The joints of the hands and feet are aching, what should I do? Pain in the joints of the legs and hands: causes and treatment
If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should a person do in such a situation? Of course, the very first thing that comes to mind is to go to the polyclinic to your district doctor, and he will figure out what's what: he will assign tests or send to a specialist. However, many of us know how it is difficult to find time to go to a medical institution, because for this you have to get out of work, then, most likely, sit there in line or prepare a certain amount of money for a visit to a paid medical center.
In general, people have a lot of arguments in favor of self-treatment at home. And it's not so rare that it really helps. Well, in this article you will find several folk recipes that help with joint pain of a different nature, as well as a list of pharmacological drugs specially designed to solve such problems. But first we advise you to take seriously the reading of the next chapter of our narrative.
The Importance of Establishing the Right Diagnosis
Asking every counter-cross: "If the joints of the hands and feet hurt, what should I do?", People often do not understand that the pains that disturb them can be the initial stage of a serious illness, the development of which can be stopped orslow down at the initial stage, when the destructive processes in the joints have not gone too far.
Carrying out treatment independently with the help of lotions, lapping, poultices, etc., a sick person exposes his health to a lot of risk. After all, home remedies are not at all so safe and can be contraindicated in certain diseases.
Here, for example, there is an opinion that for a quick solution to problems with joints, there is nothing better than warming up. But this is not so! If the disease is accompanied by swelling, acute inflammatory processes occur in the joints, there is a local increase in temperature, then the effect of heat on the problem area can only aggravate the situation. If the joints of the hands and feet ache, the causes, symptoms, treatment regimens should first of all be discussed with specialists( rheumatologist, orthopedist or traumatologist).
We are not going to crack folk remedies here: they can be a great help in fighting various diseases, but only after the doctor has correctly diagnosed and gives advice on what can bring benefits to the joints and what will cause harm.
Different causes of joint pain
Why joint pains and what to do in these cases, it will be much easier to understand if you know about the causes of aches and pains in the extremities and the limitation of their motor functions. Here are a number of the most common joint diseases:
1. Rheumatoid arthritis. Chronic disease, in which inflammatory processes in connective tissues are observed. Characteristic symptoms accompanying arthritis:
- Pain sensations in one or more joints increase gradually, within one to two weeks, or may occur suddenly. At rest, pain intensifies, especially in the morning.
- Rheumatoid arthritis can be affected as large joints of the hands and feet( wrist, ankle, elbow, knee), and small joints of the feet and brushes. Inflammation of one joint is called monoarthritis, several - polyarthritis.
- One of the symptoms of the disease in question is the limitation of limb movements during the first hours after the morning awakening.
- The disease is accompanied by a marked increase in joints, redness of the skin in the problem area and an increase in its sensitivity.
2. Rheumatism. This chronic disease gradually affects all organs( heart, kidneys, lymphatic system, etc.), including joints. The process can last for many years. It is very important to begin treatment as early as possible. One of the most characteristic signs of beginning rheumatism is joint pain, arising periodically, sometimes accompanied by fever and edema.
3. Osteoarthritis. The disease associated with degenerative dystrophic changes occurring in the cartilage, with the gradual involvement of bone, ligament, synovial tissues in the pathological process. Arthrosis of knee, hip and elbow joints is most common. Main symptoms:
- the main symptom is the pain that occurs when moving or loading a patient's joint;
- gradual limitation of mobility. If the disease does not begin to be treated on time, then the process can quickly progress, which eventually leads to disability.
4. Injuries, bruises, physical overload of joints.
5. Gout is one of the varieties of arthritis.
Joints of hands and feet hurt: what to do?
Let's outline the basic steps that need to be taken consistently in case of articular pain:
1. Before finding out the causes of pain, we must try to provide joints peace.
2. Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug( a list of such drugs is published in our article below).
3. Contact for clarification of the reasons for the pain in the medical institution.
4. Get detailed advice from the doctor regarding the treatment regimen and the medications you need to consume, as well as consult about folk methods of treatment if you are going to apply them.
Treatment of arthritis
Arthritis is most often severe pain in the joints of the hands. What to do in this situation? The patient should understand that the treatment will require a number of complex measures. After all, you need not only to remove the symptomatic pain, but also to slow down the inflammatory process, restore normal blood flow to the affected tissues and cartilages, etc. For this, the doctor can prescribe, in addition to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also the use of antibiotics. We in the framework of this article can bring one excellent recipe from traditional medicine.
With arthritis, honey-cabbage compress helps very well. Do it before bedtime. It is necessary to take a fresh cabbage leaf, heat it, apply a thin layer of honey and apply the smeared side to the sore spot. The top is covered with cellophane, bandaged and wrapped with a warm kerchief made of wool. In the morning the patient will certainly feel relief.
The role of proper nutrition
The joints of the legs and arms often ache due to metabolic disorders in the body. Gout disease is one of the types of arthritis, a frequent companion of modern people, especially it torments the stronger sex. Probably everyone heard of this term: "the deposition of salts in the joints."Some people read that it's all about ordinary table salt, but it's not.
With gout in joints, salts of uric acid are deposited, but this is due to the constant intake of meat, fatty fish and alcohol. Smoking also contributes to the development of the pathological process. If the joints of the fingers and toes are strongly swollen and aching, then, perhaps, discomfort is indicative of gout.
This disease is easier to prevent than cure. The main recommendation for disease prevention is proper nutrition. Nothing complicated: you need to enter into your diet more vegetables, cereals from whole grains, fruits, cottage cheese and give up tobacco and alcohol libations.
Osteoarthritis. Treatment of
Today, quite a lot of people complain that their joints are hurting the arms and legs. What if the pain is caused by arthrosis? Here, too, most likely, not to do without NSAIDs: they will help to quickly alleviate the anguish. Consultation with a doctor is mandatory. It will be necessary to make an x-ray picture - it will help the doctor to determine the degree of destruction of the joints.
In the treatment of arthrosis, along with anti-inflammatory drugs, an important role is played by the use of chondroprotectors( substances that repair articular cartilage)."Artra", "Chondroitin sulfate", "Chondrolon", "Teraflex", "Structum", etc. can be prescribed.
