Treatment of deforming coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Coxarthrosis is a disease that is also called arthrosis of the hip joint. Symptoms with coxarthrosis of the hip joint are slow for a few years, from time to time only intensifying. Only with continuous severe pain a person usually consults a doctor for help. Most often by this time the disease is already developing so that it begins to leak with complications. In this regard, the treatment of this diagnosis is already complicated. That is why deforming coxarthrosis of joints is such a dangerous disease - it develops slowly, sometimes imperceptibly for a person, thereby causing complications.
Deforming coxarthrosis is one of the most common diseases among other types of osteoarthritis. With age, the risk of the appearance of this pathology in certain people only increases. In general, this disease occurs in the elderly, but this disease affects people who are overweight, and those who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Strange as it might seem, this symptom may also appear in professional athletes when getting injuries of a certain kind. This is directly related to the fact that the hip joint is most often subjected to special stresses.
There are 2 types of coxarthrosis of the hip joint: one-sided and two-sided. Bilateral deforming coxarthrosis affects both joints at once, but this is extremely rare. As mentioned earlier, the disease occurs very often due to the fact that the hip joint is the biggest load. It is as a result of this that measures of prevention of this kind of osteoarthritis should be observed, namely, to lead a mobile lifestyle and to exercise less weight on the joint, that is, to sit less.
What are the causes of the disease?
Causes of coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be completely different. Basically, the main reason is that the patient leads a sedentary, activity-deprived lifestyle. In this case, in order to exclude the further development of the disease, it is necessary to change the way of life cardinally. In addition, the constant load on the joint can be a possible cause of the ailment. Very often, the disease can begin to develop in professional athletes, since their hard training can be the root cause. In rare cases, the disease can be transmitted hereditary, but this fact has not been fully understood. So, for example, a person may suddenly have a knee coksoarthrosis or dysplasia of the hip joint. In addition, there are a number of other, less common causes of the disease:
- Perthes disease.
- Inflammation in the joint.
- Congenital dislocation of the hip.
- Hip dysplasia( sometimes congenital).
- Aseptic necrosis of the head of the femur.
- Getting joint injuries.
- Post-infectious or post-traumatic syndrome.
- Idiopathic development of the disease - the disease for a long time could not be detected.
- Flat feet - in this case there is an additional load on the joint.
- Biochemical changes that begin to occur in cartilage - can cause disturbed metabolism.
- Scoliosis, kyphosis and other diseases of the spine.
All of the above causes can contribute to the onset of the disease. Thus, everyone will be able to analyze the occurrence of coxarthrosis.
Symptoms of the disease
Deforming coxarthrosis can manifest itself in various forms. All the symptoms are very pronounced, so it is not difficult to determine the disease in yourself. The whole problem is that in the early stages of pain can be periodic and not strong. Usually in these cases a person does not pay attention to changes occurring in the body. Returning to the symptoms of the disease, the most pronounced ones stand out:
- Pain sensations that appear in the femoral joint and manifest constantly. At later stages, the pain syndrome does not release even during complete rest.
- Muscular atrophy - all movements near the muscle tissues are extremely complicated.
- The movements become constrained.
- At the advanced stages, the aching leg becomes shorter.
- During walking, characteristic creaks in the joints may appear.
- There are pain in the groin, continuous pain in the knees, the joint and thigh. Pain usually does not stop for a minute. If you take pain medications, then it's possible to stop pain for a while.
In a word, the first symptom for suspicion of the disease is aching joint pain, which practically does not stop. All the problems are that many people simply ignore the fact of permanent pain in the hip and do not seek help from an experienced doctor. In addition, many people start self-medication with the help of folk methods, which is extremely risky with this disease. That is why if you find the symptoms described above, you should immediately contact an experienced doctor.
Degrees of development of the disease
In total, there are 3 stages in the development of the disease in medicine:
- . At this stage the pains are uncharacteristic and occur periodically. In general, the pain is concentrated only in the hip part. It should be noted that if the pain in the femoral part occurs after long training. Usually, at this stage, when the rest is at rest, the pain goes away. This is the first diagnosis of coxarthrosis. In addition, if the diagnosis is performed on an X-ray machine, then the picture should clearly show how the first changes that occur in the pelvic part begin. The joint gap begins to narrow rapidly, and the first growths on the bones and cartilages begin to form. However, the neck of the hip is still unchanged.
