Why does the hip pain appear?
The hip joint consists of a ball-shaped femoral head and an acetabulum of the pelvic bones, which is a deep, smooth notch of a circular shape. It serves for flexion, extension, rotational movements and damping of the thigh. Disease of the hip joint greatly complicates the life of a person, so it is necessary to establish the cause of the pain.
Structure of the hip joint
Joint pain: causes of
Pain in the hip joint may appear for various reasons: due to damage to the joint itself, both to the right and to the left, as well as bones, cartilage or ligaments located next to it. Often with a painful symptom, there is numbness and restriction of movement throughout the thigh. Diseases of the hip joint can appear at any age, but most often disturb the elderly. If you have pain, it is advisable to consult a doctor-therapist, he will prescribe an initial examination and recommends which doctor to go to.
Reasons for hip pain:
- Fracture in the hip. Necrosis of the head of the femur.
- Sprain of ligaments.
- Pregnancy period.
Pain in the joint can bother the young mother
The most dangerous is a fracture in the hip joint. Fracture of the neck of the femur and acetabulum often occurs in elderly people, in men it happens less often than in women. This is due to a decrease in strength of bones and low physical activity. With a fracture, there is a shift in the bones, pain in the hip joint, swelling and bruising. To confirm the fracture, an x-ray and a CT scan are made in the area of damage. Treatment of the fracture includes a set of surgical and conservative methods, as well as complete immobilization of the damaged limb, without the possibility of lying on its side.
Aseptic necrosis of the femoral head
Occurs because of damage to metabolic processes and circulation. As a result of the disease, the bone material of the thigh dies at the point of its greatest attachment to the acetabulum. With prolonged illness the head of the thigh can be completely destroyed, the acetabulum deforms, this leads to a complete immobilization of the limb.
Causes of aseptic necrosis:
- Vascular - are associated with impaired blood flow and changes in blood clotting and viscosity. This leads to a decrease in the supply of cartilage and a decrease in its elasticity.
- Great joint work. The disease most often affects professional athletes and people with excess weight.
- Disorders of metabolic processes in the body.
- Occurs because of a number of genetic factors, such as the intensity of destruction and formation of bone tissue, sex and human age. Most often the disease appears in men over 30 years.
Pains in the hip joint with necrosis appear suddenly and may not pass a long time, increasing during sleep. In the future there is a significant weakening of the muscles of the hip, the leg decreases in the girth by 3-4 cm, the amplitude of movements decreases, the joint hurts not ceasing.
Steps of aseptic necrosis of the femoral head
In the first stages of necrosis, the treatment is aimed at reducing the destruction of the bone substance of the bone, removing the pain symptom and increasing the function of the joint. At the last stage of the disease, only surgical treatment is possible. When the disease has reached a severe stage, the joint is replaced with an artificial prosthesis.
Pain in the hip is most often associated with the onset of arthritis. This is a common name for a large number of diseases that cause inflammation and deformity of the joints.
Severe pain in the hip joint at night is one of the symptoms of this disease. For arthritis, inflammation and stiffness in the joint area, low back pain and local body temperature increase are also characteristic.
One of the most dangerous diseases is rheumatoid arthritis. It affects several joints at once, including the shoulder and knee joints. In the majority it occurs in middle-aged people. Arthritis of the hip joint in women is several times more common than in men. This is due to the instability of the hormonal background, which increases the risk of inflammation.
Unfortunately, such diseases can not be completely cured. Doctors do not recommend self-treatment with folk remedies, this can only worsen the course of the disease. What if you have pain in the hip? It is better to consult a rheumatologist for a full-time treatment.
Bursitis: the main signs and methods of treatment
The hip joint is covered with a synovial bag, which sometimes inflames causing bursitis.
The main signs of bursitis:
- acute and burning pain, especially when lying on its side, spreading over the entire surface of the thigh;
- with the development of the disease the appearance of low back pain;
- increased discomfort when walking with a foot;
- increased pain after prolonged sitting, back pain;
In case of infection, purulent bursitis may occur, which is characterized by acute pain in the hip joint region. For this type of bursitis, a characteristic symptom is the impossibility of full extension of the leg. When pressed, a seal is felt that can spread over the large surface of the thigh. Perhaps, the appearance of pain in the lower back.
How to treat bursitis? Treatment of folk remedies for this disease is ineffective. Reduction in physical activity, the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, the use of crutches to reduce the burden on the damaged joint, to reduce severe pain, prescribe injections of preparations containing hormonal drugs into the hip joint. In rare cases, it is necessary to perform surgical treatment, removing the inflamed bursa. After the operation, the motor ability of the joint does not decrease.
