Medical gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis?
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite common among all social groups and age categories. But in a greater degree, this pathology is affected by persons who are forced by their occupation to move little or stay in a fixed position for a long time-schoolchildren, office employees, programmers. Features of cervical osteochondrosis consist in the fact that along with the vertebrae, intervertebral discs and nerves the central nervous system suffers because of the violation of the blood supply to the brain. Through the neck pass vital communications - trachea, spinal cord, large vessels, among which the vertebral artery, supplying blood to the brain.
The effect of the exercises
The cervical section does not experience such a colossal mechanical load as a lumbar. But the neck is responsible for performing complex coordinated movements when turning, tilting, rotating the head, maintaining posture. With cervical osteochondrosis, these movements are difficult, and in some cases become impossible. That is why exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are an indispensable element of the ongoing complex treatment. After all, only injections, compresses and rubbing for the treatment of this disease is clearly not enough.
Exercises for osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine affect all stages of the development of this pathology:
- Eliminate hypodynamia, which is one of the causes of cervical osteochondrosis
- Eliminate the congestive effects in the muscles and vessels of the neck
- Ease your well-beingpatient, eliminate pain in the head and neck, dizziness, general weakness and other negative manifestations of the disease
- As preventive measuresprevention of complications of cervical osteochondrosis
After the course of therapeutic gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the neck, the following therapeutic effects are noted:
- Relaxes pathologically strained muscles of the neck
- Strengthens the cervical muscular skeleton, reduces the burden on the cervical spine
- Improves local blood circulation
- The cerebral blood flow increases due to restoration of the lumen of the vertebralarteries
- Inflamed roots of cervical spinal nerves are released
- The emotional background is raised, metabolic processes are accelerated not only in the cervical region, but also in the entire body of
. The cervical anatomy is functionally and functionally connected with the thoracic spine. And these two departments are affected by osteochondrosis in most cases simultaneously, combined. For this reason, physical exercises during cervical osteochondrosis facilitate the course of the osteochondrosis of the thoracic region, and vice versa.
Technique for performingExercises help relieve tension of the neck muscles
Before performing exercises with cervical chest osteochondrosis, the patient takes any of the physiological positions - standing, sitting, lying on his back or stomach. The patient lying on his back experiences minimal stress on the cervical section, but in this position he will have difficulty in performing certain elements. On the contrary, in the standing position it is most convenient to carry out movements of the head, shoulder girdle and upper limbs. But this option is not suitable in the case when cervical osteochondrosis is manifested by vestibular disorders in the form of dizziness, disorientation in space.
Below is a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
- The patient sits and applies his palms to the forehead. The head is motionless, the patient exerts pressure on her palm for several seconds. In the same way, pressure is applied to the applied palms to the back of the head and alternately to both ears. This exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical muscular framework.
- Then, during exhalation, throw your head back, and during inspiration - go ahead. The exercise is repeated tenfold. Then, turning his head with his chin, he takes out his right and left shoulder. In the following, the shoulders get the auricles at the maximum inclination of the head.
- After this, the patient lies on his back. The head falls on a low pillow with subsequent pressure on her head. Then the patient raises his head and holds it in such a fixed position for a few seconds. Accepts the initial posture, leads the knees to the stomach, wraps them in his hands. He tries to reach his knees with his forehead. After that, the leg unbends and straightens. Again bends the legs in the knees and spreads his hands, in this position tries to make turns of the torso on both sides 5 times.
- Then turns over on the stomach and lies exactly face down. In this position, the patient rotates the head in both directions so as to touch the floor with the auricle. Then he lifts his head, tipping it as far as possible. In this position, the head is held for a few seconds. Then the patient lowers his head and relaxes. Again he lifts his head together with the shoulder girdle, while his hands should be fixed at the seams. This exercise also needs to be done 5 times.
Video with therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
Physiotherapy exercises for cervical osteochondrosis must necessarily be carried out under the supervision of an appropriate specialist. He will give all the necessary instructions regarding the frequency and load of the exercises performed, will designate limitations and contraindications.
Doing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis, you need to adhere to some rules:
- All exercises are conducted in a well-lit and ventilated room with normal temperature.
- In acute period of cervical osteochondrosis, motor activity is contraindicated
- Movement should be smooth, no sharpness
- Circular motion in most cases not shown
- During exercises, breathing should be smooth with optimal duration of inspiration and exhalation.
. If pain develops and intensifies, gymnastics should stop
In the presentation of many patients and some health workers, health gymnastics is associated with yoga. This is not entirely correct. After all, this complex and much confused Eastern doctrine is represented in our Hatha Yoga - a complex of physical exercises and healing techniques.