- Pain is becoming more distinct and intense. Now their localization already extends to the inguinal part and thigh. The pain does not stop even during a state of complete rest. Deformation of the head of the femoral neck begins. It can begin to increase in volume or shift. Diagnosis of coxarthrosis on the X-ray machine can show the formation of cysts. The neck of the hip begins to thicken.
- The third stage is continuous severe pain that does not allow to sleep. Appears lameness, and in order to move, it requires a constant support. Begin to atrophy gluteal muscles, hips, knees, and movements in the joint become complicated. This stage is dangerous because the pelvis begins to move in one direction, resulting in shortening of one leg. On the X-ray, bone growths can be clearly observed. At the same time, the joint gap completely disappears. At this stage, even the strongest drugs do not help as effectively as their application at earlier stages could help.
Coxarthrosis: existing treatments for
There are several different types of treatment for this disease:
- Non-pharmaceutical. This method is rather a preventive measure, since it presupposes the maintenance of a more mobile way of life, the complete removal of loads on the pelvic part. In the event that you plan a long trip or a walk, do not be lazy or feel embarrassed to take a cane with you in order to remove as much as possible all the load from the hip joint. In addition, it is possible to use various preparations of a wide spectrum, they will allow to remove painful sensations. For more effective treatment you can buy vibrophones. Most often these are special vibrating mattresses that allow the development of cartilage and joints. You can put them directly on top of the main mattress on the bed or sofa. The Vitafon can also help here. However, it should be remembered that depriving any loads on the pelvic part will not bring anything useful, so you need to look for the so-called "golden mean".
- Medicinal methods. To date, there are various methods that can cure the disease at stages 1 and 2: Alflutop, Vitafon apparatus. Alflutop consists of marine microorganisms, the combination of which stimulates the restoration of cartilaginous tissue. However, Alflutop is contraindicated in pregnant, nursing, children and adolescents with an unformed organism. The vitafon is an apparatus that, due to its action, compensates for the lack of microvibration in the tissues of the body.
- It does not hurt to do special therapeutic exercise, which is very effective in its stable implementation. For example, the exercises that Dr. Bubnovsky developed. According to reviews Bubnovsky coxarthrosis treats quite effectively. The medical center of the doctor is in Mytishchi.
Alflutop and Vitafon help to stop the development of the disease and stop the formation of growths. However, it should not be forgotten that these drugs are effective only at the initial stages of the disease.
In addition, there are various types of drugs that can help in the fight against coxarthrosis:
- Muscle relaxants are drugs that help relax the muscles of the knees and thighs. In addition, improve blood circulation in the joint, thereby reducing pain syndrome.
- Vasodilators - these include drugs such as cinnarizine and trental. They improve blood circulation and increase the regenerative function of cartilage.
- Chondroprotectors - these drugs help restore the regenerative function of the joints and thereby stop the development of the disease. These include Alflutop. Also a similar action is provided by the Vitafon device. It should be noted that the Vitafon is recommended in most countries of the former post-Soviet space. It is impossible not to mention that the drug Alflutop continues its regenerative functions even after its cancellation by a doctor. This fact must be taken into account.
- Local therapy - therapeutic ointments, whose use is actual during severe pain or massage procedures.
- Painkillers: paracetamol, indomethacin and diclofenac. They will reduce joint pain and ease sleep.
Thus, from all of the above, it can be concluded that coxarthrosis is a very serious disease, the treatment of which must be treated with an extreme degree of responsibility.
Coxarthrosis of 3rd degree and establishment of disability group
Coxarthrosis is one of the stages of osteoarthritis, which is the most common joint disease in modern life. One of the most important factors affecting the development of the disease is a sedentary lifestyle that acts negatively especially on people who have genetic predispositions or injuries. Quite often, people lightly take light pains in the joints, which are just the first signs of the disease. And having been diagnosed with "coxarthrosis of the third degree", they are perplexed about the inconspicuous appearance and development of the disease. In fact, the disease does not appear anywhere. Just in the modern rhythm of life, it is not customary to pay much attention to ailments, and so many people delay the visit to the doctor until the last moment. And having addressed in hospital in some years after occurrence of the first signs of disease, are surprised: whence this or that illness so quickly undertook.
