Your knees are sore after training - what should I do?
People who practice fitness and bodybuilding often have different injuries. One of these problems is knee injury. True, why knees hurt after training and what to do in this case, not everyone knows.
Why do knee pains hurt after training?
This problem is faced both by beginners and experienced athletes. Pain in the knees after exercise appears when, during exercise, the load on them was too great. Often this happens when jogging is given a very long time. After all, running is the most harmful exercise for the knee joints, especially if there is excessive weight. Therefore, it is also worthwhile to include in your studies cycling, swimming, etc.
Among beginners in power sports, it is often possible to mistake - to include in training only isolated exercises that only work on certain muscles and joints. It is recommended to perform basic exercises, such as squats, deadlifts, lunges. But it is necessary to follow the technique of execution and not to take too much weight at once. It is important to remember that the greater the importance is not the number of repetitions, but the correctness of their implementation. Isolating exercises are recommended for experienced athletes to use specific muscles that need to be tightened.
What if my knees hurt after training?
In order for the joints to be healthy, you need to monitor your diet. It is required to exclude from the diet sharp, fried and smoked dishes, and also salinity should be at a minimum. It is necessary to stop drinking strong tea and coffee.
Dairy and seafood products are useful for joints. The daily menu should include fruits and vegetables. An irreplaceable benefit is given by olive and linseed oil.
When there is pain in the knees, you need to use special ointments that feed the joints. For example, Astro-Active, Honda, Fastum Gel, Diclofenac.
If the pain is too strong, you need to take pictures and consult with your doctor.
Why are knees ache?
Many millennia ago, a person in the process of evolution separated from all other living beings, rising from a four-toed two legs. On the one hand there was a huge plus, hands were freed, which can be put into any business. And on the other - appeared and accompanying the new condition sores. In particular, we pay for musculoskeletal disorders of the musculoskeletal system, osteochondrosis, scoliosis, radiculitis and arthritis. And most of all goes to our feet, for it is on them that the whole structure of our body is held. They are born and talked about today, namely about why and from what after long loads, trainings or after running pains the knees. With what it is connected and how to cope with this problem.
Why and why do the knees ache, clinic and psychosomatics
The reasons that lead to painful sensations in the knee joint are very, very many. These are arthritis - inflammation of articular surfaces, and arthrosis - trophic irreversible changes in cartilage and articular tissues, and bursitis - defeats surrounding knee protective membranes and ligaments. And bruises, sprains, dislocations and fractures, infectious lesions, the consequences of metabolic disorders and God knows what else. And how many such cases are associated with violation of safety rules in sports! In a word, the knees hurt many, if not to say, all. And in order to return to them a less normal state, one must know the true cause of the ailment. So let's examine it in detail.
Why do knees ache after running or training?
You are young, full of energy, love an active lifestyle and do some sports, jogging, for example. And all until recently it was good. But after the last three or four trainings, you began to notice that after the run, your knees are aching badly, what is the reason.
For a better understanding of the answer to this question, you must first understand the anatomy of the knee. The knee joint consists of two articular surfaces, formed by the upper part of the tibial and the lower head of the femur. At the front of their connection is covered by a patella or in another way a patella. A small group of muscles of the lower leg and thighs surrounds them. Inside the knee is a special lubricant called the intra-articular fluid. All this allows the knee to fully fulfill its main function - to ensure the movement of the body in space and to maintain it in the right position. In a word, it would be extremely difficult for us to walk without a knee.
But the knee joint is designed primarily for calm, even walking, and not for a fast running with a flight phase and a jerk on landing. These very jerks and ruin our joints. After all, the pressure at each of them increases tenfold, which is extremely damaging for articular surfaces. Over time, they are erased, the intra-articular fluid thickens, first inflammations appear, and then irreversible changes in muscles and bones. And now our knees hurt at any malomalskoy load. But we still have to live and live. Oils in the fire can pour and excess weight, and professional characteristics, and the need for heavy weights,and the execution of hard work, for example, in the country. It's no wonder that even with those who have only walked a lot of their lives, their knees ache with age.
What should I do if my knees hurt?