A good alternative natural chondroprotector is a regular gelatin that can be purchased in stores. This product should be diluted in warm water and drunk several times a day. And even for the fastest restoration of cartilage, it is recommended to cook your home jelly or jelly more often, it also contains in large quantities natural substances from which the cartilaginous tissue is built.
Several times when we mention in our article the question "what to do if the joints of the hands and feet hurt," they wrote that pain and inflammation are good for removing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, abbreviated as NSAIDs. In the treatment of joints, ointments from this group are very effective. Here is a small list of similar medicines:
- "Voltaren gel", etc.
With severe pain, you can not limit yourself to external ointments and take highly effective NSAIDs in the form of tablets or powders:
- "Упсарин УПСА", etc.
In case of not suffering painful articular pains, the physician may consider it necessary to pass the patient to any physical procedures:
- phonophoresis or electrophoresis;
- UV irradiation;
- transcutaneous electrostimulation;
- paraffin baths and applications, etc.
Treatment of joints with ointments prepared according to folk recipes
We continue to consider the main topic of the article: "What if the joints hurt?"Treatment with ointments prepared independently can be an excellent addition to the procedures prescribed by the doctor. What is this money and how to do it?
1. Ointment for rheumatism. To make it, you need 100 grams of mustard powder and 200 g of table salt, which you need to mix with each other, and then add so much kerosene to the resulting mustard-salt mixture to get a mass similar in its density to the country sour cream. The medicine is rubbed into the night for sore spots.
2. Ointment for arthritis from honey and egg yolks. Take egg yolk, a bar of beeswax( small) and 1 tbsp.l.honey. First, the yolk is heated in a water bath, into which the wax is then crumbled and honey is poured in. Everything is mixed to make a homogeneous ointment. For the application, a piece of gauze folded in several layers is taken, a hot mass is laid on it, and in this form the drug is applied to the joint and properly fixed with a bandage.
3. Ointment for the treatment of joints with arthrosis. Take in equal shares the leaves of the nettle, juniper berries( green) and sheep butter. Berries and leaves are well ground in a mortar and then combined with oil. Ready ointment should be rubbed into the joints in the mornings and evenings.
Treatment with activated carbon
There is a simple but effective way to treat joints with gout. This requires activated carbon. From this remedy you will need to make a paste. This is done as follows: tablets from several packets of coal are ground into a powder, which is added a little water and 1 tbsp.a spoon of chopped flaxseed. After thorough mixing, the paste smears a sick joint for the night, after which it is bandaged and wrapped up warmer until the morning.
Here is another excellent folk method of healing, if the joints of the legs and arms hurt. Causes and treatment of many diseases we have already discussed and found out that different diseases and treatment should be different. But there is a recipe that is almost universal: compresses, baths, clay wraps that can be used for arthrosis, arthritis, and rheumatic pain. Clay perfectly soothes pain, relieves inflammation and swelling, sucks toxins out of the body, etc.
Physical training and sports: benefit or harm for joints
Those who are too keen on sports loads often suffer from joint pain. What if the knees and ankles ache after long exhausting runs that seem to take place in the name of health? For a start, revise your lifestyle. Any excesses are harmful - this statement can be attributed to sports.
In order to relieve yourself of the feeling of constant discomfort in the area of the joints of the legs, sometimes a person can just reduce physical activity. For jogging, jogging or walking( for older people), morning exercises, yoga, swimming is good. Of all these joints are unlikely to get sick. On the contrary, such physical education will fill them with strength and endurance.
We hope that the information given in the article will help those who have joints in the arms and legs. Diseases and methods of treatment, folk recipes and a list of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - all of these materials were carefully studied before and then placed on public display. Use this information on health, and let your joints always be normal!
Than to treat joints of arms or hand and legs or foots if they hurt?
When the joints of the hands and feet hurt, than to treat them? Doctors prescribe complex therapy. In the first place, there must be an appropriate anesthesia. He is chosen so that it is guaranteed to save a person from unpleasant sensations. Doctors recommend using pills and injections. Since the joint aches completely immobilizes and does not allow a person to lead a full life, by eliminating aching pains, one can begin to fully diagnose and treat the disease.
At all times it was believed that joint diseases are characteristic only of the elderly. However, young people and children suffer from pain. If the patient turns to the doctor on time, at a time when pain has only manifested itself, the treatment will be more effective, and the patient will quickly recover.
Causes of diseases associated with the locomotor apparatus
Pain in the joints of the limbs indicates a number of ailments, some of which are serious enough. The prerequisites for their occurrence are a number of factors:
- The way of life of a person. In the event that it moves little, it contributes to the violation of blood circulation, which after a certain period of time disrupts the joints.
- Lack of micronutrients that contribute to the normal functioning of the motor system.
- Poor performance of the immune system. Dislocations or fractures of the extremities. Excess weight.
- Hereditary predisposition to diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Joints are often aching for the following reasons:
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Gout - the deposition of sodium salts.
- Flat feet.
- Chondrocalcinosis - deposition of calcium salts.
The main type of diagnosis in these cases is an X-ray examination. Sometimes elastic bandage and peace will provide relief from pain. The doctor will prescribe a number of anesthetics. Ointment, which will need to be rubbed several times a day, relieve the inflammatory process in the tissues and exacerbation of joint disease. She will relieve swelling.
A universal tool that can remove pain for a long time and provide the necessary rest to the joint, scientists have not yet invented. The doctor will tell you the proper scheme for how to treat a diseased organ. Joints with inflammatory processes in them do not need to be warmed. This contributes to the deterioration of the condition. Do not believe the advertisement, which says that scientists have recently come up with a drug for the treatment of joints. As a rule, under the guise of such products, conventional biological supplements are hidden. They are not considered drugs.
Pain sensations in the area of the hands
The most common reason for appealing to doctors is unpleasant sensations in the hands. Brushes are a very fragile mechanism. But, when it is working, it can withstand enormous loads. Many diseases of the joints interfere with the normal functioning of the hands and feet. Sharp and unpleasant sensations in the joints - arthralgia. It leads not only to the loss of efficiency, but also to the impossibility of performing elementary actions in domestic conditions. Only therapy can improve the quality of life.
