The joints of the hands and feet are aching, what should I do? Pain in the joints of the legs and hands: causes and treatment
If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should a person do in such a situation? Of course, the very first thing that comes to mind is to go to the polyclinic to your local therapist, and he will figure out what's what: he will assign tests or send to a specialist. However, many of us know how difficult it is to find time to go to a medical institution, because for this you have to get out of work, then, most likely, sit there in line or prepare a certain amount of money for a visit to a paid medical center.
In general, people have a lot of arguments in favor of self-treatment at home. And it's not so rare that it really helps. Well, in this article you will find several folk recipes that help with joint pain of a different nature, as well as a list of pharmacological drugs specially designed to solve such problems. But first we advise you to take seriously the reading of the next chapter of our narrative.
The Importance of Establishing the Right Diagnosis
Asking every counter-cross: "If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should I do?", People often do not understand that the pains that disturb them can be the initial stage of a serious illness, the development of which can be stopped orslow down at the initial stage, when the destructive processes in the joints have not gone too far.
Carrying out treatment independently with the help of lotions, lapping, poultices, etc., a sick person exposes his health to a lot of risk. After all, home remedies are not at all so safe and can be contraindicated in certain diseases.
Here, for example, there is an opinion that for a quick solution to problems with joints, there is nothing better than warming up. But this is not so! If the disease is accompanied by swelling, acute inflammatory processes occur in the joints, there is a local increase in temperature, then the effect of heat on the problem area can only aggravate the situation. If the joints of the hands and feet ache, the causes, symptoms, treatment regimens should first of all be discussed with specialists( rheumatologist, orthopedist or traumatologist).
We are not going to crack folk remedies here: they can be a great help in fighting various diseases, but only after the doctor has correctly diagnosed and gives advice on what can bring benefits to the joints and what will cause harm.
Different causes of joint pain
Why joint pains and what to do in these cases, it will be much easier to understand if you know about the causes of aches and pains in the extremities and the limitation of their motor functions. Here are a number of the most common joint diseases:
1. Rheumatoid arthritis. Chronic disease, in which inflammatory processes in connective tissues are observed. Characteristic symptoms accompanying arthritis:
- Pain sensations in one or more joints increase gradually, within one to two weeks, or may occur suddenly. At rest, pain intensifies, especially in the morning.
- Rheumatoid arthritis can be affected as large joints of hands and feet( wrist, ankle, elbow, knee), and small joints of feet and brushes. Inflammation of one joint is called monoarthritis, several - polyarthritis.
- One of the symptoms of the disease in question is the limitation of limb movements during the first hours after the morning awakening.
- The disease is accompanied by a marked increase in joints, redness of the skin in the problem area and an increase in its sensitivity.
2. Rheumatism. This chronic disease gradually affects all organs( heart, kidneys, lymphatic system, etc.), including joints. The process can last for many years. It is very important to begin treatment as early as possible. One of the most characteristic signs of beginning rheumatism is joint pain, arising periodically, sometimes accompanied by fever and edema.
3. Osteoarthritis. The disease associated with degenerative dystrophic changes occurring in the cartilage, with the gradual involvement of bone, ligament, synovial tissues in the pathological process. Arthrosis of knee, hip and elbow joints is most common. Main symptoms:
- the main symptom is the pain that occurs when moving or loading a patient's joint;
- gradual limitation of mobility. If the disease does not begin to be treated on time, then the process can quickly progress, which eventually leads to disability.
4. Injuries, bruises, physical overload of joints.
5. Gout is one of the varieties of arthritis.
Joints of hands and feet hurt: what to do?
Let's outline the basic steps that need to be taken consistently in case of articular pain:
1. Before finding out the causes of pain, we must try to provide joints peace.
2. Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug( a list of such drugs is published in our article below).
3. Contact for clarification of the reasons for the pain in the medical institution.
4. Get detailed advice from the doctor regarding the treatment regimen and the medications you need to consume, as well as consult about folk methods of treatment if you are going to apply them.
Treatment of arthritis
Arthritis is most often severe pain in the joints of the hands. What to do in this situation? The patient should understand that the treatment will require a number of complex measures. After all, you need not only to remove the symptomatic pain, but also to slow down the inflammatory process, restore normal blood flow to the affected tissues and cartilages, etc. For this, the doctor can prescribe, in addition to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also the use of antibiotics. We in the framework of this article can bring one excellent recipe from traditional medicine.
With arthritis, honey-cabbage compress helps very well. Do it before bedtime. It is necessary to take a fresh cabbage leaf, heat it, apply a thin layer of honey and apply the smeared side to the sore spot. The top is covered with cellophane, bandaged and wrapped with a warm kerchief made of wool. In the morning the patient will certainly feel relief.
The role of proper nutrition
The joints of the legs and arms often ache due to metabolic disorders in the body. Gout disease is one of the types of arthritis, a frequent companion of modern people, especially it torments the stronger sex. Probably everyone heard of this term: "the deposition of salts in the joints."Some people read that it's all about ordinary table salt, but it's not.
With gout in joints, salts of uric acid are deposited, but this is due to the constant intake of meat, fatty fish and alcohol. Smoking also contributes to the development of the pathological process. If the joints of the fingers and toes are strongly swollen and aching, then, perhaps, discomfort is indicative of gout.
This disease is easier to prevent than cure. The main recommendation for disease prevention is proper nutrition. Nothing complicated: you need to enter into your diet more vegetables, cereals from whole grains, fruits, cottage cheese and give up tobacco and alcohol libations.
Osteoarthritis. Treatment of
Today, quite a lot of people complain that their joints are hurting the arms and legs. What if the pain is caused by arthrosis? Here, too, most likely, not to do without NSAIDs: they will help to quickly alleviate the anguish. Consultation with a doctor is mandatory. It will be necessary to make an x-ray picture - it will help the doctor to determine the degree of destruction of the joints.
In the treatment of arthrosis, along with anti-inflammatory drugs, an important role is played by the use of chondroprotectors( substances that repair articular cartilage)."Artra", "Chondroitin sulfate", "Hondrolone", "Teraflex", "Structum", etc. can be prescribed.
A good alternative natural chondroprotector is a regular gelatin that can be purchased in stores. This product should be diluted in warm water and drunk several times a day. And even for the fastest restoration of cartilage, it is recommended to cook your home jelly or jelly more often, it also contains in large quantities natural substances from which the cartilaginous tissue is built.
