It does not allow a person to swallow normally, as a result of which the patient's appetite decreases. Then the body temperature rises significantly, weakness and general intoxication of the body occur.
But in itself, angina is not so terrible if it is diagnosed in time and treated. Very serious can be the consequences of untreated tonsillitis. Especially dangerous complications after angina in children with weakened immunity. They can manifest themselves after a seemingly complete recovery.
Sometimes angina occurs in mild form and people, especially those working, tend not to break the habitual way of life and move it "on their feet".Probably, no one would do this if he knew what complications after angina might occur!
This is a lesion of nearby organs, kidneys and liver, chronic tonsillitis, rheumatism, heart diseases, etc. Therefore, with angina it is so important to comply with bed rest and follow the recommendations of your doctor.
At the initial stage, rinses, inhalations and other folk remedies can be used to relieve pain in the throat, inflammation and swelling, but they are not 100% effective. It is possible to completely destroy the causative agent of the disease only with the help of antibiotics.
Complications of the heart after a sore throat
Quite often after a sore throat, there are such serious diseases as rheumatism and heart disease. In the fight against bacterial infection and in the process of recovery, antibodies are released, which sometimes begin to "work" against their own organism, suppressing the proteins that form the connective tissue.
Rheumatism of the heart is just characterized by disorganization of connective tissue in this area and the formation of rheumatic nodules, which subsequently become scarred. As a result, there is a disruption of the heart valves and as a result - a heart disease.
In addition to rheumatism, there may be a complication of the heart after a sore throat, like myocarditis. It is an inflammatory process leading to damage to the heart muscle. This disease manifests a rapid heart rate, arrhythmia, pain in the heart, swelling of the cervical veins, edema of the legs, dyspnea and cyanosis.
These complications can occur 2-3 weeks after the symptoms of the sore throat have disappeared, therefore it must be stressed once again that competent cure and strict adherence to bed rest is the key to a quick recovery and reduce the risk of serious illness after a sore throat.
Harmfulness of joint sore
Rheumatism is a disease of connective tissue. It consists of both heart valves and joints, so complications after angina to the joints and heart are of the same nature.
Doctors on this score, there is a saying: "rheumatism licks joints and bites the heart."With untreated angina, beta-hemolytic streptococci enter the bloodstream and then into various body systems, provoking the onset of rheumatism.
Rheumatism of the heart was discussed above. As for the joints, their disease is characterized by acute wandering pain, swelling, swelling and redness, especially in the large joints of the legs and hands, fever and fever. Doctors know the undulatory damage of joints, in which some joints become inflamed, then the symptoms go away, and then inflammation of other joints starts. Such diseases are treated with medications in combination with physiotherapy.
Consequences of foot disease
When talking about complications on legs after sore throat, refer to the same inflammation of the joints, or rheumatism. Streptococcal infection is an insidious enemy of the human body. Often it is very difficult to connect the sore throat with pain and swelling at the feet.
However, this disease can give and such complications, and this should be borne in mind when referring to a doctor for pain in the knees, ankles, and ulnar or other joints.
The harmful effect of angina on the kidneys
Other dangerous complications that may occur after the transited sore throat include pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis.
Pyelonephritis is an inflammatory kidney disease that can go to the chronic stage. The kidney under purulent-destructive pyelonephritis undergoes purulent fusion and is an organ consisting of cavities filled with urine, pus and tissue decay products.
This complication of kidneys after angina, like glomerulonephritis, is a dangerous bilateral lesion of the kidneys, to be more exact - the glomerulus of the kidneys.
Chronic glomerulonephritis leads to kidney failure. As a result, the patient may need hemodialysis and kidney transplantation. Both of the above diseases are manifested by fever, severe fever and chills, pain in the lumbar region.
Complication after sore throat and other nearby organs
Infection that caused sore throat can penetrate into the maxillary sinuses and cause sinusitis or sinusitis. Sometimes there are complications after angina on the ears, which are expressed in the accumulation of pus in the middle ear. This disease is called otitis. In addition, the inner ear is inflamed. This disease is called a labyrinthitis.
Laryngeal edema may also occur. Inflamed may be cervical and submandibular lymph nodes, thyroid gland, as well as meninges, and then there is a dangerous disease - meningitis.
Literally 2-3 days after the stopping of antibiotics due to the withdrawal of symptoms of angina, there may be a disease called paratonzillitis, or phlegmonous angina. At the same time, the body temperature rises again, sometimes it reaches 40 ° C.The throat hurts again, but now constantly, and not just when swallowing.
Inflammation and strongly hurt lymph nodes, there is abundant salivation, speech becomes fuzzy and indistinct. In the throat, an abscess forms, so when you try to turn your neck, there is a lot of pain.