The methodology and rules of hatha yoga are in many respects similar to practicing health gymnastics. True, there are some peculiarities here. In this eastern technique there are too many complicated poses with figurative exotic names - a stork, a grasshopper, a tiger, a dragon. Before carrying out the exercises, the nasal passages must be cleaned with clean water - according to the teachings this helps to cleanse the body and increase the energy potential. The treatment of the condition with osteochondrosis of the neck is a consequence of spiritual and physical perfection.
When dealing with these or other physical methods of cervical osteochondrosis treatment, it should be remembered that the improvement does not come the next day. This requires a longer period of time - weeks, months, and sometimes even years. Classes should be held regularly and strictly according to a given algorithm, there should be no objectively unjustified breaks. And in order for the effect to come as soon as possible, physical exercises should be carried out in conjunction with other methods of cervical osteochondrosis treatment - drug therapy, physiotherapy procedures, massage, acupuncture.
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite a serious disease, which even young people are exposed to today. With this disease, due to a change in the structure of the vertebrae, the intervertebral discs move, which in turn leads to pinching of the nerve.
Clinic of the disease
Such pathological changes can cause headaches and heart pain, numbness of the tongue, and dizziness. It is caused by the fact that pinching of the nerve leads to disruption of the work of some internal organs of a person. It is taking into account the characteristics of this disease that it can be treated not only with the help of medications, but also at home, regularly performing therapeutic exercises.
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics
Therapeutic gymnastics is deservedly considered one of the most effective methods for treating cervical osteochondrosis. Even professional medics recommend including therapeutic exercises in a mandatory course of treatment.
The effectiveness of curative gymnastics is that with it you can eliminate the changes that occur in the cartilage tissues. In the early stages, there is the possibility of completely eliminating osteochondrosis solely with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Basic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Basically, in order for therapeutic exercises to be truly effective their complex should be coordinated with specialists, since for each person the exercises are individual. As an example, we can mention patients with osteochondrosis who have abnormalities in the vestibular apparatus.
For such people, the complex of exercises often excludes the performance of gymnastics, in a standing position, as they may become dizzy. Whatever it was during the first appearance of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis, you need to contact a specialist who correctly plans the treatment.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis has, although widespread, but quite pronounced symptoms. The first sign of this disease is a frequent headache, as well as dizziness. Especially painful sensations can be amplified during sharp movements of a head. Taking painkillers often does not help to get rid of a headache caused by osteochondrosis.
In addition to the above symptoms, the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is accompanied by unstable blood pressure, which can cause noise in the ears, as well as worsening of the general well-being of a person. It is from such symptoms that it is easiest to get rid of by performing gymnastics.
Pain sensations in the neck - one of the symptoms of osteochondrosis
In later stages of cervical osteochondrosis, it can be recognized by aching pain in the chest that can be thrown on the hands. Moreover, such feelings can often be confused with heartache, but taking special medications, the pain does not go away.
Sometimes the patient may experience sensations of numbness in the hands. These are the main symptoms, which indicate that, most likely, a man has an osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. In order for the problem not to be aggravated, it is necessary to apply to a medical institution and undergo an appropriate course of treatment.
How to correctly perform therapeutic exercises
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics is primarily due to the correctness of all the necessary exercises, as well as compliance with all the recommendations of specialists. There are several basic rules, the implementation of which will make therapeutic gymnastics as effective as possible.
The basic rule of performing medical gymnastics concerns the stage of exacerbation of osteochondrosis. That is, if the disease is in the acute stage, all the exercises are strictly contraindicated, due to the fact that therapeutic gymnastics in such cases can exacerbate the problem, as well as provoke an increase in pain.
can also be used together with exercise therapy. Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region are effective only if they do not cause the patient any discomfort and do not increase pain. If during the performance of the gym the patient begins to exacerbate the pain, then he needs to stop the exercises for a while. If, on the subsequent exercise, the pain does not pass, then it is recommended that you consult a doctor to coordinate the gym.
It is very important to watch the correctness of posture while exercising. It is necessary to scorch to improve the effectiveness of the exercises, as well as to avoid injuries to the cervical department during classes.
Physiotherapy exercises should consist of a set of exercises with smooth movements. Sharp movements during the performance of medical gymnastics are contraindicated, due to the fact that they can on the contrary provoke the development of this disease. Whatever it was to perform any medical exercises should be very carefully and carefully, as negligence can lead to negative consequences.
It is recommended to perform the exercises in the complex
. Medical gymnastics is now very effective not only for cervical osteochondrosis, but also for other serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs of a person. It is due to all that with the help of gymnastics you can start recovery processes, reduce symptoms, strengthen muscles and not only. The main and indisputable advantage of therapeutic gymnastics can certainly be considered its accessibility. That is, therapeutic exercises can be performed independently at home, so this does not entail any additional costs.
The most effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, therapeutic gymnastics is often individual, but still there are the most common and effective exercises that almost all patients with a diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis recommend.
