Massage with flat feet in a child. How to treat flat feet in children
The footprint of your baby's kidney is not only an excellent method of "stopping the moment", but also a way to check if the baby has such a pathology as flat feet. How to recognize a developing disease in time? And what kind of massage with flat feet does the child guarantee excellent results?
Description of pathology
Flattening is a disease in which the arch of the foot is flattened. As a result of this pathology, the necessary functionality of the legs is lost. The feet are not able to act as a sufficient shock absorber. Vertical jolts, blows they do not completely extinguish.
Such a pathology starts to suffer from the musculoskeletal system. The disease affects the functioning of the lower limbs and the spine. With pathology, even the base of the skull suffers.
Quite common concept - flat-footed feet. As orthopedists consider, this is not a disease, but a deformation that results from loosening of ligaments. With this pathology, the foot as it were "falls in" inward. There is an irregular formation of the arch of the foot and arch. With this pathology, while walking, the legs get tired much faster.
If flat-footed feet are not treated, then in the future it threatens not only a cosmetic defect. The crumbs will be hard to walk. Possible difficulties with the choice of shoes. The child will greatly deteriorate the gait.
Parents should understand that the baby's foot is formed, usually up to 7 years. In a more adult age, it is very difficult to change anything dramatically.
Classification of pathology
Flattening is subdivided into the following types:
- Transverse. There is flattening in the forefoot. This pathology can be seen visually. The thumb, as a rule, deviates sideways. Can build up inside the foot. The 2nd and 3rd fingers become hammer-shaped.
- Longitudinal. Compaction occurs in the longitudinal arch of the foot. The extended elongated middle part is clearly visible. The foot is rotated inward. The longitudinal arch is omitted. The child's walk is awkward. Socks are bred strongly aside.
- Combined flat feet. This kind combines transverse and longitudinal deformation.
Physicians distinguish 3 stages of the disease:
- Flattening 1 degree. With such a pathology, a weakened ligamentous apparatus is observed. In this case, the foot does not change its shape. Fatigue and pain can occur in the evening after a long walk. It's enough to rest a little - and the discomfort goes away. Flattening 1 degree affects the gait of the child. It is less plastic.
- 2 degree. Flattening of the foot is seen visually. Vaults almost completely disappear. The foot is spread and expanded. Very painful discomfort is expressed. It acquires a permanent character. Pain can spread to the entire ankle, shin. And even reach the knee. The child is very difficult to walk, there is a clubfoot.
- Flattened 3rd degree. The deformation of the foot is sharply expressed. There may be damage to some parts of the musculoskeletal system - scoliosis, arthrosis, intervertebral hernia. The thumb is very strongly deflected outwards. Constant pain is felt in the feet, legs, knees, and sometimes in the hips, lower back. It's hard enough to get walking.
Features of developing pathology
Beginning to visit an orthopedic surgeon from a one-year-old age. Already with such a crumb, a competent specialist is able to determine whether the child is inclined to pathology. Suspected development of flat feet parents themselves, carefully examining the legs of the child and his shoes.
Factors to look out for:
- Footwear. With flat feet, the inner part of the heel, the sole, wears heavily. In the normal foot, the outer surface is immediately erased.
- Color. The leg should be pale pink. The purple-cyanotic hue of the foot characterizes the venous congestion. Pale color indicates insufficient circulation.
- Pathologies. In case of illness, thickening, scuffing of the skin, calluses may occur.
- Visual inspection. Ask the crumb to put side by side. Thumbs should adjoin very closely to each other.
If at least one of the above factors is present, it is possible to suspect a flat foot in the child. What to do in this case? Be sure to consult an orthopedist who will recommend adequate methods of foot correction.
Such procedures are prescribed at any stage of the disease. They allow you to restore mobility in joints, improve metabolism in tissues.
The following physiotherapy procedures can be recommended:
- UHT - shockwave therapy;
- paraffin-ozocerite application.
Electromyostimulation is quite popular. In this procedure, electrodes are applied to the problem areas. Then start a weak current. There is a "forced" training of muscle tissue.
Treatment with massage
Specialists recommend starting prevention almost from birth crumbs.