Several times when we mention in our article the question "what to do if the joints of the hands and feet hurt," they wrote that the pain sensations and inflammation are good for removing anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroid, abbreviated as NSAIDs. In the treatment of joints, ointments from this group are very effective. Here is a small list of similar medicines:
- "Voltaren gel", etc.
With severe pain, you can not limit yourself to external ointments and take highly effective NSAIDs in the form of tablets or powders:
- "Упсарин УПСА", etc.
In case of not suffering painful articular pains, the physician may consider it necessary to pass the patient to any physical procedures:
- phonophoresis or electrophoresis;
- UV irradiation;
- transcutaneous electrostimulation;
- paraffin baths and applications, etc.
Treatment of joints with ointments prepared according to folk recipes
We continue to consider the main topic of the article: "What if the joints hurt?"Treatment with ointments prepared independently can be an excellent addition to the procedures prescribed by the doctor. What is this money and how to do it?
1. Ointment for rheumatism. To make it, you need 100 grams of mustard powder and 200 g of table salt, which you need to mix with each other, and then add so much kerosene to the resulting mustard-salt mixture to get a mass similar in its density to the country sour cream. The medicine is rubbed into the night for sore spots.
2. Ointment for arthritis from honey and egg yolks. Take egg yolk, a bar of beeswax( small) and 1 tbsp.l.honey. First, the yolk is heated in a water bath, into which the wax is then crumbled and honey is poured in. Everything is mixed to make a homogeneous ointment. For the application, a piece of gauze folded in several layers is taken, a hot mass is laid on it, and in this form the drug is applied to the joint and properly fixed with a bandage.
3. Ointment for the treatment of joints with arthrosis. Take in equal shares the leaves of the nettle, juniper berries( green) and sheep butter. Berries and leaves are well ground in a mortar and then combined with oil. Ready ointment should be rubbed into the joints in the mornings and evenings.
Treatment with activated carbon
There is a simple but effective way to treat joints with gout. This requires activated carbon. From this remedy you will need to make a paste. This is done as follows: tablets from several packets of coal are ground into a powder, which is added a little water and 1 tbsp.a spoon of chopped flaxseed. After thorough mixing, the paste smears a sick joint for the night, after which it is bandaged and wrapped up warmer until the morning.
Here is another excellent folk method of healing, if the joints of the legs and arms hurt. Causes and treatment of many diseases we have already discussed and found out that different diseases and treatment should be different. But there is a recipe that is almost universal: compresses, baths, clay wraps that can be used for arthrosis, arthritis, and rheumatic pain. Clay perfectly soothes pain, relieves inflammation and swelling, sucks toxins out of the body, etc.
Physical training and sports: benefit or harm for joints
Those who are too keen on sports loads often suffer from joint pain. What if the knees and ankles ache after long exhausting runs that seem to take place in the name of health? For a start, revise your lifestyle. Any excesses are harmful - this statement can be attributed to sports.
In order to relieve yourself of the feeling of constant discomfort in the area of the joints of the legs, sometimes a person can just reduce physical activity. For jogging, jogging or walking( for older people), morning exercises, yoga, swimming is good. Of all these joints are unlikely to get sick. On the contrary, such physical education will fill them with strength and endurance.
We hope that the information given in the article will help those who suffer from pain in the joints of the hands and feet. Diseases and methods of treatment, folk recipes and a list of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - all of these materials were carefully studied before and then placed on public display. Use this information on health, and let your joints always be normal!
Why pain and swelling of the joints of the hands and feet
Ancient wisdom says: "Movement is life."In the life of many people this saying becomes important. Diseases of skeletal structures, which include joints, - the main reason for persistent disability.
Periodic joint pain is experienced by almost two-thirds of the population. And 25% of people have an already established diagnosis of articular pathology. With age, this figure is growing. In the age group over 70 years old, 97% have certain arthropathies. Often, disability results in the defeat of wrist joints: wrists, metacarpophalangeal, interphalangeal.
Basic concepts of
The task of a true joint( there are also false ones) is to provide freedom of movement within certain limits. For this, the articulations have: an
- joint head;
- articular fossa;
- joint cavity;
- articular capsule;
- auxiliary elements( intraarticular ligaments, menisci, additional bones);
The surfaces of bones rubbing during movements are covered with hyaline cartilage, which is washed with synovial fluid and makes movements free and painless. Normal location relative to each other( congruence), head and pits, determines the degree of freedom inherent in each individual articulation. A vivid example is the knee and wrist.
If the first can move only in the frontal plane, then the second joint has much more degrees of freedom. The degree of motion of articular surfaces relative to each other is called physiological and is measured in degrees. The reason for its reduction is always the disease of the joint itself and( or) adjacent( periarticular) tissues.
In the humeral articulation, the joint is formed by two bones( humerus and scapula), in the joint of the wrist only bones of the wrist seven.
The general name for conditions in which the joints of the hands and feet ache are arthropathies. Each has its own reasons for a similar clinical picture. But the overall result is a lack of joint function. That's why these diseases are united in one group.
Any part of the joint can be affected. Over time, the production of synovial fluid decreases and the articular cartilage is erased, which leads to arthrosis. Inflammatory processes( both infectious and aseptic) involve the connective tissue of the joint bag, leading to bursitis.
There is also the transition of the pathological process from adjacent areas of bone or soft tissue. The reverse process is also possible.
The child's own features. The most frequent is dysplasia( disruption of normal development) of the hip joints. Juvenile arthritis - acquired pathology, in which the joints and organs of the child suffer.
Classification and varieties of
The list of the most common articular pathologies includes such diseases:
- Reiter syndrome;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- is psoriatic arthritis.
Common manifestations are pain, often joints swell. Although there are nosologies in which the pain syndrome or swelling is not expressed. Classical pentad inflammation( local hyperthermia, redness, pain, swelling and impaired function) is common, but not always.
Deformation is inherent in all nosological units. But here there are nuances that are better left to the specialist. If joints began to hurt, at home, you can only carry out a superficial self-diagnosis.
