Possible causes and treatment of pain in the wrist joint?
Pain in the wrist joint can signal serious diseases: arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, inflammation of the joints, ligaments and tendons, polyarthritis and other serious ailments. In addition, pain can occur due to dislocations, fractures, sprains. Only a specialist will be able to determine the exact cause of the pain, analyzing all the symptoms. This should be done as quickly as possible, so as not to compromise the mobility of the joints.
The wrist helps the hand to perform various movements, and most of the load goes to him. Therefore, this area is so vulnerable. Quite often, pain in the wrist can cause inflammation of the nerves and tendons, for example, when the cervical spine is damaged. However, pain directly in the wrist joint can cause arthrosis or arthritis. These diseases are characterized by deformation of joints, tumors in soft tissues and mobility problems.
Arthrosis and arthritis
Most often, various injuries, dislocations or fractures provoke arthrosis of the wrist joint.
With arthrosis, joint mobility is significantly reduced, but the disease does not manifest itself in any way and the patient's hand has an almost healthy appearance. Only fractures of bones with displacement can provoke a strong deformation of the wrist joint affected by arthrosis.
Rheumatoid arthritis also often affects the wrist joint.
The main difference between arthrosis is that severe pain occurs precisely during rest, at night or early in the morning. But with the movement of pain may not be so strong, and by the evening pass completely.
In rheumatoid arthritis, the appearance of the joint changes greatly, and swelling may occur. In addition, the affected area can be observed "swelling" or "failure" against the background of muscle atrophy of the joint.
Correctly selected therapy necessarily gives a good result. Treatment of arthrosis or arthritis includes a whole complex of procedures: massage, reflexology, shock wave therapy, kinesiology, millimeter wave therapy, magneto-laser therapy and mud. But the main thing is the full protection of the patient joint by the patient. The hand is strictly forbidden to overload. When working with high physical loads, it is necessary to protect the joint with special orthopedic devices, for example, wristlets.
Disease Various injuries, direct shocks to the wrist area, falls with the support of the hand are the most common causes of pain in the wrist joints. With such injuries, an acute pain arises in the affected area, the wrist swells and loses its mobility.
Another common cause of pain - active sports, accompanied by sharp grips and wrist bends. These movements are typical for tennis, rowing or golf. Force loads cause tendonitis. The anatomical structure of the wrist provokes the appearance of these diseases. The shells through which the wrist tendons pass are too narrow, and even a slight irritant effect on these tendons can lead to the formation of seals in them.
Joint pain can occur as a result of carpal tunnel syndrome. This ailment is most often affected by pregnant women. The main cause of the disease is an increase in body weight and the appearance of edema. These symptoms are most pronounced in the second and third semesters of pregnancy.
Monotonous loads on the same muscles can cause pain in the wrist joint. Most often they occur in people who constantly work on the computer( when typing on the keyboard and running a computer mouse).With such exercises, the wrist is in constant tension and, as a result, it hurts. Tendons that are next to the nerve, swell. Sometimes there may be swelling of the nerve itself. Most often suffer from the joints of the right hand, as in right-handers, it performs most of all movements. In the area of the joint, discomfort is felt, the strength of the grip weakens, the hand and palm grow numb. This disease is called tunnel syndrome.
It is necessary to have information on how to treat the disease, but it is equally important to know the methods that can prevent it. To prevent damage to the wrist will help regular exercises aimed at strengthening his muscles. The appearance of even minor discomfort in the wrist area should be a signal to stop or change the physical load on it. When carrying out the grip, you need to use the entire brush, not just your fingers. Otherwise, you can hurt your wrist.
If the work involves the use of vibrating tools, the hands should be protected with special gloves that can support the brush, as well as vibration-absorbing pads. Special wrist devices should be protected during active sports.
While working on the computer every hour, you need to take a break for 5-10 minutes to stretch your fingers, shake your hands, do a few sit-ups. To protect yourself from falls and not injure your hands, shoes should be chosen comfortable on a firm sole.