There are many diseases that cause the loss of the ability to fully function hands. The causes may be:
- Inflammatory nature. They fetter the joint and prevent it from moving normally. Often the skin in this place swells and turns red.
- Mechanical. Occur due to injuries. Pain comes only when moving.
The nature of the disease and the patient's detailed description of the symptoms and sensations that he experiences in the arm area help the treating physicians to choose one or another therapy. General preparations can alleviate the condition. At the end of the complex treatment, a functional development of the brush is needed. Rehabilitation lasts for several months.
Only a doctor can determine individually for each patient how to get rid of the pain in the joints of the hands. The main thing is to choose the right medicines. The most often prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs, giving an excellent effect in eliminating the symptoms associated with diseases of the hands.
Care must be taken when taking them, as there are often side effects in the stomach and intestines. Treat hands and glucocorticosteroid hormones. They have in the composition of strong substances that relieve inflammation. Relief comes fairly quickly.
The doctor determines what to treat and what means to prescribe.
The correct treatment consists in the combination of several drugs at the same time. The doctor can choose non-drug methods when the human body is unable to perceive these or other drugs.
Folk remedies for the therapy of joints of the extremities
It happens that a person can not make timely visits to a rheumatologist or a therapist. What to do in this case? You can use folk remedies. A simple and effective means for getting rid of pain can be a compress or lotion from such a composition: honey, scarlet, vodka or alcohol. Hold it for 3 hours at the place where there is inflammation.
If the joints ache periodically, prepare the tincture in advance. Its main component is sprouts of sprouted potatoes. Pour them with vodka or alcohol and infuse for 14-15 days. With the help of such folk remedies, you can do without costly creams or medicines.
No less popular in patients with various joint diseases is the treatment with oily balsams. Mix sesame and olive oil and drip a little vitamin A solution in them. Hold hands or feet in water with soda beforehand. It should not be hot. Wipe off the skin and rub the product into the joint area. You can wear special gloves on your hands. So, the oil is better absorbed and will stay in the skin longer.
Another tool that is still used in villages and villages, the leaves of burdock and cabbage. They just put them to the sore spots. In treating joint ailments, the laurel leaf is no less effective.20 leaves pour 2 cups of boiling water. Now the agent must be boiled for 5-7 minutes. Then the infusion is poured into a thermos bottle and insisted for several hours. The broth is drunk 3 days in small sips in several approaches. Then do a week-long break and repeat the course.
You should eat cold food and all kinds of luncheon meals. They are the prevention of an ailment, often used in relapses. The pain of this, of course, does not pass immediately, but the body will receive the necessary substances, it will be easier for him to cope with the disease with the help of medications. To prepare such a useful dish, a turkey or chicken meat is suitable. They can be combined both with each other, and with beef, pork. Cook the meat for a long time, up to 10 hours, over low heat. Include in your diet this dish should be on a regular basis and eat it at least once every 20 days.
Will help fight the pain in the joints of the shell of chicken eggs. It is a source of calcium. It is necessary to crush very finely eggshell eggs and add this powder in small amounts to food.
Rye grains help those who suffer from joint ailments.250-300 g of grains are boiled in 2 liters of water. Cool the broth and strain. Add honey, 500 g of vodka or alcohol, a few spoons of the root of barberry. All this insist 3 weeks. Take on an empty stomach 2-3 tablespoons a day. The roots of barberry at the pharmacy will be problematic. About buying this plant you can negotiate with the gardeners.
From joint pain save chestnut, horseradish, rice, onions, beeswax, apply rubbers from the tincture of the saber. In the diet should include a lot of calcium-containing foods. Folk remedies should be used more intensively in winter, and in summer, let the body breathe a breather.
How to get rid of the ailments associated with the joints
First of all, you need to take a new approach to your diet. Already at the stage of diagnosis( before the treatment) add more vegetables to the diet, moderate the amount of salt, give up sharp dishes with lots of spices. Avoid eating a lot of sweets.
When treating people who are overweight, you need to lose weight. If this can not be done, the extra pounds will be pressing on your knees and ankles. Pain can intensify. Swimming, gymnastics will help. Doctors recommend some time to be on medical starvation.
Give up alcohol forever. It cancels the effect of certain drugs and increases the body's side reactions to medications. Acute inflammation does not tolerate high temperatures and heating. It is necessary to use ice, cold water. In the treatment of chronic joint diseases, warm compresses and baths are used.
The mud will be a great help for diseases of the joints. Do not refuse from sanatorium treatment. But at home, you can arrange procedures similar to those that are held in medical institutions. These are baths with essential oils. Anti-inflammatory effect will give:
- St. John's wort;
Doctors recommend adding sulfur to the treatment. Suitable and diuretic teas: lime, from the nettle. It is appropriate to use and anti-inflammatory herbs.
Before you understand how to treat joints, radiologists often assign a series of tests: a blood test for biochemistry and the definition of common indicators. We need an x-ray, tomography, densitometry( a kind of X-ray study, which consists in determining the density of bone tissue), ultrasound diagnosis.
The doctor will give the necessary information and endoscopy of the joint cavity. From the joint take a puncture for laboratory analysis.
Already after therapy, at the stage of rehabilitation, resuscitators prescribe homeopathic remedies. For the prevention of the disease you can continue to use traditional recipes. But remember that in any case you need a measure.
Does the leg hurt from knee to foot, what to treat?
Only a few decades ago, only elderly people were to pay tribute to the pain in their legs. At the same time, diseases are getting younger and it's no longer a rarity when the leg hurts from the knee to the foot of the child. Often young people complain about such problems.
Possible causes of pain
If you feel discomfort in your legs, do not rush to take painkillers that can drown out the problem. After all, they can not eliminate it. If you do not want the feeling of discomfort to become your eternal companion, if you have any worries, it's better to go to a specialist.After all, if you have a pain from the knee to the foot, the reasons can be as follows:
• Injury. Often, aching pain accompanied by cracks, thinning of the bones, delamination of tissues.
• Damage to tendons, their ruptures or sprains.
• Inflammatory processes. They can affect both ligaments, and synovial bags or muscles.
• Hypodynamia. The lack of activity leads to certain violations, which are accompanied by a set of weight. The joints and muscles of the legs are not ready for this.
• Blockage of arteries, varicose veins. In such cases, there is a compressive pain in the calf muscles. Atherosclerosis is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the legs, which increase with walking.
• Knee injury or cyst damage.
• Flat feet, some diseases of the spine. These problems lead to an incorrect distribution of the load on the legs and, as a consequence, a feeling of pain.
To understand what should be done, when the leg is hurt from the knee to the foot, it is important to establish the diagnosis correctly. Only in this case the doctor will be able to prescribe a treatment that will not only eliminate the consequences of the illness in the form of unpleasant sensations, but also be able to cope with the cause of its appearance.
Often discomfort occurs as a result of prolonged loads. Problems manifest as minor pain while walking. Patients tend to underestimate them, because they do not know that in most cases any discomfort is indicative of the inflammation that has begun.
Also, one of the most common causes of what hurts the leg from the knee to the foot are problems with the spine. Unpleasant sensations are amplified by squeezing the nerve roots. It can be with osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, spondylosis.As a rule, the pain is not localized at any one point, it extends to a width of up to 15 cm. This is evidence of extensive damage to the muscular structures of the foot. By the way, it was found that smokers complain more often that they hurt their legs, feet, knees. To establish an accurate diagnosis, it is not enough to visit one surgeon or an osteopath, sometimes a neurologist or phlebologist can determine the cause of the pain. It is also necessary to check the heart, the work of the vessels.
Atherosclerosis of the extremities
If you feel a feeling of squeezing in your legs, then you can not stand and wait for discomfort, you can not. After all, with time, severe pain begins, which does not even allow full movement. The disease is characterized by worsening of the blood flow in the arteries. Most often, atherosclerosis occurs in smokers, people suffering from diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension. Heredity also matters.
To determine the disease can usual blood biochemistry, it is judged by the level of cholesterol. In addition to painful sensations, cramps that occur during physical activity should be alerted.
Treatment of atherosclerosisAt the first stages of the development of the disease symptoms are manifested only with spasms of blood vessels. But over time and in a relaxed state, people feel that the leg is hurting from the knee to the foot.
Treatment may include droppers with the drug "Ilomedin", "Actovegin", also recommend the funds "Cardiomagnolo", "Vazilip".Doctors at such disease advise to start to move more. If an attack of pain occurs while walking, then you must wait until it passes, and then continue to walk, but at a slower pace. It is important to follow a diet with low cholesterol, to give up fatty meat, egg yolks, sausages, smoked products. Use preferably unrefined and unrefined vegetable oil. It promotes the "resorption" of existing atherosclerotic plaques.
If you have a leg from knee to foot due to atherosclerosis, it's up to the expert to decide what to treat. He can prescribe the sequestrants of bile acids - they are designed to normalize the level of cholesterol. These can be preparations "Quantanan", "Questran", "Kolestid".Also, funds can be allocated "Zokor", "Lipostat", "Choletar".With diabetes, fibrates are prescribed - preparations "Clofibrate", "Bezafibrate".They lower the level of triglycerides in the blood.
If medication methods do not help, then surgeons will come to the rescue.
Varicose veinsOften, the cause of pain in the lower leg is a thrombosis of the vessels. Blood clots in the veins lead to stagnation and overstretch of the walls of the vessels. In such cases, the leg hurts from knee to foot all the time. Discomfort intensifies toward evening after exercise. The pain is aching in this case.
This condition is quite dangerous, because clots can migrate. They can move to the arteries of the lungs or the brain. This can cause strokes or thromboembolism of the pulmonary arteries.
Methods of treatment of varices
Even with the appearance of the initial stages of the disease, it can not be left without attention. If you have a genetic predisposition to the development of the disease, then a phlebologist should be examined every 2 years. At the same time, ultrasound examination of veins is mandatory.
It is important not to forget about the need for compression therapy. Under the influence of compression, the diameter of the veins decreases, reflux can pass, and the speed of blood flow can increase. Also, medicines are used that increase the tone of the veins, improve the permeability of capillaries. It can be such means as "Routine", "Venarus", "Endotelon", "Escuzan", "Vazobral", "Glivenol" and the like.
The main treatment is to conduct phlebectomy. This is an operation during which the problematic veins are removed. Laser coagulation is also possible. With this minimally invasive method, you can get rid of problems without incisions. Staying in a hospital is not required.
Also without cuts treatment can be carried out by means of radio frequency coagulation. This method allows eliminating reflux in small or large subcutaneous veins without surgery. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia with ultrasound control of the process.
One of the modern methods is sclerotherapy. This is the gluing of veins with the help of a special drug that is injected into a vein.
Inflammatory processes of
As a result of increased loads on the legs and a combination of a number of unfavorable factors, a person may encounter what the leg hurts from the knee to the foot when walking, running and even at rest. This can be caused by arthritis, bursitis, tendititis, osteomyelitis, fasciitis. Each of the diseases can even lead to a limitation of the person's mobility.Only a specialist can diagnose and select a treatment regimen. These diseases are accompanied by pain, swelling, sometimes the affected areas turn red, local hyperthermia appears.
Treatment of inflammatory processes
Before starting to treat painful sensations in the joints that cause discomfort to spread from the foot to the knee, it is important to establish the true problem.
Often, edema resulting from bursitis can spread to the leg muscles, causing pain and a feeling of heaviness. To establish the diagnosis it is possible at visual survey on a bulging round swelling. It is confirmed by ultrasound. For treatment appoint non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, painkillers, for example, the drug "Ibuprofen" or "Codeine."
Various arthritis that affects the joint can also cause the leg to knee to the foot to hurt. What to do in this situation, you need to deal with a specialist. After all, discomfort, as a rule, occurs immediately in two legs. For treatment, the same analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs are often used. High efficiency is shown by physiotherapeutic procedures, restoration of cartilage by means of laser and HILT-therapy.
