Gout treatment with exacerbation of
Gout is a disease that affects the joints on the human body. Most often, the lower limbs, in particular the big toes, give way to negative influences. Treatment of gout with exacerbation is aimed at reducing negative symptoms and alleviating the condition of a person. The frequency of these periods is completely dependent on the course of the disease, as well as the habits of the person. Ignoring the main recommendations and not tracking the level of uric acid leads to frequent and severe attacks.
Treatment for gout during an exacerbation of
The disease can be eliminated in two stages. First of all, it is necessary to stop an acute attack, then to start to prevent the relapse. During the exacerbation it is necessary to use special drugs, they are the basis of treatment for gout. You can suppress an acute attack with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs. These include Diclofenac and Indomethacin. Take medication can be no more than 3 times a day for 1 tablet. Use them is not recommended for hypersensitivity and during pregnancy. Medications can adversely affect the body, leading to the development of disorders from the gastrointestinal tract.
Anti-inflammatory drugs can be replaced with drugs that have a milder effect on the stomach. They include Meloksikam and Nimesulid. You can use them for 2 days, after the onset of an attack. One tablet per day is sufficient to suppress the exacerbation. Take medication is not possible with a marked violation of the functionality of the liver and kidneys, as well as in the presence of ulcers. Can lead to the development of nausea, abdominal pain, and impaired renal function.
Therapy is successful if medications were taken for the first time after the onset of an attack. Treatment in the period of exacerbation is aimed at eliminating negative symptoms and preventing the progression of the disease. A person should get used to a healthy lifestyle. Correction of body weight, proper nutrition and high fluid intake will greatly facilitate its condition and will reduce the duration of seizures.
It is necessary to exclude foods rich in purine content from the diet.
These include: meat broths, fatty foods, seafood and milk proteins. The daily fluid intake is 2 liters. It is necessary to refuse from the use of alcoholic beverages, they provoke the development of exacerbation. And the attack can develop immediately after drinking alcohol. Compliance with all the rules, proper nutrition, abundant drink and the necessary medication will help ease the attack.
Gout treatment for exacerbation at home
Removing gout at home is aimed at suppressing an acute attack. Once the exacerbation has begun, it is necessary to provide the affected joint with complete rest. The limb should be in an elevated position. Treatment of gout at home is aimed at arresting an exacerbation.
If you can touch the patient's joint, you need to make an application using dimexide or ointment. Vishnevsky ointment is also widely used. It is necessary to apply the remedy to gauze and attach to the affected area, fixing everything with polyethylene. A person should drink a lot, preference is given to lemon juice, mineral water and oats broth. Medicines do not allow the lightning speed of pain, they need to be taken in conjunction with all methods to improve the effect. Diclofenac, Indomethacin and Movalis should give preference. These drugs can reduce pain.
When treating an attack, special attention is paid to folk remedies. The main recipes will be presented below.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation of folk remedies
Treatment should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, together with the use of alternative medicine. This will ease the pain and contribute to a quick recovery. Before you start treatment for gout with exacerbation of folk remedies, you need to consult a doctor.
To eliminate seizures, folk healers recommend using infusions and decoctions based on medicinal herbs. They can include several medicinal plants. Particularly effective are the following: chamomile, oak bark, needles, nettles and string. It is advisable to use infusions and decoctions on their basis inside.
- Recipe # 1.For cooking, you need to take a tablespoon of turn and chamomile. The ingredients are poured into 500 ml of hot water and insisted for an hour. Then the drug is filtered and used 2 times a day for 200 ml.
- Proven needle for the elimination of gout is needles. It is used as compresses.
- Recipe # 2.For cooking, take 500 grams of fresh needles and pour it with boiling water. The resulting product must be insisted for an hour, and then boil 60 minutes over low heat. When the broth cools, it is necessary to moisten the gauze and apply it to the affected area. It is advisable to leave a compress for the whole night.
- Recipe # 3.In equal parts it is necessary to take the bark of oak and the flowers of horse chestnut. Ingredients are taken in the amount of one tablespoon. All this is poured into 500 ml of alcohol and insisted for a week. After the set time, the remedy can be consumed on a tablespoon 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is 1 month.
Honey, iodine and activated carbon. Painful joints can be lubricated with honey in its pure form. Its composition contains many useful components that have a curative effect. From honey, you can prepare ointments, mixing it with animal fat, herbs and essential oil.
Iodine was used in the old days. It has an incredible effect on gout. Apply it as an antiseptic.
- Recipe # 4.In 10 ml of iodine, 5 tablets of aspirin should be dissolved. As a result, a colorless liquid will appear, which should be rubbed into the diseased joints.
- Recipe # 5.Baths from iodine. For their preparation, it is necessary to take 3 drops of the main ingredient for 5 liters of liquid. Such baths are used once every two days.
Activated carbon. These pills will help to eliminate gout completely, but only in the early stages. To prepare an effective remedy, take 20 tablets and crush them to powder. This adds a tablespoon of flax seeds and mixes to the state of gruel. The drug is infused for 12 hours. Apply the obtained ointment to the formed cones on the joints.
Gout is a subset of arthritis, the occurrence of which is associated with a failure of the metabolic purine metabolism, which occurs with the formation of uric acid crystals in the joints. An exacerbation of gout brings a painful pain to a person, accompanied by another pathological symptomatology. If the state of health worsens, the patient needs urgent medical help, which only specialists can provide him.
In this article:
- Causes of
- Symptoms of
- Diagnosis of
- Treatment of
- Prevention of
- Forecast of
Causes of exacerbation of gout
Depending on the catalyst that caused the attack( and the increase in uric acid in the blood), the disease under consideration is divided into primary and secondary pathologies. But experience shows that the source of hyperuricemia, which provokes the development of primary gout, remains largely undefined in most cases. One of the assumptions of modern physicians is the version of the complex imposition of hormonal and genetic factors that have worked on the basis of certain features and addictions of a person in nutrition.
The causes of exacerbation of gout secondary type are determined by such sources:
- Drug therapy. Long-term use of certain drugs can provoke the development of this pathological process. For example, such effects can be given by thiazide diuretics, aspirin, nicotinic acid, pyrazinamide,
- Overweight. As statistics show, in people with excess kilos this problem occurs three times more often than people with lean physique.
- Genetic predisposition of the patient. If in his family a close relative had such a problem. Every fifth patient with this diagnosis has a relative of the patient with gout.
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. They provoke an increase in the level of uric acid in the body of the drinker, which ultimately leads to the pathology considered in this article.
- Organ transplantation.
- Leukemia is a group of malignant diseases that affect the cells involved in the process of hematopoiesis.
- Psoriasis - presumably an autoimmune non-infectious pathology, affecting mainly the skin of the patient.
- Lymphoma is a cancer pathology affecting the human lymphatic system.
The age and sex of a patient can be included in the risk factor. Predominantly gout suffer men who have reached the age of forty. But this does not exclude the appearance of this disease in women, it's just that such cases are diagnosed much less often.
