochondrosis of the neck, complain of headache, dizziness, limitation of mobility of the cervical spine, pain in the muscles of the shoulder girdle and in the neck, numbness of the hands and other various pathological manifestations.
In osteochondrosis of the cervical region, not only vertebrae suffer, but also vessels with nerve fibers
Initial signs of osteochondrosis of the neck appear already in twenty years. And the earlier the disease is diagnosed and the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is started, the better the prognosis for a person. We must immediately note that it is impossible to cure this pathology, but it is possible to slow down or stop for a long time the progression, to prevent complications, for example, the development of a herniated disc.
Currently, there are many methods of traditional and alternative treatment, which allows each person to choose for themselves an effective therapeutic complex.
Treatment of the acute stage
Osteochondrosis of the spine is a chronic illness that occurs with alternating remissions and exacerbations. The latter can be provoked by anything, for example, prolonged overload, one awkward and abrupt movement, a general infection of the body, overheating or overcooling. In such cases, each person has an acute pain syndrome, which is a priority task of therapy. The exacerbation of osteochondrosis with medicines is treated, and the treatment regimens include tablets, injections, ointments and other preparations for topical application. Use medicines from the following groups.
Analgesics and NSAIDs
These are the drugs of choice to eliminate acute pain. As a rule, non-narcotic analgesics( dexalgin, analgin, baralgin) are used. They quickly eliminate pain, are administered intramuscularly 1-2 times a day or more( as needed).But it is important to remember that they can not treat the disease itself, but only eliminate the pain. Increase the effectiveness of analgesics can be by their intravenous drip in the composition of lytic mixtures.
If the pain is very intense and non-narcotic analgesics do not help, drugs( tramadol, nalbuphine) can be given a short course( 1-3 injections).
Ketorol is an effective remedy for rapid pain relief in the neck
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs not only cope with pain, they have a good anti-inflammatory effect. Therefore, they are the drugs of choice for eliminating the symptoms of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis. The most commonly prescribed:
Almost all of these drugs exist in tablet forms and in injectable solutions, which allows a more comprehensive impact on the problem.
It's important to remember! Although NSAIDs belong to the group of OTC medicines, their chaotic use and abuse threaten with serious side effects. Therefore, this therapy should appoint only a doctor.
Muscle relaxants are almost always complementary to effective treatment of the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. At an exacerbation, and during remission, there is a pathological muscular spasm of the neck. It strengthens the pain, in addition, it helps to squeeze the anatomical structures of this part of the body( vessels, nerves), which aggravates the situation even more. Therefore, the elimination of the tension of the neck muscles is pathogenetically expedient. But it is important to remember that, as an independent application, muscle relaxants will not benefit.
Popular medications are Medocals, Tizalud, Sirdalud. As a rule, they are appointed as intramuscular injections for the period of exacerbation, after which they are applied up to 1-2 months in the form of tablets.
Anesthetics and glucocorticoid hormones
Drugs from these groups are used mainly for blockade of the cervical spine. Their introduction into the near-vertebral soft tissue turns off the transmission of the pain signal, which allows you to quickly get rid of the pain, but not for long. The action of the blockade depends on the drugs that are used. The most effective blockades are those containing anesthetics( lidocaine, novocaine) and long-acting glucocorticoids( Diprospan, Kenalog).
The blockade of the spine is performed only by a specialist in strict aseptic conditions.
. Ambien is an excellent preparation that effectively fights pain with osteochondrosis. It is a complex medicine in injections that contains an analgesic, NSAID, anesthetic, GCS and vitamin B12.
Anti-edema, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, medications to improve microcirculation, vitamins and chondroprotectors can be used as additional medications. All other methods of treatment, for example, medical gymnastics, massage, physiotherapy, are contraindicated in the acute period of the disease.
Treatment during remission of
After the acute period of the illness is overcome, the main stage of treatment begins, which is not only therapeutic, but also preventive. The purpose of this stage is to strengthen the muscles of the neck, improve blood supply to the tissues of the spine, improve its mobility. There are several methods of therapy that can be performed at home.
Therapeutic physical training
This is an integral and practically basic part of the treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis of the neck. The complex of exercises is selected depending on the stage of the pathological process, the concomitant diseases and preferences of the patient. To effectively engage in exercise therapy at home, it is important that the instructor or the physiotherapist teach all the intricacies of these exercises.
Effective and simple exercises for the cervical spine:
Massage is a great way to eliminate chronic pain in the neck, strengthen and increase the elasticity of muscle fibers, improve their blood supply.
It's important to remember! Massage should be done only by a graduate, as clumsy manual manipulations in the cervical spine can be deplorable, even to the extent of disability.
Today, there are many effective techniques for self-massage, which can be mastered by everyone. Also on sale you can find excellent massagers for the neck, which are especially popular among women.
Physical methods of treatment are actively used at the stage of treatment of osteochondrosis during remission, and also during rest in sanatoriums. Various methods are used:Also you can read: Ointments for cervical osteochondrosis treatment
- laser therapy,
- mud treatment,
- paraffin and ozocerite applications.
A good effect can be achieved with the use of reflexotherapy, in particular acupuncture.
Treatment with folk remedies
Folk recipes can be used in the complex therapy of cervical osteochondrosis, but they should not be the main method of treatment, as it is not a substitute for physical exercises. Also, before applying a prescription, it is advisable to consult a doctor, since many recipes have contraindications.
Several recipes for neck health:
- Compress of horseradish leaves. For its preparation you will need a green sheet of horseradish and honey. Treat the inner surface of the plant with honey and attach to the neck. Top with a handkerchief or bandage. Keep the compress all night long. The course of treatment is 10-14 procedures.
- Compress from potatoes. Raw potatoes( 1 pc.) Should be grated on a fine grater and add a teaspoon of honey to the mush. Evenly distribute the clean cloth and attach to the neck. Top with a bandage wrap. Hold it for 2 hours. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Therapeutic ointment. For its preparation, you will need, based on one dose, a tablespoon of interior fat or butter and the same amount of ground hop cones. Fat should be melted in a water bath and mixed with vegetable raw materials. After cooling, the mixture should be used as an ointment. To process a neck it is necessary 2 times a day during 2 weeks.
Folk methods of treatment of osteochondrosis are very popular among people, but they should not replace the basic therapy
Surgery for cervical osteochondrosis is prescribed in rare cases. Indications for surgery are:
- the presence of complications( intervertebral hernia, spinal canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis), which are accompanied by intense pain, compression of the spinal cord or high risk of the latter;
- constant intense pain, which can not be eliminated by all conservative methods for 6 months.
Today, there are a large number of techniques for performing operations on the spine, including minimally invasive and modern ones. In each case, the type of surgical intervention is chosen by the spinal surgeon. But it is important to remember that surgery on the spine, especially in the cervical region, is always a big risk, so you must first try all the conservative methods of treating the osteochondrosis of the neck.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at homeOsteochondrosis of the cervical region is most often the cause of pain in the neck, head and shoulder girdle, as well as disorders of cerebral circulation. This disease is especially common among those who lead a sedentary and sedentary lifestyle. Without timely treatment can lead to permanent disability.
What is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine?
The cervical spine consists of 7 vertebrae interconnected by intervertebral discs, in the center of which there is a gelatinous nucleus. An unreasonable burden on the spine, uncomfortable postures, frequent muscle spasms, circulatory disturbance leads to degenerative changes in the intervertebral cartilage of the cervical spine, resulting in cracks in the cartilage where the gelatinous nucleus is displaced under load, causing compression of nearby structures - spinal nerves, substances of the spinal cord.
With the progression of the disease, the distance between the vertebrae narrows, bone growths appear, which further exacerbates the situation.