It is necessary to avoid lifting very heavy objects. It is better to divide the load and transfer it in parts.
It is strictly forbidden to engage in self-medication. Therapy should be conducted only after consultation with a specialist and under his close supervision.
Causes of pain in the joints of the hands
In the process of human evolution, the upper limb ceased to perform only the musculoskeletal function and turned into an instrument of labor. With the help of hands we perform all the work, create masterpieces of art, write, communicate, etc. All this has caused the upper limb to have very high mobility and amplitude of movements. And it is provided by several joints of the hands:
- joints of the hand and fingers.
Unfortunately, these joints are often amenable to the negative effects of external and internal factors, which leads to their damage and restriction of function. The joints of the hands hurt with many diseases, but it is very important to determine the true cause of arthralgia, because this directly affects the treatment and its success.
In this article, you will learn what the joints of the upper extremities can hurt, what it can lead to, what to do in such cases.
Small joints of the hands are often drawn into various pathological processes
Causes of pain in the hands
Brushes consist of a large number of bones and joints. This allows you to perform the smallest movements. If you have pain in the joints of the hands at rest or during the movements, then, most likely, you have some kind of disease or bruise. Because of usual fatigue, the pain in the small joints of the fingers is very rare. This is possible, for example, in a child after a long vacation, when the fingers have been resting for a long time and have lost the habit of writing.
Consider the main pathologies, which are accompanied by pain in the hands.
This is a chronic autoimmune systemic disease of connective tissue with a predominant lesion of the joints of the body. With rheumatoid arthritis all joints can become inflamed, but most often the joints of the hands, wrists and elbows are drawn into the pathological process.
Suffer people of all ages and even children. Women are sick 3 times more often than men. Pathology has a long course with alternating periods of exacerbations and remissions.
At the initial stage of rheumatoid arthritis, patients complain of aching pains in the joints, which intensify toward evening and disturb at night. By morning, pain, as a rule, passes, but is replaced by a feeling of stiffness in the affected joints. Muscle strength decreases, some people can not even squeeze their hand into a fist, gradually the muscles of the hands atrophy. Inflammation of the joints is symmetrical, that is, it is observed simultaneously on both hands.
If the disease worsens, there are external signs of inflammation: the pain intensifies, the joints swell, the skin over them becomes reddish and hot to the touch. Violated and the function of the limb.
Over time, the pathological process causes the destruction of joints, which leads to severe and disabling hand deformities, typical of rheumatoid arthritis.
Typical deformity of the hand in rheumatoid arthritis
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is a very difficult task. Therapy can be divided into basic( constant, supportive) and treatment during exacerbations. Apply potent drugs from the group of cytotoxic drugs, glucocorticoids, monoclonal antibodies, various ointments from pain.
This is a chronic degenerative-dystrophic disease of the musculoskeletal system, which is based on the gradual destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, which causes secondary changes in the form of loss of mobility and deformation of the joints.
In most cases, osteoarthritis affects the large joints of the body( knee, hip), but sometimes small arms articulations are involved in the pathological process. Such a course of the disease is typical for women after childbirth, in the climacteric period, during pregnancy, which confirms the role of female sex hormones in the pathogenesis of pathology.
Polyostoarthrosis progresses slowly. In the beginning, patients complain of a painful nature that occurs after work in which the hands are involved. After rest all unpleasant sensations pass. As the progress of arthrosis, the pain does not disappear on its own, it begins to bother the person and at rest, damaged joints crunch, stiffness in them and deformation develops.
Knots of Bushard and Geberden that occur in case of polyostoarthrosis of the fingers of the hand
If you do not start to treat polyostoarthrosis, then eventually you lose the ability to perform finger movements, which leads to disability and impossibility to self-service.
Psoriasis is not only a typical skin rash. Approximately in 10-15% of cases, this pathology occurs with joint damage. Most often, joints of the hands and feet become inflamed. For psoriatic arthritis is characterized by the so-called axial damage, when all the joints of one finger are inflamed simultaneously. In this case, it drastically swells, turns red and becomes like a sausage.