First of all, find out the reason and, if possible, fix it. And it is better to protect your health from a younger age. It's not for nothing that the old people say, take care of the honor from the youth, and the dresses from the new. This also concerns the knees. Sport is certainly good, but in moderation. And besides, besides running there are many other kinds, sports walking, for example. In short, if you want to live to old age and do not know diseases in the knee joints, keep them healthy, take care of them, watch your weight and pressure, eat properly, dress in the weather and walk more often outdoors. We wish you good luck and good health.
My knees are sore after training, what should I do?
- 3.3 Stretching in training for knee pain
Everyone knows that sport gives a person health. We come to a sportive way of life with different genetic predispositions, physiological possibilities and diseases.
To maintain health, training should be conducted in accordance with the characteristics of the organism of each individual person. Despite the use of individual approaches in training, many begin to complain of pain in the joints.
The joint is the perfect mobile structure, which is capable of withstanding body weight and overload during movement.
It contains blood vessels of the circulatory system and nerve endings. Therefore, any injury to the joint will cause a different strength of expression pain.
During training, the most vulnerable to the appearance of pain is the knee joint.
Causes of joint pain after training
Why can the joints after joint training hurt? First of all, it is necessary to determine the exact localization of pain. For those who only recently began to attend the training hall, it is very difficult to understand where the muscle pain, and where - as a result of damage to the joints.
You need to seek medical help urgently if painful discomfort is felt during movement, a crunch is heard, and restrictions appear in a certain part of the body. On the surface of the damaged area, with pressure, acute or dull pain is felt, puffiness of tissues is formed, body temperature rises.
If the pathological symptomatology manifested itself in the knee after training, then there may be several reasons for its development:
- Injury of anterior cruciate ligament. Its stretching or rupture disrupts the stability of the knee. And also causes excessive mobility of the hip joint.
- Injury of the femur also provokes the development of pain.
- The presence of flat feet causes the kneecap to turn inwards, and the person to experience pain.
- Complete or partial trauma of the meniscus, stretching of the intermenal ligaments, their old superficial injuries - all this disrupts the damping capabilities of the legs. The person stops bending the limb, the scrolling movements become unbearable.
- When pinching of the nerve roots occurs in the lumbar region( osteochondrosis), the innervation of the knee and hip joint is impaired.
- Significant excess of body weight compared to normal. One extra kilogram of fat deposits provides a 6-fold load on the knee joint.
- Development of degenerative-dystrophic processes under the influence of sports overloads and irrational nutrition. It begins with internal inflammation of the joint tissues( arthritis).It ends with complete destruction of the cartilaginous tissue and deformation of the bone surface( arthrosis).
People who are keen on power training( bodybuilding, weightlifting, etc.) are most prone to the formation of such articular pathologies. And those who are engaged in boxing, martial arts, basketball, etc.
At the same time, a sedentary lifestyle can also contribute to the formation of joint diseases. They do not bypass the people who are subjected to frequent hypothermia.
Medical statistics show that people who have passed the 30-year threshold often suffer from knee injuries. Why is this happening? This is due to a natural decrease in the amount of collagen production by the body.
What to do with pain in the knee after training?
When you feel knee pain after exercising and notice that it has become swollen, skin color and temperature over the joint changed, mobility decreased, then perform such first aid actions:
- Apply ice or some cold object. It will prevent the development of the edema of the soft layers. Several times a day for 10-15 minutes you can apply ice. To avoid cold skin trauma, put it first in the bag, then wrap it in a dense fabric. Frostbite will not occur if frozen meat or vegetables are used. You stick to the designated time, otherwise you risk damaging the nervous sensitivity of the skin.
- Lie on your back and lift your leg so that it is above the level of the chest. The accumulated fluid in the knee will begin to flow out. So you can avoid more swelling in the joint. When you rest on the bed - put the roller under the injured knee.
- The next day you can use anesthetic gels or ointments. They have a warming effect and eliminate the pain symptom. A special composition of the means allows deep penetration into the joint. And to activate the blood circulation of the impaired area.
- If after 1-2 days the symptoms do not go away - be sure to visit an orthopedist. The specialist will prescribe the prevention or treatment of pain in the knee. As a rule, with light injuries, the doctor prescribes anti-inflammatory drugs. Known aspirin and ibuprofen will help reduce pain.
The knee joint is most often injured, but sometimes the hip joint can also hurt after training. To ease the condition, you can use the recommendations given above.
Immobilization and nourishment of joints
Do not self-medicate at all. The use of antibiotics immediately after the injury increases the swelling of the tissues. Their insignificant dosage can provoke nausea, and frequent use disrupts the functions of the liver and intestines. Moreover, for each type of damage a special mode of drug use is prescribed.
The same principle applies to the use of a fixative bandage. The need for it and the method of imposition can only be determined by a specialist. Incorrect use of a dressing can aggravate the condition of the knee joint.
Do not forget to consult a doctor, which additives to strengthen the joint organ you can buy.
This is especially important for people who limit their diet with the goal of losing weight. The lack of calories leads to a deficiency of necessary trace elements.
The most effective additives include those that include: glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and collagen. A useful combination of these components restores and strengthens the ligaments, the cartilaginous "pillow".Promotes the development of interarticulate fluid, which prevents the development of fragility of the joint components. Strength and elasticity of the articular membranes is maintained due to saturation with additional proteins of the body.
How to exercise with joint pain?
If the doctor allowed you to continue training, then try to reduce the load, revise your program of sports activities. Consult with the coach in the hall. Perhaps you did not stick to the correct technique of doing the exercises, which caused pain.
Or change the type of activity to a lighter in relation to the load of the knee and other joints. For example, swimming is a good option. What you should pay attention to:
- The first rule that you must master is to stop intensively loading disturbing joints. Change priorities in training and focus on strengthening the muscles, ligaments around the joint, which ensure its stability.
- Increase the sport load gradually. First, pick up exercises that include the entire range of motor function of the joint. Then consistently go on exercises, which will help to separately work the lower leg, the thigh area, ankles.
- In training, be attentive to your health. Minor pain can accompany you, in particular, when performing dynamic exercises. But with each new occupation, as the joint is strengthened, the pain should gradually disappear. Severe pain is a signal to stop the exercise.
Once you notice an improvement in the knee joint condition, you can go to a full set of exercises to train the entire muscle group.
Strength training for knee pain
Special strength training for the legs makes the muscles and ligaments of the knee joint strong. Their strength and endurance forms a stable supporting muscular construction for the knee. The stronger the front and back of the thigh, the stronger the joint will be.
Help in this conventional squats with a weighting or with a bar. Exercise involves the large muscles of not only the legs, but the whole body, improves blood circulation in the lumbar region, speeds up metabolic processes in the body.
The effectiveness of the exercise is possible with the following recommendations:
- Do not take a lot of weight. It is better to do a few repetitions with a light load( the tendons are strengthened).
- Focus on the heels. Starting from the floor with your feet, you remove the partial load from the knee.
- Make sure that your knees always "look" towards the socks. And they did not come forward during squats.
- Back to back, slightly let it bend forward. But the feeling of stability of the situation should not leave you until the end of the exercise.
- If you want to train with a barbell, then put it on the shoulder area, keep the elbow corners vertically on the floor. So, you fix the shoulder blades and tighten the upper back muscles and the spine will assume the correct position.
- For the development of all knee sites, do squats in deep amplitude. She develops all the physiological predecessors of the articular organ.
In addition to sit-ups, excellent results can be obtained by doing exercises: back attacks with the barbell, deadlift, etc.
Cardioallings for knee pain
For people with pain in the knees, cardio workouts are prohibited, which include the "flight phase".That is jumping rope, running, fitness on the platform and other classes with jumps. These exercises contain moments when both feet of a man come off the surface.
Such sports activities create severe concussions in the joint organ. The weight of the human body is carried to the knees, and even with shock force.
It is necessary to replace these kinds of sports load with bicycle riding and an elliptical trainer. They activate the regenerative processes in joints due to the exclusion of shock movements.