Tendonitis: symptoms and treatment
Inflammation of tendons is a tendonitis. This disease often causes severe pain in the hip joint during movement and rising. Inflammation of tendons can occur due to the accumulation of excess fluid or infection. In the presence of this disease, a characteristic crunch arises.
Diseases of the hip joints occur in elderly and middle-aged people due to a decrease in the elasticity of the tendons. Most tendon tendon tendons on the hands. The risk group includes athletes because of the heavy load on the muscles and tendons during training.
Tissue tissues wear out and are more susceptible to stress and injury.
In the treatment of tendinitis necessarily impose a tire or gypsum, make cold and hot compresses. Sometimes, in order to remove inflammation, injections are prescribed in the area of the affected joint. To smear with any means without prescription of the doctor the affected area is undesirable, it can lead to the progression of the disease. For complete recovery, treatment is conducted approximately every two weeks for two months. In a chronic form, surgically removed inflamed tissues or calcium deposits in the affected area.
Sprain in the hip:
symptoms As a result of injuries from falls or accidents, stretching of the hip ligaments occurs, it is not uncommon for athletes. To stretch the ligaments is characterized by a sharp pain after trauma, an increase in sensitivity in the area of the lesion, with damage to the vessels appearance of a hematoma. When stretching in the hip joint, the treatment is prescribed by a trauma doctor. After stretching, the ligaments are more sensitive to various injuries, so you need to be very careful that this does not happen again.
The doctor should carefully examine the injury, especially if there is a hematoma to investigate the cause of the bruise. How to get rid of the pain when stretching? It is mandatory to use cooling compresses several times every day until edema decreases. To strengthen the muscles prescribed therapeutic exercise. But do not actively engage in sports, it can lead to deterioration of the muscles. To reduce the burden on the injured thigh, in some cases the doctor advises using crutches when walking.
Tension of the hip joints is one of the most common injuries
Causes of joint pain in children
Hip joint diseases affect not only adults but also young children. Even in the prenatal state, the pathology of the pelvic bones may begin to develop in the fetus. Congenital dislocation of the hip joint is considered one of the most serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system in young children. If a pathology is found, emergency treatment is necessary - this will help to avoid disability in the child in the future. To correct the dislocation, it is necessary to apply the adjustment tires to the foot, with the restriction of lying on the side, stretching the legs with the weights. Surgical intervention is used for children older than 4 years.
The leg in the hip joint aches during epiphysis of the head of the thigh. Most often manifested in adolescents who are overweight.
Symptoms of this disease:
- Apparent shortening of leg length.
- High thigh position in the area of the large trochanter.
- Restriction of movement and damping of the foot.
Disease occurs when the imbalance of growth and sex hormones. From the lack of hormones, the strength of the pelvic bones is significantly reduced, which leads to the displacement of the femur. With epiphyolysis in the hip joint, the treatment is only surgical. It is performed on two joints at once, therefore, if the joint to the right is more affected, the left one will operate necessarily.
Van Neck's sciatic-pubic synochondrosis affects children from 7 years. Feelings of pain in the inguinal and hip areas increase with movement and depression. The disease is diagnosed on the roentgenogram and by a general blood test.
Congenital dislocation of the hip joint is considered one of the most serious illnesses in young children.
The right side with recoil into the hip joint area is also worrisome for inflammation of the internal organs: appendicitis or ovaries, so it is better to see a doctor for a general examination of the body. If it hurts on the right, it is advisable to check for umbilical or inguinal hernia.
The leg in the hip joint can be aching from prolonged lying on the side or seat in an uncomfortable position. A common cause of low back pain is sedentary work. Every hour must make a small break and warm-up. It is desirable to work in a special chair with a rigid high back.
Causes of joint pain during pregnancy
During pregnancy, the body of a woman undergoes great changes, which often leads to pain in the back and legs. In later terms, the pregnant woman often complains of the appearance of discomfort. Often pregnant women turn to the doctor with a question, when I lie on my side, why there is pain. Causes:
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy reduce the elasticity of the muscles, which is the cause of the pain in the hip joint.
- Enlargement of the uterus creates an extra burden on the pelvic bone.
- Weight gain creates a lot of pressure on the legs. Lack of calcium in the body.
Back pain is considered normal during the period of bearing.
Which doctor should I go to when I have pain? Be sure to consult a doctor-therapist, who together with a gynecologist will determine what it means. After childbirth the pain in the hip joint disappears.
