Curative gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
As life shows, most often a person with health problems or completely begins to rely on a doctor, or throws himself into all serious, engaged in self-medication and without resorting to official medicine.
If the patient is on the side of the doctor - no disease is terrible. .
Both these positions are fundamentally wrong, because no one, even the most qualified doctor, can make a diagnosis on their own, and no person should prescribe treatment for himself. No wonder the ancient sage said that with each disease there are three sides: the patient, the doctor and the disease. If the patient is on the side of the doctor - no illness is terrible, but in those cases when the patient on the side of the disease - the best doctor is useless.
Today, cervical osteochondrosis is increasingly diagnosed, and the patients' behavior and their attitude towards the proposed treatment are completely independent of age. Those patients who think about their future do not forget that therapeutic gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis remains one of the most important elements of treatment, while others simply remain silent and suffer pain and all the symptoms with which this is manifested is very unpleasant and in some casesa life-threatening disease.
Features of cervical osteochondrosis today
Cervical osteochondrosis is a common disorder, rapidly growing younger every year. Pinched nerve endings or displacement of cervical discs cause headaches and heart pain, dizziness, numbness of the tongue. Moreover, pinching of nerves indirectly affects the work of internal organs. Nevertheless, many people simply do not pay attention to the doctor's appointments and do not believe that exercise therapy, especially when used constantly, can improve their condition.
Meanwhile, if a person is diagnosed with cervical osteochondrosis - medical gymnastics is necessary! A violation that does not try to correct will sooner or later become acute, and every new attack of the disease will add unpleasant symptoms to the clinical picture of the disease. Of course, exercise therapy is not a panacea, especially if the degenerative-dystrophic process in the tissues of the spinal column has existed for a long time, but it can inhibit the development of pathological processes, facilitate the general condition and the first step towards recovery.
Major symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Persistent headaches, dizziness. The discomfort is often aggravated by movement and sharp turns of the head, and such a pain in the head practically does not lend itself to the drugs that are traditionally prescribed for relief of this symptom. At the same time, the patient may be concerned about the instability of blood pressure, fits of lightheadedness and noise in the ears, which are best eliminated by therapeutic gymnastics prescribed for cervical osteochondrosis.
- Symptom of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine may be pain in the chest, giving in hands. Often a person feels numbness in his hands and a combination of this symptom with pain in the heart, in which traditional "heart" drugs( nitroglycerin) are ineffective.
In case of occurrence of these complaints, orthopedic doctors advise their patients timely use of physical exertion, the regime and frequency of recurrence of which for each patient should be selected individually. A well-considered program of physical rehabilitation will help prevent the development of displacement of cervical vertebrae and clamping of nerve fibers.
Recommended exercises for the treatment of
disease If you want to learn all the secrets of cervical osteochondrosis treatment, we suggest you familiarize yourself with this free course. Very effective technique!
Below is an example of several exercises.
- The patient lies on the floor. One palm rest on the stomach, and the other on the chest. Slow, smooth breath( stomach, and then chest rise), then exhale. Repeat once 8-10.It is necessary to consciously relax the body. Exercise is repeated 3-4 times during the day.
- Position on the floor, but this time on the stomach. Slowly, the head, torso rises, hands have to rest against the floor. In this position, you must be 1 - 1.5 minutes, then smoothly return to its original position. Important! It is necessary to watch, that the shoulders would not "tumble" - keep the posture under control! Exercise is carried out 3-4 times a day.
- Position - lying on the stomach. Hands stretched along the body. Slowly turning his head to the right. You have to try to press your ear to the floor. Then in the opposite direction. Important! Painful sensations should not accompany the exercises! Run 5-6 times. During the day, you can perform this exercise 3-4 times.
- Seated position. Slowly, making an exhalation, lean forward, as close to the breast as possible. Then, on inhalation, slowly throw your head back, trying to look as far as possible. Repeat once 10-15.The exercise itself is repeated 2-3 times a day.
- Do not change the position, you have to press your forehead against your own hands. Providing the greatest possible pressure. Exercise is done on exhalation - this is important! Repeat 5-6 times. During the day, perform 3-4 times.
- If the violation is not strong, you can perform accurate rotation of the head, in both directions.
The above complex of exercises shows that therapeutic gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is available to virtually all people regardless of their age. Some of the exercises can be performed at home and at work, and if your own health is empty for the patient, then he will certainly try to listen to the recommendations of the doctor.
As studies of scientists have shown, the performance of such exercises as prevention reduces the risk of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine by 90%!
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics in cervical osteochondrosis at any stage of the disease is proved. As it turned out, even simple trainings, without active manual treatment and use of drugs, significantly reduce pain, and in some cases the achieved strengthening of the neck muscles positively affects the general condition - in some patients partial regress of the disease is observed.
P.S.Want to get more effective exercises? Be sure to use this course & gt; & gt;
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a fairly common disease of the spinal column, as this department is very mobile and has a constant load to support the neck. This disease is characterized by degenerative changes in the spine. The sprawling bone tissue on the vertebrae adversely affects the muscles and ligaments around them, causing pain.
Painful sensations in cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine develops gradually and at the initial stage of the disease does not manifest itself very much. More serious changes, for example, as an intervertebral hernia, occur in the third stage of the disease.
The intervertebral hernia of the cervical region is a complex, serious and painful complication of osteochondrosis. To prevent such complications, it is necessary to diagnose osteochondrosis in time and to comply with all the prescriptions of the doctor. One of the main conditions for a complete recovery is exercise therapy with cervical osteochondrosis. It is prescribed at a time when the acuteness of the disease is over.
Importance of physical activity in cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy is prescribed for patients with osteochondrosis only after acute aches and pains are removed. Special physical exercises allow to strengthen the muscular corset around the spine, making it more plastic.
Medical gymnastics helps to increase blood supply to the muscles and joints, preventing the complication of the disease, as well as the appearance of other pathologies in the spinal column.
Subject of disease
Exercises on the development of flexibility prevent further progression of the disease. The first lessons of physiotherapy exercises can be conducted only under the supervision of a doctor. Only a doctor can make up for you an individual complex that suits your health condition and will be your "life-saving" circle in everyday life.
Osteochondrosis is often a chronic disease, so inadequate physical activity, uncomfortable posture during work or stress, can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. However, applying curative gymnastics at home, performing a complex, for example, after summer work or a long trip behind the wheel, you can avoid exacerbation and feel comfortable.
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis
Simple exercises for restoring the full-time work of the cervical department of
All exercises for therapeutic purposes should be performed very smoothly, avoiding sudden movements. Categorically forbidden to tilt back the head of movement, as well as rotational movements of the head. Here are a few simple exercises to improve mobility in the cervical spine, as well as to increase blood flow:
- The exercise is performed sitting on a chair, the back is straight. Tilt your head to one shoulder, then to the other, as much as possible. Repeat from five to ten times;
- Turn the head to the right and left, to the highest possible level. Do the exercise at least ten times;
- Flexibility of the cervical spine will add the head incline forward, before touching the chest with the chin. The back muscles of the neck with this exercise are perfectly stretched. Perform ten to twelve times;
- Strengthen the lateral muscles of the neck will help the following exercise - counteraction. Place the elbow on the table and rest your palm on the temporal part. Tilt your head in this direction, counteracting your hand. Counteraction lasts up to 10-12 seconds. The exercise is repeated up to ten times in each direction, with small interruptions( up to ten seconds);
- Greatly strengthens the front muscles of the neck exercise-resistance or overcoming resistance. Exercise is done at the desk. One hand rests on the table with the elbow, and the palm rest on the forehead. Pressing his head on his hand, you need to keep the resistance. Pressing the head for up to ten seconds. Perform this exercise up to ten times with a break of ten seconds;
- Excellent stretches and relaxes the lateral muscles of the neck following exercise. You can perform as sitting on a chair, or standing up. Raise the shoulders up simultaneously and hold them in the raised state for up to ten seconds. Then relax your shoulders. Perform up to ten times with a small interval.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the neck muscles
Massage and self-massage during the remission of
When the acute period of the disease is left behind, self-massage or massage is prescribed to help patients with cervical osteochondrosis. The cervical spine does not tolerate any sudden movements. All massage movements should be smooth, deep, not traumatic. You can apply stroking, vibration, smoothing and kneading.