Assess mobility. Deviations from the physiological range of movements can be identified quite easily. Is there pain and stiffness? The nature of pain: acute or aching? Cracking and crunching when moving? Puffiness of the joint or several? Deformation?
|Criteria||Osteoarthritis||Rheumatoid arthritis||Syndrome Reiter||Gout||Ankylosing spondylitis( Bechterew's disease)|
|Etiology||Destruction of articular cartilage||nonspecific inflammation||Infectious process||Report exchanging uric acid||Autoimmune mechanism|
|Properties in||population More common in women||Nogender dependence||Most often the men are sick||Young men are more often sick|
|Reasons||Trauma. Decreased production or increased reabsorption of synovial fluid. Dystrophic changes of articular cartilage||Autoimmune conditions. Inflammation of connective tissue components of the joint with transition to joint surfaces||Chronic intoxication with microbial antigens||Hyperuricemia||Formation of joint ankylosis due to autoimmune process|
|Symptoms of|| 1. Sick, then after a while, the |
2. The most heavily burdened in
( hip, knee).The wrists are not affected.
3. Severe pain and violation of
functions are caused by friction of the head of the bone against the joint fossa.
4. Often develops in
age patients, with excessive body weight.
5. By the end of the day, the pain of
and stiffness in the joint are mounting.
6. Is an independent
| 1. Edema and pain occur |
joints of the upper extremities( brushes, elbows, interphalangeal joints) are affected.
3. Pain and impaired function of
are caused by edema of periarticular tissues, ligamentous apparatus of brushes.
4. More common in young
people. For the first time can be diagnosed in a child.
5. Stiffness of movements in
of affected joints since morning.
6. May be a symptom of
| 1. The urological infection accompanies the |
is affected by the genitourinary organs and eyes.
most often suffer joints of the feet and tendon of the calcaneus. Wrists are intact.
4. It is more often detected in
at a young age.
5. Arthritis bears the character of
of an acute disease with a pentad of inflammation.
6. Accompanying the
| 1. The onset of a sudden, |
2. Severe pain in the
phalange of one foot.
lesion of one metatarsophalangeal joint, more often - right. Wrists are intact.
4. Age in 40 years.
5. Pain of acute
6. The manifestation of
| 1. The onset of a sudden, |
2. Severe pain in the
phalange of one foot.
lesion of one metatarsophalangeal joint, more often - right. Wrists are intact.
4. Age in 40 years.
5. Pain of acute
6. The manifestation of
hyperuricemia.1. Gradual hidden
2. Increased pain and
stiffness in one half of the back.
is affected by the vertebral column, lumbosacral articulation. Wrists are intact.
4. Start more often in the
5. The main manifestation of
is the growing stiffness.
6. Consequence of the
|Instrumental and laboratory data of|| 1. Blood tests do not have significant deviations. |
2. The radiological picture depends on the stage, the changes are revealed in the initial stages.
| 1. In blood tests - inflammatory changes, acute phase reactions. |
2. X-ray picture in the initial stages of specific features does not.
| 1. In the analysis of blood - inflammatory reactions. Informative studies on chlamydial antigens. |
2. Radiological picture with adequate treatment is not changed.
| 1. Biochemical |
blood test reveals an elevated uric acid content.
osteolysis of the epiphysis of the bone.
| 1. Useful for |
is the study of the histocompatibility antigen HLA B27.
2. X-ray -
manifestations of increasing ankylosis.
|Exodus||Steady progression, deformation of joints and bone tissue, the need for prosthetics.||Recurrent course with periods of remission. Lesions of the bone are rare.||Recovery with adequate treatment of underlying pathology.||Continuous treatment of uric acid exchange provides a favorable course.||Steady progression. Treatment and gymnastics postpone disability.|
These symptoms are enough to organize a visit to the doctor. The specialist will be able to establish a reliable diagnosis. Despite the fact that, at first glance, nothing particularly difficult, but for all people the body has its own characteristics, this applies to every child.
A separate nosological unit can manifest itself with a lesion of the interphalangeal junctions of the right or left hand with the preservation of the wrist function. Depending on the age, the course of the same disease varies. The adult has one picture, the child has another. Without analyzing a large amount of data, it is very easy to make a mistake in the diagnosis and engage in meaningless and harmful self-medication.
This group includes pathological conditions, synonymous with osteoarthritis, arthrosis.
The disease is widespread. Osteoarthritis is 60-70% of all joint diseases. Knee and hip joints are more often affected. The basis of etiology is the wear of the articular cartilage. Lesions of small joints( brushes, feet) are not characteristic.
In the pathogenesis is a violation of the regeneration of hyaline cartilage. The main reasons:
- Sex( women suffer more often).
- Genetic predisposition.
- Metabolic disorders.
Cartilage degradation products cause autoimmune reactions. That is why the synovitis subsequently joins.
This is a systemic disease. It wears an autoimmune character. The basis is the imbalance of B- and T-lymphocytes, the synthesis of antibodies to the synovial membrane proteins of the joint begins. In this case, almost all links of humoral immunity are involved in the mechanism. As a result, the parts of the joint degenerate into a connective tissue structure - pannus. This leads to irreversible changes in articular cartilage, then - bones.
The development of symptoms ranges from several weeks to several months. In 80% of patients, the prodromal period includes a catarrhal disease( sore throat, flu, sinusitis), which often happens in a child. In adults, there may be an exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis.
Symptoms of joint damage occur after 1-2 weeks. Typically symmetrical lesion of small joints of the hand and foot. These are II-III metacarpophalangeal and II-V metatarsophalangeal joints.
Rheumatoid arthritis is undulating. Symptoms can arbitrarily regress, repeated attacks inevitably affect the new joints of the hand, which leads to a persistent deformation. Characteristic of the deterioration depending on the season.
Secondary signs of a systemic disease. This is a defeat of the muscles, skin, lungs. Regarding the heart - the valve apparatus is damaged due to aseptic endocarditis. This pathology often occurs asymptomatically and is detected by careful examination. Often accidentally found in a child or adolescent, although it occurs in adults. That is why it is so important to have a comprehensive examination with a pediatrician.
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis deserves special attention. The main criterion is development in a child under 16 years old. In the beginning there is a monoarthritis( most often - the knee joint), accompanied by the involvement of the eyes( iridocyclitis, keratitis) and skin manifestations( eruptions by the type of erythematous-macular dermatitis).This variant of RA has a favorable course and rarely leads to serious disorders of the child's health. The defeat of the hands with adequate treatment does not occur.
One of the severe options of JRA is Still's disease. Clinical manifestations are intense. Polyarthritis with lesions of large and small joints, sometimes - wrists from one side. The general condition of the child is broken: fever, malaise, skin symptoms. Changes in the internal organs - an increase in the liver and spleen, later - endocarditis, pericarditis, other serosites. The course is relapsing, remissions are short-lived. In 30% of cases leads to ankylosis.
Comparative characteristics of the most common arthropathies( Table 1)
- Treatment of arthropathy should be carried out only on the basis of a comprehensive examination of the patient. Despite the apparent generality of the symptoms, it can be seen that the causes of arthropathies vary greatly. Accordingly, and treatment every time you need to select adequate.
- Osteoarthritis is treated by restoring trophic tissue, reducing body weight. In the treatment of arthritis on the first place are cytostatics. Reiter's syndrome is generally treated with antimicrobial agents. With gout - diet and "Allopurinol."Bechterew's disease is an indication for polypragmosis, drugs from several groups are prescribed.
- Wellness gymnastics also need to know how to use, so as not to harm. Therefore, timely access to a specialist is important.
- This is a guarantee of preserving the quality of life at the usual level.
- Rheumatology: national guidelines / ed. E.L.Nasonova, V.A.Nasonova, 2008
- Clinical Diagnosis of Joint Diseases / M. Doherty D. Doherty, 1993
- Lecture Course on Internal Diseases / V.I.Vishnevsky, 2012
Joints of feet hurt: the reasons and treatment, the defeat of the thumb
Why aching joints of the feet? Why does every second person face such a problem? Is it possible that a person is to blame for the occurrence of many causes of these pains? Let's look at it together.
One of the main properties of our body is the ability to move in space, which occurs with the help of the musculoskeletal system. And we need to understand that these are not separate bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons - this is a complex system, the result of which depends on each "cog" in it. If at least one of them fails, and there are pains in the joints of the legs - you need to immediately begin treatment. If we could daily see figuratively the work that our feet do, then, probably, we would be impressed and learned how to take care of them. After all, they are experiencing enormous loads every day!
Every day our feet perform a great job, and they should be taken care of
Possible diseases, their causes
There are several pathologies in which large joints of the legs are affected and the joints of the toes are hurt. The most common are arthrosis( osteoarthritis), arthritis and gout.
Causes of osteoarthritis:
large mechanical stress;
congenital anomalies and injuries;
endocrine disorders, a deficiency of hormones;
- Metabolic disorders.
- Dysfunction of endocrine glands.
- Infectious diseases, chlamydial infection.
The causes of rheumatoid arthritis have not been studied to the end. With this disease, the immune system for some reason begins to produce antibodies to the articular membranes of their own organism, causing their inflammation.
The causes of gout can be:
- consumed in excess of meat products,
- impairment of uric acid metabolism,
- excess weight,
- hereditary predisposition.
Characteristics and treatment of the main pathologies
From the above it is clear that if you are concerned about pain in the joints of the legs - their treatment will be different depending on the specific pathology and the reasons for its occurrence. And for the therapy to be adequate and effective, you need to turn in time to the doctor, and not look for a panacea on the Internet or with neighbor's grandmothers. The doctor will conduct a qualified examination and prescribe a comprehensive treatment.
Let us consider in more detail the diseases that most often affect the joints of the legs.
Osteoarthritis affects mainly large joints: hip( coxarthrosis) and knee( gonarthrosis).
In the early stages of coxarthrosis, patients are concerned about walking pain that spreads to the groin area. After a short rest, all the unpleasant sensations disappear. As the disease progresses, the pain becomes permanent, and every movement begins to cause discomfort. In the third stage of osteoarthritis, the hip joint( abbreviated to TBS) loses its mobility.
Symptoms of gonarthrosis also develop gradually. Initially, a person is concerned about passing pains in the knee area, which increase after physical exertion. In the second stage of the ailment, the pain sensations become more intense, the joint begins to deform, the volume of movements is limited. At the third stage, the knee loses its function: the pain becomes almost intolerable, the mobility is sharply limited, the limbs are severely deformed.
Osteoarthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint on the frequency of onset comes to the third position after coxarthrosis and gonarthrosis. It can be due to congenital deformity of the thumb or its prolonged traumatism.
At the initial stage of the ailment, the pain in the joints of the toes appears only after physical exertion, and movements may cause a crunch. Gradually, the pain increases, and the crunching becomes more intense. Deformation of the foot is possible: the first finger deviates, as if floating on the second. A characteristic manifestation of the disease is the bulging bone on the inner surface of the foot. The mobility of the affected joint is markedly reduced, the patient can not wear narrow shoes or on the heel. Often the motor function is lost completely - then you have to use special means for movement( walking sticks, crutches or a walker).
Treatment is primarily aimed at the removal of pain, inflammation and improvement of the motor function of the affected joint. To do this, use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) in the form of injections, ointments, use various methods of physiotherapy.
Rheumatoid arthritis very often affects the small joints of the hands and feet. The illness proceeds very hard, when treated, it affects both the immune system and the local inflammatory process. Depending on the patient's condition, the doctor selects the appropriate drugs: immunosuppressants, immunostimulants, NSAIDs.
When there is inflammation and pain in the joints of the toes - the therapeutic effect must first of all be aimed at eliminating the cause of the pathology. In the presence of infectious diseases, it is first necessary to eliminate these pathologies, and only then to conduct treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs.
In case of lesions of large joints of the legs( hip and knee) along with local symptoms of arthritis( pain in the affected area, swelling, redness of the skin), common symptoms of intoxication often arise: increased body temperature, chills, severe weakness, headache, lack of appetite. Treatment in such cases also consists in eliminating the causes of arthritis, reducing pain symptoms and inflammation.
In the photo - a foot affected by rheumatoid arthritis
If there is pain in the joints of the toes, you can suspect gout.
In the process of vital activity, so-called purines are formed in the liver, from which uric acid is chemically produced. Usually it is excreted from the body with urine, but in violation of purine metabolism, part of it remains in the body, concentrates, and salts of uric acid are formed. They are the cause of gout.
The onset of the disease is asymptomatic, but when uric acid begins to crystallize, severe pains arise that can easily exhaust the patient, especially at night. Usually the first metatarsophalangeal joint of the big toe is affected, which swells, swells and becomes very painful. Sometimes, even an easy sheet touches him with unbearable pain. Body temperature during a gout attack rises to 37-38 degrees.
Much less likely primary damage to the ankle or knee joint. In this case, all the symptoms of gouty arthritis will be localized in these areas.
Treatment of gout is quite effective and is aimed at reducing the level of uric acid in the body. Drugs increase the excretion of uric acid salts, and pain in the joints of the toes decreases.
Often leg joint pains are the result of injuries: damage to ligaments, joint capsule and cartilage. In the case of injuries, the pain is felt at rest and increases with movement, the skin turns red, the affected area swells.
Within a day after the injury, ice is periodically applied to the damaged joint through clothing for 15-20 minutes. The next day, you should apply warm compresses - this helps improve blood circulation and the rapid recovery of articular tissues. You can use anesthetic ointments( Diclofenac, Indomethacin).If the pain is very acute, the articular contours are changed - this can mean a dislocation or fracture, in which case it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor.
With flat feet, fatigue and pain in the joints of the legs quickly appear. For treatment it is necessary to abandon narrow shoes and high heels, do special exercises, wear orthopedic insoles.
With flat feet it is important to wear the correct orthopedic shoes
What can be summarized? Man himself disposes of his life and its priceless gift - health. The one who dismisses the first "swallows" of diseases, ignores the pain in the joints of the legs, continues to lead a habitual way of life and does not want to change anything - is doomed to the negative consequences of such indifference. Articular diseases often lead to deformity and even complete immobility of limbs, and a person can lose the ability to work and the joy of freedom of movement.
Therefore, preventive measures can not be ignored. It is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, give up harmful habits, do not overcool, exercise, often visit the open air and try not to injure your joints. Then they will last very long.
Our diet is also important: very often an unbalanced diet becomes the culprit of many health problems. Refusal of a large number of sweets, fatty foods, alcohol significantly improves the prognosis, in fact, with any pathology of the body. In the menu must be present fresh vegetables and fruits, sea fish, lean meat, dairy and sour-milk products.
Love and protect your feet, they are given to us for life!
What should I do when my joints hurt?
Pain in the joints of the legs and other joints is one of the common complaints not only of people of the older age group. They often disturb young, physically healthy persons and even children. At first glance, there is nothing unusual in this symptom, as almost every person has to feel joint pain. But is this really so?. . This article is devoted to the main aspects of joint pain, drawing a line between regular and pathological articular pain, and also methods of fighting it.
It all depends on the cause. ..
Pain is the first alert about the presence of problems in the body. Speaking about joint pain, one must understand that the originator of its appearance can be a number of pathological conditions. Their treatment can differ significantly, which depends on the localization of the pathological process, its stage, time and causes, previous treatment, individual features of the functioning of the whole organism and associated diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the causal disease or the mechanism of the occurrence of pain before doing something and doing it for the treatment of pain in the joints.
It's important to remember! Clarifying the cause of joint pain is the first step towards successful treatment. At the first stage of treatment, it is sufficient to determine the mechanism for triggering pain impulses( inflammation, destruction, or traumatic damage to the joint structures).In the future, it is necessary to find out a specific disease and purposeful therapy is prescribed!
In the role of the culprit of pain in the joints may be:
- Inflammatory processes of the joint components: arthritis and half-arthritis of any location and origin( reactive, post-traumatic, rheumatoid, rheumatic, gouty, infectious);
- Degenerative-dystrophic changes - premature loss of intraarticular cartilage normal characteristics in osteoarthritis, which sooner or later becomes deforming;
- Traumatic injuries of intraarticular and periarticular structures: bruises, fractures, hemarthroses, sprains and ruptures of ligaments, muscles, tendons, osteoepiphiseolysis( marginal rupture of bony projections to which muscles are attached in the joint region);
- Inflammatory-degenerative changes of periarticular structures: periarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, epicondylitis, osteomyelitis;
- Secondary joint damage in diseases of various internal organs and systems: leukemia, systemic diseases( scleroderma, lupus, thrombocytopenia), intoxication and poisoning.
In fact, articular pain can be the only signal of pathology caused not only by damage to structures of painful articulation, but also closely located and distant tissues. Therefore, if the pain is of an intense nature and persists for a long time, there should be no attempt at self-treatment. It is necessary to consult a specialist. Chronic correctable pain, the cause of which is clearly known, can be treated independently. But to prevent the progression of pathology, which is their cause, it is desirable to coordinate the treatment with a doctor.
Basics of joint pain
Treatment tactic is identical if joint pains occur against the background of complete well-being and the most probable cause is not known, or are evidence of another exacerbation of the existing pathology. Such patients with the inability to visit a specialist on a timely basis should know the principles of undifferentiated medical tactics. They include:
- Gentle mode. Affected joints should remain in a state of functional rest. This goal can be achieved with the help of different types of immobilization: hard bandages( Scotchkite, gypsum) and soft elastic compressive devices( bandages, orthoses).
- Cold impacts. They are indicated for acutely arisen joint pains, caused by trauma. Chronic degenerative processes, and even more so arthritis, are a contraindication for cold treatment.
- Thermal procedures. One of the main and favorite methods of treatment of joints, which are long hurting. The only restriction for its use is purulent arthritis or the initial stages of acute inflammatory diseases, the early post-traumatic period. Anesthetics. Are shown, if only the joints began to hurt, or hurt for a long time any joints. But the appointment of analgesics requires a competent approach and differentiated use.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. The administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of injections or their use in oral forms( tablets, capsules, powders) is indicated in all cases of joint pain. These drugs, in addition to the anti-inflammatory effect, have a powerful enough analgesic. If it is necessary to intensify the relief of inflammatory reactions, glucocorticoids are indicated.
- Use of ointments( gels) based on NSAIDs and chondroprotectors. As an independent method of treatment, it has minimal effectiveness. In combination with other components of the treatment complex provide a good result.
- Local manipulation on the joints. The use of intraarticular and periarticular injections of anti-inflammatory drugs according to indications always brings a positive therapeutic effect. This manipulation is most indicated for pain in large joints.
- Use of chondroprotectors( teraflex, syngial, noltrex, moveks, arthron).Preparations to strengthen articular cartilage have a positive restorative, but not analgesic effect. Due to their high cost, they should be prescribed strictly according to indications, which are chronic inflammatory-degenerative diseases of the joints alone.
- Treatment with folk remedies. As an independent method is effective for minor pathological changes in tissues. Therefore, to do on it the main emphasis in the treatment of joint pain is not worth it. Rational use of traditional medicine means their inclusion in the composition of therapeutic measures as an auxiliary method. This is especially true in patients with chronic joint diseases, requiring systematic administration of medications.
It's important to remember! The basis for a differentiated choice of a curative program with this or that type of joint pain is not only the type of pathological process, but also its localization!
How to deal with joint damage
If the patient has joints of the hands( fingers and wrists) on one or both sides, this is often a sign of polyarthritis. It can have different origins( rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc.).In any case, such a complaint is the reason for seeking specialized medical care. All that is advisable at the prehospital stage is the administration of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs( ketans, dexalgin, diclofenac, movalis, ibuprofen).