The first exercise is performed in a prone position and consists in the correct technique of breathing. The patient should lie on his back and stand up, his left hand should be placed on his chest, and the right one on his stomach, this will help control the uniformity of breathing. After a strong inspiration you need to hold your breath for an average of 10 seconds, then exhale and repeat the exercise. Often such an exercise should be performed for 3 minutes, at least three times a day.
The next exercise is also performed in the position, lying down, only on the stomach. The main condition for this exercise is straightened legs, since this is how you can achieve maximum effect.
One of the effective controls of the
Having taken the right position, you need to tear off the upper part of the trunk from the surface on which the patient lies and again lower it. Between the climbs it is recommended to pause in twenty seconds, and the exercise itself should be repeated for 3-5 minutes to five times a day.
The third most effective exercise is performed in a position lying on the back, with legs bent in the knee area. Having adopted such a position, it is necessary to carry out turns with the body in different directions, again adhering to the interval of 20 seconds. This exercise should be repeated for five minutes.
In addition to the exercises promoting recovery, a network of activities that are used as prevention. Especially necessary are such exercises for patients with a diagnosis of chronic osteochondrosis.
The first exercise is performed standing or sitting, the main thing is that the back should be flat, taking the right position, one should do head inclinations forward, while taking a deep breath, you must take a deep breath while back to the starting position - exhale.
After that, you need to press the palm into the forehead area, and you need to apply a lot of force.
The third exercise is to tilt the head to the chest, while standing, and the quadruple in the head turns when lying down.
Often, all the above exercises are combined in a complex, while simultaneously it is recommended to perform both therapeutic and preventive exercises. This therapeutic exercise will help strengthen the cervical spine and thus reduce the symptoms of osteochondrosis. Such exercises deserve many positive reviews, and therefore are very widely used, both at home and in medical institutions. Therapeutic gymnastics is capable not only to get rid of unpleasant symptoms, but also to speed up the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Video - Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis: how to cure yourself with exercise?
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are an integral part of therapeutic measures. Cervical osteochondrosis is widespread among the population, it is difficult to treat, but if each patient will be engaged in physical therapy and gymnastics, then he can achieve positive results and keep them for a long time.
How does osteochondrosis of the cervical region appear?
Osteochondrosis is a progressive disease of the musculoskeletal system associated with degenerative changes. Osteochondrosis is characterized by the destruction of vertebral discs with the subsequent formation of intervertebral hernias.
Pathology can manifest itself in different areas of the spine, most often develops in the lumbar segment, although the most complex form is considered to be the defeat of the cervical segment. This is due to the specifics of the structure of this area.
To provoke the development of the disease can obesity, violation of posture, changes in metabolism, trauma, anomalies of the structure, sedentary lifestyle, infections, hormonal disorders and much more.
Symptoms of the disease are associated with the localization of the lesion. The cervical segment of the spine consists of 7 vertebrae, near which there are a large number of nerves and vessels. In most cases, the disease provokes the appearance of a complex of symptoms called syndromes.
- radicular syndrome( headache, impaired sensory and motor activity of the hands);
- vertebral artery syndrome( dizziness, nausea, shooting headache, loss of consciousness and fainting);
- Irritative-reflex syndrome( pain intensification with coughing, talking, head movements);
- craniovertebral syndrome( hydrocephalus, severe headaches, fainting, dizziness, changes in vision and hearing, etc.).
Methods of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
Treatment of osteochondrosis includes a complex of procedures: medication treatment, physiotherapy, surgery and exercise therapy. Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are an important stage of therapy, especially at the initial stages, because it can prevent the development of the disease and its complications.
With the help of exercises you can achieve the following effects:
- strengthen muscles, reducing the burden on the spine;
- improve mobility;
- improve blood flow;
- to improve the metabolism, slowing down the processes of degeneration and destruction of cartilaginous tissue.
In addition to this gymnastics will help control the weight, normalize the overall condition. Exercise gives tone, restores the cardiovascular and pulmonary system.
Exercises do not only under the supervision of a doctor or coach, but also at home. It is very important to observe the technique and rules of the exercises and not to forget about the risk of vertebral injury and deterioration.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can not be performed during exacerbations, with severe pain syndrome, elevated body temperature, infectious diseases, fractures and trauma, decompensated conditions, etc.
Different degrees of osteochondrosis require different approaches to the treatment of the disease. About the features of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis read here. About other diseases of the spine read in this section.
The principles of physical education
The complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis should be performed, following a number of basic rules:
- Exercises should be done daily, for 10-15 minutes a day;
- When performing exercises, it is necessary to keep the posture correctly;
- Avoid sudden movements, turns or inclines;
- If discomfort or pain occurs, stop the session and consult your doctor;
- It is necessary to accurately perform circular movements of the head, especially a full circle and tipping the head back. Of course, after the diagnosis, the performance of special exercises should be started only under the guidance of a physician or trainer of exercise therapy, because it is important to choose not only the type of exercises, but also the degree of exercise, the duration of the sessions, their sequence, etc. Also you can see the video of the exercise of LUTS with cervical osteochondrosis.