Injuries and stressesAny overload of the joints and muscles of the legs, their excessive stretching, and even more blows, do not always pass without a trace. Various lesions are often complicated by the onset of inflammatory processes. If you have after the load, and the more trauma hurt the leg from the knee to the foot, than do not choose to treat yourself. Having silenced at any time the aching sensations, later you can face more serious problems.
Muscle lesions are characterized by the fact that at first the pain is localized on the inner side of the shin, slightly above the ankle. When you try to turn the foot or stand on tiptoe, it increases. When the muscles are stretched, the shin appears to be heavy, swollen. At palpation there is a marked soreness, it increases with movements. Sensations usually occur after excessive exercise, often they appear only after 12 or even 24 hours.
If you feel a sharp pain localizing in the back of the lower leg, with a muscle strain, like a strong blow, you can assume a muscle rupture. At the same time, the tendon is partially and sometimes completely detached from them.
Also, pain can occur due to inflammation of the ligaments, damage to the Achilles tendon and other problems. It can also occur as a result of a fracture of the bones of the lower leg. Each of the conditions requires consultation with the surgeon and choosing an individual treatment regimen.
Action tactics for mechanical damages
If you have stretched ligaments, broken your leg or overstretched your muscles, you should go to a doctor. Only he is able to determine the true cause of the problems. So, with bruises, it is often enough to apply cold and tightly bandage the affected area.
When stretching ligaments, dislocations or muscle rupture, it is important to immobilize the patient. Often a plaster bandage is applied to the lower leg. It is also mandatory for fracture. In this case, the patient is forbidden to climb to his feet. Drug treatment is the taking of painkillers. The preparation "Paracetamol", "Ibuprofen" can be prescribed.
If the Achilles tendon is damaged, then two joints are immobilized - the ankle and knee joint. Attack on the injured leg is prohibited.
Pain in the knees: treatment at home. Folk remedies for the treatment of knee joints
The musculoskeletal system of a person experiences heavy loads under any movement. A very complex structure has joints, they often become inflamed and are injured. In this case, there are severe pains that impede the movement of a person and worsen the quality of his life. Especially often suffers from the patella. This joint has a very heavy load, especially in people with excess weight. And inflammation or trauma brings great suffering.
Not all people turn to doctors for knee pain. Treatment at home of this problem, however, is not always effective, since without eliminating the cause, painkillers will not help. Therefore, the main thing in this problem is to put the right diagnosis. And to seek medical help preferably immediately, as soon as there was pain in the knee.
Which doctor can help
If the problem occurred after the injury, of course, you need to contact a traumatologist or orthopedic surgeon. Only they can recommend effective means for the rapid return of freedom of movement. But it happens that the pain arises suddenly, for no apparent reason. Who should I contact in this case? First of all, it is advisable to visit the therapist. He will prescribe tests and recommend which doctor to visit. Most likely, it will be a rheumatologist. In difficult cases, when the diagnosis can not be made, one can visit a neuropathologist or an osteopath.
Symptoms of problems
The disease can appear suddenly, the knee in such cases whines or shoots with sharp pain. It increases with walking, especially when you descend or climb the stairs. Sometimes even the slightest flexion of the limb becomes impossible, which makes any movement very difficult. Pain can be permanent, aching or strong, and can only occur when moving or at night.Joints can be aching after a heavy load or a long walk. The pain is most often localized inside the knee. But it can hurt also from behind, below a joint or above. And the pain on the side of the knee most often indicates physical damage. If the disease passes into a chronic form, the pain periodically ceases, but it can occur after any load, hypothermia, or even an infectious disease.
Who can grasp the pain in the lap
- First of all, the risk group includes the elderly.
- Athletes are often injured.
- People suffering from congenital predisposition to joint diseases suffer from it.
- Those who wear uncomfortable shoes.
- The knees often ache in people with excess weight, the problem can also appear during pregnancy.
- Professional activity can cause disruption of joint function, for example, for those who have to kneel or squat for a long time.
What causes pain
- Inflammatory or traumatic damage to cartilage and ligaments.
- Accumulation of fluid in the joint or its absence.
- Pinching the nerve.
- Strong weight due to excess weight or physical overwork.
- Foreign body entering the joint.
Causes of this problem
- Most often it is caused by chronic or acute arthritis. Because of it, the elasticity of the ligaments decreases and mineral salts are deposited in the joint, which causes pain.
- Arthrosis is a little less common - non-inflammatory articular cartilage damage.
- In general, elderly people are referred to a doctor about knee pain, which is associated with age-related changes in the joints.
- Crunch and pain in the knees may be caused by bursitis.
- Various household and sports injuries also often cause this problem.
- Congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, or certain diseases can also cause knee pain( gout, lupus, or rheumatism).
- Strong physical activity or excess weight.
- Vascular disorders and impaired blood circulation in the knee joint can also cause pain.
- The cause of the problem may be an infection or a tumor.
How to treat an ailment
Elimination of a problem only with pain medication is ineffective. First of all, you need to establish the cause of the pain, according to which the doctor prescribes treatment. Usually it is complex. What is included in the therapeutic measures aimed at eliminating this problem?
1. Pain relief with compresses, ointments and tablets.
2. Treatment of the disease that caused this problem. It can be conducted both in a medical institution and at home. Sometimes, local funds are sufficient, but in general, more medications are needed for oral administration or as injections. In complicated and neglected cases, surgery may be required.
3. The final stage of treatment should be the restoration of joint mobility. This can be done with the help of physiotherapy, physiotherapy or massage. In addition, you need to know the means of preventing the problem, since the patella has a complex structure and is very prone to damage.
4. What else is important to do with pain in the knees? Treatment at home necessarily implies adherence to a special diet and refusal from smoking and alcohol, which can exacerbate the problem.
First aid for pain
It's not always possible for a person to consult a doctor right away. But pain in the knees is very painful. Treatment in the home of the first attack is possible with the help of various means:
- first of all, you need to reduce the burden on the aching leg: when walking use crutches or walking stick, or even better - lie down;
- pain and swelling can be removed with ice;
- after a small injury, you can use elastic bandage, but do not tighten it for more than two days;
- To improve blood circulation in the aching joint, a light massage is recommended, which does not cause additional pain.
Treatment of pain in the knee joints should be comprehensive. Anesthetics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors for cartilage repair and restorative medications are prescribed. It is very effective ointment for knee joints, which includes diclofenac. The most famous of them are Voltaren or Orthofen. Very popular is also an ointment for knee joints with anti-inflammatory effect, for example, based on nimesulide. Good pain relief creams and gels with ketoprofen in the composition, for example, "Fastum gel," or based on ibuprofen, for example, "Dolgit."But some local funds often happens a little. Doctors prescribe patients painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of tablets and injections. The best remedy for knee pain is the tablets "Tenoxicam"."Indomethacin", "Diclofenac", "Ketanov" and "Naproxen" are also effective.
Folk recipes for pain relief
Medication often causes side effects, they can not be used for a long time. But often it happens that the knees ache for a very long time. Folk remedies in this case will be the best treatment. Below are the most popular and effective ones:
- cabbage leaf pribintovat to the knee at night;
- the root of horseradish and raw potatoes grate and make a compress;keep it need not more than 15 minutes;
- take a tablespoon of honey, soda and mustard and mix well;with this compound to make a compress on the knee, it is possible for the whole night;
- very useful in the treatment of gelatin joints;it is recommended to make compresses with it, and also take inwards in the form of different jellies, sauces and desserts;
- an effective ointment made from turpentine, egg yolk and apple cider vinegar( the smell is not very pleasant, but the pain passes quickly);
- Many folk remedies for knees include various cleansing decoctions and infusions;the best are salt and slag from the joints of cowberry leaves, burdock leaves, walnuts;
- an effective remedy is chopped parsley with lemon, mixed with honey;
- well relieves pain in the knees ointment from the juice of celandine, mixed with petroleum jelly;
- sometimes effective are soda lotions on the knee joint.
Exercises for pain in the knees
When acute pains occur, the recovery phase begins. The best means for this will be special gymnastics. You can do it yourself at home. All exercises need to be done slowly, without sudden movements and a heavy load on your knees. Walking, swimming and exercise bikes are very useful for this problem. If you doubt whether it is possible to perform any movements, it is better to consult a doctor. Useful strength exercises and stretch marks. It is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the legs and improve the mobility of the joints. To do this, you can use the lifts of the legs, slow bending them in the knees, semicircles, squats with support on the wall and attacks on the platform or bench.
This is an auxiliary method of treating pain in the knees. It improves blood circulation, which helps reduce edema and the disappearance of pain. The best thing in this regard is acupressure. If there is no opportunity to visit a specialist, you can do this yourself. For example, sit on the floor, put under the knees of tennis balls. If you move your legs, the balls will stimulate the points under the knees. You can also clasp the knee with both hands and rub it on all sides, providing impact on several points. But it is best to entrust this procedure to a specialist. Massage of the knee is done 15-20 minutes once a day. Apply techniques such as grinding, kneading and stroking. Massage both legs equally, even if the second knee does not hurt.
Prevention of pain in the knees
- It is necessary to monitor your weight, because it is because of this, in many cases, knees ache.
- Shoes should be worn comfortable, it is best to use soft orthopedic insoles.
- The diet is also very important for joint diseases. It is necessary to exclude from the diet fatty foods and pastries, more vegetables, fruits, fish and vegetable oil. Useful turmeric and ginger.
- In sports and physical work, it is necessary to protect your knees from damage, not to overexert yourself.
- It is necessary to call the doctor in time, not allowing the appearance of severe pain.
Only if you monitor your health, you can quickly and without consequences remove the pain in your knees. Treatment at home of this ailment can be effective, but often leads to complications. Therefore, for any discomfort in the joints should not engage in self-treatment, you need to see a doctor. After all, the knee joint is so important for normal movement that it is better to be safe than to walk on crutches.
Why aching joints of the legs and arms, how to diagnose and treat the disease
Certainly, in order to make an accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to turn to a rheumatologist and undergo a full diagnostic: X-ray, CT, MRI, a set of laboratory tests.
Based on the symptoms and results of the examination, the doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe a treatment.
Osteoporosis: causes and methods of treatment of
disease Osteoporosis, as one of the causes of the appearance of pain, is characterized by a decrease in the amount of bone substance, which leads to a decrease in bone density.
pain in the joints of the legs and hands of the photo. When the density of bones is reduced, strength decreases, the bone becomes porous, like a sponge, which greatly increases the likelihood of fracture.
About 70% of fractures in people older than 45 years are due to osteoporosis.
The causes of the disease include: imbalance of hormones, genetic disorders, smoking, alcohol, excessive physical exertion, low bone mass, deficiency of vitamin D and calcium.
The elderly are the most susceptible to the disease, but this disease can not be considered an invariable attribute of aging. If you observe physical activity, do not abuse alcohol and smoking, then osteoporosis will bypass you.
When wondering how to treat leg joints in osteoporosis, you need to go to the hospital.
Among the generalized recommendations for treatment, there are therapeutic meals( containing vitamin D and calcium), medications and curative gymnastics. Also recommended for sunbathing, but within reasonable limits.
How to deal with osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is one of the age-related diseases that affects the joints of the toes and leads to a partial or complete immobilization of the patient.
At an early stage of osteoarthrosis, tenderness of the joints is felt only after a strong physical exertion, with the progression of the pain the pain intensifies, there is a crunch in the joints. If osteoarthritis is not treated, an unavoidable pathological deformation of the foot occurs.
pain in the joints of the legs and hands Photo One of the most characteristic and visually noticeable signs of the disease is the bulging bone on the inner surface of the foot.
Not only the joints of the toes, but also the knee joints, the ankle region, are affected.
The most intense pain in the mornings and evenings.
Among the causes of osteoarthritis are: excessive physical activity or sedentary lifestyle( sports loads should be moderately), congenital anomalies of the joint structure, age changes, endocrine disorders.
The treatment of the disease is based on painkillers that do not treat, but only take away the pain, ichondoprotectors, which provide the body with a ready-made building material for cartilage, which is not enough for osteoarthritis in the body.
Among the physiotherapeutic procedures, paraffin applications are widely used that relieve muscle spasms and improve blood circulation in the joint.
How dangerous is rheumatoid arthritis
If the joints of the hands and feet are aching, this can often accompany rheumatoid arthritis. Unfortunately, the disease is susceptible to both the young organism and the body of an elderly person.
This disease is from a number of autoimmune, caused by the presence of an infection in the body. Therefore, the main task of the doctor is to eliminate the root cause of the disease, which leads to a malfunction of the immune system.
pain in the joints of the legs and hands PhotoRevmatoid arthritis can be affected by the ankle, hip joints, hands, temporomandibular joints. As a rule, the disease symmetrically affects the joints of the body.
Inflammation of the joints of the feet entails reddening of the affected skin, they become painful and swollen. Pain in the joints intensifies in the morning, and by the evening a little subsides.
Rheumatoid arthritis should be treated immediately, as it affects not only the joints, but also leads to pathological changes in the internal organs. At the first signs of the disease, immediately consult a doctor.
What is gout
Gout is characterized by inflammation of the joint of the big toe. The cause of the development of the disease is a violation of the exchange of purine in the liver.
Purines are substances in the course of chemical decomposition of which uric acid is produced, which is excreted from the human body together with the products of metabolism.
pain in the joints of the legs and arms of the photo. If the purine metabolism is disturbed in the body, uric acid is not excreted, but remains in the body.
Because of salt concentrate in the joint, which leads to a painful sensation.
With gout, the joint of the thumb begins to swell, swells, soreness appears, it becomes impossible to wear shoes.
The most acute pain in the joint occurs at night, as the seizures can be triggered by the consumption of fatty and meat dishes.
To eliminate the disease, the doctor prescribes medication that will reduce the level of uric acid in the human body. In order to normalize metabolic processes in the body, it is necessary to adhere to proper nutrition.
Pain in the legs with diabetes mellitus
With diabetes mellitus, the peripheral nervous system, metabolic processes, blood circulation are disturbed, resulting in insufficient arteries of oxygen.
pain in the joints of the legs and hands photo Carbon dioxide, accumulating in the blood, contributes to the occurrence of pain, cramps, tingling, swelling.
To reduce pain in the legs, treatment should be directed to reduce the overall diabetic symptomatology.
It is also necessary to add cosmetic procedures for the legs: contrasting baths, insulin cream.
If you have soreness in the joints of the feet, then immediately consult a rheumatologist. Only an experienced doctor will be able to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe a treatment.
Self-medication is prohibited, as this can lead to disastrous consequences.
The knees hurt what to do?
With the problem of pain in the knee, most people in this world face. And many do not even know what to do if the knee hurts. In everyday life, we face this situation every day. And in this there is nothing terrible - because everyday loads on your knees are very large, hence the pain in the joints. As a rule, it is easiest to get a knee injury in sports training or with a lot of physical exertion. The situation when the knees ache is very unpleasant, you should immediately take measures to reduce pain and further avoid injury.
The knee joint is the largest in the entire human body. Hence its very complex structure. The knee joint is located at the junction of the femur and the two bones of the shin. The femur and knee are connected by means of tendons, muscles, cartilages. In the knee joint, there are shock absorbers, menisci perform their function. Menisci also respond to the mobility of their knees. The kneecap closes the patella, protecting it from heavy loads, so that the joint can move freely.
Why can my knees ache?
There are many reasons that affect the arising pain in the knee. And the first question that arises in people in this situation: aching knees, what to do. But in order to understand what to do, you first need to understand the root cause.
Pain in the knee can be associated with damage to the joints, cartilage, ligaments, tendons. And also with various pathologies of the knee joint. If there is swelling in the knee pains and the composition is hotter than the other, it may indicate the presence of a disease such as arthritis. In addition, the knee may not hurt, but the person will feel that it is constrained, that is, movements are difficult, especially difficult to perform lateral movements. Sometimes, due to pain in the knees, the muscles of the legs above the knees can hurt. This situation is most likely due to excessive sports.
Most often, knee pain occurs when the meniscus is damaged. But already the meniscus injury can be caused by anything - a fall, a strong blow and so on. The cause of damage to the meniscus can be excessive weight, heightened exercise. If the cause of pain in the knees - excess weight, then a person must adhere to a diet in order to lose weight and reduce the burden on your joint. Above, the main reasons were listed, from which it is clear why the knees ache.
Most often, knee pains occur when an injury occurs. Typically, such damage can occur in the following situations:
- A very strong knee kick, or knee kick on a hard surface.
- Unsuccessful fall on one knee, or both.
- Trauma can occur if the knee joint is long in an unnatural condition for it.
As a rule, immediately after the injury you can see the first symptoms: there will be swelling of the knee, bruising, acute pain in the joint. When the knee is swollen and aching, a very uncomfortable feeling arises in the joint, as if they are prevented from moving. In addition, there may be a feeling of numbness in the knee or even across the entire leg, as well as a feeling of cold. This is due to the fact that nerve endings can be squashed.
To better understand, let's look at the most known types of knee joint injuries:
- Meniscal damage.
- Injury of tendons or ligaments, stretching or rupture.
- Rupture of knee ligaments.
- Fracture( open or closed) of the lower part of the femur, upper leg or patella. Fracture can occur with a very strong impact directly in the knee, as well as with a strong fall, when the knee is the entire weight of a person.
- Dislocation of the patella, or dislocation of the knee. It can occur when doing any exercise. Such a trauma happens in women or girls at the age from 14 to 19 years. As a result of such damage, a fragment may form inside the knee, which will prevent the normal functioning of the knee in the future.
- Knee dislocation. As practice shows, such a trauma is rare. It can be obtained only with strong muscular effort. If a person dislocates his knee, he should immediately seek medical help in order to avoid serious consequences.