As a result of strong intoxication, weakening of the body occurs, a person can not normally eat and fall asleep. This condition can lead to loss of consciousness. This complication is treated with exceptionally potent antibiotics.
What are the consequences of the disease in children?
In young children, after a sore throat, a dangerous retropharyngeal abscess may manifest, characterized by the development of an abscess in the region of the spine and the posterior part of the pharynx. In this area, children have lymph nodes.
The body is arranged in such a way that by the age of 5-6 these lymph nodes disappear, so there is no similar complication plan after sore throats in adults. And for children, this disease is dangerous as a violation of the function of breathing, which as a result can lead to suffocation.
To prevent such an outcome resort to surgery - a purulent abscess in the larynx is opened during surgery.
How to avoid complications after illness?
Any complications after angina may appear 2-3 weeks after, it would seem, full recovery, and sometimes even earlier. What should be done to avoid these complications or reduce the risk of their occurrence to a minimum?
- First, do not stop rinsing your throat after reducing painful sensations. Infection should be washed out from the affected tonsils, so that it could not spread through the blood to other organs.
- Secondly, it is necessary to take a very serious approach to the treatment process: to comply with bed rest and all the doctor's recommendations, to take antibiotics and other drugs prescribed by a specialist on time. It is very important to drink the pills the required number of days, since antibiotics are usually prescribed by the course.
- Third, after recovery, try not to catch a cold and catch the infection again: do not walk in damp weather, do not drink cold water and do not eat ice cream in large portions.
Treat your health with due attention, and in a difficult moment it will not let you down!
Heart under threat
Complications of the heart after angina more often make themselves felt 2-3 weeks after visible cure. During illness the organism starts to develop antibodies, capable to neutralize the pathogen. Sometimes they can target the cells of their own organism, beginning to destroy the proteins of connective tissue. This autoimmune process is called rheumatism. The disease usually accompanies patients with chronic tonsillitis, but at 10% rheumatism appears after a single case of the disease. Rheumatic complication of the heart after angina may result in acquired heart valve defects, which develop within 3 months - 1 year.
Appears after tonsillitis, pain in the heart, arrhythmia, cyanosis and puffiness of the extremities, shortness of breath serve as signs of myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle. The severe form of myocarditis is characterized by an increase in temperature, noises in the heart, arrhythmia. Against this background, thromboembolism may develop.
SOS: after the sore throat joints
Rheumatism does not stop at damage to the connective tissue of the heart. The second, no less important sign of rheumatic complication after angina in adults and children is joint damage.
- swelling, redness, wandering joint pain;
- wave large symmetrical joints( knee, elbow, etc.) wavyly;
Septic arthritis An extremely rare complication, characterized by the identification of bacteria in the damaged joint. It occurs only when the patient refuses to have tonsillitis from antibiotics.
Is it terrible to have a kidney sore throat?
Kidneys are the second organ after the heart, which is most susceptible to effects after sore throats in adults. After 1-2 weeks after the tonsillitis the pyelonephritis( inflammation of the kidney tissue) or glomerulonephritis( inflammation of the glomeruli of the kidneys) can begin. Glomerulonephritis after this disease is extremely rare. High fever, not responding to conventional antipyretic agents, back pain, severe intoxication may indicate the onset of inflammation in the kidneys. The most dangerous is the transition of the disease to the purulent stage and the development of renal failure.
Meningitis after sore throat: seldom but aptly
Very rarely in children and persons with weakened immunity, local complications such as paratonsillar abscess can lead to the spread of infection by blood to the brain. Meningitis, characterized by inflammation of the meninges, is clinically manifested by severe weakness, pallor and swelling of the skin, shortness of breath, severe headaches, high fever. A distinctive feature of meningitis is the cyanotic border around the lips. Suspicion of meningitis is a serious reason to call a doctor.
Perhaps the most life-threatening consequence after a sore throat. Acute sepsis awaits the patient from the first day of the disease with tonsillitis, this complication is possible even with the catarrhal form of the disease. When the infection with the blood stream spreads throughout the body, the patient's condition worsens dramatically, and the tonsils are almost completely soaked with pus.
Specificity of complications of the disease in children
The child organism reacts in its own way to various diseases, so the complications after angina in children can drastically differ from the clinical picture in adults, not only by gravity, but also by specific manifestations. Otitis and retropharyngeal abscess, described above, are not the only possible effects of angina for a small organism.
The course of streptococcal tonsillitis may be complicated by scarlet fever. Since most adults, even in childhood, suffered this infection, this complication occurs more often in 4-8 years. This is due to the fact that children have not yet appeared antibodies to hemolytic streptococcus, which causes scarlet fever.
Bleeding of tonsils
Weakness of vascular walls in a child in combination with inflammation of the tonsils can cause bleeding of varying intensity. The intensified cough only exacerbates the picture, therefore, if a bleeding is detected, an urgent call for a doctor is necessary. Bleeding, as a complication of angina in adults, is extremely rare, either in the elderly, when the vessel walls are too fragile, or in weakened patients.
Rheumatic complication of the heart after angina in children is often endocarditis, while affecting the inner layers of the heart. Gradually, the baby develops swelling, thicken the phalanges of the fingers, the temperature rises to high values.
Attention: With endocarditis in the child all signs of heart failure, bleeding is possible. However, pain in the heart can appear much later than other symptoms.
Than tonsillitis to a pregnant woman?
Every future mother wonders if angina is dangerous during pregnancy, can the consequences of the disease affect the future child? A woman who has fallen ill with an ailment may not yet know what she is carrying. The risk of complications of tonsillitis in the first 4 weeks of pregnancy does not exceed the usual level of risk. Since the female body has not had time to restructure, antibiotics will cope with the disease without causing harm to the fetus.
Angina in later terms is fraught with serious consequences for both the woman and her future baby:
- increased toxicosis;
- increased risk of myocarditis, glomerulonephritis;
- the possibility of infection in the fetus through the placental barrier;
- because of high temperature placental abruption and the threat of miscarriage;
- delayed fetal development, formation of malformations of organs;
- weakness of labor in childbirth.
Important: The effects of angina in pregnancy, the possibility of their occurrence and severity directly depend on the correct treatment. A woman's weakened pregnancy can react to tonsillitis in the most serious way: cardiac or renal insufficiency. There is also a risk of developing fetal malformations.
How to avoid complications of ailment?
The list of serious complications of angina is impressive and can cause panic. However, all these terrible consequences are easily avoided, following a few simple rules:
- Do not rely on your robust organism and carry the sore throat. Bed rest will significantly reduce the risk of complications and allow you to quickly recover.
- Antibiotics for angina are mandatory! The course should not be discontinued before the doctor's appointed time. Treatment with rinses and folk methods alone may not be sufficient. These methods, although effective, play the role of symptomatic treatment, rather than struggling with the causative agent of the disease.
Abundant drink reduces symptoms of general intoxication and reduces harmful effects on the body.
- Strengthening the body by hardening, vitamin courses and physical exercises makes it easier to transfer the disease and avoid consequences after tonsillitis.
- Special attention to the signals of your body not only during throat diseases, but also during the recovery period gives you a chance to respond quickly to any changes.
- To protect yourself equally equally with acute tonsillitis and after it. Repeated colds can be characterized by severe course and imminent complications.
With angina, do not rely on your competence and try to get rid of the disease without taking antibiotics. Only correctly and, most importantly, a timely prescribed antibacterial course in conjunction with other methods will not leave a chance for any complication after angina.
Angina is a popular name for acute tonsillitis. This disease itself has a negative effect on the work of the whole organism, however, when it starts, severe complications can arise, from which the heart, joints and kidneys suffer most. In order to avoid serious complications, it is necessary to take up seriously the treatment from the first symptoms and try to maintain the remnants of immunity by any means.
To avoid starting the disease, it is recommended immediately after the diagnosis of the disease to begin to comply with bed rest, to take more warm( not hot!) Liquids - broths, teas with honey, etc., gargling. It is necessary to consult a doctor for an appointment for certain antibiotics, without them it is almost impossible to completely cure the sore throat.
In general, infection with quinsy occurs when communicating with the carrier or patient who transmits streptococci by airborne( these bacteria cause angina in 90% of cases of the disease).Also, the reason may be the use of a dish or just being near a patient. Symptoms of sore throat:
- the main sign is a strong and sharp pain when swallowing;The throat seemed swollen and became supersensitive - not only the ingestion of food or liquid is an unbearably painful test, but simply swallowing causes terrible pain;
- a sharp rise in temperature, which at the beginning of the disease is kept within 38-40 degrees;
- strongly increase lymph nodes - they are probed under the jaw and become very sensitive;
- appear common symptoms of a viral disease - weakness and aches in the body, constant fatigue;
- in children may have excessive salivation and refusal to eat, sometimes pain in the ears;
- with "purulent" angina( lacunar or follicular) the tonsils are covered either with a cloudy white coating, or with small turbid blisters.
If the disease has entered a severe phase, the complications after the sore throat will not necessarily be just one organ. Let's consider each complication separately:
- Heart. The most common complications after a sore throat lie on the heart. In the fight against the disease, the body secretes antibodies and often their overabundance begins to work against its host. They suppress the tissue-creating proteins, which causes rheumatism of the heart-the scarring connective tissue blocks its functioning. The first symptoms of worsening of the heart( arrhythmia, heart palpitations, pain in the heart, etc.) appear two weeks after the transference of the sore throat, mainly if the disease was "on its feet".
- Joints. Disturbance of the connection of tissues also affects the joints of the hands and feet, they are second in the queue of affection with angina. The main symptom is acute joint pain, which is accompanied by swelling and redness - all this can not be avoided by ignoring the sore throat.
- Kidney. Complications of the kidneys after the angio are less common, however, are just as dangerous. Basically there are pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis, when the first is inflammation of the kidneys( in most cases, turning into a chronic form), and the second( in the chronic stage) - acute renal failure. Both complicate life greatly, because with poor kidney function, no other organ can work in normal mode. Renal failure may lead to the need for a new kidney transplant. Usually, both diseases are accompanied by severe fever, chills and low back pain.
- Ear-throat-nose .Angina can lead to other diseases of the mouth and ears. Often, angina is accompanied by otitis, but it rarely gives complications and goes into a chronic form( only if it is started).A more dangerous threat is meningitis - in rare cases, it can lead to death.
Effects of sore throat for children
Often, children can not, in view of their young age, accurately explain what and how they are hurting, so angina can greatly affect their health. Complications after angina in children are most dangerous for life, because they have lymph nodes in the back of the pharynx and in the region of the spine - that's where the abscesses appear. To get rid of them with the help of gargling or taking pills is impossible, so almost always a surgical procedure is necessary - the abscesses are removed right during the operation. If you do not do it at the time, the abscesses increase and can lead to suffocation.
How to avoid complications after a sore throat
To maximally protect yourself from the negative effects of sore throat, you need:
- to gargle more often and lubricate with the help of an ear lobule of lumbago( with purulent sore throat) - so the infection will wash out faster and there will be more chances not to start the disease;
- need to take seriously the prescription of the doctor, follow all his orders and observe the bed rest regime
- after recovery do not get sick again, because catching a new infection only after having had a sore throat is very dangerous, this will lead to the fact that almost disappearing sore throat with new strength and complicate the coursenew disease.
Complications on the knees after sore throat
Fizioterapiya i kurortnoe le4enie, udalite glandi.
Start with the therapist. She will send you to the picture. And then it will be determined with the specialist and with the treatment. My feet ached, so it was impossible to walk. It turned out - the deposition of salts. Do not be lazy, go to the hospital.
^ My name on Your lips ^
The most common complications after angina are complications in the heart and joints. It is necessary first of all to address to the rheumatologist and to make an electrocardiogram. When inflammation of the joints is usually prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( voltaren, indomethacin, etc.), As a topical analgesic and anti-inflammatory lotions helped me out of the tincture of calendula, frankly treated for three months.
One of the frequent and serious complications after untreated influenza and sore throat is rheumatism. How not to miss the first signals of this insidious disease, we will discuss together with specialists.
The main cause is angina?
Rheumatism attacks first of all joints, heart and nervous system. And in most cases, the main culprit of such disorder in the body is "banal" untreated tonsillitis( it is caused by bacteria - beta-hemolytic streptococci).They get into the bloodstream and, if they do not immediately get a powerful rebuff, penetrate into different systems of the body. So there is rheumatism.
Why do some people have tonsillitis and flu pass unnoticed, while others develop such complications? Scientists suggest that the cause of the immune disorders and genetic predisposition: rheumatism often sick whole families.
In rheumatism it is undesirable to lean on:
red meat( beef);
refined sugar, baking and other fast carbohydrates;
products with a high content of starch( potatoes, bananas);
coffee( if you can not without it - learn to keep a cup a day);
fatty cheeses and milk;
salt and all salinity.
It is clear that it is difficult to completely abandon these products, but do not make them the basis of your diet.
A are useful for rheumatism:
fish( in any form, except smoked);
vegetable oils( not only the usual sunflower and olive, but also sesame, linen);
vegetables and fruits in different forms. It would be great to include in the menu celery, avocado, green salads( iceberg, arugula, Peking cabbage).
Rheumatism needs professional medical treatment and control. Only by herbs this disease, of course, you will not drive. But as aids in good condition are:
burdock root broth( 15 g of root in 200 ml of boiling water) to drink 1 tablespoon 4 times a day before meals 2 - 3 weeks;
decoction of nettle and birch buds;
to eat a day for grapefruit - it contains a lot of bioactive substances, tonic joints. And in China and the countries of Central Asia rheumatism is treated with fruits and decoction of cornel root: 1 teaspoon of roots pour 1 glass of water, boil for 15 minutes. Take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day for 2 - 3 weeks;
is useful daily in the morning to drink juice from one or half lemon on a glass of warm water
Rheumatoid factor, C-reactive protein donate, and anti-streptococcal antibodies.
Still smear on a gonorrhea and PTSR on a chlamydia.
There it will be visible that with joints.
it looks like it's rheumatism
it is necessary to go to teraytu-and he will send to the cardiorevmatologist-and to solve all the questions with a specialist it is necessary