Massage with flat feet in a child should be performed as follows:
- Foot. The sole is rubbed with the edge of the palm - from the heel to the fingers. Grasp the foot with your thumb. Do the same for your fingers. Performing foot massage to the child with flat feet, "draw" the number 7. Start from the thumb of the crumbs, move to the base of the little finger and descend along the outer surface to the heel. Then rub the interdigital spaces and the bony protuberances of the lower leg with circular motions. Carefully turn the foot.
- Shin. Massage with flat feet in a child should not end only with work with stops. It is necessary to make stroking, rubbing and kneading the palms of both sides of the shin. Inner surface gently beat and pinch your fingertips. Massage should be carried out from the ankle joint to the knee.
- Hips and buttocks. Such a massage with flat feet in the child is carried out without certain emphases. Techniques are used - rubbing, stroking, kneading of muscle tissues of the hips. They move in the direction of the location of the bone. On the buttocks are allowed to massage in any direction. An addition to an effective massage should be the elements of vibration - pokolachivanie edge palms, tingle, perhaps shaking.
Only complex therapy can get rid of pathology. It should not be forgotten that gymnastics with flat feet in children is an important and indispensable part of adequate treatment.
The following exercises are recommended for pathology:
- A child rolls a ball with a foot or a stick.
- The kid grabs a small object from the floor, using only the toes.
- Walking on socks and on the heels. Such an exercise should be performed until the legs of the child get tired. Kroha makes 4 steps, becoming on socks, then the same on the heels.
- Suggest a child to be like the outside of the feet.
- Kid bends and unbends the toes of the legs.
- Put a special bar on the floor, the height of which is 30-40 mm. The child becomes one foot on him. It is necessary on it to rise to the toe and fall to the full foot. The second leg does not participate. Exercise is repeated until fatigue. Then do the same for the other leg.
Orthopedic massage mat
Toddler is recommended to walk barefoot. However, the surface on which the crumb comes, must be uneven. For example, it could be land or grass outside the city. The given action will allow variously to load muscles of foot.
You can use for such purposes a special orthopedic mat from flat feet for children. It can perform all physical exercises. This mat causes irritation of the receptors on the baby's foot. As a result of the provoked effect, the foot is correctly formed. In addition, a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
Often it is recommended that children wear special shoes. Sometimes orthopedic insoles can be prescribed instead of shoes. The recommended measures depend on the revealed pathology, its features and the degree of development.
Shoes with special insoles must be worn for about 5-6 hours a day.
Recommendations for parents
It is extremely important to choose the right shoes for babies. Choose only good and quality shoes.
Be sure to remember the following recommendations:
- The crumb should not wear shoes that do not fix the ankle joint. Refuse slippers, house slippers, sandals with straps on the heels, winter soft boots.
- All shoes in which a child walks must have a rigid solid back. Shoes with laces are recommended. For summer shoes, it is preferable to have a fastener.
- Never buy shoes for children "for growth".In free footwear, the risk of incorrect formation of the foot is high. Tight shoes also lead to deformation of the feet.
- Do not allow the child to wear other people's shoes. It does not fit the crumb at all, because it is already trampled under someone else's leg.
- Avoid rubber and synthetic shoes.
Let the legs of your crumbs always be healthy!
Flat-footedness in children
Having carefully examined the foot of a small child, it is easy to see that it is almost flat. But this does not mean that the baby has a flat foot. Just stop before the end is not formed. In the process of growth, when the child begins to walk, it will change, gradually to 3-4 years of taking the desired form. The arches of the foot, not visible at an early age due to a layer of subcutaneous fat, will also form later. Flattening in children is detected only by an orthopedic physician. What are the causes of the disease and how to treat it properly?
Causes of flatfoot
There are very few cases of congenital flat feet, about 3%.The disease is mainly acquired in the process of life if the following rules are not observed:
- Children should walk barefoot more often than in shoes. The formation of the arch of the foot is better in natural conditions.
- Do not overweight.
- If children do not move much during the day, they do not develop properly due to insufficient loading of the foot.
- Shoes for the child need to be selected with a small heel and soft instep. The back is preferable to hard.
- Do not allow children to wear other preterm footwear, it does not correctly distribute the load on the feet.
- A child should get vitamin D and calcium in plenty.