Stages of the disease
- degree of coxarthrosis is manifested by pain in the affected joint, pain can spread from the leg to the inguinal region. In general, the motor functions of the joint are not violated, normal mobility persists, X-ray images do not show deformation of the bone. It is because of mild symptoms and minor pain that coxarthrosis of the first degree is often left without attention and passes into the next stage.
- degree is manifested more pronounced signs: there is pain in physical activity, and sometimes in a state of rest. Painful sensations cover the thigh and knee. The function of the joint is broken, a patient with coxarthrosis of the 2nd degree becomes difficult to lift his leg and make movements. Of course, it is necessary to start treatment as early as possible, but as practice shows, most patients turn to the doctor for the first time with the second degree of coxarthrosis.
- degree of coxarthrosis is a rather dangerous stage of the development of the disease. It precedes necrosis of the joint. In this period, all composite joint structures are affected. With coxarthrosis of the third degree, surgical intervention is necessary. But sometimes the patient is initially prescribed treatment with the traditional therapy methods, and then, in the case of progression of the disease, switch to an operative intervention.
- So, when tightened with a referral to the doctor, coxarthrosis of 3rd degree develops into osteoporosis 4 degrees - necrosis of the hip joint. Sometimes necrosis is referred to the 4th degree of osteoarthritis, in which classical therapy no longer makes sense, since bone tissue dies, and the joint can be saved only by surgical intervention. Necrosis - a severe defeat of the joints, causes severe pain, leads to limp and muscle atrophy.
Symptoms in coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree
Persistent strong and moderate pain in the groin, and they can appear even during sleep. The mobility of the joint is significantly reduced. The patient feels discomfort at the slightest movement of the limb, which swells and hurts even during rest. It is difficult to lift a leg or make several movements "on weight".At the beginning of the treatment with coke antitussy, as a rule, preparations are prescribed, leading to a decrease in edema and increased blood circulation. The doctor is trying to develop the joint with the methods of classical therapy. And only then surgical intervention is prescribed.
In the last, third stage of coxarthrosis, there is almost no synovial fluid left in the affected joints, which performs the function of intraarticular lubrication, preventing friction of the joint surfaces and their wear and tear, and also contributing to the maintenance of normal mobility, provides articular cartilage and serves as an additional shock absorber. Due to cartilage damage, the bones rub against each other, and all this leads to inflammation and pain. Unilateral coxarthrosis of the third degree is characterized by the lesion of one hip joint, bilateral, respectively, by the defeat of both. And with one-sided and two-sided coxarthrosis, the pain intensifies, and if at first it happens only during periods of stress on the joint( walking, running, exercise), then in time the pain appears during periods of rest and becomes chronic. At this stage, many patients feel severe pain even at night, resulting in sleep disorders, which in turn lead to depression, irritability and chronic body fatigue.
Severe forms of coxarthrosis often negatively affect not only the physical, but also the general psychological state of a person. Chronic pain, inability to exercise, to move normally, or to perform normal work significantly affect the overall condition of the patient.
Treatment methods for coxarthrosis of the third degree
Therapeutic treatments for
Traditional therapy of coxarthrosis involves a set of measures and procedures performed to reduce inflammation and to restore the affected cartilage of the joint. At this stage, anti-inflammatory drugs are given in the form of tablets or injections. Usually it is ibuprofen, voltaren, nimesulide, etc. However, in cases of severe inflammation, when the affected joints are involved, intraarticular injections of corticosteroids are prescribed. After it was possible to reduce the severity of inflammation, prescribe strengthening therapy. In this period of treatment, prescribe drugs such as trental or pentoxifylline, which enhance blood microcirculation and restore metabolic processes in the joint.
Recently, preparations of a group of chondroprotectors have been increasingly used. If the patient starts taking chondroprotectors in time, the disease can be stopped. In particular, restoration of cartilage is possible. It should be borne in mind that with coxarthrosis of the third degree, due to the limitation of the range of motion of the limb, the muscles of the thigh atrophy. In this connection, it is necessary to remember the importance of special physical exercises aimed at maintaining the muscles of the affected limb. These simple exercises are performed usually lying down or standing on a healthy leg and absolutely painless.