Preventing the onset of pain in pregnancy
To avoid the appearance of hip joint diseases, it is recommended to follow the basic rules:
- Wear comfortable shoes, mandatory presence of a stable heel about 3 cm high.
- If you have a stomach, be sure to wear a bandage for pregnant women.
- Constantly monitor your posture.
- Do not lift weights, the recommended weight is 2 kg.
- It is obligatory to use vitamin complexes recommended by a doctor.
- Perform special exercises.
The role of the hip joint is very large, thanks to it the legs move. Therefore, if you have pain and discomfort, immediately consult a specialist for diagnosis and timely treatment.
Causes and treatment of hip pain
The hip joint is the most important joint of our body. He has a large part of the body, as well as maintaining the balance. Often patients of different ages may complain of pain in the thigh. In this case, unpleasant sensations can occur sometimes, and in some cases very often. Often, such pains are the result of physical exertion, and it happens that they arise without a reason.
First we'll find out what causes pain in the thigh during walking.
Pains in the thigh are a signal about some pathology. If they have nothing to do with the injury, you should immediately seek help from a specialist.
The most common causes of pain in the thigh are:
- arthrosis. In 25 percent of complaints about hip pain, patients are diagnosed with arthrosis. The main difference of this pathology is a slow flow. The disease can be triggered by stressful situations or traumatism. Often, arthrosis is diagnosed in women after forty years. The hip and groin region hurts. Unpleasant soreness can descend further, reaching the knees. When a person rests, pains in the hip joint go away, but intensify with physical activity and when getting out of bed or chair;
- joint infarction. Unlike the previous disease, it is found much less often, but in its manifestations is very similar to arthrosis. Nevertheless, the main feature is the rapid development of the process. Patients are concerned about severe pain in the hip( external surface);
- injury of the lumbar region. This cause is found in every second case. Patients have a characteristic one-sided lesion - the right or left thigh, in particular, pain may appear on the posterior surface. They also have a sore leg. As a rule, pain does not return to the groin;
- is a muscular inflammation of rheumatic origin. Most often occurs after a severe acute viral disease or psychoemotional stress. To severe pain in the hip joint hyperthermia joins;
- pathology of the heart;
- oncological diseases;
- inflammation in the organs of the reproductive system;
- Pelvic abscesses.
The reasons can be very different, therefore only the specialist can prescribe the necessary examination and conduct a comparative analysis with other diseases.
When can joint pain appear?
Pain in the hip joint can be accompanied by the development of limited movement. It is acute, occurring rarely and lasting for a short while, and also chronic.
Pain can occur on the top, on the inside of the thigh, and also on the back surface. The nature of pain is aching, pulling, sharp, sharp. In some cases, pain can appear simultaneously in the lower back and thigh.
Typical complaints of patients telling about hip pain are:
- aches and pains in the femoral joint during menstruation;
- with prolonged loads on the legs of the muscles in the femoral joint become hot and red and even begin to grow numb;
- patients are hard to both lie and stand.
The following are common features:
- the pain resulting from the injury appears almost instantaneously;
- if the whole reason is overload, then pain can occur even after a few hours;
- soreness accompanied by lameness. It is an attempt to minimize the weight for which the femoral joint is responsible.
Diagnostic study of
If there is no history of traumatization and hip joint pain is associated with pain in the lumbar region, the first thing to do is to perform an MRI of the lumbar and sacral parts of the spinal column. The next step should be an appeal to the neurologist.
Treatment is associated with lifestyle changes
First of all, it is necessary to find out the cause that provoked the development of pain in the hip joint. Before taking any medications or doing gymnastics, you need to consult a doctor.
You can not put diagnoses yourself, as the reasons can be very diverse. After setting the correct diagnosis, you need to ask the doctor what is shown in this case, and what is contraindicated.
Methods of treatment
Often pains in the hip joint are associated with inflammation in the joint, so taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is effective in combating discomfort.
Analgesics remove pain only for a short time.
If painkillers do not give any effect, then you should consult a specialist who will prescribe drugs more feasibly.
If we put ice on the hip joint, this will reduce the inflammatory process. Cryoprocedures should be done a couple of times a day for 10-15 minutes. You can wrap the ice in a towel so it's not so cold.
This is especially effective if the cause is arthritis. Warming softens the pain. You can take a hot bath or apply a hot-water bottle directly to the place of unpleasant sensations.
Rest is especially important in those cases when there is a trauma in the anamnesis. It is necessary to comply with bed rest, because in order for everything to heal, it takes time.