Arthritis in psoriasis has a chronic course with periods of exacerbations and remissions. It can develop simultaneously with a skin rash, after it or even outpace the appearance of rashes.
Arthritis in psoriasis
This inflammation of the joints over time also leads to deformities, loss of limb function and disability of the person.
Gout is characterized by joint damage to the feet, but quite often there is an atypical variant of this metabolic disease. Fingers on the hands become inflamed with gout more often in the fairer sex.
Gouty arthritis on the hands is very difficult to distinguish from rheumatoid in the initial stages. Help in diagnosis of the history and additional techniques. It is characterized by a paroxysmal course, and with exacerbation the pain syndrome is so severe that patients can not even touch the articulation. It swells, reddens, the skin above the joint is red and hot to the touch. The lesion is asymmetric, as in rheumatoid arthritis, for example, only the joints of the right hand can be inflamed.
If gout exists for a long time, then under the skin can be found specific nodules - tofus. These are deposits of uric acid salts under the skin.
Gouty arthritis with tophi on fingers
Why does the wrist joint
hurt If the wrist joint( wrist) is aching, then, most likely, the problem is in the ligaments, muscles or nerves of this zone. For example, patients with carpal tunnel syndrome suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, tenosynovitis of de Carven, epicondylitis of the elbow, etc. In these diseases, the pain is localized not strictly in the zone of the wrist joint, it spreads above and below it, also certain areas of the skin grow numb,in the hands.
If the pain is localized strictly in the area of the wrist, then most likely we are dealing with arthrosis( occurs in 10% of cases of generalized deforming osteoarthritis) or arthritis( most often this lesion occurs with rheumatoid arthritis in 50% of cases).
With arthrosis painful, appears after a working day, accompanied by a crunch in the joint, the gradual development of its stiffness and deformation.
In rheumatoid arthritis, the lesion is symmetrical, there is a swelling of the joint, its morning stiffness.
Joint changes in arthritis and arthrosis
Causes of pain in the elbow joint
The elbow joint is complicated and superficial. This contributes to its frequent damage. Pain in the elbow worries not only athletes, but also other people. Consider the main diseases that are accompanied by this symptom.
ArthritisStill advised: Why does the pain in the fingers of the hand occur?
Arthritis( inflammation) of the elbow joint can be caused by several factors. These are infectious agents( bacteria, viruses, fungi), and allergic reactions, and autoimmune processes. Arthritis can be acute and chronic. Regardless of the cause, the following symptoms of arthritis of the elbow can be distinguished:
- pain at rest or during movements;
- swelling of the joint;
- redness of the skin above it, increasing its local temperature;
- dysfunction of the limb.
On the back of the elbow joint is a synovial bag that performs a protective function. In case of its inflammation, bursitis occurs. Inside the inflammatory fluid accumulates, which causes the characteristic symptoms of the disease. The cause of bursitis can be infection, trauma or a constant increased load on the back surface of the elbow joint.
Symptoms of bursitis:
- pain is acute, pulsating, disturbing both at rest and under stress;
- the articulation area swells and reddens( especially the posterior surface), one can observe a tumor-like formation, which can reach the size of a chicken egg( this is an inflamed bursa with fluid inside);
- movements are disturbed due to pain and swelling.
Bursitis of the elbow joint
If the treatment of bursitis, especially of an infectious nature, does not begin in time, the contents of the synovial bag can be festered and spread to neighboring tissues with the development of phlegmon or sepsis. Therefore, bursitis refers to diseases that need quick help. In the treatment regimen necessarily include antibacterial drugs. Some folk remedies are indispensable here. Otherwise, it may be necessary to perform a surgical procedure.
Osteoarthritis of the elbow joint is relatively rare. It can be primary when the cause remains unknown, or secondary, when it occurs against the background of the underlying pathological condition, for example, posttraumatic arthrosis of the elbow.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis of the elbow joint are typical: painful character after overstrain, crunch, mobility restriction, limb deformation. At the last stages, complete immobility may occur, which causes a significant limitation of the functional activity of a person.