Before you begin, take a small test: tilt your chin forward to your chest and turn your head to the side. If you experience discomfort and pain, then plan the plan so that they first eliminate these conditions.
Common neck exercises
The first set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at improving the mobility of the vertebrae and achieving such a state that the chin and nose are located directly above the shoulder and it was possible to turn the head as far as possible.
- Turn your head to the right and then to the left;
- Lower your head down, pressing the collections to your chest;
- Move your head back, not pushing it hard.
The next set of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region is aimed at the muscular apparatus of the neck.
- Sit on a chair, put your forehead on your palm and, overcoming resistance, try to tilt your face forward;
- Put your hand on the temple and, overcoming resistance, try to turn your head to the side;
- Raise the shoulders and hold this position for 10 seconds;
- 3-4 minutes massage the muscles of the occiput and the area above the scapula;
- Lying on your stomach, turn your head in different directions.
The next complex is aimed at improving blood supply.
- Put your fingers on the forehead, gently push and stretch the skin( repeat this exercise in the area of the temples and ear);
- Several times, lift your shoulders up and down in turn and at the same time;
- Rub the muscles in the neck with your hands;
- Slowly head back and forth, left and right;
- Tilt your head to the side so that the ear is as close to the shoulder as possible.
The correctness of the exercises can be controlled by viewing the photos of exercises for osteochondrosis.
Effective treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with gymnastic methods
Today cervical osteochondrosis is considered not a rare disease, and it occurs not only in middle-aged patients, but also in comparatively young people, which is most often caused by lack of mobility or hypodynamia.loading. ..
Similar pathological condition of cervical vertebral tissues is found primarily among accountants and programmers, writers and office employees, as well as in people whose profession assumes a long sitting in a static position.
An incorrect load or lack of coherence in muscle activity causes dystrophic disorders in the tissues. All this arises with a long work in an uncomfortable static position, with a long sitting, leaning on one arm, etc. But the neck is a transitional area from the spinal cord to the head and through it passes a lot of arteries and nerves that feed the brain.
Dystrophic disorders lead to compression of these feeding lines, which causes functional disorders of the cervical vertebrae - difficulties with the movements of the head( turns or inclinations), which are accompanied by soreness and muscle spasms. The processes of cerebral nutrition are also violated, which is manifested by frequent dizziness, fainting, and frequent migraine.
The role of therapeutic gymnastics in cervical osteochondrosis
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the neck requires complex actions and necessarily includes gymnastics. Therapeutic and gymnastic technique provides a lot of positive effects:
- Promotes strengthening of muscle fibers;
- Increases vertebral resistance to harmful external influences;
- Reduces muscle tone, which is extremely important during osteochondrosis exacerbations;
- Strengthens the ligamentous-articular system;
- Increases joint-vertebral mobility;
- Restores the material balance in the affected tissues.
Rules for the implementation of
The benefits and persistent results of the gymnastic procedures are provided through the implementation of a certain list of rules, the observance of which prevents various kinds of damage to the nerve endings, the joint-ligament apparatus and excludes the development of osteochondrosis complications.
So, the rules are:
- Each gymnastic element must be preliminarily agreed with a physician and then allowed to perform it;
- Any element should bring a sense of relief, if the movements increase the pain syndrome, then they can not be done;
- Exercises should be performed correctly, so it's better to conduct the first training with a specialist or, in extreme cases, to engage in video accompaniment;
- Overloads are not allowed;
- In case of osteochondrosis, only those elements that exclude active movements are allowed;
- If circumstances so require, training should be carried out in a special collar.
Following this uncomplicated list of rules ensures maximum effectiveness and lasting results of gymnastic therapy.loading. ..
Complexes for treatment at home
Specialists have developed several effective therapeutic and gymnastic complexes that take into account the stage of development of osteochondrosis lesions. These groups of gymnastic elements differ in their intensity of execution and load in accordance with the severity of osteochondrosis lesion.In general, gymnastic therapy is carried out in a sparing, training and treatment-training regime.
Gentle mode of
The movements performed in a group of elements of this mode are aimed at vertebral mobilization and extension of the spine, elimination of spasms of the muscle fibers.
The therapeutic principle is based in this case on performing the elements in the supine position, when the cervical vertebrae are unloaded. For greater unloading, it is necessary to place a small pillow under the head( preferably orthopedic) so that the neck is located under a 15-20-degree slope.
When the symptoms of exacerbation begins to fade, they begin to perform an isometric complex of elements, gradually increasing the level of the load. If the cervical vertebral column is unstable, then it is fixed with a special collar. The isometric complex is aimed at tension of the neck muscles with the purpose of their training.