Basics of Elbow Pain Treatment
Conditions in which elbow joints hurt can be associated with acute and chronic ulnar arthritis, bursitis, epicondylitis, posttraumatic arthrosis. To exclude severe pathology, it is best to perform an X-ray study, on the basis of which further therapeutic tactics are formed. The undifferentiated approach assumes immobilization and introduction of NSAIDs. With epicondylitis and bursitis, local therapy is performed by injecting glucocorticoids( hydrocortisone, diprospan) into painful points in the joint region. Suppurated inflammation of the joints of the elbows presupposes surgical treatment in the amount of opening and draining of the abscess.
Fixation of the diseased joint - the basis of the undifferentiated treatment of joint pain
What is said by the shoulder joint pain, and how to be
The joint of the shoulder, formed by the connection of the head of the humerus and the articular cavity of the scapula, is the most mobile. In this regard, there are many auxiliary structures around it that facilitate the execution of movements. Pain in the shoulder joint is most often due to periarthritis, which involves certain elements of the capsular-ligament apparatus in the inflammatory process. The second most frequent cause is the consequences of chronic trauma( dislocations, fractures) and osteoarthritis. Therefore, the correct medical tactics involves resting the joint, the introduction of anti-inflammatory and analgesics, physiotherapy( UHF, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, shock wave therapy).Due to the large volume of articulation of the shoulder, it is possible to perform intra-articular injection of chondroprotectors( syngial, naltrex) and periarticular injections of glucocorticoids.
Pain in ankle and joints of feetWe advise you to read: Why are the ankles hurt?
Defeat of the joints of the foot( interphalangeal, metatarsophalangeal and tarsus) is evidence of polyarthritis. Most often it is caused by gouty inflammation. The diagnosis must be specified. Such patients are shown the administration of NSAIDs( indomethacin, ibuprofen, nimesil), compresses based on dimexide( 1: 3).Do not neglect the examination and targeted specialized treatment, as this will lead to the progression of the underlying disease.
Ankle joint more often hurts as a result of injuries( fresh and chronic), as well as deforming osteoarthritis. A little less pain is provoked by various types of polyarthritis. The principles of treatment of ankle diseases assume its immobilization, physiotherapeutic procedures and dimexide compresses, systemic( tablets and injections) administration of anti-inflammatory drugs. X-rays must be performed to exclude traumatic injuries to the ankles and intra-articular fractures.
Tactics for pain in the knee joints
Among all joints of the musculoskeletal system, knee joints often hurt. The main cause of their defeat is osteoarthritis. On the second place there are old traumatic ruptures of menisci and ligaments. Arthritis is a little less frequent. In view of this morbidity structure, treatment at the first stage of medical care should be based on the principles of adequate immobilization( best with the help of knee pads and orthoses), the introduction of anti-inflammatory drugs, intra-articular manipulation( injections of glucocorticoids and chondroprotectors).To some patients, only arthroscopic surgical treatment and endoprosthetics can help. As an additional method, physiotherapy is used.
Knee joint is one of the most common sources of pain
Treatment of hip pain
The hip joint is a large joint with a relatively small articular cavity. Therefore, in the treatment of his pathology, intraarticular manipulations are rarely used. The most common cause of pain is arthrosis-arthritis. Treatment should be comprehensive. It is appointed exclusively by a specialist and may include NSAIDs, thermal procedures, exercise therapy, chondroprotective therapy. Decompensated cases of osteoarthritis require surgical treatment in the volume of endoprosthetics( replacing a pathologically altered joint with an artificial prosthesis).
It's important to remember! The longer and more painful joints( or one joint), the more pronounced it pathological changes. Therefore, you should not try to get rid of the pain yourself. Only timely correct treatment will help to maintain joint health!
With age, many begin to "squeak", becoming a subject for jokes. Even if the suffering party laughs, this can be a serious problem. Therefore, when the joints of the hands and feet ache, put off the humor. Before applying pain medication, find out what caused that.
Joints: what pain
Limited mobility of limbs, joint pain can become persistent persecutors. To the question: "What to do in this situation?", Most of the time, people read a list of tablets, ointments that relieve symptoms. They can not cure the disease. A professional medical diagnosis will be the beginning to alleviate the situation.
There are diseases that affect the joints of the hands and feet. The most common are arthritis, arthrosis, gout.
The nature of the disease is often an infectious penetration directly into the joint tissue. Arthritis is manifested as an exacerbation of diseases such as rheumatism, psoriasis. The cause for the disease can serve as metabolic disorders of the body.
Symptomatic of acute arthritis - severe pain, inflammation, edema of the affected area, temperature. Arthritis affects the small joints of the hands and feet. However, they carry a heavy load, perform a significant part of the damping functions. Therefore, the defeat of tissues by infection is complicated by the inability to keep the joints at rest for a long time.
Are the joints worn out? Get a diagnosis of arthrosis. You feed the body wrongly? Get up in the numerous rows of people suffering from various manifestations of ailment. With arthrosis, we can say that the joints fall apart, not getting the proper make-up.
The exact degree of the lesion will be determined by the doctor. Symptoms that indicate arthrosis - painful movements during exercise, probably a swelling of the area near the damaged joint, muscle tissues are in a solid, stressed state. Over time, the cartilage undergoes considerable deformation.
Most often it is a disease of the big toe, which eventually affects the joints of the upper limbs. It stands apart, has a pronounced masculine character. The risk group consists of representatives of the strong half who like to indulge in alcohol, adore meat, using it in large quantities. The female half of the disease can overtake after 40 years, during the menopause."Pill" for the disease can serve as postoperative complications, various injuries of the hands, legs, excessive load on the limbs.
The main manifestation is pain, shooting, sharp. Joints can "glow", manifesting with external redness on the skin. Most often, seizures overtake at night. Another symptom is an unpleasant twitching tingling in the joints.
To blow on the "burning" joint is meaningless. The pain can be removed. But this is temporary. What to do, so that the seizures do not recur, there was a squeak, could it be easy to move again? To the doctor! Do not postpone until the next painful date. There are general recommendations for joint diseases. But everyone has their own characteristics.
Non-steroidal preparations are used for diagnoses that are characterized by inflammatory and degenerative processes. A significant part of the healing process of the initial stages of ailments is occupied by physiotherapy procedures, special gymnastics classes.