There are many more diseases that are manifested by pain in the joints of the hands, but most of them are not associated with damage to the structures of the joints themselves, surrounding tissues: ligaments, tendons, muscles, blood vessels, nerves.
If you are concerned about pain in the hands for a long time, and it is accompanied by other warning signs, then do not hesitate to seek medical help. Do not self-medicate. It can be your hands or even your life.
Treatment of pain in the wrist jointHands are a very complex and delicate part of the body, the correct functioning of which is a necessary condition for a comfortable life of a person. Various injuries and diseases of the hand often occur in the area including the wrist joint.
The injuries of this joint are especially common among seamstresses, builders, athletes and those who work a lot at the computer. As a rule, this pain is aching, insignificant, but gradually increasing. Its manifestations, nature and methods of treatment will depend on the disease that struck the wrist.
Causes of wrist pain
The following are the main reasons why the wrist joint can hurt:
- Acute damage, which can include fractures and dislocations. They arise as a result of either a strong blow to the hand, or a fall. Depending on the degree and severity of damage, such traumas can take the form of an obvious deformity, accompanied by severe, acute pain, and minor discomfort and mild tumors.
- Sprain and rupture of ligaments in the wrist area, which in most cases cause a sharp bending of the brush back. Injury is accompanied by a tumor, restriction of motor activity, instability of the radial joint and rather intense pain sensations.
- Styloiditis or tendon arising from excessive stress on the wrist, repeated stresses, sudden movements and folds. A similar disease is especially common among athletes involved in tennis, golf, rowing. Styloiditis often appears in people whose work has long been associated with engineering, agriculture, construction, mining, and computer work. With the tendon of the wrist joint, the symptoms begin to appear gradually, they will be aggravated by the manifestation of physical activity, stress on the joint or even changing the weather and time of day. With the development of the disease, pain symptoms increase. In addition, styloiditis is accompanied by a crackling of the tendons and restriction of motor function.
- Tunnel syndrome, known as the occupational disease of people, whose activities are closely related to computer work. The cause of the tunnel syndrome is a regular load on the same muscle group, resulting from constant monotonous movements or prolonged uncomfortable position of the hand. The disease causes pinching of the nerve in the hand, which can provoke a swelling of the tendons located next to the nerve, or its swelling. Symptoms of this disease are: constant pain and discomfort in the area of the injured wrist, weakness and numbness of the hand.
- Osteoarthritis - a fairly common cause of pain of the radial joint, most often it provokes a fracture that could not grow together. Osteoarthritis occurs because of age-related changes or regular overloads. Arthrosis of the wrist joint can be determined by pains in the wrist with movements of the forearm, decreased mobility, crunch and unpleasant sensations arising after pressing on the back surface in the area surrounding the lower radial-fibrous joint.
- Wrist pain can be caused by the development of connective tissue diseases( systemic lupus erythematosus, gout, Bechterew's disease, rheumatoid arthritis).But such ailments will be characterized by symptoms affecting not only the wrist joint, but also the knee area, spine, ankle joints.
Diseases of connective tissues are characterized by increased pain in the morning hours and almost complete absence in the evening.
Treatment of arthritis of the wrist joint
Arthritis of the wrist joint can become a consequence of autoimmune pathology or complication of an infectious disease. Symptoms that characterize arthritis will be swelling, hyperemia, heat in the area of damage. When you move or load the wrist joint, the pain increases. When purulent arthritis symptoms are chills, a sharp increase in temperature.
Arthritis is diagnosed on the basis of anamnesis, biochemical blood test and MRI results, which allow to detect the disease even at the initial stages. Treatment of arthritis is determined by the doctor, taking into account the stage of the development of the disease and its causes. In the presence of an acute form of the disease and exacerbation of chronic arthritis, the damaged joint is immobilized, and then the patient is prescribed antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.
At the final stages of treatment, physiotherapy, exercise therapy and massage are used. In addition, people who are diagnosed with chronic arthritis of the wrist joint will have to constantly monitor the load on the wrist, systematically perform a set of exercises and eat strictly in accordance with a special diet prescribed by the doctor.
In case of lesion of the radial joint with purulent arthritis, drainage is established, eliminating pus from the joint cavity. The received liquid is sent for analysis to determine the cause of the disease, after which the patient is assigned the appropriate course of antibiotics.
If arthritis of the wrist joint is severe or there are no results of conservative therapy, surgical treatment is possible, which will reduce the intensity of pain and improve the mobility of the hand.
Treatment for arthrosis
In case of arthrosis, the joint collapses and deforms the fingers of the hands.
. In order to reveal the patient's arthrosis, the doctor must collect anamnesis and examine the radiolucent and wrist joint. Then a blood test and an X-ray study are assigned for an accurate diagnosis.
In some cases, arthrosis of the wrist joint is confused with rheumatoid arthritis, since the symptoms of these diseases are quite similar. But there are some differences, in particular, in the expressions of pain symptoms. Arthritis is characterized by pain when the joint is at rest, for example, at night. Arthritic pains occur, as a rule, only with direct stress on the wrist or prolonged operation of the hands. When arthrosis is extremely rare, there are tumors accompanying arthritis. Osteoarthritis affects only one area, while arthritis provokes inflammation of several joints.
To treat arthrosis of the wrist joint can be conservative and surgical ways. Conservative therapy is a complex of various procedures that can include:
- a course of chondroprotectors that saturate the cartilage of joints with nutrients;
- manual therapy, allowing the return of the damaged limb mobility;
- laser therapy;
- massage with anti-inflammatory ointments;
- mud treatment;
- paraffin therapy;
- cold compresses;
- treatment with ozocerite;
- nutrition of the radial joint with hyaluronic acid derivatives, which is prescribed only in difficult cases.
Conservative treatment involves the use of fixation and protective devices on the wrist joints, the radiation-joint and the restriction of the load on the arm, which was damaged by arthrosis. A special role is played by a specialized diet that helps to cure arthrosis faster and more efficiently: it normalizes metabolism and strengthens cartilage.
Nutritionists recommend eating vegetables rich in vitamins B and C, low-fat fish, bread from wholemeal flour.
In most cases, treatment is not difficult and gives a high efficiency. However, when arthrosis takes severe forms, deforming the radiolucent or wrist joint, surgical intervention is possible.
Treatment of stiloidite
It is rather difficult to detect styloiditis due to the absence of special manifestations that distinguish it from other joint and tissue lesions. Even during the examination, only certain signs of inflammation of the tendons are found, therefore, a correctly conducted differential diagnosis is required to determine this disease, including examination of a specialist, ultrasound, radiography, echography, magnetic and computer tomography, laboratory studies.
Inflammation of the tendon of the hands causes severe pain in the patient
Treatment of such a disease as styloiditis is carried out through the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. During the course of therapy for a damaged limb, you must ensure peace and exclude the burden on the injured wrist. A gypsum tire or langet is applied to the patient. If the wrist joint has damaged the styloid, it is necessary to apply cooling compresses several times a day. In some cases, the doctor may prescribe antibacterial drugs.
Styloidite requires complex measures, so magnetic and laser therapy, electrophoresis, mud therapy, paraffin compresses, shock wave therapy can be used to help medicines. After the acute process subsides, the patient needs to perform a course of exercise therapy, consisting of exercises for stretching and strengthening the muscles.
If conservative treatment is ineffective, and the patient has signs of rupture or severe deformation of the tendon, if the stiloiditis is chronic, doctors perform a surgical procedure to remove the damaged tissue. The recovery period after such intervention is, as a rule, about 3 months.
Preventive maintenance of diseases
Avoiding most of the diseases affecting the wrist joint: arthrosis, arthritis, styloiditis, tunnel syndrome - regular preventive measures will help. They will not take much time and energy, but they will save you from the pain and time and money spent on treatment. This is especially true for people at risk. Experts advise to perform the following actions:
- Avoid sudden movements, take objects with the whole brush, and not just with your fingers.
- Do not lift heavy objects, load as much as possible in as many cases as possible.
- When working with vibrating tools, wear specialized gloves that support the hand, and apply gaskets that reduce the effects of vibration.
- Performing work at the computer, every hour to take breaks in 5-10 minutes for warm-up of hands and fingers.
- It is essential to warm up the muscles before sports training.
- While doing sports, use special preventive devices to prevent injuries and wrist stretches.
- Intensity and duration of physical activity to increase in stages.
- When working with a computer, provide the arm with the most comfortable and anatomically correct position.
- Systematically carry out a specialized complex of exercises, which helps to strengthen the group of muscles of the wrist.
- If there is discomfort or pain in the area of the radial joint, you need to stop the physical load on the brush or at least change the type of load.
If you have pain symptoms that do not last more than 2 days, or if you have to repeat it regularly, you should contact the clinic. Procrastination, as well as attempts at self-diagnosis and treatment are fraught with serious consequences, including a complete loss of mobility of the hand.
At the initial stage of the disease, its treatment is possible by applying conservative methods.
- rest of a sick joint. It consists in eliminating any physical strain on the wrist tendon in order to minimize the risk of rupture of the tendon. In the stage of severe exacerbation, peace is indispensable;
- cold application 3-4 times a day in the form of various compresses to the affected area. It will help to reduce the pain syndrome and remove the tumor;
- application of tires and gypsum langets. The use of any devices having a bandage effect promotes faster healing of the affected joint, by reducing its mobility.
Photo: tire for wrist protection
The use of medications also applies to the conservative treatment of this pathology.
As a rule, use anti-inflammatory drugs, which include:
- Hydrocortisone. Do injections with this medicine into the surrounding tendon sheaths, but not in the tendon itself;
- Piroxicam( about 10 mg per day);
- Indomethacin( 50 mg 3 times a day);
- Ibuprofen( 2400 mg per day);
- Methylprednisol with 1% solution of lidocaine;
Also in some cases, the doctor can prescribe antibacterial treatment.
Physical training and massage
After the stifling of the acute process of the disease has occurred, it is necessary to start a special physical exercise, which should include exercises for stretching and strengthening the muscles of the hands.
If the disease has taken a chronic form, then it will not be superfluous to prescribe a massage.
It promotes the acceleration of blood and lymph flow, which improves the process of feeding tissues, and has an analgesic effect.
Stages of the massage:
- spiral and semicircular grinding with the thumbs;
- kneading damage along and across;
- stroking the base of the thumbs.
In addition, rubbing and stroking the pads of the four fingers are used.
All the tricks are done slowly for a few minutes.
The total amount of massage time is from 10 to 15 minutes.
Video: forearm and hand massage
One of the main methods of treatment, which has not yet passed into a chronic form and has no serious complications, is physiotherapy.
Procedures to help cope with the disease:
- magnetic therapy. Is the effect of low frequency magnetic fields on the wrist joints. Helps reduce pain, remove inflammation and swelling from the affected area;
- ultrasound. Promotes increased skin permeability for the use of local remedies, increases lymph flow, relieves inflammation and stimulates regenerative processes;
- laser therapy. Helps the process of increasing the activity of metabolic processes, stimulates the joint to recovery, anesthetizes, improves oxygen flow to the affected tissues, promotes the excretion of salts;
- for chronic tendinitis appointed mud and paraffin applications, as well as electrophoresis with lidase.
Another effective physiotherapeutic method for treating tendonitis is shock-shock wave therapy.
This method is one of the newest methods of treatment and is often used in case of neglected cases instead of surgical intervention.
Similar therapy is performed after X-ray and ultrasound examination.
Consists of several sessions( usually from 4 to 6) of shock wave therapy, each of which lasts no more than 15-20 minutes.
Similar procedures are applied in the application of energy shock waves of medium level, as a result of which the painful sensations disappear completely or disappear partially.
Photo: apparatus for shock wave therapy
After passing the course of treatment, the patient is prescribed a restriction of sports activities and the refusal or reduction of monotonous loads on the wrist joint.
When the forms of the disease are not released, one can resort to folk recipes, whose action is directed to the removal of the inflammatory process in the area of the damaged tendon, as well as to softening or relieving the pain syndrome.
Here are a few proven tools:
- curcumin. Its use helps to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. It is used as a seasoning not more than 0.5 grams per day;
- roots of ginger and sassaparilla: grind, mix, pour a teaspoon of the resulting mixture with a glass of boiled water and drink 2 times a day. You can take it instead of tea. This mixture is often used to treat various pathologies of tendons and joints, accompanied by their inflammation;
- fresh berries of wild cherry: 3 tablespoons of raw material( or 1 spoonful of dry) pour boiling water( about a glass), insist on a water bath and drink the resulting broth several times a day. Due to the content of cherry in the juice of tanning agents, which are combined with anthocyanins, this broth has an anti-inflammatory and restorative effect;
- septum walnut: glass insist in 0.5 liter of vodka 2-3 weeks and take small portions 2-3 times a day for 30 days.
Another great folk remedy that helps to get rid of the pain in the tendons is simple salt water.
For its manufacture it is necessary:
- to dissolve a spoonful of salt in a glass of water, stir and moisten a gauze napkin in the resulting solution;
- after it is slightly wrung out, put in a bag, and then into the freezer for a couple of minutes;
- remove the napkin from the bag and attach it to the affected wrist joint, carefully pribintovav.
- Keep until dry.
A similar method - instead of salt, a shepherd's herb( dried) is used.
A spoonful of grass is poured into a glass of boiling water and insists for about 2 hours. All the further steps are described in the previous recipe.
If medication and other conservative treatment does not help, and the patient has signs of rupture or pronounced degenerative changes in the tendon, it is rational to resort to surgical intervention.
It consists in the excision of scar tissue and tendon aponeuroses.
After the operation, the rehabilitation time will be from 2 to 3 months. People whose activities are related to sports are allowed to return to it not earlier than 3-4 months.
To prevent the development of this pathology, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules:
- does not have to perform a monotonous work for a long time( in this case, movements of the hands).If you can not do without these manipulations, then you need to take a short break, letting your hands rest;
- before any sports training you need to do warm-up exercises that will help prepare muscles and joints for a more intense load;
- should try to avoid physical injuries and overloads;
- the intensity and duration of the loads should be increased gradually.
The main complication of this disease is the rupture of the tendon, but with proper and timely treatment of tendinitis this trouble can be avoided.
The main thing is to be patient and try to avoid significant stresses.
Pain in the wrists: causes, treatment of pain in the wrists of the right, left handThe wrist experiences constant stress. They often lead to problems with this part of the hand. Pain in the wrists is a symptom of many diseases. It can warn of fractures, dislocations and sprains, it accompanies arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis. To find out the exact cause of pain, you need to contact a neurologist or orthopedist. Relieve pain in the wrist for 1-2 treatment sessions. Diagnose the cause of pain with MRI and ultrasound. Primary orthopedic device for free.
. The wrist is responsible for a lot of movements in the hand and takes on the power loads, so this site is especially vulnerable. The earlier the cause of pain is established and the correct measures are taken, the greater the chances of retaining mobility in the wrist.
Warts in the wrist are often caused by various inflammations of the tendons or nerves. For example, pain over the course of the inflamed nerve can be reflected here if the cervical spine is damaged. But these reflected pains necessarily spread on the arm and above, and below the wrist. But local pains only in the wrist joint , especially - accompanied by its deformation, stiffness or swelling, are usually caused by either arthrosis of the wrist joint ( up to 20% of cases) or arthritis .
Osteoarthritis and arthritis
Basically, arthrosis of the radiopaustic joint is post-traumatic, that is, it develops as a complication after a dislocation or fracture of the bones of the wrist. For arthrosis, the wrist joint is characterized by symptoms such as a crunch in the joint during movement and pain that occurs only with certain movements or when trying to bend and unbend the joint to the maximum, "to the stop."At rest, without pain, pain occurs only if a person has reloaded a sick joint several hours earlier.
The mobility of the wrist joint for arthrosis is always reduced by 30-50%.But the appearance of the wrist joint affected by arthrosis remains almost unchanged - from the side it looks almost healthy. Strong deformations of the wrist joint with arthrosis occur only when the disease was provoked by a fracture of the bones of the wrist with their displacement.
It should be remembered that the wrist joint is one of the "favorite places" of inflammation with rheumatoid arthritis .And it is important not to confuse arthrosis of wrist joint with this serious disease. Fortunately, distinguishing arthrosis from arthritis is usually quite simple. In arthritis, unlike arthrosis, pain is more often manifested in rest, at night or in the morning. When moving pain, on the contrary, often decrease. After noon, especially towards evening, arthritic pains almost always completely subside.
Appearance of wrist joints affected by rheumatoid arthritis, as a rule, varies significantly: either pronounced edema and "swelling" of the wrist joint, or "dip zone" in the region of this joint with the atrophy of its muscles.
It is also characteristic that in the case of arthritis, the damage to wrist joints alone is extremely rare - any arthritis often leads to inflammation of several joints;and on the contrary, arthrosis of the wrist joint is an isolated post-traumatic pathology, affecting usually only one damaged wrist joint.
With , wrist pains caused by arthrosis or arthritis usually involve kinesiology, massage, reflexology, shockwave therapy, millimeter wave therapy, magneto-laser therapy and mud therapy.
Other causes of wrist pain
Most often, wrist pains are the consequences of injuries to ( fractures, dislocations, sprains).A fall with the support of the hand or a direct blow to the wrist can lead to fracture or dislocation of the bones, and sprain of the ligaments. In all cases, bother: acute pain in the wrist joint, limited mobility, swelling of the wrist.
Pain in the wrists due to regular force loads on the arm, for example, sharp grips, wrist bends, as it happens when playing golf, tennis or rowing. As a result of such loads, tendinitis often occurs. These diseases are more common than others due to the anatomical narrowness of the membranes through which the tendons of the wrist pass. A little irritation of these tendons is enough to cause seals in them.
Carpal tunnel syndrome( SCS) is the so-called disease, which most often disturbs pregnant women in the second-third trimester of pregnancy. The main cause of СЗК lies in the growing body weight of the woman and swelling, especially expressed in the second half of pregnancy.
Daily work at the computer, printing on the keyboard and control of the computer mouse, lead to regular monotonous loads on the same muscles, the wrist is in constant tension. Such activity leads to swelling of the tendons passing near the nerve, and sometimes leads to edema of the nerve itself. The pain in the wrist is more apparent in the right hand of the right-handers. Disturbs permanent discomfort in the carpal joint, weakening of the grip force, numbness of the hands, especially the palms. This disease was called tunnel syndrome.
The following tips will help you prevent damage and pain in your wrists:
- regularly perform exercises that strengthen the wrist muscles;
- at the appearance of the first symptoms of discomfort in the wrists, stop or modify the physical load on them;
- grasp objects with the whole brush, gripping only with your fingers damages your wrist;
- when using vibrating tools, use special gloves that support the brush, and use vibration absorbing pads;
- during sports use safety devices on your wrist;
- every hour of work at the computer do 5-, 10-minute breaks, squat, knead your fingers and shake the brush;to prevent falls wear comfortable, steady shoes,
- refrain from lifting heavy objects - it is better to return several times to transfer the cargo in parts.
It is unacceptable without the appointment of a doctor to practice self-treatment of pain in the wrist!