At the acute stage of cervical osteochondrosis, it is recommended that the following elements be performed for 5 minutes:
- Lie comfortably on the back, bending legs, and arms stretching along the body. Completely relax and breathe freely;
- An AI is similar to the previous one. Slowly move the feet, lifting and lowering them;
- The same thing. Hands palms up. Firmly squeeze the brush and at the same time deeply inhale through the nose. Then unclench the brush and slowly exhale.
When the pain symptoms subsided, the begins to perform more active therapeutic and gymnastic exercises:
- Lie on your back. Pressing his chin against his chest. Repeat such clamps about five times;
- Having placed on the back put a small cushion under the knees. Cross your arms over your chest. Perform a change of hands: the left on top of the right, then, vice versa;
- To draw in the belly, at the same time take a deep breath and stay in this position for 5 seconds, then slowly exhale and relax the muscles;
- Standing on all fours to raise and lower your head. The rhythm is slow and smooth.
Gradually, when the vertebrae begin to get used to training, the duration of therapeutic and gymnastic sessions is increased, supplemented by more active elements.
Training in this mode increases the efficiency and endurance of the cervical muscular corset and relieves motor disability in the vertebral segments affected by the lesions.
Apply therapeutic and training exercises after complete elimination of acute symptoms in order to improve muscle tone and tone.
An important point in this training is the inadmissibility of performing elements with the lifting of the straight legs or trunk from a lying position, as this can lead to an osteochondrosis exacerbation. In addition, coaches on exercise therapy recommend excluding from the training slopes forward, because they also heavily loaded the spine.
In the treatment and recovery period it is strongly recommended to perform elements aimed at strengthening and increasing the stability of the neck muscles:
- Pulling the chin forward;
- Lift your head, as if staring at the sky, then lower your head, looking at the floor;
- Turning your head to the sides;
- Tilt your head to the sides, while resisting your palm;
- Head tilting.
Physiotherapy practice shows that the greatest effectiveness of such training is achieved when combined with isometric elements.
The training mode is aimed at stabilizing the vertebrae, it is used as a preventive measure or as a therapeutic technique in the stage of osteochondrosis remission. It is possible to carry out such elements:
- Lie on a thin pillow and press hard on the floor as much as possible;
- From a lying position on the abdomen with hands placed on the back of the neck, perform head lifts, while resisting hands;
- From the lying position on the side perform lifting of the head with keeping it on the weight for 8 seconds.
Complex of therapeutic gymnastics in pictures with cervical osteochondrosis
Similar training helps to avoid osteochondrosis disorders in the vertebrae and significantly strengthen the cervico-muscular corset.
Technique of Bubnovsky
Simple gymnastic elements, developed by Dr. Bubnovsky, proved their highest therapeutic effectiveness in anti-osteochondrosis treatment.
Such a therapeutic and gymnastic complex is suitable for all patients, regardless of their physical preparation.According to observations, the gymnastics of Bubnovsky facilitates the condition after a week of regular execution, although daily therapeutic exercises are necessary for achieving significant therapeutic progress for three months.
Doctor Bubnovsky recommends fighting the disease, performing such elements:
- Move your head back-forward;
- Lift shoulders to the maximum possible limit;
- Make head turns with manual resistance;
- Tilting the head to the stop with the chin in the chest;
- Circular motion of the head;
- Turns the head to the maximum possible limit.
This is a basic set of elements recommended by Bubnovsky to perform for cervical osteochondrosis lesions. There are other exercises for which you may need a simulator, so they should be performed in the clinic of a polyclinic or dispensary.
Regular performance of the therapeutic and gymnastic complex helps to acquire an even posture, increase the cerebral activity due to improved blood circulation, stop further osteochondrosis progression and improve the condition of the vertebrae and adjacent tissues.
Video complex of therapeutic gymnastics with cervical-chest osteochondrosis:загрузка. .. Like this article? Share with friends in social networks: Facebook
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis: isometric and dynamic exercise complex
Osteochondrosis affects cartilage tissues and the bone system located in the vertebral parts. The complexity of osteochondrosis of cervical localization is the spread of the pathological process to the neurovascular system, which communicates with the brain.loading. ..
The column of the spine in the cervical region is characterized by increased mobility, which often leads to nerve pincers and blockages. To get rid of them, resort to therapeutic physical training, which significantly reduces the rehabilitation duration after osteochondrosis exacerbations.
Importance of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Therapeutic physical training helps to eliminate swelling, normalizes nutrition and blood supply in the affected tissues, helps in the formation and strengthening of the muscular corset, increases motor abilities, etc.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, specialists developed many different complexes:
- On strengthening of cervical and pectoral muscles;
- On motor coordination;
- On relaxation of muscle tissue;
- Swimming gymnastics, etc.
Therapy aimed at getting rid of osteochondrosis lesions requires a special approach, since such a pathology can negatively affect the functionality of the hands and the blood supply to the brain.