Operations at grade 3 coxarthrosis are divided into two main types: without prosthetics and with replacement of the affected joint with a prosthesis. Sometimes it is possible to solve the problem surgically and return mobility to the affected joint without the use of prostheses. But more often replacement of a joint or its part on a prosthesis is necessary.
Usually, operations with coxarthrosis of grade 3 give good results. Exceptions are most often associated with an additional problem, for example, with hip joint infection. After surgery, a special regime is needed for a while.
Treatment with stem cells
The method of treatment of coxarthrosis with the help of stem cells is becoming more popular. Stem cells are inserted into the damaged joint, which leads to an improvement in metabolic processes in the affected joint. New vessels, cartilaginous tissue are formed, the density of the joint tissues increases. As a consequence, the patient calms down, inflammation and swelling decrease, and the motor function of the joint is restored.
Disability in coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree
Coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree often leads to the inability to perform certain types of work. Sometimes patients have to give up the usual rhythm of life and work. This is especially true for work related to physical activity. Sometimes, in particularly severe cases of the disease, even sedentary work causes discomfort. At least before the operation. Determine which group of disability is acceptable in this or that case with coxarthrosis is rather difficult, and in each specific case the decision is made by specialists individually. The most common for patients with coxarthrosis is the disability of 2 groups. Persons with disabilities of the second group are those who can service themselves with the help of special devices and move independently with the help of special means( usually crutches or wand).Such patients can perform simple jobs, but they need some kinds of special adaptations at their workplace.
Patients diagnosed with grade 3 coxarthrosis should discuss their disability with their physician. It is worth to find out where and how to get medical and social expertise, which examines all citizens' appeals and makes a decision to establish a disability group according to the testimony. In coxarthrosis, this may be the second or third group of disability, which, according to the legislation of the Russian Federation, requires annual confirmation, and every disabled person will have to undergo an annual medical examination.
WHAT IS BILATERAL COCARTRASIS
Coxarthrosis or deforming osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease of the hip joint. With the course of the disease, deformation of bones occurs, the formation of growths on them and complete destruction of the joint. The danger of the disease is that it may not appear for a long time at all. The first symptoms( slight discomfort, stiffness) often go unheeded. At this time, the destructive process reaches an irreversible stage. And after the first joint, arthrosis affects the second joint.
With bilateral coxarthrosis, disability and crutches can not be avoided. Even operation with bilateral coxarthrosis will not give a guarantee for recovery. Therefore it is important not to allow the onset of 2 or 3 degrees of coxarthrosis. It is necessary to listen to the signals of the body and with the slightest indisposition to go to the doctor.
Two-sided coxarthrosis, like one-sided, more often develops in women after 50 years. It also occurs in young people. In this case, the common cause of bilateral coxarthrosis is a serious trauma to the hip joint. The causes of bilateral coxarthrosis are very different. We consider, among other things, the hereditary factor. Scientists have not found a direct link, but it is known that metabolic disorders that cause coxarthrosis are of a genetic nature.
Other causes of bilateral coxarthrosis include:
articular pathologies( dysplasia in early childhood, congenital dislocation of the hip, necrosis of the femoral head, etc.)
infectious and inflammatory diseases( eg arthritis of the hip joint)
metabolic disorders, circulatory system
Excessive strain on the joint( usually in people with high weight and athletes)
SYMPTOMS AND DEGREES OF BILATERAL COCSTHROSIS
DysplasticNij coxarthrosis readily amenable to diagnosis. The disease can be detected even without a hardware examination. The main thing for the patient is to turn to the doctor in time.
The starting symptom is pain in the pelvis, groin, extending to the entire thigh to the knee. Over time, it becomes painful to even lean on legs, there is limited movement( it is impossible to bend the leg in the hip, spread legs widely).At the initial stage of the disease, discomfort, as a rule, appears after a serious load on the joint: a long walk or a long standing on the legs.
In 1 degree of bilateral coxarthrosis, the predictions for cure are the most favorable.
2 degrees of coxarthrosis is characterized by pronounced pain syndrome, which does not pass even during rest. Gradually, the muscles of the thigh atrophy, the joint is poorly obeyed. With the onset of 2 degrees of coxarthrosis, due to poor mobility of the joint and acute pain, severe lameness may develop.2 degree of coxarthrosis is very difficult to treat, because the joint has already undergone deformation.
With grade 3 coxarthrosis, disability occurs in 100% of cases. A patient with a 3 degree of bilateral coxarthrosis is virtually impossible to move around. The person is accompanied by a constant sharp pain in both extremities, the muscles are completely atrophied, the thigh does not move. At 3 degrees of coxarthrosis bilateral patient becomes bedridden patient.
The only method of treatment is the replacement of a completely destroyed joint with a prosthesis. But in most cases, surgery with bilateral coxarthrosis of the third degree does not help to change the situation, since surgical intervention does not eliminate the cause of the disease development in any way.
TREATMENT OF BILATERAL COXARTRASES IN MC OST Doctor in Yekaterinburg
Usually, when the bilateral coxarthrosis is started, predictions for a quality, full-fledged life are disappointing. You can not pull to the last and do not pay attention to the first symptoms. A missed moment can be expensive!
Drug therapy can only remove symptoms for a while. Although the treatment of the disease can not do without special medications that slow the regress of the joint tissues( hondoprotectors, hormonal drugs, etc.).
Modern hardware techniques help to deliver active substances deep to the focus of pathology, enhancing the conductivity of the natural barrier - the skin. Hardware techniques, moreover, operate aiming at the affected area, without exerting toxic effects on the output system.
MC Dr. Ost has modern hardware techniques that allow to literally return the function of the joint, including at 2 degrees of coxarthrosis bilateral and even at 3 degrees.
For the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, a unique robotic DRX spine traction system is used in our center. Intelligent American apparatus allows painlessly to return the displaced vertebrae and center of gravity to the place, restore balance, reduce the load on the joint. And treatment with a high-intensity laser HILT helps instantly relieve even an attack of acute pain, eliminate inflammation and stimulate joint cells to renew. Such a technique is absolutely safe, does not damage surrounding tissues and gives the patient the opportunity to return to a full-fledged lifestyle.
For the treatment of bilateral coxarthrosis in the MC, Dr. Ost can offer the following techniques:
Robot DRX for local extension of displaced vertebrae. There is no analogue of the non-surgical method of treating the most complex pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, including hernias and protrusions of the spine. High-precision system individually determines the parameters of stretching the damaged segment of the spine, restoring the physiological volume of the intervertebral space and eliminating the infringement of the nerve, blood vessels, eliminating the cause of the formation of the hernia.
The "Doctor Ost" center was the first and only in Yekaterinburg and the Sverdlovsk region to work according to the methodology developed by NASA scientists.
CHENS - percutaneous electroneurostimulation for relief of pain syndrome of varying severity. Today TENS is the most powerful way to treat such complex joint diseases as spondyloarthrosis, coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, which allows to avoid prosthetics. Low-frequency current pulses are delivered directly to the focus of pathology, stimulating the affected tissues to self-repair: microcirculation improves, edema decreases, spasm of surrounding muscles is removed, trophic nutrition improves, innervation is restored. Chans does not drown out the pain, but heals the body.
HILT therapy - a high-intensity laser HILT has a colossal anti-inflammatory and biostimulating power and allows you to achieve an early cure without traumatizing tissues, no matter how deep the pathology was. HILT instantly removes even acute pain syndrome, stimulates the renewal of healthy cells and is able to replace the operation for prosthetics.
Coxarthrosis in various degrees - what is it and how does the disease threaten
- Coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree
The disease, which is based on the defeat of the cartilage tissue of the hip joint with subsequent deformation, is called coxarthrosis. During the development of the disease, there is a thinning of the cartilage and the growth of the bone along the edges of the joint surface. In the treatment of the disease, primary attention is paid to the removal of pain and inflammation, activation of blood circulation and improvement of cartilage nutrition.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors are dumbfounded! The pain in the joints is FOREVER!Just before bedtime. .. Read on - & gt;
The most common pathology of the hip joint affects a person older than 40 years. Also, the likelihood of developing coxarthrosis is high in people who are overweight, and those who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Professional sportsmen are also at a lower risk due to injuries. In children, coxarthrosis can develop due to various diseases of the hip bone and manifest itself at the age of 3-15 years.
Coxarthrosis is on the first place among other degenerative joint diseases. This is due to the fact that this disease affects the most powerful joint in the human body - the hip.
Mechanism of the development of the disease
During the appearance of coxarthrosis, the fluid properties in the joint change - it becomes viscous and dense. Deprived of the proper "lubrication" of cartilage begins to dry up, its surface layer becomes rough, covered with cracks.
Further the organ is thinned and deprived of the ability to withstand friction during movement. With time, the distance between the joints of the joint that is joined is reduced.
As the pressure exerted on the bone increases, they begin to deform. Along with this there is a violation of blood circulation, leading to a slowing of metabolism in the joint. Over time, the affected muscles atrophy. The chronic course of the disease is accompanied by periods of severe exacerbation of pain - a "reactive" inflammation of the joints. That's when the patients go to the doctor.
Causes of coxarthrosis
Despite the fact that permanent restriction of mobility is considered the main factor in the development of such a disease as coxarthrosis - the causes of the true occurrence of the disease are different. In fact, it is beyond the power of one factor to provoke the pathology of the hip joint. The disease develops usually due to prolonged exposure to a number of negative influences accompanying the person's way of life.
Causes of coxarthrosis:
- trauma - fractures and numerous injuries of the hip joint bones have an uncharacteristic effect on the cartilaginous surface;if this occurs continuously, then the atrophy of the cartilage develops and the deformation of the joint arises;
- excessive load - usually leads to coxarthrosis in professional athletes and people who walk a lot. Running or walking fast can increase the load on the joint several times;
- heredity - coxarthrosis as such is not inherited, but the risk of its occurrence persists due to the fact that from generation to generation the same structure of cartilage and bone tissue is transmitted;
- inflammatory diseases of the joint cavity or bones - a powerful factor in the development of coxarthrosis, as complications to the main process;
- diseases caused by metabolic disorders - are a solid basis for the formation of hip joint pathology. The main provocators are diabetes, osteoporosis, hormonal disorders.
Symptoms of the disease
Often deforming coxarthrosis starts slowly and unnoticed for the patient. Sometimes a person may experience discomfort or discomfort in the area of the joint, knee or inguinal area.
There is pain when walking and it subsides at rest . But such manifestations as intensity, form and localization are not particularly dependent on the stage of the disease. Pain is the first symptom of the pathology of the hip joints.
Common symptoms of coxarthrosis, the manifestation of which is associated with the stage of the disease, are as follows:
- joint pain, which with the development of the disease will be felt not only when walking, but also at moments of rest;
- stiffness of movements in the hip, stiffness, limping;
- decreased tone or atrophy of the thigh muscles;
- shortening of the sore leg.
With the progression of coxarthrosis, the soreness of the affected area becomes stronger - up to the point that discomfort will arise by themselves and even at night. Taking painkillers will help less and less. In the most neglected cases, coxarthrosis of the knee joint may develop and then the leg will completely stop working. The patient will need crutches.
Forms of coxarthrosis
In medicine, it is common to distinguish two forms of hip joint pathology: primary and secondary. About the primary course of the disease or as it is also called - idiopathic coxarthrosis, they say when the cause of the disease is not clear.
The doctor can diagnose the secondary form of pathology when he knows exactly the cause of the hip joint lesion. For example, congenital changes, trauma.
In the initial development of the disease, degenerative disorders may be one-sided, but most commonly bilateral bilateral coxarthrosis occurs. Usually, clinical signs appear after 40-50 years. The change and intensification of symptoms is slow: sometimes coxarthrosis develops over a period of 10-20 years. And the periods of remission of the disease will be replaced by exacerbations lasting several weeks.
Primary coxarthrosis is characterized by pain that occurs with biomechanical loads: walking, climbing stairs, etc. At rest, discomfort is reduced. Coxarthrosis is more easily tolerated by patients with developed and strong hip muscles. Primary one- or two-sided coxarthrosis with conservative treatment is treated fairly effectively, only in rare cases surgery may be required.
Most of the secondary form of coxarthrosis develops due to congenital anomalies of hip joint development. The first symptoms are observed at the age of up to 30 years. Progression of the disease occurs fairly quickly. To stop the development of ailments, doctors often recommend early surgical treatment. When the motor function is clearly impaired, joint prosthesis is performed.