- The arches should be constantly trained on foot barefoot walks. Feet let them run along the grass, along the relief soil. This is the guarantee of leg health!
In childhood, the bones, muscles and ligaments of the feet are not yet strong. It is very important to create conditions for their proper development in order to maintain health.
Types of flatfoot in children
Flattening in its origin is divided into congenital and acquired. Types of acquired flat feet:
- Paralytic. It is formed due to the transferred poliomyelitis against the background of muscle paralysis. The stronger the paralysis, the more pronounced the flat feet.
- Ricky. It occurs as a result of rickets. The child who has suffered rickets, incorrectly formed bones, including the bones of the foot. They are weakened and under pressure of body weight are deformed. Promotes the bending of the bones of a weak muscle-ligament apparatus.
- Traumatic. Develops as a result of fractures of feet and ankles.
- Statistical. They suffer the greatest number of people. It arises because of weak muscles and ligaments of feet and legs. It is characteristic for people with overweight, who prefer shoes with too high heels or uncomfortable shoes, spending a lot of time on their legs, with a hereditary predisposition to the disease.
The foot has two arches:
- Longitudinal - from heel to metatarsal bones.
- Cross - under the toes.
Depending on the damage to one or another vault, the flatfoot is longitudinal and transverse. It is not excluded and the combined version.
Longitudinal flat feet are more common in children with excessive body weight. The bones of the child are still soft, and under the weight of the body spread out.
For transverse flat feet, the anterior part of the foot is characterized, the fingers unfurl "fan", take the form of hammers, the thumb deviates outwards. Characteristic of the appearance of the stone.
To understand what are the features of the development of flatfoot and how to choose the right footwear for the child, see the program "The School of Doctor Komarovsky."
Symptoms of Flatfoot
Parents themselves can identify some signs of flat feet in their children.
- Sometimes we notice that the child is clumsy, that is, the toes of his foot are turned outward. It happens when the muscles of the foot are relaxed and do not support its correct position. This flat foot is called valgus.
- There is reason to think about flat feet, when walking a child comes to the inner edge of the foot.
If you notice such symptoms in your children, you should definitely visit an orthopedic doctor to determine the exact diagnosis.
A child under 1 year of age must be shown to the doctor at 1, 3, 6 and 12 months. The next visit will be when he starts walking. At the age of more than 1 year, children should visit the orthopedic doctor once a year.
Flattening 1 degree
This is a weak degree of the disease. Visually it can not be determined, the shape of the foot does not change. The patient very much gets tired after physical exertion, as there is not sufficient amortization of the musculoskeletal system. The patient changes his gait and by the evening his legs swell. If you press on the foot, there is a lot of pain.
First of all, you need to remove the pain, then strengthen the muscles and ligaments. For this, orthopedic shoes or insoles are used. Daily curative gymnastics is well combined with a massage of the back and feet. A positive effect is provided by swimming and physiotherapy( magnetotherapy, electrostimulation, pearl and air-water foot baths).
Carefully select children's shoes: necessarily presence of a low heel, flexible sole, shoes should not strongly compress a leg.
Flattening of 2nd degree
The stop is reduced. It flattened, poorly performs the spring function, the legs hurt constantly and very hard to the knee. The patient is difficult to move. The gait becomes heavy, the clubfoot is noticeable.
Flattening of the 3rd degree
The foot is so deformed that it is noticeable even to a specialist. The feet are constantly aching, swelling, people can not walk in the usual shoes. Because of the violation of the foot functions, the spine and head begin to ache. The posture can change, there are such diseases as osteochondrosis and a hernia of the spine, scoliosis, arthrosis of the joints.
Transverse Platypodia( also congenital and acquired) has three degrees of development:
- The first degree - the big toe deviates approximately 20 degrees outwards and hurts, the legs become very tired when loaded, the skin reddens on 2-4 fingers.
- The second degree - the big toe deviates already by 20-40 degrees, with loads on the foot there is a strong pain and burning sensation covers the entire foot. Characteristic of the appearance of corns.
- The third degree is the last one, it is more pronounced than others. The big toe deviates by 35-40 degrees, the front part of the foot is completely flattened, the foot is unbearably sore even with small loads. A large number of corns give unbearable pain. The shape of the legs changes, bursitis starts - inflammation of the periarticular bag.