LFK in osteochondrosis lesions of cervical vertebrae is rightfully considered to be the most effective therapeutic technique providing muscular strengthening, increasing the motor amplitude of movements, relief of pain symptoms, preventing neural-radicular compression and muscle atrophy, improving the oxygen supply of the diseased area and brain.Due to the influence of exercise therapy, the elasticity of the intervertebral ligaments increases and the probability of formation of bone processes( osteophytes), capable of damaging nearby nerves and vessels, decreases.
The main condition that guarantees the effectiveness of therapeutic physical education is the observance of the right tactics and the daily execution of the exercises.
An important condition for the therapy of osteochondrosis by LFK method is correct posture. This must be remembered at all times, regardless of the activities currently performed: walking, sitting at the table, bustling in the kitchen, etc.loading. ..
Rules for the conduct of exercise therapy
To get the maximum effect, exercises of exercise therapy are required in compliance with a number of rules:
- Before starting the exercise, it is necessary to warm up the muscles a little, for this purpose it is advised to massage the neck or make several inclined and rotational movements of the head, alternately in each direction;
- In contrast to other localizations of osteochondrosis in the pathology of the cervical vertebrae, doctors are not recommended to perform physical exercises if the disease is in an aggravated stage;
- You need to start with the simplest practice, gradually completing the complex by increasing the number of repetitions and more complex elements;
- Specialists advise to perform treatment sessions every day, preferably at the same time( in the evenings or after waking up);
- Perform complex should be without fuss and nervousness, move smoothly and smoothly. If you feel discomfort - stop the exercise and go on to the next one. It is necessary to exclude such elements that cause morbidity;
- LFK, performed with osteochondrosis of the neck, should additionally include the training of the hands, pectoral and brachial muscles and joints.
Therapeutic physical training is not only charging on the rug, it involves training in simulators or swimming. Just do not choose yourself to exercise exercises, it will be much safer and more effective if the doctor does this.
Has proved its effectiveness in anti-osteochondrosis therapy and yoga, as this practice involves thoughtful and slow performance of exercises that are not capable of damaging the spine.
Therapeutic exercises help to stop the pathological destruction of vertebral discs and cartilage tissues, so they are necessarily included in the anti-osteochondrosis therapeutic complex. In general, exercises against cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into two broad groups: dynamic and isometric complexes of .Isometric exercises have a positive effect on blood supply and muscle corset, promote mental performance, improve visual functions and memory.
Isometric exercises are based on one principle only: the amplitude of oscillations in their execution should be minimal. This kind of exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical and lateral muscle tissues. Such exercises are indispensable for those who are engaged in sedentary work, spending a lot of time at the computer or papers.
It is possible to perform such physiotherapy exercises from any starting position, the main thing is that the shoulders are deployed and the back is straight:
- Place your palms with locked fingers in the forehead area and press as if you are about to tilt your head back. At the same time, resistance should be provided by the tension of the neck muscles;
- It is necessary to press the palm on the cheek, as if you are trying to tilt your head, at the same time you have to resist the pressure, straining the muscles of your neck. Exercise should be done on each side for 3-4 rubles;
- Put the palms of your hand woven in your fingers on the occipital part and try to tilt your head back while resisting the palms;
- Press your chin into your fists, try to tilt your head down, while resisting your hands.
Video-complex of isometric exercises of physiotherapy exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
These exercises assume the overcoming of resistance without motor activity. When performing, you need to strain the neck muscles for 5-6 seconds, then relax them for about 15 seconds. Each exercise must be performed at least 3 times. Over time, their number is increased to 7-10.During the exercise, you should strain your muscles with inspiration, and with exhalation - relax.
Dynamic exercises assume the presence of different degrees of stress on the cervical vertebrae, they have a beneficial effect on the health of the spine and prevent muscle atrophy.
Similar exercises can not be performed during the period of exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Dynamic complex involves the motor activity of the neck muscles and vertebrae:
- Turns head - 15 times for each side;
- Head inclined with the shoulders touching their shoulders - 10 rubles each.left and right;
- Lifting-lowering the shoulders with a 10-second delay, the elbows can not be bent. Exercise is especially useful for individuals who spend a lot of time at the monitor;
- Tilting head forward with a touch of chest on the chin. Make 10 times. Exercise increases vertebral flexibility and prevents muscular atrophy;
- Lying on the stomach, you need to raise your head, holding it in this position for about 2-3 minutes;
- Lying on his back pulling his knees to his chest and reach for them with his chin, trying to touch. Run at least 7 times.
Instead of warm-up, a set of similar exercises can be supplemented with circular movements and swinging hands.
Where can I enroll in LFK
Some patients do not have enough time to perform medical exercises, and some people are too lazy to do them. Help in this situation can be group lessons. Usually such a practice is present in each clinic, you only need to get a referral from a neurologist.
Those who do not want to jostle in the hospital queue of the state medical institution, you can contact the private medical center and enroll in paid courses or hire a personal instructor.The main thing is to contact the medical centers, and not the gyms, because the latter employ people with sports education who have nothing to do with medicine and do not know all the subtleties of conducting therapeutic and physical training.
There is another option. In the network you can find a lot of videos with the necessary exercises. Choose a suitable complex for yourself and discuss it with the doctor.
After your doctor's approval, start your own independent home classes. In general, the options are sufficient, most importantly, to adhere to the recommended exercises and correctly implement them, only then therapeutic exercise will help.
By the way, it is possible to perform similar exercises for the prevention of vertebral diseases in people at risk of their development.
Video exercise complex LFK and massage with cervical chest osteochondrosis:Loading. .. Like this article? Share with friends on social networks: Facebook
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis have not brought anybody harm, but on the contrary, they helped to cope with the disease. How to properly execute the procedures, what to watch out for and other related information will be discussed below.
The formation of osteochondrosis in the cervical region is becoming an increasingly common problem, with the age limit for this insidious disease falling from year to year, so that everyone's task is to be vigilant and give due attention to prevention. If the disease has already manifested itself, then it is necessary to send a whole set of methods against it, some of which the patient must conduct at home.
Here the patient comes to the aid of a variety of therapeutic gymnastic complexes for the neck, as well as compact apparatus for conducting physiotherapy.
You can immediately note a unique tool for the treatment of diseases of the spine, which has high efficiency and has many positive reviews.
This is an orthopedic plaster "ZB PAIN RELIEF".Large-scale clinical trials were conducted at the Stockholm Medical University( Sweden) in 2013.A total of more than 1000 men and women with various diseases of the spine and joints participated in them, and they used orthopedic plasters "ZB PAIN RELIEF" for 2 weeks. The results of the research surprised even the doctors!
Pain, both acute and aching, passed in most subjects within 1-3 days after the beginning of the use of patches. More than 70% of those participating in the studies have developed significant shifts in the treatment of chronic diseases of the spine and joints.
You can learn more about this patch by following the link - "ZB PAIN RELIEF".
According to the majority of the world's leading physicians, it is the therapeutic exercise for today that is the best way to prevent and combat osteochondrosis in the initial stages, as well as a serious help in eliminating the symptoms and during the progression of the disease. Performing exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis, you can restore the natural state of the vertebrae and cartilaginous joints. At the first stages of osteochondrosis development, thanks to special sports complexes, one can completely get rid of the disease, and a general "good" effect of the person will be a good "side effect".
However, do not engage in dangerous experiments and self-medication. If anxiety symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor who will choose the correct dosage of the neck loads and will make up an individual therapeutic and exercise complex( LFK) exercises. Sometimes, when a patient suffers from frequent dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis, they prescribe the exercise of exercise therapy in a sitting or even lying position.
With the appearance of osteochondrosis in children, as well as in the case of the development of radicular syndrome, it is possible to state with certainty a serious deformation of the spine, which requires an urgent call for qualified help. If you ignore this point, a prolonged load will cause deformation of individual intervertebral discs and lead to serious complications. Therefore, one should be vigilant and, at the first symptoms, use against exercise therapy to correct the problem by creating a strong muscular corset.
Carrying out regular exercises from a medical and sports complex, one can count on restoring natural metabolism in the structure of intervertebral discs, improving blood supply in tissues, enriching the brain with oxygen, not to mention the return of mobility in the joints.
To increase the effectiveness of treatment, it must be carried out under the strict supervision of a physician who will control each stage, which in the end is the key to a speedy recovery.
Rules of charging for the cervical spine
Before doing exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region, it is necessary to get acquainted with the basic simple rules that will improve the overall effect of the payload and allow you to turn the healing procedure not just a means for eliminating the pain syndrome, but allows you to make ita full-fledged kind of treatment.
- To carry out a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, it is necessary at every opportunity. This is an extremely important rule for workers in seated occupations, and it is not difficult to observe it, as simple exercise therapy can be done in 5-10 minutes, without even getting up from the chair.
- Every morning and evening should become a time for exercise in standing position, as only the regularity of its performance will achieve sustainable results.
- In the mornings and evenings, every exercise should be performed standing.
- Carry out one or two dozen turns of the neck and turn the head at the same time as in the cervical pain syndrome is formed.
- The charging should be combined with a gentle massage of the cervical region.
- Also, when free time arrives, you should immediately rotate your hands in the shoulder joints.
When working with a computer it is highly recommended to interrupt for 5-10 minutes at least once in 1-1.5 hours. This will prevent the appearance and progression of osteochondrosis, and as an additional effect - will save the eyes. If you do not have the opportunity to do even such short breaks, then every half an hour, at least a minute or two, you can focus on the rotation of the head and light self-massage of the neck.(On the topic: gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervical department).