The pathogenesis of
To effectively treat a disease, physicians must understand its pathogenesis, the only way to expect complete cure or transfer of the disease to the stage of remission. Otherwise, the therapy affects only the symptomatic indices of the disease, which can somewhat improve the patient's condition, but not solve the problem as a whole.
The basis of the problem is the growth of uric acid in the blood, which can be caused by various reasons. Similarly, hyperuricemia is not a single symptom of gout, it is present in the symptoms of a fairly wide range of diseases.
Therefore, the pathogenesis of the disease under consideration in this article is based on the triuvirate of factors:
- The deposition in the tissue structures of uric acid compounds.
- Modified transition of these compounds into crystalline structures.
- Inflammatory processes affecting the joint tissues of the human body, that is places of accumulation of substances forming into gouty granules( tofusi).
Failures in purine metabolism lead to activation of the process of formation of uric acid. The source of this phenomenon can be endogenous purines, produced directly by the patient's body, and exogenous purines that a person receives with food.
In an organism of almost all mammals, an enzyme such as uricase is present. It works on splitting uric acid and removing it from the body. If genetically or in the process of development in the patient's body the process of producing uricase was broken, then, accordingly, there is a failure in the destruction of the acid, which provokes its accumulation in the human body.
Symptoms of gout exacerbation
As practice shows, the medical condition under consideration is divided at the stage having its own symptomatology:
- Asymptomatic hyperuricemia.
- Acute gouty arthritis.
- Monoarticular gout.
- Polyarticular gout.
- Intercritical gout.
- Chronic gout.
Symptoms of gout exacerbation, perhaps, have the most pronounced symptomatic color:
- High pain intensity, localized in the region of joints and adjacent tissues.
- The pain increases with any movement in the problem area. Sometimes even an insignificant load is unbearable. For example, a blanket, which the patient is hiding during rest.
- Predominantly painful syndrome permeates in the night and morning.
- Puffiness of the joint, in a number of cases, and adjacent tissues.
- The growth of temperature indicators locally in the place of injury.
- Hyperemia of the skin. The dermis becomes smooth and glossy.
- It is possible to chill and slightly increase the temperature of the whole body.
- Deterioration of the general condition of the body and appetite.
Predominantly symptomatic affects one joint.
First signs of
If we speak directly about the disease, its first signs are manifested by the appearance and growth of articular growth in the articular region. When the illness worsens, a person begins to feel growing pain in the place of the lesion. Sometimes on several painful attacks the aggravation can and will stop. And perhaps further development of pathology, in which gradually begins to manifest the entire spectrum of pathological symptoms.
The essence of the matter directly depends on those actions that were made or not made against the background of an exacerbation of gout. If timely measures have been taken to stop the attack, the consequences of exacerbation are represented by attenuation of the inflammatory process. Gradually, pain and all accompanying symptoms begin to disappear. Man eventually returns to the familiar life.
But not everything is as rosy as it seems at first glance. Over time, the destructive process progresses, involving new joints. The uric acid substances begin to accumulate, destroying them, but for the time being the disease does not manifest itself. Crystalline deposits( tofusi) grow and, under a certain confluence of circumstances, there is a new, but already more large-scale, exacerbation.
Places of primary accumulation are articular joints of phalanx of fingers and toes, knees, elbow joints, forearm area, curls of ears and a number of others.
With proper therapeutic treatment, one can expect a sufficiently high standard of living. Timely treatment, prevention of disease and regular medical supervision - these are the three whales on which the normal life of a person with a history of gout is maintained.
But with improper care, ignoring the recommendations of a doctor or in case of a neglected disease, complications can occur. They are able to express such deviations in the state of health of the patient:
- Transition of the disease into a chronic form.
- There is destruction of cartilage and bone tissue.
- Deformation of the joint apparatus.
- Immobilization of the joint.
- Practically constant incessant pain.
- Difficulty walking.
- Appearance and increase in the size of tofus. In the absence of adequate therapy, they can achieve significant dimensional parameters( there are cases when the sizes approached the parameters of the golf ball).The growth of these bone formations leads to complete disability of the person.
- Up to 40% of patients with a diagnosis of gout have problems with the kidneys. This is a scroll and stones in the organ, nephrolithiasis, with a special neglect of the case - renal failure.
- With prolonged course of the disease, pathological changes begin to affect the cardiovascular system, causing ischemic heart disease and cardiac dysfunction, as well as hypertensive manifestations.
- This process affects the development of the patient's diabetes, cataracts, dry eye syndrome.
- Rarely, but there have been cases of complications affecting the respiratory system, that is, the appearance of deposits of uric acid crystals in the lung tissues.
Diagnosis of gout exacerbation
Only an experienced and qualified doctor is able to diagnose a disease correctly. At the same time, he must have the necessary results of tests and other medical examinations, and the patient's examination by the doctor himself. Direct diagnosis of gout exacerbation consists of a number of studies:
- Laboratory tests.
- Synovial fluid analysis.
- Blood test to determine the level of uric acid.
- Instrumental diagnostics.
- Computed tomography( CT).
- Magnetic resonance imaging( MRI).
- Differential diagnosis - exclusion of other diseases with similar symptoms:
- Pseudogout is a common inflammatory arthritis typical of people aged. Primary pain syndrome appears in the knee, then in other joints, but, usually, it does not affect small joints( for example, on the fingers).The aggravation, mainly, overtakes in the autumn period or early spring.
- Septic arthritis.
- Infectious arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Severe inflammation, pain syndrome. The diagnosis is made only on the basis of detailed analyzes and studies.
- Osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis.
- Various infections.
- Charcot's foot, neuropathic arthropathy. In the early term, the symptoms of this disease are akin to gout: edema of the lower limb, hyperemia, cracks in bone tissue, displacement of blood vessels.
- Bunion of the big toe.
- A number of other pathologies.
When establishing a diagnosis, a specialist must have a complete clinical picture of the disease. To do this, the patient is assigned laboratory tests. In this case, if suspected of gout, the patient is prescribed:
- Investigation of synovial fluid. This analysis is quite an informative and accurate method of diagnosing the disease in this article. The synovial fluid is essentially an articular lubricant that "envelops" the entire joint, forming a protective pouch. With the help of this analysis it is possible to diagnose the disease even during the period of remission. The method network is the taking of fluid from the articular sac by means of a puncture. The procedure is not so painful that even local anesthesia is applied. It is not applied disinhibiting and for other reason - it is capable to lower reliability of the received result. The taken liquid enters a specialized laboratory, where it is possible to recognize the presence( or absence) of monosodium urate crystals( MSU).Their presence and confirms the disease described in this article.
- Urinalysis. If a patient exhibits signs of hyperuricemia, even if it is a young man, then this analysis will establish the amount of uric acid in the urine. If this parameter is higher than the accepted standards, then the attending physician directs his patient to additional studies. After all, this indicator can speak of both gout and the formation of sand and stones in the kidney or bladder. The intake of the test fluid is carried out during the period of pain abatement, after the patient starts purine diet. During this period, the patient should not take even low-alcohol drinks and any pharmacological agents. These substances can change the veracity of the result.