The cause of transverse flatfoot can serve as a narrow, compressive foot shoes and high heels.
How to treat
Flat-footedness is treated with two main methods - surgical and conservative.
If the child is born with a flatfoot, the correction of the shape of the foot produces specially adapted langettes or gypsum bandages.
In case of acquired flatfoot, which is finally revealed at the age of 5 years, doctors advise using orthopedic insoles. They not only allow the leg to feel comfortable in the shoes, but also contribute to the proper formation of the foot.
With a disease of 1 degree, foot and shin massage is effective. Exercise therapy and physiotherapy with flat feet in children help to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the foot, and also remove the pain.
Only by procedures in a hospital setting, therapy should not be limited. For the treatment of flat feet in children at home, the doctor develops a set of exercises that must be performed at home regularly, every day.
With flatfoot it is absolutely necessary to walk barefoot on the sand, grass, small pebbles. After bathing, it is recommended to rub the feet well with a towel to improve blood circulation. Widely used methods such as manual therapy, the use of mats from flat feet( as in the photo below).
Drugs in childhood are not used due to a large number of side effects. Surgical methods of treatment are also not used.
Treatment is important to carry out in a timely manner and finish up to 13-14 years. The older the child, the more difficult it is to fight the disease.
Massage with flat feet
Only regular application of foot massage will give the desired result( at least 12 sessions).The procedure lasts usually about 10 minutes. Begins a massage from the waist, because from there comes the innervation of the legs. Then the calf muscle is massaged, then the Achilles tendon, the outer side of the shin, the back of the foot, the sole, again the calf muscle and the sole. The hands of the massage therapist usually move from the fingers to the heel and from the ankle joint to the knee.
For massage feet can be used a variety of devices: massage balls, rollers and massage mats. These products do not treat better than human hands, but their impact is exerted.
Massage is contraindicated for people suffering from skin diseases and diseases of the vascular system. For young children, the entire surface of the foot is massaged.
It is almost impossible to get rid of flat feet in children without special physical exercises. This is an integral and indispensable part of the treatment. Individual exercises are used in physical education classes in educational institutions. In the complex there is nothing difficult, every mom can perform exercises at home with the child. The main thing is to do them every day, and, if possible, 2 times a day, repeating each exercise up to 15 times.
- Walk along with the baby on toes, on the heels, on the outer and inner sides of the foot, on a flat floor and on a relief massage mat.
- Place the child on a chair, legs together. Ask him to pull his toes up.
- Then let it bend and unbutton your toes.
- Ask the baby to bend his fingers and simultaneously turn the feet inwards.
- Turn the legs to each other so that the fingers meet, and then turn the other way.
- We scatter small toys to the right of the chair and ask the child to grab them with their toes and shift to the left side. Then vice versa.
- Under the feet of the child a sheet, let her fingers try to crush her.
- We stroke the right leg with the left, rise from the fingers up to the knee. Then stroke the left foot with the right foot.
- We perform the exercise with the ball. Let the child rolls the ball clockwise with each foot in turn. Then ask him to grab the ball with his feet and maximally raise it, lower it back to the floor.
- Put a pipe in front of the chair, ask the child to roll it with his legs back and forth.
Schematically the exercises are shown in the photo below.
Gymnastics with flat feet in children significantly strengthens the muscles and ligaments of the legs, they better support the arch of the foot. Improves blood circulation in the legs and accelerates the lymph drainage. Also, physical education promotes the best development of intraarticular fluid, which improves the mobility of joints, makes movements free, removes inflammation and pain in the joints.
Much more interesting for the child exercises will take place in nature, where he can roll different stones, sticks. Praise him more often, and the usual occupation will turn into an exciting pastime.
Insoles from flat feet
Orthopedic insoles are used not for the prevention of flatfoot, but only for the treatment of illness. In addition, the patient is recommended to choose comfortable shoes.
All models of orthopedic insoles are made on the same principle - where the inner arch of the foot is located, the instep is modeled. The heel deepens, the overflow zone is made higher, in the zone of the transverse arch there is a metatarsal pillow.
If necessary, wedges are placed under the insole to give the correct position of the foot at various deviations from the norm.