Healthy gymnastics during osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
You can start performing gymnastics only after stopping pain in the neck. In no case should not practice exercise therapy on the background of pain syndrome, as this can cause serious complications. If the seizures are not observed or have already passed, then the doctors allow performing isometric exercises in a calm rhythm, which allows you to get sufficient muscle tension without overloading the cervical vertebrae. As a result, the muscles and tendons will be strengthened and create a strong corset that will support the head and neck.
Each of the exercises must be performed at a slow pace, not allowing sharp, puffy movements. Also, before proceeding to the exercise of exercise therapy, you need to decide on a personal method, with a choice that should help a qualified specialist.
- Take a sitting position, straighten your back and neck. To make head turns from left to right, without sharp jerks, having made 10 repetitions.
- From the same initial position, lower your head down, trying to press your chin to your chest and making 10 repetitions.
- Take a sitting position and tilt the head back, also trying to pull the back, perform 10 repetitions.
- From the sitting position with the hands down, it is necessary to raise the shoulders as much as possible, fixing their position for 8-12 seconds. After this, the shoulders are lowered, they are relaxed for 3-5 seconds and again the lifting is repeated. In total, 10 repetitions are performed.
- Lie on a flat hard surface and work out the neck and skull workout in the hairline for 3-4 minutes. Self-massage is done by gentle compressive movements in an intense rhythm, which allows to significantly improve blood supply.
- It will be extremely useful to rub your back for a while in the area of the shoulder blades, between them and above them.
- At last, you can flex the muscles behind the ear and along the occipital part with light movements around the circle.
When performing therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis, it is necessary to control breathing, following its calm and slow rhythm. The correct breathing process will help to work concentrated, which in the end will increase the effectiveness of physical exertion. To conduct exercise therapy should be at least twice a day, but it is better to increase the number of repetitions to 3-4.Also, you do not need to immediately try to achieve maximum amplitude during the exercise, observing caution and regularity when performing exercise therapy. If osteochondrosis is already in neglected form, then the most optimal is to get acquainted with the complex of exercises on the floor.(And also: physical education with osteochondrosis of the cervical department).
- Take a lying position on the floor, putting one hand on the stomach, and the other on the chest. Taking a slow breath - raise first the stomach, and then the chest area, allowing the air to calmly fill the entire volume of the lungs. It is necessary to watch, that the exhalation is made more slowly in comparison with the inhalation. In total, it will be enough to perform 10 repetitions.
- Take a lying position on the floor on the abdomen, placing your arms along the trunk line. After that start to rotate the head from left to right, trying to reach the level of the floor with each ear, performing repetitions at least five times.
- Take a sitting position and lower your head forward, and then - back, controlling the smoothness of the performance and amplitude, preventing the occurrence of pain. Perform 10 repetitions.
- Sit at the table and lean on it with your elbows, head down to the back of your crossed palms. Occupying this position, you should press your forehead on your hands, achieving maximum muscle tension. Exert tension on the exhale, allowing yourself to relax on the breath. Perform 10 times.
A complex set of exercises
The exercises presented below against osteochondrosis of the neck can be performed only as a prophylactic method or to eliminate the first symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. If the development of the disease has already gone too far, then it is better to abstain from doing the exercises, at least before consulting a doctor.
Exercises for relaxation in the cervical section
Occupy standing position with freely lowered arms. After that, strain your hands and straighten your back as much as possible, trying to make sure that the shoulder blades and shoulders do not go up. Lasting for a few seconds( up to 5), relax and give the body and breathing to recover.(On the topic: charging with cervical osteochondrosis).
Twisting in the neck
Twisting is best performed from the standing position, but begins by lowering the head forward, representing how the spine is bent by an arc. It should be noted that this is not just about the bending of the cervical spine, but about the entire spine - from the base. Then it is necessary to make a reverse movement, slowly throwing back his head, trying to bring the shoulder blades together and feel how the spine is curled back. Exercise is repeated until the heat in the cervical region appears.
Swing by hands
From standing position, tilt the body forward so that it occupies a parallel to the ground position, trying to keep the back flat, and hands to dissolve in different directions. Then they make flies with their hands, like a bird flapping wings during the flight. At the same time, it is necessary to control the tension of the muscles of the back in order to prevent the movement due to the inertia of the swing.
It is extremely important to remember that such exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis are allowed only with minor manifestations of the disease. In no case can they be used without medical supervision if the disease has already crossed the initial stage.
Pay attention to the unique remedy for osteochondrosis, arthrosis and injuries!
Gel "Grandfather's Secret" - the first Russian drug, which makes it possible to restore cartilaginous tissue in the joints without surgical intervention and injections.
More about this tool you can find out on the link further - Cream "Grandfather's Secret".