- Blood test. This study is conducted to determine the level of uric acid in this liquid. If the parameter in question has a low level of characteristics, then this diagnosis is immediately discarded as not well-founded. If the result is significantly higher than normal, it begins to go about hyperuricemia and, accordingly, the suspicion of gout. In this case, an analysis of concomitant symptoms is performed. But it is worth remembering that the presence of hyperuricemia is not necessarily a sign of the disease under consideration, but in the case of an exacerbation of gout, the level of uric acid is not always higher than normal. It can be within acceptable limits or even be somewhat lower. But still, as medical statistics show, in more than 80% of cases of a high urinary acid content in the urine, a diagnosis was confirmed-gout.
Do not dispense with modern medicine and without additional research, produced with the help of specialized medical equipment. Instrumental diagnosis of the disease in question can be expressed in a number of techniques, but the most popular are:
- Radiography, which gives a complete picture of the state of bone tissue and the presence, as well as the degree, destruction and deformation of the joint. This technique allows you to identify and other related diseases. The X-ray image reflects the real state of the musculoskeletal system, the presence of tofus even before they are visible with an armed gaze.
- Computed tomography. This technique visualizes the processes occurring in the area of interest.
- Magnetic resonance imaging( MRI).The method is similar to the previous one. Allows you to view the joint in 3D measurement. At the same time, the produced photographic package makes it possible to use the obtained survey results more than once.
- Ultrasonic dopplerography is a survey conducted to investigate the state of blood flow in vessels invaded in the area of interest.
Even having on hand all the results of research and analysis, having received a complete picture of the disease, only a qualified experienced doctor can put the correct diagnosis. He carries out differential diagnosis, the essence of which is to exclude diagnoses that have such a symptomatology and confirmation of one.
Most often, people who are far from medicine confuse the diagnosis in this article with a pseudogout. The symptomatology of these diseases is very similar. Therefore, in order to differentiate the disease, physicochemical analysis of urate crystals is foreseen.
Assign an analysis that identifies the infectious disease of the body, resulting in diseases such as infectious arthritis, Lyme disease, fungal, bacterial, tubercular, septic, viral arthritis, osteomyelitis.
The doctor should also exclude such pathologies as rheumatoid arthritis, big toe bursitis, systemic vasculitis, Reiter syndrome, Still's disease, Charcot's foot, neuropathic arthropathy and many other pathologies of similar symptoms.
Treatment of gout exacerbation
Once the diagnosis is established, the doctor can proceed with the appointment of a protocol for the therapy of the disease. Treatment of gout exacerbation is conditionally divided into two main stages. Primarily it is necessary to reduce the intensity of pathological symptoms. The second stage of the physician is being transfigured for the treatment of pathology or preventive measures, which makes it possible to withdraw the disease in question to the stage of remission, thus avoiding recurrence.
In a modern protocol for the treatment of gout medics are injected soft drugs to at least partially protect the stomach from their effects. The most commonly used drugs are celecoxib, meloxicam or nimesulide, related to the pharmacological group of selective blockers.
Even before the recent sharpness of the attack, doctors were removed with drugs that have anti-inflammatory characteristics: diclofenac or indomethacin. But as further observations show, these drugs negatively affect the work of the kidneys and liver, which is unacceptable, especially in the case of gout diagnoses, in which these organs are already undergoing negative changes.
Sometimes colchicine is prescribed, but it does not enjoy such popularity as the drugs voiced above. This is due to its wide enough side effects and negative impact on the kidneys, digestive tract and liver.
But a number of patients do not need medical correction, it is enough to restrict themselves in the diet during an exacerbation, excluding from it food products that bring uric acid into the body. It will not be superfluous to watch your weight, not allowing the development of obesity.
In case of exacerbation, patients may be prescribed drugs with analgesic characteristics. It can be: no-spa, analgin, diclofenac, paracetamol, instant 400, aspirin, ketanov, nurofen, took, tramal and others.
As already mentioned above, the patient is prescribed
antidotal drugs such as purinol, allopurinol alopron, egis, allupol, sanipipurol and others.
The essence of drug therapy is a decrease in the level of uric acid in the patient's blood. And here allopurinol, an active antidotal drug, is highly effective.
It is administered in amounts directly dependent on the level of the uric acid medium. The minimum dosage of the drug is 100 mg, the maximum dosage is 800 mg. Usually, on average, this level is 200 to 400 mg daily, divided by one or two doses.
Monthly monitoring of serum uric acid levels is required.
Contraindications for this medicine include hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, kidney failure, pregnancy and the period of the newborn's breast-feeding.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) are entered in the protocol for the treatment of patients who do not have special health problems, since they have a significant effect on the work of the liver and organs of excretion. These include: ibuprofen( in low dosages), mothrin, naproxen, indomethacin, diclofenac, sulindac, ketoprofen, voltaren, dexibuprofen and a number of others.
Indomethacin - the strongest inhibitor of prostaglandin biosynthesis is usually taken after a meal in the amount of 25 mg two to three times a day. If necessary, this dosage can be increased to 100 - 150 mg daily, divided into three to four doses.
Contraindications of this pharmacological means include hypersensitivity to the components of the medicine, peptic ulcer of the digestive system, renal failure, bronchial asthma, pregnancy and the period of the newborn's breast-feeding.
Drugs of this pharmacological orientation are applied in a limited way, due to their negative impact on the functioning of the excretory system and the liver.
Anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drug nimesulide is prescribed to adult patients at a dosage of 100 mg twice daily. For maximum effectiveness, it is recommended to drink after eating. Children who are not yet twelve years old, the drug is not prescribed, and the dosage of older teens is calculated by the formula of 5 mg per kilogram of the patient's weight, separated by two daily doses.
Contraindications of nimesulide include the hypersensitivity of the patient's body to its components, significant malfunctions in the work of the kidneys and liver, the presence of internal gastric bleeding, ulcerous or erosive lesions of the stomach or duodenal mucosa( especially during the exacerbation period), as well as the period of pregnancy and lactation in a woman.
The treatment protocol can also include uricolytic drugs that are designed to protect the kidneys of the patient from the reabsorption of uric acid substances, which contributes to their better removal from the body.
Such medicines include, for example, sulfinpyrazone( anturane) and probenecid( benemid, probalan).
The starting dose of probenecid is 0.25 g two to three times a day for a month. Dosage is increased gradually. Thus the skilled expert knows, that to achieve greater efficiency it is possible entering in the protocol of treatment together with probenecid and colchicine.
People suffering from gout often have problems with blood pressure. Therefore, such a patient may be prescribed antihypertensive drugs.
Ointment for exacerbation of gout
When the symptomatology of the attack increases, its blockade is first carried out. Then, therapy is carried out aimed at the recovery processes in bone and connective tissues. It can be prescribed with an exacerbation of gout ointment, which has anti-inflammatory, anti-snuff and analgesic characteristics. In this regard, ointment fullflex proved to be quite good.
Ointment should be rubbed into the affected joint tissue twice a day. It is recommended to do this immediately after a morning awakening and before going to bed. Apply the drug until the moment the inflammation is stopped and the pain symptomatology disappears.
To optimize the treatment it is recommended to use full cream ointment, together with the oral administration of fullflex capsules, against the background of proper nutrition.
Due to the fact that the medicinal product under consideration is manufactured on the basis of natural plant components, its contraindications are not so significant. These include only increased sensitivity or intolerance to at least one of the components of the drug, the tendency to allergic reactions, the period of pregnancy and lactation, the age of the patient to 14 years.
Often other ointments are also used to relieve pain and inflammation. For example, fastum gel, niflugel and others.
Traditional treatment of exacerbations of gout
The experience of our ancestors allows us to use folk remedies to relieve many diseases. This fact applies to our problem.
One of the methods of treatment our ancestors considered purification of the body, including joints. For example, this procedure can be carried out with infusion from laurel sheets.
The medicine is being prepared the day before.5 g of raw material is poured with half liters of boiling water, boiled for another five minutes and, after pouring into a thermos bottle, it is given over a night. In the morning, the medicine should be drained and drunk in small sips throughout the day. Take this infusion should be two to three days, after which you need to make a week break. Then purification continues.
An excellent remedy for this pathology are bee products. They are applied as ointments, on the basis of bee venom, so directly the bee stings themselves, which are made into the area of the affected joint. But this technique is suitable only for a patient who is not allergic to a bee product.
There will also be a recipe: three heads of onions to rinse and place in a liter of boiling water. Put on medium heat and cook until the bulbs begin to lose shape, falling apart. The composition should be allowed to cool slightly, after which it should be drained and taken 150 ml before each day's meal. The duration of onion therapy is at least two weeks. Broth not bad copes painful symptoms. If you have another attack, you can repeat this "medicine".
A significant place in the treatment of gout is given to various herbal tinctures and their broths - this is the basis of non-traditional methods of treatment.
Treatment with herbs
Due to the fact that nature has presented us with a great variety of medicinal plants with diverse characteristics, herbal treatment for gout does not take a small part of the prescription heritage. Here we recall only a few of them.
- Romashkov - salt baths. To prepare them, you must first prepare a decoction of 100 g of vegetable raw materials and a couple of liters of water. Then, dilute the liquid with another 8 liters of water, placing it in a basin. Add 200 grams of salt here( not bad, if it will be marine).Procedures are carried out by lowering the diseased joint into the prepared solution.
- You can do the same procedure, but taking for broth 50 g of chamomile and 50 g of elderberry black flowers. With such a decoction, you can make baths or apply compresses on its basis to the joint.
- Well-proven sequence that should be brewed in a water bath for a quarter of an hour, diluting a tablespoon of the plant with a glass of boiling water. Drink instead of tea.
- Effective and oat broth, cooked which will take some time. Glass of grain pour a liter of water and put in a container on the fire, bring to a boil and keep on fire until the volume of liquid is reduced by half. In this case, the fire should be small. Then set aside on the edge and allow to cool slightly. To strain. The resulting liquid is mixed with two glasses of whole milk. Bring to a boil again. Drink one glass of "medicine" three times a day.
- A tincture of lilac flowers is also suitable. The medicine is prepared as follows: take a container of dark glass, fill it completely with vegetable raw materials. After that, pour in alcohol or vodka. At 0.5 liter bottle of lilac flowers will take approximately 200 ml of alcohol. The vessel should be sealed and placed in a darkened place for seven days. The product must be shaken periodically. Tincture is taken before a meal of 20 - 30 droplets.
- Teas, brewed on cranberries or strawberry leaflets, are well established. Such a drink should be drunk for two to three months in a cup twice a day. In the season of berries, they can be eaten raw, not less than a glass a day.
- The ginger root, taken in the form of tea, is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. One or two teaspoons of grated food for a cup of boiling water, taken three times a day, to feel the surge of energy and prevent the development of the disease.
There are also many other recipes, but before being treated with folk remedies, it is not superfluous to ask a specialist for advice.
Homeopathy with exacerbation of gout
To date, homeopathy is gaining increasing popularity among people who adhere to the treatment of various diseases using alternative medicine methods.
With regard to arresting the disease under consideration, homeopathic physicians are ready to offer a number of drugs that, if not allow to lead a person to a full recovery, will help to eliminate pathological symptoms, improving the patient's condition.
Уртика уренс - this homeopathic product cleans well the joints and many body systems. Its basis is stinging nettle. The drug takes 5 drops, diluted with a small amount of water every two to three hours. Taking surplus uric acid, the medicine does not lessen the severity of the attack.
Benzoicum acidum is another preparation of homeopathy of a similar action. Its basis is benzoic acid, obtained from natural raw materials.
Colhicum - removes puffiness and stops the inflammatory process. The basis of the drug is a medicinal plant.
Sarsaparilla is an analgesic, which helps with pain symptoms during gout.
Ledum palustre - relieves inflammation of small joints of the foot and hands, tendons and heels. Helps to remove excess uric acid. The basis of the drug is the medicinal plant rosemary bog.
Urea Pura - relief of acute manifestations of gout and gouty specimens. The basis of the drug is urea.
Urikum Acidum - allows softening gouty conglomerates of uric acid deposits. The drug is especially effective for gout, gouty eczema, rheumatism.
But, as it is not regrettable it sounds not always you can do only with the correction of nutrition, drug treatment or the recipe of folk medicine. If the clinical picture of the disease is presented by tofus or tofusomi of large dimensions, the pathology area is infected, causing the patient a lot of discomfort( pain and difficulty in movement), this patient is shown surgical treatment.
If joint immobilization is aggravated by an infection, the situation is associated with a high risk of complications, which can only be prevented by performing an operation to remove uric acid from the joints adjacent to the soft tissue joint. In some cases, this operation can affect the joint itself. The deformed organ can be a substitute for a prosthesis.
Diet in case of exacerbation of gout
If a person has a diagnosis of gout in a medical history, it is very important to eat properly, because a number of food products bring additional uric acid to the human body, which is already in excess, which only exacerbates the pathological picture. Therefore, a diet with an exacerbation of gout is an integral element of treatment.
This patient needs to control the intake of excess purines in his body.
From the diet of this patient should be excluded( or minimized):
- Smoking( nicotine).
- Strong tea.
- By-products: liver, tongue, brains, kidneys.
- Reduce the consumption of meat, even low-fat varieties up to 200 - 300 g per week.
- Daily intake of salt - no more than 5 g.
- Fatty varieties of fish.
- Spices and Pickles.
- Strong coffee.
- Canned and smoked products.
- Any saturated broth.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables. Accepting only thermally processed products.
- Fresh baking.
- Dried fruits.
It is allowed to leave in the ration:
- Porridges and soups based on any croup.
- Sour-milk products.
- Only heat-treated vegetables and fruits are allowed.
- Milk in small quantities.