Any self-massage begins and ends with stroking movements that prepare the cervical section for other effects. Raziranie and kneading affects the muscles of the neck and collar zone more deeply, contributing to the inflow of blood to them. Vibration movements are performed by tapping the rib of the palm or patting.
When headaches, as a consequence of cervical osteochondrosis, help to remove spasm of rubbing with the fingertips of the temporal zone, the occipital region. Self-massage is applicable for hands, shoulders and collar zone. Of course, this is not very convenient to do, therefore, if possible, it is best to seek the help of an experienced masseur.
Massage - as an effective way to treat and prevent cervical osteochondrosis
Massage from the back of the neck and the area between the shoulder blades is difficult to carry out independently. The masseur must perform the procedure carefully and neatly, while at the same time it is good to knead the muscles. The first few massage procedures should be less intense and shorter in time.
Recommendations for the conduct of exercise therapy
Physiotherapy in all diseases, and cervical osteochondrosis, including, can be prescribed only after the acute period of the disease. It is not the main treatment, but is an addition to the main therapy.
In addition, exercise therapy does not replace physiotherapy, but can be performed with them in a complex, as an intensifying factor in the effectiveness of treatment. No exercise from the treatment complex should cause pain. They should cause relief, relieve tension and be an incentive for further studies. The physical load increases very gradually.
Pilates with cervical osteochondrosis
You need to start with simple exercises under the supervision of a doctor. Regular exercises in physiotherapy for three weeks become a good habit that helps a person live without pain. Many patients, performing various physical activities during the day, for example, working in the garden, long walks, strokes, cleaning, etc., think that this can replace the medical complex. This is not true! Conversely, with increased physical exertion, it is recommended to perform a charge, so as not to provoke an exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Factors affecting the development of osteochondrosis
- High physical load;
- Prolonged position in an uncomfortable position;
- Sitting work;
- Unbalanced power;
- Lack of regular physical activity;
- Spinal Curvature;
- Professional activities related to lifting of gravity, vibration, etc.;
- Chronic diseases of an exchange nature, for example, diabetes mellitus;
- Static loads;
- Wrong bed and pillow.
Video - Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosisThe osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral disks of this site( changes in the structure of vertebral bodies due to the destruction of the cartilaginous tissue between them, because ofwhat is broken their food).Almost every person older than 40 is suffering from this pathology in one way or another. Often, changes in the spine occur even at a young age and progress with age.
What causes osteochondrosis?
Many factors can influence the development of spine joint injuries, which can be conditionally divided into controlled and uncontrolled ones. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine appears due to:
- hereditary predisposition;
- hormonal disorders;
- abnormalities of the development of the musculoskeletal system;
- excessive and incorrect load on the spine( working at a computer, sedentary lifestyle);
- because of mechanical factors( sprain, injury of this part of the spine);
- wrong power supply.
The first three points are uncontrolled causes of the development of the disease, it is almost impossible to cope with them. The last three factors can be influenced by systematic dosed loads, for example, with the help of exercise therapy( LFK).
How does the disease manifest itself?
Manifestations are diverse and involve many systems and bodies. Among the most significant symptoms are the following:
- does not show itself at the early stages of the process;
- over time, there may be severe headaches and pain in the neck;
- dizziness and tinnitus;
- limitation of mobility of joints in the affected area;
- heart rhythm disturbances that can be seen on a cardiogram;
- insomiya( lack of full sleep);
- numbness of the limbs;
- spasm of the muscles of the neck, chest and back, shoulder girdle.
Treatment plan for osteochondrosis
The treatment of the disease must be approached in a comprehensive way, affecting all the links in the development of the painful process. Treatment includes:
- analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs( ketorol, xsefokam, nimesulide, etodolac, diclofenac);
- medicines to relieve muscle spasm and reduce edema of tissues( tizalud, midocalam);
- vitamins( nicotinic acid, B vitamins);
- chondroprotectors( substances restoring the structure of cartilage);
- has well proven itself in therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the cervical department, which is also a preventive measure for the development of the disease;
- proper nutrition and active lifestyle;
- physiotherapy treatment.
Basic rules for performing the exercises
Classes can be conducted in special institutions with an instructor and at home, having previously selected an individual set of exercises with the specialist. General rules for exercise therapy:
- do not start gymnastics without having previously completed a comprehensive set of examinations;
- is not recommended to start such treatment alone, it is important to consult an instructor;
- exercises should be aimed at strengthening the muscles of the cervical spine, without excessive strain on the entire vertebral column;
- it is necessary to follow the principle from simple to complex: more effectively gradual increase in the number and duration of classes;
- exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can not be carried out through strength and pain, the movements should be soft and smooth;
- physical education does not end after the onset of relief, it should be performed continuously;
- can not interrupt treatment.
There are several well-proven techniques for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, we learn in what their features and what their differences are.
Classic exercises to strengthen the muscles of the neck
All movements are performed in a standing or sitting position for 5-6 repetitions. When performing exercise therapy there should be no sensations of discomfort and acute pain. Complex exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:
- for the beginning should bring the neck in an upright position and relax the shoulders;
- slow and smooth turns to the right and left, 5 times in each direction;
- it is necessary to sit down directly, to throw back the head and try to reach the right ear to the right shoulder, after doing the same in the other direction;
- put your palms on the forehead and slowly press them head, while the palms should stay in the same place( resist pressure);
- is an exercise similar to the previous one, but in this case the palm should be put on the temple, pressing it with your head, counting to yourself to five, repeating 3 times in turn on each side;
- to shrug the shoulders forward, raise them upwards as much as possible, after diverting them back and bringing them back down, thus describing the circle.
Classes are held in a standing position, smooth light movements of the neck are performed without excessive efforts and pain. Gymnastics should be done for 12 minutes every day to achieve the desired result. A few simple exercises from Butrimov's method:
- stretching the neck and head forward, and then returning it to its original position, with the trunk and shoulders remain stationary;
- alternate turn of the head to the left and right at each turn, it is necessary to stretch the chin to the shoulder;
- smooth tilt of the head forward, trying to touch the chin with your chin, after tilting backwards with an attempt to reach the crown to the back;
- maximum slow and quiet turn of the head left and right;
- the following exercise - tilt the head forward and turn in this position in each direction;
- a soft and smooth turn of the head from right to left, maximally stretching the chin forward.
Such physical exercises are important to do daily and after 4-5 months many manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis will disappear. If something does not work, do not try to apply maximum efforts, gradually the muscles will become more elastic and supple.
These sessions are primarily aimed at stretching the muscles and improving the supply of vertebrae in this area. After improving the state of health, work on yourself does not end.
Getting rid of osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky
According to this technique, it is recommended to conduct exercises daily. After only two weeks, after improving the state of health, the number of classes is reduced. Than such treatment differs:
- work is spent by a method of a kinesitherapy( treatment by means of movements in which the person participates);
- for the effect to be maximum, use special simulators, that is, classes take place only in the centers;
- before the beginning of treatment, doctors fully examine people and select a set of exercises in accordance with changes in the spine;
- primarily in these exercises train the muscles adjacent to the spine, thereby improving the nutrition of the affected vertebrae and the painful symptoms gradually weaken.
Therapeutic physical training is preventive in nature, if you start to deal with the appearance of violations. In the case when the disease is rapidly progressing or there are pronounced changes, do not immediately abandon the set of exercises. Trust the specialists who will choose a more gentle method, but at the same time significantly facilitates the course of the disease.
10 effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine with each passing year "becomes younger".Headaches, numbness in the hands and dizziness are increasingly complained to by young people under 30 years of age.
This situation is provoked by the lack of sufficient activity and sedentary work. As a treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis is recommended gymnastics or exercise therapy( exercise therapy).Regular exercise improves the nutrition of the intervertebral discs, increases blood circulation in the muscles, more oxygen enters the brain, the vertebrae become mobile, and the muscles become elastic.
The main condition for an effective result is the doctor's control over all the stages of gymnastics. This is the only way to guarantee a safe recovery.
Two sets of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical department should be developed by the doctor taking into account the peculiarities of the patient's condition: treatment of the disease or prevention, the presence of other pathologies of the spine, diseases of the cardiovascular system and so on.
All exercises during treatment should be done daily and take at least 15 minutes.
Today, there are many techniques for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. A simple and effective method of gymnastics includes two complexes designed to relax and strain the muscles of the neck.
The first set of exercises
Consists of three exercises, aimed at treating chronic osteochondrosis, but can also be used in acute forms during periods of remission.
The purpose of the complex is to improve the mobility of the cervical vertebrae, the plasticity of the neck muscles. Such exercises relieve tension and contribute to the normalization of blood circulation in the injured zones.
- # 1.Position of the body - standing or sitting, hands are lowered along the body, the back is even. Soft turns of the head are made in the extreme right and left sides alternately, while trying to place the chin clearly over the shoulder. When performing, you should be guided by pain. If the pain does not allow you to perform the exercise accurately, you can replace the turns with short movements of the head in a certain direction. Number of repetitions: 5 to 10 times.
- # 2.The initial position of the body, as in the first exercise. The head is tilted downwards so that the chin touches the thoracic cavity, while it is necessary to relax the back muscles of the neck as much as possible. With springy movements, it's easy to try to lower your head even lower. Such an exercise is aimed at developing large back muscles of the neck and improving the flexibility of the cervical vertebrae. Repeat the slopes 5 to 10 times.
- # 3.The initial position of the body, as in the first exercise. It is necessary to pull the neck back, keeping the head evenly, while drawing the chin. This exercise is aimed at correcting the "goose" posture, when the neck and head are tilted slightly forward. The number of repetitions is 5-10 times.
The second set of exercises
Consists of three exercises and is designed primarily for the treatment of chronic osteochondrosis.
- # 1.In the sitting or standing position, you must put the palm on the forehead and press it, while tilting the head forward - counteracting the head and palm. Thus, the correct position of the vertebrae is maintained, the muscles of the anterior part of the neck are strengthened, and the elasticity of muscles is improved. The number of repetitions is 10 times for 10 seconds.
- # 2.This exercise is similar to the above, only the palm is applied alternately to the temples. In the process of carrying out such gymnastics, lateral cervical muscles are strengthened, painful manifestations are reduced, and the condition of the vertebrae is improved. The number of repetitions is 10 times for each temple, the duration of counteraction is 10 seconds.
- # 3.Standing or sitting maximally raise the shoulders to the ears, hold this position for 10 seconds. After that, relax, lower your shoulders, breathe in and relax the muscles of the shoulder and neck, hands must also sag freely. Save this body position for 10-15 seconds. This exercise allows you to relax the lateral muscles of the neck and make them more elastic. The number of repetitions is 5-10 times.
This gymnastics can be carried out independently as a preventive and in the process of treatment. More complex elements that exist in medicine need to be carried out only with the help of a qualified physician.
If you experience headaches with cervical osteochondrosis, pay attention to this complex.
These exercises will also help with the symptoms of chest osteochondrosis. Read more about symptoms.
Expert opinion of the doctor - recommendations to patients
On personal experience I was convinced that the use of exercise therapy for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic spine is the only correct decision at any stage of the disease.
Anesthetic ointments and gels only relieve symptoms, but do not struggle with the cause - the degradation of the intervertebral discs. Only constant activity and properly selected complexes of exercise therapy will help to get rid of sharp pains and improve the patient's condition. Useful tips for effective sessions:
- Any gymnastics is performed only during the remission of the disease, otherwise studies can lead to deterioration.
- All exercises should be performed without significant effort and pain: maximally stretch the muscles and stretch the vertebrae is prohibited. Strength exercises can be carried out only after strengthening the neck muscles and after consulting with the doctor.
- Complexes with tension and relaxation of muscles should alternate.
- Each exercise should be performed smoothly without sudden movements and attacks. It is important to maintain proper posture.
- For a positive effect, charging should be done daily at a convenient time. Even after the pain syndrome disappears the need for exercise therapy remains, since it is almost impossible to completely restore the health of the neck.
I recommend to use at any convenient moment to maintain the health of the cervical spine. This requires up to 15 minutes of free time and a calm environment.With regular exercises as prevention, the risk of the disease decreases, brain activity rises, even posture remains. And during the treatment such activities are simply necessary to exclude the deterioration of health.
After all, the body is adapted to activity: walking, running, swimming. A multi-hour seat at the table at the monitor - an unnatural pose. To minimize the damage from negative influence, it is important to use any free time with benefit for the organism, including for maintaining the health of the spine.
I highly recommend video with exercises for cervical osteochondrosis from Tatyana Chekalova. Competent and effective gymnastics:
LFK with cervical osteochondrosis: isometric and dynamic complex of exercises
Osteochondrosis affects cartilage tissues and bone system located in the vertebral parts. The complexity of osteochondrosis of cervical localization is the spread of the pathological process to the neurovascular system, which communicates with the brain.loading. ..
The column of the spine in the cervical region is characterized by increased mobility, which often leads to nerve pinches and blockages. To get rid of them, resort to therapeutic physical training, which significantly reduces the rehabilitation duration after osteochondrosis exacerbations.
The importance of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Therapeutic physical training helps to eliminate swelling, normalizes nutrition and blood supply in the affected tissues, helps in the formation and strengthening of the muscular corset, increases motor abilities, etc.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, specialists developed a variety of different complexes:
- On strengthening of cervical and pectoral muscles;
- On motor coordination;
- Relaxation of muscle tissue;
- Swimming gymnastics, etc.
Therapy, aimed at getting rid of osteochondrosis lesions, needs a special approach, since such a pathology can negatively affect the functionality of the hands and the blood supply to the brain.
LFK in osteochondrosis lesions of the cervical vertebra is rightfully considered to be the most effective therapeutic technique providing muscular strengthening, increasing the motor amplitude of movements, relieving pain symptoms, preventing neural-radicular compression and muscle atrophy, improving the oxygen supply of the diseased area and brain.Due to the influence of exercise therapy, the elasticity of the intervertebral ligaments increases and the probability of bone formation( osteophytes), which can damage nearby nerves and vessels, decreases.
The main condition that guarantees the effectiveness of therapeutic physical education is the observance of the right tactics and the daily execution of the exercises.
An important condition for the therapy of osteochondrosis by the LFK method is proper posture. This must be remembered at all times, regardless of the activity currently performed: walking, sitting at the table, bustling in the kitchen, etc.loading. ..
Rules for the conduct of exercise therapy
For the maximum effect, exercises of exercise therapy are required in compliance with a number of rules:
- Before starting the exercise, it is necessary to warm up the muscles a little, for this purpose it is advised to massage the neck or make several inclined and rotational movements of the head, alternately in each direction;
- In contrast to other localizations of osteochondrosis in the pathology of the cervical vertebrae, doctors are not recommended to perform physical exercises if the disease is in an aggravated stage;
- You need to start with the simplest practice, gradually completing the complex by increasing the number of repetitions and more complex elements;
- Specialists advise you to perform treatment sessions every day, preferably at the same time( in the evenings or after waking up);
- Perform complex should be without fuss and nervousness, move smoothly and smoothly. If you feel discomfort - stop the exercise and go on to the next one. It is necessary to exclude such elements that cause morbidity;
- LFK, performed with osteochondrosis of the neck, should additionally include the training of the hands, pectoral and brachial muscles and joints.
Therapeutic physical training is not only charging on the rug, it involves training in simulators or swimming. Just do not choose yourself to exercise exercises, it will be much safer and more effective if the doctor does this.
Has proved its effectiveness in anti-osteopochondrosis therapy and yoga, as this practice involves thoughtful and slow performance of exercises that are not capable of damaging the spine.
Physical exercises help to stop the pathological destruction of vertebral discs and cartilage tissues, so they are necessarily included in the anti-osteochondrosis therapeutic complex. In general, exercises against cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into two broad groups: dynamic and isometric complexes of .Isometric exercises have a positive effect on blood supply and muscle corset, promote mental performance, improve visual functions and memory.
Isometric exercises are based on one principle only: the amplitude of the oscillations during their execution should be minimal. This kind of exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical and lateral muscle tissues. Such exercises are indispensable for those who are engaged in sedentary work, spending a lot of time at the computer or papers.
You can perform such therapeutic exercise from any starting position, the main thing is that your shoulders should be deployed and your back should be straight:
- Put your palms with locked fingers in the forehead area and push it as if you are going to tilt your head back. At the same time, resistance should be provided by the tension of the neck muscles;
- It is necessary to press the palm on the cheek, as if you are trying to tilt your head, at the same time you have to resist the pressure, straining the muscles of your neck. Exercise should be done on each side for 3-4 rubles;
- Put the palms of your hand woven in your fingers on the back of your head and try to throw your head back while resisting your palms;
- Press your chin into your fists, try to tilt your head down, while resisting your hands.
Video-complex of isometric exercises of physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis:
These exercises involve overcoming resistance without motor activity. When performing, you need to strain the neck muscles for 5-6 seconds, then relax them for about 15 seconds. Each exercise must be performed at least 3 times. Over time, their number is increased to 7-10.During the exercise, you should strain your muscles with inspiration, and with exhalation - relax.
Dynamic exercises assume the presence of different degrees of stress on the cervical vertebrae, they have a beneficial effect on the health of the spine and prevent muscular atrophy.
Similar exercises can not be performed during the period of exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Dynamic complex involves the motor activity of the neck muscles and vertebrae:
- Turns head - 15 times for each side;
- Head incline with the touch of the shoulders with the ears - for 10 r.left and right;
- Lifting-lowering the shoulders with a 10-second delay, elbows can not be bent. Exercise is especially useful for individuals who spend a lot of time at the monitor;
- Tilting head forward with a touch of chest chin. Make 10 times. Exercise increases vertebral flexibility and prevents muscular atrophy;
- Lying on the stomach, you need to raise your head, holding it in this position for about 2-3 minutes;
- Lying on his back pull his knees to his chest and reach for them with his chin, trying to touch. Run at least 7 times.
Instead of warm-up, a set of similar exercises can be supplemented with circular movements and swinging hands.
Where can I enroll in LFK
Some patients do not have enough time to perform therapeutic exercises, and some people are too lazy to do them. Help in this situation can be group lessons. Usually such a practice is present in each clinic, you only need to get a referral from a neurologist.
Those who do not want to jostle in the hospital queue of a public medical institution, you can contact a private medical center and enroll in paid courses or hire a personal instructor.The main thing is to contact the medical centers, not the fitness halls, because in the latter there are people with sports education who have nothing to do with medicine and do not know all the subtleties of conducting therapeutic and physical training.
There is another option. In the network you can find a lot of videos with the necessary exercises. Choose a suitable complex for yourself and discuss it with the doctor.
After your doctor's approval, start independent home activities. In general, the options are sufficient, most importantly, to adhere to the recommended exercises and correctly implement them, only then therapeutic exercise will help.
By the way, it is possible to perform similar exercises for the prevention of vertebral diseases in people at risk of their development.
Complex of exercise exercises LFK and massage for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis:Loading. .. Like this article? Share with your friends in social networks: Facebook
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: complex of therapeutic gymnastics, contraindications, video
The causes of osteochondrosis of the cervical region are mainly disorders in metabolic processes, the effect of which is aggravated sedentarylife, violation of posture, injuries.
Exercise is an important element of the treatment
LFK( therapeutic exercise) for cervical osteochondrosis is considered to be the most effective of the treatment methods. Physical exercises, in general, are very useful, so do not neglect medical gymnastics. Moreover, no financial costs are required, and the exercise complexes are fairly simple, which allows them to perform their own homes on their own.