It is important to protect yourself and your strength. It is best to avoid excessive loads. They can provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will cause an increase in pain.
Normalization of body weight and comfortable shoes
The thigh will be overloaded if the person has extra pounds. Losing weight softens the pain.
Shoes must provide support. Orthopedic insoles should be used. The sole should promote the distribution of pressure throughout the entire length, and also absorb possible shocks.
Charge will help increase blood circulation, as well as relax the joints. As a consequence, the painful sensations for the whole day will significantly decrease
What if the hip aches? Start your day with a simple charge. For example, an exercise called "footbridge" will warm the muscles of the painful joint. Consider a step-by-step effective exercise:
- you first need to assume the supine position;
- then bend the legs in the knee joint;
- feet should be well pressed to the floor and put them at a width corresponding to the width of the hips;
- further raise the pelvis. Due to this, the whole body weight falls on the ankles;
- starting from the shoulder to the knee joint, the body must draw a straight line;
- hold the body in this position for a few seconds, then slowly and carefully return to its original position. It is necessary to do about ten such approaches.
Physical exercises should be done regularly
Treatment with water procedures will strengthen the muscles of the thigh, while not exerting too much stress on them, as is the case with jogging. Swimming, aqua aerobics - all this will positively affect the condition of your joints.
Before starting the exercises that alleviate pain in the joints, you should consult a specialist.
Effective gymnastic exercises
Treatment should be comprehensive. It includes the following actions:And we recommend reading: Why does the leg muscle ache above the knee?
- should be straightened and stand, and then raise the maximum leg to the side and gently return to its original position. We are doing the same thing with the other leg. This exercise will help stretch the hip muscles;
- treatment with the following exercises helps to strengthen and maintain the internal muscles of the thigh. This is very important, since weak muscles can even damage other healthy joint muscles. To perform this exercise, it is necessary to take the supine position on the back, and hands to spread apart. At the same time, you should grab the gymnastic ball with your feet and try to lift it so that the foot with the floor forms an angle of 90 degrees. Next, try to squeeze the ball as much as possible with the internal muscles of the thigh ten times. We make several approaches;
- having strengthened internal muscles, it is possible to be taken for external. These muscles support a significant portion of your weight. Therefore, their strengthening is extremely important, especially in the presence of arthritis. For the beginning we lay down on a healthy side. It is better not to lie down on a hard and cold floor, you need to use a rug. Then we lift the sick leg a little and hold it in this position, after we lower it. So you can do it ten times, then if it does not hurt, you can repeat this exercise with the other leg;
- strengthening muscles, you can begin to stretch them. Treatment using this technique should begin with a consultation with a physiotherapist. Stretching not only softens the soreness, but also strengthens the muscles, which in the future will also contribute to less pain. There are several types of stretch marks. First, let's talk about stretching with rotation. To do this, lie on your back and place your hands in both directions. The leg that you want to stretch should be bent at the knee joint, and its foot should be placed on the floor. The second leg should lie on the floor, with the socks up. Then we lower the leg, stretching in the side as much as possible, before the appearance of painful sensations. In this position, the leg should be up to five seconds, and then return it to its original position. We do such actions with both legs for ten approaches. You can also stretch the hip flexors. Everything begins, as in the previous stretch: we lay down on the floor and one leg bends in the knee. Only now you need to clasp this leg with your hand and try to squeeze it as hard as possible to the chest before the pain. Hold your foot also for a few seconds. We repeat actions in two legs up to 15 approaches;
- complex of exercises ends with the squeezing of the buttocks. For this, both legs should be bent at the knee joint, and both feet should be placed on the floor. Next, you need to take a towel, twisted in the shape of a cylinder, and put between the knees. Now we try to squeeze them, while straining the muscles of the buttocks and the inner surface of the thigh. Up to ten approaches are made. We stay in position for up to five seconds.
Before treatment with traditional medicine, you should consult a doctor
Folk methods of fighting
Let's talk about the most common recipes.
For the beginning, the leaves are separated from the head of cabbage. Then they are smeared with honey and applied directly to the sore spot. We wrap the sheet over the sheet with a plastic bag, and on top of the bag with a woolen shawl. Leave such a compress can be for the whole night.
To prepare the next recipe you need:
- 3 lemons;
- 100 grams of garlic;
- 200 grams of celery root.
All the ingredients are cut into small pieces, pour boiling water and put in a thermos. Let's brew for a day.
Ready tincture you need to drink 100 grams three times a day.