What is arthrosis?
Often, acute pain in the knees does not occur immediately, but after some time. This indicates that the person did not go to the doctor on time and did not take any measures for treatment. In addition, hypothermia of the joint can also cause inflammation, which can develop into a chronic one. There will be pain when walking, it will be hard to stand for a long time. All these reasons can lead to arthrosis of the knee joint - chronic pain in the knees. To avoid the risk of this disease, you need to seek medical help in a timely manner.
What is arthritis?
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joint that arises from the fact that the joints were exposed to bacteria. If a person has an acute form of arthritis, then it can be accompanied by an increase in body temperature, chills, fever and acute pain in the joints. With this disease, you can notice that the inflamed joint turns red and even swells, while the rest of the body is pale.
Chronic arthritis can occur as a result of the deposition of salts. These formations greatly impede the movement of the joint, as a result of which it eventually solidifies eventually, and its functioning is almost impossible. The pains become very strong, muscle atrophy can occur.
To avoid the occurrence of arthritis, you need to keep track of your weight, as excessive body weight gives an additional strain on the knee joints. Heavy objects need to be lifted correctly, without making sudden movements. Regular physical exercises will help you in the prevention of any joint disease. It is necessary to reconsider their food, refuse sweets, carbonated drinks. Correct posture is the guarantee of healthy joints, because when you sit with a straight back it looks not only beautiful, but also reduces the load on the joints several times.
Injuries resulting from physical exertion
Another common cause of these injuries is excessive load on the joint. For example, if a person constantly rides a bicycle, he may well begin an inflammatory process in the knee joint, as a result of which, the knee will begin to ache. People who engage in sports suffer from knee diseases several times more often than people who do not engage in it. Let's consider
the main injuries that can result from a prolonged load on the knee joints:
- Inflammation or defeat of the tendon.
- Occurrence in the joint of tissues or some formations, as a result of which pain in the patellar region may occur.
- Inflammation of synovial knee bag.
Now that the main reasons for the appearance of pain in your knees are dismantled, let's try to figure out how to treat them properly. First of all, you should never engage in self-medication - this will not lead to anything good. All of the above reasons can really affect the pain in the knees, but the true cause can only be revealed by the doctor. Therefore, before starting treatment, consult a doctor.
Once you have a clear idea of if your knees are aching, then you just have to follow the doctors' instructions.
Let's consider some simple recipes that will help to remove swelling or swelling for a while. But keep in mind that these recipes will only have a temporary effect.
- You will need to grind the leaves of burdock through a meat grinder or in a blender, mix them with vodka and rub them with damaged places. This method is good for swelling.
- A wonderful tool - a golden mustache. Use it on vodka and rub your knees for the night. Pain immediately decreases.
- Birch leaves can also be used to reduce pain. Attach them to the sore spots, wrap them with gauze and go to rest. In the morning, remove the compress, and you will immediately feel that it has become much easier.
- If you notice that your knees are sore for a long time, but going to the doctor for you is unacceptable, then try every evening to take warm baths with soda. This will reduce pain.
- If you have salt build-up on the joints, then a black radish will help you. Slice her skin and apply to the knee. Start at five minutes, gradually increasing the time to fifteen minutes. The procedures must be carried out within ten days, after which take a break.
- Another recipe that helps to get rid of the pain is orange jelly. You will need orange juice and gelatin. After you have prepared the jelly, you will need to eat it three times a day, in the morning, at lunch and at night.
- To prepare the next solution, you need one bay leaf and water. Pour the sheet with water, bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes. Then allow the solution to infuse for two or three hours. After that, you can safely wipe them with inflamed joints.
These simple recipes will help you reduce pain in the knee and relieve swelling. But they can not cure your trauma, complex treatment can be prescribed only by an experienced specialist.
In addition to such recipes, there are several other ways that also help to temporarily reduce discomfort:
- If the knee is swollen and sore, then an ice pack will help you. You can take the package with ice and attach it to the damaged place. After a while, the pain will begin to recede.
- The application of a fixative bandage can also help. But you must be sure that it can be done with your injury, otherwise you can only aggravate the situation.
- For those who like to run or go in for sports, it will be useful to change sports shoes more often. After all, it has the property of stumbling, which negatively affects the knee joint.
- If the knee hurts, when you sit for a long time in one place, you need to move a little. Sedentary lifestyle or sedentary work is very dangerous - the risk of gaining excess weight develops, which will put stress on the knee joints, and all the time without movement - it is very harmful, the knees stagnate. Therefore, it is very important to monitor the diet and at least a couple of times a week to arrange a training session. Or every morning to do ten minutes of exercise. It will be useful not only for the knees, but for the whole organism.
- Remember that exercises are necessary in order to avoid pain in the joints. A man needs to develop ligaments and knee muscles, since they are responsible for him. It is necessary to perform exercises to strengthen them, because if they are not strong enough, then you can not avoid pain. At the same time, make sure that there is no overexertion - it can also cause inflammation. It is enough to practice two or three times a week under the guidance of a coach, or to do exercises, an easy warm-up yourself, then watching to avoid any unpleasant sensations.
Sergei Bubnovsky: aching knees, what to do?
Sergey Bubnovsky's famous book "Sore knees: what to do?" Will tell you a lot of interesting things. It is written in plain language and it will be clear to any person who does not have medical education. In this book, you can find many answers to your questions. The author will tell you why there are pains in your knees, what is caused, what consequences may be, what not to do to avoid and much more. You will learn what can be done to temporarily reduce pain in the knee joint. In the book Bubnovsky detailed exercises for the prevention of arthritis and arthrosis, exercises that help restore the functioning of the knee after an injury. You will find out why knees begin to ache with age, even if in youth it was not.
In this book, you can find the answer to any of your questions, which is related to knee diseases. Here everything is set out simply and in detail. No reader will have any difficulties, the text is easy and understandable. A lot of useful tips and recipes will help in the future to avoid damage not only knee, but also other joints. Be careful, do regular physical activity, watch your weight and way of life and then you will forget what knee pains are.