Physical training in osteochondrosis brings invaluable benefits, namely:
- Strengthens the muscular corset, which reduces the load on the vertebrae,
- Improves spine mobility,
- Improves blood flow to the spine and surrounding tissues,
- Improves glucose metabolism, and hence improves metabolic processes, and intervertebraldrive get more power.
In addition, regular classes help maintain optimal weight, improve the overall condition of the cardiovascular system, bring joy.
If there is a desire and opportunity, then except for a daily small complex at home or at work, it will be a good idea to study in a special group in a medical institution or a fitness center.
Lessons in the group are more disciplined, and control by the instructor allows you to perform all movements as correctly as possible. However, the independent performance of the exercises at home will also undoubtedly benefit.
You only need to carefully consider the rules for their implementation and accurately follow them. In cervical osteochondrosis, this is especially important, since the risk of vertebral injury is great if the movements are incorrect.
As to any treatment, to gymnastics with osteochondrosis has its own contraindications. You can not begin classes with an exacerbation of the disease, accompanied by a strong pain syndrome, high fever. Also, a contraindication can be any acute condition, for example, acute respiratory disease or influenza.
Basic rules for doing exercises
- Perform exercises daily, even several times,
- Keep your posture,
- Move smoothly, do not make sharp turns or inclines,
- Be careful: if discomfort or pain occurs, take a break. If the pain occurs again when the exercise is repeated, it is worth informing the doctor.
- Very carefully, perform a full circle of rotation with your head. Many doctors generally do not recommend exercises with a head tilt back. In any case, consult a doctor or instructor who conducts the classes.
Universal exercises LFK
- Lying on your back fully straighten. The left arm on the chest, the right hand on the stomach, make a uniform calm and deep breath, hold the breath for 10 seconds. Exhale, and you can relax. Exercise takes approximately 5 minutes.
- It is necessary to lie just as straight, only on the stomach, legs should be straightened, hands behind the head. Perform head lifts together with the upper body with an interval of 20 seconds. Duration of 3-5 minutes.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and rotate the body at intervals of approximately 20 seconds. Do this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Lie on your stomach, lower your arms along the trunk, turning your hands up. Sit down so that you can lie face down. Now turn your head to the left, then to the right, returning each time to its original position. Turn around 10 times.
Exercises for the neck
- Stand up straight or sit on a comfortable chair with a flat back, raise and lower your chin. Lower it to the chest as much as possible, after exhaling. Then lift up, taking a breath, but do not throw your head back. Perform at least 10 times.
- Sitting straight or standing, perform head turns, returning to the starting position. Do this exercise slowly and calmly 5 times.
- The starting position is the same. Tilt the head to the left and to the right, try to tilt the shoulder with the ear. Do 5 times.
- Slightly tilt your head back, and now try to press your chin against the jugular fossa, do 5 repetitions.
- Also standing or sitting, put a palm on the forehead( left or right it does not matter).Strongly press the forehead with the palm of your hand, but the head should remain still. Perform 3 times for 10 seconds.
- The same exercise, only the palm is superimposed on the left temple, then on the right temple, then on the back of the head. The essence of the exercises is that the head and palm seem to resist each other.
Along with gymnastics try to use the recipes of traditional medicine.
About the reasons for the development of this disease and the features of the disease course, read here.
These exercises perfectly strengthen the neck muscles, they are very simple, do not require any special equipment, you do not even need a place to lie down. They can be done anywhere, for example, in the workplace during a short break. When you are at home, you can combine two complexes and make a longer charge.
Regular exercise will save from complications, help maintain good health, stop or significantly slow down the degenerative processes in the body that inevitably occur in it. The main thing is not to be lazy and love yourself.
The video shows a set of exercises from one of the most famous chiropractors of Russia:
How we save on additives and vitamins : probiotics, vitamins, intended for neurological diseases, etc. and we order for iHerb( at the link discount 5 $).Delivery to Moscow is only 1-2 weeks. Much cheaper several times than to take in a Russian store, and some goods in principle can not be found in Russia.
CommentsComment * CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.