Secondary form - dysplastic coxarthrosis is the result of other diseases:
Types of coxarthrosis of the hip - the concept of this disease
Types of coxarthrosis of the hip
Different types of coxarthrosis are determined by the causes that cause the disease. There are 7 types of the disease:
Involuntary coxarthrosis occurs as a result of age-related changes in cartilage and joint.
Coxarthrosis developing as a complication of Perthes disease. As a result, there is osteochondropathy( necrosis of spongy tissue) of the head of the femur.
Dysplastic coxarthrosis, that is, congenital malformation of the joint. It occurs in 75% of cases, and 6 times more often in women. In every tenth case, the blame for the disease is a congenital subluxation of the femoral head( dysplasia).
Post-infectious coxarthrosis occurs as a complication after arthritis. This changes the composition of the cartilaginous tissue and joint fluid, which leads to a decrease in the strength of the articular cartilage.
Posttraumatic coxarthrosis. Direct injuries are caused to him - fractures of the head and neck of the thigh and microtrauma, appearing with a constant incorrect load on the hip joint. Microtraumas are especially dangerous because, accumulating, they lead to destruction of articular cartilage and adjacent bone.
Dyshormonal coxarthrosis. The risk group includes people taking corticosteroids and antidepressants, as well as people with diabetes, osteoporosis and other hormonal disorders that lead to a decrease in the mechanical properties of the bone tissue of the joint.
Idiopathic coxarthrosis. The diagnosis is made if the cause of the disease is not known.
This classification gives us to understand that the main causes of the disease are excessive loads on the hip joint, especially for professional athletes, arthritis, various hormonal disorders. In addition, a certain role is played by the hereditary factor, since from parents we get features of the structure of bone and cartilaginous tissues, as well as metabolism, which under certain circumstances can serve as a catalyst for the development of the disease.
Another possible cause of coxarthrosis is chronic stress. The fact is that with constant nervous tension, the adrenal glands begin to release an excessive amount of corticosteroid hormones, which leads to a decrease in the production of hyaluronic acid, which is an important component of the joint lubricant. Due to lack of fluid in the joints, drying begins, excessive friction of the joints, which leads to various joint injuries. Moreover, "stress hormones" reduce the permeability of capillaries thereby worsening the blood supply of the joint.
Hip arthrosis is one-sided and two-sided. Two-sided coxarthrosis affects both hip joints immediately. Coxarthrosis is more common in medical practice than other types of arthrosis( knee joints, shoulder joints).Osteoarthritis of the hip joint is very common because the hip joint experiences increased loads, and as a result, is more often deformed.
The operation with coxarthrosis is shown, as a rule, at the last stages, when organic changes are pronounced and regeneration of tissues is practically impossible. With the help of endoprosthetics, osteotomy or arthroplasty, the joint maximally approaches the initial form, thereby restoring its mobility. The use of surgical methods can also be effective at earlier stages - if tissue changes are already pronounced and the prognosis is unfavorable.
Types of operations for the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint:
Arthroplasty - the essence of this operation is to model the destroyed surfaces, including cartilaginous tissue.
Endoprosthetics - complete joint replacement. Carried out with bilateral coxarthrosis.
Arthroplasty and endoprosthetics are able to give a full life to patients even with the most neglected forms of the disease. To date, these are the most technologically advanced treatments for coxarthrosis.
An arthrodesis - bones are fastened with screws and plates. The operation allows to restore the supporting function of the affected limb, but not its mobility. The arthrodesis is shown only in cases when other types of operations are impossible.
Osteotomy - bones are dissected in order to eliminate deformation, then fasten in the most favorable position. The operation is similar to anarthrodesis, but it allows to restore not only the supporting, but also the motor function of the joint. The operation is effective in the early stages of coxarthrosis.
The causes of arthrosis of the knee joint are detailed here.
All you need to know about coxarthrosis of the hip joint is described in the article under the link http: //sustavprof.ru/bolezni/kks/ koksartroz-tazobedrennogo-sustava.html.
Dysplastic coxarthrosis is one of the most serious diseases, which is based on congenital underdevelopment( dysplasia) of the hip joints, which can appear already in childhood. This is due to its early appearance and rapid progression, a high incidence of bilateral pathology, a decrease in the quality of life and disability up to disability.
Thus, patients who have a history of congenital hip dislocation or hip dysplasia are at risk for developing severe hip dysplastic coxarthrosis.
The disease is rapidly progressive. Clinically dysplastic coxarthrosis is manifested by "inconvenience", unpleasant sensations in the region of the hip or knee joint, restriction of movements in the hip joint.
The initial stages of the disease are confirmed radiologically.
The outcome of the disease is ankylosing of the joint( complete immobilization), with the formation of a vicious thigh setting.
In recent years, endoprosthetics of the hip joint have been widely used. But in a growing organism, the operation of endoprosthetics is unacceptable. The installation of an endoprosthesis in childhood causes controversy due to the insufficiently long service life of the endoprosthesis. This is due to the high motor activity of children and the rapid wear of the prosthesis.
Our specialists diagnose and orthopedic treatment of dysplastic coxarthrosis, which allows to slow the progression of the disease and delay arthroplasty of the joint. The choice of optimal treatment is considered in each case individually.
Dysplastic coxarthrosis develops against the background of hip dysplasia more often at the age of 25 to 55 years, against the background of hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy and in the postpartum period, as well as a decrease in motor activity and deterioration of the functional state of the hip joint muscles. Usually the onset of the disease is associated with the termination of sports, with a decline in active lifestyles, joint trauma or childbirth.
Two-sided dysplasia of the hip joint in M. patient, 35 years old with initial clinical signs of left-sided coxarthrosis. Subluxation of the femoral head to the left.
The onset of the disease is acute, the course is rapidly progressive. Clinically, dysplastic coxarthrosis is manifested by "inconvenience", unpleasant sensations in the region of the hip or knee joint, restriction of abduction and rotation of the thigh. Radiographically, edge incisions in the region of the upper and outer margin of the acetabulum are determined radiographically, and the osseous plate is compacted in the area of the acetabular roof. In the later stages, a cystic reshaping of the femoral head and acetabular region is determined, which must be distinguished from the adjustment zones for aseptic necrosis of the femoral head. The outcome of the disease is ankylosing of the joint, with the formation of a vicious thigh setting in the flexion, alignment and external rotation position. Unlike other forms of coxarthrosis( arthrosis after joint trauma and aseptic necrosis of the head of the femur), ankylosis of the joint is rare. Indication for surgical treatment( hip replacement) is pain syndrome and vicious thigh setting.
Thus, patients who have a history of inborn hip dislocation or hip dysplasia are at risk for developing severe hip dysplastic coxarthrosis.
Given the high prevalence of dysplastic variant of hip joint development, severity of the disease and unfavorable prognosis, one of the tasks of outpatient orthopedics is first of all an early detection and dispensary observation of patients with signs of hip dysplasia.
When detecting dysplasia, follow-up care is needed, which includes an annual examination of the orthopedist with a mandatory radiology examination. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the genetically determined need for the motor activity of this contingent. Prevention of dysplastic coxarthrosis consists in observing the orthopedic regimen( avoiding injuries and movements associated with inertial loads on the joint, such as running, jumping, lifting weights), as well as in active physical activity aimed at strengthening the muscles that stabilize the hip joint( groupgluteus muscles, 4 main muscles of the thigh, extensors of the back and abdominal muscles): swimming, skiing, etc. For women, properly organized exercises of exercise therapy and compliance with orthopedic regimens are importantin the pre- and postpartum period
Coxarthrosis is one of the most common degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the musculoskeletal system
coxarthrosis Coxarthrosis is a dystrophic process in which degenerative changes occur in the hyaline cartilage of the hip joint, as a resultwhich the cartilage is thinning, eventually disappearing, marginal osteophytes( bone growths) are formed, deformation and violation of the hip joint function occur. Hence another name for coxarthrosis - deforming arthrosis of the hip joint.
Coxarthrosis affects both men and women, but if it was previously thought that this disease is typical mainly of older people, recently there has been a tendency to reduce the age of patients with coxarthrosis to 30 years. At what degree of coxarthrosis of the hip joint is disability given?
The answers of the lawyers of the Medical Law Center:
Olesya, at stage 2 of both joints or 3 stages of one of them, at least can be considered as the first condition for determining disability.