Orthopedic insoles are sold in a pharmacy or a specialized store, but they do not take into account the individual characteristics of the foot of a particular person. Therefore, it is better to produce them individually to order.
In order to prevent fatigue and trouble in the future, it is important to prevent the disease from early childhood.
- Pay more attention to the baby's shoes. It should fit tightly and fix the ankle joint, have a hard back and a small heel about 0.5 cm. Do not buy children shoes on flat soles and without backs.
- After bathing, pour the legs of children alternately with cool and warm water, then rub well with a towel.
- If the child at home walks barefoot, try to shoe it for at least 10-15 minutes per hour.
- Play with children in games in which you need to act with your feet - grab and rearrange small items, pick up toys from the floor.
Acquired platypodia indicates that the parents did not pay proper attention to the child and allowed the occurrence of the disease. In adulthood, it is much more difficult to cure, even surgical intervention is not always effective. It is easier to prevent pathology than cure.
For more information on the causes, prevention and treatment of pediatric flatfoot, see the video below.
If you know any other methods of getting rid of flat feet in children, tell about it in the comments. Your advice will be useful to other parents.Like the article? Tell your friends:
Comments with the advertisement of products or services are posted only on a paid basis or are deleted.
Actuality of flatfoot treatment
Many people think that flat feet is not such a dangerous disease as, for example, arthritis, but in vain. It is flatfoot, untreated in time, can become one of the reasons for the formation of dangerous health complications. These include such "adult" diagnoses as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, arthrosis, arthritis including.
Is flatfoot treated and how effective can treatment be? The answer is simple - flatfoot can be completely corrected only up to the child's age of 6-7 years, and in adults - only carry out a correction. That is why treatment and correction of flat feet are relevant for adults and children, and therapeutic gymnastics is a good help in complex therapy.Before starting flatfoot treatment at home, you need to get a doctor's consultation. This must be done to assess the degree, shape of flat feet, and also to choose orthopedic footwear and insoles.
What can I do at home? These are measures aimed at overall health promotion, nutrition correction, walking tours, classes, exercises and much more.
- In summer, you can walk and walk without shoes, it is advisable to choose a rocky surface for this. On the plantar surface of the foot are all active points, so this walk not only forms anatomical arches of the foot, but contributes to overall health.
- From sports you can go swimming, especially swimming in the style of a crawl. Leg movements with this style develop rotational movements of the foot. If conditions permit, and the disease is mild, you can do ski sports or figure skating. This will keep the foot in a strictly horizontal position.
- A good effect is provided by a flat-foot massage, which can be done by using simple techniques. For this, stroking, kneading, rubbing, squeezing are used. Massage tones muscles, ligaments and fascia, and their tone, in turn, leads to correction of the foot.
- It is necessary to teach the child to walk properly. To do this, for several minutes 6-7 times a day, ask him to walk, straightening his shoulders, lifting his head, and the feet should be strictly horizontal and parallel to each other.
- The main condition of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics with flat feet. Use for this instructor is not necessary, because the techniques are simple and easily duplicated, even by children.
How to cure flat feet with simple exercises, you ask? To understand what happens during the exercises, it is necessary to recall that flat feet is a disease of the whole musculoskeletal system. A load that is not distributed correctly can lead to dangerous illnesses in adulthood. And the flat foot is treated only with shoes or insoles, as it is necessary to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the entire leg and lower parts of the spine, because the innervation of the foot begins in the lumbar part of the spine.
Complex of exercises with flat feet( click to enlarge).
The complex of exercises
- hands are stretched upward, we go on toes;
- hands on the waist, we go on the heels;
- hands on the waist, we walk on the outside of the foot;
- tennis ball squeezed between the feet, we walk on the outside of the foot.
In the standing position:
- hands on the belt, stand on the outside of the foot, turn the trunk to the right and left;
- we stand on the outside of the foot, we rise on the toes.
Standing on a stick:
- move on a stick, placing stops both along and across.