Stages and symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
In the clinical course of osteochondrosis, three main stages are distinguished:
The first stage. Cracks appear in the fibrous ring of the intervertebral disc, the nucleus can shift to the side under loads. Predominant symptoms:
- sharp, shooting pains;
- muscle spasms in the neck;
- the appearance of symptoms characteristic of lesions of the roots of the spinal nerves - dilated pupils, numbness of the tongue, etc.;
- the occurrence of Wright's syndrome( numbness, tingling with the arm behind the head), as well as Nuffziger's syndrome( pinching the subclavian artery and the lower roots of the brachial plexus);
- tenderness of the neck muscles.
The second stage. There is a decrease in the distance between the vertebrae, as well as the drying of the fibrous ring and the occurrence of inflammation due to rupture of the capsule. In addition, at the edges of the vertebral bodies, osteophytes are formed-specific bone growths. Here, to the symptoms observed in the first stage, the "falling head" syndrome may be added, when the patient must support his head with hands to reduce pain.
The third stage. Characterized by a complete rupture of cartilage, prolapse of the gelatinous nucleus and the formation of an intervertebral hernia. The main symptoms of this stage:
- periodic acute pain in the neck;
- limbs partly "stop listening";
- loss of consciousness with a sharp turn of the head, etc.
How is osteochondrosis diagnosed?
If any symptoms of osteochondrosis appear, it is necessary to consult a neurologist who after a proper examination will prescribe a more in-depth diagnostic examination, including radiography, magnetic resonance imaging of the cervical thoracic spine, as well as ultrasound of vessels or angiography. The diagnosis of osteochondrosis is made on the basis of the revealed changes on the roentgenogram and MRI data.
How is cervical osteochondrosis treated at home?
If the patient does not need to be hospitalized, then he is treated out-patient, visiting the neurologist on the specified days and being at home most of the time.
Medication. To improve the general condition after appropriate consultation with a doctor, you can take the drugs of the following groups:
- NSAIDs( eg, diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin) for 1-2 weeks 2-3 times during the day. Usually, these drugs are taken after meals.
- Sedatives. Valerian, motherwort, novopassit, St. John's wort, light tranquilizers prevent the depletion of the nervous system due to the pain syndrome. Appointed for 1-3 weeks.
- Diuretics, reducing edema in the inflammation zone - veroshpiron, diacarb.
- Vitamins of group B. They improve metabolic processes in nervous tissue, normalize neuromuscular conduction.
- Muscle relaxants. Promotes relaxation of spasms.
- Preparations improving the structure and function of the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral discs( chondroprotectors, ATP, etc.).
- Locally prescribed ointments, gels, creams, rubbing, having a distracting, analgesic or warming effect.
Treatment by position. It is carried out during an exacerbation of a painful syndrome. Bed rest and physiological position of the body relieve the load from the spine, significantly reducing the pain syndrome. This mode is assigned one or two days before the pain intensity decreases, and then the patient needs to start moving.
Massage and physiotherapy. In the acute stage of cervical osteochondrosis, experts recommend performing respiratory gymnastics, as well as those types of exercises that relieve muscle spasm. In a subacute stage at home, you can do exercises yourself, standing or sitting, after conducting the appropriate exercises with the LFK methodologist in the hospital. Usually, first perform smooth slopes and turns of the head, and then gradually increase the load. If there is a muscle spasm, you can do neck massage yourself or use the services of a professional masseur. As a prophylaxis of exacerbation of osteochondrosis, it is desirable to undergo massage courses 2 times a year.
Unloading the spine with the help of the Glisson's home loop or cervical collar. Today, it is easy enough to buy a Glisson loop or a neck collar for home use. However, before using them, consult a specialist.
Diet and lifestyle. An important role in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the neck is played by the daily diet. At the same time, it is necessary to exclude those foods and drinks that can excite a person and lead to spasm of the muscles of the spine, increasing their tone. For this reason, it is desirable to abandon tea, coffee, alcohol, spicy spices and smoked meats.
For cartilage tissue and improve the rheological properties of blood, the following products will be useful:
- products containing a large amount of fiber, antioxidants and phytochemicals - vegetables, fruits, grains and legumes;
- proteins - legumes, nuts, eggs, dairy products, calcium, low-fat varieties of fish and poultry, beef;
- unsaturated fatty acids - nuts, ground flaxseed, fatty fish;
- products rich in calcium - cottage cheese, lactic acid drinks, dark green leafy vegetables, mineral water.
In addition to exacerbating osteochondrosis, it is advisable to consume enough water, perform gymnastics for the spine and strengthen the muscles of the back daily. During sedentary work, it is important to take an interval every hour and with the help of exercises to relax the back muscles, improving blood circulation in the problem area, and also to monitor your posture.
Treatment with folk remedies
Of folk remedies for osteochondrosis of the neck, it is recommended to take decoctions or infusions of herbs, and also rub the ointment into the problem zone.
Celery root.1 teaspoon of the crushed root is poured with 1 liter of warm water and it is insisted for 8 hours. Filtered infusion take 1 dessert spoon 3 times a day.
Seeds of celery. For 2 hours pour boiling water in a volume of 0.5 liters 1 tablespoon of chopped seeds. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times during the day before eating.
Horseradish leaves. When inflammation of the vertebrae in the neck area, take a fresh sheet of horseradish, attach to the problem area and wrap the neck around the scarf. Similarly, cabbage leaves can be used, which, before being applied, should be beaten with a kitchen hammer, which is usually used for cooking chops.
How to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical spine?
The problem of cervical osteochondrosis is very urgent today. It's no secret that every second or third person suffers from cervical osteochondrosis in the modern world. And doctors often can not help anyone, because they do not have the necessary knowledge, and do not see anything wrong with osteochondrosis. Like, "what can you do, he is now at all."
Actually, osteochondrosis is not as simple as it seems. Yes, of course, it is not fatal. But it poisons the lives of millions of people who do not know how to treat it. But everything really lies on the surface. .. Therefore, if you have problems with cervical osteochondrosis, carefully read this page to the very end!
Here you will learn about what is cervical osteochondrosis, how it develops, what it is dangerous and, of course, how it can be cured.
What is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine?
Cervical osteochondrosis, in scientific terms, is a dystrophic process that affects intervertebral discs and cartilages of intervertebral joints, eventually involving the vertebral bodies themselves in this process. And the task of the process of its treatment is to stop this process, and then completely reverse it!
But before you talk directly about treatment, you need to understand the causes of this process. After all, nothing just happens. For every phenomenon in our life there is some specific reason or a number of reasons.
Causes of cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine develops under the influence of the same causes as osteochondrosis of other departments - genetic, endocrine-metabolic, infectious, toxic, etc. But the only reason that plays a decisive role in the development of cervical osteochondrosis is a constant sedentary image at the computer, behind the wheel, at the desk.
Currently, cervical osteochondrosis can be determined from every second person. This is due to the fact that we live in urbanized conditions, in the age of developed technologies and social networks. While you read, write, work, communicate through the computer, the neck is in the wrong tilted forward position.
In addition, persistent stress associated with work and other problems also affect the condition of the neck. When a person is in a depressed state, he stoops, drops his head down. Therefore, your neck again takes care of your problems. You do not relax, and your neck too, accordingly, does not relax.
Because of this, your neck muscles are in constant tension, inside the cervical spine increases pressure, the vessels spasmodic and nerve endings are restrained.
Do not ignore your neck and pay attention to each of its signals. After all, cervical osteochondrosis is the most dangerous, because only with it can occur such frequent complications( syndromes) as vertebral artery syndrome, brachial periarthrosis, radicular syndrome and anterior stair muscle syndrome .
We will talk about these syndromes a little later. In the meantime, let's see how the cervical section differs from the rest of the spine, and that in the process of development of osteochondrosis serves as a prerequisite for the development of these syndromes.
- The cervical spine of the is the most mobile .He is characterized by all kinds of movements in full. These are the prerequisites for frequent infringements and subluxations!
- In the transverse processes of the vertebrae, there are holes that form a channel through which the passes the vertebral artery , which supplies oxygen and nutrients to the brain, cerebellum, hearing organs, and the vertebral nerve. These are the prerequisites for frequent clamps of the artery and nerve.