Stretching in training for knee pain
At the beginning of the workout and after it, it is worth doing stretching exercises for the leg muscles. Allocate sufficient time for it, preferably 10-20 minutes. The stretching of the muscle fibers and ligaments retains the flexibility of the joint. It is not necessary to tolerate severe pain when performing exercises. You should feel the tension, but no more.
Do not be excessively addicted to stretching. This is a wrong step on the way to improving the articular organ.
First of all, for the knee stability is important, its excessive mobility leads to dislocations, broken legs, etc. Therefore, carefully choose a plan for sports hobbies, so as not to hurt yourself even more.
It is important to remember: it is necessary to stop when sports activities continue to cause discomfort and intensify painful sensations. You may need to visit a doctor again, because any pain always has its own reason.
What should I do if my knees hurt during or after a workout?
Joint pain is a very common problem, especially among athletes and people who do sports unprofessionally, but regularly. And why does such a symptom arise? Is it dangerous? And how can you eliminate it?
The essence of the joints in the performance of exercises
To find out the causes of pain, you need to understand the essence of the joints during exercise. In general, the joint plays the role of some mechanical hinge, providing mobility of the limbs. And during the training usually performed quite complex exercises, involving monotonous movements and many repetitions.
As a result, cartilaginous tissues that protect the joints from erasure begin to wear out gradually, which is why problems arise. In a normal state, the human body is able to restore such tissues, producing special substances glycosaminoglycans. But if the training is intense, and the loads are increased, then these substances simply do not have time to be produced, which leads to premature wear.
What is the cause of joint pain?
So, why are the joints hurt during or after training? Here are the main reasons:
- Higher loads. If the training is intense, the cartilage will wear off very quickly, and the joints, of course, will begin to wear out.
- Incorrect exercise. If you make complex movements incorrectly, the load on joints can increase several times, which will lead to their overstrain and, as a result, to pain.
- Diseases of the joints. There is a mass of diseases of the joint tissues, which lead to their inflammation or even destruction. These include, for example, arthrosis, arthritis and others. By the way, today not only the elderly, but also young people are exposed to such diseases, so nobody is immune from them.
- Injuries. Even if the trauma was received several years ago, it can make itself felt for a long time, and sometimes all life.
- Lack of adequate substances in the body for normal functioning and restoration of articular tissues.
So, what joints ache most often?
- Knees. Knee joints work almost constantly, not only during training, but also in everyday life, for example, when walking. And in the gym they are used constantly. And this is why these joints wear out faster than others.
- The ankle also suffers quite often, since the load on it is also very high, especially during running, jumping rope, squats and so on. To aggravate the situation can be wearing the wrong and uncomfortable shoes.
- Shoulder joints often hurt in those who perform strength training, such as raising the bar or dumbbell, push-ups, exercise on the simulators such as "butterfly" and so on.
- Elbow joints can also suffer from strength training, because they are also involved in the exercise with weighting.
- Brushes sometimes hurt in bodybuilders, boxers, wrestlers and weightlifters. A related wear of wrist joints with incorrectly selected weight or irrational load distribution.
- Hip joints hurt much less often, and mostly in professional runners.
How to solve the problem?
What can I do if during a training session or after it joints hurt? First of all, you need to find out the causes of pain. To do this, you should consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination.
Measures may be as follows:
- If the cause of the pain is arthrosis or arthritis, then immediately begin treatment. When exacerbation is usually prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs, such as "Nurofen", "Diclofenac", "Ibuprofen" and some others. In addition, to protect the joints from further destruction, as well as for their recovery, chondroprotective agents are recommended. To select any drugs should only a doctor. Also often physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed, for example, electromagnetic therapy, shock wave, ultrasound and so on. Among other things, during the treatment will have to reduce the load.
- If the cartilage is prematurely erased, it can be stopped. How? Having replenished the reserves of glycosaminoglycans, which are responsible for the restoration of cartilaginous tissues. The body synthesizes these unique substances from two components: glucosamine and chondroitin. They are also produced in the body, but, fortunately, they can enter into it from the outside. So, today there are biologically active additives based on chondroitin and glucosamine, which allow you to make up supplies and start the process of cartilage restoration. The effectiveness of such drugs has been proven and high, but in any case, they should be started only after consulting a doctor.
- If the cause of pain is increased load, then they will have to be reduced. Do not train "for wear", this will not lead to anything good. Reduce the number of repetitions, choose simpler exercises, in which the joints will not overextend.
- If you are concerned about the consequences of a trauma, then it can be said that the tissues have not recovered. And accelerate the process of their recovery can help some drugs and procedures that trigger regeneration. So contact your doctor and tell us about your problem so that he can prescribe effective treatment.
Only timely prevention will help to avoid problems. Here are the main steps:
- During sports, be sure to follow the correctness of all exercises. First, all movements should be supervised by an experienced trainer, who can correct all mistakes on time. Then you should practice in front of the mirror to learn and memorize the exercises and bring them to completion automatically.
- Choose suitable exercises, considering your state of health, level of physical fitness, weight and some other parameters. In general, an experienced trainer should make up the training program. Only he will be able to objectively evaluate your opportunities and pick up effective, but safe exercises.
- If you are injured, even if it seems to you that it is insignificant, consult a doctor. So, serious damage to the cartilage or joints can be taken as a banal bruise. And if you continue to engage in the same rhythm, then the situation will only worsen. Loads on the damaged joints will certainly lead to pain.
- Do not overexert while training. If you feel excessive tension in your limbs, then take a breather or at least go to another exercise that does not involve the same joints.
- Do not deal too often, namely every day or even more so several times a day. Professional trainers are advised not to attend gyms two or three times a week. It is these intervals between training that will allow the body to recover and replenish the reserves of glycosaminoglycans responsible for the restoration and normal functioning of the cartilage.
- Do not forget about the warm-up before training. It will help warm up and prepare muscles, joints and cartilage.
- It is very important and proper nutrition. First, the diet should include products rich in omega-3 fatty acids( they make the joints and cartilage more elastic and perform the function of natural lubrication).And they are contained in some vegetable oils and fatty fish. Secondly, you should use gelatin, which consists entirely of natural collagen( and collagen is the main component of cartilage tissue).Thirdly, do not forget about the calcium contained in fermented milk and dairy products.
Let your joints be healthy and strong!
My knees began to ache after training. I have been doing a little more than a month
I'm not reducing loads, but I'm a fan. Nevertheless, these are joints( arthritis and arthrosis yet does not threaten - they are the most terrible diseases, about it below).Already consulted and re-consulted. Yes, and my mother's doctor( although not a nutritionist))
Need an ointment that nourishes the joints. For example, cream-balm "Artro-Active".120 rubles - 35 gr. The virtually identical composition of the cream "Honda" - 101 rubles and the volume is twice as large. In order not to hurt, analgesic gels - Diclofenac, Fastum, but Nurafen gel is better, since it is also anti-inflammatory. Voltaren is good - but it's expensive. To feed and lubricate the joints naturally, without violating the diet, you can boil chicken cartilage, bones, paws, and drink this broth. It contains the necessary substances to the joints.
I could be stopped only by very serious pain or damage. But this, again, at your discretion. After all, your health. But the month of the target load on joints and their subsequent pain is not uncommon, the main thing is to take measures on treatment and nutrition in time.
Because the most terrible knee wounds are arthritis( joint inflammation) and arthrosis( joint dystrophy).Therefore, the listed gels and nutrition are important. These measures quickly remove the crunch and pain. You can compare this with the words of the doctor, I'm sure he will recommend the same remedies and say lower the load. But what about the load, I repeat, only your feelings and decision.
Reduce the load and stomat to the doctor. Or vice versa, stomping to the doctor and reducing the load.
well I do not know about my knees..and the ankles hurt, then get used to..their elastic bandage is rewound. .
give a breather
The minisk has been plucked out, I had it.
Perhaps due to increased loads, lactic acid has increased. ..It is better to consult with the trainer and the attending physician
maybe you have weak joints and the load can trigger arthritis. ...
Try a little regret if it fails to try the Koolen or Glucosamine course( sold in a pharmacy or in a storesports nutrition) Good luck! !!
I need to see a doctor. If the pain is permanent, then exercises where knees are involved are best not to do for a while.
also this happened. .