- Natural fresh juices, compotes, fruit drinks.
- Whole grains.
- Stale yesterday's bread.
Doctors recommend such patients during the week to do one - two days of shipment, during which it is necessary to take only one kefir, or cottage cheese with yogurt. Allowed and apple unloading( or another mono-product).
You should not overeat( go to five to six meals a day) and starvation. The volume of one serving is not more than 200 ml.
If you eat according to diet and follow the doctor's other recommendations, then the exacerbation of the disease can be quickly stopped, and then generally put the disease into a state of remission.
Preventing exacerbations of gout
Any disease or attack is better to prevent than to deal with the problem later. To prevent relapse, it is necessary to prevent the disease. Doctors recommend:
- Monitor your diet, do not get carried away by consuming foods with high purine content.
- Doing sports. It does not have to be a heavy load. It is enough to get by morning jogging, walking or light exercises, which would form a muscular corset. It will reduce the burden on the joints, having spent some of the effort on yourself.
- Joints should not be heavily stressed.
- Drink a sufficient amount of liquid, which will allow the timely and complete removal of excess uric acid.
- Strong twists are forbidden.
- If the patient has sedentary work, it should be compensated by regular training.
- Keep track of the weight. Extra kilograms - this is an excessive burden on the musculoskeletal system.
- Avoid injury to the joints.
- Do not wear narrow and uncomfortable shoes. She traumatises the joints of the foot.
- The same applies to clothes.
- If the patient has gone through chemotherapy, then to prevent the prevention of urinary acid deposits in the body, he is prescribed antihyperuricemia therapy. Mostly it is the reception of the drug allopurinol.
As the statistics show, the forecast of gout is favorable enough. Practically all patients with this diagnosis suffer more from the symptoms of accompanying pathologies than from the directly considered disease, the exception is the period of exacerbation. But the sooner adequate measures are taken, the easier it will be for the patient to suffer an attack.
It is also known that such patients, in most cases, suffer from nephrolithiasis( stones and sand in the kidneys) or urolithiasis( metabolic disorders leading to the formation of urinary stones), as well as from kidney failure and it can be the causelethal outcome, and not considered in this article disease.
If you read this article, then, we hope, made the right conclusions that an exacerbation of gout can be completely avoided. When all the recommendations of the doctor are implemented, patients usually live happily to a very old age, while leading a quality, familiar life. For this purpose it is necessary to put a little bit of zeal: proper nutrition, active way of life, positive emotions and attention to one's organism guarantee this. But if the aggravation is still there, do not brush aside the problem, resorting to self-management. It will be right to seek the help of a qualified specialist who, after evaluating the clinical picture of the attack, will help to find the most effective and quickest solution to the problem. And we wish you good health and a full and rich life!
Tablets for the treatment of gout
The joint is destroyed by crystals of uric acid
Such a disease as gout is known to mankind since ancient times. The cause of its occurrence is an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood. Excess uric acid leads to the fact that the kidneys do not have time to remove it from the body. As a result, salts are deposited in the joints, which causes severe inflammatory processes.
Successful treatment of ailment largely depends on nutrition. From the diet should exclude all products that promote the formation of uric acid. Drug treatment for gout is prescribed when compliance with the diet does not bring relief and the level of uric acid in the blood is still high.
Features and symptoms of the disease
In the old days gout was considered a disease of aristocrats, as it developed as a result of excessive consumption of meat and alcohol, which the poor could not afford. Today, when meat products and alcohol became available to almost everyone, almost all strata of the population were affected. Prevalence of gout is low: on average, there are only 3 cases of diseases per 1 thousand people, while men suffer from it more often than women.
The peculiarity of the ailment lies in the fact that it has a chronic form and is not completely cured. If a person has been diagnosed with gout, he will need to adhere to a special diet in order to avoid exacerbations until the end of his life, eliminating meat and alcohol from the diet. The drinking regime is also very important. To remove uric acid from the body, the patient should drink 2-2.5 liters of fluid per day. But only if he does not suffer from kidney disease.
Gout is characterized by a paroxysmal course. Its symptoms are difficult to confuse with the manifestation of some other disease. The gouty attack always begins suddenly and is accompanied by unbearable pain and increased sensitivity of the area around the joint, inside of which accumulated salts of uric acid. At the initial stage of the disease, the pain is localized in the joint of the big toe. It becomes hot and red.
Manifestation of an acute attack of the disease
An attack occurs most often at night, when a person is at rest. If the patient does not pay attention to the alarming symptoms, does not go to the doctor and does not begin treatment, the ailment will progress and spread to other joints. A distinctive feature of gout is tofusi( gouty buds), formed on the site of a cluster of crystals of uric acid. If the disease is started, it will lead to serious impairment in the functioning of the kidneys.
Many people who suffer from bouts of gout, the question arises: how to treat this disease? Noticing the symptoms of ailment, the patient should apply to a medical institution and undergo an examination. If the result is that the level of uric acid in the patient's blood is increased, he will be prescribed medication.
Medicines for the treatment of gouty arthritis in modern medicine is not so much. They are divided into 2 groups:
- medications used by patients during an attack;
- tablets intended for long-term use during remission.
Drugs used during the attack
In the treatment of gout, the anti-inflammatory and anesthetic drug colchicine is widely used, its action is aimed at normalizing the exchange of uric acid in the body. Colchicine in tablets is intended for relief of acute attacks and reception as a preventive agent. It has a complex effect on the body:
- relieves pain syndrome;
- lowers the migration of leukocytes to the site of inflammation;
- reduces the production of uric acid salts and prevents their accumulation in the joints.
Treatment of gout with colchicine should be performed at the initial stage of the attack, in this case the drug has the maximum therapeutic effect on the patient's body. If tablets are taken from gout at the height of an attack, they can not quickly remove its symptoms. To treat the acute form of gout on the legs and other inflamed areas, colchicine should be taken only as directed by the doctor. The duration of anti-gout therapy is determined by a specialist.
Before drinking colchicine, you should read the contraindications for its use. These include:
- hepatic and renal failure;
- is an advanced age;
- is an individual drug intolerance.
The most common side effects in the treatment of the drug are allergic reactions, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, anemia. Long-term use may cause thrombocytopenia.90% of patients say that treatment of gouty arthritis with colchicine produces a positive therapeutic effect. Its analogues are such agents as colchicine and colchimine.
Today, gout attacks are successfully stopped by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs).These include phenylbutazone, methindole, indomethacin, ketazole, butadione and other drugs. Medicines from the NSAID group effectively relieve the pain syndrome in a gouty attack, reduce the temperature and contribute to reducing the inflammatory process in the affected joints. They are more effective than colchicine, and are better tolerated by the patient's body. The question of which of the non-steroidal preparations is best to choose is the doctor's decision. He will also prescribe the dosage of the medication and the duration of his admission.
Since gout reminds itself of itself always unexpectedly, it is advisable for the patient to constantly carry with him the prescribed pills and in case of an attack immediately take them.
Drugs for the prevention of exacerbations
If a person has chronic gout, treatment is carried out with preventive medicines intended for long-term use. This drug is allopurinol - a drug whose main effect is to reduce the amount of uric acid in the body. Tablets are available in dosages of 100 and 300 mg. For the removal of seizures, this medication is not used, it is prescribed during remission, when the joint is not inflamed.
The doctor selects the dose of allopurinol individually for each patient, based on the results of his analyzes. The minimum dosage of the drug is 100 mg, the maximum dosage is 800 mg per day. To avoid negative consequences, allopurinol treatment is started with a minimal dose. Drink the medicine after eating. To achieve a positive therapeutic effect, allopurinol should be taken for several months. Contraindications for treatment with this medication:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- kidney failure;
- individual intolerance to the components of the medication.
Usually patients tolerate allopurinol well if it is to be drunk. In rare cases, they may experience side effects in the form of insomnia, depressive state, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blood diseases. At the initial stage of taking the drug, the aggravation of the illness is possible due to the release of uric acid from the gouty tofusi and other places of its concentration. If you feel worse when taking medication, the patient should consult a doctor.
In addition to allopurinol, anti-gouty drugs that reduce the level of uric acid are thiopurinol, probenecid, benzobromarone, anthuran. They are also designed to prevent gout exacerbations and are prescribed for a long period.
How to treat gout at home
- 4 Prevention of seizures and relapses
Gout is a chronic systemic disease with fairly frequent bouts of exacerbation associated with impaired purine metabolism and the accumulation of uric acid and its salts in the body. Most patients have a natural and natural question about how to cure gout at home.
It should be noted right away that the task is almost impossible to cure forever, but it is possible to achieve persistent remission, get rid of joint pain and significantly reduce the number of gout attacks.
In addition, the main course of therapy can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Which doctor treats gout?
It is absolutely not recommended to take any medications for gout, use ointments, do compresses without consulting a specialist. Assessment of clinical symptoms, diagnostic tests, the formulation of the appropriate diagnosis and the appointment of a specific treatment should be done either by the local therapist or by a rheumatologist.
How to treat gout at different stages at home?
At home, you need to cope not only with acute attacks of gout, but also learn to prevent relapses. And also to achieve a stable remission, having previously received a consultation from the attending physician. Treatment of gout with medicines is aimed at such factors:
- Combating acute joint pain and getting rid of common symptoms of inflammation.
- Reducing the frequency of relapses as much as possible.
- Prevent further accumulation of uric acid salts and elimination of existing foci of urate deposition.
How can I remove a gout attack with leg joint damage?
For the removal of an attack of gout, relief of pain and elimination of signs of the inflammatory process in the joints on the legs, medications are applied, as well as local therapy( applications and compresses).Before using any of the listed therapeutic methods, be sure to get approval from a medical specialist.
According to the common practice, from the attack of gout and joint pain at home, only proven and effective medications should be used, preferably in the form of tablets, capsules and soluble powders. With the permission of the supervising physician, you can take:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen, nimesulide).
- In case of ineffectiveness of NSAIDs or presence of contraindications - colchicine.
- If the above medicines for gout do not help, then go on to taking glucocorticoids in tablets( prednisolone).
Despite the fact that aspirin belongs to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it and other salicylates are not recommended for exacerbation of gout and clinical symptoms of the disease. As some studies show, soluble aspirin tablets taken ingestion can increase the level of uric acid and provoke an increase in the attack.
For the treatment of any form of gout, when it is aggravated, local therapeutic procedures are actively used. Excellent effect:
- Application to the affected joints( metatarsophalangeal toe, knee, ankle, elbow, wrist) dimexide solution. The effectiveness of the procedure is significantly increased when combined with a glucocorticoid drug.
- Heating compresses, which usually need to be done after the pain subsides.
After performing medical treatment of gouty arthritis at home, and not having lost the clinical symptoms of inflammation of the joints on the legs, it is necessary to always contact the attending physician again.
What ointments are used for gout when joints on legs are inflamed?
Clinical experience shows that with the inflammation of any joint on the legs( knee, ankle or metatarsophalangeal joint of the big toe) the treatment of gout with anti-inflammatory ointments is practically not effective.
Quickly to remove joint pain in the diagnosis of gout, using a variety of ointments or gels, usually also fails.
Folk remedies for acute gout attack for home treatment.
. To non-traditional methods of therapy of gouty arthritis that can cope with both joint pain and normalize uric acid level, is:
Treatment of gout with exacerbation: diet during the periodexacerbation, nourishment
Gout is a chronic disease of joints and organs that occurs against the background of disturbances in the process of excretion of uric acid salts( urates) from the body. Not excreted from the body, urates are deposited in the joints and organs, which leads to inflammation and pain. Urinary acid is formed as a result of the disintegration of purines, obtained by the human body from outside with meat food.
Signs of development of gout in the body are:
- formation of growths( tofusov) on the joints;
- is an inflammation and aching joint pain;
- loss of mobility of the affected joint.
Timely detection of signs of disease plays an important role in avoiding exacerbation of the disease. The main sign of an exacerbation of gout is a gouty attack.
Acute exacerbation of
A gout is called sudden severe pain in an affected joint. The attack usually occurs at night during sleep and is accompanied by a significant inflammation and redness of one or more joints, an increase in the temperature of the affected area.
The most common cause of gout aggravation can be a plentiful evening meal with an abundance of meat dishes and alcohol. Separate reception of alcohol or meat can also provoke an attack, tk.break the exchange of uric acid.
Treatment during an exacerbation of
What should I do if I have an exacerbation of gout? The main goal of treating gout with exacerbation is arresting( interrupting) a gouty attack and restoring metabolic processes. There is a set of actions aimed at removing the exacerbation of gout in the patient. In this case it is necessary:
- strict bed rest;
- the limb with the affected joint should lie on the hill;
- on a sore joint, you need to make a lotion with Vishnevsky ointment or a healing decoction;
- take anesthetic;
- strict "hungry" diet - liquid porridge, broth on vegetables;
- plentiful drink of alkaline drinks( not less than 3 liters per day): mineral water, lemon juice, rose hips.
The basis of treatment for both chronic and acute forms of gout is a complex of medicines and diets. Treatment of gout in the period of exacerbation of gout includes a diet, painkillers medications procedures and ointments.
The most common diet in the disease of gout is diet number 6.It is considered sparing, because it allows 2-3 times a week to diversify the ration of cereals and vegetables with boiled cape or fish. Diet for gout during the exacerbation will look different. Now the main task is the rapid restoration of the metabolism for their removal and prevention of an attack.
In the diet with exacerbation of gout will include an increased amount of alkaline liquid, which helps to remove substances from the body and only liquid food. Patients with gout with exacerbation are shown 2-3 meals a day. The rest of the time - only drinking, the more, the better.
If a patient is diagnosed with gout, he is prescribed a course of antidotal drugs, which are initially divided into two subgroups:
- drugs used to treat chronic manifestations of gout;
- preparations necessary for the onset of a gouty attack.
The funds of the first group work only in the period of remission, so when the attack comes they are powerless.
When an attack occurs, the patient should be given a drug from the second group. These include the means whose purpose is to extinguish pain, to remove inflammation and to lower the temperature in the inflamed joint and thereby to stop the gouty attack. It can be as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and anesthetics( colchicine, indomethacin and so on), and hormonal drugs( glucocorticoids), whose injections are prescribed if the attack does not subside.
If in the course of treatment a patient is prescribed a drug that reduces the level of uric acid in the body, then during an attack it should be taken in the same doses. The attack can last for several days, and if you do not promote the excretion of uric acid from the body, the period of remission will be short. For example, a drug such as Allopurinol, you can drink with exacerbation of gout, but only if it was previously prescribed. If it was not prescribed, it is contraindicated to take it for the purpose of arresting an attack. This can lead to complications.
Widely in the treatment of exacerbations with gout used therapeutic ointments and gels. They exert an external effect directly on the affected joint, reducing the pain impulse and relieving inflammation.
Among the methods of physiotherapy there are procedures that allow to reduce the intensity of seizures by the following methods:
- ultrasound irradiation - breaks down uric acid salts, reduces pain and inflammation in the joints;
- thermal treatment - produces an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect;
- phonorez with hydrocortisone - provides absorption and effect of medicinal ointments;
- electrophoresis - allows to anesthetize the affected areas, promoting the expansion of blood vessels;
- applications of dimexide - anesthetize and stop inflammatory processes.
Folk methods of treatment
In the absence of drugs or ointments, folk remedies come to the rescue. At home, you can prepare an effective remedy to relieve the exacerbation of gout. What can be treated for exacerbation of gout from folk remedies? In this case, traditional medicine also offers a comprehensive impact on the problem, namely, the internal and external.
External remedies for traditional medicine include ointments, compresses and joints for joints. To the inner - tinctures and broths of medicinal herbs. BecauseTo act during a gouty attack it is necessary quickly, by some means it is better to stock up in advance.
Ointment on house oil
Butter( 200 g) melt over low heat and pour 200 ml of alcohol into it, stir and set it on fire. Wait until the alcohol burns out completely, then collect the resulting mass and store it in a cool place. Apply for an attack, rubbing into the inflamed joint. Do it better next to the heat source.
Compress on a decoction of camomile chamomile
The flowers of chamomile and black elderberry in equal proportions are poured with a small amount of water and heated( not boiled).Then in the resulting broth soak the tissue and cover her inflamed joints.
sage. Sage medicinal flowers( 100 g) pour 6 liters of water. Boil in a sealed container for 10 minutes.
Washed, but not peeled bulbs( 3 pieces), pour a liter of water and cook until ready. Strain the resulting broth and take 200 ml 3 times daily before meals.
Prevention of exacerbations of
Further exacerbations of the disease can lead to its complications, including urolithiasis and kidney failure. The consequence of such complications is already a fatal outcome. Therefore, if the disease of gout is diagnosed in you, it is worth remembering the prevention of its exacerbations.
Preventing exacerbations of gout includes a clear adherence to the course of treatment and strict adherence to diet, active lifestyles and rejection of bad habits. There are few points, but a deviation from them can again lead to complication.
Found 12 doctors for the treatment of the disease: Gout
Proven recipes for the treatment of gout |Recipe for health
When gout occurs, the deposition of salts in the tissues of the body, which is associated with a violation of metabolic processes. The disease causes severe pain in small and large joints in a person, which makes him not survive the best time. Treatment of gout with exacerbation is often carried out in a hospital, so this disease can be very difficult.
But recurrent arthritis with gout not only causes severe soreness of the joints, but also gradually leads to their deformation due to the appearance of gouty cones - tofus. Treatment of gout with folk remedies at home is aimed both at symptomatic action, and at preventing complications of this insidious disease in the form of deformity of the joints.
Causes of gout
The most common pathology is diagnosed in middle-aged men. It is believed that there is a predisposition of the body to metabolic disorders, but only under the children of provoking factors will gout develop. These factors are:
- Increased pressure
- Excessive consumption of purines( meat, fish, coffee, pulses, etc.)
- Some autoimmune diseases
All these conditions of the body cause an increase in uric acid and its salts in the blood,tissues and joints. Gradually, a typical gout clinic develops.
The main symptoms of gout
Initially, the disease is usually asymptomatic, but at this stage, certain laboratory tests can reflect a malfunction in the body. Acute gouty arthritis can occur suddenly as an attack of pain, swelling of the joints, redness of the area over the joints.READ ALSO: What should be the diet for a gout
Seizures initially pass for 7-14 days, but can subsequently take a long time. Sometimes a person feels such severe pain that it causes an ambulance, and treatment of gout with exacerbation begins with the introduction of powerful painkillers.
As a rule, with gout, the big toes are always inflamed, and it is in this area that the first tofusi, cones from the deposited salts, most often appear. If at this stage the patient draws fluid from the joint, a large number of urate salts - urate - will be found in it. In the future, the inflammatory process involves other joints - large and small.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation and during remission
Usually it is enough for a person with gout without an attack to eat right and follow other measures to prevent pain attacks. If there is an acute stage, but its severity is not too strong, it is recommended to eliminate all provocative foods from the diet and start treating gout with folk remedies at home.READ ALSO: A drop of medicine for gout
Often, people have to be treated at home after discharge from the hospital, because needs medical therapy under the control of the rheumatologist .Up to 14 days a person can spend in the hospital, where he is given injections of special anti-gout drugs, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs.
In order not to bring to regular receptions of drugs that are very harmful to the stomach and intestines, it is better to follow the preventive measures of the disease and even during the remission turn to natural natural remedies.
Treatment of gout with folk remedies at home
It is very important for gout to observe proper nutrition that will help a person control the intake of purines in the body. If you eat according to a diet, do not take alcohol and use popular recipes, time-tested, then exacerbations of the disease can be minimized.
Sage from gout
100 gr.herbs are boiled in 6 liters of water for 10 minutes. After cooling the broth, it is necessary to lower hands or feet into it, keeping it in the liquid for half an hour or an hour. To keep the broth warm all the time, you should always pour hot water into it. After the treatment is worn warm socks, or gloves, go to bed. The procedures are performed before bedtime for 1 month, and during this time gouty buds dissolve, the pain goes away.
Ointment for gout from oil and alcohol
100 gr.butter without salt is melted in a water bath before boiling, remove the foam from the heated oil. Pour in the same dishes 100 ml of alcohol( preferably medical), mix thoroughly. After this mixture is ignited, the alcohol is completely burnt out. That means, which turned out in the end, is very effective for treating gout in case of exacerbation. Ointment is rubbed into the painful joints, while being near a heat source.
This remedy perfectly helps with gout. It is very important to find out beforehand if the patient has allergies to bee stings, and also to remember that when you abuse you can experience symptoms of toxic poisoning. After biting the bee in the area of the affected joint, improvement in the condition of the person, reduction of pain is observed.
Chamomile as a remedy for gout
For gouty tumors on the joints it is useful to conduct the following treatment of gout with folk remedies. At home, the procedure is very simple.100 gr.chamomile flowers are brewed in a liter of boiling water, insist half an hour. Then dilute the infusion in 9 liters of water, 200 grams is also added there.salt. It is useful to make the baths for hands or feet for half an hour by pouring hot water.
Chamomile and elderberry
Based on chamomile, you can perform another treatment for joints with gout. For this, 50 gr.chamomile flowers and elderberry flowers are poured with boiling water, heated to boiling. After filtering, fill the cotton pads with the received napar, apply to the diseased area of the body, attach it with a warm cloth. The remedy will remove any pain, so it will be irreplaceable with exacerbation of gout. Treatment is carried out until pain is reduced( from half an hour).
Strawberry: eat in season for the prevention of gout
During illness, a person in the "strawberry season" should eat as many of these berries. Strawberries help to normalize metabolic processes, thereby reducing the likelihood of a new attack of gout.
Lilac: tincture from gout
The flowers of lilac in May are collected in such quantity that it was possible to fill a glass jar with 0,5 liters. Then up to the top the jar is poured with vodka, kept for 21 days in the dark. After percolate, drink 30 drops three times a day, diluting in water. The course of treatment is from 3 months. In addition, it is possible to rub such joints with painful joints or make compresses on their area.
Pasta from gout from mustard, honey, soda
This product has a warming effect, so it can help reduce pain. It is recommended to prepare a mixture with the addition of honey, which promotes resorption of tofus. Mix the soda, mustard powder and honey in equal parts, apply paste to the joints, wrap them with a film. On top wrap the compress with a warm cloth, keep it on the body all night.
Folk ointment for gout
50 gr. Combine vegetable oil with soaked laundry soap( quarter of a piece).In this ointment also need to add 50 gr.kerosene, teaspoon of soda. Blend the sore spots with a mixture, hold for 30 minutes, then rinse.
Dough from gout
Earlier, in villages with severe pain, half a glass of millet was milled into flour, a spoonful of beer yeast, a teaspoon of salt was added to the flour. If necessary, add a little water to knead the dough. They smeared dough on rags, applied to joints of legs, hands, changing lotions every 2 hours until the pain ceased.
Gout Foot Trap
Once upon a time, gangbang disease was overwhelmed by exceptionally rich and noble people. Indeed, the higher the standard of living of people, the more often it occurs.
It is known that during the war, under difficult economic conditions, this disease is practically not affected.
In men, gout occurs 20 times more often than in women. The primary age of the newly infected is 40-50 years. In children, gout is very rare, usually in cases of hereditary impairment of uric acid metabolism.
For the first time the disease was described by Hippocrates, who called it a trap for the foot( podos - stop, agro - trap).The great healer believed that the causes of the disease lie in gluttony and alcohol abuse. It was only in the nineteenth century that medicine established the connection of gout with a high content of uric acid in the blood, which is formed during the breakdown of proteins and is a white, poorly water soluble powder. If uric acid is formed more than normal or its elimination from the body is not enough, it begins to be deposited in the joints in the form of sodium monoaurate. The process of deposition of monourate in tissues also causes a gouty attack. Especially prone to this are people who are prone to crystal formation.
Classification of gout
Clinically in the course of the disease, three stages are distinguished:
- I acutely arisen arthritis arthritis;
- II interstitial gout;
- III chronic tofusnaya gout.
Acute attack of gout
As a rule, exacerbation of gout begins suddenly at night, after a plentiful feast with a lot of meat and alcohol. The payment for a nice time is truly terrible. Pain grows rapidly, the joint that has fallen from the trap blushes, swells, becomes hot to the touch. The patient does not find a place, the slightest touch, even the bed linen, to the affected joint is extremely painful( symptom of the sheet).The body temperature can rise, there is a chill. It seems to the unhappy man that a dog is tearing his fangs into his body and tearing the tendons into parts. A gout attack can cover other joints, and within a few hours a person becomes practically immobilized. At first, such an attack can go through a day or two, the gout temporarily retreats only with a protein-free diet and without any treatment, but after a while it will come back again. Chronic leaking, the disease affects the entire body, so starting from the first metatarsophalangeal joint, gout gradually involves other joints with a similar picture of inflammation. For example, gout knee is characterized by redness, swelling, pain, severe movement restriction, effusion to the joint. When puncturing the joint in the synovial fluid, crystals of urate sodium are detected.
One of the characteristic symptoms of gout is the formation of tophi gouty nodules, which are local clumps of urate crystals in the subcutaneous tissue. Tofuses on the arms in the region of the elbows and metacarpal joints, forearms, on the legs in the field of the Achilles tendons, over the joints of the feet, on the extensor surface of the thighs and lower legs, on the forehead, in the region of the ear canals, as well as on the internal organs, including the kidneys,heart, pericardium and blood vessels.
As a rule, gouty nodes are painless. Soreness can occur if nearby tissues are involved in the inflammatory process.
At present, much attention is paid to the treatment of patients during the inter-attack period, despite the fact that they feel normal. This is the cunning of gout, as in the absence of acute symptoms, the exchange of uric acid remains disturbed and without proper treatment in the tissues microtophytes continue to form. Disease as a clever hunter freezes in anticipation that the victim will break the diet or, for example, will be injured. And after waiting, he slammed his hellish trap harder on the next joint even more zealously. But if only this. Much more terrible consequences of the disease are the defeat of internal organs, including the heart and kidneys. Chronic kidney failure, for example, can lead to death.
Diagnosis of gout
The diagnosis of gout is made when there are specific complaints and symptoms, laboratory data, radiography, positive dynamics in response to colchicine treatment. Unfortunately, in some cases the patient's medical history may not describe the characteristic arthritis of the disease, and gout is diagnosed at a late stage, when its effects are revealed: severe kidney damage and chronic kidney failure.
Treatment of gout should be comprehensive. First of all, it is a diet with the exception of products, the cleavage of which produces a large amount of uric acid: meat of young animals, fish, beans, peas, fish caviar, beer, etc. It is necessary to comply with bed rest and take a large amount of liquid to improve the excretion of urate from the body and prevent the formation of urate and oxalate stones in the kidneys. In addition, treating a patient with a gout diagnosis involves normalizing body weight, preferably under the supervision of a physician, to prevent rapid weight loss that leads to excess uric acid formation and gouty crises. From medicinal preparations the doctor can prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, colchicine, in some cases glucocorticoids, and in the interictal period, allopurinol to maintain a normal level of uric acid in the blood.
In addition, much attention should be given to changing the lifestyle of the patient. Psychotherapy should be directed at this. It is quite difficult to work with such patients, because it is about changing habits and behavior patterns. And the patient is ready to change only when he hurts. Pisodes of the acute manifestation of the disease are short enough to have time to rebuild their lives and develop new habits, and at the time of the attack not before. Therefore, only the joint work of a psychologist and the patient himself can bring results.