To prepare a healing bath you will need the following:
- Jerusalem artichoke;
- pine branches;
- kilogram of sea salt;
- pinch of turpentine turpentine;
- 20 grams of honey.
You should make up to ten such baths. After the procedure, you can steam a hot mesh of fat( pig internal).
As can be seen, pains in the thigh can occur for various reasons, so you can not do without qualified help.
Causes of pain in the hip: what diseases cause it?
The hip joint is the largest and most powerful joint in the human body, taking on a significant part of the load, which makes the injuries and diseases of this joint apparatus the most serious, severe and requiring immediate attention to a specialist, whatever causes cause pain in this joint.
What diseases are the causes of hip pain?
Characteristics of pain in various diseases
Diseases that provoke these pains
hip joint structure
The hip joint forms the femoral head, covered with hyaline cartilage, which softens its slip on movement, and the acetabulum of the hip bone. The peculiarity of the structure of this joint is that a significant part of the femoral neck is also included in the articular cavity.
When getting a hip injury, you should immediately contact for timely diagnosis and adequate treatment to such specialist doctors:
- traumatologist or orthopedist;
- physical therapist.
Pain can be caused by the development of diseases such as:
- deforming osteoarthritis( coxarthrosis);
- infectious arthritis;
- arthritis of non-infectious origin( including reactive arthritis)
- pathology of blood supply to the bones forming this joint;
- and other reasons.
Degenerative changes in the joint surface: cartilage damage, changes in the periarticular structure, a significant decrease in the amount of joint fluid, changes in the synovial membrane of the joint precede the development of diseases, which causes the onset of pain and malfunctions in the normal functioning of the articular cartilage.
Pain sensations can appear due to inflammatory processes of the internal surface of the joint, which arise when the joint is worn, cartilage depletion and cartilage fragments. With complete cartilage degradation, or its absence, the unprotected head of the femur rubs against the bone of the hip cavity, which provokes unbearable pain.
Pain resulting from hip joint damage can occur in another area of the joint, affect the thigh, pulsate in the lower leg. Or vice versa, the pain from damage to the lumbar spine can easily be confused with pain in the hip area.
In addition to pain, the patient can also complain of a significant decrease in mobility, stiffness of movements, which is possible if the function of hip flexion is violated - as a rule, these are lateral movements. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that the hip joint has a cross innervation with the knee.
If, however, not to turn to a professional in time, a neglected form of hip joint may eventually lead to limp and a deceptive impression that one leg is shorter than the other. With the progression of disorders in the work of the hip joint, it becomes practically immobile, tight, not restored. After a long stay in the sitting position, movements can be constrained and painful, it becomes difficult for the patient to move for long distances.
In addition, pain in the hip joint can be caused by disturbances in its structure or adjacent tissues, bones, tendons, cartilage, fascia, or muscles.
Diseases - causes of pain
Two of the most dangerous, but fortunately rare causes of pain in the hip are a fracture of the neck of the hip and aseptic necrosis of the head of the femur bone.
Fracture of the femur neck
fracture of the femoral neck
Fracture of the hip, particularly of the neck, the most elegant part of it - is extremely serious and dangerous, especially in the elderly. Subsequently, the activity and mobility of a person may be significantly reduced, often the process of rehabilitation is accompanied by complications: thrombosis or infection, especially in people of age.
The hip is most vulnerable in the presence of a disease such as osteoporosis - a reduction in bone strength and density. Treatment consists in imposing gypsum with the subsequent long restorative program: medical gymnastics, massage.
Aseptic necrosis of
aseptic necrosis of the femoral head
Aseptic necrosis of the femoral head( ANGBK) is the total destruction of the hip joint, which is triggered by the cessation of normal blood supply. This condition can occur with long-term use of hormonal glucocorticoid drugs, with complications of antiphospholipid syndrome, thrombosis and other diseases.
To diagnose and prescribe adequate treatment aimed at restoring blood circulation and bone tissue growth, only an experienced doctor is able to. The tactics of treatment consists in the administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, vasodilator drugs, drugs that stimulate the restoration of bone tissues, chondroprotektorov: chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine - substances that feed and restore the structure of the cartilage tissue of the damaged joint.
Arthritis is an inflammatory process in the joint, which includes infectious and rheumatoid arthritis: this ailment is usually observed in the elderly. Arthritis is a degenerative-dystrophic and inflammatory joint disease, in which the patient experiences severe pain in the inguinal region, which gives to the anterior or lateral part of the thigh.
Pain is particularly noticeable when walking, transferring weight to the leg, when leaving the sitting position.
Treatment of arthritis of the hip joint is:
- In isolating pain syndrome;
- In resumption of normal function of the affected joint;
- In eliminating the causes of arthritis.
As a rule, the treatment is based on taking medication, dietary supplements, exercise therapy, massage sessions, in particularly difficult situations resort to surgery. It should be noted that rheumatoid arthritis rarely infects these joints.
Bursitis of the astringent bag
Bursitis of the pouch - an inflammatory process in the fluid bag of the hip joint, which is located above the projection of the hip bone. Bursitis can cause pain in the external part of the buttocks, which are significantly strengthened when exposed to the diseased side.
As a rule, bursitis is treated with conservative methods based on the elimination of movements that provoke pain, strengthening the gluteal muscles, taking anti-inflammatory drugs. If this method proves ineffective, the attending physician prescribes a course of ultrasound therapy or electrophoresis. In especially difficult cases, glucocorticoids are injected into the affected area, surgical procedures are performed in isolated cases.
skin changes in systemic lupus erythematosus
Rheumatic diseases of the hip joint include systemic lupus erythematosus - an autoimmune disease in which healthy cells and body tissues are destroyed.
Pain in inflammation is characterized as dull, aching, reflected in the groin area, the external surface of the buttocks. Pain sensations are pronounced in the morning and become less pronounced after minor physical exertion. Pain restricts the patient's movements and makes walking difficult.
Treatment of hip inflammation directly depends on the features of the diagnosis.
Septic hip inflammation can be caused by staphylococci, streptococci, complications of various strains of influenza and other known infections. The disease manifests itself as an unexpected attack of fever, a slight swelling of the joint, painful sensations when touching and walking.
Tuberculosis arthritis - most often affects the hip joint. First, the disease manifests itself in lameness and pain when moving, after the time the joint swells, becomes completely immobile, the thigh bends and is pressed against the other leg.
If these symptoms and pains appear, you should immediately contact a doctor who, after conducting a complete examination and taking the appropriate tests, will be able to establish an accurate diagnosis, prescribe adequate treatment, and give the necessary recommendations.
For the analysis, as a rule, joint fluid is taken, by the presence of uric acid, various microorganisms, blood, a possible cause of inflammation is determined, a diagnosis is made. The treatment is aimed at eliminating the root causes.
Joint injuries include hip dislocations, a relatively rare phenomenon. As a rule, a joint injury can be obtained in an automobile accident, at the moment when the force is exerted along the axis of the bent leg on the fixed trunk, when it falls from a considerable height. There are such injuries as meniscus damage, ligament and tendon stretch, various dislocations:
- posterior,( 90% of cases);
In this case, refer to a traumatologist, correct the dislocation, fix the damaged area in a fixed position until complete recovery.
Do not indulge in self-treatment at all, this can lead to complications and aggravation of the disease, contact specialists.
The main causes of pain in the hip joint
In young years, it is not natural for a person to think about joint health. What about them to think, if the movements are confident, the gait is light, the strength is full! But at the onset of middle age, periodic pains in the joints begin to occur, which prevent one from living well. It is especially unpleasant when the hip is hurting - it's hard to walk, sometimes even limp appears, it's difficult to get up, it's hard to sit down. I want to get rid of these troubles as soon as possible. Let's try to tell how to do it.
Why does it hurt?
Everyone understands that to get rid of pain, you need to eliminate the causes that caused them. And the reasons for the occurrence of pain in the hip joint is not so little. We list the main:
- Inflammatory diseases of joints and tendons;
- Infectious lesions;
- Systemic diseases.
Where to go?
The most correct action in the presence of pain in the hip joints is to consult a doctor. If the pain is caused by a trauma - you need to go to a traumatologist or orthopedist, if you have rheumatism - to a rheumatologist, if the cause of the pain is unknown to you - go to a therapist, a surgeon or a neurologist. They will sort out and prescribe the treatment.
Characteristics of pain depending on the cause
Fractures, injuriesRecommended reading:
Symptoms of coxarthrosis
Well, with fractures and traumas it is understandable. If there was a fracture in the femoral joint( most often it occurs in elderly people with osteoporosis), a person is provided with a long period of immobility. The most common place of fracture is the neck of the hip, the narrowest part of the joint. Fracture of the femoral neck for the elderly is very dangerous, as it is difficult to treat, and can be complicated by thrombosis, trophic tissue disorder, congestive pneumonia. Pain is a constant concern, and not only in the hip. The pain extends to the entire thigh, to the waist, the entire leg often hurts.
How will they be treated?
This pathology is treated only surgically. There are two types of operations - endoprosthetics( joint replacement) and operation with the installation of a metal pin. You can not refuse surgery, you can not cope with the pain yourself, and if the bones are not properly joined you are threatened with walking with two sticks( if at all!).
If the hip is hurting, and there was no injury, it may start to develop some kind of disease. Consider the symptoms of various ailments to differentiate arising pains.
Perhaps, of all pathologies arthritis occurs most often. If you believe statistics, signs of arthritis can be found in every hundredth elderly person. But the same statistics cites data that arthritis in our time is significantly younger and capable of hitting even thirty-year-olds.
In arthritis of the hip joint, the leg hurts on the affected side, painful sensations appear in the inguinal region, which give to the thigh and knee. A characteristic sign is an attack of severe pain when trying to get up from a sitting position.
All the same symptoms occur in humans and with the so-called rheumatoid arthritis, which occurs against the background of rheumatism. A feature of rheumatoid arthritis is the symmetry of the lesion. A double defeat captures both the right and left femoral joints.
Treatment is continuous. Appointed neurologist and rheumatologist.
Symptoms of this disease become noticeable already in middle age. The beginning is imperceptible, people usually do not attach importance to mild periodic pains in the left or right joint. Sometimes the pain occurs immediately from two sides. With the transition of the disease to the second stage, the pain in the hip joint increases, it is difficult for a person to stand up, turn to the side, in any movement pain gives in the groin and in the knee. Muscle tone is elevated, you can not relax your legs even during sleep. Very often with defarctosis, the hip joint hurts at night. It is at this stage that people often find themselves at a doctor's reception.
Surgery and neurologists treat the disease. Physiotherapy is widely used for rehabilitation.
Bursitis and tendinitisBursitis is the inflammation of the joint bag. The hip joint hurts, if a person lies on the affected side, as pain can give to the gluteal region.
Tedinitis is the inflammation of the ligaments. This pathology is very typical for athletes experiencing serious physical exertion. Pain in the joint arises precisely against the background of the load. If the joint is at rest, the pain may not be observed.
Treat surgeons, neurologists, sports doctors.
Infectious lesions of
When the infection enters the body, the nature of the pain changes. Infectious lesions are characterized by acute, sometimes lightning-fast, rising body temperature, swelling and hyperemia of the skin in the hip area. Sometimes the pain reaches such intensity that it is impossible to touch the joint.
Treatment should be carried out in an infectious hospital. When suppressing the infectious process, the pains go away by themselves.
Other causes of pain
Why can the hip joint hurt? Among the causes are hereditary diseases, and tuberculosis, and tumors, and osteochondrosis. And in each case, the treatment of pain will be different. And hold it will be different specialists. The main thing is not to delay the visit to a specialist.
What can I do by myself?
You did not get to the polyclinic, there are queues there, and you can not take coupons to specialists, and the joint hurts badly. And the day is still so-so, you can tolerate, but at night it hurts so much that it does not sleep! Tablets pain pain relieve pain, but for a short while, and do not want the medicine is handfuls, the liver after all, too, in the body alone.
And you turn your views to folk medicine. Recipes for the removal of pain in her set, and everyone promises healing. Choose the one that seems to you the most convincing, and went - went! We are treated at home and believe in the effect. And in the joint, in the meantime, degenerative changes develop, time is hopelessly gone.
We want to warn you against excessive confidence. If the hip joint hurts, your path should lie with the doctors. And the earlier you come to them, the more likely the recovery. Do you want to use traditional medicine? Yes please! But only under strict strict medical supervision!
Hip of the hip: the causes of pain at different ages
The hip joint( TBS) is one of the most powerful and large joints of the musculoskeletal system. It is formed by the head and neck of the femur, the acetabular cavity of the hip bone and is protected by a strong ligamentous-muscular apparatus. The joint of the thigh is under heavy load, as it can withstand the weight of the body daily, performs the functions of support, balance and movement. When the hip is aching, it indicates a violation of its function. The causes of the pain syndrome can be divided into three large groups:
- pathological processes of degenerative, inflammatory or traumatic nature, affecting the joint itself or its ligamentous-muscular apparatus;
- abnormality of the anatomical structure associated with an incorrect location of the femoral head relative to the acetabulum( congenital and traumatic dislocations, dysplasia, muscular contractures);
- diseases of other organs or systems in which pain can be irradiated to the region of the hip joint.