In sitting position:
- legs are stretched forward, bend, unbend fingers;
- legs are bent at the knees, maximally bred and heel, without taking off socks from the floor;
- legs stretched forward, pulling the socks as much as possible, and then pulling ourselves away;
- legs are extended forward, we reduce and we breed legs, joining stops;
- legs are stretched forward, grab a pencil and lift;
- legs stretched forward, grab a tennis ball, toss it and catch it;
- legs are bent at the knees, we roll a tennis ball from the sock to the heel along the longitudinal arch.
In the position of the body at an angle of 45 degrees:
- raise both legs and torso at an angle of 45 degrees and hold as much as you can.
How often to do gymnastics
All exercises need to be done regularly, for 1.5-2 years, giving it 15-20 minutes per day. Each exercise should be done, repeating several times.
How to cure flat feet with walking, if in some regions only 2-3 months a year is warm? In winter time, you can adjust the massage mat for walking. Make a massage mat from flat feet with your own hands is not difficult - just enough for dense fabric threads or glue to attach small items( buttons, curlers, glass stones and other small items).
Early detection of the diagnosis and timely treatment started are the key to a full recovery. A therapeutic gymnastics, held regularly, can become an indispensable assistant in successful treatment.
Flat feet: treatment at home using gymnastics and massage
- 4 Developing the right gait
- Methods of treating flatfoot in the homeRating articles: 3.33 / 5( Votes: 3)
Flatfoot is a lifelong disease that can be cured inearly childhood, and adult patients can only stop the development of the pathological process with the help of special rehabilitation measures, one of which is the treatment of flatfoot in the home. At the same time, the sooner an ailment is identified, the more opportunities there are to stop its progression.
Strengthening the body
There are many active points on the surface of the human foot. With natural contact with the ground, their massage is performed, which not only strengthens the muscles of the foot, but in general the entire body. Classes for the prevention of flatfoot include walking barefoot on an uneven surface of the earth, pebbles or sand, as well as logs. Very well strengthens the muscles of the foot swimming( in the style of the crawl).Movement of the feet, which are actively used in this form of swimming, help strengthen the muscles of the foot.Recommendation: In order to walk barefoot in the sand does not necessarily go to a tropical resort or to wait for the summer. To perform this procedure at home, you can adjust the box( 1: 1.5 m), fill it with sand and practice.
When walking barefoot on a log, the natural bending of a healthy foot repeats perfectly. This is very useful when correcting flat feet.
Physical training is of undoubted benefit to the whole organism, but in severe clinical manifestations of the disease, some of them cause excessive load on the feet. In this case, you should avoid skiing, skating and weightlifting. However, light exercises from flat feet are very useful, and therefore they should not be neglected.
In addition to sports training, patients suffering from flat feet should perform a set of exercises daily( 2-3 times a day).Each exercise with flat feet is performed barefoot, 8-12 times.
- IP - in a sitting position with straight legs. We do stroking the inner edge of the left foot with the shin of the right leg, then we change our legs.
- IP - in a sitting position on a chair. Alternately we bend the toes, then we make the foot inward, we perform circular movements with stops inside. Trying to lift a light ball or pencil in the footsteps, pull a thin carpet with the help of your toes.
- IP - standing on toes, feet parallel to each other. When performing this exercise, the center of gravity is transferred to the outer edge of the foot, after which it should return to its original position. To avoid injury, such gymnastics of the foot from flat feet should be performed near the supporting support, handrail or machine, for which it is necessary to hold in case of loss of balance.
- Walking with the support of the outer edge of the foot and the obligatory bending of the fingers.
Note: This exercise is recommended for experts on a foam mat or on a rug with a long pile. It is also very useful to walk on a sloping surface.
- Walking on a log( sideways).Charging with flat feet in children, as well as in adults, should be performed regularly( preferably 2 times a day daily).Each exercise is performed 10-15 times, and the entire exercise is about 15 minutes. Thanks to gymnastics, the muscles and ligaments supporting the arch of the foot are strengthened, the intraarticular fluid is stimulated, joint mobility, blood circulation and lymphatic drainage improves, soreness and inflammation decrease.
Massage with flat feet is a mandatory procedure included in the treatment complex of this pathology at home. Thanks to it, the blood supply improves and the muscles supporting the arch of the foot are toned. The effectiveness of this technique depends on the regularity of the massage procedures. In order to achieve a sustainable effect, you must do at least 12 sessions of massages, which experts recommend to spend every other day.
Note: As a rule, massage of the lumbar region is performed before massaging the feet, since it is there that innervation of the lower extremities occurs.
In massage practice, there are several sets of massage techniques, including various sequences of techniques. The effectiveness of this or that method depends on the general condition of the patient, the degree of flatfoot and its individual morphological properties. That's why they are recommended individually. This applies a wide range of techniques: kneading, squeezing, stroking, squeezing, pressing, etc.
Note: similar techniques can be used for self-massage.
Special massage mats and rollers are very well recommended in the treatment of flat feet at home. Of course, they can not surpass the hands of a professional masseur, but are a great alternative to manual self-massage. Contraindication to the performance of massage procedures are skin and vascular pathologies. In such cases, patients who are treating flat feet at home, are recommended non-tactile effects on the skin. It should be emphasized that in childhood, massage is much more effective. This is due to the fact that the children's locomotor system is more flexible and plastic than the adult.
Working out the correct gait
One of the main reasons for the development of flat feet in childhood is a wrong walk. Very often, to keep the balance, children walk around, setting their feet apart and unfolding their feet. This position artificially increases the area of the support, but at the same time increases the load on the inner part of the foot, which causes it to flatten. Also significantly worsens the posture and gait for a long walk on high heels. In this case, the center of gravity of the body moves forward and there is a bending of the legs in the knees and hip joints, which in turn provokes an incorrect arrangement of the pelvic bones and movement of the internal organs in the small pelvis. When walking, experts recommend putting feet in parallel to each other, placing emphasis on the outer edge of the foot. Of course, at first the patient suffering from flat feet, it will be very difficult to control his gait, but if desired and perseverance, all movements can be fixed and brought to automaticity.2 comments
As a mother of two little children, I really want that they never had a flat foot. Very often I see on the street what kind of adult girls do not have a beautiful walk. It turns out that this also depends on flat feet. Therefore already now I spend preventive maintenance of a flat foot with children. I allow the children to walk barefoot all summer in the country. Together with the children they made a massage mat from the sea pebbles and the children now walk with pleasure on it. Very often mothers do not pay attention to what shoes their children wear and whether they have flat feet or not, and in fact to prevent the disease is much easier than then to treat it.
Olga, you are doing the right thing! My mother was one of those who did not care too much about the shoes I wore as a child. As a result, I suffer from flat feet. I hardly wear shoes with heels, I often feel pain in my legs, of course, I do exercises. But, it's no longer necessary to talk about healthy legs.
How to perform a massage with flat feet in children at home
Massage with flat feet. A set of methods for children
Flat feet in children is a problem that many parents face today. Depending on how much the disease is started, a set of treatment methods is selected. The main emphasis is on massage at home. The daily execution of home procedures guarantees the child the fastest results.
Healthy children are happy parents. Fulfillment of all home recommendations, it is much better than going to polyclinics and doctors. The desire of the parents and the mood of the child at the initial stage of flatfoot will give a very good result without any other intervention.We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus), our readers have successfully used Socks ValgoSocks .What is their advantage:
- Professional bone repair on the leg
- Straighten the thumb and joint
- Effectively relieve the flatfoot
- Relieve the pain and swelling
- Keep the natural mobility of the foot( as opposed to the tire)
- Calculated for round-the-clock wearing
The main difference of this corrector inThe fact that its action is directed not only to straighten the thumb, but also to combat transverse flatfoot. Thus, the socks of ValgoSocks are struggling not only with the "bone", but also with the cause that causes its appearance.Read more. ..
Do not forget that first of all you need to strengthen the body, and this is very easy to achieve by doing physical training and gymnastics in parallel with massage at home. There is a huge amount of exercises in the game form. Also, parents should pay attention to the development of a correct gait in their child, which is important in the process of treatment. From the old low-quality shoes must be eliminated.
At the initial stages of flatfoot, positive dynamics are observed in children after 1-2 months of procedures.
If the disease is started, the course of home sessions is prolonged, and it is better to combine it with wearing orthopedic shoes and therapeutic gymnastics. Manufacturers of quality orthopedic shoes for today are enough.
The specially developed technique of foot massage in domestic, quiet conditions will help to stop the deformation process, and eventually eliminate the defect completely. The complex of home procedures combines back, hip, shin massage and, directly, the foot. It is very important to work on all these zones, because with flat feet in children, not only the leg deforms. The problem is much more serious, and affects the whole complex of the musculoskeletal system: the load on the bones of the legs and spine increases, which can subsequently lead to scoliosis and other diseases.
Home massage sessions are aimed not only at the elimination of foot defects, but also to strengthen the muscles of the legs and back, improve blood circulation, drain lymph and relieve tension in the muscles. Foot massage at home is important to do children every day for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Most children adore these procedures.
Home techniques for flat feet in childrenRead more & gt; & gt; We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..
Regardless of the zone where massage is performed at home, the entire complex for children has a clear sequence of actions: stroking - rubbing - kneading - patting - tingling - rubbing - stroking.
- Back massage at home.
We put the child on the tummy, perform light movements of the hand along the back of the palms. Then, with the palm of your hand, rub it all over the surface strictly along the spine, knead the muscles with the palms of your hands and force them gently. When the back has warmed up and has become pink, we carry out rolling of a skin from a coccyx to a neck. Light circular motions massage each vertebra from the cervical to the coccyx. Skin on the spine itself should not be massaged, massage on the neck should be done very carefully. We finish with relaxing strokes.
- Massage the hip and lower legs at home.
The baby remains in the "on the stomach" position. We start with light movements of the hands, rubbing and warming up the muscles of the thighs and calves. On the calf, we work with caution: too intense massage in this area can cause pain in children. Then we spend palms on a leg from an ankle up to a hip joint with the strengthened pressing. This movement is necessary to stimulate the outflow of lymph from the muscles of the legs to the lymph nodes. Then the baby rolls over on the back, the same actions are repeated on the front side of the legs. The anterior part of the tibia is massaged with caution, without strong effects.
- Foot massage at home.
First, in the above order, it is recommended that children do a general foot massage. Then special attention should be paid to the arch of the foot. After warming up, massage it with a "comb-like" method - knuckles clenched into fists hands. Depending on the type of flatfoot - longitudinal, transverse or valgus( clubfoot) - movements are performed in the corresponding direction. We finish by stroking the sole and back of the foot.
After the whole complex of massages at home is spent, the child is recommended to cover with a rug and let him lie down in a calm, relaxed state for 15-20 minutes. It is best to perform such home procedures in the evenings, before the child goes to bed. Home sessions relax the baby, prepare it for a healthy, full rest.
Of course, do not forget that the treatment of flat feet massage in children and adolescents is somewhat different. Very small children such a massage should not be done for long, on average 20-30 minutes, without sudden movements and too strong pressing. For a teenager the technique allows to increase the time of home procedures up to 45-60 minutes, a stronger effect is allowed.
Active formation of the arch of foot and leg muscles in children begins only in 2-3 years. Up to this age, the diagnosis of flat feet is made for children only if it is congenital. Therefore, very little babies the above described method of foot massage at home will not work. It is better to confine yourself to home sessions of restorative foot massage. The easiest way to do them in the evening, before bed.
Massage at home does not require special higher education or specific skills. It will take responsibility and patience. If it is not timely to draw attention to this, do not do a massage, do not perform medical procedures, the development of complications is inevitable.
How I got rid of the stone on my legs for 3 weeks without surgery!
- I forgot about the protruding bones on my legs
- Bending of the big toes and joints
- Cured the transverse flatfoot
- I lost the pain in the bones on the legs and their swelling
- I avoided surgery and walking around the doctors
- I was able to wear my favorite shoes
My name is Oksana Fedorova. In 2002, I received the title "Miss Universe", and after only a couple of years the bones on my legs deprived me of the opportunity to even put on shoes. As I then thought - the career is over. .. However, I managed to find a solution that turned out ridiculously simple and accessible to everyone who faced such a problem. As I did, you can read in my sensational interview to the online magazine which is on this link ( it is worthy of attention, believe me). Read the interview. ..We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..2 comments
Здравствуйте!I am afraid to do alone foot massage to the baby. Tell me, is not it dangerous? Can I hurt him?
Can you please tell us to what age the baby will be effective? And can massage be combined with orthopedic insoles?