- Intervertebral discs are located between the bodies of the vertebrae not all over the .In front of them there are protruding edges of the vertebrae, which are joined together by joints. These are the prerequisites for the occurrence of subluxation of the joints.
- The intervertebral foramen of the lower three vertebrae is not round, but is triangular in shape .These are the prerequisites for infringement of nerve roots with bone growths that are formed during osteochondrosis.
- In the cervical region, the important ganglia( nodes) of the autonomic nervous system are located.
Here are the key features from which we will start by analyzing the symptoms and complications of osteochondrosis. But first I will tell you how the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine develops so that you can visualize the whole picture.
Mechanism of development of cervical osteochondrosis
The intervertebral disc is the place where the process begins. Under the influence of the above reasons, the pulpous core( central part) of the disc begins to lose moisture. The fibrous ring( the skeleton of the disc) becomes thinner, loses its elasticity, and microcracks appear. As a result, the support, fixation and damping functions of the disc are lost.
The load on the underlying vertebrae gradually increases, and then the process passes to the vertebra itself. Microcracks appear in it and additional "bone growths" of osteophytes are formed to increase its surface area for receiving increased load.
Osteophytes can form either on the back surface, thereby squeezing the nerve roots, or on the lateral surface, squeezing the vertebral artery.
The stability between the vertebrae is broken, which can cause subluxations in the intervertebral joints. The neck muscles tighten to compensate and support the vertebrae in the same position.
But over time, the muscles "get tired" of supporting the spine, and again the load increases on the affected vertebra, which further supports the progression.
So a vicious circle is formed in which the main links - damaged vertebrae and spasmodic muscles of - affect each other and, thus, support the process of osteochondrosis.
Hence the very symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis, which cause so many problems to millions of people.
Symptoms( signs) of cervical osteochondrosis
are well known to those who experienced the "charm" of the development of this process. The most common signs that you have cervical osteochondrosis are as follows:
- Limited mobility in the neck
- Pain or discomfort in the neck
- Forced head position
- Peculiar "crunching" in the neck when turning the head
- Neck muscle tension
This,we shall tell or say so, signs of "a cervical osteochondrosis in the pure state", without complications. The remaining symptoms develop as a result of compression( compression) of the nerve roots and vessels and reflex stimulation of the nerve fibers of the spinal cord. There are specific syndromes inherent only in cervical osteochondrosis. Let's consider them in more detail:
Spinal artery syndrome
Spinal artery syndrome develops as a result of mechanical compression of the artery by a strained muscle or bone outgrowths by "osteophytes".Sometimes it can develop due to spasm of the artery with irritation of the nerve fibers that go from the spinal cord to the artery.
The vertebral artery passes into the cranial cavity and supplies the brain, cerebellum, hearing and vision organs with oxygen and nutrients, so when it is compressed, cerebral ischemia occurs, and all its departments suffer. Therefore, the symptoms of the vertebral artery syndrome are usually the following:
- Paroxysmal headaches that begin with the occiput and extend to the forehead, temples, ears. Can take half of the head.
- Pains are worse with turns or head inclinations, with sedentary work with the tension of the muscles of the neck.
- Hearing and vision impairment: ringing and tinnitus, hearing loss, dizziness, flashing of the "flies" before the eyes.
- Feeling of heaviness in the head, dizziness, disturbance of sleep, memory.
Shoulder-bladder periarthrosis is a lesion of the periarticular soft tissues of the shoulder joint and scapula, especially muscles and tendons. It develops as follows:
- The vegetative nerve fibers are irritated by the destruction of the
- disc. This stimulation in the form of impulses goes to the near joint - the humeral
- . In the periarticular tissues, the trophic( nutrition) is disturbed, which affects the functions of the joint itself.
As a result, the following symptoms of humeroparathic periarthrosis develop:
- Joints pains in the arm and neck
- Hand sideways are limited and painful
- Pain is worse lying on the sore side
- Over time, atrophy of shoulder and shoulder muscles can develop
Radicular syndrome develops due to compression of the nerve root with bone growths "osteophytes", which is manifested by acute cutting pain that extends to the forearm and to the little finger or anonymous fingertsu. Can be accompanied by a feeling of numbness or "crawling crawly."
It should be noted that this complication occurs less often than all others.
Syndrome of anterior staircase
First I note that the front staircase goes from 3 and 4 cervical vertebrae through the side of the neck and is attached to the first rib. Side to the rib is also attached a medial staircase. As a result, a gap is formed between these muscles, through which the nervous brachial plexus and subclavian artery pass.
Now let's see how the syndrome of the front staircase develops:
- Vegetative nerve fibers are irritated by the destruction of the
- disc. Pulse irritation enters the front staircase
- Muscle spasms and squeezes the neural brachial plexus and artery
Symptoms of the staircase muscle syndrome are as follows:
- Pain from aching to harsh, extending to the forearm and hand
- Pain increases when the head is tilted to the healthy side, with the arm sideways
Symptoms from the clamped artery - coldness of the hands, numbness, swelling.
What is common between all syndromes?
We examined the mechanism of development, the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis and all its most frequent complications. Have you noticed something in common between all these processes?
If not, I'll tell you:
One important element participates in all processes - spasmodic muscles!
- squeeze the vertebral artery or nerve plexus,
- disrupt the function of the shoulder joint,
- send back signals about its spasmodic state
- thereby transferring the load to the damaged cervical region and supporting the progression of osteochondrosis.
Yes, the muscles perform these actions under the influence of restrained and irritated nerve roots. But they also send a signal to the nervous system on the principle of feedback, which either supports the pathological process, or liquidates it. Yes, it liquidates.
All this depends on the state of the muscle:
- If it is spasmodic, it sends a pathological impulse( with osteochondrosis) and supports the progression of
- . If it trains( alternately relaxes and contracts, restoring its tone), it sends another - a physiological impulse that restores the nervous system's trophic and rebuilds it.
Hence the answer to the most important question for you:
How to cure cervical osteochondrosis?
So, the only way to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is to restore the tone of your muscles! There are no other options. All other methods - drug treatment, injections, drugs and so on - have only a temporary effect. They eliminate the pain effect, but do not eliminate the cause. And very soon the pain will pester you again.
One of the good ways to treat osteochondrosis is massage. And, in the absence of literate massage therapists, self-massage. Massage and self-massage relax your muscles, and, as we have already found out, it is very useful.
In parallel with massage and self-massage you can connect the methods of treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies, which, as is known, have been checked for centuries. You can make ointments, rubs and baths from various plants.
Well, finally, the most important component in the treatment of osteochondrosis! This is the implementation of special complexes of exercises of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK - therapeutic physical culture).Plus, the correct motor mode( proper lifting of weights, sitting at the computer, prevention of hypodynamia, position during sleep, etc.).
You will learn all this in my free training course "Secrets of cervical osteochondrosis treatment".
I wish you good health! See you in my course. ..
Sincerely, Alexandra Bonina
How to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical section of
One of the most common diseases of the spine is the osteochondrosis of the cervical region. This site is susceptible to defeat as much as possible, since it is the most mobile and constantly under load, supporting the head. It arises due to the degenerative-dystrophic processes of the intervertebral discs, the cartilaginous and bone tissue of the vertebrae. The earlier to begin treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, the easier the process proceeds.
Causes of osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
Cervical osteochondrosis develops as a result of excessive stress on this part of the spine. The muscles of the neck try to lower it, which leads to spasm, a violation of blood circulation, and as a result - to the degenerative processes in the spine. This disease is dangerous, because close to the area of the lesion is the vertebral artery, which nourishes certain areas of the brain. With the displacement of the discs, the proliferation of fibrous tissue, there is a disruption of the blood vessels.
For successful treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, it is first necessary to establish the cause of the onset, the prerequisites that provoked its development and eliminate them. Until recently, the disease was found only in people aged 45 years. Now young people are exposed to it, the age range is 18-25 years. The main causes and prerequisites for the onset of osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebra are:
- Disorder of posture in young and teenage years.
- Overweight, obesity of different degrees. Extra pounds increase the load on the vertebrae and discs, which leads to degenerative processes.
- Curvature of the spine, scoliosis.
- Back injuries that may have occurred in childhood or adolescence.
- Disturbance of metabolic processes.
- Work related to manual labor, which can provoke spine diseases in its various departments.
- Low-activity lifestyle, sedentary work, incorrect performance of any exercises.
- Stresses, nervous stress negatively affect the general condition of the body, can cause the appearance of cervical osteochondrosis.
- Postponed infectious diseases often become the root cause.
- Wrong, uncomfortable body position during sleep( eg, uncomfortable pillow).
- Congenital problems or the presence of hereditary diseases of the cervical spine.
Degrees of development of cervical osteochondrosis
This disease develops for a long time. Osteochondrosis of the cervical region passes through 4 stages of development, each of which has its own characteristic features and features:
- 1 degree. As a rule, there are no symptoms at this stage, so patients rarely consult a doctor, linking the symptoms that arise occasionally with fatigue, stress. For osteochondrosis of the first degree, the destruction of the pulpous nucleus is characteristic, as a result of which the vertebrae can not bear the load and the degenerative-degenerative processes begin.
- 2 degree of cervical osteochondrosis. Due to excessive load, cracks form on the side surfaces of the disc, through which the core is squeezed out, increasing tears. At this stage, a protrusion of the disc, a decrease in its height is diagnosed. In the second stage, the patient with an osteochondrosis of the cervical zone experiences pain, which acquires a permanent character. A person has weakness, numbness of individual areas on the face( head), stiffness of movements, caused by fear of provoking, increasing pain.
- 3 degree. The main characteristic feature of the stage is the formation of an intervertebral hernia in the cervical spine. Under the threat of damage are all nearby blood vessels and tissues: muscles, nerves, connections, artery, veins. At stage 3, there are pains in the occipital region and neck( painful sensations are amplified during head movements), dizziness caused by impaired blood flow in the vertebral artery.
- 4 degree. At this stage, osteophytes appear - the proliferation of bone tissue in width to increase the area of the vertebra and reduce the load. This leads to pinching of vertebral nerves, narrowing of intervertebral foramen, stiffness and inability to move, damage to neighboring joints. When osteochondrosis of the cervical department of the last degree requires a long-term comprehensive treatment, so it is better not to run and carry out prevention.
Symptoms and signs of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
For osteochondrosis of the cervical region, there are specific symptoms and signs, unlike diseases in other areas of the spine. This is due to the presence of closely located blood vessels and nerve endings. The place of origin of the pain syndrome depends on the affected nerve roots in a certain area. Each segment is responsible for a specific area, therefore, it is possible to determine its location according to the signs of the manifestation of the disease.
Symptoms inherent in cervical osteochondrosis include:
- Painful sensations that accompany the patient throughout the day and are localized in the shoulders, neck. Sometimes there is pain in the ears and eyes.
- Strengthening pain in the hands after physical exertion.
- Weak muscles, difficulty in movements in the upper limbs.
- Turns or inclinations of the head are accompanied by pain.
- Periodically observed numbness of limbs, bakes the palms of the hands, increases the allocation of sweat.
- Sharp turns can provoke strong sharp pains or even lead to fainting.
- Noise in the ears, decreased vision, hearing impairment.
- Movement coordination disorder.
Diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis
To determine how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, you should consult a doctor, specialist in this field, and undergo diagnostics. Going to a medical institution, visit a therapist who will refer you to a specialist( this may be an osteopath, a neurologist or a vertebrologist).
The following methods can be used as diagnostics:
- Radiography. This variant of the study is useful at the first stages of the development of the disease, when only cracks and small changes in the texture are observed.
- Computed tomography( CT).This method of diagnosis can determine the presence of changes in the vertebrae. But to establish the sizes of a hernia, the degree of compression of vertebrae is not possible.
- Magnetic resonance imaging( MRI).Ideal for the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis, since all changes in structure are clearly discernible, it is possible to determine the direction of hernia growth and its size.
- Ultrasound duplex scanning. Helps to determine if there are blood flow disorders, and that prevents normal circulation in the cervical region of the vertebra.
After carrying out diagnostic measures, a thorough examination of a specialist, the doctor will determine how to treat the osteochondrosis of the spine in the neck. The choice of treatment depends on the stage of the development of the disease, the presence of concomitant pathologies, contraindications to the use of certain drugs, procedures, exercises. Self-medication before consultation with a doctor can aggravate the problem, entail complications, and recovery will be prolonged, it will become more complicated and time-consuming.
Methods of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
How to cure cervical osteochondrosis? To this end, a variety of methods can be used: taking medications, administering drugs by injection;physiotherapeutic procedures;exercise, exercise therapy;surgical intervention;manual effect;massage and traditional medicine. For different degrees of development of the disease, their treatment options are recommended. It all depends on the neglect, the characteristic symptoms of pinching the radicular nerve, as well as other factors.
How to cure cervical osteochondrosis or reduce its manifestation with the help of medicines:
- Anti-inflammatory preparations of nonsteroidal type. Medications remove swelling, pain syndrome, facilitate the patient's condition. The medicines of this group are: Nyz, Ketonal, Rofecoxib, Celecoxib, Diclofenac, Voltaren, Ketanov, Nimesulid, Movalis.
- Vitamins B for cervical osteochondrosis. Promote the acceleration of metabolic processes in soft tissues. This group includes preparations of Unigamma, Neurobion, Kombilipen, Milgamma.
- Trental and Euphyllin - contribute to the normalization of blood flow, improve nutrition of the roots of nerves, which underwent pathological changes.
- Recovery stimulators. They help to restore cartilaginous tissue even in a damaged disc. The preparations of the group of chondroprotectors include: Arthra, Kondronova, Alflutop, Chondroitin, Teraflex, Zabii stone, Doppelgerz, Glucosamine, Structuvit.
- A group of drugs that helps to relieve muscle spasms. This is Sirdalud, Midokalm, Tizalud, Tizanidin.
- Painkillers - Ibuprofen, Analgin, Meloksikam.
Physiotherapy in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapeutic procedures favorably affect discs and vertebrae in cervical osteochondrosis. In combination with taking medications, combined treatment helps to get rid of the symptoms of the disease. Procedures are carried out in a hospital or in specialized clinics at polyclinics. Before the beginning of the course, you need to consult a doctor, determine the duration of physiotherapy, and types. Strictly forbidden to pass it during an exacerbation.
Physiotherapeutic procedures for cervical osteochondrosis:
- Magnetotherapy. A safe method of treatment, which consists in the impact on the damaged cells of a low-frequency magnetic field. This gives an analgesic effect, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Ultrasound. Favorably affects the metabolic processes in the tissues of the cervical region, which removes puffiness, pain disappears.
- Electrophoresis. It should be used with painkillers( anesthetics), which are injected under the skin via electronic pulses.
- Laser therapy. It improves blood circulation in the affected area, relieves swelling of tissues, pain.
Therapeutic physical training
Than to treat an osteochondrosis of a cervical department of the house without use of medicines? A common question that worries many patients. The optimal option that will help get rid of the symptoms of the disease, strengthen the muscular corset, is exercise therapy. The exercises are simple, so you can do them yourself at home. Watch a video with an approximate set of exercises for the disease:
Exercises for cervical spine osteochondrosis:
- Sit on a chair, the back should be flat, keep your head straight. Perform the usual turns of the head in the left, then in the right side, springy tilt back and forth.
- The patient lies down on the floor, belly down. From this position, head movements are made to the right, to the left;during the turns you need to get your ear to the floor.
- Put your hands on your forehead and tilt your head forward, simultaneously applying resistance to your hand.
- Position: standing evenly, hands down down along the body. Raise your shoulders as much as possible and stay for a few seconds in this position. Repeat the exercise ten times.
- From the standing position, lower the head as far down as possible, trying to touch the chest with the chin.
Where to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical department in Moscow
To cure osteochondrosis of the cervical department, it is necessary to contact specialists of medical institutions providing such services. In Moscow for treatment are addressed to the following centers:
- Bobyr Clinic. Ul. Malomoskovskaya, house 21, building 1. Metro: Alexeyevskaya station. Tel.: 8 495 585 0850;
- of OJSC "Medicine".Ul.2-nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya Lane, 10. Metro: "Mayakovskaya".Tel.: +7( 495) 204-33-39;
- Moscow Center of V. I. Dikul. Ul. Miklouho-Maclay, house 44а.Tel.: +7( 495) 779-25-25;
- Workshop of health. Ul. Leninsky Sloboda, house 19, building 6. Metro: Avtozavodskaya. Tel.: +7( 495) 268-12-69;
- MEDforYOU.Treatment of spine and joints. Ul. Paliha, 13/1.Subway: Novoslobodskaya. Tel.: +7( 495) 268-05-42.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine - can provoke various kinds of complications( headaches, deterioration of hearing and coordination), if not begin to be treated promptly. For maximum effect, it is necessary to use several methods in a complex manner. For example, medicines and massage, physiotherapy and folk methods. A physician specializing in spine pathologies can prescribe effective and effective treatment options.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a degenerative-dystrophic change in the cervical spine that leads to a disruption in its structure and functions.
This disease afflicts most people after forty years without even knowing the true cause of their ailments. Changes in the condition of the spine do not occur in a single day, and the gradual deterioration of the state of health does not occur so noticeably for a person. Therefore, many people are skeptical about the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. But in vain: timely measures taken can restore you long-forgotten good health and give you many more healthy days in the future.
What causes problems with the spine?
The most common problem of all modern people is the sedentary lifestyle .And even if you are forced to spend at least twice a day in active traffic( on the way to work and work), then the benefits of such activity is very small. The gait of most men and women, hurrying to work, does not leave the spine any chance for a full-fledged functioning: a bound back, a strained shoulder girdle, rapid harsh steps, creating a shake without proper depreciation. After such a trip, you have about eight hours to sit at the desk, exposing the static tension of the back muscles. And by the way, it is the deep muscles that are in close proximity to the vertebral column, responsible for the possibility of long-term preservation of the pose. Their long stress contributes to the disruption of blood circulation in the spine, which eventually leads to dystrophic changes in the cartilages( vertebral discs) and vertebrae.
Of course, every person changes in the condition of the spine occur at different times.then due to lifestyle and heredity. At that, the way of life here is of paramount importance. From the way you eat, whether you use substances harmful to health and alcohol, whether you are injured, the health of your back and the entire body depends to a large extent.
The sick spine is a sick person
The symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis are very diverse, yet they are characteristic for disorders in the spinal column.
Headaches and meteorology, occipital pain, pain directly in the neck and back. Often with cervical osteochondrosis, there are numbness of hands, tingling in the hands, chest, palpitations. Violated posture. There may be problems with eyesight, hearing, speech. Constant companions of people with osteochondrosis - increased fatigue, drowsiness, irritability, tearfulness.
Cervical osteochondrosis during pregnancy
Pregnancy is not only a wonderful time in a woman's life, but also a serious test for the strength of her body. Often during this period, chronic diseases worsen, or new health problems appear. Not an exception and problems with the spine, which usually come to the fore.
Changing the shape reduces the bending of the spine in the lumbar region, which in turn affects its other departments. At the same time, the hidden disability of the musculoskeletal system disturbs the woman already with quite obvious symptoms. In addition, the exchange of vitamins and minerals changes, the lack of which is acutely manifested by musculoskeletal problems. Therefore, a systematic discharge of the spine and increased nutrition are a necessary part of a successful pregnancy.
Classical treatment of osteochondrosis
The presence of such a large number of causes of cervical osteochondrosis suggests that the huge functional load that falls on the spine. A variety of symptoms often leads the patient to the wrong person.
Ophthalmologists, cardiologists, even psychiatrists seek to improve the well-being of such people, until the true cause of the ailments comes to light. In this case, depending on the prevailing symptoms, the patient falls into the hands of an orthopedic traumatologist( vertebrologist), or a neurologist.
Treatment is aimed at improving the blood circulation of the spine, reducing the static load, increasing the concentration in the blood of substances that feed bones, ligaments and cartilaginous tissue.
To do this, use exercise therapy, physiotherapy( baths, vibromassage, electrophoresis), calcium and phosphorus preparations in combination with vitamin D, vitamins B.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis in the home
At home, cervical osteochondrosis can be treated with no less success,than in the conditions of the polyclinic .The main thing that you will need for effective treatment is a systematic and competent approach. It is important to include in the treatment program dosed physical activity and neck gymnastics. It should also be taken into account that the increase in the number and intensity of training should be gradual so as not to harm the weakened spine.
And if you do not know how to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home, we will gladly give you some useful recommendations.
- The root of elecampane. It is important to use the roots of plants of the second year of life. Proportions for cooking broth - 2 tablespoons of raw materials for a glass of boiling water. Boil the roots 10 minutes on low heat, then drain. Use decoction broth for compresses on the spine area twice a day for 20 minutes. The same broth is useful for baths, just increase the amount of raw materials to ten tablespoons.
- White Cross Root. Choose a large root of a fresh plant, pour it into a gruel, wrap it in one layer of gauze and attach it for 30 minutes to the neck from the nape to the protruding seventh cervical vertebra. In order to make the medicine for a longer period of use, prepare the suspension from the root of White and sunflower oil transgression. Dried the dried root, and rub into powder;use a coffee grinder as much as possible. Mix well the resulting raw material with refined sunflower oil, based on the proportions: 2 teaspoons of powder per 1 glass of oil. The received medicine perfectly removes pain in the back and neck. Rub the suspension on the neck twice a day, after mixing it.
- Bitter chillies. To improve blood circulation in the cervical spine, use an extract of chilli pepper extract. Cut two large fruits and pour a glass of sunflower oil. Insist in a dark place in a tightly closed dish for five days. Start using the extract, rubbing the oil twice a day into the cervical spine. Filter the oil is not necessary: a gradual increase in the concentration of pepper's active ingredients in the oil will create the desired therapeutic effect.
- Bay leaf and juniper. Grind in a coffee grinder the dry laurel leaves and juniper needles in the proportion: 1 tablespoon laurel and 1 teaspoon juniper. The resulting powder is carefully mixed with two tablespoons of quality butter. Leave the ointment in a glass jar in the fridge for the night, and the next day start to use: rub the ointment twice a day in the neck, especially in the nape of the neck.
- Comfrey root. Grind in a coffee grinder 200 grams of dry root comfrey, mix the resulting powder with a pack of quality butter( 200 g).The resulting ointment is applied twice a day in two steps: first gently rubbing for 10 minutes, until you get a light heat from the skin, and after that - a thick layer on the gauze, covering the compress with parchment paper and woolen cloth. Keep the compress for two hours. Comfrey has unique properties that restore bone and cartilaginous tissue.
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis
Try to organize your day so that there is always time for active and passive rest. For a long and healthy life of your spine, adequate blood supply and mineral nutrition is very important. Also, do not forget about enough animal protein in your daily diet.
But the excess weight should be eliminated, but not with the help of diets for weight loss, which deplete the body, and regular physical exertion.
During the working day, do not forget to do gymnastics for the neck every hour for five minutes. Do not use the services of self-taught massage therapists, or chiropractors: inept hands and ignorance of the simplest laws of medicine can cause irreparable harm to your spine.
Which doctor treats osteochondrosis
If you find symptoms that indicate cervical osteochondrosis, contact a neurologist( neurologist).You can first consult a therapist.Dmitry Voroshilov
I am always saved from all pains in the joints by an inexpensive means, which is available in any pharmacy.gel-balm Bee venom-911.Based on bee venom, very gently warms, relieves pain, inflammatory processes. YES, and the gel itself is well absorbed and does not spoil clothes.
Do sports and think less about the bad and will be healthy.
- Sasha( Kharkov)
I want to buy darsonval or ultrathin for osteohandroza treatment what would you advise?
I have a device Dr. Bobyr helped, worried osteochondrosis rastostnichno-krestcovogo department of the spine with radicular syndrome for about 10 years, all the means have already tried, until I found this device, I recommend.
- Tatyana Ivanovna
And Artradol, which the doctor has appointed, helps me. Only half the course of injections has passed, and already there is no pain at all. I hope with the help of this drug to completely get rid of his illness.
Tell me how much should I take Artradol to get rid of osteochondrosis permanently?
Lida, let me answer you.all individually, I had 2 courses of artradol.but I also did lfc, and on a special diet. A neighbor of mine from 1 course of artradola ran like a girl.so that as someone will be lucky.
Cervical osteochondrosis was given to me six months ago when I turned with dizziness and headaches. The story is generally interesting. First, in order to get rid of these symptoms, the vasobral has been discharged, which improves the functioning of the brain, the outflow of blood from it and the blood vessels strengthens.helped after 3 weeks, and even ceased to buzz in my ears, and I became less tired, although I did not decrease at work.but the doctor insisted on a further examination, as he began to suspect cerebral ischemia.but only cervical osteochondrosis was revealed, which makes it very strange, because ischemia has many terrible consequences, before the stroke.from the spring I will begin treatment of an osteochondrosis, but while I quit smoking and continue to drink vaso ball for prophylaxis.
Personally I struggle with an osteochondrosis, in a pool, I swim. And grief I do not know, and everything else is just money for the wind, especially in Moscow.
Completely agree with you. Especially after she threw a decent amount of money into the wind by purchasing the drug alflutope on prescription. It contains phenol, so I do not advise anyone to use it in treatment.
Mom was assigned active glucosamine, after one course she feels very well
And I drink water prepared for "EMERALD-S" "Three in One"( SRT) installation for purifying drinking water and obtaining living and dead water. Believe me, if you do not have arms raised and shoulder joints hurt, and after regular intake of water received in this unit, the pain has gone up arms.then he speaks about something. Yes you can and pills to drink, but it's harmless and there are no consequences. And if you look at what recommendations and if it's all true gentlemen, let it not be a panacea, but as it is called Diamond Water, I agree that it treats."Diamond Water" can be used with success in arthritis and arthrosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, urolithiasis, immunity decrease;"Diamond Water" has antioxidant( antioxidant) activity and can be used in a complex of antioxidant therapy in cancer patients receiving radio and chemotherapy;in persons at risk of exposure;to protect the body from the effects of peroxide radicals and industrial pollution factors;under the action of "Diamond Water", the work of pathologically altered kidneys is facilitated by improving glomerular filtration, diuresis improves, the excretory function of the kidneys improves, the level of intoxication is reduced, the pre-dialysis period is extended until the need for transition to chronic hemodialysis is completely eliminated;"Diamond water" helps to reduce swelling and reduce arterial hypertension, reduces the intensity of allergic reactions and dermatoses, reduces osteoarticular pain;having a tonic effect, "Diamond Water" improves the condition of patients with asthenic syndrome, developed as a result of psychophysical overstrain;"Diamond Water" enhances the effect of drugs;"Diamond water" has an increased biological value, is very well absorbed by the cells of all living organisms;has a general strengthening effect, improves metabolic processes and improves tone;"Diamond water" is very healthy and refreshes the skin: a similar structure has melt water;if you rub your face with an ice cube of such water, it becomes more elastic and younger, and the masks and decoctions are activated many times;Bathing in "Diamond Water" is especially useful for babies;In addition, in "Diamond Water" products are quickly cooked, while retaining more nutrients;washed vegetables and fruits are completely freed from hard-to-remove film of herbicides and pesticides;pets prefer water obtained at Almaz plants to other samples of tap water purified in sorption-filtration plants or boiled;watered "Diamond" water, plants grow better, cut flowers last longer keep freshness;Finally, "Diamond Water" is just delicious.
Well, obscurantists with their diamond water, chicken stomachs and other nonsense appeared. Maybe it's enough for people to fool people.
Yes, it's nonsense.
Enough to drive advertising!
I was prescribed a rumalon for cervical osteochondrosis, I was finally able to turn my head!
And what does he do? ??And it is already terribly treated with medicines, after the injection of alflutope has received the most severe complications.
Hello! To me too did or made Alflutop( paravertebralno) In 6 months it is necessary to repeat a course Tell or Say, what complications are possible or probable? A lot of negative reviews from him
and I do not know what kind of doctor to go to.all a bunch of medicine appoints but only no!
How to look at the price of this drug in the drugstore so immediately back becomes easier
If you have pain while turning your head or pain in the shoulder area, elbow, please massage in along the edge of the scapula, especially in the upper corner nearest to the neck. Massage the base of the hand, either with the edge of the palm, or with your fingertips. Move crosswise the body in the direction from the spine to the scapula. Start the movement from the bottom of the scapula, gradually moving to the upper corner. If the reason is this, then, usually, this area of the body is painfully inflamed and, despite the pain in the massage, as it were, requires it. With headaches, massage of eyebrows, ear lobes, and hands between the main and index fingers is helpful.
Unfortunately, not always osteochondrosis is so simple and at home you can all cure. Very often he comes with some complications, and then without a proper diagnosis and professional treatment can not do. My sister was exhausted at all, then accidentally went to a wonderful doctor called Fayyad Farhat, he diagnosed that osteochondrosis was complicated by a hypotholemic syndrome and prescribed a whole complex of treatment and procedures and medications. Only then it was possible to cope, and the pains passed, and the head and heart, everything suffered because of the spine, as it turned out.
Ninel, please tell me, where does this wonderful doctor accept?
please write down the address of this doctor, I really need help, thank
in advance, please write to the address of this doctor, I really need help, thank
- in advance
please write to the doctor's address no one can help in advance thanks
hello now I'm sittingat home because of pain in the back. Write to me please the doctor's address.
Tell me, please, where can I find this doctor? Fayad Farhat? I have been suffering from cervical osteochondrosis for a long time. I've tried a lot of medications, it does not help.
I was prescribed gymnastics, and the neurologist banned the swim! !!
And I vice versa swim and it becomes easier to get headaches tortured only by Nize I'm saving!
First time I hear doctors forbidden to swim, with me to the pool a woman with a vertebral hernia goes and says that she started swimming only for medical purposes and so was drawn in that she now at least 3 times a week is engaged. I myself was tortured to go to doctors who do not really treat anything. Of all the treatment I take only chondroprotekant Zabi stone, in capsules such, by the way an excellent preparation, but it should be taken only by the course, from 1-2 capsules, alas, the result should not be expected. But on natural components. Completely changed the food and pool-pool-pool. My mother-in-law has a very good answer about Sol-Iletsk in the Orenburg region, says that it's a miracle, treats everything, especially arthritis-osteochondrosis
Tell me, but without MRT, you can diagnose cervical osteochondrosis? I started having headaches, made a corgiogram of the vessels of the head, showed a circulatory disturbance. The doctor said this chondrosis.
Chondroxide I drink tablets. It well relieves pain in chondrosis. . I have cervical chondrosis. .
Nanohondrol for joints is what I'm exactly saving from pains in the lower part of the spine. The main thing is quickly the pain passes, especially when it is squeezed. But the chondroxide did not help me.
I have already spent so much money on examinations and treatment. I do gymnastics twice a day with Capsicam and I drink pressure from the pressure. And occasionally I drink Valid. That's how I survive.
Julia, it seems like in our country so everything survives. It is better not to hurt
I also heard that it is harmful to swim with chondrosis, but I do not understand why
Swim correctly, without bullying your head, not many can. When the position when the head is tucked up the muscles of the neck are straining, additional efforts are required to hold it. Consequence of tension is uncomfortable. There is no harm, but no benefit is seen.
And I am the pain who needs to clean up, and smear my neck should, like pomoshi.dva days and pain prohodit.na half a year enough
And I pain Ketonalom I remove, and I smear the neck Dolobene, like helps. Two days and the pain passes.for half a year is enough.
My ear ached, the pain was jerking( as if it were an ear shoots), the ENT after the examination said that it was not otitis, but osteochondrosis, a bundle of nerves crept into my ear, coming to the ear Maju all in a row, enough for a day, thenagain a pain in the ear. I do gymnastics for the neck, I do massage and smear all kinds of warming found in the internet, I need to do exercises every hour for five minutes for the neck, and lose weight! !!Here I am engaged still to grow thin on-fast
Somebody heard about a method haji Bazylkhan Dyusupov - the academician, the honor spiritual healer of Kazakhstan, the healer of the international category( so it is written on a site where I took this information).He sends a DVD-ROM with treatment In the name of life. Or again razvodilovo for 3,5 thousand? ????It is said that the osteochondrosis passes.
do not waste your money nonsense this is the type of Kashpirovsky
is a simple charlatan. My aunt bought doroguschie discs, but to sense-zero. But if you have nowhere to put money, then check, buy.
Answer please, did anyone address the problems of cervical osteochondrosis to homeopathy? Does this doctor treat this disease?
For me it was very important to treat the back non-surgically. And thanks to the doctors of the St. Petersburg Institute of Nutrition, I managed to significantly improve my condition by conservative methods! I have been there for almost 3 years, I regularly go for stretching at Kinetrak, I always go to the pool and massage, do exercises. For this time the lumbar pains have practically retreated, but only I will feel the first inconvenience - I immediately appeal. I take courses about once a year. My condition improved. The pain was gone after the first course of stretching the spine, but I wanted to achieve a stable result and the excellent specialists of the clinic helped me!
I'm suffering with dizziness and noise in my ears and head for 3 years, nothing helps. No gymnastics, no drugs, no injections, no ointments, nothing. And then she added her lower back. Cry out loud. But my children pulled me out to see how they would ride on horses and persuade me. When I climbed onto the horse, my head began to spin so frightened that I thought I was about to fall. The whole pale, then covered. But she told herself that she was ashamed of the example of cowardice to the children and had to overcome her own self and her own fear. But then how grateful I was to them that they dragged me out! After skiing, I forgot what a back pain is for two weeks! Now I think how to persuade them once again to go for a drive!
Today they closed my bals with a diagnosis of exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis. For 10 days the effect was zero, while they only prescribed: voltaren, baralgin, neuromidine-vm, and trental tablets. Neither the massage nor the physioprocedures. From these drugs I have an acute allergic reaction! They canceled all the medications, stabbed suprastin with dexamitazone for 3 days and was sent home with a parting word: it's worse coming. That's such a cool treatment!( As in anecdotes) Be careful and healthy!
It should be understood that chondrosis is a diagnosis for life. You can relieve the pain syndrome, but it will be time he will return. The hospital doctor, with this diagnosis, boldly gives 15 days. Learn to live with it( osteochondrosis).Gradually learn to understand when and why there are exacerbations and how to deal more effectively with them. Everything is in your hands and, rejoice! Chondrosis is far from the most terrible disease.
I do not agree with you, Sergey. Osteochondrosis is a very terrible disease. With age, big heart problems will begin, becausethe blood flow is disturbed.
I did not become a discothecer, there are so many pimples
ringing in the left ear. The ENT said, everything is fine,. Made UZDG vessels of the cervical department, the neurologist prescribed a massage of the cervical vertebrae at least 10. Does anyone like that? Write.in advance thanks to
Strong, dull headaches started. He started with a therapist, he sent to a neurologist. Analyzes, pictures, ultrasound Diagnosis: Osteochondrosis of the cervical department. . Written tablets( pantogam, afobazol) Injections Actovegin, Movalis. Physiotherapy, acupuncture, what kind of cream In general, tin. I feel like an old grandmother.
I have been suffering from this disease for 8 years already. Four years ago I was even put in a hospital. Have made a roentgen of a neck in several proektsiyah. Skazali, rejoice at least hernia nety. Stavili droppers with vinpocetine, mexidol in pricks, tagistu in tablets against dizziness and noise in the head. Among other things this treatment helped. A year and a half felt like a man. And now everything is still. Constantly the feeling of a helmet on the head, the noise in the head like trains rumble, everything floats in the eyes, you walk along the road, you walk around. Doctors say: What do you want? At you in fact already a chronic-syndrome of a dorsal arterii. Advise to do or make gymnastics for a neck and to buy an applicator Kuznetsova.
Good day. For the third day I was lying at home with pain under my left shoulder blade. To be honest, it is not clear where exactly it hurts, the whole left side of the back hurts, from neck to arm. Any movement( turning or lowering the head, lifting the hand, moving the body) leads to hellish pain. At night I do not sleep at all, I can not sleep because of pain. I suspect that this is cervical osteochondrosis. Last year, in the fall, it was the same, but there were no such strong blues. He used diclafinate. What do you think, on the grounds of this osteochondrosis?
Go in for sports less will hurt! My friend also had a backache, doctors said osteochondrosis, he was helped by bees) or rather the bite of three bees for two years now says it does not bother the back!
I want to ask if the chest cage can hurt from the cervical osteoarthrosis, well, it hurts too, and the shoulders and left arm, the head is generally plague, dizziness terrible in the car can not go, shaky gait. What helps? Picture mrt. Horoshy doctor manual therapist. Massage of muscles to relieve spasm of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.DiscussionsSign up with a paid doctor
How and what to treat cervical osteochondrosis?
Clinical manifestations of the disease
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is characterized by a wide variety of manifestations. Symptomatology depends on the prevalence of one or several syndromes developing as a result of the impact of pathologically altered structures of the spine on the spinal cord, its roots or vertebral arteries. The following syndromes are determined for the disease clinic:
- Vertebral - manifested by pain of varying intensity and duration, with localization in the neck or in the occipital region of the head.
- Spinal - the occurrence of disturbances of innervation, manifested by motor and sensory disorders, as well as trophic changes in the muscles of the upper limbs.
- Radicular - is manifested by painful sensations of different locations( upper limbs, thoracic and abdominal organs), requires differential diagnosis with many diseases of the internal organs and the cardiovascular system.
- Syndrome of the vertebral artery - characterized by the development of vestibular disorders that occur due to insufficient blood supply to the brain structures( headaches, hearing impairment, tinnitus, dizziness, short-term loss of consciousness).
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis?
The reason for seeking medical help is the first time complaints or another exacerbation of the disease. In any case, the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis should be prescribed, only, by the doctor after a mandatory examination, the patient and the necessary laboratory and instrumental studies to exclude the concomitant pathology.
After confirmation of the diagnosis, in most cases an outpatient treatment is prescribed. Inpatient treatment requires patients with severe neurological disorders, a high probability of complications and severe concomitant pathology. Conservative treatment of osteochondrosis involves the use of the following methods.
The use of medicines is necessary during the exacerbation of the disease in order to combat the pain syndrome. For this purpose appoint:
- Non-narcotic analgesics( ketarol, reopyrin, indomethacin, baralgin, diclofenac, etc.).Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are taken orally, parenterally, with the mandatory use of local drugs - ointments, gels, balsams, flavors. Complex anti-inflammatory therapy helps reduce edema of soft tissues - the main cause of the occurrence of pain in vertebral syndrome. The duration of the use of drugs of this group is 5-10 days, sometimes 2 weeks. In the absence of effect, paravertebral blockades of anesthetics with hormonal agents in the amount of 1-3 manipulations are used.
- Spasmolytic agents( drotovirin, papaverine, nicotinic acid), vitamins of group B. In acute period, in the presence of pronounced edema, the appointment of diuretics with a short course for 2-4 days is indicated. They reduce the vasospasm and improve microcirculation in the inflammatory focus.
- Sedatives( glycide, pion tincture, valerian root, persen, phyto tea and dues) to prevent the development of neuroticism, in the presence of prolonged painful pain in the patient.
- External warming agents - balms, ointments, rubbers, which have a weak irritant effect and contain biologically active substances of vegetable and animal origin( viprosal, menovazine, etc.).Drugs with a strong irritant effect can not be used, as they contribute to an increase in edema, which can lead to worsening of the condition.
Massage is an integral part of the complex treatment of osteochondrosis. It is used after elimination of exacerbation to fix the effect of drug therapy and periodically during remission with a preventive purpose. The course of therapeutic massage is 10-14 sessions and is prescribed 2-4 times a year in the absence of severe pain syndrome.
Massage allows you to improve blood flow, lymph drainage and relax the spasms of the neck and collar area. Due to this, there is an improvement in the nutrition of the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral discs, which prevents the progression of the process and reduces the risk of subsequent relapse.
Therapeutic physical training
Classes of physiotherapy exercises for cervical osteochondrosis should be performed daily except for exacerbation of the disease, accompanied by severe pain. In severe pain, a gentle regimen should be followed, which implies maximum limitation of movements in the cervical spine.
The systematic exercise of therapeutic gymnastics allows to strengthen the muscles of the neck, which helps to reduce the static load on the intervertebral disks. Exercises are carried out smoothly, the execution of sharp movements of large amplitude at first is prohibited. Classes should be started cautiously, gradually increasing the load, not allowing the occurrence of unpleasant sensations.
Exercises are performed while standing or sitting. The most common exercises consist of:
- head turns to the sides;
- tilts the head forward and back;
- lifting shoulders, with relaxed or fixed hands, with their retention in this position 15-20 seconds;
- static loads, with the fixed head there is alternate tension of the flexor and extensor of the neck.
Exercises should be repeated 5-7 times, the duration of the session is 15-20 minutes.
To avoid possible complications, stretching should be performed in a hospital environment under the supervision of a physician. The procedure is carried out with the utmost care and in the event of pain it should be immediately stopped, as it can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. When stretching, stretching of the elastic tissues of the ligaments of the vertebral column occurs, which leads to an increase in the distance between adjacent vertebrae. It increases by 1-3 mm. This is enough to reduce the compression of the spine or the artery of the herniated disc or, in some cases, completely eliminate the squeezing. During the procedure, the pressure inside the intervertebral disc decreases, which causes a partial retraction of the hernial protrusion and an increase in the intervertebral opening.
Extension favorably affects the intervertebral joints, eliminating the subluxations formed in them, and contributes to the reduction of muscle contractures. Immediately after traction, it is necessary to fix the cervical spine with special devices for several hours. The treatment course includes 10 to 20 procedures.
A good effect is the use of drug electrophoresis. The technique allows the delivery of drugs in tissues that are involved in the pathological process. In cervical osteochondrosis, electrophoresis is used with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, anesthetics with hormonal and other drugs.
The use of diadynamic currents improves blood circulation and has a good analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, contributes to a decrease in the excitability of the nervous tissue. When using complex treatment with conservative methods, it is possible to cure the initial appearance of osteochondrosis, provided that an active lifestyle is maintained, correct and adequate nutrition, and rejection of bad habits.
With a far-reaching, destructive process, proper treatment and lifestyle will lead to long-term remission. Part of the patients can not achieve improvement with the help of conservative treatment, in such cases resort to the help of neurosurgical methods.
Surgical treatment of
Before surgical treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, all available canning methods should be tried. Usually, surgical treatment is indicated with ineffective therapy for three months or more. As well as the development of the patient's spinal cord compression, which is accompanied by severe neurologic symptoms capable of leading to disability.
At present, microdiscectomy and endoscopic operations are most often used. Manipulation is performed using microsurgical instruments and a 10-fold microscope, which allows you to clearly examine the areas of the spinal cord that have undergone compression. The excision of a part of the hernial protrusion is applied to the spine or the spinal cord. Sometimes it is necessary to remove a small fragment of the vertebrae or to excise a ligament.
how to cure cervical osteochondrosis?
Do not forget that in case of cervical osteochondrosis, which is treated for a long time and painfully, it is possible to use non-traditional methods: reflexotherapy, use of chondroprotectors( ointments, gels), massage, water and mud therapy, acupuncture, manual therapy, etc.
diet with cervical osteochondrosis. Exercises in the class of exercise therapy should be supplemented with gentle nutrition. From the diet, you must exclude or severely restrict the use of the following products: broth on meat, grapes, wine, sorrel. Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis should be performed by the patient carefully and carefully. With this disease, it is important not to overstress the back so that there are no exacerbations in the osteochondrosis of the cervical region. Treatment for exacerbation is usually reduced to anesthesia, rest and anti-inflammatory treatment. Exercises performed in physical exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are mostly soft and gradually affect the muscles of the neck and thoracic spine. Medical gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis should be conducted by an experienced medical professional in order to avoid injuries.
Extension of the spine is an effective healing method of self-prevention for cervical osteochondrosis. Treatment of this method is known to mankind for a long time. Such devices for stretching the spine are in many health institutions. The stretch method is based on the action of the inflatable cervical collar.
If exercises, medicines, physiotherapy, unconventional and folk methods of treatment are not helpful in cervical osteochondrosis, there is one more - surgical intervention, which is used last.
Cervical osteochondrosis can not be cured, but persistence, patience, willpower, the desire to be healthy help patients to stop the development of the disease and prevent its complications.
Cervical osteochondrosis folk remedies
To treat cervical osteochondrosis with exercises, medications prescribed by physicians, and physiotherapy and alternative medicine is half the battle. There is also the wisdom of the people, which has preserved the prescriptions for the treatment of our ancestors. How to treat cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies? There are a lot of recipes. The main thing is to start cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies, not stop, and apply them regularly, without missing receptions. Here are a few recipes of your choice.
Recipe. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical region with horseradish leaves.
With osteochondrosis of the cervical department, folk remedies will come to the rescue. Severe pain in the neck will help remove the horseradish sheet, which is applied to the sore spot on the neck and knotted with a scarf and woolen cloth for the night. Can also be used during the day. Greatly relieves pain.
Recipe. Infusion of celery against cervical osteochondrosis.
Celery perfectly dissolves deposits of salts and slags in the body.
Take the root of this plant, thoroughly rinse it and chop it. Then pour 1 liter of warm water, let it brew for 8 hours. After straining, the infusion is ready for use. Take it before meals three times a day for 1 dessert spoon.
If you do not have a celery root, but eat its seeds, for you cervical osteochondrosis treatment folk is the following recipe.
Recipe. Celery seeds are treated with cervical osteochondrosis.
Taking a tablespoon of celery seeds, you need to fill them with two glasses of warm boiled water. After two hours of infusion, strain. Take infusion should be three times a day before meals for one tablespoon.
To cure osteochondrosis of the cervical region, folk remedies are all good, especially since they have been checked for centuries.
Recipe. Flowers mother-and-stepmothers will save from pain with cervical osteochondrosis
With cervical osteochondrosis, treatment with folk remedies is the first thing and, most importantly, cheap. Here, for example, the yellow mother-and-stepmother. Its flowers with stalks are finely chopped and poured with ammonia. We insist a month in the dark, filter, and then only slightly lubricate the sore spot, without rubbing it. The pain will recede.
someone from the crowd
and in any way, the consequences of an incorrect lifestyle
Warm and melt the minasin.
doing gymnastics for neck