Doctors recommend that citizens affected by arthritis not only use medicines. It is desirable to revise the way of life, primarily nutrition. Down with the habit of harmful, overcooked food, the abundance of salt in the dishes. The first friends are proteins, fiber.
In acute forms without medication is indispensable.
In complex treatment there are ointments with analgesics, warming up, anti-inflammatory. Also, many recommendations are given by doctors on folk remedies. Garlic spirit tincture, sea salt, fir oil - means that have long proven their healing properties.
Muscle tone, restoration of joint tissue characterize gymnastics as a successful element of complex treatment of arthritis. In addition, it is a good means of preventing an ailment. The use of chondroprotectors is recommended. If there are no contraindications, the physiotherapy apparatus will contribute to the cure. Step one - it is necessary to eliminate pain in the joints.
Strong thrill is removed by blockade with anesthetics. This helps not only to get rid of the pain. Falls swelling, swelling, movement becomes more free.
The fight against arthrosis is the restoration of normal blood circulation. Therefore, the second step is vitamin make-up( group B).The inflow and "live" movement of blood in the area of damaged joints will provide creams, ointments of warming action. The third step is physio-cabinet. More precisely, electrophoresis, ultrasound procedures. At home, you can apply compresses with medicinal products, folk, pharmacological.
Will fix the result in time of the spent therapeutic procedures in a complex - a recovery course in special health resorts.
Based on the factors that are conducive to an ailment, it becomes clear that it is necessary to begin not only with anesthetization of joints. Time sits on a diet. Fat food is better to refuse. The list includes smoked products, conservation. Meat is only boiled and low in fat, only 300 grams per week. What's with the salt? Also exclude whenever possible. More dairy products, cereals, vegetables should be included in the diet.
Drugs used to treat gout, should help reduce uric acid in the body. Traditional medicine used such means as cowberry infusion, decoction of birch, nettle juice. Recommended herbal baths, lubrication of affected areas with animal fats.
Treat joints on time, correctly, on the advice of a doctor!
Author of the article:
Pain in the joints of the fingers and toes
Joint diseases are very common in modern society. With age, the risk of their appearance increases, there is stiffness, pain, restrictions in movement. Many people get used to such feelings so much that they do not attach importance to it, although in fact the pain in the joints of the fingers or toes is an alarming sign with which it is necessary to turn to the doctor.
Pain in the joints of the fingers: possible causes of
There are many causes of the appearance of tenderness in the joints of the fingers:
- psoriatic arthritis.
Pain in the joints of the fingers with rheumatoid arthritis
In rheumatoid arthritis, small joints are symmetrically affected. The disease manifests itself in the morning stiffness in the joints, involving in the pathological process of hands, feet, wrists, elbows, knees. Inside the joints accumulates exudate, there is swelling, there is a local hyperemia.
Pain in the joints of the fingers in rheumatoid arthritis is combined with motor limitations, joint deformities, contractures, which, without treatment, leads to an alirozirovaniyu, partial or complete immobility( in the absence of effective treatment).
Pain in the joints of the fingers with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the spine is often accompanied by shooting pains in the spine, which are often given to the feet, hands and fingers and resemble articular pain. In fact, unpleasant sensations arise due to pinching of nerve endings with bone outgrowths and fragments of intervertebral discs.
When pinching the nerve roots of the sixth and seventh cervical vertebra, pain occurs in the joint of the thumb, neck and arm. With the defeat of the eighth vertebra, characteristic lumbago sensations appear in the neck, radiating into the little finger of the upper limbs.
Pain in the joints of the fingers with gout
With gout, deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints and kidneys is noted. At the heart of this disease are metabolic disorders. As a rule, gout is diagnosed in men after 40 years. Exacerbation of the disease occurs against the background of hypothermia, alcohol abuse or fatty foods. Gout is characterized by damage to the joint structures, as a rule, pain in the joints of the toes, more often in the area of the thumb, in the knees.
The uncomfortable sensations are so strong that patients can not fall asleep at night and calmly work during the day. The disease is exhausting. Affected joints swell, blush, there is a restriction of mobility. Pain is strongest at night.
Methods for diagnosis of pain in joints:
- biochemical blood test;
- kidney ultrasound;
- magnetic resonance imaging of joints.
Pain in the joints of the fingers requires consultation of a rheumatologist and traumatologist. When you contact a doctor, you will be given a comprehensive examination, the results of which will be diagnosed. Therapeutic measures are selected depending on the causative disease and the severity of clinical symptoms.
Pain in the joints of the fingers: treatment features of
Pain in the fingers and toes occurs most often with gout, rheumatoid arthritis, arthrosis, and treatment requires complex measures. To stop the pain, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anesthetics and medications that repair damaged cartilage cells are used.
With gout, patients adhere to a strict diet that excludes the use of meat, fish dishes, offal, alcoholic products. A therapy is being carried out to accelerate the excretion of uric acid from the body and reduce its synthesis by the use of uricosuric agents. Food for gout should be light, with a predominant content of carbohydrate products, a decrease in the amount of salt consumed and an increase in the drinking regime.
When a large number of intraarticular effusions are accumulated, it is removed by puncture. During the treatment of gout, visits to baths and saunas are prohibited, and hypothermia should be avoided. Physiotherapeutic manipulations are carried out only at the stage of remission.
In rheumatoid arthritis, in addition to anti-inflammatory therapy and intra-articular blockades, innovative methods are used: stem cell therapy, extracorporal hemocorrection( blood treatment outside the human body) aimed at purifying the body of toxic substances and components that cause the infectious inflammatory damage of the joints.
A good therapeutic effect for arthritis is a special therapeutic exercise, balneotherapy, soothing water procedures. Sometimes, restoration of the functional abilities of the joints requires surgical interventions( arthroscopy, endoprosthesis surgery).
Folk methods for the treatment of joint pain
- Tincture from inflorescences of lilacs. During the flowering of the lilac gather flowers, rinse, dry a little and fill them with a bottle of dark glass. Pour the raw material to the edge with quality vodka and close. Let the mixture infuse in a dark place for 2-3 weeks. Every day, shake the bottle well. After the expiration of the period strain the tincture and use to rub the sick joints before bed.
- Make honey applications on the inflamed joints. You can mix honey with diluted alcohol or vodka.
- Wash the walnut septums with vodka and put them on a cool, darkened place for 14 days. The finished product is filtered and consumed before each meal for 20-30 minutes for several months.
- Dissolve a handful of sea salt in 1 liter of water and mix well. Separately, connect 90 ml of ammonia and a tablespoon of camphor alcohol. Mix the resulting mixture and shake. Close the container with the product and shake for a long time until the characteristic white flakes disappear. When there is pain in the joints of the fingers, make compresses from the prepared medicine, covering the cheesecloth, moistened in a warm medium with plastic wrap or warming cloth.
- Fresh cabbage leaves, smeared with honey, apply to sick joints for the night, wrapping them with elastic bandage. From above you can tie a limb with a warm knitted scarf.
- Trays for hands and feet with sea salt. Do them in the evenings. They soothe, relieve pain, help you fall asleep quickly. In them you can drip some anti-inflammatory essential oils( tea tree, basil, nutmeg, sage, cloves, eucalyptus).They are good antioxidants and excellent relax.
Pain in the joints of the fingers can indicate the development of dangerous diseases, which often lead to disability or severe restrictions in movement. Timely medical help will avoid surgical intervention and complications, so do not engage in self-treatment, and if you have uncomfortable sensations and stiffness in the joints, contact the doctors immediately.
Joint hand pain is one of the most common causes that leads a patient to a rheumatologist. The hands and all their "component parts" are unique, capable of withstanding enormous loads. But some diseases and factors can cause damage to the joints of the hands and significantly reduce mobility.
Pain syndrome in the joints of the hand can easily deprive a person of the ability to perform simple work and household needs. Diseases that can cause a similar effect are very common. All the prerequisites that lead to such a defeat can be divided into two categories: inflammation and mechanical damage.
- Pain, which is caused by the presence of inflammation in the hands, is characterized by a feeling of stiffness, which stops with pain when moving. Inflammation is accompanied by swelling and a strong reddening of the skin above the hearth.
- Mechanical injuries and injuries tend to cause pain when moving with arms or shoulders. The state of relief comes only when the movement stops. Pain syndrome is not complicated by a feeling of numbness or stiffness.
Causes of pain in the joints of the hands
Pain manifestations most often indicate a possible disease of the joints of the fingers. Very often it is the nature of the pain manifestation that allows the doctor to conclude that there is a particular disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
This is an autoimmune disorder in which the body's own defense system fails and begins to perceive cells of its own organism as foreign. The result is that the joints of the hands begin to gradually break down, there are tumors and swelling of the phenomenon. Rheumatoid arthritis very often appears in old age, but can appear from 25 to 30 years. Such a defeat has a symmetrical development, that is, two joints are affected by the same joints. With the passage of time, there is a distortion and deformation of the joints.
Those who are in the diet adhere to frequent consumption of fatty meat, over time, increased deposition of salts of uric acid in the joints - a disease called gout. First gout causes pain in the joints of the legs, but gradually in the painful syndrome, the joints of the hands are also involved. Around the joints there are deforming cones of salts. When gout occurs, burning pain with a ripple, which increases by night and weakens by daybreak.
Gradual wear of cartilage joint tissue is called osteoarthritis. This disease is typical for the elderly. The manifestation of osteoarthritis is revealed by the pain syndrome in the wrists, elbow joint, and also in the small joints of the fingers. Strong and aching pain is greatly enhanced by exercise. As for the symptomatology in osteoarthritis can be attributed a strong pain in the joint in the joint with pressure at the time of exacerbations, small local swelling in the exercise.
Arthritis is very common and is a consequence of infectious lesions through cuts and due to internal anomalies caused by bacterial flora. Arthritis is manifested by two forms:
acute form is characterized by severe pain, swelling, fever and strong redness of the skin over the aching joints;
chronic form manifests a "burning" pain periodically, from time to time with loads or from wet weather.
Fractures of the joints of the hands, dislocations or sprains of the circumferential ligaments cause excruciating pain. If the tendons or muscle tissue breaks, the pain is reflected in the joint, and no external symptoms appear in the form of redness, etc. As a rule, the pain also passes through the healing of the injuries, but even after a complete cure, the joints can periodically respond with aching pain for rainy or wet weather(fog, drizzle).
Treatment of pain in the joints of the hands
Severe pain in the various joints of the hands is a huge problem for people who are exposed to it, since the damage to the joints of the hands leads to the impossibility of performing the most elementary operations: dress, take a fork, etc.
Therapeutic measures should have a comprehensivecharacter, which is aimed at solving the problem with the pain syndrome, eliminating the prerequisites for the onset of the disease and restoring working capacity.
Treatment always depends on the nature of the disease, but the removal of the pain syndrome is carried out under the same rules:
- pain in the joint of the hand is always removed with the help of pharmacological agents, such as non-steroid ointments. Ointment for pain in the joints can also be prepared independently. They effectively eliminate pain and inflammation, but can cause abnormalities in the work of the digestive tract;
- in order to relieve pain with rheumatoid arthritis, glucocorticosteroid hormones are used. Having a powerful anti-inflammatory effect, they quickly bring relief;
- ointments with anti-inflammatory and anesthetic components effectively enhance the effect of the use of medications.
If medications for complex therapy do not relieve pain, alternative methods of cure may be prescribed by the physician:
- physiotherapy in the treatment of joints of hands includes the methods of ultrasound and electrophoresis. These effects directly affect the affected joint or any tendon, ligament, muscle tissue. The impact of ultrasound or high-frequency current of low voltage improves blood supply to the joint and metabolic processes in surrounding tissues, which leads to the removal of inflammation and the investigational pain syndrome;
- massage and acupuncture. These measures improve the metabolism of lymph, which reduces swelling and stimulate blood circulation, which is necessary to renew joints and replace worn tissues with new ones;
- puncture of articular bags. It is known that any joint of the hand is placed in the synovial bag inside and externally in the bursa - the joint outer bag. If the pain syndrome is associated with the contamination of the joint lubricant fluid, as a rule, the pain is burning in any movement of the joint, then puncture the joint bag and rinse the cavity with antiseptic solutions, remove cartilage particles that move freely in the joint fluid;
- if not one of the methods of classical or folk treatment has not helped, then surgery can be applied: if intolerable pain occurs, the joint articulation is completely removed or its fragments removed. The joint is effectively replaced by a prosthesis, which is able to perform all the functions of the joint.
Hands are the most important tool of the human body. If you experience periodic or persistent pain in the joints of the hands, it is best to see a doctor, the diagnosis will reveal the reasons, and treatment will be prescribed.
At the end of the article, we want to present a video in which you will be told about the causes of pain in the joints of the hands: