Special therapeutic exercises with coxarthrosis: recommendations and exercises
Gymnastics in coxarthrosis is one of the important components of the treatment of joint disease. The decision on what exercises should be performed with coxarthrosis, as well as on other compound therapies, is taken by a rheumatologist, if necessary in cooperation with a surgeon.
Stages of coxarthrosis and symptoms of
Coxarthrosis develops gradually, so it is chronic with periods of exacerbation. Clinical manifestations depend on the stage of development of arthrosis:
- The main symptoms of 1 degree of the disease: periodic pain after physical exertion in the hip, sometimes in the thigh or knee area.
- The main symptoms in the onset of 2 degrees of coxarthrosis are: pain-independent pain radiating to the inguinal region, thigh, as well as gait changes, hip mobility disorders, weakening of the muscles diverting and extending the thigh.
- Main symptoms of 3 degrees: persistent pain, severe limp, severe limitation of mobility of the thigh muscles, atrophy of the muscles of the shin and buttocks, which leads to a gradual shortening of the diseased limb and, as a consequence, the transfer of the center of gravity and increased load on the joint.
For the diagnosis of arthrosis of the hip joint, a consultation of a rheumatologist and an X-ray examination are necessary. After the diagnosis is clarified, it is necessary to start treatment in order to avoid complications. Only a doctor can decide on the most appropriate treatment, depending on the degree of development of the disease and the characteristics of the patient's body.
It should be remembered that the earlier the disease is diagnosed and treatment is started, including therapeutic exercise( LFK), the more favorable the prognosis is for the patient.
Diagnosis and treatment methods
Conservative therapy is applied at the first and second stages, including medical treatment( both local and systemic), physiotherapy( electro-UHF magnetic therapy, ultrasound, laser, etc.), massage, stretching of the joints, therapeutic gymnastics, dieting, walking stick, means of alternative medicine. At the third stage of coxarthrosis, surgical treatment consisting of hip replacement is required.
Therapeutic gymnastics: the necessary recommendations
Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be prescribed only by the attending physician. Physical exercises are selected depending on the degree of development of the disease, they should not burden the affected joint and should be aimed at strengthening the muscles.
Incorrectly selected exercise therapy with coxarthrosis can lead to joint injury, so it is so important to comply with all prescriptions of the doctor.
In addition to specialized exercises, swimming is very useful.
For the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hip joint, an integrated approach is required: therapeutic gymnastics should be combined with other treatment methods. The earlier the therapy was started, the better it will be for the patient's health. Therefore, if you find signs that bother you, do not delay contacting a qualified specialist.
Before proceeding directly to the performance of medical exercises, it is necessary to take into account some recommendations for the correct performance of exercise therapy:
- gymnastics should be more static, movements should not be sharp or too energetic, with excessive amplitude, should not cause pain;
- before the exercises and after the end should be performed massage of the muscles of the thigh and hip joint;
- is completely banned: excessive physical activity, deep and sharp squats, rocking the pelvis;
- therapeutic exercises with coxarthrosis can be performed by taking a warm bath, this helps to relax and relieve tension in the muscles.
After preparation, you can begin to perform the exercises.
Complex performed in the prone position
First you need to lie on your back, legs extend, hands to place along the trunk:
- With slow inhalation, hands rise, when exhaled, they drop. The number of repetitions of the exercise is 6 - 8. This exercise is repeated again after all the exercises on the back have been performed.
- Slow flexion and extension of hands in elbows. Repeat 6 - 8 times.
- Slow flexion and extension of the legs in the knees are performed, and the heels should not be torn from the floor. The number of repetitions is 8-10.
- Slowly turn the legs inside, without bending at the knees, and return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 8.
Lie on your back, legs extend, hands on belt:
- Slowly spread your legs apart, without lifting your heels off the floor, and return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 8.
- Slowly move with your feet as if riding a bike( exercise "Bike").Running time is 10 - 15 seconds.
Lie on belly, legs extend, hands on hips:
- Slowly lift head and shoulders and hold in this position for 2 - 3 seconds, return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 6.
- Slowly raise and lower your legs, without bending at the knees. Number of repetitions - 6.
Lie on belly, legs extend, arms in front of chest:
- Raise upper shoulder girdle, perform by hand 3 times symmetrical movements parallel to the floor( as in the style of "breaststroke"), return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 6.
- It is necessary to shorten the muscles of the pelvic girdle, to hold in this state for 10 to 12 seconds, then relax. At first, you can delay for 2 - 3 seconds, gradually increasing the time.
Lie on the side, opposite to where arthrosis develops. The hand on this side is bent at the elbow, the head lies on it. Slowly lift the aching leg and take it away, then lower it back, relax the muscles. Number of repetitions - 8.
Exercises in vertical position
Starting position: standing, legs together, lean on the back of the chair with both hands.
- Slowly make a half-saddle and also slowly return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 10.
- Slowly get up on the socks, stretching up, then slowly return to the starting position. Number of repetitions - 10.
Starting position: standing, lean your hand on the side of a healthy leg on the back.
- Raise the aching leg, then make some unsharp flaps forward and backward. The number of repetitions is 10.
- Raise the aching leg, then make some unruly circular movements. The number of repetitions is 10.
In addition, a special diet should be followed and, of course, adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician. Only in this case it is possible to improve the condition.
Deforming arthrosis( coxarthrosis) of the hip joint 1, 2, 3 degreesCoxarthrosis of the hip joint is a severe form of osteoarthritis, a disease that in medical practice occurs most often and constitutes more than 40% of all diseases in the musculoskeletal system.
This disease, basically, begins to develop after 40 years and men and women. However, in women this disease is more severe.
Coxarthrosis is a deforming arthrosis of the hip joint, which is successfully treated at the initial stage of development.
But, unfortunately, the sick do not seek to immediately seek help from a doctor, feeling the first pain in the hip statute.
Thus allowing the disease to progress.
How to cure a humeropathy periarthrosis - detailed article.
Learn what to do with a coccyx contusion here. The full article will help you decide on the solution of problems with the coccyx.
Causes of the disease
The reasons why coxarthrosis can develop in the hip joint is in fact a huge amount:
- the main cause is a violation of blood circulation, when the venous outflow and arterial inflow worsen. Because of this, the accumulation of metabolic products, and under-oxidized ones, can occur, enzymes start to activate, which subsequently begin to destroy the cartilage.
- mechanical factors are important. This is an overload of the joint. In the bulk of these overloads suffer professional athletes. Also, people with overweight are affected.
- biochemical changes in the structure of the cartilage. Disturbance of metabolism in the human body. And, of course, hormonal changes in the body.
- injuries. This traumatic dislocation, fracture of the neck of the hip, all kinds of fractures of the pelvis. It is after the trauma that coxarthrosis can begin to develop in people of young age.
- development of aseptic necrosis of the pelvic bone head.
- inflammation of the joints and infectious processes.
- diseases of the spine, such as scoliosis or kyphosis,
- flat feet.
- congenital pathology. Disturbance of joint development.
- congenital hip dislocation. It is for this reason that the development of coxarthrosis occurs in more than 20% of people.
- is a sedentary lifestyle.
- is the heredity of the body. Of course, the disease itself is not inherited, but the structure of the skeleton is transmitted. And if your relatives suffer from coxarthrosis, then the probability of occurrence of such a disease rises several times.
Coxarthrosis can be both primary, as an independent disease, and secondary, the development of which occurs as a consequence of other diseases.In nature, often occurs immediately in both hip joints - bilateral coxarthrosis.
What are the symptoms of coxarthrosis?
Symptoms of coxarthrosis are pronounced, so diagnosing the disease does not present difficulties. However, it must not be forgotten that the symptoms of coxarthrosis depend on the degree of the disease. The main signs of the disease include:
- constant pain in the thigh joint, in the knee, which do not cease even at rest.
- stiffness when driving.
- with a more neglected disease, the aching leg becomes shorter.
- develops muscle atrophy.
The mistake of people is that they ignore the first and main symptoms of the disease - pain in the hip joint, believing that the pain can pass by itself.
However, this is a great mistake, because coxarthrosis at the initial stage is easily and successfully treatable.
But basically, patients are treated already when pain is not possible at all, there is a restriction in the mobility of the leg, the hip joint is destroyed, and the thigh muscles are atrophied.Such a symptomatology may be another disease, so only a specialist can diagnose coxarthrosis and the appointment of an effective method of treatment is completely under the responsibility of the doctor.
Degrees( stages) of coxarthrosis
In medical practice, three degrees of development of coxarthrosis of the hip are distinguished:
1 degree of - characterized by not very severe periodic pains that can occur after prolonged physical exertion. The pain concentrates in the hip area. After rest the pain subsides. If you do an x-ray, you can detect initial changes in the pelvic bones. The articular cleft is unevenly narrowed, minor growths in the bones gradually appear. . But the neck of the femur and the head are still unchanged.
2 degree - the pain becomes more intense. Now the pain does not pass even at rest, is given to the groin and thigh. When walking for a long time, there is lameness. It is not possible to function fully at the joint. If you take an X-ray, you will clearly see progressive bone growths. The deformation of the head of the hip bone began. It can have an uneven contour or it is very enlarged in volume and shifted to the top. You can detect the formation of cysts. There is a thickening, and an extension of the neck of the hip bone.
3 degree - characterized by persistent severe pain, unabated even at night. For walking, support is needed. Atrophy of the buttock, shin, thigh muscles, and movement in the joint is limited.
At this stage of the disease, the pelvis tilts, which is the reason for the shortening of the leg from the diseased side, so you have to walk on your fingers and tilt the torso to the sore side. And this leads to overload in the patient's joint. If you consider an X-ray, you can find abundant bony growths. Moreover, the joint gap disappears completely, the joint can grow into one bone structure, as a consequence, a complete loss of real estate. The neck of the femur is maximally expanded.Learn how to treat an intervertebral hernia in this article.
About what to do and how to provide first aid with a coccyx contusion in detail here - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/travmy/ ushib-kobchika.html. Perhaps you will be interested.
Diagnosis of the disease
Only the attending physician can diagnose the disease with the help of clinical and roentgenologic data. With the help of research it is possible to establish the degree of development of the disease, its etiology. It is with the help of X-rays that it is possible to establish an accurate diagnosis, and therefore, to prescribe an effective treatment. The main thing is that this would be done only by a specialist.
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint.
When the disease of coxarthrosis of the hip joint is diagnosed by specialists, treatment is prescribed.Do not take self-medication at all, do not look for options how to treat coxarthrosis yourself. Consult with your doctor!
At 1 degree of , a preference is given to conservative treatment, using various medications and preparations( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors and other drugs).
NSAIDs are good pain relievers for coxarthrosis, relieve swelling and inflammation of the joint, thereby relieving pain.
Muscle relaxants relieve muscle spasms, stimulate blood circulation, and chondroprotectors contribute to the restoration of the affected cartilage tissue.These medicines are used both in tablets and in injections, depending on the degree of pain and the appointment of a doctor.
In the treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the folk remedies are also very helpful. The use of traditional medicine is possible in conjunction with conservative treatment, but it is necessary to consult with your doctor. Such a tandem usually gives good results.
Basically, applying ointments, tinctures, lotions of folk medicine, it is possible to relieve pain, spasm, inflammation, but they can not render a therapeutic effect.
physiotherapeutic methods ( laser therapy, therapeutic baths, acupuncture, mud therapy, massage, gymnastics) are of great importance in the treatment of coxarthrosis.
The choice of exercises is carried out with great care and only by an expert, that in no case will injure the patient joint.
arthroscopic debridement is used for the first and second degree of for the development of the disease, a surgical procedure in which small, destroyed cartilage particles are removed. This allows you to reduce pain and reduce stiffness in the joint.
Periarticular osteotomy is a surgical procedure in which the femur is filed in certain places, and then rejoins at a certain angle, which slows the development of coxarthrosis.Treatment of coxarthrosis 3 degrees in almost all cases surgical , since joint restoration by a conservative method is impossible.
A very complicated operation is performed to replace the joint with a special endoprosthesis, which is implanted in the pelvic and femur.
This prosthesis provides full vital activity to a person, since it is a complete copy of the present joint and has its characteristics.
Video. Exercises exercise and gymnastics with coxarthrosis.
A great advantage of using therapeutic gymnastics in the treatment of coxarthrosis is the possibility of their full and regular performance at home.
Bubnovsky's Gymnastics with Coxarthrosis
Coxarthrosis exercises: videos and recommendations
Coxarthrosis - a real trouble in the elderly, because with ankylosis( complete fusion of the head of the femur with the acetabulum), disability occurs - the patient is forced to move on crutches or on a wheelchair. Naturally, we must not allow such a finale. But how to be, when medicines bring only a temporary respite from pain, but coxarthrosis itself progresses further, leading to the complete erasure of hyaline cartilage and deformity of TBS? Exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint can become an exit.
Exercises for coxarthrosis can preserve the mobility of TBS and inhibit the development of muscular atrophy
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Gymnastics is the fundamental basis of this method of treating the patient's spine and joints, like kinesitherapy( motion treatment)
Deforming arthrosis is always accompanied by pain, The patient, trying to avoid the pain symptom, relieves the load on the joint. This is expressed in limp and the desire to accept the position in which the pain will be minimal.
In the period of exacerbation, such instinctual desires are justified, but if you continue to spare your shoulder, elbow, pelvis or leg, this will lead to
- development of coarctions( shortening of ligaments and muscles) of
- curvature of the spine and extremities of
- deformation and lack of mobility of
And the pain in this case will not go anywhere, and vice versa will be increasingly tormented with every new attack. Exit only in a thoughtful complex of therapeutic exercises performed daily by .
Physiotherapy in coxarthrosis should be prescribed by a competent specialist in the field of arthrosis, otherwise it can lead to nothing.
In what case is the exercise therapy effective
Why it is not worthwhile to be treated for the video with the exercise therapy?
- On the Internet, only general exercises are allowed that are permissible for preventive purposes, but they may not be suitable for each specific case of arthrosis:
Deforming arthrosis is known to be of three degrees and differ in different symptoms and clinical signs
- Joint development in the late stage of arthrosis(with formed osteophytes) may require mechanotherapy - the impact on the joint by mechanical vibration with
- vibrovacuum therapy
- extracorporeal shock wavetherapy( ESWT)
- phonophoresis and other methods
Vibrovacuum therapy is one of the methods of mechanotherapy that, in combination with exercise therapy, gives good results in the treatment of coxarthrosis
- It is precisely the combination of exercise therapy with mechanotherapy and manual therapy with the use of compresses made of dimexide,bishofit or medical bile
- To achieve the result, daily exercise of exercise therapy is required in combination with the methods listed above for a long time, and this is only possible under thestkim control
doctor At that point, that the self-pity, least of all appropriate in the treatment of osteoarthritis. I will have to do some exercises and through overcoming pain.
Many people take a lack of self-pity for themselves too literally, and begin to mindlessly burden the patient's hip joint, crouching endlessly or dancing in a squat.
This is erroneous.
You need to load only yourself( in terms of strong-willed solutions) and some muscle groups, but in no case a sick, practically motionless joint, otherwise it can simply not withstand the load and break
Video: Useful gymnastics for joints( Dr. Evdokimenko)
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = FazvCMAkraE
What exercises are needed for coxarthrosis
So what exercises are needed for coxarthrosis of the hip joints?
- In case of exacerbation of coxarthrosis and at the beginning of training with low-mobility TBS, when each movement causes severe pain, static exercises are performed: the hip joint remains at rest
- Exercises should exclude the axial vertical load on the joint and are performed in a supine or sitting position.
- . If the exercise resulted inpain intensification after its implementation, it should be stopped immediately
Do not perform complex exercise therapy and mechanotherapy :
- During exacerbationany chronic diseases
- Immediately after injury or operation
- After a stroke or infarction
- With increased blood pressure and intracranial pressure
- With thrombophlebitis and aneurysms
- With trophic ulcers and bedsores
- During the period of monthly
- In late pregnancy
Static gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Static exercises excludeload on the hip joint
The first exercise
- Lying on the floor, raise the straightened leg to a small height, while holding the pelvis and stomach toOlu Maintain
- leg so about half a minute then lower and relax a bit.
- Repeat exercise for the other foot
- Do the same exercise but at an accelerated pace: hold the foot for a few seconds
- Repeat ten times for each leg
- All movements are performed by the effort of the thigh and gluteus muscles
- The load on both legs must bethe same
The second exercise
Performed in the same way, the only difference is that the leg bends in the knee at a right angle.
Suitable for strong patients: if you feel that you can not do it, do not do it better.
- We turn over on the stomach, the legs are straightened, the arms lie loosely along the body
- Raise the legs over the floor for about 15 cm
- Hold them for several seconds, then gently divide them and slowly reduce them again
- Do all such movements up to 10 times
The fourth exercise
Performing lying on its side:
- Laying on the right side and tucking under the right leg
- Left straighten, raise and hold at an angle of 45 ˚to thirty seconds
- With the leg down, relax and repeat the exercise for the otherOGI
exercise is performed as well, but while holding the legs need to deploy its first foot out and then inward without bending at the same time raised his foot in
knee For more information: Dr. Evdokimenko on site.
LFK with coxarthrosis during remission
When remission( temporary withdrawal of the disease), it is important not to relax and keep the mobility of the joint with the help of simple exercises. If you perform them continuously, the pain in TBS will be much less, and the danger of atrophy of the hip and gluteus muscles
will disappear. These exercises should be performed during the remission of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back, bend the legs in the knees, approaching the feet as close to the buttocks as possible
- Dilute the knees and close again without lifting the foot off the floor
- Repeat the movements 10 to 15 times, increasing the amplitude of the
- Keep the horizontal position, raise the straightened leg as far as possibleabove
Slowly lower the leg and repeat for the other leg
- In the same position, we perform pendulum movements with the straightened leg from side to side
- Complicated version - cross movements with both legs
- You can also do movementsup or down with one or both feet
- Exercise "bicycle" - spinning the unseen wheels with the feet
Note: This is a very dynamic exercise for TBS.Many doctors do not recommend it in the late stage of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back with knees bent at the knees, raise the pelvis and, without lifting the foot, gently move it to the right and then left
Make 10 of these swings
- In the sitting position on the stool, lean forward and the tipsfingers touch the feet
- Sitting on the floor to spread wide the legs
To stretch out your arms and, bending forward, get alternately the fingers of the left, then the right foot
- Sitting right on the floor with your legs straight and connected together, bend over and girthfeet with hands
Prevention of coxarthrosis( not for debris)
The following exercises are not recommended for weak, untrained people and those with deforming arthrosis of the third stage of .
- Get down on your knees( knees on the floor, the heels rest on the buttocks)
- Slowly try to sit on the left thigh, stretching for the balance of the arm forward and to the sides
- Then without hands try to return to the original position
- If it does not work, lean on the floor with your left hand
- Repeat the same to the right
After some time of daily training, the exercise will be obtained without the help of hands.
Rolls from one foot to the other to the left and to the right:
- Set with the right foot and left to the side, without bending it and holding the foot with the whole surface on the floor.
- Hands aside and gently move your body to the left, bending the leftleg and straightening the right
- The restraint is thus transferred to the left leg, and the right one is now extended to the side of the
- . Repeat the roll several times.
. Of course, you should have memorized these unloved exercises from physical education lessons. And imagine, we could do them then without the help of our hands. If now they turn out to be beyond the power of someone, it indicates the weakness and atrophy of the muscles.
And if we did such gymnastics all our life, arthrosis of the hip joint would most likely not have arisen.
Video: Fighting with arthrosis with the help of yoga
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 196fhYpoJwo
Book P. Evdokimenko: The secret formula of health
Many leading experts with a world-wide name believe that exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is an event,without which it is impossible to defeat the disease. It is a complement to medical and other treatments, tested for centuries of use, does not require tangible financial costs and special adaptations.
It is very convenient to perform exercises, having previewed them by video. So you quickly understand the very essence of therapeutic physical education, you can avoid common mistakes, pick up the right tempo.
What is the benefit of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) at Coxarthrosis
? When practicing exercise therapy, you strengthen the periarticular muscles that protect the joint from various injuries and injuries. Since it is unavoidable after the performed exercise in your joint, blood circulation will improve, your cartilage will be times better equipped with nutrients and oxygen, which will accelerate the regeneration processes in it.
With the improvement of blood circulation, metabolic processes will be accelerated, extra liquid and toxic substances will be evacuated more actively. Activation of these processes will lead to a decrease in body weight, which is very useful when it is excess. Moreover, you simultaneously strengthen the cardiovascular system, reduce the risk of tumors, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart attack, cerebral hemorrhage.
Physical exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint: contra-indications
For the beginning of physical therapy in coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of serious contraindications. Let us list them:
- uterine bleeding, menstruation;
- increase in body temperature is greater than 37.1 g. Celsius;
- serious heart pathology;
- arterial hypertension, especially periods of sudden or significant increase in blood pressure;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- period of early postoperative rehabilitation, including postoperative period after endoprosthetics;
- significant exacerbation of many chronic diseases.
Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint: features of performing exercises
Features of performing gymnastics
Coxarthrosis is a special disease that requires special attention from you when doing gymnastics. Here are the most basic of its features:
- to exercise therapy only after hip massage, which should be repeated after the end of the procedure;
- if the pain in the joint is too strong during the execution of a certain exercise, then it does not suit you;
- movements must be smooth, soft, blurred. Avoid fussiness and haste;
- if the muscle pain has acquired intensity, then perform the complex in a bath with warm water. If possible, do gymnastics in the pool, under the supervision of an experienced instructor;
- there should be a short break between exercises, pause. So you will help your muscle fibers to "assimilate" fiz.load;
- deep amplitude in the gym at Coxarthrosis harms your already aching joints. Do not perform zealous turns in the pelvic area, squats before exhaustion, strictly limit the axial load on the hip joint.
Useful tips before beginning treatment with the exercises
After selecting the necessary set of exercises, be sure to read some tips that will help you not to harm your own body.
- Tip # 1
Before starting any type of exercise, consult with an expert. Even if the complex was selected correctly, but performed with the wrong intensity or excessive load, you can get the opposite effect.
- Tip # 2
You need to maximize the periarticular muscles and ligaments, but not the joint itself, because you will accelerate the destruction of the hyaline layer inside the joint structure.
- Tip # 3
Begin your studies during the remission period. During exacerbations, when all the symptoms of the disease are pronounced, it should be delayed with exercise therapy.
- Tip # 4
Practice daily, regularly, for a long period of time. Do not take long breaks. Stock up with willpower, because such constancy is given quite difficult in our dynamic time.
- Tip # 5
Begin with simple exercises, gradually complicating your studies.
Complex of exercises with Coxarthrosis performed by laying
Performing exercises lying on the back
For exercising exercise therapy in the initial lying position, you need a hard mat or gym mat that is easy to buy at any sports goods store.
Exercises lying on the stomach
Extend straight legs raise the maximum by 15 ° and freeze for a few seconds, then slowly lowered. If the condition allows, then the weight of the legs can be diluted one-sidedly, and then back to reduce. Hands are parallel to the body. Perform 7-10 times.
Alternately bend and unbend legs in the knee joint at an angle of 90 °.The arms are parallel to the body. Repeat up to 10 times.
Lying on your stomach, try to make everyone famous "bike".This simple exercise perfectly trains the muscles of the thigh, which is very useful for this articular pathology.
Exercises lying on the back
- Exercise, lying on the back.№1
The hands lie in an arbitrary position, the lower limbs are straightened and relaxed. Begin slowly to strain the muscles of the thigh, pressing the legs to each other. Then slowly relax them. Rest for a few seconds and repeat the action no more than 6 times.
- Ex. Lie down on a healthy side. Raise the aching leg to the maximum possible position. Then return the limb to its original position.
Put your hands on your hips, tear your straightened feet off the floor and put them on the floor again. Repeat the action several times.
- Ex. No. 4
Bend the lower limbs in the knee joints and slightly dilute them. Leaning on legs, but, without tearing off the shoulder girdle from the floor, raise the pelvis. You can lift it to a height where you do not feel pain. Try to stay in this position for as long as possible. Return to the starting position.
LFK, performed standing
- stand on the edge of a low stand, holding one hand against a wall or support. Lower one leg so that it does not interfere with free flies. Do not overdo the range of movements, limb lift to a position when you begin to feel pain. Repeat with the other limb. Perform no more than 15 flops;
- spread your arms to the side, slowly climb up your toes, stay in such position, how much will sustain the body, then slowly descend and stand on the whole foot. If it is difficult to perform this exercise without support, then stick to the back of the chair.
Complex exercises with a chair
The usual strong sturdy stool with a back can be turned into a full gymnastic shell. With his help, you can do a lot of exercises that help to ease the condition with Coxarthrosis.
- Ex. Sitting on a chair, bend over and try to reach the socks. Hold in the lowest possible position, then slowly rise and lean against the back of the chair. A little rest, repeat the process, but no more than 10 times.
Put the hands on the hip area, tear off the head and shoulders from the floor, then lie down again on the floor.
Standing, lean against the back of the chair and do squats, bending your knees 90 °.Repeat up to 7 times, depending on subjective sensations.
Coxarthrosis treatment consists of a pharmacological, physiotherapeutic component and therapeutic physical activity. The first two are controlled by a doctor, and gymnastics with coxarthrosis can be practiced independently. But the first sessions are also supervised by the LFK instructor. And all exercises with coxarthrosis have the following objectives:
- slowing down the destruction of cartilaginous structures;
- extension of functional load limits;
- increase in the amplitude of motion.
Since stimulation of the restoration of the cartilaginous tissue of the joints is a typical effect of physical activity, this treatment tactic is a success.
Features of the technique of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
Physiotherapy( LFK) in coxarthrosis exclude sudden movements, their wide amplitude, axial load and burdening of the lower limbs. They can not be performed on the simulators, and the priority is given to the gym. Its features are as follows:
- every movement should be slow and extremely calm;
- excludes sharp jerks and painful flexions;
- morning exercises, in addition to non-specialized exercises, should include a load on the hip joints;
- joints should be kneaded 3 times a day and every time before walking;
But therapeutic yoga with coxarthrosis is not an effective technique, as it practices elastic stretching of the muscles, due to which the joint capsule experiences stresses.
This load will be accompanied by the appearance of pain, and yoga and gymnastics with coxarthrosis III st, coupled with the appearance of osteophytes, are contraindicated. Even swimming has less negative effects. Exercise is excluded when exacerbating the pain syndrome in the joint: they should stop when you feel painful.
In view of the fact that coxarthrosis develops mainly in the elderly, the loads from the exercise should depend on the physical state. Diseases of the cardiovascular system require monitoring of its indicators. With constant form of atrial fibrillation, stenocardia of the 3rd and 4th functional class, acute infarction period, heart failure HIIB and HIII, cerebrovascular disease, physical exertions are also excluded. In other cases, when concomitant diseases do not affect the functional activity of a person, the load should be monitored as fatigue occurs.
Example 10 of the exercises
All exercises with coxarthrosis are basic and not intended for training. Their goal is to warm up and improve the movements that do not lead to pain.
Warm-up exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 1: position - on the back, hands along the trunk. Performance: slowly bending one leg in the knee, without lifting the foot from the surface( the hip is pulled to the trunk).Then the leg slowly straightens and the exercise is done for the other hip joint. The load is repeated 8-10 times for each limb. Exercise 2: The position is the same. Execution: straightened right leg slowly rises above the surface( the heel breaks off the floor by 5 cm), then the leg is lowered, and the exercise repeats for the left limb. Then again, the right leg with a heel lift by 10 cm and repeat for the left foot. Then again, the right leg - a gap of 15 cm, then 20, 25 and 30 with the end of the load.
Exercise 3: position - on the abdomen on a hard surface, arms along the trunk the same. Bending of both legs in the knees with the hips pressed to the floor( the angle of flexion is chosen by the patient), then the extension. Repeat - 10 - 15 times. Exercise 4: The position is the same. Performance: slow bending of the shin in the knee of one leg, touching the heel of the buttock( you can help with the hand), returning to the original position, repeating the movement for the other limb. The number of repetitions is 5-7 for each leg. If the patient could not touch the heel of the buttocks, then do not achieve this amplitude in the following repetitions or bend the leg, overcoming the resistance.
Working exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 5: position - on the back, arms along the trunk, pressed. Performance: flexion of the left hip joint( the knee is fixed in the maximum extension), lifting of the straightened leg with a heel lift by 15 cm from the floor with simultaneous turning of the foot inwards. Returning to the starting position, changing the hip joint, performing the load for the right leg. The cycle of repetitions is 8-10 times. Exercise 6: The position is the same. Execution:( flexion of the hip joint with a fixed knee) lifting of the straightened legs above the surface with a heel lift by 5 cm. Lowering of the legs, then lifting by 10 cm. Repetition further up to 30 cm in patients with coxarthrosis III st, and 40 with a second degree of disease.
Exercise 7: position - on the back, arms on the waist, dilated, elbows touching the floor surface. Lifting the right leg in the unbent knee joint 40 cm from the floor and lifting the left foot 10 cm. Exercise - bike( scroll 4-6 times in one direction, then also 4-6 times in the opposite direction).
Exercises for the hip joint
Exercise 8: standing position, feet straight, pressed against each other, hands on the waist. Fulfillment: drawing the straightened left leg to the side 15 cm from the other leg, then returning to the original, then performing for the right foot. Repeat with a 30 cm lead for both legs, then 40, 50 and 60. If the patient can move further without the appearance of tingling of the hip joint, you can increase the amplitude. If there is discomfort in the joint, the leg is withdrawn with decrease.Exercise 9: The position is the same. Execution: straightened left leg moves forward 20 cm from the right socks, returns to the original one and is retracted 20 cm from the right heel with a return to the original one. Repeat for the other hip joint, then again for the left leg with a setting of 30 cm. Then return to the ledge by 20 cm and again to 30. All in all, 5 lungs per 20 cm for each hip joint and 5 lungs per 30 cm for eachlegs.
Exercise 10 - gymnastics with coxarthrosis: the position is the same. Performance: rotation in the hip joint with the left leg with a deviation of approximately 20-30 cm from the other limb. Make 3 rotations in one direction, three in the other, change the limb. Perform 3 cycles of three rotations in different directions for each limb.
With the correct tactics of doing exercises, a person can not hurt himself, and a therapeutic goal will be achieved. It is the expansion of the volume of movement and the slowing down of the destruction of the cartilage. It is impossible to completely restore it in old age. Because LFK is a method of reducing the number and severity of the main symptoms of the disease.
Patients should also understand the impossibility of using techniques with muscle stretching and articular capsule tension( yoga).This excludes the possibility of using yoga and dynamic loads. But swimming for patients with coxarthrosis is permitted. The only exceptions are cases where, due to the small amplitude of movements, a person is not able to independently keep on the water and swim. But slow swimming remains a good method of exercise therapy.