Causes of pain in TBS depending on the age of
Given the age of the patient, one can suggest one or another reason for the symptom:
- in children under one year of pain is caused by congenital dysplasia, subluxation or joint dislocation, epiphysis, acute purulent osteoarthritis or congenital varus deformity of the lower limbs;
- in children older than a year and adolescents among pathologies of the hip joint is more likely to have Pertis disease, coming synovitis, acquired varus( O-shaped) deformity of legs, tuberculosis of bones, traumatic injuries, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism;
- in adults, elderly and elderly people, hip joint pain can be caused by coxarthrosis, injuries and acquired joint deformities, by squeezing the acetabulum, punctured by a hip fracture.
Hip joint pathology, with
pain syndrome. When the actual hip joint and its musculoskeletal system are affected, the main manifestation is pain. Such pathologies include:
- arthritis of any etiology( bacterial, reactive, rheumatoid, psoriatic, syphilitic, etc.);
- osteoarthritis( coxarthrosis);
- diseases of muscles, ligaments and tendons( bursitis, tendonitis, trochanteritis, myositis);
- bone tumors( osteogenic sarcoma, osteoblastoma) or cancerous metastases in the bone.
These diseases can be accompanied by a decrease in the volume of movement, difficulty in walking, lameness, swelling and redness in the joint area. In
It is important to note when and how the hip joint hurts: the cause of the symptom is easier to determine, knowing the nature of the pain, the conditions of its appearance and disappearance( during walking or at rest), the attendant symptoms. Brief description of specific diseases
- Acute bacterial arthritis is an infectious inflammation of the hip joint. Infection penetrates from a nearby purulent focus. This disease is characterized by a sharp severe pain, a significant limitation of mobility. In the area of the joint appears swelling, redness, increases the local and general temperature. Often acute arthritis causes a dystrophic process and subsequent osteoarthritis. In acute diseases, accompanied by severe intoxication, sometimes arises reactive arthritis. Reactive inflammation in the hip joint has a favorable prognosis, since it passes after the elimination of the underlying disease without consequences.
- Rheumatism is a systemic disease of connective tissue, accompanied by damage to the joints and valvular apparatus of the heart. It develops more often in girls and young women after a history of streptococcal angina. Approximately two weeks after the disease, severe pain occurs in the large joints, which gradually decrease and disappear. Rheumatism does not cause permanent damage to the joints, its main danger is the development of acquired heart defects.
Correct and timely treatment can slow and even stop the progression of the diseaseArthrosis( coxarthrosis) is a degenerative joint disease characterized by the gradual destruction of articular cartilage and the head of the femur. The exact causes of arthrosis are unknown. Secondary coxarthrosis develops after a dislocated thigh or fracture of the femoral neck. The disease progresses gradually and has a chronic course. At first the patient feels minor aching pains, which occur only after increased physical exertion. Then the pain sensations take a permanent character: pains in the hip joint occur at night and at rest. In the late stage, even ordinary walking is difficult.
- Aseptic osteonecrosis of the femoral head is a secondary disease characterized by the gradual destruction of the bone tissue of the femoral head. It develops as a result of coxarthrosis, Gaucher's disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, with anemia with the formation of erythrocytes of pathological form( sickle cell anemia, Cooley's disease, thalassemia).The causes of osteonecrosis can be frequent hemodialysis in renal failure, long-term use of hormonal drugs.
- Epiphysiolysis is a disease typical of adolescence. As a result of endocrine disorders, diet and normal growth of the femur are disrupted, which leads to destruction of the bone tissue of the femoral head.
- The tuberculous lesion of the joint proceeds like protracted arthritis. Symptoms can be worn out, the pains are unstable. Over time, a significant deformation of the hip joint, preventing normal movements.
- Hip bursitis is an inflammation of the synovial joint bag. It often happens in middle-aged and elderly women. This is an acute disease, which also hurts the leg in the hip joint, but on the side of the lesion it is possible to feel the rounded painful formation of a dense consistency. Without treatment, movements in the joint are limited, the pain decreases. In this case, they speak of a "frozen" joint.
Sometimes the pain syndrome can be caused by prolonged physical exertion, while after rest the pain passes. Many women have a hip joint during pregnancy. This may be due to a decreased content of calcium in the blood, weakening of the ligamentous apparatus of the pelvis or an increase in the load on the joints of the thighs.
Injuries and diseases that lead to a violation of the anatomical structure of the joint
Anatomy of the hip joint can be disrupted as a result of the causes of traumatic and non-traumatic nature: